Why does the Punisher not appear in mainstream Marvel or crossovers even though he's popular?

Why does the Punisher not appear in mainstream Marvel or crossovers even though he's popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nB_tGab-t0g
youtube.com/watch?v=tP_-YIhgF3w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Crcn76XF6dM
youtube.com/watch?v=-MSjYD-MCM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1. The Marvel writers HATE the character. It's 100% political of course.

2. He's not that popular anymore due to Marvel ruining the character with countless shitty runs since Ennis.

STFU. The latest punisher run where he was on the west coast was fantastic. Artwork was awesome too.

Because they can't handle JUSTICE.

The Platoon fucking WHEN

Because he can't be so vanilla for civil war 2.

Because he doesn't care about political profiling or correctness. He punish everybody the same way.
For JUSTICE

You obviously haven't been around that long, because there was a time at the height of Punisher's popularity that you couldn't swing a dead cat around without hitting a Punisher title or crossover.

frank thread?

Why the fuck not?

Sum up The Punisher in a single page/image.

Certainly nowadays, Punisher is like the definition of "toxic masculinity". I mean, as retarded as that phrase/idea is, you really can't argue that Punisher embodies it.

Plus, *guns* and being vigilantism taken to the extreme -- neither of which are horrible things, but don't quite work in the current climate.

Saints Row and Grand Theft Auto beg to differ. They work, and they work well. Marvel is just too detached from reality to realise it.

video games aren't as cucked as marvel

youtube.com/watch?v=nB_tGab-t0g

Well, he is in the (excellent) Daredevil TV series

And soon the (hopefully excellent) Punisher TV series

I just read the issues of Miller's Daredevil run where Punisher shows up. The fact that Daredevil was willing to shoot him to stop him from franking a guy who was dealing drugs to kids made it seem like everyone except Frank was an asshat.
I think this is why Punisher doesn't get crossovers. He makes everyone else look like a chump for not killing people who obviously deserve to die.

Frank has a rocky relationship with most of the main players in marvel

youtube.com/watch?v=tP_-YIhgF3w

Is that a frame from the comic that showed a guy pissing on the Punisher's family's grave?

He's too violent for modern Marvel.

I was always under the impression that The Punisher got lots of crossovers because he's really aggressive in the way he forces the protagonist to deal with that moral dilemma. The Punisher's way is the easiest but it's debatable how effective it is. The protag has to tap into untold amounts of emotional and physical strength in order to show that their convictions are stronger than Pun's.

Because then he invariably gets taken out by one of the moralfags he's teamed up with.

Good man.

>The protag has to tap into untold amounts of emotional and physical strength in order to show that their convictions are stronger than Pun's.
You mean to say that the protagonist has to use their superpowers to beat him up because they have literally no arguments beyond "killing is bad, you're just as bad as they are".

>There are times I'd like to get my hands on God
Didn't Frank use to work for angels or some shit?

i was really worried that was gonna be 'fortunate son'

easily

This says it all, I think.

Huh, I don't know why but I always thought Punisher was DC

My favorite moment in Punisher Max

Anyone who says frank is not a true hero is a fucking liar

I take it you've never read any of Frank's adventures? Go read Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX.

Hivemind?

>his face in the last panel
Read the mood, lady.

>that moment when Frank got up and BTFO the Russian manlet after he hit the loli

Frank just wants to double check their homework, Franks a real stickler you show your work.

Mother Russian is one of the best punisher arcs for me

>loli
End yourself weeb scum.

>He's not that popular anymore due to Marvel ruining the character with countless shitty runs since Ennis.

I don't think Jason Aaron did a bad job in the final arc of Punisher MAX.

Aww, Frank got a date!

Agreed. His version of Bullseye was amazing.

>rope
>duct tape
>handcuffs
>a tiny dagger

Was he abducting a child or the president?

Chris Hansen showed me that child molesters only prepare by wearing slightly shorter gym shorts than normal.

I think it gets a lot of undeserved hate since its a pretty solid run overall but dillons art always kinda ruined it for me personally

This moment never fails to give me a good kek

Why is that dagger so fucking tiny?

I think dixon summarized frank as a character perfectly in this page

It's for slicing tiny genitals.

To be a hero in comics these days you have to literally suck off your enemies now matter how much of an unrepentant shit they are and any way other than the hippy dippy "redeem your enemies" crap is considered wrong.

That's Punisher MAX. A different universe from main Marvel.

...Guns

I think it was a mongolian manlet.

Marvel now pushes hard for whimsy girls having wacky adventures. Putting him into a massive crossover would feel like sitting on a remote and switching to Death Wish in a middle of Powerpuff Girls. Pretty fucking jarring.

I liked it mostly because we got to see more of Frank with his family and his life inbetween the war and becoming The Punisher. And we got to see more of Frank's parents.

The run is shit because it completely shat on Ennis' run
>Ennis shows Frank legitimately loves and misses his family
>Aaron makes it muh in love with the war and that he wanted to abandon them
>Ennis used only Frank and original character
>Haackron immediately puts in fucking Kingpin, Elektra and Bullseye
>In Aaron's run Frank dies

thank god it's not the same universe cause there are inconsistencies
>In Ennis' run Frank finds the guys who killed his family in present day
>In Aaron's he killed them when he started

>dillons art always kinda ruined it for me personally
Kill yourself, Dillon is THE Punisher artist.

Dillon is THE Punisher artist

Is this why every character he draws looks like Frank?

Yes. He specialized in drawing PERFECT Frank, but the trade-off is that that's the only character he can draw.

The major argument is the hope for redemption that death cuts short.
Of course, the Punisher goes after characters who are cartoonishly evil, so it's not like that would get through. One memorable instance I recall is an early New Warriors issue where Frank was going after a war criminal who was so traumatized by what he did that, after leaving the service, he joined the church in an attempt to repent for what he did. Punisher found out about him, and tried to do what he does. One of the heroes, who only knew him as a kindly priest, tried to stop him.

>cartoonishly evil
>slavers, drug pushers and rapists don't exist

Christianity is a religion created by the jews to pacify Europe. There's no such thing as redemption.

>There's no such thing as redemption.
You know redemption isn't exclusively a christian thing, right? Hell, it isn't even technically a purely religious thing.

No.
He DUG UP the grave and pissed on the SKELETONS

>to pacify Europe
Is that why it caused seas of blood to be spilled?

It may have been schlocky if he had done it, and I know "it" said they would never talk again. But I really REALLY wanted for the "voice" from BORN to come back just one last time right at the end of the arc.

You know what I mean.

Yeah, if you read comics in the 90s you'd be happy that Punisher and Wolverine don't just show up in every title every other month anymore.

Because he KILLS people with GUNS.

Why do Marvel and Punisher hate the jumpsuit?
i think it looks great

This was one of the better Punisher storyline right?

You can bring him into whimsy girl character comics, you just have to completely piss all over his character to do it. I'm looking at you Spider Gwen.

Apart from the art, there's more than a few reasons people don't like Aaron's run. Frank not actually loving his family and just using that as an excuse, Frank dying, not really planning and just mad dogging after King Pin, just to name a few

It gets a bit too Punisher-wanky at times (Frank just HAPPENS to know how to break through Tony Stark's security, sneak up on him, and steal one of his armors while locking him in a closet), but at the same time there's enough scenes where he's clearly out of his depth (like when Cap stops fucking around and sends THOR to bring him in) for it to be passable. It's generally better if you've already read the rest of Rucka's run though.

Solid Punisher? Yeah it was a good storyline.

Seas of European blood dying on their knees from by Roman sport.

I actually really liked Frank dying. It was the best death for him.

I stopped reading Spider-Gwen before Secret Wars, but I was actually interested in the idea of Detective Frank Castle. That and Matt "Kingpin" Murdock, were way more interesting than Gwen herself.

What about when Nick Fury was in Mother Russia?

Not really. Rucks doesn't get Frank.

jesus Frank

>It's a ''writer tries to make random undeserving asshole/bitch with superpowers look badass by beating-up a dude who spent a lifetime and endured a fuckton of pain to get to where he is''
I'm a Superfag, btw, but if Gwen just kicked his ass here fuck her and whoever wrote this shit.

Nick Fury is another one, forgot about that. But he's awesome. And more believable then any of those three.

Punisher: Born was something else

>Marine doing a sir sandwich

REEEEEEE

How did the whole Kingpin Matt thing play out.

What do yo think happened? To be fair it looks like he was wailing on her pretty hard before.

I know your pain. It's like whenever they refer to a female officer as "sir". Just fucking use "ma'am".

I thought it was a syringe.

>I don't think Jason Aaron did a bad job in the final arc of Punisher MAX.
except he did.

>yeah that's right I'm just a girl
Oh fuck you. Just couldn't resist the "I am woman hear me roar" shit could you? As if The Punisher, who has been dealing with criminals for years has never seen women and children committing unspeakable crimes before. Give me a fucking break.

The only non-OCs that Ennis used were Nick and Microchip.

After he left we had other writers bring in more, like Jigsaw and ROXXON, but it wasn't until Aaron's run that things went kind of overboard with the Fisks, Bullseye, Elektra and the Hand, Don Rigoletto, and that reference to the Enforcers.

Also let us not forget that time Frank popped up in squirrel girl. For those who can't read the text Frank stops to fight doom, gets told its cosplay then drives away smiling. Because North and Henderson aren't just content to ruin Squirrel Girl.

Do you not know what "cartoonishly evil" means?

During the prison arc I kept expecting Matt Murdock to get a cameo as Frank's attorney, like in that one video game.

Punisher is an inherently stupid character when he's not in his own universe.

All these legitimate serial killers in costumes and he for the most part only goes after organized crime.

And lets be real, most of his fans are edgy, fat metalfags.

Walking in, saying he's Frank's attorney, and than Frank telling him to fuck off, where he then does fuck off?

And I forgot my photo.

Yea, fuck everything about this.

which arc it is?

That's the one.

I find it insulting to Frank that the ''''''''''''''writer''''''''''''' thinks he would just brazenly challenge DOOM.

I don't blame North for writing characters in a comedy in comedic ways. I just blame Henderson for her shit art.

Someone post that page from The Slavers where he bashes that woman against armored windows and tells her he's stronger and can therefore do whatever he wants to her.

>All these legitimate serial killers in costumes and he for the most part only goes after organized crime
Haven't read a lot of Punisher, have you? Also, most of those ''legitimate serial killers in costumes'' are major parts of a big hero's rogues gallery and/or hopelessly out of his league. He does what he can.

That's some grade-A smug in the last panel

>What do yo think happened?
What i'd like to happen is for this kind of shit to stop happening. It doesn't do anything for Gwen, if anything it just makes her more of a bitch ''Oh look, this superhuman just rekt this normal dude while shouting about female empowerment'' real smooth.
>To be fair it looks like he was wailing on her pretty hard before.
Honestly he should have dismantled her with how much more street cred he has. There was no reason for him to be surprised, he's fought girls her age before. And Spider-man was a kid when they first met. It's stupid writing.

Who wins in a fight?

Dredd, he's got superior gear and more experience.

Everything he does is out of his league. There's nothing realistic about Frank. He does into warehouses and slaughters 20-30 guys.

Its hardly a stretch for him to go from that to say, killing Batroc or Crossbones.

Thats the problem with Punisher existing in 616. The inherent logic is fucked because of nature of comics.

Dredd, no contest. And i say this as a massive Frankfag.

Keep in mind this is an alt-universe Frank where he's a detective. Not actuall the Punisher.

>Batroc or Crossbones
Has this encounter ever happened? Mite be cool.

>He does into warehouses and slaughters 20-30 guys.
This is what people who don't actually read his comics say. Frank is the deconstruction of the guns blazing vigilante type because he puts a huge emphasis on prep and planing. He slaughters those thirty guys because he vetoed the place beforehand and planted a ton of traps and found himself a good position with cover, he doesn't just go in and start shooting.
>from that to say, killing Batroc or Crossbones
Both of whom are a match for him without the plot armor of being Cap's major rogues.

Crossbones? Yeah in the run where he was in California. I forget exactly what happened but it ended up with Frank being captured.

I haven't read Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Maybe I should.

He can literally do all that prep and planning around Batroc too.

Sure, but the Cap wouldn't have Batroc. Frank could kill Spider-man's entire rogues gallery with prep (one at a time), but then Petey would be fucked.

He fought Batroc in Eurohit.

And Crossbones in Edmondson's run.

Because guns don't work on supervillains.

>I had a sinking feeling-- I'd be seeing them again in twenty years.
Fuck.

How would you rate the performances of actors who have portrayed Frank?

Generally because it's outdated. Punisher used to wear it back when most special ops teams used a wetsuit/sneaking suit. Now he supposedly wears more practical conventional military gear.

Or his tactical trench coat

>Ray Stevenson
Literal 10/10, Frank come to life.
>Jon Bernthal
9/10 only if you compare him to Stevenson, will surpass him if the show doesn't blow, which it almost certainly wont.
>Thomas Jane
8/10, some people don't like him but i think he nailed what he was going for pretty well.
>Dolph Lundgren
5/10, what the fuck was that shit with him praying to God, also REALLY doesn't look the part.

The funny thing is that, besides the netflix show, the Lungdren movie is a better punisher movie than either of the new ones.

The first act of the Lundgren Punisher film is Frank/10, but once the actual movie starts it's just another generic, nap-inducing 80's action film.

I mean the Jane Punisher was even less like Frank, but that movie worked on its own merits as a neo-Western mixed with comic book pulp. And War Zone is just Franking the Frank, I love that neon nightmare of a film.

Taking the concept of the Punisher and pushing him to an absurd Cannon Films degree of blood and violence and tone was just fantastic, we should have gotten a trilogy of Lexi Alexander Punisher movies.

A) He's in been in a bazillion of mainstream crossovers
B) Because he usually get's watered down, so much it wasn't worth involving him in the first place.

>we should have gotten a trilogy of Lexi Alexander Punisher movies.
Fuck no, War Zone was horrible trash. It had the best looking punisher, but a godawful shit script and laughably stupid scenes. Nothing Dolph did was as out of character as Stevenson hanging upside down from a chandelier with two machine guns spinning around to nu metal playing in the background. When the movie was still being made, she claimed to be a big fan of the character, and then after it came out, she claims she doesn't read comics, doesn't care for the character, and was trying to do a "deconstruction".

The Kingpin Civil War II tie-in has Punisher in a major role. It's the only thing from Marvel recently that I've actually liked, despite the mediocre art

Trench coat Frank is the coolest Frank.

That's a duster, not a trench coat.

And it looks awesome on him.

Would Frank not be an ideal host for the Spirit of Vengeance?

I heard they had to beg her to keep the fucking skull symbol. At any rate. Stevenson is literally Frank and the reason why the movie is watchable in the first place.

I'm not exactly sure. He'd be an ideal symbiote host, though.

Him being the avatar of Death/War excludes him.

That is how he's remained unaffected by the Penance Stare and Strange's mirth magic, and nobody can convince me otherwise.

>That is how he's remained unaffected by the Penance Stare
It was because he never injured an innocent. The Penance stare forces you to relieve every ounce of pain and suffering you caused innocents.
>and Strange's mirth magic
I thought that wasn't the real Doc Strange.

>Frank becomes a god of war

>I heard they had to beg her to keep the fucking skull symbol.
I remember that bit too. She claimed it looked stupid.
>Stevenson is literally Frank and the reason why the movie is watchable in the first place.
Agreed, but for me personally, it's virtually unwatchable. He's certainly the only good thing about it.

Remember that time Frank was Dr. Strange?

Considering what they had to work with, Lundgren Punisher wasn't half bad. Due to those terrible Reb Brown Captain America movies, Marvel was very hesitant to let anyone do a Marvel movie again. They were pretty much only allowed to use the names.

I want a tv show episode/s or comic that's a pedo-killer-Frank version of To Catch A Predator.

>Frank appearing in a doorway saying "hey boo" in a neutral tone before shooting the pedo's kneecaps off
>talks with him a bit in typical Hansen fashion, asking what he was looking to do and reading through the chat-logs etc.
>paedo cries about entrapment before having his dick shot off

>He's certainly the only good thing about it.
Micro was pretty decent, too, and Jigsaw is kind of over-the-top like that in some incarnations, but yea, for the most part, Frank is the only good thing, Though if Punisher is the only good thing about a Punisher movie, it's not a COMPLETE failure.

You mean the most powerful character in fiction?
>all the broken powers and magical expertise of Strange
>all the combat pragmatism, skill, experience and instincts of Frank
>two minds in one body so easy multitasking and perfect synergy
Seriously, Soldier Supreme (or Sorcerer Extreme) deserves his own run. Not just a What If? comic and a short Battleworld appearance.

Sometimes I think the reason Punisher can't have superpowers is because he would start killing off supervillains. And Marvel can't have Frank killing off main villains. It would also be harder to explain why he hasn't gone after main villains when he has the chance to kill them.

Has anybody ever read pic related? i have always heard bad stuff about it but i never got around to reading it

Dirty Laundry demonstrated how good Thomas Jane could have been in a gritier film. On the one hand Im glad it exists because its great, but its also upsetting that Janes feature film performance was squandered on, an admittedly okay movie

Because he would be fucking dead in ten minutes.

I did.
It's pretty retarded.
Basically how Frank's entire life as Punisher was orchestrated by a OC Hell Lord who bound Frank to him so that the souls of everyone Frank kills would become his army to take over Hell. Also, Frank hunts demons with heaven-forged weapons that he can summon at will and shit.

By that logic 70% of the characters would.

Does anyone have that panel where Mystique turns into Frank's wife Maria?

He asks a lot of questions that they can't really answer.

If I remember correctly, there was a What If? story where Frank became host of the Venom symbiote.

I will never understand how a sub par movie has one of the best fight scenes out of any cape movie m.youtube.com/watch?v=Crcn76XF6dM

So would literally everyone else if they existed in real life.
And he was able to tame it.

Yea, that's what i meant.

Its a pretty fun story and its cool to see frank tame the symbiote and see venom frank using guns well before flash

Maybe it's just me but I feel like Frank is acting out of character in that page. I feel like he's acting too boastful.

Who wrote this? It's fucking awful.

I agree, it's pretty bad.

Because they'll tone him down if they crossover him with soneone like thor.
They save him fir characters that he can properly be paired with, like daredevil or wolverine where he can be allowed to frank at his fullest

Welcome to Frankbolts

The part about this that always sticks out to me is that Frank is 100% sure he would still be Franking in 20 years. He doesn't even consider death an option.

I really want to see Frank get paired up with some happy go lucky superhero to serve as a foil. I think it would be a funny contrast to Frank.

This is a pretty great team up i don't hear that manny people talk about

His gimmick makes it difficult to pair him up with certain superheroes without out-of-character contrivances and plot armor. It's just easier to give Frank a sandbox of his own, with the usual guest appearances.

I-Is that Byrne?

Because it's harder to maintain suspension of disbelief on life action medias, and Frank can only exist when protected by BS plot armor.
He lives in a world where Moleman, a joke character, can easily kill him. Most things around Frank can kill him, he isn't even a super-assassin, he's just a military vet.

I quite like both Punisher movies.

That sounds stupid

Dredd, Lawful good always beats chaotic good

Its really good in context

He's obviously mocking her own stances, not making an statement.

>Dredd
>Lawful Good

He's Lawful Neutral on a good day and still working for a thoroughly Lawful Evil organization regardless.

You could apply that logic to literally any non-powered hero.
>he isn't even a super-assassin, he's just a military vet
He's to soldiers what Daredevil and Batman are to ninjas. You're retarded if you think he's the sole exception. If you're gonna give him shit, you might as well shit on everyone from Batman to Daredevil.

Source?

How is tumblr going to react when he gets a show to himself?

Now, I haven't read a lot of Dress comics, but I think it's worth saying that he still goes out to save the lives of non-law-breakers. I think he's just really jaded after some of the shit he's seen.

He's hot so it's okay.

Punisher: Armory.

America Jana pls go

>character that just shoots everything to solve problems
He's even more american than captain america

Frank is my favorite Marvel character.

Same

Mine is a three way tie between Frank, Cap, and Daredevil.

It's very hard to team the punisher up with other major heroes

Though I guess Ghost Rider could work. Has the Punisher ever been a spirit of vengeance

I want to see Punisher teamed up with Rocket Raccoon.

>favorite characters Frank and Daredevil
Does not compute. Seriously, what the fuck? Whose side do you take whenever they fight?

It's a needle for doping a loli.

Didn't that happen in Original Sin?

>1. The Marvel writers HATE the character. It's 100% political of course.
Got a source on that?

That's not giving shit. And he can interact Daredevil just fine, but bring Hulk and Scarlet Witch into it and it becomes silly. I know, I know, Hawkeye, but Hawkeye doesn't isn't a threat to the other heroes, he's an asset. Punisher is hated by most capes.

nah, Dredd is between lawful good and neutral, while the organization goes all over the place depending on the storyline

>Punisher is hated by most capes
Hate is a very strong word. Especially since they know he ultimately means good. Spider-man even mentioned how he takes it easy on him despite his beliefs since Frank does do good. I mean, really, if freaking Spider-man truly wanted to take Frank down, how long would it take him? A day maybe? Mostly to track him and literally seconds to take him down.
>but bring Hulk and Scarlet Witch into it and it becomes silly
Good thing he mostly DOESN'T interact with those powerlevels then, eh? He's confined to the street, where he works perfectly. Seriously, Frank is to soldiers what those magic kung-fu masters are to actual kung-fu practitioners.

fcc.

He has a tendency to kill people.

Spidey and Frank interactions are always great.

One of my favorite Punisher runs right there.

One day I would love to see a well-written Punisher/Batman crossover with an interesting story-line. So far we've only ever gotten drek.

Yes, I would fucking love that crossover. Hell, make it a five issue event.

The problem is, Batman is DC's biggest property, while Frank isn't exactly an A-lister. You really can't expect a well-written crossover that wont completely fellate Batman to the point that he both kicks Frank's ass and is shown being in the right. It's sad but true.

Then maybe a fan made comic by a person or group of people who know and love both Punisher and Batman could do them justice.

don't you mean all three?

Its hard to do a crossover with a character whose defining characteristic is that he murders everyone

He doesn't murder everyone though. Just criminals.

>that final panel

so good

fucking based Frank

Because he's street level and crossovers typically involve large numbers of people who are immune to bullets. Is this a real question? Am I being baited?

Ennis never gave a timeframe for The Cell I don't think.

I really liked Aaron's take on Frank, and I'm glad they carried over the "too tired to be a father or husband" aspect into Daredevil. Realistically someone capable of killing thousands of people just because you hate them is going to be too fucked in the head for a healthy or happy family life, but that doesn't mean he didn't love them as much as he was capable of.

They also ended Frank's story as well as you could, having him literally die on his feet after taking out his most difficult enemy intending to just keep going on forever. You can't exactly give the character a happy ending and a darker ending where he gets the death penalty or kills an innocent or something like that has already been explored and retconned back and fourth in 616.

you'd be surprised

youtube.com/watch?v=-MSjYD-MCM4

guy's lucky he only got Hansen'd and not Frank'd

the context is that this chick was the brains behind a human smuggling operation's plan to use rape as a way to break the women emotionally. Punisher finds her and uses her own weapon against her.

you asshole, maybe he just enjoys the way their personalities mix

Dredd would give Frank the death penalty on sight for being a mass murderer vigilante, capital offenses in MC1, but Frank might not want to use lethal means on Dredd since he only kills the same type of people he does.

Now someone post the MGK edit.

Because it's fucking retarded to have a powerless Death Wish style vigilante get pulled into fights against cosmic threats. It's bad for Punisher fans, it's bad for super hero fans, it's just bad altogether. Punisher is best against realistic criminal threats, and maybe occasionally less powerful street level heroes like Daredevil.

What are the best Frank runs?

I'd like to see a ranking. All people usually say to answer this is Ennis' run.

The time he ate Taco Bell before taking on the Yakuza.

Don't you mean you'd like to see a Franking?

Because he'll try to bump off somebody's main antagonist and nobody needs that kind of headache.

Ask and you shall receive.

eh, you've read one punisher run you've read them all.

FRANKED

If Frank had powers, would he try to kill Magneto?

>good thing he doesn't interact with those types

Which I've only brought up because OP suggest he should.

ennis pushed the "DIS NIGGA CUHRAZY" angle WAY too hard

he really never was supposed to be a sociopath, just a guy who stepped over the line because of one bad day

>the prequel is never going to fucking come out

Frank is the "Deer hunter" to Marvel's Bambi and to superheroes and their fans in general second he shows up things get real.

I mean sure you're ok with Captain America punching a bunch of nazi's in the face and Iron-man blowing up super scientists in bee keeper uniforms but the second Frank shows up you start questioning things.... Frank killed a drug dealer, yeah he targeted kids and made a father overdose but he's still a person right?

The correct answer is no but it gives you pause and that is what makes the Punisher a great character he is the absolute end of the superhero thought train.

the crap about him by "psychotic" is retarded

they need to drop that shit and just go back to making him an antihero

no

>Frank is the "Deer hunter" to Marvel's Bambi

That's because hes smart.

Dirty Laundry was awesome, and really the reason I've become interested in reading The Punisher.

Could someone post the reading list?

Justice

That's a Frankcoat, learn your terminology

Ennis and Dixon are the elite, as well as the most prolific. Ennis did around 125 issues, and Dixon did around 82, IIRC.

Steven Grant is also top tier, but he only did a few issues.

Basically this list and the original mini are the high points of the character.

I also enjoyed Mike Baron's run, but it was far from a "must read". Carl Potts' run wasn't bad either, to a lesser extent. Abnett and Lanning's year long (give or take) run was OK.

Lesbians will hate it, everyone else will love it

See:

>86588087
Leave it to Frank to be based as fuck

Tell me more about it, haven't read it, but Superior Spiderman is the best thing that happened to the character in ages.
Frank and Matt in there can only make it better, right?

>Kevin Nash's best fake fight is in a fucking Punisher movie

Hell of a thing

Is Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe actually good? I like Ennis, but that mediocre Deadpool comic soured me on the concept of ____ ____s the Marvel Universe.

No it's not. He kills Doom by getting a magnetic bomb onto his face to incapacitate him and slams a sledgehammer onto his metal mask for hours.

He kills the X-men and Brotherhood of Mutants by getting all their forces on the moon through trickery and gaining access to nukes to nuke them both.

It's not BAD, but I wouldn't call it "recommended reading". It was kind of shallow was the only real problem.

Dredd is basically Batman + the Punisher with the dials turned to 11. It's not a fair fight.

why the fuck would Frank care about any of the Super-powered bullshit that goes on?

And he somehow killed Juggernaut with a nuke. It was really fucking stupid.

What about Hawkeye and Deadpool?

I feel like talking about punisher on Cred Forums lately is a bad idea because of all the Cred Forums fag's why doesn't X just kill X threads lately

This started popping up in other threads.

>Archie Meets The Punisher
Why?

Legit one of the best crossovers ever.

It's a syringe,

That's the point.

What would Frank think of Paul Kersey?

Sure, he's killed a lot of innocent people over the years and he doesn't do redemption.

My biggest problem with that movie was giving Frank a love interest.

Has Frank ever interacted with Nick Fury? Only time I can think of is the Punisher arcade game but I'm not that familiar with Frank, just recently got into his stuff.

He's a supporting character in the Punisher MAX series where they fought in Nam together. If you want to get into Frank read everything under the MAX label. Actually maybe read the Fury MAX story "My War Gone By" first since it's so fucking good and'll really get you into that world.

Yes.

>Ennis never gave a timeframe for The Cell
Frank was old as fuck in it, and if i recall Frank even mentioned his family being killed thirty years ago.
>Realistically someone capable of killing thousands of people just because you hate them is going to be too fucked in the head for a healthy or happy family life, but that doesn't mean he didn't love them as much as he was capable of.
Here's a VERY interesting fact most people don't know: Frank DIDN'T become Punisher because his family was killed. He became Punisher because the mobsters who did it had connections and the police basically told him to fuck off when he wanted to press charges. That's a world of difference right there, it wasn't ''MUH FAMILY DEAD I KILL EVERYONE'' it was ''My family is killed AND the law doesn't give a shit? Ok.''
So yea, Frank didn't go crazy in 'nam, he was happy and loved his family and was ready to grow old with them. Fuck, he even has a dream in Max about how it might have been had then not been killed and it's blatantly shown how much he misses them and wishes the dream were true. Fuck Aaron.

Person that does not know a thing about the military. Could you explain why that's "REEEEEEE" worthy please?

Doesn't he also kill Banner by putting explosives in his stomach?

Have you read Archie vs The Predator?

Most Marines just say "Rah, sir."

That was in Confederacy of Dunces. Frank was secretly feeding an amnesiac Banner stew laced with explosives that he later set off in order to get the Hulk to turn back into Banner after the Hulk had done what Frank had wanted him to.

In Punisher Kills in MU he just stalks the Hulk, waits for him to turn back into Banner, and shoots him in the head.

>Doom's armor is shut down by Franktech
>Doom doesn't just teleport out with magic and beat Frank to death with his bare hands
>a nuke kills Magneto, Juggernaut, Apocalypse and Sinister
The whole run is insanely retarded. Fuck, they implied he killed Ghost Rider. And i say this as a massive Frankfag who used to enjoy the fuck out of it.

If them escaping from justice was his main motivator he'd only kill the criminals who killed his family not every single one he can find even if they could be legitimately prosecuted by the law, dude has a severe personality disorder.

He still loved his family, he'd just become too acclimatized to warfare and didn't think he could recover like a normal soldier might. Ennis touched on that when he wrote The Tyger and you see Frank was ready to kill even as a child.

That's what makes him such an interesting character and not just another gun toting anti-hero, he's a spree killer who's victim profile we're lucky is only violent criminals, he's got a more dangerous psychology than most of his targets.

5 stars, Cred Forumsmrade. 5 stars.