Hal Jordan and the GLC #5 Storytime

It's a "John yells on cover" episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5qT_q7HwQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've seen Red Hood mentioned somewhere for this arc. Is it true?

>Guy all helpless
>no Ice around

I hate "angry Blackman" stereotype.

Red Hood's showing up in I Am Bane, I believe.

At least he didn't yell something mariney.

You know, Sinestro here looks like burn victim.
I see, thanks. I thought those are same stories, for some reason.
Probably because Santra Prisca and Bane are in both.

>like father, like daughter
Woopa!

>Lava Lad and Two-Six alive and kicking
I'm one happy user. Unless they die in next two pages.

Im really hoping he doesn't break.

I'm pretty hyped desu.

I love everything about this page.
The stuff avout recording him in there scriptures is a nice touch.

If anything, he'll grow cannons like in good old days and blast everyone in his way.
Ditto. Really wonder what King has in store.

That fucking face

>Hal, you're so... big
Guy is on the roll these last issues.

>hurtling
Wait how fast can mogo move

Faster than light?

Welp guess they will be able to find out where they are pull over one of those vehicles
Unless im misunderstanding the image and thats a junkyard or something.

You'll see in few pages.

I like the optics she suddenly summoned.
Helps get across that this is really unusual

snake

I bet drawing all these lantern corp group shouts is a lot of work but fun when you can create whatever crazy alien you want

I like more her "I've seen everything you have and I don't mean your spleen".

for fucks sake

And it's EVS. You know what he likes.

>warworld?

I dunno you had it last

I like this development.
I assume that guy is going to be the first new lantern since they got back.

Hopefully next issue will be explosive and filled with action.

Wouldn't be surprised.
If he lives, of course.

If this arc doesn't deliver on Sinestro actually getting his ass handed to him in a 1v1 with Hal, I'll be severely disappointed. Those two haven't had a real knock down, drag-out fight in a long ass time.

That cover worries me a little i really hope it does not delve to heavily into rainbow corps stuff.

But im also excited to see Cred Forums misunderstand the image and get triggered about gays

I AM FEAR
I AM WILL
*clash wager*

so can Sora be green again now

Moment Hal beats Sinestro and creates ring for her, sure.

>I AM FEAR
>I AM WILL
>*clash wager*

youtube.com/watch?v=c5qT_q7HwQw

I really hope so.
BTW thanks for the storytime OP.

>Sinestro getting some
>Transition to Hal's vinegar strokes

As someone that hasn't read any Green Lantern at all aside from this run, why is Sinestro and the Yellow dudes considered, well evil? Because they're harvesting fear as an energy source?

Dude just seems like he wants to have a strict galactic rule, not too tyrannic.

I kinda hope she stays Yellow, it gives her a unique role. There's too many GLs and she'd just be another face in a sea of greens.

Of course I also wish Guy had stayed Red and Kyle had been Blue.

Nice try Sinestroshill.

He's becoming what he was in The Dark Knight Strikes Again

Honestly I have no idea dude

Waterbearer was a dope arc, glad this is happening on GL.

Yellows aren't really viable in the long run. They're too inherently...well evil

It's about a Volthoom/grey corps style new, emotionless ring. New Guardians was all about skittles, and I thought that was pretty fun.

What's wrong?

you mean besides the glaringly obvious copy and past job?

They couldn't even turn her head in one of the panels.

>Dude just seems like he wants to have a strict galactic rule, not too tyrannic.
But that's how it always begins with Sinestro, then comes the totalitarian dictatorship and everything else.

I hope some intergalactic alliance or the Manhunters or fucking Darkstars show up. GLs just flat out whooping Sinestro Corps with 1:10 odds makes the old Sinestro Corps War arc look silly.

Back in the day, Sinestro cheated so he could get THE MOST EVIL GUY IN THE UNIVERSE award. He was puppy-kicking tier evil. Then came Johns and toned down fuck out of it because he touches himself at night looking at sinestro-nude-23.jpeg
Sinestro Corpsmen go around and regularly kill and rape.

He's taxing each sector a pure hearted soul to get tortured for all of eternity to power his satanic fear engine. That's as mustache twirling, Bolton-on-a-bad-day evil as you get.

It's for comedic effect, like most other copy and paste panels people like to post out of context to get mad for some reason.

It's either a lazy joke or a lazy artist. either option is not good

So, how strong Hal can be? I mean, he've beat Parahal (Where is he btw?). Can he solo Warlrod and Sinestro who is also charged by Parallax?

It's a decent joke by a decent artist, take a chill pill, pal!

Im not your pal, guy

I'm not gay, fag

dat second panel.

>That beautiful insignia pupil

He got naked fast.

I'm okay with this, DKSA was pretty sweet

Now he just needs an alien waifu

Why would John hold that ridiculous pose completely rigid and not change his expression at all throughout that conversation? It just makes the scene bizarre and stiff.

>Early L.E.G.I.O.N. shows up
>The Sinestro corps/lack of GL corps caused the Citadel breakout in this time line

Another good issue! The Lanterns's Rebirth titles have been all great so far! Thanks for the storytime!

Yes Hal, you're becoming Ion.

>Last Green Lantern

How does Hal not know Simon and Jessica are on Earth? He was just there a short time ago.

Bendis?

>saying the name of the book

This is happening before that I guess

>this faggot in every DC thread

This art is REALLY nice.

I want Natu to be red again.

If you don't like it it's your own problem.

Nice cover. The lanterns in his eyes are a nice touch.

>Kevin Nowlan

This is really fucking nice.

My fave book DC is putting out. Great at build up.

I was wondering how long it'd take to get back to Guy's torture scene. Right off the bat.

>his clothes just disappear in one panel

That is so fucked.

>Hal's face

Construct clothes, because he's more similar to Guy than he would ever admit.

>anyone in DC admitting they're same as Guy

You new alien girl is cute Hal

Who's the blonde tubbo on the far left?

I hope they fug

Valiant's Faith.

Does Hal not know there are other GLs?

>Hal Jordan in a nutshell.jpg

They disappeared after he left.

>that fat fuck with a moustache and a mullet on the far left

what in the fuck?

>Green Lantern Corps in a nutshell.jpg

this page is just lazy

>Rot Lop Fan
neat

He doesn't know that they're back yet, no

I imagine he'll see Guy first

>black dude with green eyes

why did I laugh at this

He does that with his ring

>All these Lanterns who are back from the dead

Charlie will be back any day now, just you wait.

I'd give anything to see Charlie and Katma again

Katma is dead for good. She gives John "muh pain" and would make Natu irrelevant. If they bring back a faggot like Galius Zed, they need to bring back other classics.

they're uniforms are essentially made of energy. just how much do you think they wear under those.

I might have found him. From Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #3, the same issue that introduced Rot Lop Fan, he was never given a name.

Well, they did discuss that in the last issue and Sinestro implied that he usually wears something under it...

Deepest lore

Jesus her costume and hair change every damn issue

Wow, Faith has a nice moustache.

If we can have six fucking earth GLs we should have Katma. Sora's got the whole Sinestro's daughter thing to make her different.

Yea, but if you do that then she's just relegated to John's Wife. She can't be the outcast of Korugar when Natu has that going for her being the daughter or Sinestro and also sorta helped build relations back with them. She's dead Jim.

I feel like I can make a dio/sex joke here

It's on the tip of my mind I just can't find it

The tits are the only consistent feature

EVS is madman.

To be fair, I think he was around in Sinestro Corps War as well. I'm surprised to see Amanita in the background there. He wasn't around for very long before Hal went Parallax and nuked the corps and I can't remember if he showed up again post-Rebirth.

I think that's Morro way in the back, right?

Compromise: kill John, bring back Katma

Boop

Thanks, OP.

bumping for others.

Bump

Y'know, it would never happen, but I would love Guy to break free using a Sinestro Corp ring.

>Surprised Space Adolf? Come on, remember. I once jacked YOUR ring, Sinestro.

lol

I think this is my favorite capebook at the moment.
It's also the first GL book I've ever read, but I've always liked them in concept. This is definitely living up to expectations.
Bump for the cause.

guys

guys

Natu ON Katma

He is a green lantern, so one has to assume he's capable of interstellar travel with the ring same as any other lantern.

Already confirmed by covers that Soranik will still be Yellow after this arc.

This is good really, it makes her the defacto face of the Sinestro Corps since something is obviously going to happen to Sinestro.

>Iolande gets to do something cool.
>It's on the shittiest two pages in all of rebirth.

Yay

Seriously, is this the first mention of the Spider Guild since Omega Men.

Omega Men was only last year

This is the most hal jordan page I've ever seen and I love it

Damn this page got me hyped
I'm enjoying this book desu senpai

>Identifying Will: Accurate Results With Simple Tools

Fuck this.

I hope they deliver and going all out action. 1 entire issue of Hal vs Sinestro.

Yellow Guy is best Guy. I'd love to see him snag Sinestro's ring again.

what a cutie

bump

this is probably the best rebirth book atm. (unless Action comics counts)

planets already move millions of miles an hour naturally, surely the green lantern ring only makes him faster

now I want to see a planet with speed force powers

Hal really is.

Fucking EVS, he should have been drawing GL in the Johns era (BN), it's a little bit too late now.

Goddammit

Did they ever mention what the deal was with Parallax Hal showing up and then chilling out on a planet full of his own constructs?

No.

Why does she have two Sinestro Corps insignias on her chest?

Two boobs.

>yfw Guy Gardner is the most badass Green Lantern

90s METAL AS FUCK

Do want

Not necessarily. Batman frequently gets brought up as a Yellow Lantern aligned hero, though that's not a ringing endorsement.

One way to play it is that they're powered by the fear of people they're sent to protect. The greater the danger, the greater the fear, the greater the power they have to combat that danger. It also has the interesting counterpoint of making them weaker the better they do their job. You could have that point be their kind of end goal: when there's no more fear in the universe, the Yellow Lanterns won't just be unneeded: they won't even be able to exist. Not that such a thing would ever happen, but it makes for a nice sort of ideal for a not fuck evil version of them.

Earth-3 Yellow Lanterns book when?

Nope

Venditti really bungled Parallax, maybe if he shows up again post Rebirth he'll have his shit together

Neat

Is that a monkey?

>ringing endorsement.

Don't be a racist, that's clearly a gorilla

That's next issue's regular cover.

Heh

Who did these? They're beautiful.

Motherfucking Starro

Check out the cover for Green Lanterns #12.

Rafa Sandoval, the book's other regular artist

Thanks. Loving how covers are clashing.

Oh. I completely missed it's Hal.

Should I feel bad that Venditti is surprising me with this arc?

Not super easy to spot but it's definitely him.

It seems like they will deliver

>HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #6
>(W) Venditti (A/CA) Rafael Sandoval, Jordi Tarragona (CA) Kevin Nowlan
>“SINESTRO’S LAW” part six! It’s an all-out assault on Warworld, but Hal Jordan is alone and outgunned facing off against the full force of the Sinestro Corps.
>In Shops: Oct 12, 2016

>HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #7
>(W) Venditti (A/CA) Rafael Sandoval, Jordi Tarragona (CA) Kevin Nowlan
>“SINESTRO’S LAW” part seven! Sinestro’s Law concludes as Hal Jordan and Sinestro come to blows for control over the universe. With his back against the wall, will Hal’s friends show up in time to tip the scales in his favor?
>In Shops: Oct 26, 2016

Nah

I feel a little bad about it since I really disliked his GL run and I was super bummed he was still on the book, but if he actually got his shit together then that's good

Oh man this sounds /classicasfuck/

Sinestro typically makes sure the rings only go to those he knows wouldn't end up breaking the things and/or completely shit shattering any safeguards he has in place over them to make sure they can't betray him.

In emergencies though the rings have been allowed loose.

Same thing applies to Atrocious and his making sure the reds are mostly feral beasts and not those that can plot against him and the Guardians making sure shit with retarded willpower like Lobo, Vril, Superman, etc never get rings

>It’s an all-out assault on Warworld, but Hal Jordan is alone and outgunned facing off against the full force of the Sinestro Corps.

I wonder what kind of silly over the top constructs is Hal going to make to face the entire Sinestro Corps. It's going to be fun to see.

I'm glad Sandoval is drawing those issues, I love his constructs