ITT: Shows that would improve with some/all of the characters being genderswapped

ITT: Shows that would improve with some/all of the characters being genderswapped

>Male Twink Asami

What would this even lookike?

Kids next door.

Ed Edd & Eddy

How would this actually change the quality of the show?

Same, but with no titties.

OP wants Toph to be a sissy cock hungry shota

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

I need a visual

Draw fags get in here now

>I need a visual
Just Google it.

0/10 Toph should be her Ember Island play self.

>wonder why toph is looking at the camera
>oh wait, everyone else is looking in a single other direction

Mako

>/ss/ Tokka
UNF

Honestly a lot of the reason her character worked is because she was the very opposite of a giant rippling muscleman. Being a little girl adds to the whole "deceptively frail-looking flower" thing.

Absolutely disgusting.

Wait, would that mean that Toph's Ember Island layer would be a muscle girl?

Just imagine all the gaybait fanart of Azulon, Man-Mai and Guy-Lee

It just wouldn't work. If BoyToph acted like GirlToph, they would just cast him as the annoying brat he is. But that's trying to apply too much logic for what is essentially a masturbatory mental exercise.

I didn't want a diagnoses user, I wanted fapbait.
It's after midnight, I have nothing to else to do. Just let me have this.

Fem-Zuko is best waifu.

BEST

WAIFU

I apologize. I've already ejaculated tonight so my mind is totally clear. I see everything now.

Goddammit.

Zuko actually could have easily been a girl. The only thing it would change in the story is everything related to Mai, but maybe not even then. Also, it would be hot.

>Zuka ends up on a date with Jing
>his pants are so tight that Zuka can see his giant, thick cock trailing down his leg the whole time

Why not make them ALL girls? Too animu?

>Femaang not bald
Dropped like it's hot

OP, you blew the load too early. Should have made the thread Thursday at the earliest as to avoid the storytime wave.

Sokkara best girl

>tits = dick

Never understood this comparison. Tits are a secondary sexual characteristic, not a primary one like dicks.

I think genderswap is best when you limit who is swapped. In this case, just the Gaang.

Huge tits and a huge enough dick are immediately noticeable in semi tight clothes. I huge vagina generally won't be.

Is Zuko not part of the Gaang? Yeah he's a late addition to the roster, but he appears with them in everything after.

Jing being a bit buff is probably the best equivalent. I think anyone who says it's big dicks has probably read too much hentai.

The classic "limited gender swap" for ATLA is just changing the Fire and Water siblings.
FemSokka best waifu
Zukaang best ship

But both of those are true anyway!

This changes nothing.

R63Jin is a bit buff and has a monster dick. I'm sorry, it's canon.
He's also a gigalo.

Yeah, I was about to say Girl Sokka would be pure sex, but that's already the case either way.

Yeah but, Girl Sokka in Wolf Armor

Azulon is extremely sexual too.

How much?

I'd only like Zuka if she didn't wear makeup like Azula and Ursa. Azula looked so much better without it.

I like toph better as a boy. since she was a tomboy it is not a far jump but also that switch takes a key character element out and just sorta whitewashes it. Other than toph making more sense that premise is bad. None of the other characters make sense or look good when gender swapped.

I can't see many openings for make up.

You have Fire Nation naval ship, vagabond, poor tea shop waitress, then traitor on the run.

There's just one short part in the middle where she'd be back with the Fire Nation (if we follow the story directly) where it would be possible.

Hell, even then it's not terribly likely. Zuko rarely gave much thought to his appearance past obsessing over his scar.

POLLINATED

I bet in this universe he doesn't actually mind that she doesn't grow up.

Touching on that why doesn't Yugo talk to a Xelor or something and having time sped up for him until he ages properly?

they would still be cute

Sokka and Katara should not be genderswapped.
Aang could be.
Zuko and Azula could be.
Toph should not be either.

Think about this for a second. The whole thing is so much funnier when you have a magical girl being taken care of by three alien gay dads and whose mother is a disheveled old rock star mourning after her dead alien warlord husband. Every single character in this show works better gender-swaped.

Not Connie though, Connie stays female. Just because Lesbian OTP is hot, that's a proven scientific fact desu.

It's a magical *girl* show for a reason. Japs realized very early that people care for women so giving them magical powers and putting them in peril is a great idea.

>I'd like to watch a genderswapped magical girl show, but genderswapped.
>But it would need to have implied lesbians.

Are you going to tell me you don't like Lesbians user? Don't lie to me. I know who you are, I know where you live.

I think he's just pointing out the redundancy in bothering to genderswap an already genderswapped show.

One that would have lesbians either way so what's the point of touting that as a feature.

Would that make him (or her) competent in fights?

As amazing as Fem-Zuko would be both Fem-Sokka and Fem-Aang would have the potential to be more annoying than entertaining while the loss of Fem-Toph would be too great a tragedy.

Would watch, but wouldn't want it to replace the original.

I honestly think genderswaping this sort of show has harmed it.

FemSokka is WAY cuter.

probably considering that katara and aang are two godawful characters

Aang's alright. A bit too preachy at times but alright. Katara is absolutely shit though. Can't even disagree.

What if Fem Zuko and regular Aang /as/

Making Aang a magical girl wouldn't change much.

And Katara would be completely forgettable as a guy.

>not liking Aang and/or Katara
Shit tastes

why is it that animes always pick their nose with the little finger?

I liked them but they were nowhere as close to being in the same tier as Zuko, Sokka, Iroh and Toph.

Also, the filler episodes focused on them tended to be the worst.

I want a show about a hot womanchild who gets rejected a lot

I want to see the gender swapped version of the bedroom scene.

What would femBeast and female Gaston be like?

>make the two genderswapped dudes who are now chicks bustier than the three previous girls combined
That is cheating.

It's just one of those things that doesn't work unless it has major rewrites or takes place in a AU with completely different established society rules.

To be fair, they were the oldest in the cast.

The problem with genderbending Toph is that to make him likable, you'd have to rewrite the original personality. Lets face it, we thought Toph's personality was cute because she was a girl. If she was a boy, people would've thought she was annoying.

If Gaston got genderswapped into a woman, you'd have to figure out if this version of the character should be all manly just like male Gaston, or super feminine to fit her new gender. Either way, it would feel really awkward, and the character probably wouldn't be recognisable anymore.

Perhaps Boytoph could be a complete show off. He never hides just how powerful he is, even from his family. Perhaps he has to learn some humility as his story arc.

Did Koreans do this?

Huh, not much of a difference. I can see why tumblr likes that show so much.

Her breasts would be roughly the size of a BAAAARRRRGE

>Jing is actually a male prostitute
>Irah payed him (after testing) to make Zuka feel better
C'mon guys.. of course it's canon.

>azulon
>not azuman

I think we talked about that.
Zuka walks in on him and he gets out of bed, wearing nothing but a banana hammock.
A really, tight one, that gives her a good and irreversible impression of the heft of his "dragon".

He also proceeds to stand uncomfortably close to her.

She was named after her grandpa, she would have the same name as his if she were a dude.

That's a very good pic though.

What the fuck were they thinking with that scene and why didn't they make more hair down no-makeup Azula?

We also had the concept of Ty Lee and Mai both being strung along by him as possible marriage candidates, before they finally get fed up with his abuse and strange obsession with his older sister and ditch him.

>fem zuko
>not fem sokka

Fem Zuko is a top tier waifu.

Fem Sokka is a top tier slut.

So marry Zuko and get some on the side from Sokka.

>fem Sokka
Please yes every day

Yes sir

Literally no show ever.

I-I.....could get behind this.

That's a bit TOO forward.
I prefer the creepy route where Azulon tries to maniulate Zuka into becoming the doting Mommy he never had.
Playing up to her protective instincts about how Zuka's keeping him from going off the deep end and how she reminds him so much of Ursa.
He persuades her into reading "Dance of Dragons" to him in bed like Ursa used to.
Maybe uses her chest as a pillow depending on how far we're pushing this

>Implying asami would be a twink
You're supposed to swap the proportional femininity with masculinity.

>giving Aang such bodacious baby bearing hips
Stop this.

>Iroh buys makeup for her date in Ba Sing Se
>The Beach becomes the "makeover/teen movie" episode for Zuka

She's gotta repopulate her race somehow!

Yandere and prostitute?

Ohhhh user
Womanchild gets fucked
not rejected

>filename
lel

You know, I don´t think it´d be that different. Just switch the times Jack's cock was distracted by some bitch with her cunt being distracted by some dick and you get the same story.

Anyone know where I can find more of this artist because he isn't listed in paheal as grim?

hemlockgrimsby.tumblr.com

>twink
He would probably look more like slightly buffer Tahno.

>banana hammock
As much as I like this pic
>lingerier

No please, just no. This is fantasy asialand, the characters should use clothes that makes sense to the setting and time, they wouldn't be out of place on Korra's time, but modern western underwear on ATLA is not a good idea.

Look at pic related for example. Katara and Sokka use LITERALLY their underwear as swinsuits, and they can be suficiently skimpy - even more on Sokka's case.

The scene with Azula would probablt work just fine if her male version was with an open kimono.

I like the idea of Azulon projecting his mommy issues on Zuka as much as everyone.

But you guys exagerate it.

Azula was first a cold sociopath, with a need to control others and an obssession to be perfect, Her mommy issues started to surface when she began to lost every conection and relationship with other people, making her feel unwanted and worthless.

But you guys are sugesting for her male version to be basically a fucking nutjob, caligula-like, right from the start. It all look like characterization is being exchanged just to raise incest potential. This is bad writting

And as you can see, these clothes looks great on fem Sokka.

This is another reason for why she is best girl

Thank you kindly.

I DO love the comparative Boob Chart that we made a while ago on one of the Rule 63 threads.

Poor plebs, its obvious that the best girl would be Aangie.

>not liking fun-loviing and free spirited girl with nation-saving hips.

Spoken like a true connoisseur.

I disagree.

I fucking love our rule 63 threads. Anyone have those screemcaps with the characterizations that we discussed for each character?

But the normal bedroom scene amplifies Azula's weirdly seductive form of manipulation over Zuko, the R63 version would be the same.
Outside of the bedroom scene, things are toned down, same as the normal cartoon.

This is great. Who's the animator?

>But the normal bedroom scene amplifies Azula's weirdly seductive form of manipulation over Zuko, the R63 version would be the same.

Yes, but you can do this with the same clothes to be honest. Just have the kimono open with an exposed bare chest.

Also, I think that the gif is from Ichiboo. Check the booru, she is from the drawthreads.

How would that improve any show?

In that case, I agree.
I was talking about Azulon's incest vibes, not his banana-hammock

So Sokka becomes Korra?

Not OP, but I find it interesting because this can change dynamics, in some cases it lead to interesting interactions.

They don't share much personalitty traits to be honest.

One for Miles.

was making fun of the design, but yeah i agree

wow, this is pretty good.

I would just switch Katara and Toph dick size, and the person that made this one kind of forgot Zhao, Tahno and maybe Roku.

>Anyone have those screemcaps with the characterizations that we discussed for each character?

I got you covered here mate, these threads are fun, when Zoop isnt pushing a lot of bad ideas

I actually would have liked to have seen if Korra in Aang's situation. I think she would have fared better than Aang.

Also that sick burn tho.

Here are some ideas.

>Zaheer vs Aang
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

This is so good that it hurts.

>"I'm so smart and bending sucks. I'm hungry."
>Of course, bend the metal!

Fucking perfect.

Katara and Sokka are perfect teachers for Korra as well.
Katara can teach her to be more emotionally considerate and less socially stunted and be able to express herself and Sokka can teach her to think more strategically and not just try and punch everything.
These are basically Korra's two greatest flaws and the Water siblings almost seem like they were designed to be her mentors and companions.

I agree, it works perfectly.

Pretty sure that Aang can also bring the best out of Mako and Bolin too.

I just think that would be interesting to think on what Korra can bring or teach TO Katara and Sokka, because it is better if it is a mutual development.

>i think she would have fared better than Aang

>gets killed because she didn't run when FN attacked
>doesnt get to train with the white lotus so she doubly sucks at bending than her normal

People decided that she would instead of running away, try to attract the FN to far away from the Tribe, getting frozen in a storm.

Hey, it was me that took the posts of that thread to make the Boob Chart.

Someone requested it actually done on a drawthread a while back, so I am working on it.

Gonna post what I have so far, I think.

Sweet ungodly fuck, yes.

This one is kind of lazy

I want a Sokkara / Azulon confrontations

>Wait, so Princess Whats-her-face's has a brother who looks like THAT? I'd let that guy hunt me [smiles at Azulon] Maybe even catch me...
Azulon looks slightly taken aback
>Be careful what you wish for, peasant girl.

Day of the Black Sun:
>Sokkara: Listen Prince Azulon, just give us the information. You're powerless right now, so you're in no position to refuse.
>Toph: And stick to the truth. I'll be able to tell if you're lying.
>Azulon: Are you sure? I'm a pretty good liar. I'm just a misunderstood, lonely soul. All I really want to do is leave this senseless violence behind and elope with a beautiful peasant girl. I'm sure the love of a good woman will fix me.
Sokkara looks at him starry eyed. Toph and Aang simultaneously pinch her arms.
>Sokkara: ...Okay, 1) Ouch. 2) Somebody gag him.

Long jump to Sokka - D.

Jet, Mako and Varrik are listed as C, but I am really not sure on who to draw, I would love to do the 3. There are barely any r63 of Varrik or Jet.

Confused boner.
She's qt as fuck but she literally just has Kai's face.
Kai was a pretty boy

Waifu

And this is how it looks so far.

You might notice that I modified a little Aangie's face to look more on model to the show.

Still think that I should have done something with Prince Wu and Desna too

>Desna
For what purpose?

I really like the swinsuit/underwear that you gave them.

Its funny, it would look like and basically be named Eska, probably same personalitty too.

Is this is post-time skip Kai? She is a bit tall.

Yes, this is why she is so tall compared to Aangie.

This so much

>No one will ever draw beefcake of R63 Katara.

Why live.

This is making me want to ship femAang and femKai even though that makes no sense.
Sokka's ass is spectacular

I did wonder about heights. Zuka looks a little tall compared to Sokkara.

I am unconfortable with how hot R63 Sokka looks like, but according to the gif here and it actually makes sense.

>I am unconfortable with how hot R63 Sokka looks like
So is R63Katara

>>No one will ever draw beefcake of R63 Katara.
>Why live.
>want to ship femAang and femKai even though that makes no sense.

Weeeell.....I can't draw them right now because of college stuff, but I love drawing r63 of these characters....so leave your sugestions that I might work on it later.

Give me fun/lewd situations and scenes. I am already making a comic out of

>I did wonder about heights. Zuka looks a little tall compared to Sokkara.

Heh, I am going by memmory, it has been a long time since I saw the characters next to each other, might have something wrong there.

Aangie growing increasingly aroused by seeing Katar bathing.

It's been years since I saw the show as well so don't take my word as gospel.
I always had Sokka and Zuko at virtually the same height, but I could be wrong.

This Zuka is perfect.

How your male Suki looks like?

How would Toph ever be a sissy? If anything, she'd be even NASTIER if she was male.

Huh.

Is the scar on the different eye on purpose?

A best and a cutest

I ship FemZuko with everyone
Especially Azula who is still a girl because /u/>/y/.

the "E" is for Ember Island

If we're going by male secondary characteristics or something along those lines, he's not only buff, big dicked, but also has confident firm buttocks.

Emphasis on the confidence.

>fun/lewd situations
Eskimos in real life traditionally slept naked and huddled together for warmth, pre-colonization.
So imagine how flustered Aangi would become on the first night of the adventure when Kataro and Sokkara begin stripping down and invite Aangi to join them before she has to tell them that's not how things are done out of the SWT.

Is it wrong that I find male Zuko more attractive?

Jing would trigger Cred Forums so hard when he takes Zuka out on a date.
He's literally the perfect package, and he has a perfect package.

God it's true, isn't it? I remember that the butthurt from Korra stepped into maximum overdrive because nearly everybody self-inserted as Bolin.

I can only imagine the number of burned bodypillows when Jing despoils Honorfu.

>amazons with a few twinks mixed in: the show
count me in!

And what about the tumblr side of the issue? Fangirls in general usually hate Mai for not seeing her as good enough for Zuko.

But male Mai would probably have more fangirls than any other charcater on r63 Avatar, for being a tall, dark, cold assassin.

>No one will ever draw beefcake of R63 Toph.
I know I'm in the minority here, but his introduction scene practically writes itself. Especially with the Kung Fu Hustle reference.

You see, there is an ENTIRE story for why it is on the other side, she was actually burned there instead of the usual canon.

I decided that thematically it would play with the gender "swap" idea if I also swaped the place of the scar, like a mirror universe.

Or maybe I am just bulshitting because I fucked up my references and didnt noticed.

Yeah, pretty much the latter.

So, it becomes She-Ra?

Oh yeah, Male Mai (Mao?) would have all the fangirls.
But him Azulon and Guy-Lee would be prime fujobait. All the fanart of them would be gayer than a Voltron general.

>Mai becomes Gai (pron. "Guy")
>Characters frequently say "Mei"
>"Mei" becomes "Gei"

Pronounced exactly how you think.

It would only get worse when people develop OT3 to compensate or have the two using Zuka as their mutual beard.

What have we done?

>spoilers

Son this is how half of Silver Age continuity, and at least 75% of all Transformers, was created.
>First run of Hulk
>Printer fucks up
>Hulk is all the colors of the rainbow
>Final panel: Green Hulk
>Somehow becomes default color

Mao makes more sense than Gai.

Also, to answer OP, it would be amazing to be able to have a Voltron thread without it being 99% fujos.

Shiro should still be Daddy but FemKeith and FemLance are great.

>Mao makes more sense than Gai

Not in any substantive way. One has a similar sound to the original name, the other is a pun referencing the nature of 63. The second is also reflective of the tendency for the VA's to either misread or given an alternate name for Mai as "Mei".

IIRC Basco did that quite a few times in S3, and I'm not entirely sure why. Her name was pretty clearly "Mai".

Tai Lee's name wouldn't even really have to change.

I wouldn't blame Zuko's VA, they've been calling her Mei since Book 2

Avatar has never been consistent on which language it's pronouncing from.
They're pronouncing Mai correctly from an English viewpoint (maim, main, mail), it's hard to argue the name isn't "Asian" enough when you've got chracters called June, Jet and Azula.

In putonghua/mandarin Chinese "Mai" would be pronounced "m-aye" as in "rhymes with buy". "Mei" would be pronounced similarly to "May" as in the merry month of.

It's one of those small details which sticks out because Avatar normally gets everything pretty spot-on. Most of the Chinese used in-universe is not only grammatically correct but the language used is appropriate to the approximate time-period as well.

I know how it's pronounced in Chinese, I'm saying that Avatar was never really consistent because it's an amalgamation of Asian influences plus Western/English names.
Ty-Lee and Dai Li rhyming is a good example.

Right, I got that. Although to be fair "June" could easily become Jp. "June" although they have completely different meanings.

Still better than what the movie did, even if the film did standardize all of its pronunciations.

Where do Jet and Azula come from then?

Well that's part of the issue with standardizing them. You might have good intentions in changing Iroh's name so it's more like Iro in Japanese, but you've still got English speaking actors saying it as Earo and it's still spelled as Iroh, which is impossible in Japanese.

I don't care about the inconsistent ching-chonginess of the cartoon. It's retarded to change the established pronunciation of the names.

Lol, those come from magic space land.
It's kind of fun to see what the reverse-engineered names are in characters.
I think they might have one already, but Azula's name might be translated as "Ah Sou La" or "Ah Sou Lan" to keep the "blue" element in her name.

I think they were standardizing them more along the Middle Eastern, Farsi, or even Hindi/Southeast Asian theme they had running throughout those films. Although in Japanese I suppose "Iroh" would be pronounced more like "Eyore", "Aang" wouldn't be "Ong".

I've been thinking about Azula/Zuka/Ty Lee as an OT3 recently.
On the other hand, having Azula be forward on wanting Aang in the Royal family, unintentionally seeding the thought of Zuka having a crush on Aang is just as sweet.

Honestly I kind of like the idea that Zuka is both discomfited and intrigued by her attraction to anybody.

NEVER STICK YOUR DICK IN CRAZY

I mean jeez user I know your probably desperate but seriously, I don't care how hard up you are some things aren't worth it.

And realistically Johnny would get laid more on than half his tries.

Anything but Zukaang is treason.

>azulon

It's not his fault that his eugenics experiment failed and only produced a jobber and a crazy cunt

Agreed.
It's monogamy or nothing.
They'd have the purest relationship in the world too.
It'll take weeks if not months for Zuka to work up the courage to ask Aang to stay the night.

In regards to said experiment, do we have Lu Ten become a gitl or will normal Lu Ten be intended for Zuka?

The real problem I see with the genderbend is that it kinda doesn't work with zuko. Think about it a lot of the character is based around being the banished heir to the throne, and feeling inferior to his sister despite being said heir. Zuka wouldn't have those problems. Unless the culture follows radically different norms than it appears to male azula would be the heir. Him bring better than zuka wouldn't be a problem. There would be no social stigma from being worse than your brother, who is the heir, even if you were the older sister. Ozai would still favor azula, but zuka would have her mother, at least at first so it'd be k. Zuka wouldn't be trying to prove herself as heir, so she probably wouldn't attend the war meeting. Gender swap would absolutely gut zuko as a character. Azulon would also be quite different. He's the best, he's supposed to be the best, and there is no one between him and the throne. I imagine he would actually have a decent relationship with his sister. Maybe one of his best relationships actually.

>Unless the culture follows radically different norms than it appears to
It actually does, they have women serving in their army, co-ed prisons and nobody there ever had a problem with Azula being in charge of stuff

This is a valid point. I could assert that the use of female troops was a sign of desperation and cultural shift as the costs of a hundred years land war took a tole on their smaller island population, and that people didn't have a problem because azula was just that scary, but that would be a total ass pull on my part. You make a valid arguement. However there is no way to know for certian, as the gender dynamics are never explicity stated, and clearly there is at least some significance placed on masculinity because zuko puts at least some emphasis on the fact it's his sister.

It would change the plot a lot, but Belle would become some meek nerdy dude who likes books or if it takes place in a more modern day, video games. Belle (or maybe Barry?) would also be one rich fucker who isn't very interested in most chicks because he knows most women (including femGaston) just want his money. femGaston is a poor farm girl who is spoiled rotten by her family due her good looks but IS a fairly strong woman who is used to wrestling with pigs.

FemBeast was a very greedy and very shallow girl and was turned into a monster girl. And she has to learn how to see a person for more than their money.

femGaston tries to use Barry's mother as a way to get to Barry and get his money through marriage and when Barry says that he kinda thinks that femBeast is a qt and that she wouldn't hurt anyone. FemG then tries to mob the FemB and gets killed when she tries to stab FemB and falls off the house.

Zuko's issues with Azula never had anything to do with gender, it was always hatred for always bullying him, torturing him mentally and also jealousy of her skills and that she had daddy's attention.

I do worry than a Zuka AU would make Ozai look like a sexist that only treats her like shit for being a woman.

I think that there was an offhand comment by Bryke about the diferent nations and the problems they had.
The Water Tribes were divided by sex, particularly the Northern Tribe but the Southern Tribe to some extent.
The Earth Kingdom was very classist, best seen in the Walls separating the different social classes in Ba Sing Se.
The Fire Nation had the most discrimination against non-benders. Important positions in society could only be held by benders (Fire Lord & Fire Sages) and it was shameful for powerful firebending families to have non-bender children (Piandao's backstory tells how he was adopted out for being a non-bender)
Air Nomads were perfect and harmonious and just lovely.

>Air Nomads were perfect and harmonious and just lovely.
They didn't allow male and females to live together

>Important positions in society could only be held by benders
What about Mai and Ty Lee's parents?

At the temples, there was nothing against them nomading together around the world.

>but that would be a total ass pull on my part.

Kind of, it's established that the Fire Nation had numerous colonies around the Earth Kingdom and was extracting significant amounts of wealth and settling there. By S2 only Ba Sing Se is one of the only major competing political entities left, and they were locked into defense. The Fire Nation's population was not suffering any crisis in terms of keeping their military manned or well-equipped.

Because this is R63, we know why Ozai actually treated Zuko like shit. The exercise in r63'ing something is to translate character dynamics into the flipped gender. So maybe Ozai would encourage people to think this way to better fuck with Zuka's head, or maybe Azulon would try to convince Zuka that sex had nothing to do with it, but rather she was just that bad.

Mai's Dad was a coty administrator or something, that's more of a bureaucratic position which would probably be fine. It's seems that the more royal/"religious" positions are the ones held by firebenders.

Eh, maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just seeing it through the lens of my own culture, but I definitely got that kinda vibe.

He was the governor of the Earth Kingdom's second largest city and he wasn't immediately executed after all its citizens escaped or after he lost it to a single man.

So he must have been a sort of important guy.

I think the most difficult thing with Ozai is that would he ever let Zuka into his war council?
If the FN has no sexism, I guess he would, but everything about the story behind Zuko's scars has a very militaristic, masculine tone to it which might not translate so easily to a female character.

Its not look at the gifts Iroh gave them Zuko got the dagger while Azula got dolls.

While it's true Ba sing se is statrd to be the last holdout, we see wife swaths of the earth kingdom that are just that, earth kingdom. I wouldnt really say the fire nation had control of the continent. And while I know that in the show they are shown as winning and pushing back, realistically the fire nations population would be nowhere near that of the earth kingdom. I always figured they only made headway cause the earth kingdom was so fractured, and that they were stretched thin.

He was definitely a big, important guy and I'm not saying non-benders couldn't hold those positions but there were more limits on nonbenders there than in the Earth Kingdom, NWT and SWT, where all 3 heads of state were nonbenders.

No, but Book 1 girl power episodes aside, the avatarverse seems to be a world where men and women are treated as equals.

Otherwise Mai and Ty Lee would have never be allowed to take part in the war.

Fucking autocorrect. I really need to proof read shit before I post on my phone

Would you fuck female Sokka?

But they didn't, not really. Azula's operation wasn't really a military venture.

Non-diegetically you're right, because as viewers in our own culture Zuko comes off as a very masculine character.
>Scars
>HONOR
>Fighting style

There's a divide between what we assume/read into a scene, or what the creators of the scene intend and what might be the culture of the fictional world in and out of itself. It's a paradox of fiction that we talk about it as if it's real and make associations such as "Zuko's a masculine character" (again, not exactly a misreading of the character at all) when those associations might not translate into a world (which does not exist!).

I disagree, they were colonizing the Earth Kingdom for over a century. Aang and co avoid heavily populated areas and centers of power because the Fire Nation has seized control of those spaces. They primarily reside in smaller places like Kiyoshi Village, or more rarely in independent kingdoms like Omashu.

Notably by S3 the Fire Nation had quickly produced a small fleet of massive fuck-huge airships to coincide with the arrival of the comet. That along with the hydraulic drill and continued construction of the tanks would imply that production and population were being hosted by the colonies if the mainland had insufficient resources.

To make a point of comparison, Great Britain had colonies throughout the entire globe, despite the population of British people being dwarfed by the total population of those subjugated by the Empire. British industry and production far outpaced what it would have been if you were only thinking in terms of the British Isle.

Dude, this was answered like fifteen times already.

Of course I would, what sort of dumb question is that?

That seemed more of a case of Iroh not knowing shit about Azula

I wish there was some R63Watercest art because they're so fucking hot genderflipped

Perhaps but that still implies their social norms aren't too terrible different.

Fuck off you piece of shit. That "crazy cunt" is better than you ever will be.

>An Avatar thread that hasn't gone to complete shit after a dozen posts
What's happening? What is this magic? It's beautiful.

It's true, Rule 63 usually implies the same shit but with a vagina and I know about the encouragement of not writing females differently from male characters.

But if Zuko were originally written as a girl, it would involve a big drama about gender rules in the Fire Nation and she would have issues because she thinks the scar makes her ugly

Maybe, but the risk with talking about hypotheticals like this is that there are too many possible outcomes. So the writers may have tried to impress upon the viewer that the Fire Nation doesn't really care about sex or gender at all and that Ozai's just playing mind games, or that Ozai used those assumptions to his own advantage, or etc. etc. etc. Up to a certain point it becomes little more than baseless speculation, mitigated by an individual's best guesses as towards the outcome. So really there's not a whole lot we can say about it other than "yeah, that might be the case but lol it might not be."

That being said Zuka being insecure about her appearance makes me feel tingly.

yea i love it

Only thing I don't like is how feminine Pidge is. This was probably before the show aired though so I'll give it a pass.

Not really, he could just start as Azula lite and follow his character arc normally from there

>dat Lady-Sokka

Is... is this what love feels like?

Once more you present a valid and compelling arguement. I take my hat off to you user, that being said I take most things shown in cartoons with a grain of salt. I don't expect the show to have a good grasp of reality, and I understand that things get bent for plot convenience. Point in case, either theirs is a truly small world, or holy shit appa is fast. This is made most apparent during the finale, where they go back and forth across the whole damn planet like three times in a single day (or swthing like that, forgive me it's been a while since I've seen these). True they could possibly have produced all those ships given your explanation, but I still think that is a stretch depending on time frame. Zuko also passes through, and tophs community can hardly be said to be under the boot of the fire nation, but again you could argue for those being out of the way, or being exceptional.

Furthermore European colonialism worked because of a massive tech advantage that translated into a military advantage. While it is true the fire nation has a tech advantage, I would argue that it's not enough to put them that far ahead. One, they don't have guns or artillery, they just have the tanks and ballons, of which the tank is vulnerable to earthbending, and the balloon is new and therefore largely irrelevant for the hundred year history we are contemplating. Yes, the balloon now give them air superiority, which is an incredibly significant advantage, but that wasnt there for the 100 year conflict which I'm asserting wold have stretched them thin, and or been impossible. I think It is not unrealistic to say they would have been near military parity, with the fire nation having a slight advantage.frankly the military applications for eathbending are insane. I'm not talking about rock chucking. Just think of the logistical implications of being able to manipulate terrain, and make bridges and railways wherever you want.

that show had no beef to speak of, so no

Again, and I may be beating a dead horse, but I really don't feel the writers were trying to show the fire nation as being a gender nuetral place. I mean azula and her friends went to a girls academy, and if I recall there was dialogue suggest long that at said academy they learned what would be considered womans arts. There seems to have been gender differences, and at least a few things hint at th having been similar to what we're used to.

Remember the last time a Xelor fucked with time in the world of twelve?
It wasn't pretty.

Important question;
How does Wang Fire work in 63ATLA?

A female Sokka is so shockingly sexual in its very concept that it makes anything involving her pornographic in nature. That sentence I just typed? Pornographic.

There's a ton more which we could say about colonialism, but I always shy away from going full /his/ because then there is no conceivable stopping point. European military superiority, for example, is a main component of imperial subjugation of other foreign states, but the economic and socio-political changes accompanying these events more often than not paved the path for military confrontations on European terms. European Imperialism in China is a good case of economic global trade fitting into an Imperialist agenda and engendering a war in which the Qing dynasty was systematically undermined on a cultural, economic, and techno-military level. It was almost like a prototype of the post WWII military-industrial complex.

It's no coincidence that Ba Sing Se is visually based on Qing China, complete with the Earth King's resemblance to the last Manchu emperor Pu Yi. I appreciate your point about the applied aspects of Earthbending (because really: Earthbenders would be fucking broken on so many levels), and that the show was more or less painting the colonization of the Earth benders in broad strokes, but I think the combined effect of imperialization/colonization reaching beyond mere military applications gave the Fire Nation a leg up on their competition.

I don't necessarily think that they were trying for a gender-equal Fire Nation either: aside from the girl's academy there were no female soldiers in the military stationed overseas. There were still clear feminine gender roles, it was just the case that nobody really objected to Azula being in command or to female officers in positions of authority.

FemSokka takes on the Sapphire Fire role, acting just as over-the-top as regular Sokka did. She's going to have a brood that would make a rabbit-rat look sterile, and they will be the manliest babies EVER because her super-stud husband is THAT FUCKING VIRILE because he's hung like an elephant-horse.

Exactly the same, beard and all.

Which means Katar is the woman in the relationship.

Which means mpreg.

Aang looks so weird with hair, not girl or girl.

> Katar and femsokka both stuff betting in their shirts. Katar ro pretend to be pregnant, femsokka so she can pretend to be fat and tey to pass off her rack as moobs.

Index it's best not to get into the quagmire that is discusion of collonialism, and I was indeed oversimplifying, but maintain that the fire nation would have had difficulties, and that things were smoothed out for plot convenience.

I do agree with you, the earth kingdom is clearly based on china. I would assert that the fire nation is based on imperial Japan, which would slightly change the dynamic yoy proposed. Beyond the obvious similarities between Japan and the fire nation, Japan did have colonial asperations, and annexed korea and large parts of china. In fact the annexation of portions of china, and the war that followed with the remainder of china, could be an excellent parallel to fire nation occupation of the earth kingdom. Furthermore the fire nation is depicted as brutal and genocidal, which fits imperial Japan. See the rape of nanking. The abduction of waterbenders and earthbwnders? See the deportation of koreans as slaves.

Concerning gender roles, are we shown any other female commanding officers besides azula? I don't recall any.

The Fire Nation is kind of an amalgamation of several different cultures/societies, the most obvious one being Imeperial Japan 1870-1940's. Their outfits are actually more clearly based on Ming China, which itself set the precedent for restrictive authoritarian societies in East Asia (the Tokugawa Shogunate greatly mimicked Ming China's administrative control schema), while their names tend to be a combination of both Chinese and Japanese (and English) elements. Zhao is clearly a Chinese name, Zuko and Ozai sound more vaguely Japanese.

Except Jeong Jeong. Because.

The point still stands that the Fire Nation's colonization and attacks against the Water Benders and Earth Benders are extremely reminiscent of Japan's attack on China, and Legend of Korra even follows this up by taking clear influence from 1920's Shanghai.

>NO AANGIE, THE BIDDIE WILL MAKE YOU STRONG!

Also: girl-Aang versus carnal desires. Oh boy.

Yeah yoyr right, its a bit of a tossup. Also, Don't forget the nod to the Germany with the blimps. I can't be the only one who thought of that.

Why is female Aang v carnal desires any worse than male v carnal desires? I mean shit, isn't the general consensus that men are horn dogs and would have a harder time with that sort of thing?

...How the fuck do I keep missing these errors until after I've posted them.

It is your curse, user.

It's not because of anything in specific, save for that animufus tend to be pure. Given that girl-Aang would be an Air Nomad, the temptation to make her extra pure is devastating.

Can confirm, I've fucked one.

Every picture of female Aang is so incredibly cute, now I'm annoyed that Aang wasn't a girl.

You got Korra.

But Korra wasn't extremely cute and she was barely likable. Then again I didn't really like Aang either.

While admittedly physically attractive she was kind of a bitch.

The show wouldn't be improved, it would remain just as good with more waifus. If LOK were 63 It would be just as bad.

She was extremely cute, though

>pick a show where gender swaps of the three main characters already exist
The Ed's would act EXACTLY like the Kankers, if they were female.

When someone tells Wang Fire to go fuckhimself, he doesn't mess around.

This is the best R63 interpretation of Sokka. Captures the character perfectly.

This interpretation has been hitting the cactus juice a little hard I think.

You can just hear her shouting out some really terrible catch phrase that she probably thinks sounds really cool.

Actually the reverse of sexes is as follows
Tits=Balls
Vagina =Dick

> this means the northern water-tribe would be a faction of warrior-women who refuse to teach bending to men because it's not their place to fight

Savage

you fags keep forgetting that fem ang would be bald and shit..........

Perhaps so, but this pleases me regardless.

>"I didn't watch the show. Please rape my face."

>femSokka best waifu

you uh...
you might be onto something there.

Would r63Rose be a Conan-like figure?

oh, user
We've already answered what a Female Gaston Would be like.

No one's a waifu like Gaston

Take a closer look at her hairline

Her head has clearly been shaved at the front, as female airbenders are shown in the series. She's just let her hair fall forward

I agree it works best when you have some limits, for most Cred Forums related ones I generally only do it to teen and younger characters, doing it to Adult characters(especially one's that are parents) can often result in plot and/or logic holes that are incredibly annoying to solve, at least if you go with "was always genderbent" concepts

Not even being female could have given Harry a likable personality. Ron, maybe.

Draco definitely

SU would be better if it was partially gender swapped but the Gems had more ambiguous, genderless designs and edited voices, with their designs a bit more like the Pilot.

I think giving the show an 80's androgynous vibe would make it far more interesting and for them to work away from gender stereotypes. Like they seem so proud of making "Genderless Gems" but still portray Pearl as a whiny heart-broken Aunt / neurotic foster mother, and don't even get me started on that whole Lapis/Jasper shit. I don't imagine the storyboarders and writers would be terribly excited to write the same sappy equivalent if the characters were coded male or Alien David Bowies.

imagine

>FemBeast fighting a female FemBara stronk Bar wrench
>Submissive bella shota caught between
Now that's hot.

>Fem Ron and the twins

What happens to female-Neville through the story?

>just swapping the siblings genders
>the episode with Jet plays out exactly the same
>except Jet and Sokkara have sex, even though they dislike each other

Asami a Chad

We really need a standard version of Brotara with his hair tied up.
Main characters from the Water Tribe have their hair up, letting their hair down is for special occasions when the show needs to remind us how sickeningly attractive they are.
Korra did it, Sokka did it, Katara did it. The R63 versions need to reflect this.

More or less gay thoughts:

y/n?

Even, though now everyone's a power bottom.

Scrapper get out of here.

Azula's a psychotic killer and your waifu literally has another man in her you autist cuck.

>rob Schneider the death eater

Noooo ooooone's THICC as Gaston, sucks the dick like Gaston

What happens when they get to the North Pole?

I want him to stay a delicious shota.

>Tom Riddle and Merope Gaunt genderbent
that's even more unpleasant to imagine

What does harry potter have to do with Cred Forums?

He could be a passive male who struggles with blindness but uses meditation and concentration to literally move the world around him.

>Aang will never face off against Zaheer
>Korea and Toph will never have a "girls night out" where they pick fights with the local ruffians

Azula was one of my first waifus. This picture confuse me. Help

>Inplying that's not a trap

R63 Smellerbee should look like this

>>Korea and Toph will never have a "girls night out" where they pick fights with the local ruffians
because Korra would be dead before she even meets Toph

people forget that even with proper training Korra sucked at fighting.

also:
>Aang will never face off against Zaheer
because he wouldn't have opened the portals like a total moron and zaheer would still be imprisoned.

Yeah, it's kinda like how if Othello and Hamlet switched places, their problems would be resolved.
Hamlet's indecisiveness prevents him from being affected by Iago, while Othello gets off the pot and kills/accuses Claudius at the start.

Aang wouldn't have a kneejerk reaction that the Equalists are wrong because "BENDING IS AWESOME" the way Korra did, and wouldn't be petty enough to call them out to fight him.

>it's kinda like how if Othello and Hamlet switched places, their problems would be resolved
My point is more that Korra would be dead for doing stupid shit and being generally weak without the white lotus.

> Smellerbee should look like this
What a lovely name for a boy!

>people forget that even with proper training Korra sucked at fighting.

She was suppused to be better than Aang on this regard, the writters just sucked at thinking on ways that punching doesnt solvet the conflict, so they wrotte her jobbing.

A proper writter would fix this, Korra can easily defeat most FN soldiers and fight equal to Zuko.

>because he wouldn't have opened the portals

Considering how he is way more into spiritual stuff than Korra, he probably would like the idea of humans and spirits learning to live in harmony.

And here is Varrik and a mostly done Mako.

Varrik was quite fun to think on and while I am not a big fan of Mako, I liked her design Just need to finish the scarf.

Fem Mako has moderate sized breats according to the chart, so I decided to give her some bonus regarding other features, she has a more slender body of athlete, and while Sokkara has the softest butt, Mako has the most firm and muscular buttcheeks along with thighs. I like to think that she focuses more on kick moves than punching.

When I finish Mako, the first part of the Boob chart will be finished - I would like to ask you guys your opinion on the design of the characters so far, and what could be done to improve it.

Also, which other character that I didnt drawed that you would like to see represented on the chart.

Could you make a version of Zuka without the lipstick? I want to see if she looks better.

>She was suppused to be better than Aang on this regard, the writters just sucked at thinking on ways that punching doesnt solvet the conflict
this just sounds like "she is strong even if the writers didn't show her as such" argument. If she gets her ass kicked she is just weak and that's it. Claiming that this is not how she was supposed to be is just outside of the show, and outside of canon. Also, we're considering a Korra that trained with the white lotus to compare. Imagine Korra without them, how weak she would be.

>Considering how he is way more into spiritual stuff than Korra, he probably would like the idea of humans and spirits learning to live in harmony
considering how he have a fully functioning brain, he knows spirits are too dangerous for that, and there is nothing to gain by living with spirits.

Not him by the way.
But don't start this shit again, the thread was fine without any of this bulshit.

I AM WHAT THIS THREAD NEEDS

Fem Bolin and Fem Ozai

FemMako is a qt pa2t

Here.

There is also the fact that Korra had to fight characters waaay stronger than Aang had to deal, and in worst conditions - like being poisoned.

If the idea is to already change the world to make Korra live on the same time as Sokka and Katara, I can't why not also making her as strong as she was suppused to be would be an issue. It is a much less drastic change.

Ozai and Bolin are exactly the next ones to be done. I was asking more about any other character that isnt listed on the chart, or that I skiped -

>I can't why not also making her as strong as she was suppused to be would be an issue. It is a much less drastic change.

Geez, I fucked up. I meant: "I cant see the problem of making her as strong as she was meant to be could be an issue, considering that swaping avatars is a much drastic change."

But I think that it is better to make a thread just about it, rather than go full out of topic.

I would have liked to see your Earth King and Jet.

I want to see Korra in this outfit.

Fem Tahno would be an interesting choice.

I support Desna getting a spot, and you might want to include Jet since Longshot is there.

Which size would r63 Tahno be?

Flat, wears breastforms/pushup bra

Super obscure, but Fem Hahn.
If 63ATLA had been the real show, she'd definitely be a flavor of the month. A spoiled bitch who treats 63Sokka like shit and lets everyone know she owns 63Yue's dick.

How about master Piandao?

(D-cup)

>Hahn
Fucking dead, holly shit.

I cant picture which kind of underwear or swinsuit Fem Ozai would use.

Dude, this must be the first rule 63 Varrik that I ever saw.

Kind of want to see her with a r63 Ju Lee as her boytoy.

>I cant picture which kind of underwear or swinsuit Fem Ozai would use
None. She is dressed only in flame.

I like this idea. But I imagine the Gems' interaction with each other feeling a lot like Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Space Conan but with more glam. Basically pic related.

I'd fund this if we can get a prog rock soundtrack

fuck off you stupid fuck

Yeah, a genderswap Johnny Bravo (Jeanny Bravo) would require even more suspension of disbelief than a dumb, sexist, muscle-bound blond asshole constantly striking out.

Either that or they make her hideous. Because even the most non-superficial guy will throw a fuck toward a buxom dumb blond aggressively trying to get that dick.

Have her side on so you don't see her puss and have a holding a flame obscuring her nipple.

Did i offend your waifu?

>Fucking dead
A Warrior's death

Still voiced by Rami Malek?

Sokorratara OT3

What if she was as buff as male Johnny? Still gorgeous, but outside the average guy's upper limit when it comes to buff girls.

Didn't they already do a genderbending episode?

>fem george and fred

>fem draco

ALL DESE REDHEADS

Of course he would have. Don't you remember when Jet nearly got him to destroy an innocent village?

Mako kind of looks like Book 4 Korra

>That fem sokka
would waifu her in a heartbeat

it's not Cred Forums but I would love it if we could get an omake or something where Deku is a chick and Bakugou and Todoroki are in a love triangle over her

Wow, Ron went from zero to waifu in ten seconds flat.

Have to admit Hermione's pretty handsome too. I guess perfection is not bound by gender.

Ronnie reminds me of Seras Victoria.

I know I'm going against the consensus here but I agree with that pic.
Sokka should be the one with the giant boobs, Zuko's should be moderate.

>Not wanting to nut in that ass

I see no ass in that picture

>Sokka should be the one with the giant boobs, Zuko's should be moderate.

Why? As men Zuko is the oldest and more built of the two.

You're doing things to me user, stop posting these pics.

Katara is the only one that needs to be changed to turn down the bitch/asshole dial a bit. Zuko would pretty much be the same and everyone else works better the way they are.

Not going to lie, this looks fresh and interesting...just keep Azula Female and Ozai Male and this is an awesome world.

I know a lot of people have Toph as their Waifu, but they should have kept the character concept toph as a boy.

The only reason they made Toph a girl was because they thought the Hero party was a sausage fest...which could have been prevented if Anng was a girl.

Goofy melee/thrower non bender Warrior older sister?

Yes please.

That's not entirely true. Aaron Ehasz was one of the large contributors as to why Toph became a girl. Like you said he thought it was a sausage party, but he also didn't like how Bryke wanted to create a love triangle between Katara, Aang, and Toph. These things along with several other issues is why Toph became a girl, not just because there were a bunch of ding dongs lying around. Can you guess where the love triangle went after AtLA?

This, I agree less is more though immediate boyfriends/girlfriends should be swapped Mai becoming Mao a lithe martial artist poet who loves Zuka despite her scares and dishonor who waited and remained loyal to her when she returned after "killing tge Avatar" would make him the ultimate Husbando, keep Ty Lee as a girl and etc.

End game counts they had a rival bromance and hung out more in the last season.

I like the concept of Zuka because a girl getting facially disfigured is a bit more tragic, Still sucks for boys and is just as much as an emotional damage to their image, but one could roll it as a toughness/battle scar, also Azula being a bitchy jealous younger sister is intriguing and I like the Idea of Ozai being miserable because he only has daughters and not a male heur and is part of the reason why he's an asshole.

Strangely enough r63'd love triangles are oddly compelling.

Shinji as a girl becomes instantly adorable.

Also male Katara would still act as team Mom, down to the "don't slouch when you talk" bit.

But as a good Water Tribe gal she will have jugs to go with her firm bouncy butt.

I agree entirely with what you said, but admittedly my favorite r'63 is Zuko because I've found myself waifuing her.

You've got at least three kids to make...get to it bucko!

Not really Fem Sokka is still a silly jokester who is the front line fighter of the group being a non bender who being the only teen for a while tries to be the team leader flirts with guys because she's of that age and tries to break the gender barrier in the northern water tribe by trying to proove herself as a warrior.

Someone's gotta draw post-timeskip MILF Aan

Awesome.

Also that close quarter jump through the hole in the cave wall would probably play the same.

>ITT: Shows that you'd fap to with some/all of the characters being genderswapped

You ain't fooling anyone, OP.

/fit/

They work out every day so I ulimagine tonned muscles and low fat but not riduclesly ripped.

Fund it, my headcanon needs to be updated.

He's a bad boy with deep emotional problems who gets a redemption. Girls love that shit.

(last bit)
This is correct.

Keeping Azula female ensures the original relationship themes from the original are retained. Having Azula male makes his claim to the throne more based on gender than skill, and is more blatant in feminist undertones than the show originally had (which actually were executed quite well.)

Still adore the idea that Zuka looks closer to Ursa than Azula, reminding and leading to Ozai's resentment of her while also allowing Azula to start seeing Zuka and Ursa as a singular entity during her emotional breakdown in the finale.

No homo...but I'd fuck him.

Meant to add in first point that keeping both female makes the lineage issue based on seniority and tradition more than sexism.

>Gayer than Voltron General.

Such a thing was never thought possible until now.

Bryke were too huge Kataangfags for that to happen.

>"Toph was initially designed as a jock-type, bad-mouthing, muscular, sixteen-year-old boy who would act as a foil to Sokka's nerdiness"

It seems like he would have been a fun character and that it would have ended with a Tokka bromance.

Eh, chinese fathers banishing useless daughters is actually an age old tradition in real life china.

Ozai has two daughters, not a single son, could be he trying to bang other women on the side and eventually legitimise and marry the first girl that gives him a son, but it could be a total King Henry and his nutsack only produces females. So ge's a misserable asshole who can carelessly ditch his furst born heir because he has anoth daughter to fill the role and begrudgingly be the furst female firelord. While he goes off and creates a new title for himself as the pheonix lord.

Why do these always read like you bunch just want to fuck Zuko, but get all "yucky" because he's a male character, so you just desperately need him as female? Even your characterization of this R63 version is stupid, and ooc as fuck.
This is Polter-tier, tbqh.

>exposed face
please stop this

Rich merchants were still not on the same level as bender noblemen.

After all, Mai's family has to actually "work" where benders like Azula and Zuko could just lounge around the palace all day and eventually lead an army due to their noble birth instead of any actual earned military rank.

Think Roman Senators dislike for plebs

Zuko is best boy, nothing wrong with finding a female version of him fuckable. No homo though.

Do you even need to ask?

I'd fuck her after a successful big game hunt and actually bang on top of the corpse of a polar bear dog or something.

Kaatang was endgoal, of course. It's just that they wanted to introduce a love triangle and we all know how well that worked. He probably would have been cool.

Track down the Avatar Eliminate him was jer mission but Azula and her gurls comandiered and aulided in the assault of more than one military operation to take over earth kingdom assests and pulled inspection on garrisons. Hell for a while Azula put the sacking of Ba Sing Se above locating the Avatar for a while.

quads confirm

Eh, male Katara has a girl closer to his age to focus is childhood boner on with female Anng, though I suppose older sister Sokka could have "the talk" with Her little brother and even show him her vagina for educational purposes and maybe cross over into lewd territory by teaching him how to jerk off, but I think that would be the end of it, a teenage girl would want fellow teens or older guys to get wet over, not her nerdy water bending brother who just got a new play mate cracked fresh out of the ice last week.

>It's just that they wanted to introduce a love triangle
Is there any source on that? Because they didn't even do one an Aang/Katara/Zuko one despite Zutara turning into the most popular pairing of the series.

We are only slightly more mature compared to other generals, adter all the original ATLA was quite a few years ago now...we have aged and mellowed, while other shows generals are still filled with kids and high schoolers.

Did your heart skip a beat, did your mouth water.

Then yes that's love.

I CAN NO LONGER CONTAIN THIS BONER!

Bryke interview when questioned about what they will bring to TLoK. They said they wanted to reuse ideas that were scrapped or left untouched from AtLA, and try them out in TLoK mini series. Realize that Bryke was actually held under a leash by Aaron Ehasz and the other writers Aaron being head writer for AtLA. I remember them and him talking about how they could get into heated arguments, though I'm sure they all consider themselves friendly. If I wasn't on a reformatted laptop I would just paste you the link, but it's a predate interview before TLoK airs I believe about them wanting to reuse unused ideas from AtLA. That coupled in with the fact that Aaron Ehasz talks about how a love triangle idea came from Bryke for AtLa, you can guess how it played out.

Basically she falls for the bad boy 80's rival that threatens her leadership in a moment weakness hate fuck/conceding victory, but then finds out about his terrorist plot and tried to warn the others, but now Jet is brushing his hands through Fem Anng's hair and is waving off Fem Sokka's claims as just being jealous for being dumped.

>hate Snape and Malfoy
>would probably like and feel bad for them if they were female

Is this what it feels like to be a white knight?

Maybe romantic cringe but regardless of what we do first, I want to pull out and have hold the rose close to her face and nut on the rose and then peel one of the rose petal covered in jizz and stick it to her puckered ass and then watch her lick the rose clean while I get ready for round two and place my cock at her rear entrance with the rose petal glued to her entrance as a form of barrier to push through.

I don't think our dicks and vaginas could take it, we'd all just have heart attacks and die.

Why does Ron look like Seras from Hellsing?

>Think about this for a second. The whole thing is so much funnier when you have a magical girl being taken care of by three alien gay dads
I mean, Steven is already feminine compared to the Crystal Gems. So, not much would change.

it only works if she's a lesbian. otherwise she'd have to be butt-ugly and going after dudes who are 9/10.

But she'd have Aang's plot armor, instead of her designated jobber status like she had in her own show, so she'd be able to actually succeed in what she did.

>Azula being a bitchy jealous younger sister

No. she would be a lady.

>AAng

heh

Well, she would only have to face Zuko and fodder Fire Nation mooks for most of the series.

Good Joke, Aang would have handed the world to the spirits in 3 seconds flat.

The choice wasn't exactly presented to him as "you help us, and we destroy a village". They didn't tell him at all about the village. For Korra, she knows exactly what spirits can do and decides to let them come anyway.

Right, and when shit got real her Avatar Button would probably actually work without nerfs.

Aang is a spiritfag, he would welcome them into the human world as long as they are nice.

Scrapper, come on mate; you are not fooling anyone.

>Panty not genderbent
0/10

liking spirits doesn't mean being stupid. Some people like wild animals like lions and bears, it doesn't mean they want to flood the cities with them. The only time Aang got close to retarded was in The rift when he ALMOST allied himself with spirits to destroy a village. Still he realized that's fucked up in, like, 10 seconds.

If anything Aang seems like the type to be in denial that spirits can do anything wrong. Korra would probably actively pursue spirits who are harmful to humans.

>Still he realized that's fucked up in, like, 10 seconds.
Only because Toph tried to beat him up if he destroyed the village so Aang had to choose between his friends or sucking up to the spirit.

I'd like to see a short AU where Korra was actually successfully Kindapped by the Red Lotus and taught in their fighting styles ignoring the fact they were lying about that and intended to kill her of course. Edgy anarchist Korrassassin.

>it only works if she's a lesbian.

>Some people like wild animals like lions and bears, it doesn't mean they want to flood the cities with them
Aang actually sort of did that in his Tale of Ba Sing Se.

She'd have to look quite a bit more extravagant than that, in my opinion.

There was one I remember reading/seeing that was basically a "everyone becomes an antagonist" AU because Korra wasn't around in their lives. Korra was Red Lotus, Asami was an Equalist, Mako was head of the Triads and I can't remember what Bolin was. I think he became a corrupt cop.

Have her costume resemble Assasin Ibuki and I'm down.

Their original plan was to have the avatar working for them and teach her their ideals, I guess they would kill her last after achieving "freedom" in all nations.

Man, I wish this cast was for a fighting game or RPG, I want to play as a cute, funny and flirty Water Tribe Warrior girl with a boomerang, black sword and bone club, maybe soecial attacks with spears.

Also this Fem Anng is too cute...TOO CUTE!

>Their original plan
Zaheer was lying to her to distract her while his associates captured her.

There's problems with that story. For one, they were already practically unstoppable as a unit and only were defeated because they tried to capture the avatar herself. Secondly, if they did actually want her on her side, trying to end the existence of the avatar is in direct conflict with that plan. They could easily simply kill grown Korra and try again with her reincarnation. The Red Lotus could try this as many times as it needed to. I just don't think it adds up.

Oh, and finally: Korra would likely be rid of their indoctrination / Brainwashing soon regardless, because her past lives would eventually have to manifest and guide her.

>The Miraculous Ladyboy & Catgril

I think there's a fic like that but it was Amon instead and that's basically what ended up happening.

>Aang actually sort of did that in his Tale of Ba Sing Se
he created a zoo. He didn't let them free.

- Aang, that's stupid
- you know what? you're right, that's stupid

that was the conversation. Honestly, he didn't even need Toph to point that out. He also only wanted to destroy the village to stop the giant spirit from destroying the village AND killing people.

Toph created a rock golem and fought Aang to stop him from destroying the village because a spirit told him to.

And you know, the reason for that is because the story of that comic paints the spirit as in the wrong. In Korra's S2 and 3, her newfound attempt at coexisting is treated as correct by the story. No one tries to talk her out of it, and nothing bad comes of it. You may feel her decision is a bad one, but in-universe, it is correct.

>Tokka is now delicious brown /ss/
Can't argue with this.

Yeah we'll probably never see it but leaving the portals open will likely lead to most of the Avatar setting becoming more environmentally friendly than it already is, and technological growth will either slow down or develop in more "green" ways. Obviously some people won't like that but it'd fit in with Bryke's agenda for the setting.

>"Hello Avatar, how about we open the portals to unite the Water Tribes and bring forth a new era where humans and spirits live together in harmony?"

There is no way that Aang says no to that.

Female aang is cute as fuck but I can't accept a world without Female Toph.

Trap toph is just as good.

Here is what happened:

>angry spirit is about to come out and destroy everything because humans polluted his waifu's resting grounds
>Aang wants to suck up to the spirit and destroy the town
>Toph says no
>they fight for a while
>angry spirit shows up
>Aang tries to reason with the spirit
>spirit just gos: "HUMANS REEEEEEEEEEE"
>Aang fights the spirit with the help of Toph
>Spirit fucks off
>Spirit's waifu shows up and tells Aang that she loved humans and that she hopes that one day humans and spirits can coexist

Would Korra really have to learn the elements if she was in Aang's time? What would she have been doing the whole time she was growing up?

Aang's journey is about learning the elements. Otherwise they could just find her an avatar state master and throw her at Ozai right away.

Kinda reminds me of General Crazy-Tits

>No homo though.
And that's why it's shit. You're too afraid of your dick lust.

can't spell Aang without AA

>korra/katara will never be canon

>because a spirit told him to
more like threatened

>her newfound attempt at coexisting is treated as correct by the story
Tenzin is the only idiot treating it as correct. Anyone rational knows it's the wrong choice, as spirits fuck everything for thousands of years now.

>No one tries to talk her out of it
you do realize everyone was dumbed down in S02, right?

>and nothing bad comes of it
you can't really claim that, as spirits weren't even the focus of S03/4. That said, when the vines (spirit) was the focus, it was attacking people

>You may feel her decision is a bad one, but in-universe, it is correct
they also decided to go inside the spirit world just so Jinora could get captured. Just because the characters treat it as the correct choice, it doesn't mean it is actually correct.

>There is no way that Aang says no to that
- spirits? you mean the guys that randomly attack people? no thank you.

>she hopes that one day humans and spirits can coexist
not exactly the message.

I think it is about change; you know how spirits don't like to change? if they were able to, perhaps they might coexist with humans, or at the very least accept what they are. She is one of the rare spirits that can see that. All others just see change as a bad thing.

But would it be Aang's journey, or Korra's journey in Aang's situation?

I mean I figure both could be made to work, as long as we don't translate Korra's actual journey into Aang's time, because her Journey was kind of poorly done as fuck. It would have to be Korra's new journey.

>Tenzin is the only idiot treating it as correct. Anyone rational knows it's the wrong choice, as spirits fuck everything for thousands of years now.
Well, show me all the rational people saying this in Book 4 or even in Book 3, as long as you don't include the vines which were created by Vaatu.
>you can't really claim that
Sure I can. Nothing bad happened because nothing bad was shown. When the vines attacked, it was in direct retaliation of the destruction of a spirit nexus that existed long before the portals were opened, too.
>they also decided to go inside the spirit world just so Jinora could get captured. Just because the characters treat it as the correct choice, it doesn't mean it is actually correct.
Maybe so, but as long as the show doesn't treat it as the wrong decision you can't blame the characters for making that decision. I can't blame the White Lotus for deciding to send 2 teenagers to storm the capital of the Fire Nation on the day they were most powerful, and sending 3 more teenagers (2 of which couldn't bend) to stop a fleet of war machines staffed by the most elite fire warriors and the Fire Lord himself), while the bulk of their fighting force instead went to capture a city that was really not a priority target in the situation. It's narrative taking precedence over logic, whether it ends up working or not. In other words, if Aang had decided to not keep the portals open (which I really doubt he'd do), it would have been treated as the wrong decision and he'd have been forced to come around, just like what happened in the Rift.

kind of hard to learn the elements when you're dead. Face it, she sucks and would probably die in a couple of episodes.

I think the only characters who were actually shown disagreeing with leaving the portals open were Lin and Raiko, and Lin was more in a "great now I've got more crap to clean up" way.

Since she'd share Aang's plot armor, she would surely not. Aang only survived the first episode because of his literal plot device mode anyway.

And even Raiko changed his tune by book 4.

Probably because at one point he followed Korra's advice and actually tried getting along with the spirits as far as the vines went, plus he wasn't going to have a negative relationship with the woman who was willing to sacrifice herself for a group of endangered people.

Right. It seems the spirit vine woods and the avatar park was a decent source of tourist revenue too.

>show me all the rational people saying this in Book 4 or even in Book 3
"they don't show, so it doesn't happen". Bad logic. Also, didn't Korra had, like, 8% approval rate in RC only?

>Nothing bad happened because nothing bad was shown
They didn't show people dying in ATLA, but you know people die in a war. Hell, they didn't even show P'li dying. Your idea that "if they didn't show anything good/bad from it, it didn't happen" is just ridiculous; they show thousands of spirits in RC. Were all of them doing literally nothing this whole time? like, stopped and not even moving? Not only that, it is only 'not shown' if you completely ignore what spirits have done over the years. Let me get an example: if Koh appeared for a second in LoK without doing anything, does that mean he is a reformed spirit now that doesn't do any bad? of course not, there is a past to consider. And that's why you must consider all the past to judge spirit's actions. As we know, spirits are assholes since ancient times, to the point where humanity literally had to live in turtles to survive. ATLA reinforces that, showing spirits being douchebags all the time. In S02 LoK we also see spirits that weren't even being controlled attacking for no reason, and some even supported Unalaq. Why in God's name do you think those guys just disappeared after the portals were open?

also, another point: what is being discussed is the danger based on what they knew about spirits before opening the portals, and not the result. For all we know when Korra opened the portal God could have descended and gave humans eternal life; it won't make the original choice less retarded. If we KNOW spirits are dangerous (that's just history), why open the portals? it's still silly to think opening is a good idea, regardless of result.

(cont)

>"they don't show, so it doesn't happen". Bad logic
"They don't show, so it does happen".
Worse logic.
>Also, didn't Korra had, like, 8% approval rate in RC only?
Yes, right after Vaatu half destroyed the place and Raiko spent weeks or months trying to deflect the blame off himself onto her. By Book 4 she was regarded a hero.
>Why in God's name do you think those guys just disappeared after the portals were open?
Koh didn't need portals to do mischief in the first place, so why would you try to blame that on Korra? The fact of the matter is the show shows humans and spirits coexisting with practically no issues. That's the reality of that world, no matter how bad you want it to not be so so you can shit on Korra's decision.

>why open the portals?
Well, if you'd watched the show you might now that Unalaq tricked her into that. Korra decided to keep them open because based on what she saw, good AND bad, that coexistence was possible. And pretty much everyone supported her, no one gave any real arguments against that. And she was proven to be correct, for now. What may happen later, who knows, but the show treated her decision as correct and the fact that no one spoke against it can be taken to mean no one thought it was clearly wrong.
Same shit that happened during Book 2, more than a few times. Korra went with Unalaq. The viewer knew he was shady, yes. But no one in-universe could come up with a good reason to stop her. Just like no one in-universe thought trying to close the first portal was a bad idea or unnecessary. Right or wrong, the worst you can say about those decisions is they were as "stupid" as everyone in Korra's world.

about the spirit vines: my original point was their behavior, and not if Korra is responsible or not for that. It's noticeable that the vines behave as selfish as other spirits, and her "direct retaliation" was made against people that had nothing to do with the destruction of the spirit forest. She had zero reason to kidnap the people of RC, but the vines are just douchebags that don't care who they are retaliating against.

>as long as the show doesn't treat it as the wrong decision you can't blame the characters for making that decision
what? that doesn't even make sense. If a character says that 2+2 is fish and some idiots agree, it doesn't mean that 2+2 is actually fish, or that everyone on the planet agrees that 2+2 is fish. Even if you argue that "in that world, they believe that", but that just means the entire world is retarded, and not that they are right. Your argument that i cannot blame them for being retarded is just nonsense, when what i'm doing is just calling them on their retardation.

>I can't blame the White Lotus for deciding to send 2 teenagers to storm the capital of the Fire Nation on the day they were most powerful
1- they decide to go themselves
2- they had to attack other place and couldn't go with them, so they literally didn't have a choice
3- the ONLY alternative for them is agni-kai, because they don't have any way to fight against the goddamn fire nation army, even with the white lotus with them. So if they get the white lotus to come with them, Azula would not accept the agni-kai and they all would get killed by the opposing army. That's why they didn't gang up on Ozai as well; he could literally call his entire fucking army if he felt that things weren't going his way. But when only Aang came, he felt that he could deal with it.

>it would have been treated as the wrong decision
"because i say so". They didn't even show people's opinion on that matter. What we do know is that spirits are taking half of RC.

plot device mode won't help against an entire army powered by a comet. Avatars had died for far less.

>but the vines are just douchebags that don't care who they are retaliating against.
The vines are not shown to be rational, they're a force of nature. The spirit tree system was in pain, and it lashed out. Moreover, it lashed out because the SWAMP was attacked, which was an existence that was there long before the portals were open. Making it even harder to pin that one on Korra or the portals being open.

>If a character says that 2+2 is fish and some idiots agree, it doesn't mean that 2+2 is actually fish, or that everyone on the planet agrees that 2+2 is fish.
If a character says 2+2 = fish, and no one disagrees with them, and the show treats 2+2 as equaling fish, then they are right, no matter how much it's stupid to you. Maybe the world is retarded, yes, but you can't single out the character for being stupid or wrong if the world agrees with them.

>1
It was agreed upon by the wise elders, meaning the greatest minds of the planet agreed with them.
>2
There is no logical reason to prioritize attacking Ba Sing Se over taking down the Phoenix King and the Fire Lord, and their fleet of apocalyptic airships.
>3
That was never even the plan, they only went with it because Zuko decided he could beat Azula.
>That's why they didn't gang up on Ozai as well; he could literally call his entire fucking army if he felt that things weren't going his way.
The army that's spread out over the continent miles and miles away save for the "elite" mooks in his airship fleet? Yeah, good joke.

>They didn't even show people's opinion on that matter. What we do know is that spirits are taking half of RC.
They showed korra hailed a hero, they showed the spirit wilds became a popular tour location, and they showed even the people who had been against her before were supporting her now.
Face it buddy, the show treats her choice as generally correct. You can argue the writing is stupid, you cannot argue Korra herself is stupid-er than everyone who supported her decision.

>plot device mode won't help against an entire army powered by a comet
Dude, if an "army powered by the comet" was taken out by a handful of strong benders, they'd have no chance against an also comet-powered but also Avatar-State powered god of destruction.

>That was never even the plan, they only went with it because Zuko decided he could beat Azula.

Heck, they were even conveniently lucky that Azula decided to fire her entire staff of bodyguards and the army left in the capital.

>They don't show, so it does happen
"hey judge, i know there is my sperm in her, we were the only ones in the room, and she has signs of violence.. but i did not rape that woman!"

It's not about confirmation, but being very likely. We know spirits are assholes. That's just history. Why is it that you think that if we take a city and make it full of spirits, there won't be assholes?

>right after Vaatu half destroyed the place and Raiko spent weeks or months trying to deflect the blame off himself onto her
you also forget: and right after she opened the portals

>Koh didn't need portals to do mischief in the first place
that was an example for another thing. If you want spirits that couldn't bypass worlds without portals, there is plenty; the wolf from mother of faces, the mist spirit, the kemurikage, general old iron, the spider spirit in S02, the 83748437982 spirits that appear in the Wan episodes and that almost got humanity to extinction. At this point you're just strawmaning-- trying to change the arguments to make it easier to attack

>The fact of the matter is the show shows humans and spirits coexisting with practically no issues
no, it doesn't show this at all; vines constantly attacked in S03, and they even attacked in S04. Also, why are you again ignoring anything that is not S03? we see many signs that humans cannot coexist with spirits literally on the season before it, that is only a couple of weeks ago.

>if you'd watched the show you might now that Unalaq tricked her into that
she only was tricked on the first portal. The second one she choses to open.

>Korra decided to keep them open because based on what she saw
SHE LITERALLY SAW A WAR BETWEEN HUMANS AND SPIRITS, and again, the question is not IF coexistence is possible, but WHY.

>everyone supported her
the only one that talked about it was Tenzin, and he literally said that ending the past lives was a good thing. He is an idiot. Not making arguments =/= agreeing

>Right or wrong, the worst you can say about those decisions is they were as "stupid"
if they are stupid, they are wrong. How they treat it in the show is irrelevant for that. My entire argument was to point out that the decision is stupid, by the way.

Yeah, people really overrate the power boost from Sozin's Comet. While Ozai and other top tier firebenders get a massive power boost from it, the majority of the firebending mooks only get a marginal increase in power.

>he literally said that ending the past lives was a good thing.
He never said anything about that other than having to live with it.

He considered the portals being left open as a good thing because it brought the airbenders back.

>hey judge
"Hey judge, this guy commited a crime before, therefore he has now."
>you also forget: and right after she opened the portals
After she was tricked by the NWT's leader and water pope to (to which no one objected, mind you), and after having been denied aid to take him down, same guy who actually destroyed half of RC and created the troublesome vines.

>Strawmanning
How exactly? The most troublesome spirits shown were either capable of bypassing the portals, or left in the real world with the portals closed.

>no, it doesn't show this at all; vines constantly attacked in S03
Only when attacked directly, or indirectly, and you should remember, the vines didn't come because the portals were kept open.

>she only was tricked on the first portal. The second one she choses to open.
To save Jinora, yes, because she had to go in spirit form, in no small part because a certain world leader denied her aid, since the Plot decided it was very very important they close the first portal.

>SHE LITERALLY SAW A WAR BETWEEN HUMANS AND SPIRITS
In the past, yes, caused by Vaatu. So what? Humans war all the time.

>Not making arguments =/= agreeing
Not speaking up against something means you don't mind if it happens.

Wouldn't encasing herself in metal like that and getting shot with fire essentially be like being inside an oven?

Yes, but thankfully cartoon logic and plot armor keeps her alive.

>if they are stupid, they are wrong.
False. They would be wrong by real world standards, maybe, not bey in-universe standards.

>Yeah, people really overrate the power boost from Sozin's Comet.
Aang's AS waterbending was stronger than Ozai's Comet Firebending. The power isn't comparable.

Only under continuous fire.

Also meant for

>The vines are not shown to be rational
kidnapping people is very rational. It didn't randomly attack people, it kidnapped.

>the show treats 2+2 as equaling fish
in your language: "no one said anything, so it's true".

>then they are right
they are literally wrong. 2+2 is not fish. I could stop here, but i should also point out: there is a difference between statements and what is actually shown. If they SHOW that 2+2 is fish, it is right in that world. They didn't show, however, that spirits were actually good. Some people said they were, which is clearly different from what we see in the series. It's the equivalent of saying 2+2 is fish when mathematics is shown to behave normally in that world in practice.

>It was agreed upon by the wise elders
which doesn't mean they have any saying on the matter. And again, there is nothing else they could do.

>There is no logical reason to prioritize attacking Ba Sing Se
there is no logical reason in making a suicide attack in the fire nation

>That was never even the plan
yes, it was; at least Zuko planned that way. The alternative is a suicide attack. You were really thinking they planned to fight the entire FN army?

>The army that's spread out over the continent miles and miles away save for the "elite" mooks in his airship fleet
he could literally just run to his zeppelins, or to his army if he saw other enemies approaching. Let me remind you that with more people there is no way they could all get into the zeppelins. Anyway, the only reason he wasn't with his army in the first place was because he was fighting Aang. You really think that if an entire army appeared, he would just stay there to fight them all alone?

>They showed korra hailed a hero
wat?

>they showed the spirit wilds became a popular tour location
they show that they tried to make a zoo out of it, and it failed horribly, as people start to get attacked

>the show treats her choice as generally correct
"because i say so"

>if an "army powered by the comet" was taken out by a handful of strong benders
you mean the last fight? they took down the zeppelins, not the benders. Not really the same thing. Also, they literally wiped an entire nation with that power so they are much more powerful than you think. I should point out: Wan died trying to stop an army. Roku died trying to stop a volcano. Avatar state is hardly That strong.

>He never said anything about that other than having to live with it
rewatch the scene. He actually says it is a good thing because "they were too old".

>there is no logical reason in making a suicide attack in the fire nation
Preventing Operation Genocide the entire Earth Kindom?

>at least Zuko planned that way
Zuko never planned on an Agni Kai as evidenced by how Katara calls him out on why don't they fight her together and it could easily end like when he challenged Azula to one in the Book 2 finale: she says no and throws her army at him

>It didn't randomly attack people, it kidnapped.
It randomly attacked anyone near the vines and put them in pods. No, that is not rational behavior.
>in your language
Who's strawmanning now?

>they are literally wrong. 2+2 is not fish.
It is in their world, so they are literally right.
>They didn't show, however, that spirits were actually good
The narrative treated her decision as correct.

>which doesn't mean they have any saying on the matter. And again, there is nothing else they could do.
How so? They were the leaders of the resistance army and the mentors of most of the main characters. Their words had huge weight and there was plenty else they could do.

>there is no logical reason in making a suicide attack in the fire nation
So you agree the plan was retarded, but treated as sound. Glad you're beginning to see the light.

>yes, it was; at least Zuko planned that way.
No, he didn't. Watch the show again.

>he could literally just run to his zeppelins
The Zeppelins which were airborne over the vast continent of the Earth Kingdom? You think he could just "run back?"?

>wat?
Built her a statue even.
>they show that they tried to make a zoo out of it, and it failed horribly, as people start to get attacked
Actually it worked well, for several years, until the trouble in the swamp affected them.
>"because i say so"
Because the show says so.

When? All he tells her about the past lives in the book 3 premiere is that there is no going back to the past.

>you mean the last fight? they took down the zeppelins, not the benders
I mean the assault on Ba Sing Se, where a handful of benders trashed a large comet powered army of firebenders. The Zeppelins count too, since 1 bender and 2 teens defeated the elite comet powered troops inside with relative ease.

>Also, they literally wiped an entire nation with that power
In a sneak attack on an unsuspecting and largely peaceful population, yes.

>Wan died trying to stop an army. Roku died trying to stop a volcano.
Roku was over 90 years old, and Wan was likely about as old as well. The Avatar State is not invincible, but it's so powerful Aang's WATERBENDING was stronger than the comet-powered firebending of the strongest firebender in the world.
Yes, an army would certainly be beatable, especially when you're a plot-armored protagonist in a kid's show.

Either that or he knew all too well what Ursa's kids were like and which of them could be trusted with a sharp object.

>Hey judge, this guy commited a crime before, therefore he has now
you do realize that's not the point of my argument, right? i did it to show to you that "they don't show, so it doesn't happen" is wrong since you can use other events to have this sort of knowledge.

>After she was tricked by the NWT's leader and water pope to
why do you keep bringing topics that has nothing to do with what is being discussed? we were pointing out possible reasons as to why people hated her, and opening the portals is indeed something she did. Also, she choses to open the second portal.

>How exactly
man, you just made two strawman arguments on that exact post. Those two i pointed out up there. With that Koh thing i don't even know where you were planning to go with the conversation considering we were not even discussing spirits that could/could not bypass worlds.

>The most troublesome spirits shown were either capable of bypassing the portals, or left in the real world with the portals closed
what part of: "almost extinction of mankind" you did not understand? those spirits were all sent to the spirit world. Also, the point is not where they are, but that strong spirits CAN be trapped in a world. So yeah, there is probably thousands of strong spirits like the kemurikage trapped in the spirit world.

>Only when attacked directly
because the people standing idle being attacked by the vines were a real threat, huh? also, kidnapping innocent people is far from a 'reaction'.

>because she had to go in spirit form
>had to
no, she didn't. The entire logic of the plot is that Unalaq needs both portals. Her idea of going there conflicts with what is shown to her, so she is retarded according to the plot.

>caused by Vaatu
Vaatu only feeds the conflict, but humans and spirits were fighting for a long time

>Humans war all the time
and guess what: we try to keep distance or close control from the people that we normally get in war with.

I should also point out: humans go to war for rational reasons most of the time, and try to avoid it as much as possible. Spirits fight for bestial instincts or simply for being cunts. They are basically animals. It's like you're trying to compare living with a human being and living with a lion. Yeah, the lion does have certain degree of knowledge, and may even like him. Until you poke him somewhere he doesn't like, then he ends up killing you.

>Not speaking up against something means you don't mind if it happens
or perhaps the plot doesn't actually focused on said character or place. In ATLA we see many earth nation citizens not doing ANYTHING against the fire nation. Does that mean they don't have an opinion, or that you don't know their opinion?

>They would be wrong by real world standards, maybe, not bey in-universe standards
as i said in another post, world fact =/= shit they say. The event is more: "saying 2+2 is fish when already shown that Math doesn't work any differently from our world". Again, if spirits are shown to be assholes since ATLA, does one or two guys saying they are okay makes spirits good? no, as it conflicts with the setting.

>you do realize that's not the point of my argument, right
It is, though. You're saying bad things must have happened that the show never addressed simply because spirits were dicks ten millennia ago.

>we were pointing out possible reasons as to why people hated her, and opening the portals is indeed something she did.
But never implied to be a reason why people hated her. In fact, her opening of the first portal was welcomed with admiration.

>With that Koh thing i don't even know where you were planning to go with
You argued that Koh was making mischief because he was a dick. I pointed out the portals never stopped his dickery in the first place. Bravo portals korra you suck.

>what part of: "almost extinction of mankind" you did not understand?
Caused by Vaatu primarily, and happened tens or hundreds of thousands of years ago. Things have changed, Korra judged that to be the case, and the show in general supported her judgement.

>because the people standing idle being attacked by the vines were a real threat
No, they were simply at vine's reach. I honestly don't know where you're going with this, it is a fact the vines lashed out because of the attack on the Swamp.

>no, she didn't.
She did, because the plot demanded she did. If it wasn't necessary, someone would have pointed it out, be it one of her companions, mentors or even her past lives. But no one did, we are therefore to assume it was necessary, as much as it was to send 2 kids to topple the fire lord in the fire nation capital at the peak of the fire nation's power.

>Vaatu only feeds the conflict
Vaatu breached the material world in the first place, bringing with him legions of dark spirits.

>and guess what: we try to keep distance or close control from the people that we normally get in war with.
The United Republic of Nations is the direct antithesis of your logic.

>Preventing Operation Genocide the entire Earth Kindom
what part of SUICIDE ATTACK you didn't get. They would all get killed trying to fight the whole FN army.

>as evidenced by how Katara calls him out on why don't they fight her together
she points that out only after she notices that Azula sent her entire army away for the agni-kai

>it could easily end like when he challenged Azula to one in the Book 2 finale: she says no and throws her army at him
it could. And if they had the white lotus army there it is even more likely to end that way. As i said, the only way for that to work is for her to accept the agni-kai, which is more likely without two armies fighting.

>MFW Wrestling-style fusion scenes.

>I should also point out: humans go to war for rational reasons most of the time, and try to avoid it as much as possible
"The Fire Nation kicks ass and everyone else sucks, genocide time".

>or perhaps the plot doesn't actually focused on said character or place. In ATLA we see many earth nation citizens not doing ANYTHING against the fire nation. Does that mean they don't have an opinion, or that you don't know their opinion?
It means they were helpless civilians under fire nation rule already. And are you even serious? There were tons of episodes dedicated to discontent or resistance against the fire nation.

>The event is more: "saying 2+2 is fish when already shown that Math doesn't work any differently from our world"
Actually, it's more "Trying out to see if 2+2 equals fish now, having no one in the world disagree with this notion, and over the course of the next 2 seasons find results that mostly indicated 2+2 could be equal to fish".

>what part of SUICIDE ATTACK you didn't get. They would all get killed trying to fight the whole FN army.
Yet they went anyway? And won, even.

>she points that out only after she notices that Azula sent her entire army away for the agni-kai
The agni kai that was never in the plan and was only decided on because Zuko saw Azula was more batshit than usual?
>it could. And if they had the white lotus army there it is even more likely to end that way.
And since the Lotus destroyed the fire nation armies in Ba Sing Se, taking over the capital shouldn't be much harder.

Pre-show Sokka and Katara were isolated for a damn long tome though. They were the only teens for hundreds of miles.

>It randomly attacked anyone near the vines and put them in pods
a.k.a: kidnapping
and yeah, to kidnap anyone is a rational behavior.

>Who's strawmanning now
explaining =/= strawmaning. Not really meant to start or keep argument.

>It is in their world
how do you know it is that way if they didn't show it. You only have two guys saying 2+2 is fish. Hell, with spirits is even worst because the entire history points out to spirits being assholes when Korra opens the portal, so her actions actually conflict with the show.

>They were the leaders of the resistance army
the white lotus army, you mean. The one leading the resistance was Aang. And again, there is nothing else to do. Go with Aang, Ozai uses the FN army. Go with Zuko, Azula uses FN army + dai li.

>So you agree the plan was retarded, but treated as sound
you know i was talking about taking the army to a suicide attack. Going alone they have a CHANCE that there will be a duel. Going with many, it is 100% suicide. Allow me to point out once again a small detail you're missing: they don't actually have a good way to travel with an entire army to get there

>No, he didn't
first thing he does when he gets there is to challenge her to agni-kai. Katara only pointed out they could try to gang up on her after she saw Azula sending her troops away.

>The Zeppelins which were airborne over the vast continent of the Earth Kingdom
Ozai had no problem at all to fly with his firebenbding, so yeah. And once again, the reason he wasn't with them in the first place was to fight Aang, that was alone.

>Built her a statue even
someone did. Perhaps the person that helped rebuild the city. People don't get a say in it. Also, every avatar gets a statue, it's more of a standard thing.

>it worked well, for several years
[citation needed]

>Because the show says so
"the show says so by not saying, because all the millions of characters that didn't even get screen time consented by being quiet about it"

remember the "depends who you ask" part? rewatch that scene.

They are talking there about the decision of leaving the portals open

>a handful of benders
you mean: "a handful of masters, some of those firebenders, with the white lotus army"

>The Zeppelins count too, since 1 bender and 2 teens defeated the elite comet powered troops inside with relative ease
they defeated about 4-5 benders. And 'elite' in FN standards is not really that much. Strength in numbers, for them.

>In a sneak attack on an unsuspecting and largely peaceful population
basically: the southern water tribe

>Aang's WATERBENDING was stronger than the comet-powered firebending of the strongest firebender in the world.
not saying that one bender with comet will defeat the avatar. But they surely have a huge advantage in numbers with the comet. Consider that Aang avoided fighting the FN army alone even by the last season.

Are we still talking about R63 characters?

>TFW two anons arguing eats up the thread, when we could have had more r63 discussion

I guess it's too much to ask to have an ENTIRE thread that isn't shat up by autistic Korra defenders/haters. They're a Yin-Yang cancer, one cannot exist without the other.
400 posts wasn't a bad run.

>and yeah, to kidnap anyone
They were taken alive to be fed off. Animals can catch live prey.
>how do you know
Because they had the main character say 2+2= fish, not one of her companions or mentors disagree with it, and 3 years later you see 2s and 2s smelling pretty fishy.
>spirits being assholes
That's as superficial as saying "history points out to firebenders being assholes".
>someone did
The President? People were shown using the park and not defacing the statue, so it's safe to say her approval's up.
>[citation needed]
Watch. The. Show. 3 years passed between s3 and s4.
>"the show says so by not saying
"The show says so by never bringing up spirit troubles that aren't directly caused by human attacks, and showing people and spirits coexisting peacefully in different locations around the world".

>the white lotus army
The White Lotus army IS what's left of the resistance. You may have missed it, but the rest were captured by the fire nation.
>Ozai uses the FN army
The FN army that isn't anywhere close to their position, hundreds of miles away? Either way, better than having 3 kids try to take down said fire lord who apparently can summon his army from the void.
>Azula uses FN army + dai li.
The only reason she didn't was she went crazy, user. They had no way of knowing she wouldn't use her guards like she had before, and the Agni Kai as never, EVER part of the plan. Azula's capture/defeat was.
>suicide attack
As opposed to sending 5 kids in 2 separate suicide attacks, while the army goes on their own suicide attack against another, comet-powered army behind the greatest fortifications in the world.
>agni-kai
Because he saw she was off her rocker and decided it was the better option. They couldn't have known she was crazy, and never assumed she would be. Watch the show.
>was to fight Aang
You know what I'm done arguing ATLA with you, since you clearly don't remember shit.

>The only reason she didn't was she went crazy, user. They had no way of knowing she wouldn't use her guards like she had before, and the Agni Kai as never, EVER part of the plan. Azula's capture/defeat was.

She didn't go crazy. She had a breakdown.

>you mean: "a handful of masters
Of non-comet powered masteres, none of which were as strong or as skilled as the avatars of the past, not even together.
>they defeated about 4-5 benders
Comet powered ones, personal guard of the fire lord. With only 1 bender, a boomerang and a little girls punches.

>basically: the southern water tribe
Would have been eradicated as well, if they'd been sneak attacked by Azulon's entire army, yes.
>not saying that one bender with comet will defeat the avatar.
If 5 masters with no comet can defeat an army of comet power fire benders, why can't the Avatar State Powered AND Comet Powered Avatar do the same?

>Consider that Aang avoided fighting the FN army alone even by the last season.
You do realize he couldn't use the Avatar State, right?

>You're saying bad things must have happened that the show never addressed simply because spirits were dicks ten millennia ago
No, my point is to prove to you that even if something is not shown, there are ways to take some sort of knowledge into account. So basically your original phrase (they don't show so it doesn't happen) is wrong. My point is not to say that every spirit will behave a certain way, but that according to history, most spirits did, some of them did just weeks ago in S02, and opening the portals is a ridiculous idea when you know that. Consider for a second that people may die because of that choice.

>her opening of the first portal was welcomed with admiration
so, you're just going to use headcanon?

>You argued that Koh was making mischief because he was a dick
No. i was arguing that if we know his past, and he appears in one scene doing nothing, it doesn't mean from that point on that he is completely innocent because we know his history. Please, read everything before replying; what was being discussed is not Koh himself. I could use any other example of any spirit to make the same point.

>Caused by Vaatu primarily
Vaatu was trapped by Raava when the humans were living in turtles.

>Korra judged that to be the case
she had no basis to make such a judgement, and that's why it's a retarded idea. The show does not "support her judgement". Actually, it is even a point in S04 that she may have caused all the chaos in S03 by opening the portals (as she says herself) so her judgement is clearly questioned. Vines fucking shit up in S03/S04 also put to question if spirits are that good.

>I honestly don't know where you're going with this
your argument is that she responds only when attacked directly. And again, kidnapping people is a conscient response.

>She did, because the plot demanded she did
toppest of keks. The plot itself show us that Unalaq needed both portals open. Going to the spirit world was her choice, and a retarded one.

>If it wasn't necessary, someone would have pointed it out
They're not the ones that had visions. That said, that would only make them retarded as well . That has nothing to do with where the plot is going.

>or even her past lives
it's not easy to contact/get contacted to the past lives that aren't the closest ones to you. That's why Aang could only contact Roku with ease.

>as much as it was to send 2 kids to topple the fire lord in the fire nation capital at the peak of the fire nation's power
the difference being this was Actually needed, as any other attack would result in Azula/Ozai using the army against them. There was also no way to get to Ozai/Azula with an army without being noticed, or in time.

>bringing with him legions of dark spirits
[citation needed]

>The United Republic of Nations is the direct antithesis of your logic
can you just walk in Russia? or are they start to make questions to you? i'm talking about keeping actual distance, user.

>boy toph
no

>My point
I don't want to argue the real wisdom of opening the portals. I am simply stating the obvious fact that the narrative treats opening the portals as a good thing, and they did so among other things by showing people and spirits coexisting, past and future.
>so, you're just going to use headcanon?
No, the show. Watch it.
>because we know his history
You can't argue the reverse either, so as long as there's no evidence of either and the show's narrative indicates there's peace, you have to assume there's peace, even if Avatar Enforced.
>Vaatu was trapped
Vaatu was not trapped by Raava when the spirits took over. When Vaatu was trapped by Raava, you are shown spirits coexisting with humans in certain places. This is meant to show you, narratively, that coexistence wasn't impossible.
>she had no basis
She based it on the aforementioned coexistence she saw. Whether you think the risk was worth it or not is irrelevant, the show treats it as worth it and ultimately a positive thing. As for the Chaos of S03, that "chaos" brought back the entire air nation, so you're pretty daft if you think that's meant to be taken as a strike against her. The Vines were made by Vaatu and only fucked shit up when directly attacked, and were shown to coexist with people peacefully for years between B3 and B4.
>only when attacked directly
Which is directly shown. Pay attention.
>Going to the spirit world was her choice
A choice that was supported by her companions and advisors and treated as necessary by the narrative. 2+2 = fish.
>visions.
Korra narrated her visions to them. They agreed. The plot decided it was important.
>past lives
Korra's past lives just seriously didn't give a fuck though.
>[citation needed]
Watch the show, retard. He says this when he's fighting Wan.
>keeping actual distance, user.
They created a nation designed to NOT keeping actual distance, user, but the direct opposite.

>The Fire Nation kicks ass and everyone else sucks, genocide time
taking other lands is a rational reason. They have resources you want. The genocide only happened to avoid the avatar from stopping them. That's the whole reason as to why they wiped the air nation and started to attack the water nation (next avatar cycle). That said, Ozai got more irrational by the end of S03 (only on the final moments of a war that took a hundred years, really). Nevertheless, my point stands that most of the time, war happens for rational reasons. Spirits, like animals, attack you for the lolz.

>It means they were helpless civilians under fire nation rule already
First of, let me point out your original phrase: "not speaking up against something means you don't mind if it happens".
So according to you, being dominated is not important; the real question is: do they aprove of that government? according to you, they do. Because they didn't do anything.

>There were tons of episodes dedicated to discontent or resistance against the fire nation
and there were tons of villages that supported the FN, according to your logic.

>having no one in the world disagree with this notion
the setting disagrees with that notion, as we know what spirits are capable of for a long time now.

>over the course of the next 2 seasons find results that mostly indicated 2+2 could be equal to fish
like, the vines attacking people? also, why ignore the other seasons and only counts the last two?

It was pretty obvious that Pidge was the female Voltron pilot, we all knew there was going to be, at least, one.

Thanks for killing the thread

>Yet they went anyway? And won
as i explained already: the suicide part is to go with an army. Going alone they have a CHANCE that they will take them on a duel. They don't even have a way to get there with an army anyway, not without being seen or being slow, which means fighting with the FN army.

>since the Lotus destroyed the fire nation armies in Ba Sing Se, taking over the capital shouldn't be much harder
how exactly taking the goddamn capital of your enemy-- that just defeated 3 nations, by the way, is easier than taking a city that is outside of enemy territory?

What's the difference?

Korra is trying to connect with the past lives on that part. She says that she couldn't connect and Bolin asks if that's a bad thing Korra says 'depends who you ask" because on teh scene before that, when she was talking with Tenzin, he says that to her, because the past lives were too old and she didn't need them.

>Nevertheless, my point stands that most of the time, war happens for rational reasons. Spirits, like animals, attack you for the lolz.
Spirits only attacked en masse because of vaatu though.
>Because they didn't do anything.
They're repeatedly shown either doing something, or voicing discontent. So yeah, that's clear evidence that the fire nation rule was frowned upon. Feel free to find something similar about spirits.
>and there were tons of villages that supported the FN
There were many that didn't care anymore, yes, because the war had been going over a hundred years. Pay attention. It is a plot point both in the series and the follow up comics.
>the setting disagrees with that notion, as we know what spirits are capable of for a long time now.
We also know what the fire nation is capable of, yet coexistence being possible is also a plot point.
>like, the vines attacking people?
Only in retaliation to attacks? Seems fair.
>the other seasons and only counts the last two?
Because spirits were non-existent in the first one, and mind controlled in the second by spirit satan, and because the decision to keep the portals open only happened at the end of the second season. Isn't that obvious?
>as i explained already: the suicide part is to go with an army.
Now THAT'S headcanon. Feel free to show where the show implies they were relying on fair single combat with Azula. They didn't even need to take a whole army, just say, the five masters that almost single handedly destroyed one in Ba Sing Se.
>how exactly taking the goddamn capital
The capital of the enemy whose army was mostly spread out around the globe and whose main military efforts were focused in Ba Sing Se and the new initiative of the Zeppelins?
Seems like a much better option, especially considering it actually made sense as a target, Ba Sing Se didn't.

And Damn it, I said I wouldn't talk about ATLA anymore yet here I am.

Also as much as I enjoy this stubborn back-and forth, I am gonna have to go now. Not to claim victory or anything, just that I won't be able to reply to your imminent nitpicky rebuttal if you still care to make it.

>Keeping Azula female ensures the original relationship themes from the original are retained.
Which seems pointless in an AU.

I prefer a complete switch, because there are interesting scenarios that unfold because of it.
Sure, we know the evil, pampered princeling trope.
But there's an interesting difference here, because Azulon is allowed to be scarily competent.

Usually these sort of characters are mere pawns and oblivious to the scope of the actual conflict, like Prince John in most Robin Hood incarnations.

Adding the dimension that Azulon is a man that is used to using and abusing women, not because of any gender politics, but simply because of his psychosis.

There's just a lot of stuff to mess with, especially in his relation to Ty Lee and Mai, which would end less in a "I love him more than I fear you" and more in a "sisters are doing it for themselves" way.

>They were taken alive to be fed off
>vines
>eating
wat?

>Because they had the main character say 2+2= fish, not one of her companions or mentors disagree with it
which doesn't mean in the setting that 2+2 is fish. And again, in this particular setting we see spirits fucking shit up all the time. Why is it that you expect this NOT to happen when you open the portal? and guess what: spirits are still cunts after the portals are open. The show only bothers to focus on the vines, but that's pretty much it: nothing changed, and there is no reason to believe it did.

>That's as superficial as saying "history points out to firebenders being assholes"
Firebenders are also humans, and we know that humans can be reasoned with. Not only that, their 100 years war is very small to categorize all firebenders as assholes, and we even get a good look at some of them to prove otherwise. Spirits, on the other hand, consistently act like assholes, through the entire series, and are shown to be that way all the time, since the goddamn Wan episodes.

>The President
most likely Asami

>People were shown using the park and not defacing the statue
why would educated people deface a statue?

>so it's safe to say her approval's up
honestly? this sums up your entire line of thinking.
"they are not destroying her statue, so this means they like her"

can you really not see anything wrong with that? there are plenty of statues in my city of people i don't like. I don't go destroying them. But according to you, inaction is the same as aproving, for some reason. As i already showed to you, that is wrong.

>3 years passed between s3 and s4
and where it is stated that the zoo has been going on for 3 years?

>The show says so by never bringing up spirit troubles that aren't directly caused by human attacks
that's no different from what i said, and as i already pointed out to you, that is wrong.

>showing people and spirits coexisting peacefully
[citation needed].

>none of which were as strong or as skilled as the avatars of the past, not even together
that requires a lot of assumption

>With only 1 bender
a Metalbender, you mean, and a very skilled fighter. It's not like they can even use the full power of the firebending inside a zeppelin anyway.

>Would have been eradicated as well
that's my point. And korra would not run, and she would die.

>5 masters with no comet can defeat an army of comet power fire benders
they had their own army, and again, ba sing se is not even in enemy territory.

>why can't the Avatar State Powered AND Comet Powered Avatar do the same
free ba sing se, you mean?

>You do realize he couldn't use the Avatar State
oh, why is that? because he lost to a small army. Who knew, right?

>I am simply stating the obvious fact that the narrative treats opening the portals as a good thing
not if you take into consideration what we know of the setting, and what happened so far. Hell, in S02 they were attacked by spirits left and right, and that is shown. Not even corrupted ones. I think you're mistaken what characters say for narrative.

>showing people and spirits coexisting
when did they even show that? the village in the desert? the ones people were literaly kicking spirits out of their homes? RC, where people get attacked by vines all the time? and should we ignore past narratives? because there are plenty of spirits acting like assholes back then.

>the show. Watch it
if you tell me exactly where

>as long as there's no evidence
I cannot assume peace from a statical situation; as i said, there is plenty of evidence of spirits being assholes, so if you open the portals there is a big chance of getting assholes out of it. Is that hard to understand? do you really want me to tell you all the times spirits were assholes? because it's a lot.

>Vaatu was not trapped by Raava when the spirits took over
that would require a lot of assumption as to how much time he's being trapped, and if he tried to corrupt spirits when he was not, and if that was the reason humans were almost extinct. Regardless of that, we are actually shown taht spirits are STILL forcing humans into the turtles even with Vaatu restricted.

>When Vaatu was trapped by Raava, you are shown spirits coexisting with humans in certain places
in ONE place, you mean: with the air nomads. This has been discussed before, but the only reason as to why spirits were able to live with the air nomads is because they completely changed their ways. This means that to live with spirits on this era, it would be necessary to regress to that point and change for the sake of spirits, because spirits themselves aren't willing to change. So why have them?

>aforementioned coexistence she saw
the one that only took place because humans weren't cutting trees or eating meat. Why not leave the spirits where they are so humans can do whatever the fuck they want?

>the show treats it as worth it and ultimately a positive thing
only if you ignore that spirits are assholes in ATLA, in the comics, and in S02. Also: we only get tenzin talking, so what's with the whole 'the show treats it that way'?

>that "chaos" brought back the entire air nation
air bending, not air nation. Having a new air trick doesn't change anything. And having "the air nation back" is completely useless. What doeshaving a bunch of benders change? also, you're comparing a fucking air trick to people getting killed and raped through the land. Korra herself said that perhaps it was a bad thing as in the end.

>Korra's past lives just seriously didn't give a fuck though
they can't contact her from nothing. It's just like with Aang.

>He says this when he's fighting Wan
i don't think he does. But i don't think that's relevant anyway. As i pointed out, non-corrupted spirits are the ones forcing humans in turtles.

>They created a nation designed to NOT keeping actual distance
so you can just walk into Russia and live there? answer the question.

actually, answer in a few hours, gonna sleep a little.

>answer in a few hours, gonna sleep a little.
>Implying thread will be alive

Wasn't there a fairly decent fan comic that took this seriously?

I think Aku intended to shame Jack into giving up his role or something but, after sweating over it for a bit, Jack/Jackie decides to give zero fucks.

Bakugou would be great too though.
>Hey Deku, you piece of shit. If I ever catch you looking at another woman again, I'll blow your tiny sausage clean off.