What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently?

I would have had Cap behead Tony.
Turn and pick up Bucky
Heroic music starts to swell.
Captain America "Looks like he lost his head!"
They both walk towards the camera, laughing
cut to credits.

Put Zemo in the purple sock when he's going to the base. Would've silenced all the "not muh"s.

Make the movie about the Civil War instead of Winter Soldier Part 2 with a Civil War B-Story.

Make Zemo piss in a jar, disguise it as peach tea and give it to General Ross.

I would have made an actual Cap 3 and not Avengers 2.5 featuring EVERYBODY.

Don't get me wrong, kudos to the Russos for doing it well enough but all those characters still pulled overall movie down.

They were barely in it. Cap and Stark were front and center.

Include Vision and War Machine in the opening fight scene so we can see The "New avengers" team in action.

Had everyone be naked.

Yeah, same. They did the best job they could with this movie but it still feels like Chris Evans got cheated out of his third movie despite doing a good job in the first two.

Though the writers on the audio commentary sound like their original plot - which would have just been about the search for Bucky and someone trying to reactivate his brainwashing - never had a good ending.

i wanted the fight to be more personal to the characters. the conflicts had been quietly jerking off the whole franchise, and then they ignored it.
it was made clear that tony and cap had different ideals, but those differences never made them fight. it was just muh parents murder.

the accords and the people coming to talk to tony were retarded
'you murdered my son by not saving him from those bad guys' 'my mom would have lived if you had let those guys win or something' 'superheroes arent good enough for me wah wah my stupid building is more important than a crowd full of people'

It was a stealth mission.

Based on the recent interviews, it seems like Captain America will be the pivotal character of the "Infinity War" movies, with a storyline about him rediscovering his purpose after leaving the shield behind, and probably sacrificing himself in the end.

beautiful

also, no spiderman

Not give away the fact Spider-Man is in it in the trailer.

why, the who was under attack

Only black panther and bucky story.

No Accords, Steve doesnt need to be an interventionist fascist cunt.

Yeah, you're right.
It should've been Iron Man 4.

Vision can phase through objects and War Machine could have been called in once it ceased to be a stealth mission.

>Steve doesnt need to be an interventionist fascist cunt.

He wasn't.

Less Stark. Way less emotional weight on Stark.

>MIT my parents died 25 years ago and I'm still so so sad about it
>Guilted by mother for AoU
>Oh and Pepper sadness! She's not at the event!
>More Pepper left me geez Steve you're so insensitive for the pregnancy comment
>I'm so stressed why are you guys leaving coffee grounds in the sink
>More guilt guilt guilt
>Touching scene where Stark manipulates and inspires young child into joining war
>My robot just shot down my best friend
>Grrr Vision how could you let this happen
>Grrr Natasha you double agent all along I am betrayed by everyone
>Wow suddenly I know the truth and I'm going to be a hero! Oh no Ross says no, I'll do it anyway!
>Oops nope the whole thing turns out to be about my dead parents all along die Bucky die!
>My best friend is struggling to walk again even though we barely get to see the aftermath of Steve or his friends after the fight oops wait on tiny scene implying that he breaks the Avengers out meanwhile Tony is the one on the phone and Steve is just a voiceover in his own movie what the fuck

The emotional journey of Stark is way more explored for this to be considered a Captain America movie. More emphasis on Rhodey than on Sam. Way more emphasis on Tony's past than Steve's. Steve doesn't even get a flashback while Tony/Howard get two. Tony interacts with way more characters, has more important scenes. They really overcorrected in attempts to make this a more balanced movie.

Put something in a previous film that would actually justify the Accords instead of sugarcoating everything and retroactively pretending that a huge grim tragedy took place.

Sokovia was actually a perfect justification for it.

I would have added Daredevil and Luke Cage and the Fantastic Four and all those other characters that were also in the original story

Have Cap explain why he's ok with unlimited power in this movie but wasn't ok with shield having it in Winter Soldier. Because honestly I can't explain it.

He wasn't. He agreed that accountability was important, he just didn't trust the United Nations and believe the Avengers were better as an independent organization.

I don't know why people forget that he accepted the U.N.'s demands and was ready to retire when the Accords were passed and he refused to sign them. He only went back when Bucky became involved.

I'd've hailed Hydra.

have the x-men walk in afterwards and start asking the non mutants why they waited so long to have that discussion.

oh wait they're just going to have the same argument in civil war 2 because the narrative perpetuates itself without bothering to ask mutants what they think

you mean Ultron dropping a city from the sky, Hulk's rampages, Wanda's terrorist acts, and Tony carrying out multiple military strikes on foreign soil?

Thank you for clearing that up. No sarcasm, that bothered me.

No problem. They deleted a brief scene about it. I guess they shouldn't have because it appears a lot of Cred Forums didn't pick up on it.

Literally a perfect script. Would fuck the writers of it desu

this

a Captain America movie would've been fine

Why wouldn't they give a lot of screen time to the primary antagonist?

Have giant man put his giant dick in scarlet witch vagine

Have Steve Austin do a run-in during the Airport scene and lay everyone out with a Steel chair.

No. It's a Captain America movie first.

The only thing I would have done is to make some way to have Sharon a lil bit more, or make the airport fight more even.

Outside that, it was pretty much a really damn good movie, that found the way to make every character matter in some way, while you still feel the Tony/Bucky/Cap story is completely told.

Millar's CW is shit, SHIT

I would have not adapted Civil War and made a true Captain America sequel.

The very first thing I'd do is reference Daredevil/Jessica Jones. They wouldn't even have to actually show up, but a throwaway line along the lines of "we tried to pick up the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, but we couldn't find him in time" would have given me a smile.

Secondly: Coulson. I can think of no reason for this to not be the movie he returns in. It would have been at the end, replacing the jailbreak scene:

>Coulson steps off helicopter, informs Ross he's here to pick up the jailed Avengers, Ross gets all pissy.
"With all due respect, I answer directly to the president, and you can't take these prisoners from this facility."
Cue;
"With all due respect, I answer directly to the president, and you can't stop me from taking these prisoners from this facility."
*credit roll*

Less pandering, more focus on the Captain America parts

Have cap do a sex scene with Sharon

>that coulson scene
Would've been cool but it contradicts what's going on in AoS.

Only now

The whole airport fight was just obvious fanservice for 15 minutes, which made it hard to take the rest of the movie serious, it was like kids playing around too much, till someone got hurt and then everyone was whining around and blaming each other.

>an actual serious civil war fight instead of quipping and playing around while destroying an airport.
>Wanda vs Vision, keeping each other busy at first and then fighting at their full power as things escalate
>Black Widow in the background instead of the frontline

Then there is the last fight

>Iron Man beating the shit out of Cap and Bucky as it should be

He even said to Spider Man to aim for the legs which he never did.

>Iron Man being the one to almost kill Cap and then pull back as he decides not to

It was such an anticlimatic moment as Cap wasn't as emotional as Tony at the moment, so he had no reason to kill Tony and it was obvious he wouldn't, Tony on the other hand was angry and conflicted enough to actually go through with it.

Bucky put down for killing people. Mind control is a poor excuse. He knew people could flip his switch and he did nothing to stop it. I wouldn't forgive an alcoholic who says he was going sober and then proceeding to meet with his friends inside a bar only to get drunk and kill a bus full of nuns.

He knew he was a threat to society and he planted himself right in the middle of it. He deserved to be killed

Little Less Stark.
Also revealed that Ross had quicksilver alive and has managed to disable his powers with a collar. Would have had him particepate in the airport fight on starks side

Cameo by wasp in airport fight, she gets ant-man out of there and he is never taken to the raft.

>Not having Capt carry Bucky while Up Where We Belong plays them out.

Tsk tsk.

Stark's scenes were longer than Steve's.

> Steve and Wanda scene is fairly brief.
> Tony and Peter scene is very long.
> Steve and Sam scene is brief
> Tony and MIT is long
> Tony and mom is long
> Tony and his team lots of chat
> Steve and his team much less
> Most Steve/Bucky interactions are surprisingly short.

Fascist is not the word you're looking for.

You forgot the dozens of innocent windows that were shattered when the dark elves tried to destroy the entire universe! It was well and truly time that these loose cannon Avengers be put on a leash so they stop endangering the lives of hundreds of people in the process of saving them.

Yes it is. Americans don't know what fascism is.

I wouldn't have done Civil War whatsoever. I would've done a different movie entirely;
>Captain America: Zemo
Or
>Captain America: The Serpent Society

Either way, I would've gone back to the focus of Cap thwarting the bad guys. In "Zemo," I would have had Zemo in costume (his face never seen) lead a broken faction of HYDRA and other criminals in a bid to hunt down Bucky. Crossbones would have had a much bigger role, and the focus would've been on Cap, Falcon, Wanda, and Bucky stopping Zemo from his mysterious obsession of killing Steve. Batroc would return as a henchman as well, and introduce Flag Smasher as a terrorist who agrees to join Zemo in a bid to prove his cause, already with a high tech outfit and mace.

"Serpent Society" would be about a mysterious benefactor funding a group of snake-themed assassins to carry out various assassinations of the world, and Steve and friends have to figure out who and why. Moreso, this same group is after Bucky as well, and wants him in one piece. The reveal is that the funder is Red Skull, who returned almost 2 decades ago and has been rebuilding his fortune, scientific resources, and men ever since.

At no fucking point would I feature Tony or the other Avengers. At most Spidey and BP would be on a monitor screen.

Don't call it Civil War, make it a standalone Cap film with only cameos from other characters, leave Civil War until later because it's too fucking early in the MCU's history for this shit. The movie should have been just about the search for Bucky and maybe Black Panther and that's it.

Plus with the number of people involved, it was less a Civil War and more a Civil Dispute.

>Put something in a previous film that would actually justify the Accords instead of sugarcoating everything and retroactively pretending that a huge grim tragedy took place.

>Loki's attack was Thor's responsability
>Keeping Loki on earth was Shield's, Cap, and Tony's fault
>The attack of new york was Fury's, Shield, Thor's and Tony's fault
>Iron man 2 and 3 were Tony's fault
>Hulk being Hulk
>Ultron was Tony's and Banner's fault
>Wanda was to blame for Hulk's attack
>Wanda was sidekick to the murder robot
>murder robot almost destroys the planet
>Steve failed to stop the winter soldier
>Steve and his team were to blame for the African deaths in CW
>Black widow and Hawkeye are literally hired killers
>Thor is the brother of a guy that tried to conquer the planet

There's no argument against the accords.

If Steve's were longer it would had been harder to side with him.

BvS is to Civil War as Armageddon is to Deep Impact.

>He knew people could flip his switch and he did nothing to stop it.

He went off the grid and kept disappearing whenever there was a chance he was found.

I would have put a lock on Cred Forums so that if you post there you are locked from posting on other boards for a short while, I would remove Cred Forums mods and replace them with new ones, Remove Cred Forums threads and ether A. make a new board called Comic Adaptations or B. Just keep them in Cred Forums

>>Loki's attack was Thor's responsability
>>Keeping Loki on earth was Shield's, Cap, and Tony's fault
>>The attack of new york was Fury's, Shield, Thor's and Tony's fault
>>Iron man 2 and 3 were Tony's fault

You're stretching too far.

Other way around.

>He went off the grid and kept disappearing whenever there was a chance he was found

You can't go "off the grid" in the middle of a european capital.

Of the Grid could mean living in the middle of Patagonia, Siberia, Canada, the Australian outback.

Also why people think Shot to kill isnt right with a known terrorist? When a known terrorist is busted the norm, in EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY is to Kill him at least he surrender, and by surrender i mean they are pretty much naked facing the floor with their hands on the air. The minute Bucky saw he was framed he should had gone to a police station and ask for Steve Rogers to talk with and explain himself.

And as someone said, mindcontrol doesnt make him innocent.

Dude what? BvS is totally kin with Armageddon in all its stylised weirdness and maximalist verve. Deep Impact is the more tasteful and ultimately forgettable counterpart.

But deep Impact didnt look like a cheap tv show and people were allowed to get hurt.

It's not a perfect comparison but I think it holds.

>BATTLE OF GHETTYSBURG WHEN!!!

>The minute Bucky saw he was framed he should had gone to a police station and ask for Steve Rogers to talk with and explain himself.

And get killed.

Most of the fight mission was also in the middle of crowds of civilians.

Granted Vision might still be useful, but War Machine uses a lot of heavy ordinance, which isn't a good idea when squishy civilians are nearby.

To be fair, most of the people there were teammates with each other. The only people not really involved were Ant-Man who's good-hearted deep down, Spider-Man who's just a kid, and Black panther who really only hates Bucky at that time.

The rest are all friends, or at least allies, in the middle of a disagreement between mutual friends. No surprise they're not taking the fight all that seriously/trying to seriously hurt each other.

>No surprise they're not taking the fight all that seriously/trying to seriously hurt each other.

No drama either. Having a reason for the fight being lame doesn't make it any less lame.

The ending would've been mad bomb, right? With maybe some serpent society in there somewhere.

There was plenty enough tension.

No. That was literally a backup when Ike Permultter refused to pay RDJ's fee. And Serpent Society was NEVER in the cards.

You're right, I wasn't actually bored. Thanks for the correction dickhole.