Cred Forums says show is bad

>Cred Forums says show is bad
>it's actually great

Too bad it's opposite day!

Well finish S1 then get back to us after S2.

First time I watched it I enjoyed it as well.

Then I took a step back and realized how many things simply don't work from the story-telling perspective.

I have watched S2 and that's the most baffling thing to me. It was supposed to be the worst season in the history of everything, but I enjoyed most of it.

Congratulations, you have shit taste.

Don't make fun of him, it's terminal and he's only got a few months to live.

See, here's the thing though. Just because you enjoyed it, doesn't mean it was actually good. You know what my favorite cape movie is? Honest to god- Batman and Robin. I can't help it, I just love the shit out of how silly that movie is, right down to the god damned bat-nipples.

But that doesn't change the fact that, objectively, it's one of the worst movies ever made. It has set the comic book-based movies in ways that are hard to even begin to describe. It has created an aura of fear around creating any media based on comic books for an entire decade.

And the same is true for season 2 of Korra. You might have enjoyed it user, but it's bad. It's really, really bad. Not Batman and Robin levels bad, but still incredibly, awfully, horribly bad.

>Cred Forums says a series is x
>It's actually a + on its side

>you liked it but it's not good because I say so

I can go into details if you like, but I assumed you have already been explained to you why it's bad, since you already know Cred Forums's opinion on it.

>a bad thing is good because i like it

Wasted Potential: The Show

I can't blame the showrunners cause Nick being so schizo with the scheduling and budget caused most of the problems.

wow korra haters showing how pathetic thay are again

Hell, I think Legend of Korra is critically good and still think Season 2 was a crock of shit. There's just no way about it, despite having some potential the season just really didn't live up to any of its promise.

Compare to S3 and the difference is both stark and drastic.

>a movie or series can be critiqued objectively

>OP says he's straight
>it's actually a huge cocksucking faggot

Hey man, I liked malibu's most wanted, doesn't mean it's a good movie.

Is it fair to say korra is skub for Cred Forums?

Agreed I found season 3 to be the worse season.

>Season 2
>Beginnings episode surprised me how well done they were
>Spirit world was one of my favorite aspects of TLA and glad to see it expanded
>Killed off past lives to solidify "new age" avatar

>Season 3
>fucking new benders because we need a plot point
>New airbenders are a bunch of assholes and NEETs
>Enemies are the worst and a bunch of mary sues
>Red lotus has the dumb "chaos is order"
>guy who never bended reads one quote and can fly

Season 2 had its flaws like the villan becoming too much of a 1 dimensional character at the end (actually liked the idea of a man trying to reconnect with spirits but come on calling yourself the dark avatar is retarded) but nothing as bad as season 3.

I couldn't get past the second episode, it just didn't hook me.
Sounds like I saved myself a lot of frustration.

I really liked the spirit world stuff too, and I thought the dark avatar was an interesting idea. Could have been really great with a more interesting villain than Unalaq.

No.

I like the idea of an anti avatar but the name "dark avatar" just comes off as the villain calling himself "big baddie" instead of something that more paints himself in a more righteous manner. More time dedicated to him and his point of view would have really help the season a lot

The first half of season 2 was awful because of how bitchy Korra was. The second half after beginnings was better,.but the ending with the dark avatar, giant korra and Jinora saving the day out of nowhere killed it for me.

I can agree with you on most of those. The start of the season still sticks with the worst parts of season 1 like the teen drama. I didn't mind the idea of a dark avatar and giant fight since TLA had Aang as a giant koi fish and the idea of two ying yang like spirits going at it once again brought back some appropriate parallels.

I cannot defend Jinora even after all the justifications on why it makes sense it just felt too much like some Deus Ex Machina

>I cannot defend Jinora even after all the justifications on why it makes sense

There is no justification for Jinora. It makes sense in Book 3 but even that is a stretch. The whole finale was molded to make the final battle a possibility. Everything that happened, happened so that the final battle would be the most plausible scenario. The ending was the cause of how the episode was written, the writing wasn't the cause of how the ending played out.
It never and can not make sense for what Jinora did, or even why that was needed in the first place since it negates what Korra does.

His point of view was that he wanted to rule both realms and have humans be beneath spirits. Any more time dedicated to that would be wasted.

>user ignore major flaws and plotholes in the show
>claims it's great

>Spirit world was one of my favorite aspects of TLA and glad to see it expanded
they are completely changed to fairyland bullshit instead of dark and mysterious.

are you really arguing this is a good thing?

>It was supposed to be the worst season in the history of everything, but I enjoyed most of it
you just ignored most of it. That's the only explanation.

>I didn't mind the idea of a dark avatar and giant fight since TLA had Aang as a giant koi fish
the difference is that the fucking fish is actually stated and shown to be an ancient and strong spirit. The giant Korra is never stated or shown nowhere. Hell, Korra wasn't even the Avatar at the time, she literally lost Raava. There is zero reason for her to turn into a giant.

checked

what does that even mean.

I saw LoK before i saw ATLA, and i didnt find season 2 to e any worse than the rest of LoK. it takes the lore of the setting in a direction a lot of people weren't happy with, but aside from that it had the exact same flaws as the rest of the series.

I don't know.. many of the decisions in S02 were idiotic. It made people more dumb than what they actually are. This also happened in other seasons, don't get me wrong-- ('amon is a waterbender' from S01 and 'let's fight the most dangerous crimminals alone' from S03) but S02 manages to make it worst. It's not one or two characters; it's everyone. I think there is not even one character in S02 that didn't do something stupid. Perhaps Asami, but because she didn't do shit.

I can see change in tone of the spirit world would be off putting but I found it enjoyable enough (there is also a soft spot for Wan Shi Tong in my heart and seeing him again made those episodes worth it.

At first I got kinda mad at killing off the past lives since Aang barely got one extra lifetime but I thought if they killed them off the isolation Korra would have to face and the lack of Avatar mentors would lead to a better season. It also differentiated Korra and the time period of the world as a Pre convergence and Post convergence.

Huh must have been a while since i've watched season 2. Yeah ruling two worlds is kinda dumb i must have only remembered the only reasonable part of his ideology.

This. I didn't give a shit about any of the characters in season 2 because they were either one dimensional or retarded. At least season 3 made Korra and the others somewhat likeable.

Korra wasn't the Avatar at the time so there was no two yin yang in a struggle again. Raava was ripped out and had lost.

If they had shown Korra being spiritual throughout the season and had done season 1 better, then at least I could buy that she successfully connected to the cosmic energies of the universe and let her spirit take a form that could stand up to Vaatu+Unalaq's monster. But she was too all over the board in season 2 for me to really say "Yeah she gets the hang of spirituality now."

checked :^)

>'let's fight the most dangerous crimminals alone'
Tenzin, Sokka, Zuko, and Tonraq did it. Korra had the Avatar State and Mako is a prodigy god lightning perfectly zen enlightened mind so they could do it too.

Taking on the most dangerous criminals is equivalent to 4 kids taking on the Earth King's forces and later on the Fire Nation military anyway.

>I found it enjoyable enough
you just have low standards

>I thought if they killed them off the isolation Korra would have to face and the lack of Avatar mentors would lead to a better season
the issue is not that they got killed, is that Korra single-handedly killed them. She is literally the worst avatar in history because of that and every other avatar is now fucked because of her incompetence and stupidity

But really, the worst part of S02 is that it could all be avoided if she literally stayed at home. Korra could just stay in her igloo that Unalaq would have lost. You know what is even worst? the fact that after korra discovers Unalaq's plan, she can STILL just stay in her igloo until convergence pass, and she decides to act instead.

S02 tried to force her into situations that she didn't need to be and made Korra pass as some sort of retarded at times. Hell.. what's up with letting the portals open? spirits are known to be dangerous; it take 5 seconds for anyone with a brain to know that's a bad choice. Why no one said anything? so many questions..

How do you fix the Amon character arc?

>Korra had the Avatar State and Mako is a prodigy god lightning perfectly zen enlightened mind so they could do it too
Korra have a depowered avatar state, and Mako is not that good, let's be honest.

and they could go get them only the 3 of them... OR they could stay safe, or go with an army. What choice do you think it's best, and what choice sounds retarded?

>Taking on the most dangerous criminals is equivalent to 4 kids taking on the Earth King's forces and later on the Fire Nation military anyway
they literally had their own army in ATLA

Yup that's where I put the fault on nick. Season one and two would have benefited greatly from the creators knowing they were going to get another season so larger arcs could be established. Too much had to be set up and resolved in season 2 to make the pay off really good

>All this talk about reconnecting with the spirits, living together in peace and harmony.
>Start a new age where humanity and the spirits can live side by side.
>Some chick starts cutting down trees.
>Spirits go ape-shit, kidnap people, force them into the highly dangerous spirit world without telling them why.

What was the point of the spirits honestly. They seemed to do fuck-all except screw with people, asked for help when attacked, then when asked to return the favor, refused and ran away.

They had so much future potential of the ancestors that I think losing all of that really hurt.
>No more cool introductions to other lesser known Avatars to help guide her
>As the world begins to get even more advanced, get bigger clashes with past Avatars on how to handle things
>See past Avatar's learn to accept the advances society has made and foster new lessons for the next Avatar to learn.

Now the Avatar after Korra is just left with her and everyone can agree Korra would be an AWFUL teacher.

Have him survive the explosion I really expected that to happen and the whole uprising to continue. I wonder if that would have been better than what actually came

Realize you only have 12 episodes and Nick said that's it so you do an Aang and friends adventure that way you don't have to set up things or introduce a whole new set of characters and you work with the rules you have established since you only have 12 episodes to tell a story and Nick didn't want to play ball.

>she can STILL just stay in her igloo until convergence pass, and she decides to act instead.
Unalaq was attacking the South and sending spirits out to attack people.

>spoiler
The waterbender survived! Let's let him lead us again with the money we don't have anymore. Excuse me?

>implying zaheer wasnt the best villain on korra

so youre telling the blood bender wonder was better?
uncle jelly belly mcbad spirits was he best?
literally hitler with boobs was top tier?

I liked blacky mckite jellyfish but COME ON user

>Unalaq was attacking the South and sending spirits out to attack people
i said 'after she discovers unalaq's plan. Unalaq only attacked the south to talk Korra into opening the first portal. After she discovers his plan that becomes useless. She can literally stay at home and wait for harmonic convergence to pass. At that point unalaq already took the south and they can just plan to take it again after convergence. There is no need to rush. By the way Korra's plan was just to close the first portal, and not to liberate the south. That doesn't even make sense as one portal open doesn't do anything, as she actually knows from the Wan episodes.

Also, why Unalaq even took the south anyway? it doesn't make any sense if his plan is to open both portals and fuck shit up. The only thing this achieved is to make Korra distrust him.

Eh having old Avatars come up is something that I couldn't imagine they could keep doing. Roku worked because he was the start of the war and Aangs mentor but any time they added a new avatar before Keyoshi (since she had a whole village after her) were just ehh. I'm sure any past avatar would be good with development but at that point just make a series about them and not just a backstory

BUT
THE
IS
THE
WHOLE
FUCKING
POINT
TO
BEING
AN
"AVATAR"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So? They were only guaranteed 12 episodes originally for AtLA and that is why "The Storm" is so damn good as it would serve as a teaser for what can still happen - the stories of Aang and Zuko. They could have had Korra learn some spirituality in season 1 even if they were never guaranteed more episodes. They deliberately made a love triangle and typed out a pdf on a sport and took more time explaining said sport than how Korra unlocked airbending and the Avatar State.

Bryke wouldn't be able to do anything if you gave them 100 episodes right from the start and a million dollar budget per episode because they are both terrible writers and their ideas need other people to tell them their ideas suck.

>What was the point of the spirits honestly
The same as in ATLA: to fuck shit up. Everyone knows that. Korra just had a fucking vision of thousands of years ago of humanity almost getting extinct because of spirits.

Leaving the portals open just looks like something completely random and stupid. So yeah, it's very likely Korra would do it.

>She can literally stay at home
In the South? In the place that Unalaq has taken over? While he can send spirits out to the Fire Nation, URN, Earth Kingdom, and wherever to cause havoc.

Yeah the reincarnation part is a major part of being the avatar but so is bridge between the two worlds. I just thought starting anew and having korra have to manage the responsibility without all the resources others had would be a cool idea.

>In the South
with tenzin

>While he can send spirits out to the Fire Nation, URN, Earth Kingdom, and wherever to cause havoc
he could only send max. 1-2 spirits, that are easily dealt with. And again, it's just for, like, a couple of days. It's better than risking the literal end of the world.

Sorry, but there is just no way to defend it. Korra is consistently retarded. It just so happens that in S02 other people are also retarded.

liking things Cred Forums hates, in a nutshell

the problem is they introduced too many characters that already dealt with that shit and were much more effective than her
see jinora, wan, zaheer

korra was the least interesting character in a saga that is supposed to be about her
and forcing her to be dumber than before was NOT the right thing to do, she needed guidance, but not WOOPIMATOUCHYOUANDGIVEYOUYOURBENDINGBACK

korra shouldve gone through an adventure in the spirit world to get her powers back, exposing all of the raavatuu lore in a much more subtle manner
BUT OH WELL, WE GOT SHIT AND LESBIANS WHATEVER

>listening to Cred Forums

Season one of TLA was masterfully done in a way where season one still had a satisfactory ending that still led itself to completing a full 3 piece arc.

I do wish they planned further ahead with season one of Korra where they led themselves to a larger conflict or stuck with the good one they set up with non benders. Love triangle cannot be justified

I wouldn't say it's great, but it's not all terrible. It's more disappointing than anything. It retconned some stuff for no reason (i.e Korra air bending by means of fire bending moves), either didn't fully expand on some of the topics it brings up or doesn't explain at all and issues with characters get brought up and swept under the rug. Each season really did feel like they wanted to tell a story that would span 20+ episodes but only had 13 making it come off as rushed.

Jinora is not a spiritual leader she just has Jesus powers when the plot thinks it needs her to be relevant despite her not needing to be at all.
Wan felt like he had failed since humans were constantly fighting among themselves so much that he died on a battlefield.
And Zaheer would be content to watch the world burn so long as no one was signing a document that allowed the people to elect a leader among them.

Wan was the start but the other two in your example are not interesting.

The non bender conflict is not a good one since it relies on someone with energybending to get rid of bending for their "ideology" to succeed.

I thought the bender v nonbender conflict could have gone further with the two uniting against a common enemy and understanding their strengths and weaknesses. Other aspects could have been added to make a satisfactory arc but that would take a very good writer/ stronger vision.

Another arc would have been a good idea too

Zaheer is a cool villain as in he's got a cool set up and theming and design and wicked voice and he does cool things.

Zaheer and his gang are unfortunately in the Korraverse and are just as badly written and full of as much wasted potential as the rest of it.

like as a reminder Boom Boom Sparky Exploding Woman literally says to Zaheer "I'll never forget the time you " and then it's all forgotten and never mentioned again because I guess it'd suck if any villains in Korra had actual histories(christ who knew it'd all be downhill after Amon)

Cred Forums doesn't like it because of the disparity between the potential it had and the reality of it

Based on previews and some of the concepts and art direction it's easy to see it being a 10/10 show. Instead we got an 8-9/10 show with many flashes of brilliance but also some really fucking terrible stretches.

It did give us all the endlessly fun game of "How to Fix Korra". Nobody can agree on what would make it better.

I thought it was alright. the ending was the biggest pandering attempt I've ever seen though. completely hamfisted in by a pair of numales

I was loving it up until the end of season 1 where they ruined Amon, then had Aang do Korra's job for her. Then season 2 was trash, except for when Varrick was on screen. Season 3 was legitimately good. 4 was okay. Not as bad as 2, not as good as 3.

If Bryke knew how to manage their time the show would have benefitted even more.

>because I guess it'd suck if any villains in Korra had actual histories

They had a completely new threat each season instead of AtLA's Fire Nation focus. We saw Azula's history through Zuko's interactions and also Ozai's from time to time. Zhao was in it for glory and that is fine.

The antagonists in LoK having a history ultimately ends up like the P'li bit you mentioned because they were established to already be a group.

>against a common enemy
Nonbender and benders already united against a common enemy: the Fire Nation. And they also united against a common enemy before that: Chin the Conqueror - though it was Kyoshi who put a stop to that in the end.

The nonbenders were quite literally oppressing themselves by not seeing their hypocrisy. And extra bad things only started happening to them because of Amon's demagoguery.

>we got an 8-9/10
seriously, what's the deal with people completely ignoring how flawed that show is?

it's not just 'didn't meet expectations'. It is complete garbage. There is not even one season that they did not force the plot in some way for things to happen. And characters? they aren't even characters, they are just plot devices. Their personality is just "do whatever the avatar needs them for" and that's it; why are they even around the avatar anyway? It gets laughable sometimes. It looks like they completely forgot in S04 that 3 years have passed and everyone behaves like nothing changed. Mako, the guy that is basically a celebrity in RC, doesn't even have another girlfriend. What the fuck. It's like he was just there, waiting for the main character this whole time. The same happens with every other person, except maybe for Bolin (that doesn't even change anything in 3 years), and only because the plot needed him elsewhere. It's a 4/10 show. Perhaps 5/10. Main character doesn't grow, plot is illogical, characters are almost unexistent.

but i am curious, what the hell are those 'flashes of brilliance' you're talking about?

>OP says it's great
>it's actually bad

>>Killed off past lives to solidify "new age" avatar

I felt like that took away too much from what made the avatar interesting.

>seriously, what's the deal with people completely ignoring how flawed that show is?
What's the deal with people only seeing how flawed the show was and ignoring all the good things?

ATLA was really flawed too, but everyone makes it out to be 10/10 barring the finale and don't autistically dissect it like they do Korra.

You don't even have to dissect LoK though, it's practicly throwing flaws at you hoping something makes it look mature.

>though it was Kyoshi who put a stop to that in the end.
By accident.

There were so many potentially good plots involving spirits and humans that could have arisen from open portals.

I can only hope the comics try some of them. And not just more using spirits only when they need an annoyance or a quick plot convenience.

>Think this too
>Watch countless other shows so I'm no longer a pleb
>Realize Korra is trash

You'll get there too

Op, if everyone took in consideration what ever Cred Forums says (or most shitposter says) there would be no fucking media

whatever flaw you can think of in ATLA, it will be mostly subjective, or simply not that big

in LoK entire season's plot doesn't make any fucking sense, like season 2 (could literally be avoided by doing nothing). The characters must be dumbed down for things to happen, that's why Korra goes after Zaheer, and that's why Zaheer's entire plan was to trap the goddamn Avatar inside a mountain with a river below. Motivations are by far the worst part in the entire show. There is nothing new from what i'm saying, but there is just no way to even compare both shows; more than once in ATLA characters threatened to leave the side they're on to follow their own interests. The first time they treated Toph poorly she just tells everyone to eat a dick and go away. What the krew does when Korra shits on them? they keep helping her. Asami was backstabbed twice by Korra and gave her a Zeppelin in S03. Mako/Bolin had literally no reason to be around, and Tenzin still helps Korra after she ditches him because whatever. Villains manage to be even worst; Zaheer's motivations are "chaos wil help somehow, amirite? XD". Amon wants equalism because daddy touched him or someshit. Unalaq wants to destroy the world because.. reasons.

Sorry, but there is just no way you ignored all that. What did you focus on in this entire show? i really must know.

It was fucking shit for being a piss poor "sequal" to avatar and literally killing aang and most of the other characters, and instead having these boring shitty ass deviantart OC tier characters instead. Fuck korra, the only good thing to come from this show is the porn.

>Asami was backstabbed twice by Korra
Twice by Mako actually. And Tenzin helps Korra in a way that is negligible considering his children are more help than he is really. Korra helps Tenzin is the way it occurs.

Other than that yeah.

There are no good plots involving spirits and humans that end up with a better more balanced life that doesn't beget annoyance.

>Mako, the guy that is basically a celebrity in RC, doesn't even have another girlfriend. What the fuck.
He didn't want one. Why do you want romance in the story again they can't write well it anyway.

>There are no good plots involving spirits and humans that end up with a better life

You have no imagination. I've thought of maybe a dozen.

It's not even hard but the season was just written terribly. Watch, they're using Yin/Yang philosophy? Then actually use that philosophy. Braava represents Order and has been pulling for the status quo of segregation for the whole time she's been in power. Everyone remains in their own nations and their culture and bending becomes stronger but they also stagnate. Vaatu is Chaos and just trying to invite change. Spirits joining the material world, spiritual magic flourishing more, benders opening their boarders, all fit that motif. When he merges with what's his face he can very reasonably take the title "The Avatar of Change"

But no, it's just a terrible Good vs Evil plot. Why's Vaatu bad? because he's bad. How's one spirit such a huge threat? Because he can magically mind control spirits en masse while Braava can't do the same easily. And fuck, why does Korra agree with him in the end? IDK she had a real good feeling, it's not like we could have had a moment where she talks to Braava who admits that in all the lifetimes she's lived with the Avatars, she's finally accepted that introducing change could be a good thing. Nah, gut feeling, change the world on a whim.

Of those dozen, please elaborate on at least three. I don't see anything going good for humanity, only for spirits since the lesser spirits can now roam around more without the need of a solstice.

Too lazy. I'll just copy/paste my last post about the subject in one of these threads.

>Humans send expeditions in to research the spirit world.
>Monks travel there for the experience
>Maybe even someone like Varrick goes there looking for business opportunities (and a place to operate outside of legal restrictions)

>Some people even use the portals to plan shorter routes for intercontinental trips
>Border checkpoints need to be set up at each portal
>The towns nearest the portals experience growth from all the travel
>Conflicts of various sizes happen
>Some friendships happen
>People who find kinship with spirits (like Bumi), find new uses for their lives with the portals open
>We get one or two recurring spirit characters with a name and motivation and everything
>No really, please, I hope for this
>Maybe even a human falling in love with a spirit?
>We know from the Wan episodes that spirits can mutate people by entering them
>What if this process was consensual?
>It could be like Raava's and Vaatu's unions with humans, only different (and less powerful because those two are gods).

Keep in mind not all potentially interesting plots are good for the characters involved, but the important thing is that they're better than plots that don't use the spirits much at all.

Not them, but considering Bending was a spiritual based thing, and there are other spiritual powers like chakras and astral projection. Spirits as a whole are like introducing even more mystic elements to the world. Anything gained from Bending you can just as easily imagine is gained from some other spirtual thing. And a slew of anything else. Fuck if nothing else you could probably reach the dead to hang out more easily.

The nations were already mixing though. If Vaatu had been the one inside the "Avatar" the whole time and Raava is the one who wanted everything to stagnate and go back to stillness then that could be something. Humans are chaotic but we try to tend towards an order so Raava coming back could be a good thing in moderation.

Or since the two of them were split from each other for so long, and going with Vaatu being trapped, he's the one who has been messing up the Spirit World so it is all dark and gloomy and full of terrors. Balancing him could make the place more hospitable for all that way the spirits could at least be in a better place showing that the Avatar should have their interest in mind as well; Korra helping them and their world in such a way.

Really, you could say anything about this show on here and Cred Forums would turn into a giant clusterfuck arguing over it.

It's sad to see a show get reduced to being bait fodder on here, regardless of it's actual quality.

>Twice by Mako actually
Korra literally kissed Mako on both seasons. Hell, on the first one Mako even said that Korra shouldn't have done that.

>Tenzin helps Korra in a way that is negligible
when a character moves all the way to the south pole in S04 just to see if Korra is okay, you know he is just some beta orbiter, ready to do whatever she needs. Considering what he have, he helped Korra a lot. He didn't help more because he didn't have more ways to help.

>Why do you want romance in the story again they can't write well it anyway
the point is not the romance, but the fact that he didn't change at all. Also, it's not 'wanting romance', but actually knowing that the a famous and handsome character didn't just simply stood there and actually got some pussy at least.

My only beef with Korra was the love triangle and how the writers turned Mako into an asshole.

not him, but the only way for humans and spirits to live together is if humans completely change their ways. That's a recurring theme in both ATLA and LoK. Spirits are not willing to change, and that's why they can never live with humans. They just get butt-blasted if humans to anything they don't like, and most of the time over-react.

>good thing in moderation
That's my problem with the terrible writing, that's literally the point of Yin/Yang philosophy. Two halves of a single unified whole. Raava pushes toward order and Vaatu pushes for chaos. If Raava is purely in charge you get the stagnation and xenophobia that was in much of the first series. If Vaatu takes over completely then you get constant conflicts and power struggles. The point of the yin/yang circle drawn as a circle is you're supposed to have BOTH and thus be balanced.
But the writing just makes it shitty good vs evil. Vaatu is the dark one and scary and bad, even when Korra ultimately agrees that the portals should remain open, there's no talking to Vaatu, there's no actual harmony between the two spirits, you pick the one you like, beat down the one you don't, and you get locked with one spirit for thousands of years.
It's a pretty shitty thing to do after all the time the first series tried to do things like talk about chakras or ginns or the nature of the Avatar as being as close to a spirit as possible while still being truly human.

I bet you think the star wars prequels are good movies.

you can't even have a regular avatar thread without some fuck talking about how he hates korra

Like what I'm saying is if the writing were remotely on point then Raava and Vaatu would have been able to reach more common ground and actually coexisted in harmony by the end. Bring some order to the spirit world which can be swayed just by emotions, bring some change to the material world with spirits and a resurgence of bending. Outright choosing one over the other is deeply unhealthy.

While it is possible to use the portals open to some extent, i believe the best plot relevant use for that are spirits fucking shit up. All other uses with spirits "helping" just looks illogical, or too small.

>Humans send expeditions in to research the spirit world
the only useful research on the spirit world would be the library, and not only the knowledge there is just old now, they don't want humans in there

>Monks travel there for the experience
not really that relevant

>Maybe even someone like Varrick goes there looking for business opportunities
because spirits are perfect partness for some kind of industry, right?

>Some people even use the portals to plan shorter routes for intercontinental trips
too dangerous for that when spirits can literally kill you because you looked at them wrong.

>Conflicts of various sizes happen
>Some friendships happen
story show us that there are much more spirits wanting conflict, and the ones that help doesn't really do much, except perhaps for the moon, and it's not like it has any saying on the matter since it's just basically existing and not doing anything

>People who find kinship with spirits (like Bumi), find new uses for their lives with the portals open
what?

>Maybe even a human falling in love with a spirit?
happened before. Didn't end well.

>What if this process was consensual
you get a freak that can't actually do anything, like the Wan episodes.

all this head canon

TLA is probably a 9.5
Korra is probably an 8

Which means Korra is absolute fucking garbage holy shit why would anyone watch such trash?

>ctrl+F
>hate
>no results with people saying they hate the show

Honestly though, the flaws in TLOK are pretty obvious, and plenty of people have said that it's fine to like something but that thing can still be bad. And the fact that OP only bitched about what other people thought instead of defending what they liked just makes it look like a bait thread in the first place.
One of the first posts are "I know that S2 is said to be the worst season but I enjoyed it"
Good for you, but if you don't explain further then that post is just being contrarian.

It's not hard:
Pro - I enjoyed pretty much everything that had to do with Varrick
Con - The two shitty detectives make Lin look like a shitty chief. I was expecting them to be corrupt, bribed cops that were actively sabotaging Mako but act like model cops around Lin to throw her off. But no, they're just comedy relief shitty cops, which says that Lin is such a shitty chief she doesn't notice those two assholes lazing around.

It has beautiful animation, a cool style and theme, but there's no escaping how shitty the writing is.

>discussing potential plot points
>'lol all this head canon'

Pretty much, I'll bitch about it all day, I wouldn't say I hate it. I hate a lot of the glaring flaws, but it has a lot of strengths too.

Technically, the Avatars themselves are an example of a plot involving a human and a spirit living together peacefully. And the spirit had to give up a lot in the relationship. Kind of the opposite of your supposition that it is the human who would have to change to accommodate the spirit.

you don't think something like magic healing spirit water could be a sought after resource? No telling what else is there without checking.

>the only useful research on the spirit world would be the library

The revolutionary power of FUCKING BENDING is a spiritual power. Saying nothing about astral projection, speaking to the dead, and whatever other magic could be found. Fuck half the problem in S4 was how just using vines could power a nuke.

I'M THE AVATAR YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT

>living together peacefully
Raava is basically 'sleeping'. It does not interact with the avatar, in the sense of agreeing/disagreeing with anything. It's more like 'Raava is also part of that human', and not "raava is helping that human". If you actually read all the comics you know what i mean by spirits not changing. In every comic until now there was a spirit that attacked humans for stupid reasons; "they just didn't like how things changed", or simply "that's their nature". In LoK, in the Wan episodes we actually see spirits forced humans to live in goddamn turtles, the ONLY humans that could live with spirits were the air nomads, because as i said, they completely changed their ways. Your example of Raava is a bad example exactly because Wan himself changed his ways entirely, and that's why Raava stayed with him. If for even a moment he was a complete shitter, she would go away.

>No telling what else is there without checking
with that logic they might as well explain their own planet for resources, instead of looking for them in a place they are clearly not wanted. Again, not saying it's impossible to think of a good plot point involving spirits; it's just unlikely. Hell, we had about 3 ATLA comics in a row where spirits fucked shit up.

>The revolutionary power of FUCKING BENDING is a spiritual power
[citation needed]

>Saying nothing about astral projection
the stuff they can already do

>speaking to the dead
the dead don't go to the spirit world, you do know that. Only the ones that were there when they died stay there, and only a few humans actually turn into spirits when they die.

the vines were already on the human world

>I can't think of any interesting stories to write, so obviously no writer will be able to

Alright

>or too small
Are you saying the only plots worth talking about are the ones that involve the fate of the entire world, and that personal stories are irrelevant?

>what?
A traveling showman, putting on a spirit theater or something. Or a "spirit whisperer" who helps people deal with all the problems they have with spirits.

>In every comic until now there was a spirit that attacked humans for stupid reasons
>Hell, we had about 3 ATLA comics in a row where spirits fucked shit up
Uncreative/lazy writing is not a conclusive indication that good stories don't exist.

Different random thought: If the Avatar world has a Steve Irwin, he would be one of the first to go to the spirit world and film there. You can't tell me you wouldn't watch that.

...you seem to be intentionally holding your hands over your eyes to as to miss at least some of the point.

>See, here's the thing though. Just because you enjoyed it, doesn't mean it was actually good.
Stopped reading there.
"I'm going to now tell you why your taste is shit" Fuck off.

The term is Guilty Pleasure. You don't have a thing you know is objectively kinda bad, maybe some nostalgic cartoon or game or whatever? Something that you genuinely enjoy but you completely understand it's a bit of a mess?

You can like TLOK and that's understandable, you also have to understand where people are coming from when they talk of it's flaws.

Also congratulations, you stopped reading right before the post goes on to explain "Here's an example of something I like that is obviously shitty".

>Are you saying the only plots worth talking about are the ones that involve the fate of the entire world
"filler is important"

>putting on a spirit theater or something
i don't think you can domesticate spirits. They will just do whatever the fuck they want. It's possible story-wise, but just not how spirits normally behave.

>a "spirit whisperer" who helps people deal with all the problems they have with spirits
even Aang had trouble doing that, and almost got killed sometimes. It's not really a way to live anyone would normally pursue.

Again, not saying it's impossible to happen, but it needs to be much more believable than that considering what we already know about spirit behavior.

>Uncreative/lazy writing is not a conclusive indication that good stories don't exist
or perhaps, that's just how spirits are fucking meant to be. I mean, if the writers intended for spirits to attack everything on sight, why look for ways humans could live with them?

>You can't tell me you wouldn't watch that
i probably would, but that's quite irrelevant as a plot point. It's not like they didn't try at all in LoK anyway; we had the spirit Zoo.

Actually, on the same episode they show exactly why a spirit zoo wouldn't go right.

>you seem to be intentionally holding your hands over your eyes to as to miss at least some of the point
it's just weird to look at spirit vines elsewhere when they already exist in the human world. Again, not saying it's impossible to exist some sort of ultra vine, panacea or some other shit. It's just that the normal world is already likely to have those things. The only thing the spirit world showed to have more than the human world was danger.

If there's one thing to take away from Cred Forums it's to like what you will and ignore pointless complaints.

There's occasionally legitimate criticism, but 60% is vitriol and salt and the rest is "what went wrong" threads.

Can you post an example OP?

>i don't think you can domesticate spirits
Bumi. The ones he tamed were even extra super evil, and he just randomly stumbled into the skill. With practice, it would be a perfectly reasonable thing to see some people doing. It would make more sense than lightning bending becoming common, minimum wage labor

>"filler is important"
Nevermind, fuck off. You clearly hate fun stories anyway.

The spirit world episodes were neat

Well, the first one he tamed anyway. Point still stands

Are you the same autist who spams the "LoK-Fails" screenshot in every thread?

You haven't finished S1, have you?

I've seen the whole show and the only thing I really disliked was all the love triangle bullshit.

What I hated most about the show is how they rehashed Lin's side story in every season except 2 (mainly because she's barely in that one).

>It has created an aura of fear around creating any media based on comic books for an entire decade.
Nigga Blade came out like a year after it, stop repeating that dumb meme.

>I only count plot as 1/5th of the score

Moving pictures look flashy? Brown girl make your wee wee get big?

I want to fuck Korra.

Ikki a qt

>there's no talking to Vaatu,
Because he was defeated. He won't start reappearing in Raava for a long time. The only reason Raava came back quickly is because Jinora used a light spirit to accelerate her return

God Lin has such shit family and friends. Not to mention going to die childless while all the assholes around her have 3-5 kids. I'd be way more bitter than anything she's shown.

No. You do not understand. That single thing was the worst fucking thing that korra did, and in my opinion killed the entire series. It was the prequels of star wars and the sequels of matrix all rapped up in one. They give you an explanation of the origins of the avatar, and no matter how great those two episodes were, they were completely unneeded save to set up their terrible villain and prophecy. Raava and the bending turtles are the midicloreans of avatar, things added in later to explain something that we were already fine believing, just to allow some idiotic person to obtain extreme power from some ancient prophecy.

Also, the spirit world, a mysterious and dangerous realm home to such ancient fiends as the facestealer, and only able to be accessed by the avatar at extreme places and times. They take it, and shove it all over the real world to facilitate change, again, only to allow some idiotic person to obtain extreme power from some ancient prophecy.

Not only that, not only FUCKING THAT, but right after taking 2 episodes to explain how the avatar came to be, they FUCKING IMMEDIATELY KILL IT. They take the central point of the entire series, the namesake, the avatar and it's many thousand year history, and FUCKING RUIN IT FOR A GLOWING KAIJU FIGHT.

>Not to mention going to die childless while all the assholes around her have 3-5 kids
That's kinda her fault though. Her not wanting kids is the main reason her and Tenzin broke up.

>the difference is that the fucking fish is actually stated and shown to be an ancient and strong spirit

>companion fish gets killed by a single fire blast from Zhao
>ancient and strong spirit
How do you hate Korra so much that you excuse ATLA's flaws to make Korra look even shittier?

I really can't get into the heads of people who choose to not have children and become barren old maids as a result.

Dying either alone or with just fellow old dying people to care about you sounds awful.

Frankly it'd be karmatic if Lin falls in her house at 80, breaks her hip and starves to death on the floor because there is no one who cares enough to visit her and she's too weak to bend or move anymore.

For anyone defending Korra, clearly it did something wrong, otherwise there wouldn't always be such a huge debate whenever it's talked about. It managed to turn die hard fans of the original into it's biggest detractors. And now all that anyone remembers about it is that Korra and Asami are in a relationship together.

>It was the prequels of star wars and the sequels of matrix all rapped up in one
Stopped reading right there.

>clearly it did something wrong, otherwise there wouldn't always be such a huge debate whenever it's talked about.
Thst only happens here on Cred Forums, and it's usually the same aspies

>And now all that anyone remembers about it is that Korra and Asami are in a relationship together.
Nah, people remember plenty. Most of the avatar fans on Cred Forums are just autistic

Been doing a lot of not reading huh Korrafag?

It's the truth, it takes something that was once spiritual (The Force in Empire / Spirit World needing spiritually intuned and at spiritual locations) and bastardized them (The Force can be scientifically counted like power levels / A portal can let anyone pass into the spirit world)

Well then take it somewhere else. There are plenty of shows that Cred Forums doesn't bother talking about. Pre-school stuff that has very little substance, or just worthless stuff like Johnny Test or Nu-PPG.

You can want to talk about it here, but so long as you know what to expect from us, then don't bitch about the results.

>Been doing a lot of not reading huh Korrafag?
I've done a fuckton more than you, it seems.

>It's the truth,

Except it isn't.

>it takes something that was once spiritual and bastardized them

Except it doesn't, if you have the mental capacity to understand things that you watch.

>(The Force in Empire

Not at all contradicted by the prequels.

>/ Spirit World needing spiritually intuned and at spiritual locations)

Adding portals does not change the fact that some areas are very highly spiritually connected. You still need to be spiritually attuned to meditate into the spirit world.

> (The Force can be scientifically counted like power levels

The Force is not being counted. Midi-chlorians are not The Force. Qui-Gon even says this when the things are introduced to Anakin. They are an indicator species that are attracted to The Force. They make life possible.

But they aren't The Force. All the Jedi are counting is how force sensitive someone is. It represents how rigid and by-the-rules the Jedi have become in their (quite literal) ivory tower.

>/ A portal can let anyone pass into the spirit world)

As I explained earlier, this does not change anything previously established.

It's not bad, its just the first avatar is way better.

>lifeforms that are just statistic counters for Force sensitivity can "tell you the will of the Force"
>When you quiet your mind you'll hear them speaking to you

Considering they showed that you can get a midicholorian count through a blood sample, Qui Gon has to be talking about some spiritual aspect of what you claim are just lifeforms that help track force sensitivity.

>Considering they showed that you can get a midicholorian count through a blood sample, Qui Gon has to be talking about some spiritual aspect of what you claim are just lifeforms that help track force sensitivity.
see

I'm glad you enjoyed it OP, but that doesn't make it good.

Ok, canon retcons can occur and as shown with the clone wars cartoon, bad retcons can be salvaged.

Would you argue that Avatar's retcon is at all positive? It just seems to diminish the importance of being spiritually enlightened to connect to the spirit world when a dumbass like Korra or an unspiritual person like Asami can just walk through a portal and reach the spirit world.

It makes people like Iroh or hell even Aang when he needed the spirit world look like chumps for choosing the hard way when apparently there was always a door that could have been opened.

>Frankly it'd be karmatic if Lin falls in her house at 80, breaks her hip and starves to death on the floor because there is no one who cares enough to visit her and she's too weak to bend or move anymore.

>Hell, on the first one Mako even said that Korra shouldn't have done that.
And pursue Korra afterward? And the second season the others were expecting Mako to tell Korra because of the terrible amnesia plot, but he didn't.

>when a character moves all the way to the south pole in S04 just to see if Korra is okay
>moves
I don't want you to rewatch any part of this show, but he didn't move/relocate. He visited someone who lives in the area where his mother happens to live and still lives.

>Not even 1 episode taking place in the Fire Nation

>you don't think something like magic healing spirit water could be a sought after resource?

Something that was already in the North Pole and yet they didn't use it to heal Korra despite it being able of bringing someone back from the dead.

It apparently does have many secrets since no spirit ever told the Avatar his origin or said why the dark foreboding kite in the Tree is calling them Raava. But the residents are not welcoming to humans, especially the human who holds Raava.

>being a retard on the internet

>Unalaq wants to destroy the world because.. reasons.

I remember watching Korra for the first time and a friend who had seen it told me that I'd be amused by Unalaq's motivations.

Imagine my surprise at his cheekiness when S2 ended and well...

kys tbqh

>OP says show is great
>it's actually bad
OP a faggot.

all you idiots are sad

>implying having kids protects you from that.

when was the last time you called your grandparents you little shit?

>he said, while browsing the comics&cartoons section of a Thailandese basket weaving forum.

Seasons 1 and 2 were meh

Seasons 3 and 4 were fantastic

Also season 4 has Kuvira

Also Season 4 caused so much butthurt in its last 2 minutes, it has to be commended for that.

But season 1 was better than season 4.

Nah. It was a bumpy ride.
And say what you will about Kuvira, but at least she didn't slip on a banana peel and instantly foiled herself.

I felt like she did with that surrender.

Atleast Book 1 didn't completely shit the bed before it's finale episodes.

Eh, the love triangles were a lingering irritation throughout.
And the whole Equalist takeover was really shittily handled. They were shown as an illusive, rising terror cell. But suddenly they're a fullblown army, ready to take over an entire city and able to fend off armies of entire nations.

Kuvira's power was properly established and her threat seemed more palpable. Whereas Amon mostly seemed to win because everyone else suddenly became incredibly incompetent.

I don't see how Book 4 completely shat the bed, but whatever.

I wish they never made her bad