Goddamnit, i know its been shit for years, but this feels like the last aspect of my childhood has died...

Goddamnit, i know its been shit for years, but this feels like the last aspect of my childhood has died. I was just about to try to rewatch it all too. Fucking feels thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

hulu.com/press/posts/hulu-what-s-coming-and-going-in-october
youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc
youtu.be/H_CwT7p8-e8
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_5:_2012-2014
imgur.com/gallery/IpzJZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Childhood? AT isn't THAT old.

It is if you saw the pilot on Nickelodeon.

>you were a kid in 2007
You have to be 18 to post on Cred Forums.

I was 12 when it came out.

It was basically dead already. The last few episodes have taken almost two years to come out, and it doesn't seem like the next few will come out any time soon either.

It was obvious when they started putting it on constant hiatus that is was being killed off by Christina Miller. Adventure Time will be replaced by Mighty MagiSwords, which will be cheaper to produce and not have any heavy lore to prevent daily rerun marathons. Everything is gradually getting replaced by something cheaper.

How old are you?

a 10 year in 2007 is 19 now senpaii'am an example of this

Good riddance

>The last few episodes have taken almost two years to come out
Jesus fuck. And i know its basically been dead for years, but i was routing for a sorta of revival to go back to its roots in terms of a more minimal storyline and more off the wall humor. I know this is more of a mercy killing but it still hurts.

Dumbass

>mighty magiswords
Unless they slow down the pace, add in some more humor and lore, and increase the animation i dont see that happening. OK KO and twelve forever will save cartoon kino.

It used to be good you calarts memeing faggot

Heard Hulu is going to put S7 on the site in a couple of weeks but I'm not sure if it's the full season or the way CN had it (The Thin Yellow Line as S8EP1).

Because being crap has somehow prevented them from pushing the new PowerPuff reboot?

It's already zombie tier.

TOO many fucking introspective crap episodes about nothing.

hulu.com/press/posts/hulu-what-s-coming-and-going-in-october

The only reason you care about twelve forever is because you want to fuck the villian

Yet look how "succesful" thats been. There only pushing it because it cost a fuckton to produce. Their probably in the middle of cancelling it as we speak.
I like the general feel and asthetic of the series, the things i want to do to buttwitch are besides the point.

12 is not childhood m8

You a dumb idiot? Id say childhood ended at 14. Right before you enter godawful highschool.

The question remains, will we get an acceptable ending?

Pen will most definitely come back for the finale, so yes

Eh, I've always held the opinion that childhood ends when a kid goes from twelve to thirteen. The "teen" part implies the next step in becoming a young adult.

>Baby 0
>Toddler 1 - 3
>Kid 4 - 7
>Tween 8 - 14
>Teen 15 - 18
>Young Adult 19 - 21
>Adult 21+

Guys, we still have AT LEAST a WHOLE YEAR of new episodes in store. Don't you think the show has gone on for a reasonable amount of time?

>THE FEELLSSSSSS
Locate the nearest tree and rope and kill yourself, faggot.

Always the biggest retards make these posts.

>but this feels like the last aspect of my childhood has died
Welcome to the adult world. To paraphrase Cornelius Bear, death is the only game in town.

I can't really pinpoint an exact time when my adolescence died. It might have been when Wizard magazine finally and truly went to nothing but shit and I stopped subscribing.

>korrasmi tier ending with Marceline and Bubblegum holding hands
>peeping from a nearby bush Finn masturbates furiously
>written by Pendelton Ward

AHHH AN 8 YEAR OLD SHOW IS ENDING A WHOLE YEAR AND A HALF FROM NOW

get over it, most of our favorite shows barely lasted 2

I know, but it still hurts okay
Not everyone can be an emotionless husk like you, dr manhatten

Then what were your favorite shows faggot? honestly im just mad theres nothing to replace all the cancelled shows.

My childhood ended when "Tarzan Boy" played in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III".

No. It will be a rehash of the already known story.

>Lich will be reborn, try to end the world/universe/whatever again.
>Finn and Scooby Gang will stop him.
>Finn's Father will return, make a sacrifice for his son or some faux emotional scene to give closure to that sad plot.
>Ice King will become human again somehow, may or may not die.
>Candy and other kingdoms will be destroyed, a rebuild of a new kingdom where everyone lives will happen.
>Series will have a montage of the characters getting older. End with an adult Finn and older Jake leaving the new kingdom to go on an adventure.
>Fade to end credits song playing over the intro in reverse.

Good for a child

Good

Another shitty Cred Forums show is cancelled.

Just delete this place.

>Bubbeline and the Scooby Gang will stop him while Finn comically gets in their way by trying to be a big hero
ftfy

Grow up some more then come back.

I wasn't aware people still watched this, I thought everyone moved onto Steven Universe.

Regular show was better.

Fight me.

Ending should be explanation of how the world got nuked again and the candy kingdom turned into a walkin stasis pod.
But that sound too edgy/sad/werid for a series finale

>I thought everyone moved onto Steven Universe
Not everyone is a fujoshi like you and your little cult.

>Implying that hasn't been Adventure Time's audience for at least the last four seasons

the plebs went to steven universe, patricians went to gravity falls->loud house

Don't even joke like that man.

>It's a shipping episode

Still means AT is up 3 good seasons to SU's big fat zero.

this show was always trash, im glad it's finally going away

Good fucking riddance
Cartoons have been shit since 2009 when Ed, Edd n Eddy ended and this piece of shit was at the forefront of the movement

I hate that this is probably what will happen.

>I was 11 in 07
>now Im 20
Did they change the definition of underaged?

Yes. Oldfag standards are on a rolling scale. Right now you need to be, at minimum, 30 years old to not be a child on this board.

>tfw there are people who were children during the 2000s here now

Why is this happening?

you are getting old

AT is six years old user. The 12 year olds we mocked back then are now 18.

You can't really put 8 and 14 y olds in the same category pal, it's like two completely different worlds. I'd say it's something more among the lines of

Kid 6-10
Tween 11-14

Time conquers all

Context. I still feel young and I was in high school when 9/11 happened, i.e. when 80% of this boards current inhabitants were being born.

>Everything is gradually getting replaced by something cheaper.

Justice League Action

>30

I was born in 1998. I'm 18 now.

>tfw 21
>tfw I'm not a pleb so I stopped watching cartoons in 2009 when this piece of shit came out and killed american cartoons
feels good to be superior

POST YOUR IDEAL ENDING FOR ADVENTURE TIME GO

>normal episode
>at the end, an announcement
>Adventure Time: The Next Generation, starting 2019

even if I liked RS too it was always second fiddle to AT, and rightfully so.

when they were both in their prime AT was better, now that they both sort of suck AT is still better.

maybe RS can pull something amazing off with its last season but given their track record over the last few years I doubt it.

>40

If you don't have back pain and problems going to the bathroom by now, you're too young to be posting here.

>there are people on Cred Forums who are too young to remember 9/11

Finn was in a coma the whole time.

its all in a snow globe

>Fellow '98 bro

Feels good to be born just at the right time.

Go and watch Flapjack you fucking fag.

Serious answer, Finn's gotten older and is ready to go check out some other unexplored land across the ocean to like look for humans and just find himself and shit like that. He has the gang of major characters and he says goodbye to them, sappy shit, then when he goes to say bye to Jake he falters and asks Jake to come with him. Jake says he's too old and tired and wants to just chill with his family and not go gallivanting across the land again. Finn's sad but they have a bro moment and hug and shit, good brotherly stuff.
Then Finn goes across the ocean by himself to have a new host of crazy adventures.

How shitty is my ending Cred Forums?

>98
>born at the right time?

Get on my level, 85 master race reporting in.

>still a child
i knew it

I guarantee you 100% that there are people who weren't even born. I was like 15 when I started visiting Cred Forums and I also went there like a few times before then too.

AT had higher highs but lower lows, while RS was more consistent in its mediocrity.

>There are people younger than me on Cred Forums

Please leave, you don't have to go down the same path I did.

>feels
>for literal garbage
just kill yourself faggot

Well, 2018 is still quite far away.

Oh, great. Money is on Clarence next because CN has been awfully quiet about it. There's more than enough proof now CN is slowly heading to a new era getting rid of their current shows one-by-one.

>tfw I do have back pains and problems going to the bathroom but I'm only 29

JUST

It's overstayed its welcome

>2 years
So like 3 or 4 more episodes considering CN's schedule policy

You should be glad. You don't want it to be like Spongebob and the Simpsons.

>at the right time
>didn't even experience pokemania

what a retard

Robotomy and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome were better

Fight me

>trip
>is actually retarded
Pottery.

Clarence is still quite new though.

>at the right time

Are you fucking serious? You have no idea what arcade culture is, you didn't watch classic cartoons when they aired, you missed PokƩmon, handheld Nintendo consoles, Playstation craze, EVERYTHING.

>le pokemania meme
The newer PokƩmon games give a way better experience, having the games be popular at school is still enough to get the other part of the experience, which still happens.

>b-b-but people talking about it on tv and magazines!
You inevitably read old articles online at some point if you care, and we just got the same thing with Go now so it doesn't even matter.

>you didn't watch classic cartoons when they aired
The ones we're talking about right now will be classics one day

>you missed PokƩmon, handheld Nintendo consoles, Playstation craze
That's still happening right now.

I'm still worried about SU not getting a 6th or 7th season

despite it being their best rated show CN seems to hate it and constantly fuck with its scheduling

>i know its been shit for years
But it hasn't.

>reading about something is the same as experiencing it yourself
>go being anywhere near pokemania levels

ok kid

Stakes in a nutshell.

The thing is, it's not actually as important as you're making it out to be. The most important thing (the game, other people to play them with) are still there (and have actually been improved if you consider the internet)

>was 3 years old when 9/11 happened
>thinks they were born in the right time

lol

you really have no idea how big it was if you think pokemon go got anywhere as big as it was in 98-00. Go fuck yourself kid for reminding me how fun life use to be.

I assume you wrote then

>you really have no idea how big it was if you think pokemon go got anywhere as big as it was in 98-00.
I don't actually think that, but it was big enough to get the "oh wow their talking about it on tv!!!! amazing!!!!" thing or whatever, since that's the only thing you couldn't have otherwise. It's not as special as you're making it out to be, it was just a good part of your life, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Special enough to get 3 of the Pokemon movies on the silver screen, and get a jet with Pokemon on it. we'll probably never see things like that for Pokemon again

Damn how many 98's are here?

That's true about all shows/movies/music/games, so there's no benefit to being born in any specific era.

Finally. CN making good decisions for once. Now they need to cancel SJW Tumblrverse and maybe, just maybe, Cartoon Network will enter another golden age

Goodbye Mr Hooper...

I'm literally one year behind you and I think I fucking hate you.

Considering how retarded the posters here are, and how many of them worship shit shows like AT, RS and SU, I'd say a lot. I bet there's even more underage.

i have no words for how stupid you are
i'm not even going to post a funny reaction picture

I've been here since like 2013 and I would have joined earlier if I knew English
Hi

>odd numbered year
why would you do this

Yeah, the series being popular is definitely more important than playing better games (while still having the chance to have friends to play them with). The "PokƩmania" thing is just a dumb meme, get over it.

>my childhood
Some times I forget I'm almost 30.

Why does anyone, oldfags or newfags, feel superior because of their age goddamn you retards are literally like cranky old men on a porch or shitty arrogant kids

>I'm gonna wave my dick around because you didn't have a similar childhood to mine

This. Also your childhoods are different for many things, not just for when it happened. The whole debate is pointless.

t. someone who didn't experience it

Nobody who experienced it is able to explain why it was supposedly special. And the reason is that it simply isn't.

I'm 94. I remember when we were the young ones.

Same
I remember all the years I spent posting while underageb&

Same here.

Nigga you ain't gotta be older than the crypt keeper to have these problems

It was special because literally every single kid had stacks of Pokemon cards, pogs, backpacks, lunchboxes, t shirts, fucking anything you can think of had that primary yellow and blue logo. The baddest kids had folders filled with holographic english AND japanese cards. I got a mexican bootleg Pokemon pack filled with stickers and a bunch of cool little things like that and felt like the luckiest kid in the world. My grandpa gave me a bootleg tape of the first Pokemon movie and felt like I had the best family ever because they knew how crazy kids were for anything Pokemon and even if we were poor they found a way to make sure I felt included.

I played the Pokemon theme song in concert band in 04 (04 ffs) and almost every kid in the gymnasium knew the words by heart even if it had been years since it passed and everybody was trying to be as grown up as possible.

You don't know, and just accept that you don't know. Quit trying to downplay the 90's Pokemon craze.

92 here, I remember when I got btfo'd here even at 20 for pretending like I knew anything. Time flies.

>all the shows I've grown used to existing are going away and will be replaced by shit

its happening again

How salty would people be if Bubbline actually comes true at the end?

Do you spend time with kids today? I'm not saying it's as popular as it was back then, but it being more popular doesn't mean the experience isn't better. I don't know about kids right now since I haven't done this since like 2012/2013, but it's always been popular enough to get all of the advantages you could get from what you just said. I literally picked the smallest summer group thing and everyone was still playing PokƩmon. I'm not downplaying anything, it's just you pretending it's more than it actually is because it was an important part of your childhood you have fond memories of. I never said it wasn't big.

Dunno about reruns, but I thought that was also in part because of the SU crew spending like 8-9 months per episode.

none. Shipping isn't my thing and I've lost interest in the show.

Did that stop them from canceling Secret Mount Fort Awesoem?

Only about 4 or 5 years too late.

I do sometimes, and most of them are on ipads and iphones playing game apps or are watching Youtube. There's no unifying phenomenon that kids can rally under because they all have their own niche interests that they can easily indulge with the internet. Which is pretty cool when you think about it.

>actually comes true in the end
>implying it hasn't already in people's heads

The fans will be angrier if Peebles got with Finn instead

Well it's the end of an era. It's time for the next generation of young cartoonists to come in and try stuff. That only adds to this year's absolute fucking murder rampage of cartoon shows though.

>Adventure Time
>Regular Show
>Gumball
>Uncle Grandpa
>Clarence
>Sanjay and Craig
>Breadwinners
>Pig Goat Banana Cricket
>Harvey Beaks
>Gravity Falls
>Wander Over Yonder
>Penn Zero

Jesus Christ that's sad. Everything's ending and the new shit looks like ass. I'm hoping Mighty Magiswords surprises me tonight and gives me hope for the future of TV animation because right now the future is pretty fucking bleak.

Ed edd and eddy was always shit. Drink bleach you hipster faggot.

I hated Adventure Time since episode one. I knew then that a new dark age of shit and mediocrity is at hand. Zero effort, zero substance. These sad abominations are what you get when there's no interest in producing quality.

Let it die, be buried and forgotten.

>Which is pretty cool when you think about it.
I agree, it is. I'm not sure about the part that most kids have their own interests though.

By the way, the 3DS not being nearly as popular as the DS definitely counts too, so I'm not surprised by your reply, as XY came out in late 2013.

>Ed edd and eddy was always shit.

This, SU is next. We don't need more hot topic cartoons.

In an ideal setting the AT crew would produce a 30 minute special dedicated to blatantly destroying every ship in the show, concluding with a message that relationships are stupid and adventure is where it's at.

>Ed Edd and Eddy
>hipster

You can dish out better bait, user. I'm disappointed in you.

Anybody who still denies it at this point is an idiot and deserves to be salty. They went full pandering with that ship

I don't doubt they'll slip in one moment that 100% confirms it at the end but I hope it's not like, heavily focused on or anything. They gotta keep to the original spirit for the end

It's honestly very discomforting. The future is very uncertain.

>despite it being their best rated show
NOPE

>It's time for the next generation of young cartoonists to come in and try stuff

Gumball, Clarence, Gravity Falls & SU are the first shows of their respective creators. Why cant they just be the face of the upcoming generation too?

2016 really is the death of everything

I was born in 98.
Hey wassup.
Jesus christ, I remember obsessively looking up every detail about this show when I was 13 to decipher the lore....now it's gone.... I only pretended to hate the newer seasons yet I secretly enjoyed it. I only said that to please Cred Forums. I wasn't completely serious when I said I wanted it to end, but it happened. Sure I don't want it to end up like the Simpsons, but it's still a part of me. Now I have no new cartoons to watch. At least my hero academia is a good anime

That applies to America too

>I only said that to please Cred Forums.
Stop doing that, it's dumb.

When have you started coming here?

2 years I think? I lurked Cred Forums for awhile and visited encyclopedia dramatica to learn things since I was 14

Chin up

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc

Considering Adventure Time and the early staff behind it were a huge inspiration for me to start getting my art shit in gear, it's gonna be sad to see it go.
All I can hope for is an actual ending, though

God forbid the ending's as disappointing as the comet was

>visited encyclopedia dramatica to learn things
Jeez so did I when I was 12 and I'm 4 years older than you, I thought that site was a relic from my preteen years that nobody payed attention to after that specific time period, but I guess not

Eh, AT needed to end it already feels it's been dragging it's been for awhile now. Other than Loud House and Star Vs I haven't been a fan of the newer shows that have come out these past year or so.

I'm hoping Netflix picks up the slack, most their animated series look cheap or have ugly art with the exception of Voltron which needs to up it's writing.

what did /lhg/ MEAN by this?

Bait has to be subtle, user

>Obama is giving the internet away to ICANN by Tommorrow/Saturday
>TPP up ahead soon
2017 - HELL ON EARTH

HERE WE GOOOOOOO

Dok nema mačke miŔevi kolo vode.

Thank you Jesus for the end of this suffering

I remember being an underaged faggot in fear of getting mocked about my age back in the day. Now I am only 23 and you faggots make me feel like a grandpa. Whoever is still here who was my age back then probably feels the same way too.

sorry

i don't speak italian

I still love Adventure Time, and I think some of the last episodes are very very good.

Like S07 Hall of egress.

also 98, 1898

I'm 30 and there's loads and loads of even older people here.

Also 30.

I remember when Cred Forums started back in 2006. I was worried it would ruin the weeb feel of the site.

Cred Forums is the whole reason I came to Cred Forums

I merely seized the opportunity to find out if there are other cartoon fans out there. Good times.

I'm 18, I've been here for years, I have never feared that and nobody ever figured it out.

Did the weaboo-hating shit exist back then? I'm pretty sure it's just shitposting most of the time (you can't really come here and try to change everything like that as an outsider) but considering stuff like Cred Forums exists someone is definitely going to take it seriously.

>ITT young anons feel old because their Golden Calf is finally being put out to pasture.

>one user = an entire fandom

Same here. Still wigs me out that I no longer have to lie about being over 18 to access sites.

It's hard to explain, it was just an accepted part of the culture. We were all weebs. Like, why would you be if you weren't? If anything that massive new board expansion at the time was the beginning of the move away from it, Cred Forums and Cred Forums came in April of 2006 with Cred Forums. Note what Kaziklu is saying about hoping to find other people with his interest on Cred Forums. Harmless at first, but you can see how anti-weebs would come over time by the same logic.

And yeah, I agree it's shitposting most of the time anyway, but the general feel of the site has changed a lot in a decade. As it would with any major website that lasted this long, of course.

I still remember Cred Forums and Cred Forums's very first memes.

nah the SU production cycle is no longer than any other show on there, it was basically modeled after adventure time since Rebecca enjoyed the way she had been able to make episodes when she worked for that show

like the Nuke is clear proof that they are dicking around with the schedule, they just could have not had a hiatus and done weekly instead of that crazy stunt

They're scared to like a show unless they can convince themselves that it's "the best". Otherwise they might accidentally find out they have corny taste. It's pretty common for young people, especially young people that hang out on Cred Forums

Weeb hate in general only became a thing after we as a collective gazed into the abyss of the Internet. I never took it seriously or cared at all. I watched cartoons, I watched anime, and I liked both. Besides if we're going to talk about weeaboos then we must be fair and speak of ZADR fans and similar shit. Autism finds a way.

I first started coming to Cred Forums in 2005 and as said the site has changed tremendously over the years. I never forgave moot for putting up that Web 2.0 front page. You should've seen how enraged people were about that.

As for Cred Forums, I was new to the Internet as a whole, and it never occured to me that there perhaps exist people who like cartoons. It seems silly in hindsight but we're basically talking about a different world.

This is how new I was. And also, this is how often this thread pops up year after year. There's nothing new under the sun.

I honestly forgot how I found that sute, but it led me to Cred Forums.
Same. You kind sharing your art?I feel like the loud house will become the next mlp, an obnoxious fandom. They show up where no one needed or asked of their presence.

That was the point i stopped watching the series. It was just getting too feoressing for what it is. Also, wasnt that later revealed to be an alternate timeline?

Fuck you, su is just as good if not more then gravity falls and loud house.

Old stuff or current?

Right here my guy

I would be extremely salty, even though i kinda see it coming, I'd still be mad they went with such a shit ship

>Problem
>Problem takes a physical form
>Musical Montage
>Problem is defeated

Every fucking Regualr Show episode ever

to say it was a great ride is an understatement. Hell, to say this is the end of an era is an understatement.

Gravity Falls, Regular Show, and now Adventure Time. All were a big part in bringing cartoons back to greatness, ending the string of dull, uninteresting cartoon programming that plagued TV for nearly a decade.

Once Steven Universe goes, too, I'm not sure what else will be left to fill that void... if it even can be filled.

Any is good

Well here's some stuff from when the show first started

Lmao peeb the weeb that's cute. What art tools do you use?

oh shit it's cheesblade! Wassup motherfucker?

Adventure Time started off good, then tried too hard to have lore and got really shitty.

Should've ended a long time ago.

>There are people on Cred Forums who consider Adventure Time an "aspect of their childhood"
Either I'm getting old or you're a toddler, OP.

Having a lore is half the reason it's good though. Stop this meme

To be honest I'd even just love a reboot done by competent writers. Either die or be written by better people damn it.

Back then it was SAI but now I use Clip Studio Paint
Don't leave me high and dry though, post some of your stuff too
The usual: taking on too many projects at once and getting burnt out on them

Meh, still more than a year away. And what said.

The latter would imply neither of you grows up.

wait Obama is doing what?

Not him but Obama is relinquishing final US control over the internet, to the UN. This means countries like Saudi Arabia, China, and etc can have potential power over the internet. It also means that SJWs will be given a more lengthened determination for censorship. Whether this will all happen, who knows. Just know that the US has better free speech laws than most European countries, though they still die more.

Alright hold on I'll post some old stuff

FUCK! I CAN'T EVEN ESCAPE THIS BULLSHIT BY MOVING TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY! FIRST THE SJW GOOGLE BOT, NOW THIS? FUCK THAT ANOREXIC BURNT MARSHMALLOW TO DEATH!!!

>This means countries like Saudi Arabia, China, and etc can have potential power over the internet. It also means that SJWs will be given a more lengthened determination for censorship.
Is it Saudi Arabia or SJWs? Make up your fucking mind.

Saudi Arabia and China are largely involved in censorship moron. SJWs are trying to appease to the UN and with this final move the UN has full power over it. Are you butthurt because I'm impartial to the Left or Right and want to try to scapegoat me as some Cred Forums retard? Try again. user asked for information, I let him know: It's both.

You realize different groups can try to censor things right? You must be twelve.

You are retards if you think handing control to the un from the us puts it out of control of the us. The UN is just America's fucking hand puppet

Why not just hire new writers like they are currently doing? What's the point of casting and creating an entirely different show when you can just hire different writers and get the same effect?

And nothing of value was lost

How do you try too hard to have lore? Ooo being post apoctalyptic has been hinted at since season 1.

And you're retarded if you think Saudi Arabia isn't going to try and force more censorship. We can go at this all day but the internet is in better hands in the US too than all in the hands of the UN. How about reading about it from very LEFT LEANING sites who feel the move is giving up major power over the internet, as well as explaining why. The Right is automatically going to be retards about it but the Left knows it's a terrible decision as well. I'm not going to drive this conversation into Cred Forums like you so obviously want it too, have fun in retard land friend.

I mean maybe in 10 years

at least this show is a good choice for a reboot since it was popular but most people agreed the writers fucked it up

problem is they only reboot good shows that everyone agrees were good and no one actually think needed more added to them

No recast, voices are great. Just new writers who can do it better.

True, it's really just a hopeless, useless want for Adventure Time to be done justice. Was in a dark place when it first aired and it brought me temporary happiness so that I could finally become happy myself. Seeing it go so far down the tubes is why I just wish it was written well. I wouldn't want a recasting either, the voices are great and I don't really know of anyone who could potentially mimic Jakes voice, though there are people out there, I'm sure.

It's an address book you fucking idiots. Read the news.

Money's on the show ending with Finn turning 18

He's 17 now isn't he? Season 9 confirmed so that would be next season he's 18. Dunno, dun see it happening that quick but maybe it'll be treated just like GL:TAS and Tron.

I'm in the same boat my dude.
I've been wanting the show to end for a while now, but now that it is, I just know I'm gonna cry like a bitch during the finale.

I've been watching the show since it premiered, and I'm also a '98 baby. Feels like I'm losing a piece of my innocence/youth, but it's for the best. I'm glad it's getting a natural conclusion, it's time.

>reboot
no reboots, just get new writers from fanfiction.net

>all these western cartoons shows ending soon

It's kinda great seeing anime on top again. Cred Forums knows how it feels mang.

Not reboot reboot. Just give me competent writers and a fresher season.

>tfw when I have bad knees and grey hair but I'm only 23

FUCK

where does the image on the top left come from I'm curious?

>tfw you'll never get early CN again

Cartoon Network is dead.

i stopped caring four years ago.

Them pulling a Korrasami won't have a lasting effect of positivity since it doesn't have a fanbase as active as its first five seasons.

I know I only enjoyed five of those but man, everything I love is just...ending at the same time, or closely together.

>Remembering the old weekly threads season one
>its been half a decade +
>everything is downhill

Well time tp cry.

Everything after season 3 has been garbage, you know this and I know this and so does everybody else in this thread.
Now if only Steven Universe can kick the bucket soon after

I would have given a shit if this had been years ago when the show was actually worth watching.

But it isn't so I don't.

>those early talkback threads
>Adventure Time was still sharing them with Flapjack since Flap hadn't ended yet
>everyone losing their shit at Tree Trunks exploding

AT threads were great before Cred Forums fell out of love with the show.

This explains why people have been calling this board Cred Forumsmblr for some time now

So young people are automatically Tumblr now?

It feels like not only the animation department looks bleak for the future, but America's future also looks bleak. We have a Meme and Hillary Clinton running for president, neither of those would make good presidents.

2016 in general is pretty awful

>Everything is gradually getting replaced by something cheaper.
What did Steven Universe replace?
What will replace it?

t. underage

Steven Universe replaced Adventure Time.

everyone stopped caring about Adventure Time when Steven Universe started getting into the LOR E

>The only reason you care about twelve forever is because you want to fuck the villian
No wonder Steven Universe is so popular then.
Honestly though all the """"""girls"""""" in that show are ugly, mentally-unstable bitches, how do people see any appeal in them?

>Pen used to stream every Sunday/ weekend
>one week he didn't
>thus AT drawthreads were born

what a mistake those were

Only because it did well with most of its pacing for the first two seasons. Let it stretch out for six seasons and let's see how well they would handle it, or if they'll let it end with dignity.

On the bright side, with all these cartoons ending, they will never live long enough to become The Simpsons, Spongebob or Fairly Oddparents. Adventure Time is already starting to get to the level of those shows. Best to put a bullet in it now before it gets worse.

Fuck no, those things were a fucking blast. So many good artists in there, best community ever centered around the show. Shit was special.

Even if they fell apart at the same rate as the show did they were still top tier stuff man.

Symbiotic Titan

It did really well the first 2 seasons, but man, they really dropped the ball in Season 3.

Also, I feel like Adventure Time should NEVER have started getting into lore and shit, that's when it started to get worse

You get used to it.

No seriously, I had no intention of watching it but my friends and by friends I mean a group of people I overhear talking to each other every day and Cred Forums just loves talking about it that I decided to see where all the love was coming from.

About 10 episodes in and I already got used to Garnet's design and have acknowledged Pearl and Amethyst's to be kinda alright.

I pretty much stayed because of Peridot and Greg in the later parts.

>was
Keyword, since Regular Show has been shit for the past few years even before AT's own decline.

The early stuff was good but then the "old guard" fell out and from then it was a decline (trying to have threads whenever instead of sticking to the schedule, repetitive requests, etc)

>everyone losing their shit at Tree Trunks exploding
The memories. It was a happier time of life, noe Im almost 30. Fuck.
They were fun till it became tripfag corclejerk central.

>those times Nat, Sugar, and Pen posted here

Lore was the reason the fandom grew though. I mean Simon's video tape apparently garnered a shitstorm at Cred Forums and every Marcy-IceKing episode was hyped while Finn just made himself feel so...redundant and desperate to get laid.

Tree Trunks should have stayed dead man, half a decade and I'm still annoyed at that.

Killing her off in a fantastic way while people still loved her is so much better than bringing her back so many times that she becomes annoying and boring.

>13, 14, 19
>not teenagers
okay buddy

>I thought everyone moved onto Steven Universe.
No, that's just the SU fanbase trying to get a stranglehold over Cred Forums as the only cartoon people actively talk about. I use actively very loosely because most SU threads are just art/waifu dumps unless they're trying to dogpile any and all criticism thrown at the show. Haven't you noticed how a lot of threads these days there are people trying to steer it into focusing only on Steven Universe, even if it was never mentioned before?

Did Sugar ever post while she was still on AT? I can't remember her, Jesse posted a million times though.

And I just thought the drawthreads started getting bad when the fanbase began to shrink/artists moved on. Less good requests, less good people to draw said requests, just became sad to see.

Yeah, but Cred Forums was young and didn't know better.

Adventure Time had great potential with the lore, but they dropped the fucking ball pretty hard, so I wish it just had 4 or 5 seasons of goofy fun episodes and ended at that

This.

Sugar herself never posted but Nat and Pen, definitely

I've noticed, mostly if the OP is SU and the topic is seemingly not connected to SU but they decided to use an SU pic just to make thinly veiled SU threads outside of the general.

There was another guy too. Last name starts with M. I think it was Jesse Monysomething

Guys
What happened in AT?
I lost interest in it since the episode "Betty"

He's the one who made all the abstract deep stuff that people hated, but he still easily made some of the best episodes of the show.

>Sugar
Some speculate some of the art posted very early threads were hers. Nat and Pen did.
I left the threads around flame princess when i stopped caring about the show as much.

>despite it being their best rated show
Most actual kids prefer to watch one of the other CN shows though, it's only college freshies and raging SJW sluts that think it's the best they got because "lol progression and endless nostalgia references!".

Jesse was one of few to directly post and even then this was like, season 5-ish

everyone lurked at some capacity at some time or another

Eh, got a little worse but still pretty good. Quality didn't really drop but the storywriting was still pretty bad. Still lots of good shit though.

>Regular Show
>ending is announced out of nowhere by a tweet Mark Hamill made

>Gumball
>ending is announced out of nowhere by a tweet the creator made
Fuck you, I have no clue how to spell his name and I'm too lazy to Google.

>Adventure Time
>ending is announced two years beforehand

They don't spend that long on this shit, and they certainly shouldn't be given the type of inaction happening in episodes and if they did then how are there still so many fucking animation errors/inconsistencies god damn. They just dump episodes in large batches in order to eat up a large chunk of CN's timeslots so kids can't avoid seeing it during afternoon/evening prime time.

Maybe they wanted to add to the recurring theme of Cartoon cancellations/endings getting announced in 2016

At least you'd be old enough to actually remember 9/11 happening in real time

>the most popular inhouse-made show is given two years in advance to end
Gee wonder why

>No Ratings
I don't get it, what's that supposed to mean for a kid's cartoon and is it supposed to be a bad thing like the image is implying?

ugh, i saw that in theaters, i was so disappointing it wasn't another TMNT 1. then later i loved TMNT 3 because its goofy and stupid, better than 2 (though it does have disappointing final fight, which is great).

The top left image is something the creator of Uncle Grandpa drew when he found out he was cancelled

this

i don't get what anyone saw in EEE, at all.
though, its because im from the 80's and we had fucking GI joe and transformers and to a lesser extent centurions (they had gay as fuck mustaches)

So this is his death rattle before being removed from office

>Let it stretch out for six seasons and let's see how well they would handle it,
It's on like season 5 now, and let's just say you could fit all of the actually important episodes into a 2GB flash drive

I love the animation in EEnE

plus the characters are pretty lovable and funny imo.
I can see why people would be turned off by it though.

>Cred Forums just loves talking about it
I didn't realize Cred Forums consisted of only /sug/, should we get the board renamed in recognition of this?

>They show up where no one needed or asked of their presence.
It's really just the one user who makes all these dumb edits just to start shit, and then the idiots that follow him. before The Loud House it would've been The Fairly Odd Parents.

Flame Princess was when the show made the drastic shift to be almost nothing but relational stuff, with the fantasy setting serving as a background rather than an active part of the series. A lot of people left the show at that point, although I heard that the recent seasons have tried to go back to the original seasons' feel and setups.

Gotta make room for more of this shit amirite?

>I feel like steven universe will become the next mlp, an obnoxious fandom.
You can't go through one thread before somebody eventually tries to shove SU down people's craphole.

When will Cred Forums make a /su/ board?

I want any mentions of the show to get banned outside the board because the mods are autistic

>I feel like the loud house will become the next mlp, an obnoxious fandom. They show up where no one needed or asked of their presence.
You realize you just described Steven Universe and /sug/, right? At least loud house faggots on here know how to keep their shit contained, and they certainly don't try invading other threads to either randomly bring it up into view or defend it vehemently and blindly disregarding any and all things said against their show.

Not to mention that half the threads here are about Steven Universe topics.

when /sug/ gets banned, everyone starts making /sug/ threads that aren't labeled "/sug/" so they can calm the mod's autism.

It also pisses me off that /sveg/ generals get pruned in a heartbeat but SU continues to invade the catalog

You faggots are the ones bringing it up and talking about it

Unless the only way we find out is from Finn walking in on PB wrist-deep in Marcy's bat-snatch, I don't care.

I like how you only quoted the most posts that are saying bad things about your precious little show and not the actual first few posts to bring up Steven Universe in this thread.
Seriously though when are you and the rest of the fuckheads you ally with gonna go back to /sug/? If you can't find it on Cred Forums then it's on /trash/ like it's always been.

I havent watched the show since Fin got cucked by Cinnamon Bun

What did I miss

Children get older. You're getting older too.

Huntress Wizzard got an episode

That'd actually be a fucking great ending.

Shit on top of garbage.

Thank fuck. I haven't watched it since season 2 and it looks like utter shit.

Cinnamoned basically. Huge arch about how FP and CB are in love. You also missed Finns dad, Stakes, a huntress wizard, and a blue sex nymph who controls water - So really, not much.

there's nothing patrician about watching cartoons meant for children

>Huge arch about how FP and CB are in love
why, he's an idiot

He got cooked by fire so he became smart. He's not so much of an idiot anymore.

Ultra Satan may be onto something here

>>youtu.be/H_CwT7p8-e8

So will you guys start watching SU, SVE and Loud House? Or will you watch reruns of all your old shows until something new and exciting comes along to replace this decade's crop of cartoons?

Halloween 85 here my fellow 85er

>FP & CB in love
Rule34 doesn't count for canon dude

I have an entire backlog of anime & cartoons to keep me until the next quality cartoon series.

That wasn't even an arc you dumbass, and they weren't even remotely in love.

I got a lot of other shows I need to catch up on
Normie stuff, you dig

it is canon

>childhood

Fuck, I am old.
Also, wow, Cred Forums really has the youngest posters.

In two years, there's gonna be people that were born during the 2000s

I stopped watching Adventure time when finn became an enormous fucking retard and got cucked by a fucking desert.

Has literally anything worth watching happened? Because the slow progression that seemed to exist in the earlier episodes was replaced by episodic randomness.

Isn't Cred Forums still the gateway?

Adventure Time is a CalArts show

I think it's more Cred Forums and Cred Forums now actually.

I'm 91

>Cred Forums a gateway
Please no

There were eight fucking episodes covering FP and CBs relationship, how is that not an arc?

what fucking show did you watch dude, there were like 3 spread across a period of two years.
also they're not in a relationship.

As in you think it isn't? It's just a bunch of idiots trying too hard to fit in what they expect Cred Forums to be like and pretend they know what they're talking about while making dumb jokes about Trump and SJWs.

>something new and exciting
I've got a bad hunch about future shows, everything seem to point at low budget, super safe, politically correct shows being the norm.

Damn i made a sad, i'm gonna go watch a marathon of Bots Master or something.

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just wishing it wasn't.

It was a whole special like Stakes, you pretending it didn't happen doesn't mean it didn't happen. This denial man.

Water nymph, a huntress wizard, and a bee. What season did you stop watching?

oh you're fibbing me, alright dude. not half bad stuff there.

I se. I just wanted to point it out either way

I love you.

No that's Cred Forums and Cred Forums

I doubt that the people who discover Cred Forums from Cred Forums go on to post in other boards.

Holy fuck, I just realized AT came out when I was 10. Shit.

unless you mean the pilot you should delete that post whippersnapper.

My bad. Still it's so fucking weird to think about.

----->I was thinking that it came out in 08. Sorry.

But what about feelings and the ever growing array of woms?

LEAVE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

DO NOT BELIEVE HIS LIES

DO NOT LOOK BACK

END IT NOW

Don't worry, m8, everyone with a modicum of sense knows it's the SU hatedom who really cause the ruckus here.

Hah Cred Forums will always be weeb place and nothing will chance

Remember when gaia was our enemy before reddit

why you gotta bring up that song my man

if someone posts "what a wonderful world" i'm going to have a feels night

are you kidding? Cred Forums repels young people like a flyzapper. Cred Forums is a husk of its former self, it's where most people who still think Cred Forums is a 2004 sekret club go to and act edgy, only edgy now is a mix of SJWs and other softer mentalities

source: I'm a Cred Forums /vp/ and Cred Forums browser and I can tell you more than I like to admit about each board. Cred Forums is legitimate right wingers, but most are at least 18, with a pretentious if not ahead-of-his-years 17 year old anytime people share their asl

>Cred Forums is legitimate right wingers
Yeah? We already know that.

>share their asl
Yeah, there's no way at all they could lie.

>Cred Forums repels young people
According to what exactly? Cred Forums's shit is popular enough. Also, you're ignoring the fact that being older than 18 doesn't stop you from being a dumb idiot.

You haven't watched AT until you've watched Food Chain while high as fuck.

>All cartoons will die
>All except Steven Universe
>The board gets renamed and becomes /csu/
>Comics and Steven Universe
All according to plan.

I should be sad, but I've been uninterested in AT for what feels like forever now. Still, it definitely had a good run and I'm glad I enjoyed it for a fair stretch of time. RIP old friend, you'll be missed slightly

edgy teens don't want to talk politics, that's your answer right there

inside king worm's dreamscape all along

we are closer to 2020 than we are to 2000

Bretty gud.
But Finn shouldn't have to do it alone. Set him up with a new sidekick before he leaves.

Yes, they do. Not actual discussion mind you, but Cred Forums doesn't do that either.

Post season 2 finales should be a good indication, so no.

Man, this thread is really depressing.

No. Stop this.

Reboot's title card had been released. Still no air date, though.

I've seen some people say that Gumball's sixth season will be its last entirely, while others say it's just the last one that Ben's working on. Does anyone know which it is?

>They never found the candy island
I'm still mad

>SJW actually achieving anything
I'm more worried about all those oligarchs and fat agency fucks already happily suppressing information

I still like ~40% of the episodes enough to waste 10 minutes every couple weeks or so

still salty at Finn's arm, the ending of the Marceline multiepisode and the state of the Ice King arc though

I literally have no feelings about this.

I never cared about the show in any good or bad capacity.

They are on the same level of retardation

How a dare people mention a cartoon on a cartoon board!!!!!

>Cred Forums repels young people like a flyzapper

Go to bed grampa

Holy fuck that triggered me. 2 years from now I'll have to actually leave this place before I'm a grandpa

Ice King arc literally peaked with the reveal crammed into the end of the holiday special that he was once just some normal human living everyday life on earth.

Shit, the whole show might have peaked right there since it became less appealing with the more they revealed about the setting. Wasn't as fun without the remnants of an apocalypse getting ignored in the background.

Ever been to Cred Forums?

>literally
You're just sharing your own taste and opinion

>got cucked by a fuckin desert
Literally never happened. Learn what cucked means, and if you bother to watch the show you would know Finn and FP are friends now. FP and CB never dated, he is her knight.

Good fuck this shit let it end

>slow progression and episodic randomness
>implying there was any progress in the first seasons
>implying thats not how its always been since about season 3
Not directed solely at you, but why do lorefags go ape shit whenever they aren't introduced to a groundbreaking plot every revelation, and any episode of our characters being comfy is filler.

How so? CB said he is in love with her
FP: Aw
CB said he will he her knight.
That's as far as it ever went. And FP seems more like a baby sitter to him, she has him around like a child most of the time.

Stakes had nothing to do with CB and FP. There only appearance was a non-speaking role in the final episode. And FP was reading.

Can I handle the seasons of my life?

adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_5:_2012-2014

This is the only correct answer. Look at what you missed for yourself.

>tried
It did

>special pleading

The only ending I accept is where they all die. Except maybe Finn. Seriously, fuck Ooo and everyone in it

Thank you Jesus.

Finn and the audience come to learn a truth that changes the entire perspective on every episode before this and then just cuts to black.

But him going off alone would be the best way to show that he's matured or whatever the fuck since he doesn't need to be holding his brother's hand the entire time.

I could see him having a partner too though, maybe either a new lady friend or some adventuring companion he made who shares personality better than Jake would at that point.

I'm still not sure if it has been cancelled by execs or it was a decision taken by the creators.

At least it ends with Finn turning 18.

I could see it being both. Finn's about 17-18, now, so he's pretty much an adult. With the seasons being more and more about him maturing into his own kind of adult, it makes sense to end the show when he's fully grown.

you haven't been on Cred Forums then

Time judged all
UNMEI CROSS SURU IMA

Holy shit, m8. Opened my eyes. I fucking hate "fans" of shit. What you said is especially true for capeshit fans, ESPECIALLY when it comes to their shitty movies.
Can't believe BvS and SS are good are still being memed to this day.

this thread makes me angry on a multitude of levels.

>>Gumball
>>ending
What rock have I been under?

i sometimes still miss the sidebar.

>It did
It really didn't.

>to be almost nothing but relational stuff
This just is not true. Let's look at Season 5, the peak of relationship drama

Finn the Human - nope
Jake the Dog - nope
Five More Short Graybles - nope
Up a Tree - nope
All the Little People - Yes
Jake the Dad - Yes, but not Finn
Davey - nope
Mystery Dungeon - nope
All Your Fault - nope
Little Dude - nope
Bad Little Boy - Yes, in a meta sense
Vault of Bones - Yes
The Great Bird Man - nope
Simon & Marcy - nope
A Glitch Is a Glitch - nope
Puhoy - Yes, and one of the best episodes of the show I might add
BMO Lost - nope
Princess Potluck - nope
James Baxter the Horse - nope
Shh! - nope
The Suitor - Yes, not about Finn
The Party's Over, Isla de SeƱorita - Yes, not about Finn
One Last Job - nope
Another Five More Short Graybles - nope
Candy Streets - Yes, technically, not about Finn
Wizards Only, Fools - nope
Jake Suit - nope
Be More - nope
Sky Witch - Yes, not about Finn
Frost & Fire - Yes
Too Old - Yes
Earth & Water - Yes
Time Sandwich - nope
The Vault - nope
Love Games - Yes, technically
Dungeon Train - Kind of
Box Prince - nope
Red Starved - nope
We Fixed a Truck - nope
Play Date - nope
The Pit - nope
James - nope
Root Beer Guy - nope
Apple Wedding - Yes, not about Finn
Blade of Grass - nope
Rattleballs - nope
The Red Throne - Yes
Betty - Yes, not about Finn
Bad Timing - Yes, not about Finn
Lemonhope P1 & P2 - nope
Billy's Bucket List - not really, but could be argued.

Not even close to half, much less 'almost nothing but'

How so?

By the creators. If the show was cancelled production would end, but the show is still in production right now. CN Instagram stated that PRODUCTION ends in 2018.

It was better than the previous season, I'll give you that. But recapturing the feel of earlier seasons? Not even.

Finn hanging out in a diner waiting for his friends while a jukebox plays Don't Stpp Believing in the background. His friends begin to arrive one by one while a candy person makes a few sneaky glances at Finn. Once PBG walks in the screen cuts to black.

I came into the show sorta late, only catching up to it after the fifth season began. It's had it's ups and downs, but on the whole, I still love the show. I'm a little sad that it will be ending, but I'm glad that it has room to end on it's own terms.

You know, it actually makes more sense for them to be here than you. You embarrassing old fuck.

Not sure why I hate people born in 1997 but people born in 1998 are alright to me.
Any 96's here?

one of my best friends died like five years ago and all his favorite cartoons have gotten cancelled this year and it's just been the worst way to acknowledge how long it's been. i remember when he sent me the pilot to regular show and AT and now they're all RIP.

>everything I don't like is tumblr

i like

>what is nostalgia
Irrelevant. How the episodes made you feel matter not; you don't reminisce over an episode that just aired. That's why it makes you feel a different way.

I'm '93. just realised I've been on Cred Forums since 2009. Christ...

Can you abridge all lore and major events (while marking the ones that got staus uo'd and had no impact after all) of this show, Cred Forums?

Remember when I first saw it as a kid and was so confused as to why all of their outlines were squiggling about. Became my favorite show as a kid, still one of my favorite cartoons to watch now.

>implying
As someone who hasn't always had cable, I'd say I got into Adventure Time a little later than most, actually.
Still don't think you can say it recaptured the feel of the earlier seasons.
Sure you can say it tried. But it didn't.

>I was born in 1998.
Soon, there will be roughly only 10 people on this board who were born in the 80's.

Regular Show's great. Me and my buddy always watched it together. We hadn't watched like the last three seasons or so but we watched the movie recently and that shit was pretty great.

1996, reporting in.

87 here

Yes, I have. It's no different from a middle school.

It's all here
imgur.com/gallery/IpzJZ

>I still remember Cred Forums and Cred Forums's very first memes.
What were Cred Forums's first memes, user? I've only been here since 2010.

>911
Nice.

There's no way everything in this album came from the TV show. I don't remember Simon leaving Marceline a note on how to summon Abadeer. Are any of these events from the books or comics? How much of the non-show material is canon?

IIRC, only the show itself and The Enchiridion/Marcy's Secret Scrapbook are canon, and a lot of shit from came from that book.

>coming this November to Cartoon Network
well it's better than no info whatsoever

Pretty much everything that isn't directly from the show comes from the Enchiridion/Marcy's Scrapbook double book they released. Comics are their own separate canon from the show, except for a one-off tie-in to Stakes that shows teenage Marceline hunting down The Moon.

Misquoted

Fosters home ending

satanic trips confirm

Holy schitt

>fujoshi
There are very little men you retard.

SU has at least two or three good seasons.

Actually, Sugar confirmed that SU is handrawn rather digitally animated.

What the fuck is a hot topic cartoon?

This post is filled with salt.

post proof

And nothing of value was lost.

>implying you won't fade into obscurity as well
Say when are you gonna tell Dipper about mandingo's disappearance?

Most things I don't like do end up being Tumblr.

They will have several spinoffs for other characters like Marceline and eventually a movie before AT finally dies for good. CN is too far up its ass to let it go. We will never be free.

>The early 2000s had its moments, but the middle and late 2000s were mostly trash, in most areas of culture

Who agrees?

Adventure Time was like a second childhood renaissance to me. I'll miss it dearly.

2011-era AT generals/drawthreads were golden.

No, the mid 2000s were good too

>tfw there are people who were children during the 2000s here now
They've been allowed to post for like four years though.

I'd say someone born in 1994, despite what Facebook and 9gag maymays say, is really more of an "00s kid" than a "90s kid". Their childhood was more centered on the 00s and they would only remember '99 from the 90s.

My brother was born in 1984 and he considers himself a bonafide 90s kid, not an 80s kid. He doesn't say stuff like "oh, the 80s didn't end until 1994" like Tumblr teens who want to be 90s kids say

92. Been here since 2010. I feel ambivalent about this, as well as most aspects of my life.

this may sound fucked up, but I was 18 when adventure time started. I was a stoner college freshman. Now Adventure time is dying and I'm a 24 year old copywriter for an advertising company. I'm kind of in a state of shock, now that Regular show and adventure time are going away i'm officially no longer part of CN's target audience. I'm just sort of a weird sad adult and it makes me feel really hollow inside, there's not much I look forward to watching/playing/buying anymore. Just bills and groceries. Is this all life is?

>AT is ending
>RS is ending
>Gumball is ending
What the fuck does CN even have left at this point? 18 hours of Tee Titans Go and 6 hours of SU a day?

That truly was a great summer.