THE DOMINATORS ARE THE VILLAINS OF CW'S CROSSOVER EVENT THIS YEAR!

cbr.com/classic-dc-aliens-at-center-of-arrow-flash-supergirl-crossover/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFDcAvYF_aE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One of the biggest questions surrounding the highly anticipated crossover between “Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Supergirl” and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” has at last been answered: the identity of the big villain for the CW event.

Warner Bros. revealed this afternoon that the heroes of the “Arrowverse” will face off against the Dominators, the gene-manipulating DC Comics aliens who over the years have plagued the Legion of Super-Heroes and Justice League. They’re perhaps best known for their prominent role in DC’s 1988-89 crossover event “Invasion!”

“This year, for our mega ‘Arrowverse’ crossover, we’re taking inspiration from a DC crossover from the late 1980s known as ‘Invasion!,’ which featured an alien race called the Dominators, who’d previously vexed the Legion of Super-Heroes,” “Arrow” and “Legends of Tomorrow” Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “We’re using cutting-edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”

Introduced in 1967’s “Adventure Comics” #361, the Dominators were initially a 30th-century foe of the Legion of Super-Heroes who had been engaged in a lengthy war with the United Planets. In “Invasion!,” however, they appeared in the 20th century, where they assembled a coalition of alien races to invade Earth, with the apparent goal of eliminating the threat posed by “metahumans” — that is, super-powered people. Unknown to the other members of the alien alliance, the Dominators intended to harness the metagene and create their own army of metahumans.

Needless to say, the invasion was thwarted, but not before a Gene Bomb designed to kill metahumans detonates, but has the unintended consequence of creating more metahumans. It’s easy to see how that plot element could play into the plans for The CW’s superhero dramas.

The four-way crossover is expected to air in December. “The Flash” returns to The CW on Tuesday, Oct. 4, followed by “Arrow” on Tuesday, Oct. 5, “Supergirl” on Monday, Oct. 10, and “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” on Thursday, Oct. 13.

invasion was such a bad event

Not even Keith Giffen likes it

>THE DOMINATORS
My dik got hard...then i remembered Felicity, she is proabably going to defeat them...

Hmm, I wonder how they'll fuck this one up.

>no Captain Atom

Who cares then?

literally who

>trusting anything Guggenheim has to say.

swear to god, if this is a shitty setup for a spinoff like it was last year, I'm gonna be pissed

>inb4 Barry "wasn't fast enough"
>inb4 somebody dies and Oliver blames himself

>Dominators
Bart?

>The Dominators
OH BOY! TIME FOR SCIENCE!!!

Fuck off Geoff Johns.

How long til some bitches about them being a Japanese racist character?

they...definitely look unfortunately racist

Whoever is running the CW will never get enough props for this shit.

While I'm happy to see the Dominators getting some attention, it's a bit disappointing they're adapting Invasion of all things. Invasion was just so dull.

On the other hand, it's possible we'll get at least a L.E.G.I.O.N reference/cameo out of this.

I mean, sorry, but they've always had a bit of the yellow peril about them. For fucks sake, look at them! They're an entire species of Fu Manchus. There's really no getting around it.

Okay, just for that I'm making sure to reenact the Captain Atom vs pickle jar scene from Brave and Bold when we get around to introducing Nate.

youtube.com/watch?v=KFDcAvYF_aE

if they remove the big red dot and tinted the yellow with a green hue, would that be better?

>remove the dot
Can't, since it's actually a part of their culture. The bigger the dot, the higher the rank. The greenish tint would probably suffice.

honestly? Make them, like, green and their dot white and it'd be less terrible. The Fu Manchu is still there but...they're literally yellow with the japanese rising sun on their foreheads

At least it spawned L.E.G.I.O.N.

Probably too expensive.

A shame, since they got the perfect Eiling, despite mispronouncing his name.

>Fu Manchu
Were exactly is the Fu Manchu? I don't think these yellow fuckers even have facial hair.

Shit, meant to ask

Interesting, I wonder how they will look? Go CGI or actors in costumes?

> “We’re using cutting-edge prosthetics and computer effects to achieve a feature film-quality look which is faithful to Invasion! artist Todd McFarlane’s interpretation of the characters.”

Bit of both like their work on Martian Manhunter.

>Were exactly is the Fu Manchu?
Well, they do have a penchant for wearing long robes, and keeping their fingernails really long and sharp...

But honestly, it ultimately doesn't matter since the Dominators are Space Pirate levels of wacky SCIENCE!!! villains. All they need is scannable data detailing how they comically killed their own troops trying to create their own version of the Legion's flight rings.

>Well, they do have a penchant for wearing long robes, and keeping their fingernails really long and sharp...
"AND THAT MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITHOUT PROPER FACIAL HAIR!"

>the heroes of the “Arrowverse”
I think its time to call it Flashverse, sure Arrow came first, but all the world building is coming from Flash. Hell, Arrow doesnt even know Supergirl yet

Shared universes are always named after what came first. Buffyverse, etc.

>Make them, like, green and their dot white and it'd be less terrible.
Executives pls go. You can't completely change their color scheme and then call it a Dominator.

>the Dominators were initially a 30th-century foe of the Legion of Super-Heroes
We're getting Impulse, fuck yes.

That doesn't even make any sense. Arrow came first so its the Arrowverse. Flashverse sounds like shit too.

lead to L.E.G.I.O.N.

granted it ended Omega Men

they actually were blue with just big heads in their first appearance.

I have no idea how they became yellow peril stereotypes and i'm hardcore legion as fuck

>tfw no Wally and Castro team up

>you wish for a name change on the monkeys paw
>feliciverse

just reverse it then. red with a yellow dot. or just use different shades of yellow than peril.

they should definitely keep the design very similar though, its free advertising if nothing else.

>Dominators
Tuuubes.

How dare you? It was written by Mantlo.

I want them to appear in a live action LoSH project. The 1989 run was godly.

>live action LoSH
I mean, I've said before that I'd actually be okay with CW doing it, cause teen drama is their wheelhouse, but still.

If the focus was kept to episodic adventures and character interaction, maybe. Frankly, doing long, serialized storylines in LOSH always seemed like a mistake.

It'd have to be Star Trek.

Exactly. Just format it like Star Trek, and it'll have a chance.

It's a deal. And the Khunds will be the Klingons.

>Dominators

Pretty sure the Khunds are actually based on the Klingons.

Not sure. They were created in July 1966.

The guys that made Animal Man?

Pity that we don't have a Hellblazer series anymore; it'd be beautiful to put Lemire's Animal Man there.

I mean a Constantine TV series, that is.

CW doesn't have the budget to adapt Lemire's Animal Man and their main audience isn't ready for that level of body horror.

>We're getting Impulse, fuck yes.
Possibly. The shows have been hinting at the Legion a lot, so Bart's not out of the question.

Bro. You know thats all going to happen. Can't wait for Slade on Arrow though

>short yellow slanteyed creatures with rising sun on their foreheads

What did DC mean by this?

Damn just noticed that.

>short
Nope.

Time for Tommy?

Jenni when

I always did think they looked like some kind of "yellow peril' cartoon with a Japanese flag dot on their heads

I think everyone's forgetting that Bart's father and aunt, the Tornado Twins (who are the son and daughter of Barry and Iris), die fighting alongside the LOSH against the Dominators. So the Dominators are very Allen-related, which is why I think either Bart or the Tornado Twins will show up. Also why is Bart so perfect?

You're thinking of Bloodlines.

Hopefully soon. Her showing up in Flash would be a good way to introduce the Legion to the casual audience.

I could see Supergirl mainly doing that setup since we know Clark has the connection with them and Mon-El will be introduced there, but she definitely deserves at least one adventure with Barry too.

>"Grandpa Barry"
Jenni is cute. CUTE!