Old news, but a Pepe Le Pew movie is being written

Old news, but a Pepe Le Pew movie is being written.
Thoughts, Cred Forums ?

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/comic-con-2016-warner-bros-developing-animated-pepe-le-pew-feature-141842.html

Other urls found in this thread:

comingsoon.net/movies/news/705775-pepe-le-pew-movie-in-development-with-max-landis-writing
twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/757383567408103424/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=2eMYXGMFHn4
youtube.com/watch?v=7vZX86vvzk4
youtube.com/watch?v=c-AhWR73pYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It'll most likely be amazing but critically panned because much of the humor comes from him stalking a girl who initially hates him but starts to fall in love with him.

It's a shame. Maybe they'll include a scene where he attempts to seduce Sylvester?

it stinks

>It'll most likely be amazing
considering the last two looney tunes incarnations, it will suck unless they hire people completely different

This can't go well.

>seduce sylvester
Isn't that gay?

And that's the last we'll ever hear of this like that George Lopez Speedy Gonzales movie or that CGI Marvin the Martian movie they announced back in around 2008.

As they mentioned, Max Landis wanted to try and "redeem him" whatever that will be

I'm just hoping it'll be 2D animated instead of 3D, but we'll see about that
At least it's not going to be live action

He did it in the early cartoons. Though I think he was just trying to fuck with him and wasn't really serious. It'd be a nice little reference.

>Though I think he was just trying to fuck with him and wasn't really serious.
Nah, he definitely wanted to fuck him. He's hit on Sylvester more than enough times.

Basically

I mean, even Warner Bros is smart enough to know this'll flop. Looney Tunes is not a hot commodity

exactly

>Looney Tunes is not a hot commodity
Which is a damn shame really, after years of highly commercialized versions of the characters that really sucked the life out the franchise, it'd be nice to have a take on it that brought it back to what it used to be. Or perhaps something like what disney's been doing with the new Mickey Mouse shorts.

It would be wiser for them to make a Bugs Bunny movie first before giving any other Tune their own movie.

All it takes to help revive the Looney Tunes is literally bring in some actual good writers who make use of the most well known Looney Tunes all equally, bring in some actual competent 2D animators, and go back to making theatrical shorts.
Done, it's so easy to bring them back in a new refreshed form that pleases everyone.

Bugs Bunny is literal shit though. Probably the worst of the main cast.

It wasn't because he mistook him for a skunk due to the similar colors? That was always why he chased the cat, cause it always got a white stripe painted on it somehow.

Course that doesn't explain why hed think Sylvester was a girl, but I wouldn't be surprised if they willfully ignored that question

sylvester is kind of feminine looking though so it makes sense

Does LePew have a different accent in the French version? I've always wondered about that.

>theatrical shorts
They attempted this twice and it didn't work either time. And no, making better shorts isn't going to automatically make that work. WB doesn't even produce enough successful family oriented movies for that to work. They're not Disney where they make two or three hits every year.

The only option they really have is to make a new tv series that isn't shit and won't get cancelled after only two years.

>The only option they really have is to make a new tv series that isn't shit and won't get cancelled after only two years.
How the fuck would they even go about this though? You can almost guarantee it will be done in flash because the west has no more good animators anymore.

Just remember that some exec thought Baby Looney Tunes was a good idea. I feel like your plan is beyond their ken.

>Does LePew have a different accent in the French version? I've always wondered about that.

He's Italian in the French dub.

Baby Looney Tunes was legitimately good.
It was juvenile obviously, but for it what it was, it was at least cute.

He's Italian in the French version - since Italy is what the French generally perceive as the "country of love" (and Italians the typical guys who hit on every woman possible)

By getting talented people who are passionate about what they're doing and can utilize flash to the best of their abilities.

Wabbit and The Looney Tunes Show looked fine animation wise. It's just that the former has a ton of other problems.

>inb4 RAPECULTURE
>inb4 Problematic
>inb4 Gamer Gate parallels: Penelope Pussycat is Zoe Quinn
>inb4 Buzzfeed

>Wabbit and The Looney Tunes Show looked fine animation wise.
I agree, but I know that Warner Bros. can do far better than flash. They have good animators that they refuse to utilize to their max.

>Penelope Pussycat

She has a name?

>tfw no feminine cat bf

He spends first half of the movie chasing ALL the women.

In the middle he reaches a personal crisis.

In the end he learns an important lesson: choose one partner and stick with her.

SCREENCAP THIS IF YOU WANT.

He seems pretty gay honestly.

Doesn't he have a kid though?

Adoption is a thing.

You got me there.

i want to fuck that cat

how old are you?

Landis has been posting excerpts for the last couple months, and I recall he posted an outline about 4 years ago (that suddenly was erased from the internet)

Penelope doesn't talk.

This is autist-tier fanfic. You ain't foolin' anybody.

>Penelope doesn't talk.

She spoke in Carrotblanca.

So presumably she's one of those characters who CAN talk but CHOOSES not to most of the time.

Like Wile E. Coyote.

it's real desu

>[citation needed]

Source on that?

She's a qt.

The film could however make a statement about interracial relationships.

Would they really start off a new theatrical "universe" for the Looney Tunes with Pepe LePew?

Who doesn't honestly?

Penelope Pussycat is the definition of

>If she didn't want to get raped, she shouldn't have dressed like that.

This movie will never fly.

those without taste, probably

so I guess I'm a furry now

Neither are animated in Flash, idiot. I know what you mean, but digital animation doesn't always equal Flash.

Warners will fuck it up, because they always fuck it up. They'll shoehorn in three or four live action c-list hasbeens for name recognition and it'll drag the film down.

I have to say I never thought it was a very good series. The one that won an Oscar, "For Scent-imental reasons," was great, but then they just kept doing that same exact plot for the next 10+ years (except for one change of pace where the cat actually likes Pepe, but can't stand his smell).

I like formula cartoons but this plot was so formulaic you always knew what was coming and the only fun parts were the silly French names for everything. You could tell Chuck Jones and Mike Maltese didn't care as much about them as their other stuff.

So the issue is not that Pepe is politically incorrect it's that he needs a new plot.

They are animated in Flash nigger.

Post proof and I'll fuck off, you double nigger.

Toon Boom isn't Flash by the way.

Toon Boom might as well be flash, it's that shitty.
Only the Japanese are competent enough to use it.

Not really. Disney is the best at using it (for all of 2 movies): Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh. When used properly it's a decent substitute for digital ink and paint. When it isn't, you get Canada.

Honestly, not knowing she has a name is understandable.

Since the Penelope Pussycat in the classic shorts went by several different names and had no consistent character, only one similar.

"Penelope Pussycat" is basically a marketing creation, to increase the number of females in the Looney Tunes roster. The name was only settled on the modern short Carrotblanca - 1995.

But most people don't realize a lot of what people think about Looney Tunes in popular culture isn't based on the classic cartoons or reality, they've been influenced by marketing.

Taz? Only in five classic cartoons his whole career, Marvin? Wasn't even named in the classic shorts, marketing thought that name up much later.

Pete Puma? Only appeared in 2 cartoons, yet Cred Forums would have you believe he's some forgotten gem who used to be a regular character.

this is really cute

>"Penelope Pussycat" is basically a marketing creation, to increase the number of females in the Looney Tunes roster. The name was only settled on the modern short Carrotblanca - 1995.

Yeah, I think she was only offhandedly referred to as Penelope in one short (and was called 2 or 3 different names in other shorts). I think WB just chose Penelope above all the others because it alliterates with Pussycat.

Also, I hated Tres's voice for her in Carrotblanca. Penelope's French; she should've had an accent.

>Pete Puma? Only appeared in 2 cartoons, yet Cred Forums would have you believe he's some forgotten gem who used to be a regular character.

Pete only got so much play in modern media like Tiny Toons and Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries because Stan Freberg was still alive and WB wanted to keep him in the Looney Tunes loop. Same reason Granny kept getting used so much (because June Forway was/is still kicking).

Now that Freberg's dead, I don't expect to see Pete as frequently anymore.

>Isn't that gay?

Pepe was introduced as gay in his very first cartoon ("Odor-able Kitty"). His first victim was a male cat.

And he's secretly American

The marketing sometimes went in reverse, like the singing frog became massively popular (and got a marketing name, "Michigan J. Frog") from that one cartoon being shown a lot on TV.

Taz and Marvin's cartoons were popular on TV so they were shown a lot, creating the impression they were in more cartoons than they were and leading to merchandise and spinoffs.

I don't think it's necessary to know the names of characters who don't officially have one in the cartoons though. (Possible exception: Hippety Hopper, who was named in the credits to his cartoons, but I never knew it as a kid because they always cut the credits.)

I mean the cat wasn't even dressed as a girl skunk. Pepe just wanted some fellow skunk dick.

skunk dick is inferior to cat dick though

Barbed penises aren't that great.

they're cute at least

>nobody will ever love you and chase you and lock you in their house and say cheesy pick up lines

Why isn't he real?

>Course that doesn't explain why hed think Sylvester was a girl, but I wouldn't be surprised if they willfully ignored that question

There's a perfectly good explanation: It's a goddamn cartoon and it makes for a funny joke

>perfectly good discussion thread
>ruined by shipping and hard-ons for cartoon felines
Please kindly suck start a shotgun

>shitty ship art meets parkinsons

there's literally nothing wrong with having hardons for cartoon felines

It does when it ruins perfectly good discussion threads and devolves them into shitposting about obnoxious, autistic subjects Every. Single. Fucking. Time.

I have infinite hope that Max Landis will turn Pepe le Pew into a modern masterpiece. Not faith, just hope.

desu that's almost like every single Cred Forums thread though

Pepe Le Pew is one of the worse Looney Tunes, not because of "muh political correctness" but I found that most of his cartoons where just the same ol' shit over and over. Yeah having a formula isn't bad, you could argue that Tom and Jerry or Wile. E Coyote did the "same ol' shit" but with each episode they did slapstick a little different or have bits of satire.

Johnny Bravo does Pepe's shtick better.

I dunno I always though the dialogue that came out of it was always the best. Like, yeah the storyline was always the same but the hilarious french caricatures were always hilarious and the slapstick was great.

At least he's not obnoxious like Tweety

I see your point, but Pepe's dialogue is good enough to carry a 6 minute short, the delusional character is fun to watch.

Plus the formula makes it better whenever it's turned around (he cleans up and the cat starts lusting after him) or he makes a cameo in someone else's cartoon.

For the love of god don't let it be 3D animated

Him and Hippety Hopper.

I think cartoon formulas work best when it's not too specific. "Cat chases mouse," "Road Runner chases coyote" but "French cat gets white stripe down her back and french skunk tries to score with her" or "cat mistakes baby kangaroo for giant mouse" doesn't allow for many different kinds of gags.

Oh god that article did not give any good signs.
Oh god there is no way this movie can be good.
Oh god this thread has already gone gay.

>Oh god this thread has already gone gay.
literally what do you mean

>character that takes no for an answer
>in the age of being offended at anything even a fucking breeze from a butterfly
Is WB going to bank on offending people like sausage party did?

>not noticing the immediate influx of gay shipping earlier

They announced a Pepe Le Pew movie starring Mike Myers five years ago. Project went nowhere and died. Don't count on this happening.

Let's be honest, who here WOULDN'T let Pepe fart in their face if he asked to?

Go back to deviantart

Stay mad, Daffy.

>Mike Myers
If it was going to be anything like Cat in the Hat I can see why they killed it

Looney Tunes does that to you.

Here's another article about the movie:
comingsoon.net/movies/news/705775-pepe-le-pew-movie-in-development-with-max-landis-writing

>Screenwriter Max Landis (Chronicle, Power Rangers) has confirmed via his Twitter that he is currently penning a screenplay for Warner Bros.‘ long-in-development Pepe Le Pew movie! He confirmed that Penelope the cat would be one of the main characters and that the tone would be of a “romantic french new wave ’60s heist movie” ala Band of Outsiders or Rififi.

I hate that I love this

Pepe is just completely incapable of telling a male cat apart from a female cat.

Theaters or Direct to DVD?

I got sprayed by a skunk when I picked it up. (it was hobbling into the street and I panicked, okay?)
I couldn't bite me because I was holding its sides and it was too fat to reach me. I didn't even realize it sprayed me until my eyes started hurting.
It burned and ruined my favorite sweatshirt.
0/10 Would not recommend.

Here's a snippet of the script that Max posted on his Twitter.
twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/757383567408103424/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

It makes you gay?

It makes you a furry.

That sounds like a good thing desu

Source on that image? I'm a sucker for soft/pastel coloring.

saucenao fampai

Found it, thanks for the tip.

no problem friend

Favorite Merrie Melodies?
youtube.com/watch?v=2eMYXGMFHn4
youtube.com/watch?v=7vZX86vvzk4

I wish they made more Looney Tunes Show episodes. I've heard it's a lot like Seinfeld. If I enjoyed LTS, should I check it out?

wait Penelope talks?

>mikachutuhonen

He commissions some good buttsniffing art. I wonder if he's into farts.

that gif hurts me on a psychical Level so tryhard so cringey so not in the spirit of the original pic related is objectively the better spin off

>being into farts
ew

They all do.
I think a bunch of the mainstay characters don't even appear (Elmer Fudd gets a cameo at the end as an animal control worker, and Speedy Gonzales and Roadrunner are Feds who bail out Pepe+Penelope in the last scene.)

Imagine cumming inside his asshole while he kisses you.

how can he kiss you if you're fucking him from behind

Missionary position.

There's a huge difference between skunk spray and farts.

>1:22
>Penelope Simulator.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=c-AhWR73pYo

I never wondered if they farted normally besides spraying, but it makes sense now that I think about it.

>Toon Boom might as well be flash, it's that shitty.
Well guess what retard? You can do traditional and symbol based animation in Flash and in ToonBoom!

please refrain from posting in the future, thanks

>I made myself cringe
It causes me great pain to see an uncommonly used word take on a new form, get adopted by the masses, and then eventually lose all of its effectiveness. People use it to describe everything now and even a means of getting attention.

fuck i need to go find some clouds to go yell at

Christ almighty Landis is a shitty writer

>Pepe: No

SJWs will hate it.

Newsflash.

Max is an idea man. He makes up elevator pitches for stories that instantly get bought by stupid Hollywood producers, that don't even read scripts.

That's how you wind up with shit like American Ultra (Jason Bourne as a stoner!) or Victor Frankenstein (What if it was a buddy comedy?)

I can't believe that he's the one writing the Dirk Gently show. It's like Satan fulfilled a wish of mine and he's the catch.
God damn it, Landis is exactly the vapid sort of idiot Adams has made fun of in his novels.

javascript:quote('
Big deal. Human equivalent of Calhoun's Experiment hates everything.

What's an SJW

How does it come Marvin the Martian doesn't have a movie yet?

Canceled, just like the hong kong phoey movie

>I'm just hoping it'll be 2D animated instead of 3D
lol

they have the means to make it 2D though

>being this new

Hey, a man can dream

Social Justice Wariors
people who are so bored, spoiled and pampered they yell everyone but them is sexist, racist and oppresive.

Loony toons cinematic universe when?

never ever

Does Warner Bros not care about looney Tunes anymore?

You can't have developing without eloping.

Pepe le Pew is a character that fetishizes stalking and rape, and is incredibly problematic in the current animation climate. I hope this whole thing bombs and everybody who works on it has their fucking careers crash and burn.

>hating Pepe
fuck you nigger

>hurr racism means my point is valid now

Take it back to Cred Forums.

now that's some quality shitposting
thanks for the free bump

I'm sure user is doing a bit but brings up a good point. Why do one of the characters most likely to cause a shitstorm? For the first movie you don't gotta go deep into the Looney Tunes bench

She says "le meow" but that's it.