What is the best modern Simpsons episode? Let's say after season 11...

What is the best modern Simpsons episode? Let's say after season 11. I just want to be surprised at a good episode made at a time I've been an adult.

Is this a trick question?

I'm gonna say Halloween of Horror or Holidays of Future Passed.

There has to be at least one episode that wasn't a strong 4/10, right?

I have never met anyone who legitimately likes the modern Simpsons. I don't know where that demographic is. I seriously have no idea where they are or how the show keeps afloat, I can't wrap my head as to where those fans are and why I haven't heard anything from them. No one online, no one offline, and none of the zany characters in my head likes the Simpsons. So who's watching it?

Halloween of Horror was a pleasant surprise.
It wasn't exactly funny, but it had a soul, something that zombie simpsons episodes usually lack.

I do

>and none of the zany characters in my head likes the Simpsons

Who are these "zany characters", user?

The one where Lisa tries to write a novel. it was really fun.

Ohhh, The Book Job. That was actually a clever one.

I've seen people who still enjoy it (and aren't, like, autistic or whatever so can't be said they're just fixated on it or something). Usually they liked the older episodes, still watch the new ones, etc.

But then they're not the kind of fuckin' nerds who'd write essays about how SIMPSONS SUCKS NOW, and are probably just enjoying it as a sitcom they watch about once a week.

Seen them online though; haven't really heard too many people talk about Simpsons IRL.

>I've seen people who still enjoy it (and aren't, like, autistic or whatever so can't be said they're just fixated on it or something). Usually they liked the older episodes, still watch the new ones, etc.
>
>But then they're not the kind of fuckin' nerds who'd write essays about how SIMPSONS SUCKS NOW, and are probably just enjoying it as a sitcom they watch about once a week.

I think you're confused. The people who watch Simpsons these days do it passively. Also you're implying that not watching a show passively is autistic.

Hell maybe someone critiques the new episodes because they're bored or they're in a Simpsons thread. I don't know many people passionately against the new Simpsons.

I'm only being autistic here because it's such a crazy assertion to make..

>looks it up
>"It turns out [...] that Gaiman heisted his way to the best-seller list "once again" despite being illiterate."
I'd believe it.

No, I just meant that if I said, "yeah, I've seen people online who seem to like it," Cred Forums being what it is someone's bound to say "they're probably just autistic." So I was getting that out of the way first.

If anything, I was saying I'm one of the fuckin' nerds who'd bitch about Simpsons. That people who still like it seem to just watch it passively was pretty much exactly my point.

Brick Like Me.

>I have never met anyone who legitimately likes the modern Simpsons.
You know its still well liked right? A huge chunk of the fanbase left over time but it still has a lot of fans.

Hell, go to any review sites and modern episodes float at around 7/10 or 8/10

>modern
>any episode that aired after 9/11

do you realize how far that really is?

as long as it was made after 2010 it has a decent chance of being okay.

Brick Like me

and that one where Homer gets a tow truck

This, 14 to 19 is pretty bad but 20 20 27 has actually not been bad at all besides that one season everyone hates the most. 23 think

Book Job, Halloween of Horror, Brick Like Me, Steal this Episode, Barthood, Debarted

While I agree that recent seasons have more decent episodes than they used to have they also have a lot of throwaway, almost joke-less fluff with contrived storylines.

I can agree with that. I prefer the ones where there's a chuckle moment followed by bland inoffensive stuff to the stuff where it was so wacky and kooky and everyone had a heightened personality that got grating.

Ive found many hilarious episodes up until season 18 or 19. A lot of people hate Simpsons after season 8 but I really don't get why.

I always say it. the "season it all fell apart" is anywhere between season 7 and season 27 for some fans. Any show where the margin of error foor what is good is 20 seasons long can just be ignored.

This fanbase is just one big constantly arguing shitpile honestly

I really liked the 24 parody

the scene of Martin's "suicide" cracks me up every time

yeah, they have DIFFERENT flaws than they've had before. it doesn't feel very simpsonsy anymore but it's less aggressively terrible than it was last decade

I think its flaws would go away by having someone other than Al Jean take over

I forgot the name, but it's the one where Homer and Ned team up as police officers or something. That one was really good.

The curling episode maybe?

also this one