DC Bringing Back Direct Currents November 30th

dccomics.com/comics/direct-currents-2016/direct-currents-1

>Direct Currents is the new, FREE quarterly magazine that brings you into the world of DC with exclusive sneak peeks of every title—starting with the top-secret Justice League/Suicide Squad crossover event coming in December! Plus: Get a first look at the all-new SUPER SONS series starring the offspring of Superman and Batman, and new info on the second wave of Rebirth titles!

:3

>Super Sons
FINALLY

>DC giving gold away for free
>Marvel charges $5 for liquid shit

DRONES BTFO

>supersons
>giving away preview books not like marvel

Can we start bullying marvelfags now ?

Wait a second
>new info on the second wave of Rebirth titles!
This could actually defeat Marvel Now 2.0, good job dc.

Marlel BTFO

Do we know who's writing JLA vs SS?

>starring the offspring of Superman and Batman

I completely misread that for a second.

Please, please... don't put Batman and Harley Quinn in a relationship. Don't force Palmiotti and Conner terrible ship on us.

I'm waiting until it's old enough for an out of context page thread.

Williamson

>free

Fuck. Well at least it's not Johns.

DC, I officially love you again. Don't let me down with this second wave.

The combined force of IvyHarley shippers, BatCat shippers, BatJoker shippers and JokerHarley shippers won't allow that

wow

I'm genuinely impressed

What the fuck is going on, why is DC so based all of a sudden lately

Holy shit so fucking based. How can DC continue to get even more and more awesome?!

DC has always been based, the casuals are only just now realising it.

How do they keep doing this? There has to be a tipping point.

It started some months before DCYOU.

After years of FUCKING TERRIBLE editors sucking the life out of the company, almost everyone there simultaneously got their shit together in addition to bringing in new talent.

>cumming this hard over a preview

jesus christ Cred Forums.

Fuck off Mouseketeer. You're just pissed that your precious Marlel never does anything as based as this.

Good business practices in the industry make our dicks hard.

Plus confirmation of Super Sons finally happening and second wave of Rebirth

Fuck you, faggot. These preview issues are fun and it's fucking FREE. That's all sorts of good for advertising your product and generating good will.

this was in the last solicts thread, you and half of the people in this thread are late af

M
ABSOLUTE
D
M
E
N

Because Geoff moved from the comics to the DCEU, he will now make there what he did for the comics with the new52.

He IS the cancer.

Geoff is 90% of the reason why Rebirth is as good as it is. He sat down with every writing team to go over each book before it all started.

He sat down and just said "please undo all the shit I did with new52...oh and blame Alan Moore for it"

He literally just fixed the mess he did.

So, they are putting their solicits in a combined book every four months and giving it away for free? Why should I care about this? We already get this free every month.

Yeah because Geoff Johns alone came up with the New 52

New 52 wasn't his idea. Execs hijacked Flashpoint and told him to turn it into a reboot.

Why the fuck would Geoff sabotage his own Flashpoint event and his Flash Family vs Reverse Flash corps idea for New 52? Stop making shit up user.

I can't believe the mental gymnastics involved here. Sure, Johns had nothing to do with New 52 despite writing a lot of the core books and it's just a coincidence it got "good" immediately after he left.

Do you really REALLY REALLY think that mega fan Geoff Johns, literally the biggest fan of the DC Universe on the fucking planet, was thrilled to reboot the universe, dumpster everything he ever loved, and dial it back to a mockery of the 90s?

He was following orders, just like everyone else. It's completely unsurprising that 2 of the 3 books he wrote at the launch of the New 52 were extremely traditional.

t. marvel cuck

Why doesn't DC give away free digital issues when you buy their floppies? I'm not at home right now and would really like to be reading the issues of King's Batman while I'm waitting to clock out. How come there is no DC Unlimited? I don't care about a proven book, give us something useful.

Preview book*

>How come there is no DC Unlimited?
Because DC makes over half their revenue from TPB sales.

Because DC actually makes money selling digital back issues. Go look at Comixology's top 1000 and see how much of it is DC.

>How come there is no DC Unlimited?
DC makes a ton of money selling back issues and through modern trades and collections of older stuff, on top of making decent money off digital sales.

Doing an app like Marvel Unlimited takes a lot of time and a lot of money to mantain it, they would rather pay Comixology and have them handle it.

Also Marvel has MU since 2009 and when it started out it was shit and it took years for that app to not be what it is today.

Also DC makes good money from trades so no way in hell will they sabotage themselves like that.

I think DC is doing that just fine. Not intentionally, but I think there is some jealousy-based bullying.