boxofficemojo.com/weekly/chart/?yr=2016&wk=21&p=.htm
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85223048/#85234993
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85273037/#85277408
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85273037/#q85274439
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85091052/#85101025
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85091052/#q85101106
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=petesdragon2016.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=petesdragon2016.htm
deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting-51886/
cosmicbooknews.com/content/chris-evans-battered-and-bruised-captain-america-civil-war-reshoots)
forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#906b1c92f368)
telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/09/walt-disneys-profits-boosted-by-civil-war/
collider.com/doctor-strange-reshoots-dan-harmon/
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doctor-strange-enlists-dan-harmon-922236
cinemablend.com/new/What-Suicide-Squad-Reshoots-Were-Actually-About-According-Director-123917.html
cinemablend.com/new/One-Big-Change-Marvel-Made-Ant-Man-During-Reshoots-70457.html
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-soundtrack-goes-gold-932015
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's 1.1%

i'm confused. was this movie good or bad?

Bad but the right people hated it so it's success is now a form of schadenfreude

Iron Man: 384 million

I hope John Ostrander is getting some fat checks

Watch it and form your own opinion .

F U C K

Y E S

GUARDIANS NEXT

It was pretty good. Suffered from bad editing but individual bits and the characters were really good.

Deadpool > SS > CW > BvS

How utterly depressing.

>We are the champions, my friend
But do we really want to brag about that?

No, it needed a billion trillions to break even, get mad DCcuck

Mediocre but came out in a summer with 0 competition.

>Disneyfriends will still try to spin this as a flop

Would be the lowest grossing cape film of 2016 if Singer hadn't dropped the turd that wasn't X-Men Apocalypse.
Shamfur for a film with Batman and the Joker making appearances. Won't catch the R-rated film with a fraction of it's budget.

But WB finally got a cape film to perform up to expectations post-TDKR.

Imagine being so mentally retarded as to care about a movies earnings like your some sort of stock holder.

And I thought I filtered these types of threads.

>a movie can only make money when there's no competition

To be fair, none of these DCfriends thought Box Office mattered til a few weeks ago.

But does that compare to Avengers and Star Wars?

It outgrossed "Wifebeaters in Wonderland", so there's that.

>does a movie about Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn's ass compare to the biggest movie marketing campaign in history and a decades-long toy commercial

nice that comment completely taking that sentencing and twisting it to something else. Hes saying the movie is only as successful as it currently is cause it has no competition. Wouldve lost hard to CW if they came out the same month.

acting as if suicide didnt have a gigantic marketing campaign in it.

Nigga, Star Wars? It's not fair to bring up Star Wars in this

From the marketing it looked like "Joker and Lady Joker's Wild Ride guest-starring will smith".

It didn't have the kind of multi-billion dollar one CW had that's for damn sure.

Well, it's swell that WB has caught up to Marvels grosses from 8 years ago, I guess.
In related news, the Norks are gonna try and reach the moon.

Marvel barely advertises their films til they are 2 weeks from opening.
They don't have to anymore.

pretty much this.. when BVS came out all DCbots were all about BOX OFFICE DOESNT MATTER THAT DOESNT MAKE A GOOD MOVIE. CRITICS DONT MATTER EITHER! They'll turn the tables later on when it benefits them to earn some validation. notice no ones making monthly threads pointing out how much Civil War made or Deadpool because theres nothing for fans of those movies to prove. Suicide Sqaud is the transformers of DC. People know its shit but they;ll watch it anyway. Whats worse is it wont really contribute that much to the overall world building of DC and worse case scenario DC decides to copy the tone of Suicide Squad for Justice League and the other movies.

Reminder that Suicide Squad made $731 million...without China.

Reminder that China is the second biggest movie market in the entire world.

Reminder that this is like competing in a footrace when you have only one leg.

>Marvel barely advertises

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instead we got "Fresh Prince of Gotham guest-starring Margot Robbie's ass".

WB just had Leto mail dead animals to other actors to advertise it...

STILL A FLOP

Reminder that not every movie makes a gorillion dollars in China.

Deadpool made $0 in China as well.
Still grossed more than SS.

Well yeah, I don't think anyone is doubting that Fox are better filmmakers than Marvel.

Personally I hope it outgrosses BvS domestically, but I don't see it having another 14 million in it, so it and GotG are just out of reach.

except for people who physically sat through X-Men: Apocalypse or Fant4stic.

Does this mean we won't get an extended cut, now? I think it would help in this case.

I hate SS, though. I wish this had happened with BVS.

The success of SS only proves to me that the audience just want to see quirky characters and "fun" interactions. Fuck plot.

Now if only they could beat Ironman on RT

The movie was awful. It just happen to be awful at a time when there wasn't anything else to watch. Thank God it sold itself as batman 2.0 instead of just a stand alone

i liked it, but see below

N O T F A I R
O
T
F
A
I
R

user.
I know this was a thing MONTHS ago for triggering DCfriends.
Clearly it triggered the holy fuck out of you.
But it just really doesn't work on Marvel fanboys.
But you tried.

Hahaha

>boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

Suicide Squad (2016)
>Production Budget: $175 million
>Domestic: $318,779,276
>Worldwide: $731,779,276

Iron Man (2008)
>Production Budget: $140 million
>Domestic: $318,412,101
>Worldwide:$585,174,222

Iron Man 2 (2010)
>Production Budget: $200 million
>Domestic: $312,433,331
>Worldwide: $623,933,331

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
>Production Budget: $170 million
>Domestic: $259,766,572
>Worldwide: $714,421,503

Thor:The Dark World (2013)
>Production Budget: $170 million
>Domestic:$206,362,140
>Worldwide:$644,602,516

Thor (2011)
>Production Budget: $150 million
>Domestic: $181,030,624
>Worldwide: $449,326,618

Ant-Man (2015)
>Production Budget: $130 million
>Domestic: $180,202,163
>Worldwide: $519,445,163

Captain America:The First Avenger (2011)
>Production Budget: $140 million
>Domestic: $176,654,505
>Worldwide: $370,569,774

The Incredible Hulk (2008)
>Production Budget: $150 million
>Domestic: $134,806,913
>Worldwide: $263,427,551

and for fun

Ghostbusters (2016)
>Production Budget: $144 million
>Domestic: $127,448,192
>Worldwide: $228,119,649

IM1
>Movie about literaly who
>no hype for capeshit

SS
>Movie about Joker, Harley, also Bats
>AS much hype as Memepool had

If SS were actually GOOD, it could easilty break 1 bil. It's just meh and make money because of DC title.
Every DCEU movie could be superior masterpiece and make billion, but WB choose to make marvel-like flicks.

I saw a dream the other night with Jared Leto still playing the Joker in real life as a hobo.
I gave him a ten and he did the "happy merchant" thing with his hands.
What do you think my dream means?

post an ass shot

>>Movie about Joker, Harley, also Bats
yeah it was totally about the joker and batman

two months ago you were here posting that no one would pay to see harley because she's "literally who" while everyone knows who dr strange is

Yes, cheer for this.
Cheer for WB learning that Batman franchise characters are the only things that sell.
Cheer for them thinking they can damage control and executive meddle their way into success.
Cheer for them replacing a director's vision with that of a trailer companies.
Cheer for the death of kino.
Seriously do it. Kino meme is trash.

I'm GLAD that Suicide Squad is the one with legs. I'm glad we can finally start to get these pretentious fun hating Snyderfags to fuck off with their too deep for you shit. There might actually be hope for the DCEU (not Justice League or Wonder Woman but maybe after that) if they FINALLY realize that audiences go to these things for a good time rather than poorly conceived and esoteric references to past flops and religious doctrine.

>because she's "literally who" while everyone knows who dr strange is
Nobody's actually ever said this, right?

I wasn't posting shit. I was hoping to see awesome movie about blood-thirsty maniacs, but got WE WUZZZ HEROEZZ shit instead. Marketing were based on Joker, the most popular villian of all time. Also Harleay is one of the most popular capeshit character since Archamverse.

B-but muh rotten tomatoes...

>none of these DCfriends thought Box Office mattered til a few weeks ago.

It always mattered, the haters kept insisting from the very first day onwards that it was a flop and wasn't doing well at the box office, or that it would blow its load in the first week end and then die out, spouting shit like it had a gazirrion dollar marketing budget so it had to do a billion dollars just to brake even and the opening weekend didn't count because DC movies always frontload, etc.

And now that Suicide Squad has actually proven to be highly successful movie with legs, those same people are panicking and trying to spin it the opposite way like making a ton of money doesn't mean anything.

S A V A G E
S Q U A D

Marlel BTFO
How will they recover?

Sop when will AV Club wrote yet another salty article about this?

>Imagine being so mentally retarded as to care about a movies earnings like your some sort of stock holder.
It allows the audience to see if a film did well. I know you hate console wars but public box office profits have a purpose user and even normies use them, making your argument moot.

>IM was the first movie in a wildly popular franchise and beat all expectations as well as created the idea of comic movie universe building

>SS is the 3rd movie of a failing franchise and was released so far into the universe building cinema game that unless it makes $1b it is considered below average

>look at our accomplishment!

this, except I loved BvS

>SS is the 3rd movie of a failing franchise

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wut

Yeah, we should totally count Green Lantern into the DCEU.

I enjoyed it but

Is really the best advice. You may very well hate it, it's extremely flawed to say the least but entertaining. Like most DCEU movies thus far.

>CRITICS DONT MATTER EITHER!

They don't and they never did. See: Bayformers.

>The success of SS only proves to me that the audience just want to see quirky characters and "fun" interactions. Fuck plot.
It's pretty much an MCU movie.

Swing and a miss!

But user, it needs to make $3 trillion to break even.

Just because more idiots paid money to see it doesn't make it any less of a shit script

Yeah, Civil War was garbage.

Why do shit movies make lots of money Cred Forums?

>so nice he had to shitpost twice

By pulling another 2 billion with the next 2 Avengers films

The 2016 Ghostbusters fans are so fucking salty over this.

>wowit'sfuckingnothing.jpeg

>a movie with Batman AND Superman, 2 of the most iconic fictional characters of the last 100 years, couldn't beat out Deadpool
Now I understand why DC drones are so desperate for any sort of accomplishment they can gloat about.

nah

CW > Apoc = SS > Deadpool > BVS

Safety rule: the more average the film looks the less of a chance you will get fuck over money wise. A lot of US movie goers have to pay and upwards of $12 or more dollars just to see a film, so risk factor plays a huge part in it, it's why most modern Disney films are so forgettable, they play it really fucking safe.

Form over function is what people want: You do have to balance things somewhat but in general people don't want compelling films or ones that challenge them to rethink their views, they want flashy races, nice explosion and a good amount of action. Nothing wrong with that but when you factor in the Safety rule it makes those films float to the top faster, it's also why most markets want sequels and already existing brands, people will be more willing to risk money on a brad they already know they enjoy.

>A full Avengers movie featuring Spiderman couldn't beat a sequel of an ancient franchise
Wow.

user it failed to beat furry the movie
it failed to beat boy with animals the rehash
it failed to beat Toy Story pets edition

It had Harley Quinn and Joker in it, it doesn't matter if it's good or bad.

American movie going is by far a family thing and as such most parents are not going to spend that $50 dollar outing to the movies unless their is some insurance the kids will be entertained

That's the power of good marketing

>superhero movie couldn't beat a Pixar animation
Well shit.

>That thread earlier with 171 post but only 8 users
It is out right crazy how awful the quality of posting has gotten on Cred Forums since BvS drop.

why is he wearing a custom fit Bat-man glove?
why does he have it in the first place?

Lol, Will Smith looks white compared with that guy.

Who is darkest niggro him (AAA) or Don Chidle

Was that the one where someone from /p/ popped up to sperged about how it was clearly a staged marketing photo? As if people didn't realize that?

There's no way that happened; it's just too funny.

Got any screenshots?

By stealing more scenes from superior capekinos.

I sat through X-Men: Apocalypse opening weekend and really enjoyed it. It's in the top three X-Men films for me.

>that block of Disney supremacy
If DC had a time machine, pretty sure they'd travel back to the 1960s and beg Disney to take them instead of Warner.

Yup it's also where some retard try saying everyone makes autisc photos like that but just kept dumping photos of cast members getting their picture taken on set
Closest he got was one of Joss Wedeon holding the cap shield on set of AoU near a green screen but as pointed out it's still not as retarded as wearing a glove with a dolled up desk wearing CWC level attire while "working"
Just a shitty phone screen shot of the numbers

I don't know
youtu.be/Ij1eWjmM5dE?t=134

what are the other two?

why is this something to brag about?
iron man made a killing and it was the first movie from the studio.

suicide squad is the third one, and it's the only movie that could be seen as a win. it gave your corpse of a cinematic universe a pulse, but that just means wondy and justice league have to be just as successful, or even better.

after BvS failed to make $1 billion, DCucks will take anything at this point

>Was that the one where someone from /p/ popped up to sperged about how it was clearly a staged marketing photo?

The issue wasn't that it was staged but how cringing it was. It's one thing to say "Hey stand here near user" and then to snap a shot on set or an event. It's another when you have them overly dressed up wearing a custom prop and having them look like they are working around a fake desk, I mean for fucksakes the take out box and drinking glass haven't even been used.

he wants to be batman
but his voice is too shitty

>how cringing it was

Except it wasn't? It was harmlessly fun pic.

If they don't crack a billion, especially JL, I'm pretty sure at least 1/4 of this board will quit coming on Cred Forums due to assblastedness and the other 3/4 will do nothing but shitpost and gloat.

Because, you know, having 1/2 of our fucking dreams as comic nerds translated to cinema and failing is a big old happy thing to celebrate.

I will admit I have gotten good laughs at how it shows Snyder's detachment from reality so perfectly.

>If they don't crack a billion
i'm sure JL will crack a billion, even though that's what i said about BvS the last time

Days of Future Past and First Class. I really enjoy the new cast, though DoFP was probably the best because everyone from the classic films got something to do too.

Apocalypse felt like it finished the main character arcs of the previous two films character arcs, (even if some were pretty underused) and I enjoyed the little nods and references to the previous films going back 16 years.

Of course, that all said, the original trilogy isn't bad by any means. Although Last Stand definitely isn't a highlight and you can tell they wanted to end it. But overall while they're not bad the films do seem a bit aged to me.

The two Wolverine films aren't all bad either. Actually, the second one is pretty fun. The first one is just... It's a filler movie. I rank it above Last Stand, though. The action is decent, and Deadpool at least made a funny reference to it, so it's not all bad.

It won't have the same poor word of mouth/critical reception as BvS due to different tone. Plus the extra characters will bring in more audiences.

This is why we need a way to purge Cred Forums shit. It's getting out of hand when a thread that's just cape film shitposting keeps feeding itself to the front page with just 8 users. That's 2009 mlp levels before the board was made

Won't happen, GotG got $100m from China, Squad being only $40m behind despite that is still impressive.

>It's getting out of hand when a thread that's just cape film shitposting keeps feeding itself to the front page with just 8 users

Yeah, like that doesn't happen with 2000AD or other less popular/niche/obscure comic threads. Get your head out of your ass.

That picture perfectly paints all that is wrong with Snyder
Wait I thought it was 16 users

And marketing.

The salt is real.

Iron Man - $355m domestic, $654m world wide.

I just read over the thread, it was just mostly a user baiting with others and himself, it wasn't like they were talking about future/current films, it was basically a 150 post of the same copy pasting bait and stupid that has been a problem of late

Archived threads clump IPs from the same local area, so either someone was using multiple devices or some anons were in arms reach of each other and never knew

Deadpool>CW>BVS>Apoc>SS

DELETE THIS

Reminder that Avatar is the highest grossing movie of all time.

How much money it makes does not mean the movie is good.

it is a pretty bad movie with a few good parts that made far more money than it deserved too.

I'm all for force ID's for awhile, that would kill the shitposting here quickly

I use to think that opinions can't be wrong. After reading your post, I've changed my mind.

>How much money it makes does not mean the movie is good.
Exactly. 90% of MCU movies are horseshit but make billions.

> projecting this hard

How long has SS been on damage control now? 2 months?

>damage control
>it's hugely successful

uh

DAMAGED control

>posting facts is damage control now
Loving. Every. Laugh. Keep it coming.

I don't care if DC makes more money. I just want them to produce a better movie.

Good movie: BvS
Profit: Suicide Squad

Best of both worlds. Especially for me since I enjoyed both.

Im pretty sure right before you guys were bragging that Sasuage Party was gonna be the R rated movie folks wanted and Pete's Dragon was gonna be the kids movie parents would perfer and any excuse you can pull out your ass but now its 'SS is only a success because no competition.'
Keep moving those goalposts dude.

how does it feel liking trash?

>this comic book shit made more money than this other comic book shit
Who cares? Let's please just see either company make a good movie for once.

I can't believe it did so well.... maybe now DC will make an effort to make their movies fun and not just dark

Ask mcufags.

Why is it salty? I was being genuinely curious.

Everything marvel has made so far has turned out a decent profit. Even crossed the billion. This is the third film from a series that wants to compete in that arena. BvS made 800million and the studio was disppointed.

Sucide squad is a good start for that run, I'll give you that, but will the next two movies do it? That's the real question to answer.

MoS - good action movie, but terrible adaptation
BvS - boring and pretentious meh, also terrible adaptiaion
SS - meh 12+ action with no real enemies, also terrible adaptation.
Any of these films could make billion if they were, at least, as half as good as BB, IM, or TDK.

When will this trash die already?

>I was being genuinely curious.
Sure you were. Your remark about a "corpse of a cinematic universe" was completely without bias.

Stay salty, my friend.

>also terrible adaptation

....what? Suicide Squad is one of the most direct comic adaptations we've ever had.

Fuck, half the lines are straight from the comics.

He's memeing, user. That's all they can do now until they get more fuel from RT.

See, I didn't like either of them. I haven't enjoyed anything about the DCEU and I'm huge DCfag.

Apocalpyse was fucking terrible, if they had cut that shitty subplot of every new mutant idolizing Mystique I could have stomached it, but holy shit that was terrible.

But the 600 billion dollar marketing budget user.

>Deadshot is black WE WUZZZ HEROEZZZ istead of white/hyspanic cold-blooded killer who wants to die
>Killer Croc is I'M BEAUTIFUL intead of FUCKING CANNIBAL who tear people apart
>Boomerang is LOL PINK PONY istead of i'm da best in dis rubbish, mate!
>Katana is MUH SWORD instead of professional ninja
>Joker is HONKA HONKA cuck who's looking for Harley for the whole fucking movie instead of being psyhotic mastermind obessed with Batman
The only well-portraied characters is El Diablo and Amanda Waller. And they've messed up El Diablo origin and also MUH FAMILY shit. Harley Queen were good also, but her voice is terrible.

>Joker is HONKA HONKA cuck

Disnigger please. Literally neither of those things happened.

The stuff about the gross numbers isnt weather or not the movie's good, it is about how people kept claiming it sank like a rock ag the box office despite shit like this. Correcting a position/possible bias, really has norhung to do with film quality.

>Joker jumps in acid for Harley
>Joker thinks only about Harley
>Joker waste all his time and resources to save her during mission and from prison
H-he is not cuck...!

I don't think you know what words mean

I know what does this word mean, mate. And I think you get my point anyway. He is henpecked with no character. Joker wasn't that way even in worst elseworlds.

As someone who has no horse in this race:

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE STILL GOING TO SEE THIS MEDIOCRE TRASH?

I swear capeshit is the death of film.

She literally has no ass desu.

>henpecked
I don't think you what that word is either.

>joker jumps in acid for Harley
I think you got that backwards.

>cant spell Hispanic
>calls Katana a ninja
>doesnt see pass the fake flair of Boomerang

Doesn't make up for the 600 Harmbillions that marketing cost.

>If SS were actually GOOD, it could easilty break 1 bil

Fuck me Captain America must be really unpopular then. That was a good movie that came out after Avengers hype and still made less than SS. No wonder they put Iron Man in the third film

>He is henpecked

lolwut?

Upvoted

>HONKA HONKA didn't happen
Dcucks straight up ignoring reality now.

>Harmbillions
Harambe dollars?

If you think he was a cuck from that scene you have to be a retard

>took DC 8 years to make a batman film that could surpass Ironman

Pretty good

What is the word for man with no character and desire to do a service to woman on your language?
That's the problem. Harely jumping for Joker in acid - okay. Joker jumping for Harley in acid to save her - not okay.
Cap's popularity is nothing compared to Joker and Harley.

DC has surpassed IM in 2008, mate.

I think the word you're looking for is pussywhipped.

It is weird how this movie portrays the Joker as the ultimate boyfriend. It wasn't even necessary, he wasn't one of the main characters. They didn't have to make him nice to appeal to the audience.

Thanx, mate.
They did 12+ for reason. Edgekids and teenage girls were the target audience.

>Cap's popularity is nothing compared to Joker and Harley.

It's nothing compared to Joker. Harley had a cartoon from the 90's. Captain America was in the biggest cape movie of all time

Dude, Harley is a huge deal for people.

>HONKA HONKA didn't happen

It didn't. The line was "Hunka hunka," in reference to the word "hunk" and Elvis's famous catchphrase. You would know this if you weren't socially autistic.

Why would anyone in this day and age know anything about Elvis? There's no time to learn everything about some old musician, no matter how popular he was. There's better things to do, justtakingcareabusiness.

Harley became very popular because of Arkhamverse. Her sales were big even before SS. CA did not do well, because nobody cares about him. Thor was in the same big movie, so?

HONKA HONKA is just ultimate definition of Leto's Joker. Reference to some old nobody cares catchphrase or not, all his dialogs are fucking terrible.

>tfw you're a full-on Marvelfag but you can't get your head around people wanting DC properties to fail and suck

Whatever the fuck happened to friendly rivalry?

I'd feel better if the film had actually been far better in quality, and I say that as a DC fan.

The Joker barely fought the Suicide Squad. Heck, they got one battle with the main villain.

The Thor film was shit. Winter Soldier is arguably the best film in the MCU

Memes about Jesus when Man of Steel came out.

It went out with the company baseball games and they started getting petty and spiteful with shit like ripping off covers

My point is - nobody cares about CA or Thor. Hype for SS were as big as Memepool's. Iconic villians+big marketing+first movie about capeshit villians. (sad that turned up they're not villians at all)

M-maybe Fox will make a Doom movie now and it'll be great?

>Deadpool and Suicide Squad surprises successes
>Civil War despite breaking a billion underperformed slightly, where Batman v Superman underperformed significantly

Could we see a new era of risky anti-hero/super villain movies?

>Fox
>making anything from f4 great
Fox is only capable to make meh or okay mutant movies nowdays.

>Why would anyone in this day and age know anything about Elvis?

Why would anybody in this day and age know anything about Hitler or The Wizard of Oz?

It's something called a "culture."

>The Wizard of Oz
Never seen it, never will. It's nothing but humbug.

>Deadpool were cheap af
>SS was 12+, has big marketing company and few iconic characters, also all villians behave just like sad heroes
There was notning risky for them

>some catchphrase from american singer of past century
>culture
Yeah, right.

I think the greater takeaway should probably be more that respect for the source material and budgets that aren't massively inflated make for a more successful outcome.

Civil War and BvS underperformed because they sunk so much money into those things that you'd need the GDP of a third world country to be considered a winner.

A new era of making things cheaper. Doctor Strange must have been expensive with the effects and the quality of actors it has. I can't see it being cheaper than CW

I can't imagine Ragnarok being made cheap, either. Hopefully they'll be cheapskates with Homecoming.

Ragnarok will suck anyway. It will be quiptrain just like Thor-2. The amount of people who will watch this garbage will not change if it cheap or not. Every person who watch Thor movie have shit taste anyway and will no notice the difference.

It fits with the whole "rock music" motif they were going for; how every character was supposed to have their own song as their character theme. Too bad that, like most things from the movie, that too ended up being killed in the editing room/half-baked.

Also, what kind of an uncultured savage do you have to be not to know about Elvis and be proud of it? And even if you've never heard of him, I'm sure at least some of you millenials have listened to the "Lilo and Stitch" soundtrack.

How high and mighty do you have to be to not get the Elvis quote in my post and think I was being serious?

Console wars. Blame Cred Forums

>Suicide Squad doing well
>Good

We aren't the champions. We haven't won a damn thing and you know it.

The salt is real, my god

>Everything marvel has made so far has turned out a decent profit

Not true. Hulk was a flop and First Avengers didn't even make 400mil

>We are the champions, my friend.
It's a good thing you put the lyrics to a pop song with this post otherwise I wouldn't have known how to feel about it.

good one hahahahahahaha that subtle pun hahaha classic

Snyder is cute

>trying this hard to hate

jesus man

You're retarded, the first three films of the DCEU have made way more than the first three films of the MCU

Ostrander himself said it was a great adaptation.

>this is the Joker and Harley this generation will grow up with

>Hopefully they'll be cheapskates with Homecoming.

Considering Sony is making it, that's a no brainer. Why put an insane amount of money in something when it's a guaranteed box office sensation?

I just dont understand how a big DCfag cant find SOMETHING to enjoy about the DCEU unless they just buy into internet memes.

Squad has perfect Squad characters in it (except that they went with more srs Deadshot who is usually seen outside of Squad).

BvS is this cool deconstruction of The Dark Knight Returns.
MoS had all that synthesis of scenes from Birthright, ASS, Byrne's MoS etc.

So far, I have found the DCEU to be a lot more gratifying to my inner dc comic fan, than the MCU has been to my inner marvel comic fan.

>BvS is this cool deconstruction of The Dark Knight Returns.
What did he mean by this?

Can you report these people for child abuse?

They want DC movies to be like the cartoons even though recreating the cartoons would take away from what makes those nostalgiabombs good in the first place.

Nolan's Batman wasn't a remake of the cartoons and people still enjoyed it. Maybe people just want good movies?

>Caring about a one-letter difference in a quote
>Calling somebody else autistic

I wouldnt call the characters iconic outside Joker but yea. The marketing did its job pretty well.

And Batman. Don't forget Batman.

no one bats an eye on nolan trilogy until heath ledger died.

I liked Batman Begins when it came out, don't care about anyone else.

Nice meme but The Dark Knight was guaranteed to be huge regardless of Ledger dying or not.

>UGH WHY DOES THE COKER DRESS LIKE A CLOWN?!

>MoS is MUH EDGE movie instead of epic adaptation of pre-new52 Supes
>BvS is shitty mix of TDKR, Death of Supes, and literaly set up for JL, instead of great team-up of two iconic heroes.
>SS is movie about teenage "villians" instead of psyhotic selfish maniacs
>Why don't you like to see your beloved universe raped by snyder and co, bros? (((

>COKER
He takes coke?

Sorry your propaganda didn't work, AVclub numale writer

>only 600 billion

Nice try DCuck, try 980598430 GOTRILLIONS

a movie about a team of people saving the day vs a origin story of a single character. yea DC fans need to be realistic

it didnt come close to the avengers1 / 2 or captain america 3 :civil war

It is good, but Marvelfags are doing all in their powers to ruin it's reputation

You must be really delusional to believe this movie is good. It's just meh summer flick. But, yeah, it got too much hate for no reason.

Totally this. I thought it was alright, kinda-bad, but seeing the passive aggression from places like the AV Club felt great.

>REEEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES QUIT WATCHING SUICIDE SQUAD! IT'S SEXXXXIST!

Wow i can easily understand you meant joker. it's almost as if i can actually form a cohesive argument instead of merely nitpicking spelling and grammar.

What about Ghostbusters?

If studios realise they can make money without pandering to China then we may get a LOT more good out of this movie than just Harley Quinn films.

>deadpool that low
your taste sucks

>Does a movie about Captain Boomerang and the jokers well established girlfriend for decades with batman tossed in there for the dark knight crowd compare to the biggest movie marketing campaign in history and a decades-long toy commercial

Ftfy. They blew 100 million on marketing alone

>only 100 million

More like 48757946 gorillion

Shame it was still a shit film though Sempai :3

I'm glad Suicide Squad was this successful

That means we'll get more Harley and Joker! This is exactly the kind of direction the DCEU needs!

Since 2008 it's 11.9%

>Also, what kind of an uncultured savage do you have to be not to know about Elvis and be proud of it? And even if you've never heard of him, I'm sure at least some of you millenials have listened to the "Lilo and Stitch" soundtrack.

This. It's called "cultural osmosis."

I've never seen Star Wars yet I know everything about them.

Doctor Strange is supposed to cost as much as Civil War

>An R rated rated animated comedy and a remake of an obscure family flick were going to beat a superhero movie

The very fucking fact that Sausage Party was close enough to actually do it due to its 67% second week drop shows how front loaded it was.

>Whatever the fuck happened to friendly rivalry?
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp-XMNm12UM

>Civil War despite breaking a billion underperformed slightly
Sup /t/. Still parading your imaginary numbers as fact I see

A comic book movie released at the height of Superhero mainstream popularity did better than a comic book movie released when no one cared about superheroes? Shocker!

This is some "omg who reads BOOKS" level Facebook shit

>the very fucking fact that Sausage Party was close enough to actually do it

And yet it didn't. It only lost its position in its third week. Incidentally, that's the same week Civil War lost its #1 position - to Angry Birds.

boxofficemojo.com/weekly/chart/?yr=2016&wk=21&p=.htm

>Incidentally, that's the same week Civil War lost its #1 position - to Angry Birds.
And SS lost its position - to Don't Breathe and its been a free fall since then.

>Captain America lost its position to a highly anticipated movie to a popular franchise.

>SS lost its position to an unknown horror movie that people went to because it was good.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove? That losing to an popular intellectual property in its third week in a month filled with competition is worse than losing to a horror flick that people had no expectations from?

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85223048/#85234993

>BvS second weekend drop was 69.1% -- from 166mil to 51.3mil.

>Suicide Squad has maybe a little bit more competition than BvS had, and in its second weekend, it'll have a lot more competition (Pete's Dragon and Sausage Party).

>SUICIDE SQUAD BEATS GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY'S AUGUST DEBUT RECORD
>Sadly it'll get absolutely destroyed when that new Disney animated movie comes out next week
>It's fucking Disney so I predict $200 million opening domestic a d suicide squad will call to $30 million

>Jungle book remake did beat BvS worldwide for third place.
>Plus, Pete's dragon seems to be doing well with reviews.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85273037/#q85274439
>>big box office first day
>>massive drops saturday and sunday
>Yeah, you guys totally won, it sure is being received as a great film and not another flop with no legs

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85091052/#85101025
>I don't think Squad will flop.

>desuarchive.org/co/thread/85091052/#q85101106
>Pete's Dragon is out a week later. Its getting rave reviews. And hey, who knows. Maybe Sausage Party will be a hit. Weirder things have happened.

But most of that shit is right. It did have a big drop and the only reason why it sustain was because it took until the end of the month for something to usurp it. Its like how TMNT beat Guardians in its second week but audience reception of Guardians was strong enough for it to actually gain more money the weeks in to bring it back to 1# the opposite of SS which kept falling but with no competition during August it managed to sustain itself. Is it going to be interesting to see how Wonder Woman does because its opening a week before Transformers and since studio execs are catching on to the month of August now WB will have no where else to go.

>pete's dragon was a success

ok

>Box office: 121.7 million USD
>Budget: 65 million USD

Made back its budget and them some and we all know that Disney didn't put much into adverts for it so it was a modest success.

>$65 million dollar loss
>successfull

That's way out of date now

>Arguing with updated numbers by posting outdated numbers

And you DCucks wonder why you're the butt of every joke now.

Still its a shitty movie

>I swear capeshit is the death of film.
You say that casually like it's an insult, but you have no idea how true it is.

>Pete's Dragon's Marketing costs decreased somehow after released

uh

ok
>Box office: 121.7 million USD
>Budget: 65 million USD

>Cinema Take (cinemas don't show movies for free; they take HALF the box office.): 60.5 million USD

BO after Cinema Take: 60.5 million USD

>Marketing: 65 million (because as we all know, you double the budget to get the marketing)
>$130 million production + marketing

>BO Take: -$69 million USD

wow what a phenomenal success

>Marketing: 65 million (because as we all know, you double the budget to get the marketing)
>$130 million production + marketing
Great source ya got there. I'm sure you didn't pull that out your ass either

Uh huh now post the actual marketing budget this time.

How long did it take you to type up so much bullshit? And to think these are the same retards that think SS has already made up all its budget.

>he doesn't know how the box office works

LOL!

>box office mojo
>didn't actually read the article at all

Wew lad

>weebnigger can't read

sad

why is it you (((((people))))) only start trotting out your weebshit when you're assblasted?

Why is that DCucks go on an autistc chimpout whenever people point out how retarded they are?

You can literally not get any more retarded than to say Pete's Dragon wasn't an unmitigated disaster.

>Good movie: BvS

I thought it was honestly the worst thing WB ever put out, but apparently its half-hearted attempts to be quirky and edgy actually won people over.

>unmitigated disaster.
>well-received by critics
>made modest income with a small budget
>diaster

Nah that would be Suicide Squad which DCucks seem to hide its critical reception by pointing out how much money it made and that it stuck it to critics who had an agenda to push forgetting the fact that they're also pushing an agenda themselves by defending such a godawful movie based on income alone. Which begs the question if GL was a big hit would DCucks be singing a different tune?

>Hey look how much money our favourite company's shit movie made

Are dc fans the lowest form of living

>edgy

I want toddlers to leave

The movie isn't exactly well-received by audiences. Maybe teenagers and retards who don't know any better but it doesn't have the same glowing praise as an average Marvel flick, even Thor 2 has a better audience approval rating.

>$69 million dollar loss
>modest income

lol

>weebshit

lol

I meant edgy in the same way Sonic the Hedgehog was edgy in the 90s.

>Haha, oh that Harley, you shouldn't be stealing handbags, you have a world to save!
>"We're bad guys, it's what we do."
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and yet it blew both thors out of the fucking water

so not "edgy" at all?

Hah

This is mostly correct but I don't think every movie uses the same amount of money for budget as marketing.

>love MoS and BvS
>thought SS was mediocre and forgettable
>the success of SS vs the failure of BvS will most likely shape the future of the DCEU

I'm still holding out hope since Cereal King, but these are some weird times for DC's movies.

>still using outdated data from an inaccurate chart
>still getting triggered by reaction images

>Not liking weebshit
>On Cred Forums
NEWFAGS GET OUT

>L-l-l-l-l-l-look how much money it made!
>T-t-t-t-t-t-that means its good right

This is just fucking sad.

I love this movie for how much it triggers autists.

It's Hot Topic edgy. Shadow the Edgehog edgy. It's what small children perceive as edgy because it's marketed towards them.

anime is cancer and belongs on Cred Forums

weebs are as bad as bronies

stop using words you don't understand

Fucking this. I never thought I'd see /co turn into /TV 2.0. Yet here we are in 2016 with daily box office and muh cinematography threads

>weebs are as bad as bronies
God, how new are you?

>outdated data from an inaccurate chart

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=petesdragon2016.htm

You're welcome to look at the numbers and provide proof of your audacious claims, weebcuck.

>Only movie in the DCEU that isn't a brooding, melodramatic slog with 50 references to Christianity
>A Frankenstein of what WB execs thought were the best qualities of the MCU (and Deadpool)

The writing was on the wall here, it's not really weird so much as it is WB realizing too late the direction they were supposed to take. People would rather watch the same joke about unicorns they saw in Deadpool than watch Henry Cavill try his best not to emote ever.

Stop involving yourself in arguments you don't understand.

let's see

>group obsessesd with cartoons for children a quarter of their age or younger
>unwelcome by the majority of the site, yet feel entitled to post everywhere
>feel like everyone is out to get them when everyone just wants them gone
>go to conventions and wear costumes
>when someone calls them an insult specifically targeted towards their kind, they panic and desperately try to redefine the term to insist it means everyone else, but excluded them
>refuse to stay inside containment board

At least I still have the comics, then.

You do realize that chart was made over a month ago right?

You do realize that the budget didn't magically decrease over time, right?

I mean nobody can be that fucking stupid.

The very notion that you're continuing this charade when evidence is showing the opposite makes it clear that you realized you fucked up and can't get out of it.

>when evidence is showing the opposite

????????????????????????????????????

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=petesdragon2016.htm

>Production Budget: $65 million
>Worldwide:$122,539,558

>math
>BO Take: -$69 million USD

do disniggers live in a fantasy world

After two plane movies im surprised people still suck pixars cock in masses.

>>unwelcome by the majority of the site

Wait, weebs or brownies? Because this is a weeb site.

So you're going to continue on with your charade then? Carry on.

That's what Marvel movie lovers do though. Of course when people say BvS was good it's "b-but it didn't make a billion so it's bad!" Make up your mind.

>That's what Marvel movie lovers do though
No? All throughout the Civil War threads they've been...well...discussing the movie while every SS thread is about how much money its been making and how it stuck it to critics somehow. I'm not even sure where those BvS underperformed trolls are coming from. Not every movie needs to make 1 billion to be deemed as successful nor do they need China.

You do realize Pixar didn't animate them right?

My bad, but still with Cars 2 and The good dinosaur...

>Because this is a weeb site.

...lol. just lol.

How new are you?

>All throughout the Civil War threads they've been...well...discussing the movie
See I'd be okay with that if they let me have my DCEU threads in peace. I don't go to Marvel threads and say "haha these movies suck" so why should they be allowed to invade my threads?

The only reason people post so many of these "amount of money made" threads is because of how many people there were earlier who called it a flop.

Mmmmmmm so much butthurt. This is delicious.

I like how this is what DC fans have been reduced to. Finding anyway to justify their shitty movies. It's cool bro you can have this. I hope they make more suicide squad movies. I really do.

Hard to say. Everything was so dark in it.

Your tears sustain me.

Sadly no tears user. Just pity. I eagerly await more movies done like suicide squad. I hope justice League and wonder woman follow the same tone. Enjoy it. You deserve it

BluRay when? I want to watch it again but with a light filter so I can see shit.

It was a fun action movie that triggered critics because it had slightly racy banter and harley had a costume that showed skin. The story is a mess but it's a fun mess

You don't know how profit works, do you?

I don't think you should be saying that in a thread celebrating that a movie released in height of superhero popularity "beat" a movie that kicked it off. Nobody knows shit about profit margins or expectations because the companies never release them unless they bombed hard.

>DCEU threads
Those exists?

All the time. In fact, I was thinking of starting one myself. There's SO MUCH to talk about. People say the movies are "bloated" but I think that just means more content for less money. How is that a bad thing?

Where's the profit margins? Because he's saying Pete's Dragon didn't do well despite it already eclipsing its budget and we have retards here saying that Civil War underperformed unless you want to be coy and say that all the re-shoots and marketing for Suicide Squad was $175 million like a stupid motherfucker.

Civil War barely made any money, and Disney has a habit of lying about their budgets (Guardian's budget was physically announced at $170 mil but later revealed to be almost $250 mil)

>despite it already eclipsing it's budget

Do you think all a movie needs to do is make as much as its production budget?

>>SS is the 3rd movie of a failing franchise and was released so far into the universe building cinema game that unless it makes $1b it is considered below average

So then Iron Man 2 was below average and Captain American and Thor was an outright bomb?

>Civil War barely made any money
Now give a actual offical source and not just Cred Forums tier bullshit
>and Disney has a habit of lying about their budgets
Yep because WB is truthfil and has never lied about their budgets or anything.
deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting-51886/
I'm waiting kid. Either put up or shut up

It really proves a point when you have to use movies from damn near a decade ago because its not like ticket prices and gross revenues were different back then.

Meaningless statistic because of inflation.

Adjust for inflation neither movie is in the top 50 US highest grossing films.

The numbers.

>Civil War
>$250 million dollar budget
>marketing cost generally equals or exceeds production budget, so $250

>$500 million dollar production budget

>Cinemas take half of final gross, so 1/2/ of $1,152 = $576 million

>76 million dollars

PLUS

>Unknown reshoot costs (cosmicbooknews.com/content/chris-evans-battered-and-bruised-captain-america-civil-war-reshoots)
>Disney has lied about budgets before (forbes.com/sites/csylt/2015/01/27/disney-reveals-guardians-of-the-galaxy-was-over-budget-at-232-million/#906b1c92f368)

Winter Soldier and Ant-Man did not come out a decade ago and SS smoked the shit out of them.

>he ACTUALLY thinks all a movie needs to do is make back it's production budget

holy

shit

Never go into business for yourself.

B-but muh capkino! Muh Le Based Russos!

The Mouse will never lie to us, the Mouse is love. He will tell us what we should like and which movie made money and which didn't and not your fucking numbers and logic

It was kinda like the opposite of CW but just as shitty.

>Cred Forums tier bullshit

I'm done here

>SS smoked the shit out of them.
Except Ant Man was more profitable than Suicide Squad. Even when DCucks "win" they still lose.

>says not to post Cred Forums tier bullshit
>does it anyways
Seriously are all DCfags this retarded?

>Walt Disney's profits boosted by Civil War
telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/08/09/walt-disneys-profits-boosted-by-civil-war/
This kills the DCuck!

>getting so assblasted you leave

I did not realize that "facts" were the sole domain of Cred Forums

Good riddance.

>facts
Like the fact that SS still hasn't turned a profit yet?

Suicide Squad (2016)
>Production Budget: $175 million
>Domestic: $318,779,276
>Worldwide: $731,779,276

Ant-Man (2015)
>Production Budget: $130 million
>Domestic: $180,202,163
>Worldwide: $519,445,163

No, that's just more ridiculous Disnigger shit with no basis in fact or numbers.

You forgot the marketing and reshoots buddy

see

I'm not sure the marketing would have made Ant-Man any more money?

>Budget + Marketing: $260
>Worldwide gross minus cinema cut: $259

Final total: -1 Million Dollars

I mean I guess it wasn't a total loss, but hardly a success.

>Retards arguing about the Box office

Suicide Squads making all it's money in merchandise. Scream flop all you guys want. it doesn't matter. As long as they make their money back on the film they won't care when they have all that merch money.

But by all means keep arguing about how "your" company is doing

Nice Intelligent Design, bro.

>Cred Forums tier bullshit

Jesus you fags make this way to easy

To be fair look at ant-man. There wasn't even a rating until 2 days before it came out and commercials started a week and a half before it came out

When the fuck did marketing become as expensive as production? I thought it was half? If Marketing is as much then even Civil War was a loss

>As long as they make their money back on the film
Which will never happen given the mess of production it was. But hey! It made a cool 5 mill

This is why your resume was rejected by the Accounting Dept., user.

They broke even on the film at least and raked in the cash from the merchandise. The DCEU and the MCU are the transformers cartoons from the 80's. They exist to sell toys and other merch to retards. This is also why Disney bought Star Wars. You have to be a spastic not to realize this by now

Nah, he said I did better than the retard who claimed Suicide Squad budget of 175 million included marketing and reshoots

It's always been as much as production.

>then even Civil War was a loss
...but it was.

But it made over a billion. Why bother with this shit?

Civil War had reshoots too, which is what made it completely unprofitable instead of just underperforming.

>made a billion
>cinema takes 500 million
>production costs 500 million
>left with 0

I still don't understand how Civil War cost so much. Half the film is sitting down and talking. It can't have been the effects because those were dogshit

>Civil War had reshoots too
Every film has reshoots but they're rarely to "fix" shit because it didn't do well in focus testing and that doesn't go beyond a few minutes. CW reshoots was for Chris Evans injury and pictures which is normal, SS reshoots was to inject more humor and completely change the tone of the film hence why its editing is a fucking mess and why there was so much cut content, that ain't normal.

Well it looks like Doctor Strange is destined to be another financial failure

Salaries. That's a big problem with ensemble movies, especially with Prima donnas like RDJ.

Plus marketing.

Doctor Strange went back for reshoots for those reasons as well. I can't wait to see the budget for that movie

And you will defend the effects of SS 175 million budget

I didn't mention Suicide Squad.

>Doctor Strange went back for reshoots for those reasons as well
Nope, just for pictures and for extra scenes which is normal. You lose again DCuck

Especially since they're literally reshooting it to add quips.

I'm pretty sure they announced it at $250, same as Civil War.

So this was a company war after all? Good, it means that I can dismiss any attack on DC as Marvel butthurt.

collider.com/doctor-strange-reshoots-dan-harmon/

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doctor-strange-enlists-dan-harmon-922236

>It... it's normal when Marvel does it

I could never imagine being this much of a bitch for a company.

>Announced at 250mil
>Went back for reshoots
>Injected Iron Man so they will have to give RDJ some money

FLOP OF THE CENTURY INCOMING

>So this was a company war after all?
Why bring up Doctor Strange to begin with if you didn't want a company war? Everyone knows that SS reshoots was a big deal yet nobody is saying the same thing about Doctor Strange...well except for DCucks.
Except every fucking movie has reshoots retard but they're not for the same reason SS had reshoots. So apparently because DD was a production disaster it means that every movie is now? Yeah...you call be a bitch yet here you are still getting rammed in the ass by WB because you're too scared to face reality.

>nobody is saying the same thing about Doctor Strange
Because no one gives a fuck about him, user.

Dude, it has Rule 34 Yellow Kid. It can't flop.

>nobody is saying the same about Doctor Strange

yeah isn't that suspicious

they also called Ant-Man a success while calling SS a failure right up until the numbers made it so that they couldn't pretend anymore

hmmmmmmm................

I wonder why......

>Usually, reshoots aren’t a signifier of trouble. Especially with major blockbusters, it’s common for studios to schedule additional shooting days beyond principal photography, and Marvel has made this standard practice for all of their films—Captain America: Civil War had reshoots, as did Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s interesting, though, that Marvel chose Harmon. Might he be lending some more comedic breath to the story of Stephen Strange?

Now compare that to...

cinemablend.com/new/What-Suicide-Squad-Reshoots-Were-Actually-About-According-Director-123917.html

LOOK AT ALL THEM LIES!

>DCucks

lol grow up and see

>they also called Ant-Man a success while calling SS a failure right up until the numbers made it so that they couldn't pretend anymore
Still waiting on you to add those reshoots and marketing numbers for SS bro

>lies

Where?

I guess were still waiting for you to tell us exactly what those reshoots were and how much they cost

The mod is already deleting his posts.

Except Ant Man was also altered in reshoots, soooooooo

cinemablend.com/new/One-Big-Change-Marvel-Made-Ant-Man-During-Reshoots-70457.html

Yeah if you say "DCuck" or "MCUck" and someone reports it the mods will generally delete your post and ban you.

Nah see Marvel can do no wrong they have never ever had a flop! Please pretend Hulk never happened

>user will be a whole weekend without Cred Forums
Everything went better than expected!

>you're not even allowed to like or dislike fucking movies anymore without being part of some console wars bullshit tier teams

You can dislike a movie if you want. I'm not that into the Marvel movies. Just don't be a hostile faggot about it.

No you can discuss them just fine if you're not a delusional faggot about it. I didn't like Suicide Squad but I'm not going to keep cracking out bullshit math to show that it failed and start spamming DCuck to anyone who disagrees

The worst part is when a bunch of idiots show up in a perfectly fine thread just to say "lol ur muvi sukz." What do they get from that?

>ONE SCENE
>versus an entire movie

This is like kicking a sick dog at this point

Yep just like how we'll pretend Green Lantern doesn't exist right? But who am I kidding if that made money you guys would go all the way to defend it.

>perfectly fine thread
Thread ended hereYou just wanted to shitpost

>Yep just like how we'll pretend Green Lantern doesn't exist right?

No. Nobody has ever pretended that.

>versus an entire movie
>He actually believes this

wew lad

>posting anime
>on a non-anime board

Wasn't talking about this thread in particular, buddy.

I really don't know about dressing up your son like a juggalo and your daughter like and whore are exactly the best moves as a parent

>That seems interesting to note, because we only just recently heard rumors that Warner Bros. wanted David Ayer to reshoot Suicide Squad in order to add more humor. However, according to the Suicide Squad director, the reshoots have more to do with adding action, rather than humor.

Oh fuck off faggot. Shitposters come from all sides and if you cant see this you're part of the problem.

Well you're sure as fuck ain't talking about any thread here

Kubo was a worse failure than ghostbusters. Truly we are in the darkest timeline

There is legit no difference between the people who like this money and wanted it to succeed and shitposting.

Well yeah. Everybody said there wasn't enough humor when reshoots were announced. But then a new trailer came out a week later with even more humor we hadn't seen. Those must have been some fast reshoots. Has anyone been able to confirm what these reshoots were? The only one I'm positive about is the one with Flash

How is that a lie?

see

Check any BvS thread in the archive.

>But then a new trailer came out a week later
The last trailer came out in July

It wasn't the last trailer

There's not a single memorable action sequence in this movie

See what?

It was.

No

>When all else fails play stupid

It's a good tactic you've employed. Only a retard would think the whole movie was reshot

The movie you didn't see?

/thread

>DONT DOUBT MEEEEEEEE
>LISTEN AND BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I didn't see that Blair Witch remake but SS was definitely shit. You don't have to watch i.
No need to samefag

lol fucking pwned
Too late, you already got owned. Just admit defeat.

Was it? Proof?

I'll just give you my copy+paste that explains it
>One of the best examples of such integration of the comics is how it uses key scenes from Dark Knight Returns (even doing a 1:1 remake of the death scene) as way to deconstruct it. I know for a lot of people deconstruction is a trigger word, so if you want you can instead say an inversion. While DKR had Batman very much in the right, BVS puts Batman on the wrong side. BvS turns Batman into the reactionary stooge that upholds the status quo, which was Superman's role in the comic. They also have the same dead Robin plot point, but this Batman never gets a new one. Batman fights Superman, but this time he goes in with the purpose of killing Superman instead of faking his own death. When Superman is nuked, it is from America instead of the commies, and he willing takes a blast to defeat a monster instead of trying to defend the earth. He also rejuvenates from the sun in space instead of sucking solar energy from Earth (as he does in the comic). And last but not least, in BvS Superman dies with a hint of him coming back instead of Batman. This kind of engagement with the past and with the stories that came before, the homages and commentaries on past comics, that is one of the aspects that makes the long 75+ years of Batman and Superman so fantastic to me, and BvS carries on in that tradition.

>Samefag

Fuck he's running on empty now

>WB literally admitted that SS had reshoots
>NO U YOU'RE LYING

This movie deserved to get trashed as hard as it did.

there wasn't any edge in MoS, and it WAS an epic adaptation of pre-new52 Superman. They took moments, themes, and ideas right out of multiple post and pre crisis Superman runs.

BvS was a great commentary on what we've done to Batman in media and a great exploration of a reverse-Dark Knight Returns

again, SS gets every character down perfectly (even if it uses an interpretation of Deadshot that doesn't appear in the SS comics, but in his solo stuff)
>why can't it be muh cartoons

>lol fucking pwned
So I'm guessing this is the mentality of SSfags

But in this case there is a big difference between Honka honka and hunka hunka. One is a reference to elvis, the other geese.

>again, SS gets every character down perfectly
Please, for the love of christ, read a comic before you say nonsense like this.

We all know it had reshoots. They didn't reshoot the whole film

>Angry Birds
>Highly anticipated
>not knowing all the xenophobia related apprehension surrounding the movie
>I havent seen a single ad for the movie and I live in LA

>how dare he like something I don't!

Just because you live in your basement isolated from the outside doesn't mean everyone does.

It's fun.

>that's the same week Civil War lost its #1 position - to Angry Birds

Holy shit marlelcucks please commit sudoku right now

>Captain America Civil War is the highest grossing movie of the year and had great critical reception

>Suicide Squad was a critical dud and despite all its frontloadedness won't be Deadpool, BvS and especially Civil War.

But...good job getting retards to buy costumes and beating an 8 year old movie I guess.

there was literally ONE jesus reference in MoS you mongoloid

also I guess Christ references is why Passion of the Christ is so bad, or why people hate the Reeves movies so much, oh wait.....

Jesus is just a character in a story, a very famous story, and is himself basically a mix of Moses and Elijah.

I say this as a jew, Superman has been compared to Jesus plenty of times in the comics, so has every other fucking hero. Its not the comparison, its what its being used for that matters. Saying referencing Jesus is bad is like saying using metaphors is bad, its all in how you use it.

Pic related.

>an avengers movie made more than a movie about a jugaloo slut trashed by critics

Holy shit!

you know that generally an advertising budget is the same as the production budget. So if we assume that holds true for Pete's Dragon, then we can determine they need about 130mil to break even.

>an avengers movie
Nice meme

>advertising budget is the same as the production budget.

It's true though

>proof/backing up claims
Not by making up numbers and not backing up your sources. Also he asked for an official report.

WB lied about budgets so they don't have to pay royalties to people. If anything they make their budgets bigger so that they can claim a smaller profit, so they can pay people less.

>that denial

>Squad didn't make money
>somehow knows exactly what the reshoots were done for on each movie

give a source or stop with your autism and leave this board. You were a mistake.

>An avengers movie
This is how we know we're dealing with a shitposter. Calls a Captain America movie an Avengers movie.
>a jugaloo slut
This is how we know we're dealing with a shitposting. Thinking Suicide Squad, a movie featuring Batman and the Joker, was about one sole individual who is unknown and managed to captured audiences so now its popular.

Literally nobody said SS didn't have reshoots.

What meme? It was an Avengers movie. It had all the Avengers in it, revolving around RDJ

>Literally nobody said SS didn't have reshoots.
SSfags have been saying it didn't have reshoots all throughout this thread

>has all the Avengers in it
>Iron Man gets more screen time than Cap
>isn't an Avengers movie

kys and leave

>there was literally ONE jesus reference in MoS you mongoloid
I even liked man of steel, despite the fact that batman vs superman and suicide squad were both really fucking awful, but let's not kid ourselves. Him being 33 and praying in front of a stained glass window of jesus with a bright red cloak flowing in the background was just one of the many many pound you in the face references they had to him being referenced to jesus.

Link?

no they havent you delusional faggot. Link to ONE post saying SS had NO reshoots. All we are saying is that we know what the reshoots are for, and it was action. We know for a FACT one of the reshoots was to get Flash in there. We also know that all the comedy in the trailers was shot before the reshoots.

You were a mistake and your parents dont love you.

>I have not seen CW

Not surprising coming from an SSfag

>All we are saying is that we know what the reshoots are for, and it was action
Which was a lie.

>We also know that all the comedy in the trailers was shot before the reshoots.
This is also a lie

>a movie about Iron Man with all the avengers fighting each other shouldn't be called an avengers movie
>a movie with one batman cameo and three minutes of Joker is a movie about batman and the joker though

It was an Avengers movie. Chris Evans wasn't even the highest paid actor in that movie. RDJ was by a large margin

No. None of that is lies you shitposter

Don't bother, I think the success of Skwad has BTFO some people into insanity

>An avengers movie
>Nobody actually teams up together throughout the entire thing and the narrative is centered around Cap as he is the most important character
>But this is an avengers movie just because

>a movie about Deadshot featuring Batman and Joker because nobody else matters

Where is your source for any of this?

Also I have seen CW, and CW did indeed feature all the Avengers, and not just them, but people that werent even Avengers yet like Ant-Man and Black Panther.

>It was an Avengers movie
>Titled Captain America Civil War
Okay. You're still wrong btw but please continue
>Chris Evans wasn't even the highest paid actor in that movie. RDJ was by a large margin
What does that have to do with the movie?
>success
Kek

>>Nobody actually teams up together throughout the entire thing and the narrative is centered around Cap as he is the most important character

There are no one but TWO fucking avengers teams in the movie, my dear shill.

the narrative actually focuses more on Iron Man, and literally everyone teams up into two teams in the big fight in the middle you retard.

Batman was in Squad for 2 scenes.

I'll probably never watch a DC film in theaters because I don't want to pay 15 for a cut version then watch it again so I can see the Director's Cut

>CW did indeed feature all the Avengers
>No Hulk or Thor
HA!

>>Titled

Just how cucked can you get man?

>Nobody actually teams up together throughout the entire thing

There's literally two teams having a scrap in a parking lot

>the title is what matters
>the Civil War comic was actually about the actual Civil War and not the avengers because the title is Civil War
>Rebirth was literally about someone being born again
>The Dark Knight is literally about a knight that wears dark armor
>A Tale of Two Cities is literally about two cities
the movie had all the Avengers in it and the plot literally revolved around Bucky and Iron Man and not Cap. Hell, the B-plot was all about Black Panther!

Well said. It's crazy how much Zack likes Superman despite him being the antithesis to objectivist philosophy. It's like Zack knows deep down that objectivism is wrong.

they are pretty explicitly not active Avengers at the moment.

Its like saying Sandman is always an Avenger because he was one during busiek's run, or that Booster Gold is still in the Justice League just because he was part of it during bwa-ha-ha era. Rosters change you fucking idiot.

Nice bait bro, it's working quite well too

Nobody likes Hulk and Thor. That's wny Hulks movie was a flop

Thanks! And isn't "objectivism is wrong" kind of an underlying theme of both MoS and BvS? crazy Batman is basically a big ball of objectivism, and Superman turns him into a pinko commie in comparison by the end.

>Avengers Teams
Ant Man, BP, Spider-man aren't Avengers and no nobody fucking teamed up. The whole point of Avengers were a group of individuals teaming up for a common cause the teams that fought were Team Iron Man and Team Cap not as Avengers.
>the narrative actually focuses more on Iron Man
Wrong again. The whole movie hendges on Cap's actions and his ultimate decision, Iron Man acts as the emotional support for the film.

Man, I sure so love BTFO DCfags with a much better movie.

SO according to DCfags Iron-Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Winter Solider are all Avengers movies.

>and no nobody fucking teamed up

Except the two teams and then Iron man when he went to team up with Cap and Bucky before he found out about his parents murder

>Man, I sure so love BTFO DCfags with a much better movie.

Man are you literally crying right now? It was an avengers movie and it was pure shit, just as bad as SS but even duller. Just accept it and move on with your life bro

Do any of those flicks show all the avengers teaming up to fight each other? In that case, yes

>It's not an Avengers film
>It only had like 10 Avengers in it

Are Marvelfags so desperate to believe that Captain Amerrica was the selling point and not Iron Man and Spider-man in "His" sequel

>Except the two teams
They didn't team up. You are wrong. Next
>COME ON!
>IT WAS BADDDDDD
>GET MADDDDDD
Once again I love BTFO DCfags

>are in a team
>not team up

>The teams didn't team up to become teams

>They didn't team up

>Are Marvelfags so desperate to believe that Captain Amerrica was the selling point
Considering how popular Cap is? You are one pathetic DCfag

You're getting rekt'd pretty hard today my marlelshill friend, you should rest

Are you fags this brand loyal? Both fucking suck at movies Marvel makes shitty "quirky" movies and DC cares too much about Marvel

>Its a team! But they're fighting another team so that means they teamed up!

I think I broke the DCfag guise

"Hey that's pretty cool, good job DC"

>pic related

I TRIED SO HARD AND I GOT SO FAR BUT IN THE END IT DOESN'T MATTER

>Cap
>popular

Did you know that no MCU film that didn't feature Iron Man has made over 800mil? Did you know that Iron Man 3 made more than Civil War? Iron Man is popular and it looks like Cap just held him back

>They didn't team up
>being this pathetic

Iron Man teamed up with Cap to stop Zemo before he found out about the murder of his parents. Tell us how that doesn't count

>Iron Man teamed up with Cap to stop Zemo before he found out about the murder of his parents
So its an Avengers movie despite all the Avengers not beings active? Okay

>There's no teams
>The marketing campaign was #teamCap #Teamironman

So I see you have lost touch with reality

>Suicide Squad to me was the metaphor for summer. It’s heading for $650 million worldwide — it is a damn good return for a pedestrian superhero movie, which at times played like a cynical trailer for future DC product. It may even break even some day.

Fucking destoryed

>The marketing campaign was #teamCap #Teamironman
So it wasn't an Avengers movie. Glad you agree

Its made more than that though. This just goes to show how fucking salty people have been about the movie

The Avengers are active in the movie. Caps team at the start are the Avengers. Did you not see Age of Ultron. Thor left and Hulk quit

The film hasn't even reached Zootopia's domestic, and Disney was convinced it would do mediocre numbers

And Ghostbusters was a total flop and Sony was convinced it was a billion dollar idea. I don't see what either has to do with what we're talking about

I mean Harley was no different from BTAS version personality wise.

So now Box Office suddenly matters to DCfriends?

It always did, mouseketeer.

>we are the champions

Im a DCfag, but even I think that SS was "The gang of Harley and Deadshot" and WB failed attempt on being cool/edgy.

Damn, you know there's a problem when even the soundtrack sucks and the fans suddenly change from "good quality film" to "whatever makes money no matter if it's bad"

The soundtrack went gold. It's the only one to do so this year

You can't make this shit up

>it always did
of course it did but you always tried to pretend it didn't

I'm sad. Now DC won't try to make good movies like I'm hoping.
We won't get another movie as good as Batman Begins or Dark Knight. Or the DCAU, or anything. We are stuck with crap because you guys can't admit these movies are horrible. So we have DC turds and Avengers Assembly Line blandness for the rest of our lives or until the bubble pops.
What a terrible time to be a movie goer and a fan of comics.

>Queen, Lil Wayne, Creedence, Creep, Kehlani, etc.
>Gold

No user, putting random songs with little to no relation between them on movie scenes doesn't make a soundtrack good

>What a terrible time to be a movie goer and a fan of comics.

But Rebirth has been great

Nope, I'm done with the big two. No more inconsistent crap, no more reboots, no more events. Fuck that shit.

>cracked the top 50
>beat the #10 Marvel movie
>champions

They better knock Lobo out of the park in the sequel. I fuckin' love that guy.

Who said it was good. I said it went Gold.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squad-soundtrack-goes-gold-932015

Good thing Rebirth wasn't a reboot and there's no event in sight

I don't know if this means WB marketing did a good work or people nowadays consume anything no matter what or how good it is

>beat the #10 Marvel movie

Actually it's beat everything but CW, both Avengers movies, GOTG and Iron Man 3