Do you think Don Bluth movies were more emotional/moving or Disney movies?

Do you think Don Bluth movies were more emotional/moving or Disney movies?

Anastashia has lots to work with in terms of fap material

I'm willing to bet money if the rumors are true and Disney really does wanna buy most of Bluth's IP's they namely want Land Before Time, American Tale, All Dogs Go To Heaven, and Anastasia

Thumbelina as well.

Bluth stuff tends to tug at my heartstrings more than Disney.

Honestly when I think about it it's hard for me to come up with a Disney movie I like more than The Secret of Nimh and The Land Before Time.

Dumbo and the first Land Before Time fucked me up about equally as a kidlet.

I finally remembered something from Disney that made me feel worse than a Don Bluth movie. This one fucking scene broke my heart more than any Don Bluth film did, by god.

Speaking for me personally, I liked Don Bluth's work more than Disney (Troll in Central Park and Pebble and the Penguin are the tits) growing up, however I don't recall those giving me any more emotion than Disney.
Pinocchio scared me as a child, but I felt more sadness (and fear) than Troll/Penguin

Well, let's see. Here's Disney's animated canon movies (excluding Zootopia because I don't have an updated image)

Don Bluth movies are weird because they always have that 1/3rd of the movie that's beyond captivating and pulls at every heart string it can

But then the other two thirds just don't have the same feel or tone or anything and while it remains good it's just sort of jarring as an adult.

The first third of The Land Before Time makes me sob like a damn baby every time.

And here's Don Bluth's movies. Unless you count Banjo the Woodpile Cat and Pebble and the Penguin also.

My conclusion: there are way too many Disney movies spanning multiple eras for Bluth's films to compete with, so it's unfair/impossible to compare.

I feel like I need to rewatch all the Disney movies and Don Bluth movies because the memories of how I felt about them have faded and I want to see how my views of them have changed from when I was a kid.

Disney could just make their own Thumbelina movie whenever they want.

Speaking of Bluth, is anyone going to that class being held in Scottsdale AZ in a little over a week from now?

It's expensive as shit so I don't expect a yes, but I managed to scramble up the money since it's nearby and am wondering if I'll see any fellow anons there

>can't draw for shit
>always wanted to learn Don Bluth/Disney style
>nothing online helps

What do

I loved the Secret of NIMH when I was growing up. I liked that it had a darker and more serious tone than Disney movies. It's too bad that the sequel was so terrible.

Find character sheets online. Practice drawing the characters in various poses.

The truth is Bluth

What this guy said. Disney has 55-ish movies to his 9, that's about x6 more content.

HOWEVER, if you want to compare Bluth's films with Disney films made in the same era of time, there's an actual argument, because on an emotional level Bluth's earliest films had more emotional tugs than the pre-renassiance Disney ones.

I'm of the opinion though that past 'All Dogs' the Bluth films started taking it on the ropes because, Again, the Disney Renaissance was in full swing by then.

God, I want to fuck that baby elephant so hard.

DELETE THIS

emotionally traumatizing for me

The Land Before Time broke me.

The sequel was made by different people and most fans don't count it as canon. A lot of direct to video animated movie sequels are terrible but easy to ignore.

Agreed. There were a couple years when Bluth's movies beat Disney's by a mile on multiple levels. But looking back, that only amounted to a handful of films.

>Disney buying Bluth movies

Literally why

I will say, of his later films, Titan A.E. is amazing.

I love Bluth's movies, but nothing will ever be as beautiful to me as Sleeping Beauty. It's my perfect movie from an art perspective.

you know why.

Bluth's art style is more appealing and fluid but the storyboarding/whatever the fuck it is is lacking. It's basically kawaii shit over the lab-tested heartstring pulls Disney likes to throw at you.

my mom dressed me exactly like this. weird overall dresses and everything.

but I was a bitch spaz, not cute, more like pic related.