Make Your Own Flash Villain!

Okay, Cred Forums. Since you're all so smart. Think of a good Flash villain under these restrictions:

1) Not another Speedster
2) Not a one-off threat
3) Can pose a real challenge to the Flash
4) Has cross-franchise compatibility
5) Has a marketable design and character

Come on, you know you can do better than this guy. Or can you?

> Not another Speedster
> Can pose a real challenge to the Flash
first DC would have to heavily nerf the speedforce
nowadays the SF has really stupid feats

Black Emperor, gravity manipulator.
Guy invents a revolutionary engine powered by dark matter that the scientific community mocks as being impossible and call him a fraud.
He presents it in public to a group of scientists only for it to go horribly wrong, the engine generates thousands of microscopic blackholes and starts to pull him in, Flash grabs him and runs him out to the middle of nowhere to save the city. The engine rips itself apart, infusing the guy with dark matter. Blaming Flash for destroying his life's work and the scientists for sabotaging it, he starts killing the scientists after he discovers that he can control gravity.

I don't know. Gentleman Ghost?

I like it so far, now you just need a design that sells

You know what? Slyde from the Marvel Universe would be a pretty good Flash villain.

I mean, he's a shitty villain against Spiderman, but if he used his anti-friction chemicals against a speedster, he might actually approach competency

Has Flash ever fought Sportsmaster?
Really I just want to see him get a lucky shot in with a baseball bat.

Now we only need a guy name You to round up a stellar team of your fella and Godspeed.

A guy who can create hardlight projects with some Maker-looking helmet, making obstacle courses on the go and other structures

So...Spiderman's Spot?

Because fuck you that's exactly what I was thinking.

Some scientists wife was killed in a gang crossfire. He tries travelling back in time but instead discovers a way to speed up time around himself, which allows him to experience the world around him in slow motion.
He goes after his wifes killers families and even tries to kill the police that didn't help him after his wife was killed.

...You know, track and field is a sport.

Wrack and Ruin.
Two brothers that experimented with energy absorption and diffusion, their experiments went stereotypically wrong and granted them powers. Having spent their whole lives scraping by and living the hard way, they decide to put their powers to use making life easier for themselves.
Wrack can convert potential energy into kinetic energy, causing explosions, overloads, and all kinds of mayhem.
Ruin can amplify entropy around him, causing structures to crumble, metal to rust, wood to rot, muscles to atrophy.

A a psychic teleporter with low range but instantaneous spam. Professional thief. Could just keep teleporting behind the flash every time he charges.

A character with gravitational power or a controller with vibration powers who would create earthquakes.

Or introduce the Turtle Man but instead of him a slow retard, make him a meta who can slow things

Peek-a-boo.

A ridiculously smart guy who just fucks with the flash with brains not powers.
Coats everything in a room with powerful lsd.
etc..

Chemical-Bond Lad, the strapping young man with the ability to effortlessly destabilize chemical bonds, rending regular matter apart at the molecular level. Good luck running fast when you're being torn apart atom by atom.

A non-speedster to threaten Flash? That's hard, you'd need a guy who can move through his own dimension, slow Flash down, or maybe have tech so advanced that it's basically magic, but I can't imagine those characters.

Doctor Alchemy is already that but 100x more versatile and powerful.

Or maybe a psychic?

I mean, I guess a normal psychic wouldn't work. You'd have to find a way to make him super strong and tough so he could survive Flash's first flurry and then do the psychic intrusions.

Thawne with a mix of godspeed?

like if he were say an animal something big and strong but still smart and relatable enough to resonantly gain intelligence and psychic powers like say an ape of some kind, maybe a gorilla? now we just need a strong comicbooky name like Gorilla Grodd?

Utilize Magenta. Magnetism opens up a lot of sci-fi adevntures. Though I think she's saved for Wally's eventual solo.

Give Golden Glider some understandable powers. Having a ghost like villain would push Flash to his limits easily.

As an OC, Someone like Obito Uchiha would be an interesting idea. A guy who is capable of sending his body parts to his own pocket dimension and spam teleporting.

Another would be giving Flash a Mysterio like guy. I think Mirror Master is a bit of dumbass when it comes to illusions.

Physics and magic based villains are all good choices.

Literally anything but another evil speedster, I'm gonna barf.

I see Sportsmaster best working in a Wally book. You can also introduce Artemis as a Black Cat like foil to Linda as well.

Some kind of Multiplex-style duplicator who commits a bunch of crimes simultaneously in different locations, splitting the Flash's energy and focus

Labyrinth, an autistic woman obsessed with mathematics and geometry, who manifests the ability to alter reality after staring too deep into the void. I guess she'd be a Rogue? She distorts space to turn the world around Flash into an impossible maze where direction is meaningless.

The mazes would homage artworks like "Relativity". In other words, she's an Escher girl.

Mob Rule was something like this.

Rocket Rooster

He's a guy who wears a chicken costume and uses a jetpack.

The Flash embarrassed him one day (on accident) so he spent a long time working to become a proper villain who could thwart the Flash and made sure to be the most embarrassing villain to beat him.

I like this. Rogues, or just bastards?

Ghost God.

He's a metahuman that's gained the ability to become completely intangible to anything, and can even carry over his intangible to many objects as he wishes.

He starts out robbing banks and repeatedly keeps getting away with it due to fact that he's literally untouchable. Eventually he gets power hungry and tries to use his powers to take over the world.

New 52 Golden Glider is supposed to be like this.

Sounds like New 52 Golden Glider.

How'd I do?

Alias: The Personal
Power: Is always behind you.

Possibly someone who nullifies superpowers in a range around them? Nothing too major - 20 meters or so in all directions? No speed force connection, no super strength, no invincibility.

Just a normal person in every other way. But now... so is the Flash.

Literally just Francis Grey from The Batman. Ability to reset time by a few seconds would be a pretty damn useful trick against a speedster.
Sorry, man, but "able to take away what makes the hero special" is the most boring power possible unless they're 1) not a recurring character and 2) they've got something else going for them.

You said a good Flash villain, not a flashy Flash villain. The Speedforce is OP, I think he came up with a great idea to combat it. There are no boring powers, only uncreative writers.

I don't know why I assumed you were OP. Sorry, its late.

THE WALL.

Okay, then, how would you make that villain interesting? There's literally no interesting encounter that you can get out of "the Flash and his opponent are now just totally normal guys", and it would just lead to bullshit like "Captain Cold is on the loose again - BUT WAIT, he's teamed up with Depower Dave, and now the Flash has no powers!" again, and again, and again.

On the other hand, what you are saying is that without their powers, Barry and Wally are dull and boring. Barry, sure. Wally? Thems fighting words :)

Depower Dave is so silver age I lol'd :D

>I lol'd
>emoticons

Psi-Ops.

A former Government Psychic operative, Psi-Ops has had his cognitive abilities honed so hard he is able to see into the future along with extremely heightened senses.

He also has Telekinetic powers, able to repel or move things with his mind.

Basically, Think Assassin Spiderman's spider sense with being able to move shit with your mind.

Silent Spectre

Have all the power of a ghost. That includes being intangible, can regenerate, shoot spooky spectral beam, possession, can fly and any basic super human stuff.

His backstory is that he was a scientist that was creating a portal to a some kind of ghostly dimension. But rumour spreads about his experiments. The rumour says that he was going to use his machine to unleash some kind of evil being and take over the world, while the truth is that he was just trying to find a way to communicate with the dead. While he was inside his portal machine to find out what was wrong with it because it's not working. Flash accidentally crash into his lab fighting some kind of villain and accidentally turn the power of the machine on. He then slips on some wire inside of it and the machine suddenly works. But it explodes and he turns into a some kind of ghost. There he is Silent Spectre.

Vicky Volt

Electricity based Rogue. I mean, we've got ice, heat, air/weather, I think he'd fit in nicely.

I think it'd work best if she could absorb speed force energy, not to go fast, but to slow Flash down and shoot him with.

She'd be an electrician, technician and inventor who not only made her own weapon, but also upgrades the rest of the Rogue's tech. It'd help to be able to give the Rogue's new gadgets every now and again.

Something similar to Dark Horse Ghost? I would absolutely love that.

Nerves of Peel

This character has the ability to draw attention to himself, causing his opponents to single-mindedly focus on him and nothing else, becoming blind to the world. Super's grandmother about to be murdered by some thug a few feet away? Little girl crossing the road and about to be splattered by a truck? Nuclear bomb ticking down with 4 seconds left to cut the red wire? Too bad, the Super doesn't care, they have laser-precision focus on Nerves of Peel. Combined with his arsenal of banana peels to trip, disorient, and confuse all (non-flying) foes, he is an unstoppable force to be reckoned with.

A man who throws boomerangs. Flash thinks he dodged them? Too bad, they come right back around

To the Rogues, this would actually be wonderful. Rob a bank, keep Nerves around. He's not even doing anything... Rogues take the money and walk out.

Rubber man. He can "bounce" any energy that touches him. Flash can't touch him!

So imagine this guy, looks like a normal guy, talks like a normal guy, acts like a normal guy. He just has a sad smile on his face, and wants someone to talk to.

Problem is everywhere he goes people seem to get lost in their thoughts, they become lazy, they don't want to really do much of anything.

Flash hears about this and runs over to investigate and when he gets within 300ft he just sort of stops and gives up, sits down and begins to softly weep.

Our new villains name is Mr. Sappy and Mr. Sappy doesn't have any friends.

Oh he used to have lots and lots of friends until one day they all just sort of disappeared, he went to go find them and they were all dead in their homes looking at pictures from the past.

You see Mr. Sappy has to power to make you hate your present circumstances and make your mind turn inward because you now only want to experience the good times of the past. Not only that but the happier life you've had, the stronger his powers become.

Mr. Sappy kills with nostalgia although he doesn't always mean to.

A guy whose body secretes a special lubricant that sticks to pretty much anything, and is near frictionless, of which he himslef is unaffected by.
Also he secretes the lubricant from allthroughout his skin.

I can him, "Guy who has long given up wearing clothes because laundry costs too much money."

Eventually when the powercreep kicks in, it will be revealed that he is so well lubricated, that he has become dislodged from time and space itself.
And thus has transcended to a pan-dimensional lifeform, whose sole purpose is to make things inconvenient for the Flash.

I'd like to see this with the current Wally, he's got nostalgia for days, seeing as Linda isn't his wife anymore.

Imagine it.

Some naked guy, covered in his own special sauce, who will appear out of nowhere just to make it impossible for the Flash to use doorknobs.

I am almost certain that Wally had a villain like this during Mark Waid's run.

Ridiculous, DC would NEVER do something like that!

The board master, or something like that.
He has a magic manipulation power over board games. He takes several hostages and turns them into chess pieces, now flash has to beat in chess without losing those pieces. If flash gets up to read chess strategies, he automatically forfeits.
Also he can switch up the game at any time.
"you don't seem to be doing well, maybe backgammon is more your speed?"
I had a dream I was Kid Flash and faced him. I didn't win

"Whats your deal? With powers like yours you could make tons of money just by selling off your -ugh- body lube to research."
"You think I haven't tried?! Who in their right mind could take a naked man covered in grease, seriously. Much less a well dressed man who looks like he's been dipped in oil. I've tried it all Flash, its just that nothing ever seems to stick."

"...you did that on purpose didn't you."

wasn't this an episode of DS9?

Girl who cancels muscle responses, has big kissable lips and short brown hair. Possible D cup chest.

What do we call her, Flaccid?

...go on

I can dig it.

Accel

A villain whose ability is to magnify any given action of another person a hundredfold. It's a passive ability that only affects those within a limited range; though through extensive training, she is able to extend its radius by a large amount for a limited time.
This ability also can effect the performance of inanimate objects, such as computer; causing a normal desktop to compute at several times its processing power.

She has such precise control that she basically has a slider on the multiplier that governs her abilities. So she can magnify performance by 10, and then immediately to 100, and then down to 20.

The best part about her powers is that they give her an opportunity to become reformed, since they are not inherently negative.

An example for usage against flash.
Say she knows the flash is coming for her, so she premptively sets her multiplier to a hundred and just does her business. The Flash takes chase, but the moment he enters her perimeter, all of a sudden he's blown through an entire cities worth of buildings and is miles away.

So she Red Sun's Flash?

To have something capable of tackling the inherently-broken Speed Force, you'll need to throw something else inherently-broken at it.

Magic.

Abra Kadabra really needs to be elevated as a serious Flash foe. And yes I know he isn't actually magic but 64th century technology effectively is magic (thats his entire point).

I'm thinking a Morrison take on Kadabra would be a perfect fit.

The Ruler

A villain with the power to create a rule to a specific are. People who are in that area have to follow the rules set by the The Ruler if not a punishment set by The Ruler will be used against them. The problem with this power is that even The Ruler have to follow it and it cannot directly cause lost of life. Space is limited to 300m around him. He can make up any rule.

Given that she cannot use her abilities on herself, Accel has taken to learning defensive forms of combat; often making use of redirection in order to one-up her opponents.
Of course given her ability, one missed punch and you'll have smashed your fist into the wall behind her with the strength of a truck. Enjoy your pulverized appendage.

Haven't actually read Red Son. What's his ability there?

And when he goes cosmic and become a living entity, the truth came out. His power actually came from THE GOD. Not the fake kind, but the actual god of everything. He can now set any rules he want anywhere he wants and anything he wants. The no lost of life restriction was actually his mind making made up rules because he actually doesn't want to take the life of anyone.

That's just that guy from Yu Yu Hakusho with the glasses or that guy from Bleach with the PSP

woops meant Red Kryptonite, y'know cuz it fucks with his powers

It kind of is but you know not everything need to be original. It's a good power so fuck it.

it's in that category of muh territory

enter it and suffer my evil will bleh bleh

And what's wrong with that? It's better than most comic powers nowadays.

I guess it makes a kind of sense - Flash is about ultimate mobility. A villain who is all about locking down a space could work pretty good against a Flash, whatever form that lockdown takes.

Well it fucks with his abilities in a predictable fashion. It's just that the amplification is variable.
Honestly a character like hers would be good in villain teamups.

Thunderclap
Wears two gauntlets on his arms that emit a powerful seismic wave when either glove strikes a surface with high kinetic energy. The harder the strike, the greater the sonic boom. When clapping the gloves together, the wave can concentrate outwards into a powerful blast. Thunderclap wears an almost diver-ish suit that prevents him from being affected by the blasts himself. Also in a bonus package inside of the suit, Thunderclap has in the helmet a small screen that can calculate where something will move to next, allowing better combat against the Flash.

Zoom.

nothin' Id just tone it down, your villain is entering Sonic OC territory.

true, a lot of villains in this thread have territories

yeah she would, stuff like happened in Emperor Joke where he suped up Superman and he ended up breaking Lois' neck by going to fast.

didn't that guy show up in season 2 of Flash?

Yesterday I had a dream I was Barry Allen. I was running with Jay. All I could do was make wisecracks about his outfit.Today the episode with Jay in it appeared on TV as a rerun. It was the only episode I missed.Cue Twilight Zone Theme Song.

I don't watch the show, I only read the comics, I never heard of anyone that uses seismic forces when hitting other objects as a power in Flash's mythology.

Inertia! He has the power to change the direction of any objects inertia at will. Good fucking luck speeders...he needs line of sight but it doesnt have to be perfect...like if he sees the red blur flash just gets jerked at the speed hes going in whatever ditection inertia is feeling at the moment...up and down are usually devestating. Very ubrupt change in direction.

Looks like pic related

And a Stephen King short story

Geomancer

He controls the earth.

that's seismic, can cause earthquakes

"Welcome to the real man's world."

You've never read Flash comics, have you?

She'd be great in Payday.
"Stupid piece of fucking shit drill! No it just breaks down twice as fast!"

That's also literally Acellerator's power from that Railgun anime or whatever.
The one that became a meme rivalry between Cred Forums and Cred Forums.

Slow-Moe,
A primitive alien parasite uses a sun as it's host not knowing that it would eventually die and turn into a black hole. When it does, the parasite somehow survives and recieves powers similar to a black hole, which it uses to trap everything around it in a temporary (but not necessarily dangerous) black hole which causes the distortion of reality. This, in turn will cause everyone in this temporary (but not necessarily dangerous) black hole to experience time really fast which makes Slow-Moe look fast. When in reality, everyone else has only slowed down and Slow-Moe travels in normal speed

Suggest a better name, I've got no ideas

Old Scratch.

Ability: Cause minor superficial ailments, like uncontrollable coughing, itching, eye-watering, bruises, sores, but no actually destructive diseases

>This, in turn will cause everyone in this temporary (but not necessarily dangerous) black hole to experience time really fast
I don't think that's how black holes work, dude. Why not just give him magic?

From what I've read, that's how I understand it, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

So Geomancer.

Oh wow, it looks like people on Cred Forums can make better villains then people at DC themselves. Who would've thought?

Honestly most of these are either crap or really derivative.

Literally perfect

There's already a villain with those powers called Peek-a-boo

Hey, I don't like the boomerang idea too but that doesn't mean everything here is crap.

I don't know a name yet, but a villain who wears a device that augments his strength by absorbing the speed force. The faster Flash is around him, the stronger he gets. His plan is to capture the flash and study the speed force so he can permanently augment his strength through use of the speed force, and learn how to tap into its speed as well.

Gravity Bong!
Who so ever smokes this bong will wield the power of Greenskull! If you smoke from it your perception warps reality around you.
Looks like pic when powers are in use.

Very few, never a full run. Whos toes I step on.

All of these are literally better than another evil speedster with I Am Better Than You Barry motive No.120555

Honestly? not a real threat.
He can only do real damage if people do stuff to him first, and he must be able to respond.. which against flash, he won't.

Stinkmeiser

Has the ability to manifest and maintain increasingly offensive odors. They by nature can inflect no harm...they are simply so foul that even lanterns dont have the willpower not to run for fresh air.

The smell goes right through filters, there is no escape. Red tornado kicks this guys ass.

Looks like pic.

Wire
>Cybernetic villain
>Can release countless black wires out of his body, which attach to electronic devices
>Absorbs digitally processed information, which increases his strength, speed, and stamina
>The more information absorbed, the more powerful he is
>Can also use the black wires as whips and Doc Ock-esque tentacles

"If knowledge is power, then you're in a lot of trouble."

It's automatic remember. And I'm pretty sure stealing some of the earths rotational energy would do some damage

The Highway Man

He has the power to manipulate, not gravity, but the plane of existence as we know it. But the way he applies himself to his power is interesting. See, he can make a building curve at a 90 degree angle. For the rest of the world, jumping out of a window would mean following that 90 degree curve straight down and pretty much falling to their death. But to him, he could climb out the window and walk along the building's flat side

Slow-Down. Power is that he can nullify the speedforce within a certain radius of himself. On top of that, he can also slow down the time of the rest of the world. To other speedster, they aren't slowed down in time. But their powers won't work either

Flash-Back. Similar to Slow-Down, except instead of nullifying the speedforce he absorbs it. He redirects the kinetic energy made from flash's running as electrical powers

Barrier. Living rock guy, made of bricks. Main power is that he can assemble walls wherever the Flash is running to

he must keep thinking for it to be 'automatic'. Which means it's not something definitive or permanent.

and he has clear limits, even if he could do that in theory. If his powers were that big, he could literally just destroy the entire city to defeat Touma in S01 of the anime, for example. I know he gets better later on, but still he does have very clear limits to his abilities while Flash can hit people with the weight of the moon on the face without breaking a sweat.

that said, it's very easy to find loopholes in his power. Hell, one guy was able to bypass it by literally holding his punches.

>Has cross-franchise compatibility
Da fuck does that mean?

Timeline

Power: Can merge alternate timelines together for temporary advantages

He sections off a part of reality and swaps it with another reality that would better help himself. He could, if he wanted, replace the Flash and stick him in some alternate world but in doing so he would need to bring that alternate world's equivalent of the flash into his. So instead, he uses his power more strategically. Like swapping out a building from his reality with one that was going to be demolished

Doesn't only work as a Flash villain. Like, you could have him fight Aquaman and he wouldn't be useless.

An earth bender with tophs powers
Basically he can make obstacles out of the ground to slow down flash and make him trip

>Barrier. Living rock guy, made of bricks. Main power is that he can assemble walls wherever the Flash is running to

Barry can vibrate through them. Wally can blow them up. Without a back up power, he would be useless.

Not him but i'd put Ruin as a Rogue simply because watching someone seize up and die under the weight of their own body seems too evil while Wrack would be a Boomer level dick.

Motion sickness
The villain with the power to make you incredibly dizzy
He was supposed to be the first astronaut in the Soviet Union but the goverment lied to him and tried to kill him during the speed test to make it seem like an accident, he instead ended up standing 1000 times more speed than a human should until his heart stopped but then started beating agsin he is now able to control others blood pressure

So Count Vertigo?

I have never read a single dc comic so maybe
How does count vertigo work?

Done.

I love this idea!

already done before.

This might be a little shonen-esque, but a nice addition to her ability would be the ability to temporarily instill a multiplier enhancement upon someone by coming in contact with them.
However given the nature of her powers, it does not enhance overall ability, but a singular action that the bestowed has choice to utilize the ability upon.

As it does not enhance one's physiology and only their action, it can potentially destroy their body if misused.

After a freak accident during a thunderstorm, Dr. Larry Zules gains the mysterious power to slow down time around him. Dissatisfied with his job as a veternarian, he takes up the supervillain mantle of Sloan, the world's first slowster.
technically not a speedster because he makes everything else slower, not make himself faster.

I cried

Actually they turned Golden Glidder (Captain Cold's sister) into this in Manapul's run, she badically has the ability of astral projection but her ghost form can make physical contact, kinda like judge Death from Dredd's dark judges.

Again as Said that is still basically Hunter Zolomon's powers with a bit of the Turtle mixed in.

He creates an effect that makes that anybody within a certain distance of him start feeling disoriented and dizzy he can even use this power on machines making guided missiles fail.

>tfw Mr. Sappy's powers wouldn't work on you

Imagine a Russian Captain Boomerang, right? Just some pissy drunk guy, except he uses bear traps instead.

Hundreds of em

Just tosses em around, cause that's what he does for fun

He really doesn't plan ahead when him and the Flash do battle, he just has probability on his side, because he's dropped bear traps and empty beer bottles literally everywhere.

To make a memorable, easily marketable villain, you need to make him somebody you can easily cram into a movie or crossover or whatever. He's supposed to be like the Joker in that way, minimal or easily glossed over backstory, and appeals to people just as much as the hero.

Here's my suggestion:
Dokmoar, the Evil Wizard
He is an evil wizard. He is relatively young, for a wizard, with large black mutton-chops and a goatee. Hair is long and wild. He wears an indigo and purple robe, and shiny blue pants and carries a magic wand that can turn into a rapier. Does not wear a hat.

Dokmoar has no real backstory aside from being from somewhere otherworldly because wizards aren't exactly common here on Earth. He is simply an evil wizard that does evil stuff for fun, much like the Joker. His idea of fun is knocking down bridges and starting forest fires. He doesn't care if people get killed, they aren't really people to him because this isn't his world anyway, he's form somewhere else.

Dokmoar's preferred weapon is fire, he is a bit of a pyromaniac. If Dokmoar is feeling really edgy he can set someone's soul on fire and burn away their soul. At his most destructive he can start a firestorm so large that it sucks the oxygen out of the air and kills the entire city, even the people who didn't get burned, the firestorm just took out all the oxyugen and they suffocate in the street (actual firestorms can do this). He can also teleport himself and has other standard magical powers, but those don't involve burning things, so he probably wouldn't remember he can do it until it's too late.

Can she shoot spectral beams? Can she posses people? Don't think so. My character is better. Fuck you.

Rewind
>Able to create and control time loops, including how long before they loop. Can therefore trap the Flash in a one minute time loop, for example, rendering him unable to intervene in his crime spree.

Threshold
>Teleportation through portals of varying sizes and scopes. The ultimate thief and getaway man. Can create portals as far as his eye can see and send himself, people or objects anywhere in the world, as well as teleporting objects and people from other places into his close vicinity.

Rush
>A Speed Force user who can infuse things with massive amounts of speed, which destroys objects through sheer energy and friction. While all of the Flash's villains are able to somehow slow him down and match his speed, Rush can juice him so full of speed he can't control himself, can't properly use his powers, and can maybe even die from the strain his body is being put through.

Call him Dark Matter.

Helmet Man
A man in a more guarded football outfit with extra pads, all made out of hard alloys. White gloves with a green football helmet made of Titanium wearing a huge Dark Green cloak. He's black btw.

He's an Anti-hero that worked himself to the point where he's too strong for sports. Everything is just too weak and too slow. He looks on the news about guys like Batman, Green Arrow, and Deathstroke, gets influenced by crime fighting so he made his costume after his college uniform, armed with his strength and 45 metal bats he beats the shit outta everyone who tries to try him and he's looking for a challenge. That's how he came to meet flash.

Hope this isn't that stupid.

Instead of being a traditional speedster, he can control speed and time around him to the point of making it stand still.

His name? Captain Slow.

>"If knowledge is power, then you're in a lot of trouble."

>Not "Knowledge is power. And I, know a lot."

Although I feel like I'm remembering that from somewhere else.

The Great Equalizer

His actual superpower is just being able to comprehend math on a level like no other, alongside being able to see shit moving faster than the brain can even understand. Using these two assets, he sets up entire situations calculated on the fly to make Flash slow down, slam into shit, go flying off into space, all sorts of things. His main reason for villainy is more of a sociopathic "I'm smarter than you, why shouldn't I take advantage of you?" thing. Plenty of room for crossovers where he sets up batshit insane gambits against other superheroes to get what he wants.

So basically Clock King?

Yeah except he has no genuine superpower other than seeing shit that's too fast for normal people and being superhumanly good at math.

This includes being able to do shit like survive jumping off buildings.

And if he need a power level boost he goes from attaching wires to short range wire-less connections.

And for his final showdown he Hijacks a satellite that he then connects every device he passes by to that network, slowly building up speed until he's racing around the city mass-hacking every device he can get close to for more power.

Inertia's

Midnight Man
>The boogey man of Central City, the story goes that if a kid who's in his bed is still awake pass midnight, the midnight man will come out of the shadows and snatch the kid away. The Midnight Man is actually this shadow man who can turn into a shadow and travel on flat surfaces. He can also manipulate his shape and turn other objects and people into shadows, trapping them inside of flat surfaces. He kidnaps kids and traps them inside of walls as shadows and only the Midnight Man can pull them out.

The Confusionist
>A supervillain with the ability to paralyze anyone in a two miles radius who is currently is confused. For example he'll walk inside a bank wearing mix match clothes and will pull out a megaphone announcing he will still this bank with this sticker, everyone who is wondering what the fuck is going on is instantly paralyzed. His costume and his origin are always changing, think if Eric Andrea was a supervillain.

A guy who can put an idea in someone's head and make them think about it all day. They don't have to act on it, so if he got someone to think about robbing a bank they wouldn't do it, but something light like take a chocolate bar will probably tempt a lot of people. If he can find something personal and use it it's more effective, for example if he found out about Iris and threw the thought of her being tortured into Barry he might cause anxiety and anger more than if he used a random civilian.
"Who robbed the bank?"
"It was Meme, Barry!"

How about we stop inventing new shit. There hasn't been a decent Rogues story in a few years now.

sounds fun, he could also work as a green lantern villain

why do you hate fun user?

The Bear

It's a guy in a cartoon bear costume. Seems harmless, even kind of fucking pointless, really, until his power really lets out: He's always in the corner of everyone's vision. He can move and such around in it, but he's never fully seen but he's never out of sight. Any time you blink, he can move wherever the hell he wants, even through walls. You can't beat him by speeding up to him, you have to try and trick him into going into traps. However, so long as your eyes are closed, he can move wherever he wants, and go through anything. This includes just walking up to you, reaching into your chest, and plucking out your heart.

And unlike the angel statues and that one SCP, who are just stuck standing there, he can still move around and can actively try to MAKE you blink or shut your eyes. This includes flashing lights in your face, making loud noises to fuck with your head, all sorts of shit. Even making you sneeze.

No actual known origin or backstory, he just appears one day. His main goal just seems to be trying to scare every cape into quitting by reminding them that he can kill them if they ever try to keep their shit up.

There is already a guy named Inertia

Decibelle. She thinks she just has a weird sound controlling ability, one of the Rogue's rightly suspect's she's able to control vibrations.

Fine them call mine Inertiaman. Plus is he another speedster? Inertiaman is not a speedster. Also...if a made up villain happens to share similar themes or powers with someone else...is that really awful? Considering the premise of the thread, you can get to about 5-10 speedsters from the same characters house before that power set is stale.

The predictor

Has no special physical abilities, but whenever he decides to do something, he is instantly aware of whether or not it is possible and, if so, the objectively likeliest way to accomplish it and all of the consequences and potential consequences of this path of action.

All the flash has to do is pull back his punch at the last possible second and then Accel ends up punching himself.

Sticky Fudge.

He sticks to everything because of crazy friction atom force stuff. He's huge and fat and Flash would just run into him and couldn't even phase through because he couldn't rematerialize as his atoms would just collide with Sticky Fudge's.

I really like these characters, although we can change up the origin. I'll like to put my two cents, what if their power only works if the're in a certain radius with each other.

Why not black matter?

Because dark matter is the official scientific name for it.

But Black Matter would be pretty neat too, if a bit jive.

Scientists call it dark matter and not black matter.

> all of these better ideas than godspeed

i am really hoping some dc editor is reading this thread.

Always There
His power is that he's always there. He can't be moved or pushed in any way outside his own will. If you travel to the past, no matter how far back you you go, he's somehow there even though he was never actually there before he went there. People around him always remember him being at the place he is, even though if he only just got there. If you travel to the future, he's also still always there.

This is what he looks like.

Waid poisoned the Flash mythos with "everyone is a speedster" bullshit.

>Schrodinger
A Scientist from the 1950's. One day, He was dabbling in quantum relocation, and He had actually managed to create a alternate timeline. This other timeline seemed to last as long as he is not observed, and when he was observed he'd warp back to right before he entered the other timeline. Anything done in this other timeline would remain, except for himself, and thus he turns to a life of crime. Cue one of the Multiverse shattering events, Schrodinger was thrown out of the entire universe and forced to observe the multiverse from a layer above everyone else.

Now after what seems like a millennia, Schrodinger is seen by OG Wally during one of his new adventures in the New 52. Suddenly, he reappears in the main world, and vows to make everyone suffer like he has.

Is he always there for me when I need him the most?

You Just described Danny Phantom you hack.

>"Don't you understand, Barry? I am not a force that you can simply race by. Wherever you wish to go, you will come in second to me for I will have always arrived before the race even began. I am Always There. I don't want to fight you, it is you who seems to have some sort of grudge against me. Why? Does your ego really require you to be the fastest being alive, or can you look past your frail sense of self and understand that the existence of those who can best you in some way does not diminish your own worth?"

Fuck, this is a legit good villain for a silly one shot.

#1 Fan

A fangirl who started obsessing over The Flash after he rescued her from a particularly minor incident, her obsession started to consume her life and she lived for nothing else but to meet her idol. Eventually, her life consumed, a voice spoke into her head, saying that, given her life has been "consumed" by It, it was only fair that It would give her the ability to be with her idol.

She (It?) acquires the power called "Line-of-Sight". If she is able to acquire the line of sight of a particular object or thing she desires and obsesses over, either she is able to instantaneously transport herself near to the person, or transport the person near to herself in the process of a glomp. So long as she maintains a line of sight of the object or maintains contact, said object (or person) is unable to remove her.

With this, she ends up joining the Rogues if only to be near her one true love and hero. The crime matters not, only the Flash.

Guy who made them here. I like the suggestion that they work in close radius of each other, makes them stick together as a team.

I can see them maybe auditioning for the Rogues at some point, but their egos get in the way and/or they cause too much collateral to stick to the Rogues' code, and they end up getting denied membership.

waid is a lazy writer, half of his run was speed force wanking.

it's the character work makes his flash a classic, which is probably why he's working at archie now.

>Does your ego really require you to be the fastest being alive

Does Barry actually have an ego about being fast, though?

DIO

Honestly, compared to the bullshit that the Flash is able to do, DIO seems small time. Someone like Pucci with Made In Heaven or Kira with Bites the Dust may have a better standing against the Flash.

Being able to stop time is a good power against Flash

How about a guy with time manipulation powers or future vision.
Who uses his knowledge to rob people in mere seconds because he was able to foresee all the moments of distraction and weakness and use them as his opportunity.
IMAGINE: a guy who never has to worry about money cause he always knows what moment is the opportune to grab the dough when the banker isn't looking.
So bored of no challenge he decides to go to Central to pit his suture vision on seeing The Fastest Man Alive coming a mile away.

Basically I want a guy like Nick Cage in Next or hell The Centipede (cause that visual his ability had was fucking awesome)

Zoom already can timestop, he can even do it for far longer than Dio ever could, the entire final fight of the Blitz miniseries happens in the frozen time.

Maybe make him a guy who can travel through and manipulate shadows.
That way "No matter how far or how fast you run, Flash, I will always be able to shadow your every movement"

Shadowstep
Son of the Shade
Darkness manipulation (like making Green Lantern constructs level), Shadow travel, Shadow form.
On a new moon he has the ability to use a massive monstrous shadow form with his human form at the core.
He is sadistic and vindictive, not honorable like the Shade. Has daddy issues.
Is using a legacy cheating?

I like it

The Centipede would be a cool Flash Villain, but his story is pretty much over.

>Welcome to the real man's world

Have him antagonize a villain speedster in a one shot instead.

this sounds like something that would happen in a wally west book

Well, for now HE was the one that fucked Wally's life.
Pretty good for Kadabra

I thought Zooms stick was that he stole speedforce/ kinetic energy from others

When has a villains' story being over stopped them from having more?

I mean Two-Face has been killed off multiple times (most implied & at least one flat out) and his two-ass keeps coming back.

He may be Mieville's property though
What's his motivation if the Dial story is over? Simple money?

If you're a popular enough villain who is connected to an extremely popular protagonist, chances are, you'll be revived again or be doing something different.

Coinface is connected to Batman. It's no surprise to see him reappear.

The fuckster, with the power to fuck the flash

>Coinface
>mcfw

Commissioner Gordon, pls

The challenge
To see if seeing The Fastest Man Alive coming a mile away is enough for him to triumph over one of the biggest heroes of all time.

Just keep pushing him till he is popular.
It worked for INSERT MARVEL CHARACTER OF YOUR CHOOSING HERE

That’s pretty OP if used properly.
-can use to quickly heal wounds on partner
-If aging counts as an action, can make someone grow old instantly
-Can play Crysis at max settings on a toaster

Trial and Error

A pair of Twin Bank Robbers. If one touches something, the other can detonate that thing psychically. Due to their violent nature and psychic connection, if one is attacked the explosion detonates immediately and automatically on the attacker. The explosions can be detonated again and again after touch, but once something else is imbued with the charge the previously charged thing cannot be detonated. The explosion does not harm either of them. Flash can outrun the explosion, even one placed on him (by phasing it as it detonates and then moving), however it will still hurt him and knock him around. There's really no way to restrain or capture them because they can just blow it the fuck up.
They are goofy and silly, slightly bumbling, but psychopathic and ruthless.

You mean Danny Phantom?

Make them Anarcho-Syndicates hell bent on bringing down the system because of information overload, man.

BLOW IT ALL UP!!

I think I'd have them spew rhetoric about that, but really just love the money and violence.

Lol exactly what I though reading that

Maybe they absorb the powers of whoever is nearby, but only when they are nearby.

Maybe have them be the antagonist in a Rogues story, when after a major loss or betrayal to the character, the perimeters of their power skyrocket encapsulating all off Central City, leaving tech-based villains as the only ones who can stop powermad villain who holds the speedforce alongside the abilities of any metahuman rogues.

Non-Stop

A man whose atoms cannot be moved unless he wants them to be. This manifests in two different ways, whatever is trying to be moved by him being destroyed by nonstop just going right though it, or him being able to move whatever is exerting force on him. He can walk directly through walls or just knock them over.
He wears a big heavy suit of armor as a disguise, for an intimidation factor and because it carries machine guns and a rocket launcher, which gives him offensive power. He is a gang leader who is terrorizing the Twin Cities, stealing shit and creating metahumans.

It's literally subconscious he has it on while he sleeps. Everyone knows he could've blitzed touma in his fight or killed him from a distance in a variety of ways. The fact of the matter is if he and flash fought with no knowledge of each others abilities, flash would be screwed. You seem to forget that the man who beat him is the man who basically knew his powers inside and out

that is green lantern. the Muslim lantern (sam?) could easily take this approach to fighting the flash, especially with his love for cars.
it'd make a half decent crossover comic at least.

>A man whose atoms cannot be moved unless he wants them to be
There was a female speedforce user with this power in the arc that brought back Thawne to the New 52.

>makes hardlight projections
>at the speed of thought
>against The Flash

He'd need to already have his obstacle course created, or else he's just gonna get bopped in the head and taken to jail before anything ever happens.

>The Immovable Object
A normal human guy with a super suit he built after he got caught by Flash during a robbery. The suit can condense matter around it, making it impenetrable, immovable, and strong as fuck. The suit keeps him from being crushed by the density and can let him see and react just as fast as Flash
>Their villain speech is literally a jumble of words that sound vaguely political and philosophical
>Some people even follow their "beliefs" in hopes that Trial and Error will not go after them

Well I wouldn't make it Speedforce related. Did the powers work in the way I described? I didn't read Vendetti Flash after how trash his GL was.

I can barely remember his run from how forgettable it was. Sorry. Most of those unorthodox speedforce users were drained and killed by Thawne either way.

and then he kicks him in the dick

The spot is a bargain bin Mirror Master. This is a Bargain Bin Graviton.

>I think Mirror Master is a bit of dumbass when it comes to illusions.

He can and has literally created entire realities out of his illusions.

Ricky Reflect

Has the power to instantly and automatically reflect any kinetic energy that hits him in any direction he wants. Punch him in the face? His face doesn't move and neither of you feel anything, but suddenly that same punch sized force shoots out his body and knocks the wind out of you. Especially devastating if you go for something like the infinite mass punch. Looks like this. Suit is immaculate at all times.

The Shade is already that and also a million times more interesting.

I love how half of this thread is just stuff Flash already has, but worse and less creative.

yeah too bad writers are ignoring them

we need a rogues rebirth real bad. how can geoff allow this bullshit? rogues are his babies ffs

>"I think you understand now, don't you? It is not that you were too slow to avoid my foot, it is that my foot has always been at your dick, therefore you were always going to be kicked in the dick by my foot, there was no way around such an event."

If inventing villains is fun for you, Wonder Woman and Aquaman could use plenty.

Dio?

That does sound like fun actually. Why don't you make a thread for those?

That's TV Zoom. Comics Zoom simulates superspeed by slowing/stopping time.

He called himself The Fastest Man Alive for 30 years. He's got an ego for sure.

Too much pressure, you do it.

>He called himself The Fastest Man Alive for 30 years.

Barry and Jay were called Flash by others.
I think only Wally makes a big deal out of calling himself the fastest man alive. Other two are very humble.

A physics professor enamored with laws of physics and hates Flash. He hates both Flash and speed force for breaking the laws of physics and it drives him to a life of criminality. He has no powers, but makes weapons as the plot demands.

He'd be easy to dealwith once you know his gimmick.

Pretty much this.

Speedforce is literally one of the most broken powers, and to match up to it you'd either need speed on a similar level or reality warping powers (Either Time hax, Space hax, or fundamental force hax; Gravity, electro magnetism, or Strong Weak force control).

The rogues still fight him

I had to go to bed yesterday, but I looked it up and time does dilate around black holes. But you said inside black holes which confused me. Anything that goes inside a black hole is fucked. I don't think even the Flash could escape a black hole. That's gravity collapsing in on itself to form a singularity. The only things getting out of a black hole are Hawking Radiation and Joseph Cooper.

Single Hit Dude.
He can beat everyone in one hit.
He has really long hair and is super serious all the time and is accompanied by a goofy robot who attaches human parts to itself.

Doc Ock's origin from the movie...

>being so good at math that you can survive jumping off a building
Didn't really work out for this guy, huh?

What about a guy who is connected with all versions of himself through time and space? And he has an unlimited amount of selves to send agains the flash. Most would be physically normal, but somewhere through the multiverse he must have a comando self, a robot self, a kaiju self, A speedster self, etc. Plus since he's connected with past and present versions, he can always see what the flash is going to do to him in the future and change his course of action in the past, which would allow him to constantly shift the timeline and create new alternate selves in the process.

I was going to post my idea for a villain, but this thread has taught me that it's probably already been done.

Animator. Spellcaster. Sent by Merlin to the future so he'll be their headache. White long beard and mustache, purple robe, completely out of place with the modern era. Still wants to hoard everything. His schtick is animating inanimate objects. He'll animate chairs, turn iron bars to snakes, have cars try to eat people,Turn Flash's spare suit against him. Will establish a ring of items around him to keep the speedster at bay. Lots of collateral damage to quickly fix.They'll have an ideological conflict of magic vs science, and Flash will taunt him for being an old fart.

Literally Abra Kadabra.

Mirror Master, captain cold and abra kadabra. I'm pretty sure it was intentional

That's a joke on all of his non speedster villains they never use now user.

He should be able to manipulate the direction in which gravity pulls you. You can fall towards the sky and freeze to death in space, you can fall sideways around the world and hit enough objects to die mid-orbit.

guy who moves really slow he becomes a vacuum and sucks up speedforce. also t rexes cant see him

if they're forced to be together, then maybe they shouldn't really get along. Perhaps brotherly conflict tends to be their undoing, and one of the only ways anyone can get the upper hand on them

They are currently using Abra big time in Titans against Wally.

Barry on the other hand....

Jumpin Jack Flash?

A guy that generates not-my-problem fields would be cool, The Flash cant help but never noticing whatever he does or just ignoring him.

Barely

More like a playground Fight between elementary kids and a highschoolers

>I didn't read the Manabooch Flash

Oh it's one of those "I read vs threads so I know everything" faggots

This actually sounds awesome.

oh? so it's been done? never heard of this guy

For real, I'm desperate for that. As a Rogues fan I really want to enjoy DC again.

The Top already does this.

I never got this one. Sure it's a neat power but

>Flash sees him doing CRIMES
>goes to punch him, but shit man he's not gonna try to infinite mass punch a new guy
>gets hit by his own punch

>"well that's weird"
>figures out way around it pretty quickly

His name is Sai Tahma and he got powers from regular exercise and not using air conditioning and his super power is that he's immune to all physical damage and he can also win every fight with one punch.

I'm using this idea for my own webcomic I'm writing so don't steal it.

>Dian ann Dasher (dine an Dasher)
A super Villain who targets the most expensive restaurants then goes in full costume and orders the most expensive thing, and leaves before paying. She has never been caught, also been known to leave in the middle of a date.

Connect 4, has the ability to stick objects together or give objects properties of another object. That could stall the Flash

Accelerator literally can't be affected by (most) things unless he specifically allows it to. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details but he can actually alter the vector of anything's motion unless it's something that specifically negates Esper powers, which are pretty damn rare.

Accelerator can also use his power to understand the way that just about anything works and/or moves but feeling out the vectors of its movement. So he'd be an arc villain for the flash at the very least.

The Flash but Kenyan so he is faster

When this thread gets archive I'll do it

>foot has always been at your dick
lmao, also kinda lewd

Trap Master

master of traps, also a trap

This was more of a superman villain than a flash villain.
A dog like creature that is invented to fuck with the justice league.
It's brought to life with magic.
>Kryptonite Diet.
It's impervious to temperature so no throwing it into the sun.
It regenerates slowly.
Made by the enemies of the Super-Friends, but some sentience or program error made it fuck with superheroes instead of killing them. It follows flash around but it somehow always make him trip a la atomic banana peel.

A wizard who thinks the speedforce is actually a form of magic and he wants to capture the flash and use him as a sacrifice for a ritual to give him those abilities.

He actually uses backwards magic like zatanna.

A dude who can body-swap. He'll leave you in the body of the person he last swapped from. Later on, it's revealed that he doesn't have a/doesn't remember his original body.

Jumpin Jack Flash is gravity nullification in a range, not directional gravity manipulation on a target.

He's from part 6 of JoJo

How about a standard shape-shifter? This person can't really stand up to the flash in a one-on-one fight, but also sets things up so they don't need to. When they're eventually caught, things end pretty quickly.

C-Moon?

he's mostly indestructible, but he does have 3 weakness

his powers rely on his ability to compute what he's doing, he can't multitask if he's putting a high amount of focus into something else.

if he's attacked by something that doesn't follow his understanding of vectors it'll work against him until he can calculate for it.

and since his reflection reverses a vector, if you reverse your punch the moment it touches his barrier the punch will end up going towards him instead of away, which is how flash would beat him.

A New God who thinks that the speed force is part of the life equation and can be used to kill darkseid for good.

C-Moon would be closer to what user wanted but it's still an area effect and it's not actually gravity control, it just gives Pucci a negative mass equal to the earth's mass that affects up to 3 miles.
If Flash can run up a building, he can run up and punch C-Moon Pucci in the face with ease.

HE CAN PUNCH PUCCI WITH RELATIVE EASE
MAKES RUNNING FAST SEEM SUCH A BREEZE

A psychic who affects the senses and perceptions of those around them in a certain (lets say a mile) radius. At first it would seem like a reality warper, but it's actually just somebody fucking with your senses and perceptions, distorting what you think reality is.

Suddenly Flash finds himself in the arctic, or space, or falling into a volcano. Or that his skin is falling apart, or that he's seeing dead people. And it's not an illusion, it's literally what he's perceiving so its all real to him.

Provides for some difficult fights, and given some plot device for cross over potential, our villain could potentially expand their powers to affect entire cities, or even states/countries at a time.

A villain who can break the fourth wall, and knows that he needs to start trouble and make things interesting to keep the universe from collapsing.

Yes, I'm basing him on Danny Phantom because Flash doesn't have lots of paranormal villains.

If you wanted a Stand that could beat the Flash, Golden Experience Requiem could just set the amount of Speed Force that Flash has access to back to 0, nullifying all his powers.

But you need to react to Flash first.

Livewire teaming up with The Rogues when?

GER can work independently of the user and would be able to stop Flash just by focusing his attention on him.
GER has bullshit levels off the charts, the only way the Flash could win is if GER had no idea that the Flash even existed and Flash killed the stand user faster than instantaneously.

>"If knowledge is power, then a god am IIIIIIII"
ftfy

But the problem here is that GER isn't instantaneous. If Flash can and he should be able to move at FTL speed, that's enough to kill the stand user.

Thing is though. GER is infinite in speed. Flash can't do shit to him.

But it isn't. Just because it can move in erased time doesn't mean it has infinite speed. Or else we have to start acknowledging that Goku have infinite speed.

I really like this. But it's not quite complete. You need to somehow include a cat.

A guy who emits an aura that speeds everything up around him - people in his vicinity age and die in seconds. This disrupts Speed Force connections by causing Speedsters to burn out their powers.

Dickpunch

His hands are instilled with supernatural powers that make it so that any time his hand is balled into a fist, it will hit the crotch of his opponent. Even if he stuck his fist out in front of him and stood still, the Flash would be fated to run cock-first into him.

To elaborate on this, not only will his fist always connect regardless of circumstances, but it will always hurt his hand as much as a perfectly normal wang jab. His fist will phase through clothing, protective armor, barriers, etc if it is in the way of the target's junk. If the Flash were to go back in time or travel a large distance and Dickpunch threw a punch, it would temporarily phase away from his body in order to clock the Flash square in the groin and then reattach itself. Also, as long as he's making a fist, it will be the only thing that his opponent is able to come into contact with - and only their schlong could touch it.

Oh, and his motivation is that he likes punching people in the dick.

Ingenue

Ingenue leeches cognitive power from nearby sapient beings, making her always the smartest person in a room. her shtick is usually trying to kidnap geniuses or occasionally wizards? but if Flash uses his speed within range of her, she gets powered up by his Speed-Force-sped-up-thinking, becoming godly intelligent, with massive powers of prediction and strategizing, etc., making her difficult to defeat. also she's a qt and she really loves it when Flash is around bc of the hyper-smartening so she gets into qt-stalking him, which we all love

>5) Has a marketable design and character
Honestly, that's probably the hardest thing to do.

>Pucci takes speedforce away from Flash
>Entire arc is involved around stopping Pucci from achieving heaven
>End of arc ends with Pucci achieving heaven and nearly winning if not for his own mistake of giving Flash speedforce again

A villain that uses cartoon physics to counter Speedforce.