Shouldn't Batman run for president if he wants to do the most good?

Shouldn't Batman run for president if he wants to do the most good?

Other urls found in this thread:

sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file
cnbc.com/2016/06/15/as-sanders-campaign-wraps-up-down-ballot-candidates-reap-big-bern-rewards.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>implying the President has the ability to do the most good
Even the best President's efforts can be stopped by an uncooperative Congress and Supreme Court.

President is constantly tied down by Congress and regulations. The whole reason Barman was made so he wouldn't have to go through all the red tape of politics.

He needs this swear loyalty to Israel first.

He is.

Do you know how much power he'd have to give up to be President?

Kek

Now there a debate I'd like to see, fuck China causing Global Warming.
>"Mr Wayne why have you adopted so many similar looking young boys who have died suspiciously?"

So Batgod can outsmart criminal masterminds and evil overlords but gets stumped by politicians?

His current position kind of already explains why.

Bruce Wayne is a public figure. he's rich and his actions have accountable to other people. be it clients or his community. It would be moreso as President.
The public figure has his whole life and loved ones public as well. (so danger). He can't play with the system too much either, and if he faces bad people and situations and tries to weasel his way out, he's going to become just as bad. using his money and power to become as bad as the monsters he's trying to stop.

Batman keeps him away from that. It's the unbreakable, uncorruptible persona of a symbol that does not bend it's values.

While the president HAS to have a discussion with other members of the government to get anythign done 'and face refusal or having to bargain and compromise), Batman can just do it.

This is actually part of one of my ideas. Superman leaves the universe after fixing nearly everything. He studies every single political philosophy, ethics, and metaphysics and makes his own system using his super-brain. He gives the original copy to Batman for safekeeping to make sure nobody tampers with it and distributes copies around the world. Jimmy Olsen uses this to become president and make Superman's plans a reality, leading to 1000 years of prosperity.

>Jimmy Olsen uses this to become president and make Superman's plans a reality, leading to 1000 years of prosperity.

The president is not the king of america.

He was president in an elseworld where the Nazis won WW2.

I never adopted any young boys, next question.

Superman's approval leads to all his plans being enabled by Congress with Jimmy leading as the spearhead. This was an extremely abridged version and would be more fleshed out in the actual story. It's a lot more complex than I made it out to be.

>The president is not the king of america.
I beg to differ

I wish. We should have made him King.

This is how I knew Bernie was an idiot. Sure, you want sweeping social reforms, but don't pretend like the presidency is the way to get them.

>This is how I knew Bernie was an idiot.
All you had to do was look at his policy lmao

sanders.senate.gov/download/collegeforallsummary/?inline=file

Yeah man tax money ain't for school. It's for buying planes no one will ever use.

His plan is a joke, just like his supporters. 33% of it would be paid for by the states, meaning from middle and lower income families. You can't make the middle class stronger by taxing them more. He also assumes that the price will stay at $70 billion a year. This is extremely myopic, if you make the price of a service or good "free" the demand will skyrocket. You will have to pay for more staff, infrastructure, and buildings to accommodate for the increase in demand. Not to mention the robinhood tax he proposed to pay for this nonsense. It was tried in Sweden and utterly failed, causing massive amounts of capital flight and produced nowhere near the expected revenue.

Marvel already did that.

>Sure, you want sweeping social reforms

He said from the very beginning that his reforms weren't feasible if his revolution didn't extend to down ballot voting and forcing out centrists, blue dogs, and republicans. Of which post election, he's been far more effective at sending money and support towards this than either Clinton or Trump, the former of whom has pretty much let Republicans off the hook for Trump by championing their endorsements, effectively granting them clemency from Trump when they go up for re-election.

. cnbc.com/2016/06/15/as-sanders-campaign-wraps-up-down-ballot-candidates-reap-big-bern-rewards.htm

But hey, don't let actual information stand in the way of your retarded kneejerk opinions.

The REAL question is, since the Joker usually adapts with every generation in order to remain the embodiment of America's worst fears, why hasn't HE ran for President?

I'm surprised there hasn't been a "Senator Wayne" storyline, but that would take Bruce away from his precious Gotham.

Because Lex would kick his ass

Because criminals can't run for presi.... never mind. Maybe one of the three jokers will do it.

>one Joker for each of the two major parties

>"That's it, I'm voting third party!"
>Third Joker running as the highest voted third party

They can't lose!

>boohoo presidency is useless
>if trump wins we'll gas the kikes and niggers and make america great again
???????

The President can't normally beat the crap out of politicians.

Tell that to Andrew Jackson and Abe Lincoln.

>presidency is useless
The president has massive influence in some areas and virtually none in others.

The power of execurive orders has grown to a ludicrous degree that infringes on congress as a check to executive power. Call it a military action and the pres can unilaterally declare war.

This next president will also surely get to nominate a judge to the supreme court, so campaign promises regarding supreme court rulings like roe v wade are valid

The president can also establish and use political leverage to fund or defund letter agencies, which operate with very little oversight.

In short: a moral president has to fight tooth and nail for progress. An immoral president can destroy us easily.

>While in office, [Canadian Prime Minister] Pearson declined U.S. requests to send Canadian combat troops into the Vietnam War. Pearson spoke at Temple University in Philadelphia on 2 April 1965, while visiting the United States and voiced his support for a pause in the American bombing of North Vietnam, so that a diplomatic solution to the crisis may unfold. To President Lyndon B. Johnson, this criticism of American foreign policy on American soil was an intolerable sin. Before Pearson had finished his speech, he was summoned to Camp David, Maryland, to meet with Johnson the next day. Johnson, who was notorious for his personal touch in politics, reportedly grabbed Pearson by the lapels and shouted, "Don't you come into my living room and piss on my rug."

Fun fact: LBJ used to whip his dick out to intimidate other politicians.

I'm not sure you understand the basic concept of progressive taxation

Where exactly is the capital going to fly to? We're the strongest economy in the world, people are fighting just to invest here.

The hammers of justice don't need checks and balances.

Bruce Wayne was born in Singapore

man I'd vote for Batman.

have you ever noticed how Batman villains always have a history similar to Bruce Wayne but end up twisted and evil instead?

Intimidation was his favorite tactic. He was 6'4 and would poke people in the chest and yell at them until they gave in, happened to my history teacher. Think it was called the Johnson Treatment, but I could be wrong.

>Joker is elected president
>he makes rational decisions and choices

>would poke people in the chest and yell at them until they gave in

Imagine if this happened today. What would happen if Obama poked Kim Jung-un and yelled at him until he stopped being a cunt?

Then people might develop the slightest bit of actual respect for Obama.

>congress won't abide any decline in military action
>sign executive order pulling all troops out of afghanistan
MOM'S GONNA FREAK

Why should I pay for stupid commie shits to get degrees in Gender Ethnic Sensitivity?

>Joker deletes the federal income tax and the federal reserve
>HAHAHAHA WE'LL NEVER RECOVER
>economic prosperity for years
>Jared Leto after finding out his scenes were cut.gif

A variety of reasons, the most compelling one being that the current system is choking the economy. People going 50k in unforgivable debt before entering a bad job market impacts every major market, most of all housing and vehicles. In order to counter those impacts banks rely on sub-prime loans and we all know how that shit turns out.

You might as well be asking why you have to pay to keep up a road you don't drive on. It still effects you enormously.

regarding increasing costs as a result of free education, you've actually got things backwards.

Right now anyone can get an education loan because they are guaranteed by the government, it is literally impossible to default or be forgiven no matter what happens. This combined with a culture and job market that requires degrees even if they aren't skill-related has led to everyone going to college on loans of irrelevant size. Colleges responded to this with administrative bloat and increased costs because everyone's paying with a blank check that they're too young to realize they'll be paying back the rest of their lives.

Essentially you've got a situation where people have unlimited capital to pay for education, they need education, but they have no ability to collectively bargain for fair prices.

If, however, the capital for that education were coming directly from the government, there WOULD be people in a position to negotiate to a fair cost of education.

Publicly funded higher education would reduce costs, not increase them.

>Colleges responded to this with administrative bloat and increased costs because everyone's paying with a blank check that they're too young to realize they'll be paying back the rest of their lives.
The biggest culprit is the decline in funding for state universities. The states have for ideological and fiscal reasons cut funding relying on grants, gifts, and out of state students to make up the difference.

Basically we've gone from "kicking the bill down the road" to "kicking the responsibility down the road". I hate to be that guy who rails against Baby Boomers, but their turn at the wheel has been as disastrous as every other thing they've done.

Thankfully Millennials won't get the chance to fuck up harder than Boomers, we'll be too busy dealing with the consequences of their ecological and economic policies to institute any of our own.

>why should I have to pay for my neighbor's education?
>why should I have to pay for my neighbor's health care
I love these questions, because the answer is so simple:

You already do.

You pay in increased insurance premiums and sky-high hospital costs and deductibles

You pay in declining property values and the exporting of white-collar labor

Anyone who asks that tired bullshit question needs to take civics 101.

This is a top tier plan though since the big guys in charge will be okay with an idiot president who won't challenge status quo. Then Bruce pulls the "I was only pretending to be retarded!" ploy and fixes everything.

No, Fox News would be crying about Obama being unfair to Koreans and they roll out some sort of lame Koreans are a model minority argument

Yeah, and then Pearson didn't retract his statement or alter his position, with Canada continuing to stay out of the war for its entirety.

So sometimes it just makes you look like an immature dickhead.

until they pass a bill for the joker raping initiative

>and fixes anything

A retarded congress will retard the efforts of even the most brilliant president.

Except for Bruce Wayne. Suspension of disbelief buddy. Maybe he knows a hypnosis martial art that allows him to get people to agree with him by touching them in certain spots.

If a president is universally popular and congress does everything to impede him, that's a quick path to not being releected.

The same thing happens when congress is highly in favor and constantly helps a very unpopular president. It's how we suddenly got a democratic majority after an election under Bush.

Batman is an idea, not a person.
Plus I don't know how likely it is a man in a mask can apply for president without revealing who he is.

>If a president is universally popular and congress does everything to impede him, that's a quick path to not being releected.

Are you referring to congress not being re-elected? I ask because this is very much what's happened in the Obama administration and he still got a second term.

Because even with all their kicking and screaming, shit still gets passed.

>unironically using the Fox News meme

Let me guess, your next move is going to be telling me that it's the current year.

But it's the current year!--Nani??!

Because of there's one thing the federal government is known for, it's thrifty and useful spending, not pissing away trillions to accomplish nothing.

>unironically using the current year meme

Let me guess, your next move is going to be calling me a numale cuck.

What is being offered to pay for this plan is not a progressive income tax, it's a transaction tax. If you were referring to what I said about the states, the states do not have access to large amounts of rich people. The states would have to get their money through higher sales taxes or cutting back.

Where they can get away. The US still faces capital flight, Trump is not entirely wrong when he says businesses would rather leave the US because they can't turn a profit.

You wouldn't have lower costs at all. Even if you ignored a demand surge you would still have an increase in cost. Schools will just increase their tuition because students aren't paying for it, the government is and is obligated to. We see the same thing with publicly funded healthcare, the costs become astronomically higher. Let's not pretend it wasn't the government in the first place who caused college prices to become so high in the first place.

Batman and Superman were surprisingly progressive in the 50's and 60's as far as what being an American entails.

>Schools will just increase their tuition because students aren't paying for it, the government is and is obligated to
Except schools are already doing this in response to government-ensured loans. The difference is that with a single-payer there is room for negotiations.

As for a demand surge, that too has ALREADY occurred due to the state of student loans and the job market's demand for even unrelated degrees.

>we see the same thing with publicly funded healthcare
What are you talking about? Health care prices are so high specifically because they aren't government-funded. The uninsured can't and shouldn't be refused treatment and the money to pay for them has to come from somewhere. If it's not in your taxes it's in your hospital bill.

As for capital flight, the United States is far too large an economic driver for that to happen. Businesses can't just say "eh, fuck the 300 million customers in the US I don't want to pay a fraction of my profits in taxes."

>Except schools are already doing this in response to government-ensured loans.
Which is why the government should stop meddling in education altogether. What about the people in private colleges, their costs will go up because they will have a harder time competing with "free" public colleges.

>The difference is that with a single-payer there is room for negotiations.
The government is not capable of spending money intelligently and efficiently like a capitalist can. They do not have a profit motive, or care about doing a good job. Just look at any government contract, they waste millions of dollars giving money to shitty construction companies to fix roads and nothing is accomplished. You won't get efficient negotiations.

>As for a demand surge, that too has ALREADY occurred due to the state of student loans and the job market's demand for even unrelated degrees.
So your solution is to increase demand even further? Get the government out entirely.

>What are you talking about? Health care prices are so high specifically because they aren't government-funded. The uninsured can't and shouldn't be refused treatment and the money to pay for them has to come from somewhere. If it's not in your taxes it's in your hospital bill.

>What are you talking about? Health care prices are so high specifically because they aren't government-funded. The uninsured can't and shouldn't be refused treatment and the money to pay for them has to come from somewhere. If it's not in your taxes it's in your hospital bill.
Pic related.

>As for capital flight, the United States is far too large an economic driver for that to happen. Businesses can't just say "eh, fuck the 300 million customers in the US I don't want to pay a fraction of my profits in taxes."
We just had Burger King move its headquarters to Canada like a year ago. That's less we get in taxes.

>The government is not capable of spending money intelligently and efficiently like a capitalist can
>image posted relates how lobbied regulations and lack of direct funding for healthcare has allowed insurers and hospitals to inflate costs
Stop drinking the libertarian kool-aid

neoliberalism was a mistake

>image posted relates how lobbied regulations and lack of direct funding for healthcare has allowed insurers and hospitals to inflate costs
>Medicaid and Medicare
>Not direct funding
Lobbying is the result of the growth of government. If the government did not have its ever expanding power over the private sector there would be nothing to lobby for. Your special and unique form of government intervention will not be any better than the current system. Single payer healthcare has been beta-tested in Canada and the UK and is inferior to even our current corporatist system.

>Stop drinking the libertarian kool-aid
Not a libertarian but ok.