Favorite black superhero

So who is your favorite melanin enriched superhero? I think static is honestly the best written, and one of the few black heros who are not just white guys painted black.

Other urls found in this thread:

ozandends.blogspot.com/2011/03/dwayne-mcduffie-static-and-clarence.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also one of the few black superheroes whose name doesn't contain "black".

This is sadly true. Or super villians like black manta.

Static
Duke Fuckin read I am robin and robin war
Luke
Sam is pretty cool

John stewart is cool as well. I really dislike cyborg, so i am pissed they are pushing him everywhere now.

No love for miles?

Miles is so fucking hot in that tight outfit.

John Stewart has always been my Green Lantern, probably because I grew up with the DCAU.

Static and Storm are my favorites.

I'll start liking Miles more when he's regularly written by someone else.

Same actually. I watched justice league before i got into comics, so i always associated gl with john instead of hal.

I hate all of them. All exist to push a diversity agenda.

>black people exist
>AGENDAAAA

I really dig Mr. Terrific but I think he hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Speaking if storm, does anyone unironically like black panther? I genuinely dont believe i have ever met a fan of his irl.

Sam Wilson and Monica Rambeau.
Static's pretty good too.

He's aight just... eh

>half black

Monica Rambeau during Nextwave.

Vixen has a cool cartoon series out right now.

So is obama, but he is considered the first black president.

A bit obscure, but I liked Coldcast in Justice League Elite.

Blade, but only when played by Wesley Snipes and nobody fucking else.

Static & Steel

He is such a cutie. I bet he is a power bottom.

You mean Blade when he is being played by Blade, cracka.

You know Static is pretty cool. They should bring him back with a prominent black writer.

Punk Storm is best girl.

No-one else matters

Storm and this isnt waifuism talking

She was cool.

Static Shock and Cyborg, loved them since I was a kid.

Black Panther is neat though.

I unironically like him, but he's written like shit 99/100 times. Chris Priest BP is what got me into him, and its been very hard to find anything wortha damn since then

I unironically liked the Static Shock series.
Yes, even the fucking starbursts clothes he wore

They should've kept the only Cyborg people know and care about

Isn't that the Turbographix-16 guy?

I like him.

BP is Marvel's Batman with Batgod-tier plot armor. Has beaten many Avengers, put Silver Surfer in an arm lock and solo'd the entire Fantastic 4 through preptime. One of the wealthiest and most intelligent characters in MCU. Was supposed to be a part of the Illuminati with the rest of the Marvel big shots, but refused because he foresaw it would lead to Civil War.

Hispanic isn't a race. Besides, isn't his mom Dominican? They're already halfway to being black.

Always been partial to Steel myself
>get saved by Superman
>Superman dies
>makes himself a super suit and grabs a sledge hammer
>decides to carry on Supermans legacy

Blue Marvel, specially when written by Ewing.

Also, Steel.

Looking at his book's sales he has a lot

It was a great show, why would you need to like it ironically? Sure it's so early 2000s it hurts, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Although the episodes with celebrity cameos were bad.

Black panther

Been a fan for a long ass time

>Browsing forever ago
>Brown shota Miles getting molested by hulking Venom
>Only 34 of Miles I've ever seen
>Never seen it since

These perfectly platonic feelings have never been felt again.

Hell yeah.

I actually do like Luke Cage, and legit enjoyed him on the Avengers. Not sure about him on the Thunderbolts though.

John Stewart for sure.
Grew up with the Justice League cartoon, so he was the first Green Lantern I knew of, and is still my favorite.

Also Black Panther is pretty damn cool in the MCU.

And what, no love for War Machine? Anybody?

War Machine is my second favorite after BP

Huh, just started reading Empowered and it just never clicked due to the black and white art.

Glad he's back, now I'm just waiting for someone to regularly use him in something

The show was awesome. One of the better superhero cartoon series. On par with batman beyond at some points.

Only faggots hated it tho

Long as he's not being written by Bendis

Do Power Rangers count as super heroes?

I agree. Steel is awesome. Hope he makes an appearance in the DCEU in some way.

Well, the original Japanese title is "Super" Sentai, so...

You really think they'd even try, after the last time?

Puerto Rican

Please don't get it twisted that I posted a Cop ranger at an attenpt to troll a thread of superheroes.

Snyder's the kind of guy who goes against the grain. I think he'd be crazy enough to do it.

Bishop has always been one of my favorites since TAS.

Few?
That is just wrong mate.

do black people even read comics?
Ive only seen one black dude in a comic shop once. The rest of the "fans" only watched Civil War for Black Panther

There's a few of us.

Most read manga though.

i like Cloak

Depends on where you live.

I see black dudes all the time at comic shops

Frank Castle.

Close enough. Miles is honestly about as black as Obama's kids to be honest.

What said.

This so hard. It doesn't hurt that death and return and reign of the superman is my favorite superman stories, probably my favorite non-animated DC anything.

I even like how he has "black theming" that fucking makes sense. he's patterned after john henry irons. But unlike that pro-human-labor anti-mechanization lesson that.. really shouldn't be an afro folk hero given that mechanization is literally what ended slavery.. this guy is a hero.. a real american. a genius engineer and a profitable but ethical businessman who gives back to his shitty low-income community but doesn't speak their patois.

er, patterned after john henry. his name is john henry irons.

Some dumb recent writing aside (as well as periods of dumb writing in the past), Panther has always been my favorite Avenger. He does work best as a supporting character in my opinion though.

His entire personality is that he isn't Peter Parker.

Mine's either Prowler or Static. I have a soft spot for Soawn since I used to read him like crazy when I was younger. Animated Cyborg was easily the best character of the series, and his episode against Atlas is still my personal favorite.

is also a correct answer.

Every black guy I know reads comics. For some reason they always love DC and Dragonball.

Icon but Static is a close second.
No he's kind of boring but I did like the issues of Spiderverse that was him hanging with cartoon Spider-Man
I do and my dad did but he doesn't anymore. I don't know many white people who read comics though.

Probably Spawn. He never used black cliches to cash in it.

Miles is fine enough if he isn't under Bendis.

Then again anyone is good enough if there not under Bendis.

Black Panther. I loved the Jungle Action run, Peter Gillis's work, Priest, Aaron's arc and Liss's short run

>He does work best as a supporting character in my opinion though.
Why. I honestly never enjoyed him in team books.

I think I only ever enjoyed him on the Avengers was when Geoff Johns was writing the book and Hickman's New Avengers

I'm the go to comic guy for my normie friends whenever the next big movie comes.

God I hope Feige make a R-Rated Nextwave movie after seeing the Deadpool movie's massive success.

The one and only, Black Lightning.

One-drop rule.

two of the dudes that work at my lcs are black

plus me as a customer

Really? I would say more watch anime but don't actually read Manga at least from my experience

Icon is Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas' favorite superhero and he owns all the comics.

He had his aides lift quotes from the book that he could use in his speeches.

Dwayne McDuffie (who was very liberal) got a bad case of writer's block once he found out because he was afraid he would become the voice of a black neo-con movement.

ozandends.blogspot.com/2011/03/dwayne-mcduffie-static-and-clarence.html

Is Icon's series worth a read? I just read the synopsis and it sounds awesome.

Too easy

I always thought Teen Titans cyborg looked like Fred perry in body armor.

Icon is also literally not black. not even human. just got raised by black humans so he patterned on them. he has no personality. he's literally "they wanted a black character to fit the quota": the hero. that's why he's so fucking awesome
also mcduffie's corpse can fucking sit on my dick and spin

My best friend reads a lot of comics, but he stays away from cape stuff for the most part. Although he did randomly binge read all of my All New Ghost Rider.

Pheonix Jones

>Superman's not even like they just wanted a white character he's actually an alien

Replace that "like" with "white" and the sentence makes sense

Not sure if they retconned it, but kryptonians had white and black people. Black kryptonians were kept on reservations.

Yeah, it's pretty great but I'm more fond of Blood Syndicate to be honest.

My man

... How can you tell?