So, the evil plans of TWO Netflix Marvel big bads were just gentrification?

So, the evil plans of TWO Netflix Marvel big bads were just gentrification?

There isn't much place to go with street level human bad guys.

drug dealing. human trafficing. car jacking. making "The nutshack"

Spoilers, asshole.

HOL UP, SO YOU BE SAYIN

...we some kinda Suicide Squad?

Gun running and embezzlement isn't gentrification

Don't you know, user? Rising property values are bad.

>big bad

That was the whole point of kingpins plan. Get rid of the undesireables

These niggas ain't dr.doom, they see shit street level that's the big picture.
But you knew that already.

Shares a universe with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

WOOOOO SUBTLE
B R A V O SNYDER

Yeah but Cottonmouth just wanted money and respect. At best he played lip service to the community and his cousin was funding anti gentrification measures

>Harlem
>poster of Brooklyn rapper
Should have been a Killa Cam poster desu.

Dd season 1 was actively based on what happened to irl hell kitchen in the 80s.

They even have the hand subbing in for the japanese companies that bought up all the land

What a fucking weird choice in casting.

Nah, need someone dead. Big L

They all already do that stuff. This is usually a means to an end.

Don't think Cottonmouth really had an "evil plan" and if he did it wasn't gentrification. He just wanted control over Harlem.

How dare those bastards try to make the ghetto a livable place!

Gentrification is kind of a big deal in NYC.

I actually don't mind the recent uptick in crime and bombings. MAYBE THE RENT WILL GO DOWN.

Why did they call him cottonmouth?

I recently bought up five houses for $20,000 each because a big development firm bought up all the commercial lots nearby and I think the area in question is about to take off. I intend to work on them and either rent them to hipsters or sell them at a substantially higher price. Is Luke Cage going to come beat me up for that? Did I live long enough to see myself become the villain?

On an unrelated note could Luke Cage defeat meteorman?

Because he was a dirty fucking snake.

He is pretty based though. I hated him when he first showed up, but the way he continually prodded Mariah and Corrnell was amazing

No, he's really good. It's just that in the comics he's a black guy and in the show he's fucking Pitbull.

Reeee financially well off people keep it to yourselves

>They gave Shades a real name

Unforgivable.

Hey fuck you I put my life savings into those houses, I've already had to tell vagrants to piss off at gunpoint, I think I have EARNED a little financial success, and if Luke Cage or Black Lies Matter shows up they're getting a .45 straight up their ass.

Gentrification in NY for $$$ has been the evil plans of villains in movies, tv shows, and comics for DECADES. Let alone real life.

It's not implausible for two Marvel street level villains (both of whom live and operate in NY).

Did you hire thugs to beat up the old tenants and force them to sell to you?

No?

Then probably not.

What's the kisscartoons of liveaction?
I don't want to wait till next week to finish watching

I haven't finished Luke Cage yet but how is his plan gentrification?
His cousin is building project housing which is basically the opposite of gentrification also he's a gunrunning, protection racketeering, murdering gangster.

couchtuner

Say I hypothetically threatened some homeless people to get the fuck out, would that qualify? They weren't the owners, the owners got good money.

It might.

Assuming they scraped together some cash and paid him.

You'd definitely be on the potential justice list of, say, D-Man, though.

Those bums never paid the owner shit, the owner was a trust fund baby who inherited it and either didn't know about the homeless problem or was too much of a pussy to get them out. Either way he never told me about them.

Hypothetically of course.

It's not the rising property values. It's the side effect that middle/low people who have been living and working there for years, decades, even generations suddenly can't afford to stay anymore and have to either move to shittier places or end up homeless.

Mortgages are shitty deals, the only reason people agree to them is because renting is an even worse deal. If you aren't working a temporary/seasonal job and you're renting you're being ripped off.

Wow eres tan macho user

I thought roleplaying was a thing just on /x/.
Seems like the retards are spreading.

Netflix isn't very creative.

best villain ever i bet he'd vote for drumff

He had one in the books too

Sucks that we didn't see Comanche that much and them as a duo. Instead of a marksman with bows and arrows, Comanche could've been reinvented as a expert with guns and Shades's shooter