Is "The Batman" the worst Batman cartoon? Fuck its horrible spins on iconic villains

Is "The Batman" the worst Batman cartoon? Fuck its horrible spins on iconic villains.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bOtJ4cOBcE
youtube.com/watch?v=2l8PfHTMiGc
youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
youtube.com/watch?v=dGTpdS9LX6c
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I liked it, desu

Yeah, it's baboon Joker is shit too.

No, you just have shit taste

Mr. Freeze was closer to his original origin than the one on BTAS.

BTAS Freeze, while good, can't really function as a recurring villain now can he?

And yet, he did.

And it was shit

The only arguments I've ever seen for why The Batman is bad can be summed up in "not muh"
If you want the same exact characters as The Animated Series go watch that. The redesigns were mostly god tier and yes that includes the Joker who had great voice acting even compared to Hamill. God forbid a show tries to be unique in any way shape or form

And it was still continuously retarded.

>Victor it really sucks what happened to you and I sympathize with your plight. Once you complete your time in Arkham let me help you
>Nah it's all good. I'll just keep robbing banks because the world is cruel and uncaring and no one understands me and why I do what I do.

It's all a matter of personal taste.

Most of the characters get phenomenal redesigns (IMO) and re-imaginings. The show had my absolute favorite version of Joker and Freeze - at least in terms of design.

Like said, the characters mostly have a return to their roots, even if it did damage their characterization (for some of them).

Plus the animation is smooth, the voice acting was generally on point, the plot points were engaging.

And most important of all, it all of these characteristics gave the show it's own unique identity, much like how B:TAS, TNBA, BatB and the other shows developed their own identities.

Pic Fucking Related I fucking love Freeze's design in this holy shit.

>there are people that dont think this is the best adaptation of the penguin ever
>there are people that dont read the Penguin's voice as this ones

No, it's great. Better than Beware the Batman.

Wasn't Bruce's token black friend clayface in that?

Only good part of those designs were DFC Harley, ivy and Babs

I quite liked monkey kung-fu Joker.

It's like they said "fuck it, we can't replicate what made Batman The Animated Series worked so lets do something different. Make it more action packed or something"

No he really didn't. He was only in one proper episode after Heart of Ice, Sub Zero was the ending point for his character, New Adventures brought him back and made him into that evil talking cyborg head Tim Curry played in The Mask cartoon for no good reason, and Batman Beyond brought him back just to kill him off again. He was never a recurring villain, all his stories were basically done in one and his character arc was over in the first fucking episode he starred in. The last part of Heart of Ice when he holds that snowglobe and his tears freeze on his face, that's it. That's the only story you can do with Dini's Freeze. And it's a fucking brilliant one, but any attempt to revisit it or bring him back only diminishes that story.

I'm not a fan of The Batman's version but he did work on the level of a one-dimensional thug who can be used for more than one story. And bear in mind that's what Freeze was for a good thirty years before BTAS. He's a c-list Captain Cold knock-off, and outside of one fantastic reinterpretation that's been driven into the fucking ground by people with more nostalgia than common sense, that's all he ever will be.

And Arnold Schwarzenegger's greatest ever screen performance of course, but I think that goes without saying.

The dialogue was dreadful. Absolute garbage. Ruined a fair few episodes which had a decent plot, and its what always stopped me from getting into the show. I tried again in the Justice League season they did and it was still godawful, all the great actors and great performances they did get for the show couldn't save that awful awful writing.

What about its take on Clayface?

Making him a cop and former ally, out for revenge but not beyond redemption.

My nigga.

>but not beyond redemption.
But he was
I liked that he fought against it but in the end he gave up his former life and became clayface. It was done very well even if it was kind of a remash of the killing joke.
I like that Clayface found some redemption in Rebirth though even if its a completely different character.

>The only arguments I've ever seen for why The Batman is bad can be summed up in "not muh"

There's a lot of legitimate complaints about this show, you just choose to ignore them.

The dialogue and plots, particularly early on, were childish and amateur. The show introduced a lot of interesting characters, yet it kept shoving its mediocre takes on Joker and Penguin down everyone's throats.

Also, if anything, my biggest problem is that it wasn't distinct enough from most Batman stuff. Most of them were just the same characters, but now with knowledge of kung-fu and edgy redesigns. It didn't shake up stuff enough like Beware did.

At the very least, it made better use of Hugo Strange than the Arkham games did.

Season four is the only good season.

Nope its great

Screw off "Nuh muh" shithead

Your precious Mr. Freeze from BTAS is a huge 'spin' but you love that huh? But when they try it again you complain that its not like the first spin. How dare you!

But he did eventually get redeemed

Eh, it's alright. There were some solid episodes here and there. Some of the villains were good, some were pretty bad. All in all it was just ok.

Also, I wish DAVE would translate to comics. He was a surprisingly awesome villain.

Better than DCCU and he has better jokes.

>spins on iconic villains
>makes the villains closest to their originals in character and longevity

Either read comics or don't. Just don't make comparisons that make you look retarded, OP.

Could've made for a good henchman for a more Hamill joker.

>the batman joker isn't one of the 3 running around
Why live?

Emo Riddler was really good.

That episode where him and bats were locked in a sinking shipping container was really good.

also, Strange New World was probably the best episode ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bOtJ4cOBcE

just fucking look at that setup

I'm proud to be among those people

why does the penguin know kung fu?

>bright red weird bane
>gray lumpey black friend clayface
>talk show host harley
>baboon caribbean joker

So are you a dumb or is this bait?

I love The Batman but will forever hate them for what they did to Ellen Yin.

TAS/TNBA > BatB > Beyond > The Batman > Beware

I never saw any of the really old stuff.

I like the notion of representing joker using entirely different themes.
BTA: half insane half a professional criminal
TBM: Inmate
BBB: cartoon villain
TDK: hollywood sociopath
SS: hollywood psychopath

>Strange New World was probably the best episode ever

I think you mean Gotham's Ultimate Criminal Mastermind.

>Fuck its horrible spins on iconic villains.
Are you actually arguing that everything should be the exact same in every single adaptation?

Animated Series was the worst.

>TB Penguin has a good voice (Tom Kenny, fuck yeah)
>design is good
>actually has good motivations and can act as a Wayne antagonist rather than just a Batman one

And then they gave him fucking kung fu magic and robot ninja sluts.

Actually, come to think of it that's why I don't like The Batman. Because they started with very good bases, took those ideas to a proper conclusion, and then instead of stopping they just pushed everything right off the edge of the cliff and into a fire.

Also the show was too blatantly toyetic.

I really enjoyed the episode "Seconds" fantastic Clock King story, which we definetly need more of.

I thought Ivy's rose hair was cute.

This is literally "classic" Dr. Freeze you dumb-ass nigger. The Batman was fucking great. Miles above that Beware garbage.

Why wouldn't he know kung fu? He's always been an expert in martial arts.

Yes. Don't fix what ain't broke.

I've yet to see a complaint isn't about how it isn't exactly the same as BTAS.

Each BTAS villain squares off against his The Batman doppelganger

What happens

Fuck that

Fuck you.

His hands freaked me out when I was younger. Thanks for reminding me of this, assfuck.

>Is "The Batman" the worst Batman cartoon?
Nope

Stop samefagging

Been rewatching this show on Netflix recently and this is actually the most enjoyable part of the show if you ask me

...that and the fight scenes

Really? Everyone that disagrees with OP is the same person?

>mediocre takes on Joker and Penguin
>mediocre
No, fuck you. They were both great.

Jude=/- Kung Fu and I thought he only picked that up around the time Crane had super-sayan "scarbeast" mode. Like early 200s

FUCK NO

People act like Batman cartoons begin at TAS
There had been decades of nothing but goofy subpart Hannah Barbera Batman.

There was one in the 70s where Catwoman wore all green.
There was one where Batmite was added for comic relief

Adam West doing Batman's voice only does so much for a show.

talkshow host Harley was the closest thing to tolerable origin Harley's ever had
and you do realize they brought in actual clayface later right?
shitty bane was legit shitty though, can't argue with that
their joker was fine, not amazing but fine. between being grossly overused and a stupid idea in the first place, the joker's already absolute garbage 90% of the time anyway

fucking D.A.V.E.

>There was one in the 70s where Catwoman wore all green.
well yeah she was wearing the same thing in the comics at the time

Had one of the best villain team-ups with Team Penguin.

Very underrated episode. Cred Forums should talk about it as much as the rest of the top tier episodes.

Joker only had a handful of good episodes. All of the other ones were shit.

Penguin was just bad all around. I liked his connection to the Waynes and that was mined by the Arkham and Telltale games, but the character itself was a poor comic relief villain.

Indeed. Anyone that says this or Beware are the worst Batman cartoons is a casual. Filmation Batman was embarrassing, even by 70's standards.

>he doesn't like Bayou Croc, Penguin, and Joker and Riddler's personalities
Bland crook Freeze is the original. TAS didn't introduce the character
Also everyone knows BTB is the worst Bat cartoon

Literally the only thing wrong with talkshowHarley is how they draw her hood. It's way too lumpy. Otherwise a solid 9/10, would be murdered by.

Everything in The Batman is kung fu shit because it was made by the same guys that did Jackie Chan Adventures and they just had to have their asian fighting shit in the show. They looked pretty cool nonetheless.

See

>if you don't like a shitty cgi show with terrible voice acting and characters you're a casual
very epic!

Best Firefly look, even if he's like a Iron Man rip-off

Didn't Marilyn Manson make a guest appearance?

Also did anyone try the toys? They had a tv show sound that would activate them.

So was TBM Poison Ivy the youngest iteration? And why did they have Batgirl first way before even Robin got introduced?

>why does the penguin know kung fu?

Because read a comic book, fucking casual.

They had batgirl before robin because the show was airing at the same time as Teen Titans, and they didn't want to cross the canon streams. Teen Titans got dropped, and then The Batman got to use him.

>So was TBM Poison Ivy the youngest iteration?

No, but she's easily the most powerful.

And this rose hair is on point.

The Riddler in this show was the first time I've ever found the character interesting.

>Bland crook Freeze is the original. TAS didn't introduce the character

Who gives a shit? That's character regression. Are you seriously saying that making the characters blander and more generic just because that's how it was in the original is better?

>NOT MUH FREEZE

Fuck off.

I've never see anyone mention that her origin episode in this was written by Dini either. You'd think she would get more attention because of that.

>I'll just keep spouting "NOT MUH" to every single argument

ebin

>I'll just reply to every argument with 'ebin'

coral

>I'll just respond to every quip with 'coral'

shway

>any attempt to revisit it or bring him back only diminishes that story.
Wasn't the second episode with him some nutcase kidnapping him and even Batman saying "He sure looks scared for someone with no emotions"?
I thought they handled that part well at least.

>I'll just retort to every remark with 'shway'

Shwarbage

I like this show quite a bit. It has some episodes that are BTAS/BATB tier, but a lot of episodes are just okay. As for the designs, they're pretty hit and miss. That movie with Dracula was pretty great though.

Look out! It's Bumblebee!

>It has some episodes that are BTAS/BATB tier, but a lot of episodes are just okay
So, just like BTAS?

I dig its style, and I'd rather have something different than same old same old. Love its Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Harley, Ivy, Firefly.

>not muh
It's a breath of fresh air. The Batman actually tried to do something different instead of wanking off to TAS. And in this show's setting, the original is better. The show's rogue gallery consists of either common crooks with abilities or maniacs. A broken man that wants his wife back wouldn't fit the in the show at all.

Even the okay episodes of TAS would be godtier episodes of TB.

Like, the good episodes of The Batman are about on the level of Tyger, Tyger, or Batman in my Basement.
As in, they're excellent, but still mediocre in comparison to everything else.

I like the Riddler's usual "sheer arrogance" persona, but the Batman did make a good move by giving him a legitimate reason for his pursuit of superiority. I'd like to see it visited in another Riddler incarnation.

This is the best possible version of The Cluemaster

I knew that the people involved had bad ideas the moment I saw Doctor Pyg in the teaser poster.
No matter what corporate tells you, you CAN'T have Doctor Pyg in a cartoon unless you disregard what makes the character so nasty.

fuck, tone down the autism. I don't even watch your shit show and even I'm cringing over here.

>It's a breath of fresh air. The Batman actually tried to do something different instead of wanking off to TAS.

It did something different by just regressing the character again? That makes no logical sense at all.

They didn't do anything interesting with him at all. They could've given him a new background or found a new way to make him compelling that wouldn't be rehashing B:TAS. Instead, they just made him into a generic ice villain.

Eeh, by the end, Prof. Pyg was starting to do the same deal as the comics, only by permanently mutating people instead of mutilating them.

Ironically enough, the latter half of the show had Killer Croc and Matatoa, who were portrayed as actual cannibals. Hell, the latter was actually made more gruesome in the show than he was in the comics.

As someone who rewatched BTAS recently, you are over-exaggerating it's track record compared to TB.

You mean ZaBee.

>Mr. Freeze was closer to his original origin than the one on BTAS. BTAS Freeze, while good, can't really function as a recurring villain now can he?

>GEOFF JOHNS IS POSTING IN Cred Forums!

They had a not-Montoya and a not-Crispus Allen, the latter of which became Clayface in what was actually a great series of episodes that was more like the BTAS episodes Two-Face than Feet of Clay.

It was good. Freeze was the only one kinda bad.

Joker was top tier though.

It's definitely one of the best.

Penguin's family was chased out of Gotham for being shit, so they set themselves up in East Asia. The Batman Penguin is based around turn of the century Orientalism.

They said that retelling Heart of Ice would just mean they have to be compared to that story. And they were right.

It's better for them to put their own spin on things than make a shittier version of something that already exists.

Lovely rendition of the Harlequinn costume.

hat's a bit fat though.

There were two clayfaces though.

Freeze looked pretty good in its style.

Rhasta's a great Joker. He managed to be convincingly insane while proving to be a good freestyle fighter.

I don't really see the "rasta" desu. I guess because his hair clumps together?

He was fun though.

>FIREfly
>lasers
um

Just the hair, plus it's the only nickname I remember Cred Forums giving it in the older threads.

kinda looks like a jester hat

Oh man, I remember his toy. Removable masks were all the rage back then.

What do you think lasers are made of idiot

>No Two-Face
It's shit.

Just kidding, I liked the show. That one episode with Superman, Lex and Ivy is my favorite.

light?

Yeah? Well LIGHT is just FIRE without the flame so it still makes sense you DUMBNUTS.

That doesn't change the fact that TB Freeze is still shit. They did nothing to make stand out in his own way, he's just a generic ice crook with shitty puns and a waste of Clancy Brown.

I mean, Firefly is just a merc instead of a pyromaniac, but he was still fun, unlike Freeze.

>>No Two-Face
Well, technically...

does this show rerun anywhere anymore?

do any batman cartoons?

His origins being DIRECTLY caused by Batman was pretty great.

He was kind of generic though,

Lasers work much better with Jetpack.

No. But it's currently on Netflix, where they seem to rotate Batman shows.

So why did Bruce look like Jackie Chan anyway?

I liked TB but all the interactions between batgirl and robin... just their character in general was off-putting, like I don't mind their story for this cartoon however they just need to talk less

I thought the whole show looked like it was done by the Jackie Chan Adventures people

Because Batman learned only from the best.

I honestly can't believe that the rest of Cred Forums doesn't understand that it's suppose to be a jester hat.

because the only thing separating Batman and his freakish enemies from the normal citizens of Gotham is just one BAD DAY BAD DAY BAD DAY

Vampiro?

>ike, the good episodes of The Batman are about on the level of Tyger, Tyger, or Batman in my Basement.
Yeah, no you full of shit.

>*are*

I'm sorry, but how is the Human Party Hat iconic?

His only crime is partying too much

youtube.com/watch?v=2l8PfHTMiGc

That Joker was a jester, I don't see the rhasta scope people keep getting.

Sting?

i think its 100% the voice

The intro was awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA

I wouldn't classify that as Rhasta, more like Juggalo.

Croc Pearlman a best

I fucking love The Batman's designs. Even Joker and Riddler are great once you get past the Not Muh, and Catwoman, Harley and Penguin are some of my favourite designs for those characters.
That said, dialogue tended towards the narmy and there were a fair few bad episodes, but overall I think it's a worthy Batman cartoon, even if it can't live up to the level of BTAS or Brave and the Bold.

I like talkshow Harley mostly because she isn't "seduced into evil" by the Joker. She's already a complete bitchwad.

I liked how much of a physical threat this show made all the villains.

I did not like how in that final season they did that episode where Batman and Robin beat the entire villains roster at once like they were nothing.

i thought that was trent reznor. or one of them did a theme song

You do realize that OG Freeze was just a common criminal right? He wasn't "iconic" like your whiny ass claims he was until BTAS redid his origin and then they shoved him into comicbook canon during KnightFall.

>talkshow host Harley was the closest thing to tolerable origin Harley's ever had

It definitely makes more sense than Harley having once been an actual medical professional.

I liked him in Batman: Earth-One.

>tfw I like both

It'd be pretty cool to see some discussion on either for once that isn't dedicated to trash the other one in comparison.

Honestly, I'd rather have a generic ice crook than a shittier take on Heart of Ice, which is the only thing we've had from Freeze since that episode first happened.
If BTAS Freeze didn't exist then TB Freeze would just be a kind of boring villain with a great design.

>forgetting about based Ragdoll

youtube.com/watch?v=dGTpdS9LX6c

> that cajun accent
> that one comic story where he stole jewelry to court a news reporter
Cutest crocodile.

I'm with you, user. I feel like BTB was about as good as The Batman season 1 or 2, and it could've become something great if it had time to grow.

If everybody shared that view then humanity would never have evolved past cavemen and their fire.

Honestly, I didn't like Mr Freeze in The Batman much but I liked the concept of him being practically a force of nature with really petty goals. The future episode where archaeologists are examining the Batcave to find a way to stop him is great, and I wish they did more with that. He barely appeared though, probably because of the backlash.

Where is a younger version?

Yeah. Season one and two had some neat episodes here and there, but The Batman didn't get great in my eyes until season four.

Nigga please it's pretty much ranked like this

1. TAS
2. Brave and the bold
3. The Batman

>Baboon Joker would probably win due to acrobatics, but Hamill might pull something out his ass
>Kung-fu penguin for the win
>BTAS Riddler since I remember emo riddler always getting his ass handed to him
>Old Freeze wins due to Waifu plot armor
>Black Clayface got redeemed and BTAS Clayface was disintegrated, so no contest
>New Strange wins since BTAS Strange did absolutely nothing.
>Mecha Ventriloquist beats BTAS Ventriloquist, but BTAS had better episodes
>HARDAC beats DAVE in sheer numbers
>The Banes respectfully job to each other
>Metahuman Ivy beats Lesbo Ivy due to powers
>"Big rock Croc" beats Cajun Croc
>New Man-Bat is cooler and scarier, but also became penguin's bitch, so it's a tie

What?

BTAS was much better and was voiced by Paul Williams.

And the dreadlocks.

>Not knowing about "Big Rock Croc"

Cajun Croc's on an equal strength footing, and a hell of a lot smarter

Two words: BIG ROCK

Thats not poison ivy. Just Ivy plus they already aged her last episode.

I see your two words and raise you two more: BIG CROC

B:TAS Croc wasn't a dummy either. The whole big rock thing was just Batman disguised as Croc.

Come to think of it, Croc in all the main animated takes (B:TAS, The Batman, Beware) is usually portrayed as clever, which I enjoy. It's too easy to make him a monstrous brute.

This episode was stupid as fuck.

underrated post

It was supposed to be funny because he had to do the same fights over and over again because he'd fuck something up or flub his line and thought it made him look dumb.

But BTAS croc couldn't even hit Batman with a rock when said, was lying unconscious on the ground.

I'll raise two more:
For you

Batman vs Dracula had no right being as great as it was. The concept sounds so dumb but that movie was GOAT

ice cap, Freeze.

Too bad it really prevents Spoiler from being a thing

see
BTAS Croc is shown to be clever and charismatic as he is strong (demonstrated in the Freakshow and Babydoll episodes).

>I don't really see the "rasta" desu.
The dreads and hunched over look + proportions kinda make him look like a nigger

they made him the first clayface but they still introduced Basil Karlo later.

I liked Bennet Clayface. its was even better that he was a friend of Bruce's. made for some nice drama

also he was voiced by a black guy.

I think the voice and hair, with a dose of "not muh" is what drove Cred Forums insane

Why couldn't Hynden be DC's go-to voice for Harley. I love Tara, talented VA, but her Arleen impression just doesn't work for me. Hynden puts on a nice Joisey accent that I find much more fitting.

Correct.

Clayface did eventually pull himself together, and for obvious reasons (see Star Trek: DS9), a shape-shifting law enforcement officer has a lot of advantages.

The whole point was that he couldn't use his powers, since that was what drove him insane.

I'll raise two FURTHER words
croc cock

"Redemption equals Nerfing."

The writers forbid you to use your powers for good.