JSA Storytime: Quasar

Good evening owls of Cred Forums,

Time for really cosmic shit

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/captmarvelnews
otherversegames.blogspot.co.nz/2015/08/my-least-popular-book-ever.html
amazon.com/gp/product/1401268129/ref=pd_sim_14_7?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1401268129&pd_rd_r=VGVEVSVM6KEA6MDHC7PW&pd_rd_w=i27b8&pd_rd_wg=ROXqD&psc=1&refRID=VGVEVSVM6KEA6MDHC7PW
amazon.com/Hawkman-Geoff-Johns-Book-One/dp/1401272908/
amazon.com/Legionnaires-Book-One-Mark-Waid/dp/1401268668/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so how about that Bendis interview, eh

And now! Backstory!

Hello Storyteller.

>"Oh by the way, Dr. Strange is in here too."

Didn't read it. What stupid thing did he say this time?

Does he not realize that between solicits and their own PR, we already know Team Tony loses?

so that he's basically pretending that he's being even-handed between Tony and Carol and that readers are accordingly split evenly, as opposed to everyone going CAROL IS A HUGE FASCIST ASSHOLE (except for the most delusions Captain Marvel fans)

I don't even try to fathom how Bendis' mind works any more when it comes to self-promotion

at least he didn't tell me to go look at a sex tape

>except for the most delusions Captain Marvel fans

Are there truly any left?

>at least he didn't tell me to go look at a sex tape

See, I know what you're referring to, but I wonder who else does.

i didn't read that bendis thing because i didn't want my mind to break.

and then it turn out he was the one actually in a sex tape.

Ahhh, Capullo Strange

twitter.com/captmarvelnews

I woke up late this morning and opened Twitter on my phone and had me quite a "this is real?" time

Some people still think KSD wrote the definitive Carol Danvers. Not Reed or Busiek, but KSD.

Oh man I should start shipping fascist Carol and HYDRA Cap. where's that fanart

Or even Claremont and Conway.

>writer insists the conflict is morally grey and that there are no easy answers
>readers disagree and point out how one side is being portrayed as villainous assholes
Goddamn, it's the first Civil War all over again.

What is with comics and their cosmic beings looking like giant dudes? There are so many giant dudes.

>Can I just say the @CaptMarvelNews twitter has remained positive, supportive and proud of Carol and is SO NICE TO SEE in comic fandom. ll your tweets today made my day, among a typical Wednesday timeline of people bashing characters/creators, they stood out

I'm still pissed that KSD wrote the intro to the 2nd Ms. Marvel Masterwork. Not Claremont, or someone involved in those stories, but fucking KSD. Was she even born when those stories were made?!

that is QUITE the costume

Wait what.

Glasses Wendell....

just got done with the last thread

>that monster kid

wew

That was a hell of a meta issue, wasn't it

I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing with Bendis is he's just stupid. You have to come to that conclusion eventually I think.

just remember to gargle with salt water, hon

trips confirm that he's at minimum lacking in introspection

What a world.

Later, that monster kid grew up to be Mark Millar.

hey, those are some nice built-ins

There are a surprising number of comic fans who don't read solicits. I've even seen some of them on Cred Forums.

I don't get it, but they do exist.

that explains so very much

PURE HUSBANDO

i kinda get it, don't wanna be spoiled for stuff. in theory it's supposed to just be for retailers anyway

>ndom. ll your tweets today made my day, among a typical Wednesday timeline of people bashing characters/creators,
They're bashing the way you're writing the character, Bendis! I bet he thought Wanda fans should have supported NMM Wanda

I'm not normally one for shipping but I ship this.

I only look at solicits to get an idea of what's coming down the pipeline. I won't always read the actual blurb.

even other characters see it

he's just so darn nice

I'm still making myself randomly bust up by thinking about HECKBLAZER

That's basically Illuminated Carol/Steve, which was a top tier OTP.

I would read so much of that ship

What I'm really wondering is if Civil War 2 is going to be quietly swept under the rug post-event or if it's going to have the legs Civil War 1 did.

>being this much of a gentleman
Wendell, pls.

>skipping all the drama bullshit and just telling your love interest about your secret identity
.... I think I love this man.

I feel like they are going to try and force it to have legs, but they will be wobbly baby giraffe legs, fans won't really respond to it, and with the next relaunch in a year to a year-and-a-half from now then it will be swept under the rug

CW1 has cast a very long shadow, but I think it's clearly helped on that by being CAP vs. IRON MAN, and sorry, Carol fans, she doesn't really match up in terms of elemental appeal in that regard. Also, Millar's story was pretty stupid, but it was more even-handed than this and it actually snapped along.

It's not a trade that's going to keep selling on its own, no.

IS this /d/?

>he's just so darn nice
I don't know what it is that convinced everyone that non-douchebag protagonists just aren't appealing.

There's nothing wrong with nice.

Oh come on, Jack, he was being quite reasonable about wanting to see what's up. You've come this far, you can wait a little longer to deal with the local authorities.

HEY THAT'S NOT COOL

Civil War 1 is also like passable.

I think CW2 is gonna slowing fade away and suddenly they're pushing IvX??

Part of the problems seems to be that a lot of writers trying to write "realistic" characters are...kind of douchey.

So they just think everybody's like that, even heroes.

Gru was a treasure.

Wendell has a distinct personality that's not just "he's a nice guy", and it gets him in trouble as well.

>I don't know what it is that convinced everyone that non-douchebag protagonists just aren't appealing.
>There's nothing wrong with nice.

There's the idea that "nice" protagonists are boring, and it's everywhere. The people who prefer Batman to Superman, Tony to Cap, Jotaro to most other JoJos, and I just don't get it.

Oh, I know, I'm just sayin'...on the douchey side of things.

this guy's a giant disembodied cock

Sometimes nice characters are boring. I think nice tends to conflates with unflawed and unconflicted, and Wendell isn't either of those.

... Storyteller, you've been with some weird guys if you see all those spikes and still think penises.

There's actually this insane RPG game where the center of the universe is a giant disembodied space cock and everything revolves around it. I think it even ejaculates.

OH SHIT HE'S GONNA PULL A NATE

I meant metaphorically more than actually

it's not FATAL, is it?

I still owe you guys for FATAL.

Have said writers ever, y'know, met other people?

I mean, I've no love for people in general, but even I know that nobody openly acts like an asshole. You subconsciously reel it in when you're in public, so even if you are a dick, unless you're also an idiot, you don't advertise it. For fucks sake.

New York is full of unashamed assholes. That reputation is well-earned.

Nah it's not FATAL. It's not much better though. I can't remember the name but it's the guy behind Black Tokyo the hentai RPG and Fursona, the furry supplement for Pathfinder.

Marvel will probably try to force CW2 to have legs via all the changes they make afterward
Like Champions, whatever happens to Tony, Carol in general, etc
Then again that thing that was something about a house divided can't stand or something may mean marvel might try to get rid of the uglier CW2 results quicker than we thought, like everybody hating each other

The trade probably won't be a best seller though lol

I've met plenty of people who openly act like assholes. I'm sorta on the "most people are bad, not good" side of things though.

WAITAMINUTE, VOLTHOOM???

hypercrisis is real

Fuck, I went to his blog to see if I could get it and found this:

otherversegames.blogspot.co.nz/2015/08/my-least-popular-book-ever.html

Most people are selfish.

>FATAL

A comic about these guys' voyage from the Stranger's planet would have been gloriously weird.

whodathunk that TOURNAMENT OF RAPISTS was controversial?

Yeah, that's a better way of thinking of it.

Eon clearly pounding out some sick beats on his DJ rig in the bottom right.

I feel like IvX is just a line-specific event like whatever the Spiderbooks are doing these days. It doesn't feel big to me at least.

Is that Diamondhead, the Nova villain?

I assume they wanted it to be like AvX and be an actual event but people don't care enough about the Inhumans for it to actually be that big

Honestly, I have no idea

i meant that they'd move it or the X-Events to more prominence now that CW2 flopped.

And HYDRA Civil War is still coming

>Stop paying attention to my deliberate attention grabber title!

I miss the F4 so much

so what's out this week?

Our favorite mini, Death of Hawkman!

So about when was it that Sue got her force-fields? Cause while invisibility is pretty damn useful, the force-fields kinda elevated her to near broken tier.

Flintstones!

y-yay

is Midnighter/Apollo out this week or the next?

F

There's nothing going on right now that's the same, with a family vibe, is there?

:(

THING IS BEST THING

oh son, don't be too excite

Reed, you should know to put clauses like that in your lease

Orlando was tweeting about Jamm today so I'm hype for some deeeeeeeeeeeep cuts in his books coming up

Green Lanterns Halloween issue, Simon and Jessica take kids trick or treating
Champions
Alias
Cage
Deadman
Shade the Changing Girl
Death of X
and Scarlet Witch with more origin shake up fun

I think it was in Lee/Kirby somewhat early cause they realized the same thing.

Hawkman is proof that the majority of people really only care about power levels. Dragonball Z was a mistake.

OH FUCK

FUCK

>IT'S QUANTUM TIME!
Wendell, pls. You fucking dork.

noooooooooooo

welllllllp

And now time for purest husbando to suffer for his purity.

>Deadman
>Shade the Changing Girl
yay

>Death of X
boo

Wendell is having a day that makes Spidey look like the luckiest guy in the Marvel Universe...

:(

I actually need to do some other shit. So I'll see you guys Sunday night, thanks for reading. (this is a seven-part story, so we're cliffhung anywhere we stop)

I'm ready

God damn this is some freaky shit.

Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

This is one of the main appeals of having a nice protagonist. It's all the more effective when they suffer. Goddamn. Wendell, you poor bastard.

i forgot it was this issue. oh boy

Oh shit, it's the sex cave?

My body is not ready.

In the mid-60s, I want to say. Well before the Galactus Trilogy, in any case. She's had them most of the F4's existence, if I remember correctly.

>IT'S QUANTUM TIME!

truly best boy

poor guy

thanks again OP

bump

amazon.com/gp/product/1401268129/ref=pd_sim_14_7?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1401268129&pd_rd_r=VGVEVSVM6KEA6MDHC7PW&pd_rd_w=i27b8&pd_rd_wg=ROXqD&psc=1&refRID=VGVEVSVM6KEA6MDHC7PW

speaking of amazon listings, Johns Hawkman is getting a new edition amazon.com/Hawkman-Geoff-Johns-Book-One/dp/1401272908/

and Legionnaires/hopefully more reboot LOSH is getting collected amazon.com/Legionnaires-Book-One-Mark-Waid/dp/1401268668/

I'm so fucking hype for Waid Legion and Flash collections. and Suicide Squad had Volume 6 up!

now if we can just get some nice Silver Age Legion books and collect the rest of Levitz's run.

>hardcover

worry.jpg

What are the odds this sells well enough for a vol 2 to be hardcover as well?

I would not be surprised if they knocked it down to a tpb before release

Coming in late.

What Bendis interview? Did he admit that he writes poorly, intentionally, in some kind of deranged, impossible to work shorting of Marvel stock or something?

The only questions I ask when I read Bendis are "Why is this happening? Why are these people acting this way in direct opposition to all previous characterization? How did Bendis get this fucking job?"

O shit! Early Greg Capullo.

Sigil magic strikes again.

There's at least one lucky idiot in any office.

>Why is Infinity so interesting to you?
>Why? Because she's the biggest of them all.

Giantess fetish confirmed.

Arcanna Jones is an excellent stripper and/or Blaxploitation character name.

That's all fine and good, but where's our Nate collections?

Yeah, that's some nice shelving, and the understairs has room for more storage of some kind or a coat rack or something.

I'm sure this is a $53000/month apartment in Manhattan.

Good thing Makkari's so old he probably still has Hittite pocket change he can sell to a museum or something.

Where are they going to put the sex dungeon, though?

Goddamn Commies! Always escaping alien experimentation and coming to kill our honest, well adjusted, parent loving Protectors of the Universe.

Maybe the fourth wall has a movable bookshelf to Eon's starfield they can stick the sex dungeon in.

I mean, that place is already pretty /d/ to begin with.

Did anyone ever realize that the starfield cape was actually a portal to Eon/Epoch's pocket dimension?

Oh, hey, Gargoyle!
He's an old ass man who got turned into a Gargoyle. I think he served in WW1. He was a longass term Defender.

Yes.

Ah, the Presence, reading from the Goblin Strategy Guide.

He can survive for Pi hours!

I am happy this scene has mood lighting.

Proper colour I think would make this scene genuinely unsettling. Like, keep you awake creepy.

Well, see you then.
Thanks for running.

That payoff to Dead Dad was pretty much what I was expecting, and it was great.

>Cerebral hemorrhage

Well, at least he didn't Meta himself with the same c.o.d.

they don't wanna spoil him vs manhattan in Rebirth 2

Making him cut-rate Manhattan was a mistake in nu52, and it was a mistake in the death spin of his solo series.

If the real Nate doesn't return, we riot.