Tracers thread?

Tracers thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleachness.livejournal.com/446299.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jfpnIyqieyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol, good one, Dadinho.

His name is little ze now

This thread is just going to be Greg Land isn't it?

Of course

What other well known tracers do you know?

Most of it, maybe Larroca too.
You guys could post other tracers

Are we getting a costume for the last Wolverine movie?

Someone post that lego ship

>cyclops is wolverine

Newfag here, what am I looking at?

Is that Larocca?

Liking the meta narrative here

Art from comic artists who are known to trace photos. One well known example is Greg Land of whom must of the art in this thread belongs to.

Tracers, man.
Guys like Land, Larroca, etc, they go over other artists stuff/real pictures and get paid for it, like they did something on their own

Yep

Whats wrong with tracing?

Of course Liefeld would need to trace to get reasonable anatomy.

It's bad when you trace over other artists' work.

Professionals shouldn't need to trace.

Did you just say Liefeld?

Everything, and it is not fair with real artists with actual talent

>liefeld traces himself

Does anyone have to stuff on Gene Simmons's son?

I wonder what Nick Simmons is doing now

classic tracing
bleachness.livejournal.com/446299.html

What about that guy that would trace over famous comicbook artists and then sell it at Cons, claiming it was his art?

Next time you or someone close to you makes a professional drawing/photo, show it to us so we can trace it and use it in a for profit publication passing it as our own work, then we'll see how you'll like it.

I don't know how he thought he could get away with tracing one of the most popular manga at the time during the age of the internet

Can someone please find a torrent of this and Storytime of Pain it?

Is there a law against tracing? How come tracing Bleach is a bigger sin than tracing old comics/movies that has no relation to the IP?

t. Nick

I could never figure out what was going on int the comic panel

what're your thoughts on people who trace, but only one half of the image and then they complete the rest by their own?

Tracing is tracing

Plagiarism is plagiarism is plagiarism.

Did Steranko get to slap Liefeld too?

that was a fun day on Cred Forums

moot renamed Cred Forums "Detergent & Magma" and Cred Forums "Plagiarism" and we had tracing threads and a How I Became Yours storytime and stuff

So how/why does Greg Land still get work

Hey, Sick Nimmons

Most likely the same reason Dedato Jr still gets work: they turn their shit in on time. To editors that counts a lot more than legitimate skill.

I disagree, if I trace just the absolute bare minimum outline of something because I am poor at anatomy & it would take forever to get the arms/legs proportionately right and then draw ALL other details, shading, features its still 95% minimum my work.

Deodato is much better then Land even today. Land has never had a period where he did good work while Deodato did great Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers work.

What if you take your own photo and trace that? Is that still wrong?

Greg Land on discovering the 'flip image' function: "I've just doubled my output!"

I'd say no

No, that is no different then drawing from life like 80% of painters do.

To be fair, this could be considered an homage to his own previous work. If I could draw, I'd probably do the same thing with a later work just to see if anyone would catch it.

Not really it's basically an edit like when you meme something. Just read some Loomis or you'll always be shitty.

It's spectacularly different, you can paint and draw from life it takes just takes practice. Anyway tracing your own pictures isn't wrong.

So, if I was to use this to create my own comic book, I wouldn't be hunted down or horribly mocked for using my own pictures?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just took his pencil-work from Cable & Deadpool #1, made some adjustments to it, then re-inked it with a few minor changes to get the same result.

Ehh, that's closer to being referencing. Back in his Crossgen days Land was less of a hack.

His early work on BOP was great

Poser ruined him.

As long as it's not a shitty comic and you're not ripping off other artists I don't see why anyone would care.

Agreed

This is shit though.

Greg Land General?

I think he that was his second work, he got better in bop and then the tracing happens. this one is worst.

It means you need to practice and learn for yourself.

How has no one posted the lego ship yet?

All these niggas should have sued Marvel before they got Disney lawyers there to clean up their messes

This one is hilarious. Nigga traced the same image for DC AND Marvel

>Here's a regular piece of art
>And here's it after it got fucked up

Why does the helmet have wrinkles?

Try reading comics and you'd know what the armor is made of.

Its made of iron men right

Here you go...

...and here's the model for reference.

Jesus Christ.

>this could be considered an homage to his own previous work.

That would be called having an artstyle

What the fuck?

Deodato has talent, hh defined Wonder Woman.

That's one hairy dick

>Olivetti phoned that in because he has another comic called Brutal Nature

He couldn't spare the hour to at least trace over the Tau models?

He was working on Venom Space Knight and Brutal Nature at the same time, hence his eventual departure from the former comic.

Bendis did that when he started out so it's certainly not going to lock you out of the industry

I think it's stupid when people get mad that an artist traces one panel in a comic book that has dozens of panels, all drawn by that same artist.

It's also stupid when somebody traces a photo of a famous person and that person is still recognizable in the final drawing. It's basically begging for people to find the original photo.

the only thing here that looks traced is the facial expression, everything else is definitely referenced. like don't get me wrong, it's definitely based on EXACTLY on that cena image.

It would have been all right if he didn't give Superman John Cena's face.

>I think it's stupid when people get mad that an artist traces one panel in a comic book that has dozens of panels, all drawn by that same artist.
This makes things look very stiff. And it's also lazy, great artists don't do this, so why do you?

basically artists that work in the industry are encouraged to trace to meet deadlines, and if you refuse to because of whatever reason, be it ethical or integrity or pride related, you're looked down on as kind of stuck up or ironically unprofessional

keep in mind the comics industry is just that, it's a business. speed and consistency trumps authenticity in any capacity

These threads always piss me o

Everybody does it. Everybody. "Great artists" just make it look like they don't. Also they don't just grab the first image that comes up on Google image search. A professional doesn't wank over a capeshit panel for 30 minutes when they can find a good reference for it and knock it out in 10 minutes. They have a lot of panels to do.

As far as art goes, individual panels in a comic book is pretty much as throw-away as art gets. For big pieces that are supposed to stand on their own, like covers, it's a little different.

Rob Granito.

they actually don't. Some people spend a long time learning how to draw the human body from various angles by studying geometry and anatomy. They can freehand a pretty accurate representation of the human body showing a huge range of emotion from a wide variety of angles without using reference, very quickly.

Other artists take their own reference photos instead of using the models, poses, costuming, and lighting that other artists came up with and never gave them their permission to use. Some people hire models, some people use their SO, some people take pictures of themselves, and if all else fails, you can also get a decent image with just a mirror, animator style.

Tracing isn't the norm.

Tracing isn't about not being able to do it. It's about saving time because you're on a deadline.

This is not about your Sonic recolors that you wank over for hours before uploading them to DeviantArt. This is about people who need to turn in work in order to pay the rent. It's the former group that is always harping on about tracing.

In trying to find a proper picture but that's just Del Rio as well

X-Men moved to san fran, there was a montage showing them blending in with the locals

deodato traced some 9/11 rubble in one of the recent iron man issues

I'm not sure you know the difference between tracing and inspiration/reference.

No, no, no, This has got to be fake.

>even put the little black stoplight brick on top

I miss Fat Penn

im surpised games workshop hasnt dropped a lawsuit yet

after what blizzard did that's nothing.

>Never draw what you can swipe. Never swipe what you can trace. Never trace what you can photocopy. Never photocopy what you can clip out and paste down.
- Wally Wood

>Someone post that lego ship

>YOU KILLED MASTER KENOBI!
>his face is the the exact same as when he saw Ben die
pottery.

youtube.com/watch?v=jfpnIyqieyk

I vaguely recall a late 90s issue of Wolverine that blatantly ripped art from Image's Wildcats. Anyone confirm?

This just looks like a re-color with a little editing. It's a trade cover for his own work, after all.

land should be hanged

The swiper's name is Fabio Laguna, but he changed his style since then.

I love how you can clearly tell that the original artist knows about stuff like foreshortening, anatomy, panelling...and Liefield doesn't.

Dude kept his job after that? Shameful.

Yes, but no longer in the Big Two and not as prolific as before. Sometimes he worked as a fill-in artist.

greg(g)(?) land is the master tracer.

his name is Trashman

He could still trace over it and then add his own style

>If I could draw
You wouldn't be Rob Liefeld.

The snap turtle.