Hello there, children. R-remember me?

Hello there, children. R-remember me?

Other urls found in this thread:

byusa.byu.edu/sites/default/files/Movie Request Form (2013-2014).pdf
vulture.com/2016/09/isaac-hayess-son-says-someone-quit-south-park-for-him.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can see you. Too many body thetans blocking my vision.

Hey chef

Along with him, died any semblance of the comedy and humor that made SP entertaining.

'member when Chef was alive?

why did they kill him and not bring him back?

They brought him back in the game.

Technically, he came back as Darth Chef in the very same episode he died in, but this appears to have been retconned out with The Stick of Truth, where he returns as a zombie.

very true, the seasons after and now are complete shit.

someone post about how he didn't quit by will

Kenny, how would you like to sodomize my black ass?

>why
Isaac Hayes got pissy about SP making fun of HIS religion and quit. He died shortly afterward.

It's actually more respectful not to recast the character, esp. since his name was just a joke reference to Hayes' most famous song.

I miss you Isaac Hayes and that sexy voice of yours. You were taken from us too soon.

It was more along the lines of the Church of Scientology forced him to quit, and he lost the only thing that he could rely on as a steady source of income. He got sick and the church forced him to go on tour so that he could afford to keep giving them money.

Yes, Scientology killed Isaac Hayes.

>CoS vs LDS
I'm not sure who to even root for. Mormons have had more time to be horrible assholes but Scientologists may have already eclipsed them in that regard.

Just watched the Scientology episode because I'm rewatching South Park backwards.

I can't believe they really believe in that shit, I mean really?

What's wrong with Mormons?

yeah what? theyre the opposite of assholes. theyre sickly sweet and it makes you feel really bad for them being so fucking wrong, but it's really hard to get them to see the fucking obvious fact that their expansion pack is wrong and mine is right. fuck, i wouldnt be here if it wasnt for mormons helping out me and my family.

Any religion that think it's better than others by a longshot needs to be watched. They read the Book of Mormon more than the bible and they kept blacks from the priesthood. That changed though.

>we shouldn't be mad at chef for leaving, we should be mad at that faggoty little club for scrambling his brain
The episode was basically Matt & Trey forgiving Issac for what he did

Cause Issac Hayes is dead user :/

>">we shouldn't be mad at chef for leaving, we should be mad at that fruitty little club for scrambling his brain"

FIFY

Why didn't they just get a replacement voice actor?

I work at a movie theatre and we're showing Louis Theroux's Scientology documentary next week, we've been sent an email advising all staff how to deal with questions about the cult and their insane dealings incase they decide to get pissy.

Screencap of email with blanked details?

Yeah, after they spent a whole episode shitting on his character, It was one of the lowest points of the show.

It's on the work email address and I don't like to be bombarded with that stuff on my days off, but I'll see if I can find it on some theatre forums.

>Hello, there, Children!
>Chef, what would a priest want to stick up my butt?
>...Goodbye

They're not that bad elsewhere, but in Utah they can get pretty bad. It's basically the same as any other major religion in America.

Biggest example that sticks out in my mind is the college they run. The school has an extremely strict honor code, where students aren't even allowed to date or be in the same room with a girl after hours. People can and have been suspended or expelled over being caught having sex. It's especially bad for gays (don't ask me why a gay guy would go to a mormon school), but the entire system ends up encouraging sexual assault and rape, since the school even counts that as breaking the code, and rapists know they can use that to force victims to keep quiet.

So in general, just the same kind of repression a lot of conservative churches encourage.

You can't even consume secular media without putting yourself in danger at BYU. Anything above PG is automatically suspect.

It's like living in a concentration camp.

byusa.byu.edu/sites/default/files/Movie Request Form (2013-2014).pdf
>no R rated movies are allowed on campus under any circumstances

The worst part is, this even applies to you just living in your dorm. Shit's scary.

When you think about the background behind it all it actually seemed more like they were showing just how fucked up he became and his eventual death was because of Scientology, and that if you ever try to escape it then you get horribly mauled to death and subsequently revived as a Star Wars Episode III spoof.

>Any religion that thinks it's better than others
Especially atheism.

They missed an opportunity for him to use the Thriller parody song, unless he does and I just missed it.

'member Pink Eye?

So was Mary Kay Bergman.

Thats not a religion.

Absolutely nothing, they go to heaven.

Rest in pee pee :[

Although some of her characters were annoying

He was reportedly fine with it, but his Church handlers put their foot down on him.

lol

>Matt and Trey made fun of Scientology
>They try to get dirt on them but found nothing
>Instead they decide to take their friend
I honestly didn't think or care much about Scientology until this happened. The amount of spite they had to do something like this is horrible. All because two dudes decide to make a joke.

Not defending scientology

But a lot of religions is stupid if portrayed like that.

Scientology is stupid because it's a ponzi scheme, masquerading as a religion, masquerading as a science. Not because the core teaching is stupid.

It wasn't exactly a joke, it was Matt and Trey belittling what they believe in to an extreme level.

But you are right, you would think the leaders of a religion wouldn't be so damn petty. I'm not sure how anyone can see the shit they do and still think it isn't a scam.

The Church made that statement claiming he said that himself, and he was sick to work because of the stroke, and he couldnt speak himself....

And Trey and Matt jumped the gun on him.............

vulture.com/2016/09/isaac-hayess-son-says-someone-quit-south-park-for-him.html

dont forget founded by a con artist

>Only watching the show for an obese sing songy black man.

That was some hype shit

I was pretty disappointed how they retconned Vader Chef. He would have been a cool fight instead of nazi zombie Chef.

>It wasn't exactly a joke, it was Matt and Trey belittling what they believe in to an extreme level.
They did the same to Mormons. And I think Jesus has the second highest South Park deaths next to Kenny.

They arguably did even worse to the Mormons. While they recounted the tale of its founding they literally had a song just saying it was dumb over and over.

>But you are right, you would think the leaders of a religion wouldn't be so damn petty.

Considering how many people they've sued for the crime of criticizing or mocking them, not really.

Yeah but unlike Scientology, the Mormon part had the message at the end that even if everything they believe in is bullshit, it gave that kid a good life so he's thankful anyway.

Well yeah because i guess a stereotype of theirs is that they're unbelievably nice and wonderful.

Meanwhile the horror stories of Scientology is shit like locking kids up in deprivation rooms until they die and siphoning hundreds of thousands of dollars from members.

>the Mormon part had the message at the end
The scientology episode has one too: it's a scam.

you were a lame character anyways

"no"

They put on a show of being "hyper normal" to lower your guard and then they do sneaky shit. They're extremely insular and nepotistic, if you do business with them and there's a chance to screw you over in favor of another Mormon they will almost always do so.

>mfw I have an absolute shit memory regarding just about everything but I can clearly remember Pink Eye being the first episode of South Park I ever saw back when I was a young bab

Heck outta here Chef. We already got a gosh dang token.

>Who only appeared in every other episode

Yeah, as a support character. It sucks losing a supporting character but it's not like they've never added anymore to the cast who as good. Though it is unfortunate how there is no one still who can kind of fill in that mentor role, but i never thought he was so great at that either.