DC REBIRTH THREAD

Favorite series so far?

Hopes and wishes? New ongoings, minis, characters would you like to see returning, lore elements you want back, etc.

I like rebirth, but I wish we hadn't traded actual character Lois for exposition spouting stay at home mom Lois.

Her jumping in the batmech was cool tho

Superman, Super-man, Aquaman and Green Arrow are great.

I hope Blue Beetle picks up. I like the concept and characters so much. But, the dialogue can be a little confusing to follow at times. There is still time for it to pick up, I just don't want to see Jaime and Ted go away again.

Also, waiting out for Apollo and Midnighter mini series. Should be great fun to read.

I hate how the books I like the writing of have meh art and the books I like the art of have meh writing

>favorite series so far
Tom King's Batman

>hopes and Wishes
That Harley Quinn doesn't carry DC for the next year or so, I'd rather other characters from DC got a chance to shine

Also hoping on a Shazam ongoing, but I'm not holding my breath because I know dc has problems with delivering.

Beyond that I'm enjoying Rebirth enough to have added a few titles to my pull list, but it's nothing all that speical.

>Favorite series so far?
Almost everything's been pretty readable so far, but the ones I like the most:

Batman
Detective Comics
All-Star Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
New Super-Man
Aquaman

I like this high-octane action movie feel King's Batman has. All-Star Batman is essentially Mad Max: Fury Road with Batman and it's awesome. Better than Snyder's first Batman run so far. Great way to reintroduce KGBeast in a modern context. Superman is the most enjoyable the character has been in years, and this is coming from someone that enjoyed most of the New 52 run. Wonder Woman: Year One is fucking good, though The Lies arc isn't quite as great. Aquaman as a political thriller is an interesting idea and every issue is compelling to read. I really wanted to like Flash, it's not bad, but it could be doing better. Hopeful for Teen Titans and Trinity. First issues were nice reads.

>Hopes and wishes? New ongoings, minis, characters would you like to see returning, lore elements you want back, etc.
JSA written by someone that isn't Humphries
Shazam
Something with The Atom, I think he's a character with untapped potential
Hitch out of JL. This shuld be DC's top book always.
Ending this shitty "Superman and his family as strangers from another universe" status quo and estabilish Superdad as this world's Superman, with Batman, Wonder Woman and his entire cast remembering him.
Conner and Bart back.
Classic Vic Sage Question back.
Booster Gold/Blue Beetle duo reunited again.
Green Arrow/Green Lantern team-up like the old Neal Adams times.
Batgirl/Supergirl team-up

I forgot, I want The Flash family back ;_;

>Favourite series?

Superman. And flintstones, if it counts.

>Hopes and wishes?

New gods and shazam series. Superhero team ups in batb/hth style. Also I want more multiverse stuff.

>Favorite series so far?
Probably Hal's book, Red Hood, Green Arrow, Deathstroke and New Super-Man. Cyborg was surprisingly entertaining. Others are either OK for me or I didn't read them yet.
>New ongoings
Justice League International.
>minis
Grifter and Zealot
Blue and Gold
Hawkman and Atom
Mister Miracle and Barda
The Brave and the Bold feat. Hal and Barry
Some mini with Hal and Ollie
>characters would you like to see returning
Uh... Booster Gold. Only he's missing for me in Rebirth.
>lore elements you want back
Can't think of anything.

>> Favorite series?
Superman

>> Biggest Disappointment?
1.) Wonder Woman, it's very good but I hyped it up way way too much before hand.
Perfect Artist with Sharp & I fucking loved Rucka on Punisher & Batwoman.
And it's really really just not wowing me at all.
Add to that the disrespect to Cho and the whole thing just brought me way down.
2.) The Sand Nig being on Justice League instead of Mister Miracle.

>> Hopes
-- Martian Manhunter series with Ivan Reis on art.
Or
-- New Gods series or Miracle/Barda series that deals with Barda's status quo after Darkseid War. With Ivan Reis on art.
-- Liam Sharp stays on Wonder Woman a long time unless Rucka starts pushing social justice.
-- If he does not stay on WW then I want him on Aquaman or something with Martian Manhunter.

>favorite series
Red Hood
Batman (didn't really like the first arc or the crossover, but can't wait for the next arc)
Superman
New Super-Man
Trinity
Green Lanterns

>hope and wishes
Maybe Shazam ongoing.

Actually, yeah, you'd think that Booster would have a role in the shenanigans what with time and space. Wouldn't surprise me if he's stuck out of time like Wally was.

Speaking of time, [Spoiler]do you think Extant and Parallax ever invite Manhattan to dinner?[/spoiler]

>Favorite series so far?
Deathstroke
>hopes
none whatsoever
>wishes
Deadman, Adam Strange/Hawkman and Vigilante to be good.
Better artist for Deathstroke
King paired up with a great artist for another mini/ongoing
More Young Animal titles

Maybe he got captured again but this time it's Mister Oz?
And I think that Manhattan is way above both Extant and Parallax.

New Super-Man is great. Everything else is either just okay, downright bad, or I'm not interested in it.
I'd love to see Vic Sage come back. Have him team up with Renee Montoya and give them each other to play off. Hell, I wouldn't mind if they were BOTH the Question. I really liked 52.
Also, give Diana a daughter and complete the Kid Trinity.

Maybe, but part of me loves the notion of the three of them chilling in an extra-temporal apartment eating pizza and wings.

>tfw they count who killed more of their friends

>Favorite series so far?
Deathstroke. Priest is bringing back everything good about Slade and I can't wait for the second arc to see the full potential of this run

>Hopes and wishes?
Resurrect Superbro( but not as the main Superman) before the confrontation with Manhattan and while they are at it bring back Superboy Prime too( I miss his autistic rage)

>New ongoings, minis, characters would you like to see returning, lore elements you want back
I'd like Gleason on Supersons. I'm quite satisfied with the current output, but I'm sure there will be some interesting minis in the future.

>Better artist for Deathstroke
But Carlo is awesome.
What he needs is a better colorist.

>Favorite series so far?
Detective Comics

>Hopes and wishes?
Swamp Thing ongoing when?

>Favorite series
Titans. The Lantern titles are pretty cool too.
>Hopes and wishes
Better artist for Titans. And I want Two-Face back. Yeah, I know he's (probably) kill, but still.

>Favourite series so far
Deathstroke and Sixpack & Dogwelder have been the best. Deathstroke has been great and the last issue of Sixpack & Dogwelder was Ennis at his best.
Then there's WW: year one and new Superman, which are good as well. Waiting to see how Supergirl develops. Liked the first issue better than what I expected.

>Hopes and wishes
I wish the rest would pick up too. Most are mediocre and generic, with more fan service than decent writing. I wish the minis are good.

>New ongoing, characters, minis
I wish they have King, Ennis, Priest, Russel and Yang write something more.

Lois had some shitty writing in New 52, but I'd much rather have writers stumbling than the completely safe bland Lois she is at the moment. She's there to feel 'comfy' and be Superman's humanity as if he's incapable of it without her.

>And I want Two-Face back. Yeah, I know he's (probably) kill, but still.
You missed All-Star Batman?

She's a mom now. She settled and is no longer the hot shot she was when Clark met her. She still has her snappy personality, she just has different responsibilities and interests. No longer on the tail of a big scoop, now more concerned with keeping her Supermen in check.

>Ending this shitty "Superman and his family as strangers from another universe" status quo and estabilish Superdad as this world's Superman, with Batman, Wonder Woman and his entire cast remembering him.

That's the only good part about Superman right now

She has always been shitty, user. Outside of Rucka' run, she has always been portrayed as either inoffensive or a girrrlpower Mary sue.

She was interesting in Lois and Clark.

>favorite series
Red Hood and the Outlaws

>hopes
Nothing

Superman

Lois becoming a domestic housewife without ambition is depressing as hell.

Fuck that, spitfire Lois who works the same dangerous stories as Clark without superpowers to make it easy is great. From the very beginning, Lois Lane didn't take shit from anybody and threw herself in danger's way to take down bullies and expose the truth.

Her superpower is being a woman, because showing a woman with flaws would be sexist.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Yeah. Yeah, I did.

Well, now I know what I'm gonna read next.

You're crazy. It's a bad status quo.

Jimenez needs to hurry up with the fakeout death and bring back Super Lois already

Jurgens has already said Lois is'nt going to sit on the sidelines playing comfy supermom, she's going to be investigating the new Clark Kent

>Favorite series so far?
Deathstroke, by far

I have been surprisingly intrigued by HJGLC so far (pls don't fuck up the end to this arc and go back to your horrible GL ways, Venditti), and New Super-man is pretty great

>Hopes and wishes?
JSA (and dear god, not by Humphries)
LOSH
Shazam & family
Something with Hawkman and Hawkgirl assuming he doesn't die for real in that mini
a Flash/GL team up with Hal and Barry

That's not happening. They already modified the cover to Superwoman#3 to really nail that she's gone

Also, ROFL, people missing N52 Lois after shittalking about her the whole time just shows how bi-polar Cred Forums is. Same with the Superbro "fans" who suddenly pretended they liked him

Snyder's All-Star, btw.

1. Green Arrow
2. Superman
3. Action Comics
4. Green Lanters
5. Detective Comics

Hopes and wishes?
N52 Barbera Gordon is revealed as a fake and Dick remembers he's married to Orcale via Convergence. Also hoping for a Damien/BB/Raven triangle in Teen Titans

>That's not happening. They already modified the cover to Superwoman#3 to really nail that she's gone
there's no way she's not coming back after Jimenez has been telling all those salty Loisfags that he understands the concern and to be patient

I don't miss New 52 Lois' writing, but unceremoniously killing her off is messed up. She at least is getting a proper eulogy in Superwoman though.

Yeah, but that is Jurgens and Action Comics.

More interested in Tomasi and Gleason. They already established Lois and Clark signing up to work for the local paper.

Can see Lois getting back to her old ways if and when she lands the job.

>all this deathstroke love
Good, very good.

Nobody cares about Jurgens.

I want to care because of Lex and his awesome suit. But, I can't bring myself to. Maybe I'll check it out when the first volume drops next year.

I want to see more of the magic/fantasy characters back. At the moment all that corner of the DCU has in Rebirth is Hellblazer.

I don't want them as a Justice League Dark-style team book though - that was the worst of the new 52 magic/fantasy titles. A Swamp Thing ongoing would be the obvious next step.

I like you. The fantasy side of the DC universe is pretty much unused at this point, especially with Wonder Woman and Aquaman focussing more on the cape and human interaction sides of the characters. Something like Swamp Thing or a revamped Demon Knights might work as starting points.

Deathstroke, Batman, and Six Pack + Dog Welder: Hard Traveling Heroes are my two favorites right now, but I'm reading all of DC rebirth and its all good. Even the insufferable Harley Quinn.

>Favorite series so far?
New Super-Man
Deathstroke
Titans
Nightwing
Cyborg

>Hopes and wishes?
Power Girl gets rid of the S shield

>New ongoings, minis,
Firestorm, Plastic Man, Captain Marvel (""""Shazam""""), Power Girl ongoings

>characters would you like to see returning,

Louise Lincoln as Killer Frost
Gentlemen Ghost
Circe
Lagoon Boy
Bunker
Kid Devil
Green Lantern villains that aren't just different colored lanterns (like Dr. Polaris)
Stargirl

And others I'm forgetting

>Hopes and wishes?
>Amethyst reboot, just read Basara and make it like that
>Blackhawks reboot, make them a modern day Private Security/PMC already
>Martian Manhunter series that is basically a semi-comedic take on American Secrets where J'onn joins the Human Defense Force and basically works as MIB (the Will Smith kind) for the goverment, solving problem with alien turists going to Disneyland, alien drug dealers trying to sell their goods to rich partyheads and those damn Cairinians stealing our jobs
>Vic Sage Question series that basically reads like somebody spent all day watching the play list on Infowar's youtube channel and browsing /x/ and said "Ok, now what if this bullshit was actually true tho?"
>A new Arion series that reads like a Conan story if Conan had roled a wizard instead of a fighter.
>The Brave and Bold series with a rotating cast just to re-introducing new version of the old characters in the new Rebirth continuity (maybe save that for after the inevitable Crisis once Manhattan reveals himself).
>New L.E.G.I.O.N series about Brainiac 2 keikaku'ing the galactial powers of the DCU and getting paid only to then give up the money and become a good guy
>Green Lantern: Emerald Crusade, once the Green Lantern Corps are back on track and in charge of things, John Stewart decides to led a campaign to bring order back to the Vega System and free it from the Spider Guild and the Citadelians after being asked informed of the of the Omega Men's plight by Kyle
>Shazam
>Fucking Justice Society, in the main Earth with the old version of the fucking character, none of that Earth-2 society bullshit where they are all dead.

Did everyone forget that Hellbat-Lois was a thing?

Still waiting for DC to unfuck Cassandra Cain. It's been ten years already motherfuckers. Get to it.

Why would they, she and her fans are shit.

You are shit and so is the entirety of post-2005 DC.

>being a characterfag
>being a characterfag of a character this minor
>implying you aren't just a waifufag who pretends to read comics

End your life.

Tec! So much Tec! (Though Wondy is pretty darn close, and Birds of Prey is great!)

>being a Batcharacterfag at that
Pretty much everyone else who characterfags is at least able to roll with the punches, but these people get mad if their pet redundant, supporting Batcharacter doesn't have an ongoing and ten cameos in other titles every month.

>>being a characterfag of a character this minor

Literally most important female character DC has.

That isn't a pic of Harley

Tec is fucking trash and its writers should be shot.

I've been out of the comic book loop for most of the year so could I hop on any Rebirth title without having to read any previous books to know what's happening? And how bad the SJW shit in the new Green Arrow?

Is supergirl any good?

I was really excited about Flash but it's been a little dull so far; hopefully it'll pick up after the first story arc. I want them to fix the Rogues and bring back the Flash Family.

Suicide Squad's been pretty good too.

I want Multiversity 2.

And please no confontation against Manhattan.

that's coming in the form of OGNs

>could I hop on any Rebirth title without having to read any previous books to know what's happening?
yes, all the #1 issues and Rebirth one shots were designed to be jumping on points

the one exception to that might be Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps but it recaps what happened

>And how bad the SJW shit in the new Green Arrow?
It's Green Arrow, take a guess

Mostly.
Superman and the Green Lantern books have a bit of stuff you should know, but you'll be fine if you just roll with it.

And from what I understand, it's not as bad as it sounded.

Synergy Squad is one of the worst DC books.

They're getting a Christmas special, so there's hope

Wait for her Action Comics arc.

I like how Williamson writes Barry in it enough to look past the fact that it's retreading "evil speedster" plot for the millionth time.