Puppet Master Storytime

In honor of Halloween, let's celebrate one of the most fun horror franchises out there.

This is Puppet Master.

Other urls found in this thread:

puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Tunneler
puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Drill_Sergeant
puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Drac
youtube.com/watch?v=uxJUzJuZIU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I ironically like and read this.

>Lemme throw a leech at him!

End of issue 1

Issue 2

And they all leave and get the police?

lol of course not

Are you me?

Do they have mobile phones? They could call for help.

It's a fucking Drill Sargent

oh fuck

No, it's Tunneler.

Drill Sergeant is a much better name though and they should really retcon it.

puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Tunneler
puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Drill_Sergeant

issue 3

Sorry. Im not familar with the series so I thought they were all nameless puppets. Drill Sargent is much better than Tunneler though.

>Im not familar with the series

Well, then I suppose some introductions are in order. Check this page out.

Bless you user for storytiming this, but those are some garbo names for them. Except maybe Pinhead and Decapitron

you know I've always kind of thought that maybe they don't call him Drill Sergeant, even though he has a drill for a head and dresses like a sergeant, for some screwy copyright reasons.

Sort of like how they couldn't call a Waspinator repaint Bumblebee in Transformers, or have to call transforming "converting." In those cases if the name is something too generic then you can lose claims on the name.

Then when they made Retro Tunneler, who doesn't dress like a sergeant, they could call him Drill Sergeant.

I dunno though. I've never understood it.

So is Jester a bro puppet? He seems like chill/mischief

We failed to protect you from harm, please except this full refund.

Sometimes, kind of? It's weird. He's the most sympathetic one at least.

One thing about the series is that even though they're all one storyline, characterizations vary all over the place as they add and remove stuff, so sometimes Jester helps people and sometimes he's a schemer who kills people with traps.

There's also a thing where the puppets will follow the orders of the Puppet Master right up to some arbitrary breaking point, and even though they're sometimes good guys they also get super murderous and go wild.

nice digits btw

lol

aaand that's the end of the first arc.

Stick around, because this next arc is kind of a blast. Suicides, hamburgers, sex, and a brand new puppet!

Issue #4

You have to die some time dear, do you plan on him spending eternity in your coffin?
I'm not judging just asking.

and here he is- a new puppet!

I'm pretty sure all of these were seen in one of the movies in the background, but here they're actual characters.

puppet-master.wikia.com/wiki/Drac

He had no other option to escape the nazis? In the US?

One thing about the Puppet Master series is that it's very comic bookey. More so than most horror movies. There's costumed antiheroes with crazy powers, continuity wank, and evil world ending bad guys to fight.

And boy does this arc revel in all of that. I like it a lot.

I like full moon movies. They used to publish their own comics

I love this guy.

yeah I don't have any of those old ones. If you can find 'em by all means post them somewhere because I'd love to get ahold of them.

Issue #5

we human nao

So they're not inherently evil right? Just bound to do what their master orders them to do (to a certain point where they get Asimov Puppet Laws) Because I really want them to just live out in their new bodies.

In the latest issue they are shown as good because now a kid with a wooden leg is now their owner.

Yeah the souls of the people are all good (Decapitron is Toulon, Blade is a surgeon who helped them, Leech Woman is his wife, etc.)

The Puppet Master will make them do evil, but I believe the nature of the puppet magic is what makes them do nasty things and go crazy. Toulon said earlier that they lose control sometimes.

I really like the puppets being able to talk. They're pretty much the main characters of the movies, yet we rarely get their perspective.

!

six shooter is such a slick motherfucker

!!

>you want to breath
Jesus fucking Christ, every time.

meant for

UH OH

somebody needs to cut the panels at the bottom of into a reaction image

youtube.com/watch?v=uxJUzJuZIU4

Issue #6

rip :(

Bump

Pinhead confirmed heart of gold.

Jester vs Jester trap battle

Behind you!

oh noooo

Bad news.

New puppetfu

aaaaand that's the end of the second arc!

I'll pick up the rest tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Next time, we'll pick up with the puppets serving their ultimate nemesis. I wonder what he's go in store for them?

Thanks OP. I didn't see the movies but this was fun.

You definitely should give them a shot. They're all at least watchable (save for the clipshow movie and Demonic Toys.) The first one is legitimately excellent.

Have a nice night OP. it was genuinely a good read and I'll be back tomorrow for more.

>continuity wank

There is practically no continuity to the Puppet Master films, dude.

Like, one movie Leech Woman is burned to death, then she's alive, then she's gone, one moment Torch is there, then he isn't, one movie ends with them going to a home for retarded children with a new puppet master, but then they're back at the hotel in the next movie...

They made a whole clip movie to try and fix that shit and STILL couldn't do it.

Leech Woman was only "killed" off-camera due to studio meddling.