Why don't girls like comicbooks anymore?

Why don't girls like comicbooks anymore?

Most of them never did?

Comics don't fawn over them and give them praise for non-existent accomplishments.

Soaps killed off the romance genre.

they are not made for girls anymore

Girls like comics. Here's a comic that girls read, for example. It's very popular among girls right now. Millions of girls have read it. I'm not exaggerating, sales are in the millions.

Less than 0.1% of Cred Forums has read it. Less than 1% of Cred Forums has even heard of it.

Girls are reading comics, but you don't hear about those comics (or those girls) on Cred Forums because Cred Forums is only interested in Marvel and DC.

Oh well.

Why is Murdoc so green now, is he literally just rotten?

socially discouraged from a young age by other girls

women are much. much more socially minded than men, so being outside the clique can really mess with your head as a kid, it's much more rewarding to be part of the clique and follow the trends than defy them and be a loner

I like comics. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to get into them. Where do I start? What comics should I read? And ect etc

I was given 3 new teen titans volumes as a gift 2 years ago from a family member.

It's not that girls don't like comics, it's that girls aren't interested in superheroes. I know lots of girls who read stuff like archie's sonic the hedgehog, those steven universe comics, the short lived fraggle rock series... They just don't care for capes.

Wasn't there a fuckhuge Marvel push for more girl-oriented comic book series a couple years ago that gave us shit like She-Thor and fucking Gwenpool?

they do.
they just don't talk about it because of gatekeepers.

They moved to video games because they have more success stiring up shit

Yes, that's his thing since he is the oldest of the gang.

Girls read comics more than they have since the mid 20th century.

Most girls and women I know prefer manga because of all the genres. In North America, comics are stereotyped as all superhero. Nowadays though more variety is coming up. I pretty much exclusively read Archies, DC Bombshells, and Jem and the Holograms.

That's popular with literal girls, as in elementary and middle schoolers.

And they were successful sales wise.

I think this comes pretty close to the problem. I know a lot of my buddies fell to the same issue, but practically in reverse. It makes me wonder if there's any possible way to get kids to just accept their interests and naturally fall into groups of friends rather than constantly succumbing to peer pressure.

I doubt it seeing how even when it was practically beat into our heads to "be our own person and dont succumb to peer pressure" only the most autistic of us were the ones that actually listened and managed to achieve any form of contentment with ourselves.

I tried to look at a manga earlier today. It's just too much and not enough at the same time, but that's how I feel about comics in general

>I'm here for cartoons

> It makes me wonder if there's any possible way to get kids to just accept their interests and naturally fall into groups of friends rather than constantly succumbing to peer pressure.
yeah it's called the internet, kids are much better off in that respect now

Do you actually think women are on a mission to actively destroy things you enjoy?

Hence why those two are still running, but like most things the sales numbers don't directly account for the actual quality of the product. Both of them have some pretty fucking terrible writing, with the artwork saving it from being shitcanned like Squirrel Girl was.
In the case of female Thor the catch was all about who this new Thor was. All the characters were going "Who is this woman calling herself Thor, why is she doing that, and how did she come into being?" It was supposed to lend some mystery in a genre where the reader usually knows everything that's happening. And then it turned out to nobody's surprise that She-Thor was in fact everybody's first fucking pick which is Jane Foster. And THEN they found out how she came into wielding Mjolnir and the mantle and people were already forgetting her.
Also weren't those sales numbers just for the first couple of issues?

Did they succeed? Tbqh, the only reason I know of Thor was because of the uproar around her. Gwenpool and SpiderGwen are more popular but I still don't know what Gwenpool even is. I just know she's Gwen with Deadpool...'s powers?

I am surprised how popular DC Bombshells is with female audiences. I thought it was just fanservicey bait like the statues but it's actually well-written, well-drawn, and very nice. It's probably seen as a 'Tumblr comic' though due to all the lesbians, bi girls, bright colors, etc.

Yes
Are you naive enough to not see that they clearly are when the evidence is all around you?
Are you too blind to see how comics, cartoons, vidya, etc. are being destroyed by SJWs?
Or do you just try to pretend It's not happening in hopes that It'll go away?
Or are you an SJW yourself doing damage control?
Or perhaps you're just a shitposter?

I honestly feel like it is the case sometimes. They LOVE suffering & drama it's their equivalent of football. I'm not even joking, I have a hard time thinking of even one fandom where women are active that doesn't have either a gay romance drama, a tortured character or a character they fantasize en masse to be a "martyr".

Not at all I just think alot of them are just looking for a spotlight and attention ... I don't hate women or anything ... It's just in their nature ... Not even saying all are like that but some are and those are the ones you hear about

what a cute dog

Fucking lost

comics have too many words girls just like to doodle then deviantart

>too many words

Nigger aren't women the ones that are stereotyped as always reading those shitty thousand page novels and fanfics

Reading and writting them

This.

>be me
>be talented musician
>mother director of church music
>chooses awful Christian parodies and Christian rock
>Fill in from time to time
>bassist doesn't like me
>probably because he's ~52, and I passed him in bass talent in three years of playing
>bass isn't even my main instrument
>but this jerk in in charge of sound levels
>filling in on guitar
>he turns me half as high as everyone else
>he's done this before, and I've taken pictures of board to prove it
>talk to mother, she waves it off as he's forgetful
>wrong
>he's argued that I shouldn't play unless I've been coming to practices, but he's all exceited to get other people in, when they've never been to practice
>lowers the mixing board again
>call him out on it in front of everyone
>get home
>mother has talk with me about how 'I can't react like that"
>"I've told you about this before"
>"That's not the point here"

Anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that she's more concerned about how I embarrassed her than this scuzznut acting from his personal insecurities.

And my father wonders why I'm not nicer to my mother.

>inb4 you're overreacting, you autist
you don't know what it's like being raised by a alcoholic wannabe sorority girl.

Or maybe I've just been drinking and Cred Forums's the place I identify the most with nowadays.

Look on the bright side, at least you're not that canadian girl that wants to fuck her dad

you know what would help you? 5 grams of shrooms

seems like your parents ruined god for you

sorry

sounds like a get the hell out of parents house as fast as possible situation

I don't think you're overreacting, the dude sounds like a prick, but it bugs me that you consider yourself "talented" while trying to greentext.

You're confusing me with Willis. Maybe I'm on /lit/ too much, but I've lost respect who treat a God as their personal genie if they only pray hard enough.

Hwo'd the shrooms help?

I'm out. My mother hated it. Still wants me to come over on weekends
>be me
>be drinking
>got a double major in math/econ in four years from a school where people spend 5-6 on a single degree
>32 ACT (98th percentile), first try, no prep
>speak three languages in 'murrica
>taught myself six instruments
>read over 900 wpm
>posting on website which has format for telling stories in certain way, because I have nothing else going on in my life

You should get a pet

Go blog somewhere else.

How many times has this thread been reposted? Didn't you get your answer the first time, user?

Some of the people in this thread should really plan ahead for dying alone.

here.
I'm happy for you but all that you said is as irrelevant as was the "talented" bit. We don't know really that for we don't have proof nor we should really care so it just comes out as an arrogant bit about yourself.

>>leave for work at 7 am
>get back at 7 pm
i Don'think that'd bef air to the dog

ok.

Night /co. See you all tomorrow.

Fuck off.

>>>leave for work at 7 am
>>get back at 7 pm
kek, I'm the same boat
I ended up getting one of those fishes that fights against mirrors

Get a cat then nigga. So long as they have food, a scratching post and a place to sleep they don't give a fuck

>this
or like a cage/tank animal, some of them are pretty cool and are low maintenance as fuck

oh, sorry. I WAs trying to say it's hard to have common ground with a woman who's content to just drink and gossip all day when you're not interested in people.

(OP)
>implying comics were ever successfully marketed towards girls
>implying writers know what girls want to read about
(see that black canary 'science is a hobby nowadays' page, squirrl gurl, or whatever. Check bait threads
>didn't pepper ann have something on this subject?

anyways, comics aren't really a social hobby. you can discuss with others, but you read alone, unless you're totally gaaaaaay.
TV's better suited for a larger demographic than comics because it can be a social thing, have people over and drink during some premier or whatever.

here again.
Now THAT explaination is more level headed, and indeed it can be hard. but hey we're here already and we made it though to an extent so that's something.

He's been growing into a monster since he made a pact with the devil.

Nope, girls actually did read comics once upon a time. During the Silver-Age, comics like Super girl were extremely popular with, well, girls. Once the Bronze/Dark Age hit though, comics started to pander exclusively to collectors and hobbyists, effectively driving out anyone else to this day.

Does it really make that much of a difference the fact that it's not a social activity?
Don't girls know the concept of me-time?

Yeah I'd say they never really did. Then again I was born in the 80s and raised in the 90s. So my observations have been from this time period. Knowing what I know now about women, I'd say they don't read comics because it's not a widely socially acceptable thing to do.

The stereotype of comics being "for nerds" aka for social outcasts, keep them away from the medium because they want to avoid being associated with anything the mainstream crowd views as negative (basically not sexually attractive) as much as they try and being associated with anything the mainstream crowd views as positive (being sexually attractive, like sexy hunky male stars playing heroes).

>Inb4 WAH Cred Forums and /r9k/ and autismo!

See and for the same line of thought. I just add the element that subconcious sexual selection plays a part too. IRONICALLY every dude I know who reads actual comics in real life is actually not your stereotypical nerd at all. I've know dudes that get mad pussy who read comics because they just don't give a fuck what girls think.

Girls do read Big 2 comics but they are all fat fujos who just want to make the male characters fuck each other and that's the only reason they read them.

Yes.

Never under estimate toxic female jealously. If they see someone enjoying something that doesn't relate to them -- they want that thing destroyed.

Combining these two posts reasoning, let me ask. How come they don't do this shit with football or contact sports? Why do women and the SJWs always hurl these complaints at these "nerdy" hobbies, but not at these more mainstream ones? Two hypothesis.

First, they don't actively participate in those hobbies so they don't care. That's the more innocent one.

Second, the more sinister option, because sports are socially acceptable and have good looking males committing violence, which women don't have a problem with and being the weak cowards they are, won't stand up to actually violent males, but will pretend to stand up to fictitious violent males.

No you're right. I often found growing up my mom was more concerned with other random people's opinion of her as a parent and than actually parenting or doing anything useful for her own children.

She became an alcoholic and would make every excuse to justify spending all her money partying like a teenager instead of feeding us.

>They moved to video games because comic cucks already bent over and accepted the diversity and cultural enrichment in one full thrust.

Most of them don't. There are a lot of loner girls too, but not as much as men and everyone knows women are more social beings in general.

Some of them, for sure. It's no secret, they say it out loud.

They don't

I read both this and Drama a few years ago. I lived them both.

Move out, you cry baby. Fuck em all and start a band.

Does ANYBODY anymore?

B...but I'm a grill, anons.

No, seriously, living Ina third world country, it's rarer to find girls who likes to read comic books. Erase that. It's hard to find people who likes to read at all. The televison and the cinema is considered a luxury and easy entertainment. Reading is just to taxing.

As for the girls, comics just does not interest them at all. For those that reads though, they would rather bury their heads on mangas and novels.

>Cred Forums is only interested in shitposting about Marvel and DC.
ftfy

I read this in like 6th grade, along with Bone and Yotsuba, which were among the only comics my middle school library had.
It was alright

That reminds me of when I played trumpet in the church band. The older guy who played trumpet was really fucking good, like good enough he really thought about going to college for trumpet. He didn't, he's actually a physician's assistant but he still practices a lot. Anyway, the music director called him out in practice one time for going overboard with improvisations or something.

Basically we were just given the chords of songs and were supposed to play simple stuff along with the rest of the band. Occasionally he would do something that would call more attention to him but sound good. If you're not gonna let the trumpet player do anything exciting every now and then, what's the point of having them?

>How come they don't do this shit with football or contact sports?

>someone was assblasted enough to draw this

Suppress opposition with violence. Fascism in a nutshell, folks.

Anecdote from my job, (high school teacher)

>Lesson over, roughly 3 minutes left
>Ask students "Any comic fans in the room?"
>No answers, ignore the question, theyre all jonesing for their phones back (I put them in a thing I built called "The Hive"
>Class ends
>Few hours later a handful students walk into my room afterschool
>"We like comics, we just dont really want people knowing about that side of us, just in case"

Peer pressure definitely plays a part.

I'll take "shit that never happened" for 2 dollars, Alex

I don't get it.

>They wouldn't call me sexist if I was hot?

Girl read manga and webcomics. Or do you not consider those "comics" for arbitrary reasons? Also met a lot of women who read western comics, though you see a lot of reading variation outside of capes. Just because you haven't personally met them doesn't mean they're around.

You're probably only considering hot girls with stereotypical mainstream interests as girls. Figures. Not like something exists unless you want to stick your dick in it.

>They call me sexist because I'm not hot.

Pretty sure more girls like comics now than ever before. I've talked to a bunch who love Rebirth. The only comics they don't like are Marvel books that aren't about Kamala weirdly enough

They do read comics, just not as much capeshit.

Maybe girls were the patricians all along.

That's retarded.

Whoever made that comic is retarded.

That's a lovely argument.

>I lived them both
what do you mean?

Let me guess: mexico?

It's weird how Cred Forums always formulate these pseudo intellectual gender theories when faced with simple questions about the opposite sex rather than just the obvious answer.

Who's this Alex dude you keep referring to?

It's not an argument, it's an insult, you fucking retard.

I think they do, but it's very sparse. I've only ever met one girl who read comics. She read a lot of capeshit, but she also read a few good comics. She also claimed to like video games like Bioshock, but I found that dubious cause she never seemed to know much about the lore when I tried to discuss it with her. Not that I was drilling her or anything, I would ask her what she thought about some of the key plotpoints and she would try to change the subject. Anyway, ended up dating her for a bit, but that was a mistake. She definitely had some issues.

Not really, attractive people(both male and female) go through life on easy mode. Tina Fey calls it "the bubble".

A fictional character played by Tina Fey called it "the bubble" for humorous purposes in an episode of 30 Rock that purposefully exaggerated things- again- for comedic reasons.

Christ.

Truly, no one does pseudo intellectual better than Cred Forums.

Nope. Almost (I guess because of our histories with the spaniards), but not quite. I'm in south east Asia.

And the reason it ends up being funny is because it's rooted in reality, or are you really gonna argue that attractive people don't get "a pass" on certain things that regular joes and janes don't get?

It's human nature, nothing weird or sexist about it.

This, most girls never liked comics, and most of the ones that do got into it because they wanted to socialize with the guys who read comics. Then they started bitching about how there are no comics for girls, and a few decades down the line you now have a Bimbo Thor.

That was sarcasm.

This is why it's hard to have a decent conversation with them. Thier interest is so superficial that whenever I get hype and is in the mood for some discussion, I starts and ends with "she's so pretty and a badass"

Girls read a shit ton of comics. Honestly, I probably know more girls who read comics than guys. A lot of guys just read wiki summaries and pretend they're capeshit experts while girls read more comics but just don't talk about them much. Maybe it's because I'm in a college town, but I think Cred Forums doesn't see girls reading comics because they don't leave the house.

Me-time for some is make-up.

You can either buy comics or make-up to cover up blemishes so you don't get shit for being lazy/ugly/not good enough.

You could also argue it's a strength/power issue. I'm still confsued as to where this notion of "nerd" stuff being aggressively problematic and toxic. Yet you have stuff like rap/hip-hop which actively revels is being shitty to women and other people in general, and no one says a thing. But the comics industry is filled with spineless pussies, so it's easier to shout down at them.

They're reading manga, because comics don't know how to pander to them. The trick is never more women, but deepen the emotional bond between the men. If you wanted more women to read FF you don't make the team Sue, Jen, Medusa, and Crystal. You'll just alienate Johnny and Ben fans. You double down on Johnny and Ben bond and problems.

It sounds like someone needs to watch more Jeopardy!™, America's favorite game show!

Single mom?

That's not true.

This, you niggers only care about people if you want to cum inside of them.

OP, girls do like comics. They just like the ones you don't. Most of the girls I've met are more into manga that Western comics. I've met one chick at college who has entire room filled with X-Men comics, trades and omnibuses, among other DC and Marvel stuff, but mostly X-Men... and Teen Titans. Girls I've met who read capeshit love X-Men and Teen Titans.

Japanese girls/women are into more than just BL. Shoujo manga usually involves a female protagonist with a male love interest. The cast may or may not be predominantly female. There's also reverse harems. Then there's josei manga which is more like what you see in adult TV dramas.

lol

BAN ALL WOMEN! THEYRE JUST SJWS IN DISGUISE!

I care about my bros and my doggo, and I most definetely don't want to cum inside them

Dogs are great, but they aren't people.
Depending on if your penis gets hard seeing naked men, you probably could cum inside of your bros.

Well, if you're so adamant about it, we'll get right on it.

No, that's part of the social paradox and is extremely common with conservative families. People are selfish and care about how things make them look more than they care about intent and action.

Don't worry, I expect it.

I liked comics as a kid because it was 90% illustration and 10% text but it's just dumb now.

Spend 30 min on Cred Forums.

Who let /r9k/ in here?

To be fair, trying to understand gender dynamics isn't just a /r9k/ thing.

This, but unironically.

>but I still don't know what Gwenpool even is. I just know she's Gwen with Deadpool...'s powers?

Actually she doesn't have any real power. The only "power" she has is her vast knowledge of the Marvel universe from comic books in her universe, that universe being "the real world" or so she claims.

I think her comic book line also introduced a black teenager girl as the new Captain America and her first appearance was beating up Modok, who looked a lot like Donald Trump in the panels he appeared in, who's plan was using Mexican slaves to build some evil death ray or whatever.

That was Spider-Gwen, which takes place in an alternate universe where their version of Captain America was a genderbent Sam Wilson. Anyway, that has nothing to do with Gwenpool, who's only real 'power' is that she knows Marvel trivia and is hilariously delusional about her importance in Earth-616.

Eh, theres a few of them in my LCS now and then.

Dunno what they get, bu there they are.

Also Gwenpool isn't Gwen Stacy. She's Gwen Poole.

blimp

that doesn't even begin to make for an answer to his question.

Ghosts just came out. Check that one out.

You know bone is auctualy on the comic book legal defense funds list of most frequently chalenged books.

No one likes comic books anymore.

No, destroying it is just a side effect. They just crave attention and can't stand when men are giving their attention to something else. So they take that something else and try to make it all about them.

>How come they don't do this shit with football or contact sports?

Those men don't give a shit about their bitching. Comics and video games are full of betas who will listen and obey.

>rather than just the obvious answer.

Women can't read?

What do they challenge?

Smoking mostly
Http://cbldf.org/banned-comic/banned-challenged-comics/case-study-bone/

Every time i look at the banned comics list i feel disgusted.
I dont even like half of whats on the list but it still sickens me that people try to ban them.

The superheroines in them have uncommon body types.

Not many Thick superheroines many women can identify with.

>I can't identify with someone unless they're a tubby piece of shit like me

Get your shit together women

>The superheroines in them have uncommon body types.
You mean just like the males.

Didn't wrestling used to get at least some complaints?

Actually wrestling, and by wrestling I mean the WWE, is currently getting the SJW treatment.

It's just getting started tho