Luke Cage Spoiler Duscussion

Just watched it. Really enjoyed it. I'll save spoilers for in-thread, but let us know what you thought

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE
youtube.com/watch?v=bk67TqxQzGo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage_(TV_series)#Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_tie-ins
cbr.com/update-misty-knight-not-appearing-on-iron-fist/
theringer.com/luke-cage-black-conservative-f5be622daf67
youtube.com/watch?v=UD1eaRDY-q4
time.com/67092/baby-racists-survival-strategy/
youtube.com/watch?v=rq6qBb8Vr1w
youtube.com/watch?v=DnPivvjvleI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't like Luke Cage.

My nigga

Nigga, I am your brother > No, I am your father.

Just finished episode 4. Like it so far, but I cant help but feel like this plot is paper thin

WAIT
Correction
I should have said I don't like Luke Cage but the show was pretty good. I enjoyed it.

Thoughts:

Shades was a badass. I liked Juice a lot more than I thought I would and I'm glad he survived.

Cottonmouth really grew on me and I wish he'd been the overall antagonist.

Black Mariah really grew on me too. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow into the queenpin next season.

Misty's actress was good but they made her do stupid shit for the sake of the plot.

I felt some of the references to the broader MCU were really jarring.

The Wire cameos were great.

youtube.com/watch?v=FSWiMoO8zNE

Both named Luke.How did I not realize that?

Cottonmouth is the realistic, complex, morally abstract villian.

he was evil, but not super evil, just really fucked by his childhood.

"Diamondback" was an actual "super villian" in the fact he's completely nutbars, and it takes a really crazy nigga to be caught dead in that super-suit, shows just how much he wanted Luke dead and embarrassed.

>much he wanted Luke dead and embarrassed
Embarrassed by association, that his brother would go outside wearing such a lame suit.

That cheesy ass suit was my favorite part of the show for me.

I still have about 4 more episodes to go, but it feels really weirdly paced. Couple examples (spoilers below):

1. Cottonmouth learns about Luke Cage's past and threatens to reveal his criminal past unless he works for him. Luke decides to skip town but later doesn't have to because Cottonmouth's cousin kills him in a family fight.

2. Hey, remember that assassin that shot those alien bullets at Cage? That's actually the mysterious mob boss Diamondback that Cottonmouth was afraid of. He's apparently a real hands-on guy and likes to spout Warriors quotes and bible verses in place of being interesting. Also he's Cage's brother, probably. I mean, they front-load this guy with bad exposition.

3. I felt like the writers never really knew what to do with Cottonmouth. This guy was like the ghetto Luthor to Superman, but without the brilliance. He does do some clever asymmetrical moves against Cage like having his guys raid Harlem in retribution, but he doesn't do much else to harm Cage. His own fucking cousin has to suggest drowning, burning, or poisoning him -- all much more cheaper and efficient solutions than waiting on some guy's magic gun, but he never even tries those things. The writers tried to lay on some sympathy for Cottonmouth with flashbacks, but I didn't care too much by then. The guy was constantly shown as being disrespected by his peers and really, they had every right to do so. He's a brash asshole that doesn't stand up to other Netflix villains very well.

I love the blaxploitation flavor of the series, and I don't mind the long dialogue scenes, but it feels like it could have been better if they cut the series short by a few episodes. I have similar problems with Jessica Jones.

Thought it was pretty boring for a comic like Luke Cage. The plot felt really drawn out and generic without any kind of mystery or intrigue like DD & JJ had. And of all the villains they could have picked they went with a nightclub owner...

I was expecting something a little less gritty and realistic for this show desu. It felt like it did everything JJ and DD did, but did it worse.

A Heroes for Hire show would've been miles better. Colter had the charisma of a tabletop in this, needs Danny to bounce off of.

With the helmet on it reminded me of Constrictor.

I was actually wondering, with two snake named villains in the show, if a Serpent Society thing was in the works.

Amd I thought for half a second we'd get an actual Sam Rockwell/Justin Hammer cameo since Diamondback seemed to have a straight line to his tech.

Hamertech
>lame
Come on, dude

Top tier moments and characters:

Shades
Mariah Stokes
The callbacks to both Lukes and Misty's classic suits

The final fight might as well have had someone yell worldstar

Trash tier

The method man cameo
Its Night Nurse tries to save someone for 2 episodes!

But Diamondback was the villain. And it has way more cheese than grit.

I kind of see where you are coming from. I liked the show, but the blatant timing and plot similarities to DD and JJ structure wise was really irritating imo.

can cage take direct minigun fire?

His skin (and the subcutaneous skin) can deflect bullets, but he can still feel the force of something strong enough.

Minigun fire would probably knock him on his ass, at least.

That isn't even possible. JJ was terrible & had the worst pacing of any all the MCUs easy
I don't think, I've watched any JJ episode more than once desu.

Well, overall I liked it. Still, things that fucking sucked and damaged my over all enjoyment...

>Alien-material bullets that will soon be widely available any time they want to make Luke Cage vulnerable, because it was too hard to think around his abilities.
>Misty being a dumbass through most of the show.
>Cage piercing bullets.
>Claire having such a large role and being Luke's love interest.
>Bullets that can hurt Luke, and it likely being widely known they exist thanks to how publicized his manhunt was.
>Luke being wholly altruistic by the end, so unlikely to be a Hero for Hire.
>Luke going back to jail at the end.
>Fucking Judas bullets.

Luke has one thing. One fucking thing. He can STAND while even Captain America and the other mortal and unarmored heroes have to duck or run for cover. Except, not in the MCU, because any clip could contain Judas bullets if there is even a whiff they might be facing him.

Finished it just now. Real niggerkino

nigga*

I thought it was neat that Judas bullets are essentially bolter shells from Warhammer 40k. Not saying it was deliberate, but my nerd brain noticed the similarity.

I really want the Serpent Society to be a thing. But instead in a Cap movie with Madame Hydra.

I got so excited when I saw Diamondback kill that one guy at the meeting with the knife. And The bullets weren't working that well and I was hoping, PRAYING. Please sonic emitting throwing knives, please exploding knives and other gimmick knives.

Black Mariah had such a great idea about drowning him or poisoning him. And having like a steet gang coming up with crazy fucking Bond villain traps Luke gets tricked into the rest of the show would have been fun.

>>Luke going back to jail at the end.
Bob found the files and Matt is gonna be his lawyer. He would be fine.

>Luke has one thing. One fucking thing. He can STAND while even Captain America and the other mortal and unarmored heroes have to duck or run for cover. Except, not in the MCU, because any clip could contain Judas bullets if there is even a whiff they might be facing him.

Well, it would be hard to making stories for him without these bullets. He is doing great in comics but I think they take this direction because limited villains and screentime etc. I am not that fan of it but these bullet explosions, Claire and that doctor saving him were awesome.

I might have liked them more if they initially did nothing on impact, and the damage came from the concussive force of the explosions. But having them actually pierce? It pretty much renders Luke toothless in any fight the enemy may know he is coming, and adds unwanted tension to gun fights which should just be fun while watching Luke.

If I want to watch a hero fear bullets, ALL the other Defenders are better for that theme. Luke is supposed to be the Thing of the team.

That dawned on me too, after a while.

Every time I heard Diamondback I was getting my hopes up.

So where does this put us in a general technology level in MCU?
That hammersuit, obviously not a snazzy as an Ironmon suit, must be mass producible and have some kind of military contract in the works.

Since we're giving random opinions that won't matter in a hour or two, I might as well give my own.

Overall this was fantastic show. In many ways, it was the opposite of DD SE1: it was more plot/story heavy, with sprinkled in bits of action. Most of the characters felt pretty fleshed out and evolved by the end, (except for Diamondback who I felt was introduced too late in the season, but I'm glad he's more than likely coming back.) and I surprisingly like fair bit of 'em. I'm not a Cred Forums expert, so I can't give an opinion on the way it was shot, the light, or the choreography, but the music was awesome as well. Some of the scenes that felt like they would've been boring were suddenly uplifted when the track played. The overall story was surprisingly easy to follow without relying on lore too much, and made sense.

Individually, my favorite character would have to be Misty or Cottonmouth. Luke was pretty good too, but I felt the actor occasionally droned through his lines--- it was a bit awkward when this happened and another actor was in direct contrast when speaking.

There are probably a few other pet-peeves, but I can't remember them right now. I'd rank this around DD SE1, but not better (action always keeps me entertained more). Though, I can see why a few people may not like it; it's tonally different than the rest of the Netflix shows so far.

I liked the super suit. It managed to both resemble his comic look and also not look completely stupid. When I saw the still set photos, I thought it was trash, but it somehow worked in motion.

>I'm not a Cred Forums expert
So you aren't a shitposter? That is great.

It seems like an intentional downgrade after what happened with the suits in Iron Man 2 and the Patriot armor in 3. Something that just enhances and protects soldiers without a computer that can be hacked. Doesn't need an Arc reactor to power it. Probably cheaper to produce.

>Bob found the files and Matt is gonna be his lawyer.
And/or Foggy now that he's on Hogarth's legal team for superheroes.

I felt bad for Zip.

>Black Mariah had such a great idea about drowning him or poisoning him. And having like a steet gang coming up with crazy fucking Bond villain traps Luke gets tricked into the rest of the show would have been fun.

Fucking this. Literally waited at least one episode about her ideas. Who knows? Maybe we can see something like it in the future.

Matt would be better for The Defenders show build up but yeah what you are saying is still possible.

Not all hope is lost, we still have King Cobra, Rattler, Anaconda, Constrictor, Bushmaster, and Death Adder available

Speaking of lead ups, Claire grabbing that number for martial arts lessons when Iron Fist is coming up is so tongue in cheek, I got a chuckle out of that.

There were a lot of Boardwalk Empire and Wire cast members in it, I half expected Michael K Williams to stroll through the background.

"Will Luke escape from Black Mariah's dastardly trap? Find out next week! Same Power Time, same Power Channel!"

Speaking of Defenders, is it confirmed to be a mini-season with 4 eps?

I had enough of her 2bh. But Claire is gonna be the connecting line for the other 4 main characters. Well we will see.

>Black Mariah's trap fails
>ohgodno.jpg
>Another trap idea comes to her mind suddenly
>evillaugh.mp3

No doubt that's gonna be part of that show, unless Luke Cage S2 happens first.

The music was shit.

>big black guy fighting people
>no X Gonna Give it to Ya

>called Powerman
>no Powerman 5000

>fights cops
>no Fuck Da Police

>goes to prison
>no House of the Rising Sun

>no Queen anywhere
>not even Bohemian Rhapsody

Oops, deleted that post by mistake.

>Will Luke escape Black Mariah' death trap? Find out next week! Same Power Time, same Power Channel!

>>fights cops
>>no Fuck Da Police
He literally fucked a cop. I think that is enough.

>He literally fucked a cop.
I'm still mad.

That's Danny's girl!

Eh, the Judas rounds are supposedly made of this rare and expensive alien metal. They'll run out.

>Claire having such a large role and being Luke's love interest.

Claire was Luke's original love interest in the comics. I definitely liked that better than her and DD or Luke and Misty. I was hoping that by the end, Luke and Claire would turn Pop's into a clinic.

I definitely liked it. Wish there was more of a payoff at the end. Luke is good. I like the character but Mike Colter sometimes delivers his lines like someone learning to read.

Cottonmouth was great. Black Mariah was pretty good.
The origin stuff was fantastic. Episode 4 was probably the best.
Claire Temple is always a good character.
Misty was great. I fell in love by the end. I really hope she and Trish Walker go full comic book next time we see them.
Speaking of Trish, I loved her radio appearance and the Hammer Tech references but was really disappointed in the complete lack of cameo/crossover.

the issue is that they can pull them out at any time they can't be bothered to write out a good situation.

Now they are eskimo brothers, user.

Thread theme.
youtube.com/watch?v=bk67TqxQzGo

Luke has been pulling so much tail in these shows I was half expecting him to get a three way going with Claire and Misty.

That isn't a cool thing to be. It's weird. Also probably offensive to Eskimos.

I would feel so weird if they will really have a relationship. And they will probably. Damn...

Fuck I loved that.

I think this is also the scene where I started to love Cottonmouth.

It's only weird if you let it be. Me and my friend have fucked the same woman in our group of friends. We still get on great, all around.

Man, that sounds disgusting. At least for me.

I'm so glad you have no ability to exercise creative control over this show. You almost had me at the start, but you trailed off immediately.

X Gonna Give It To Ya would have been cool, but it'd just feel like a retread of the Bring Da Ruckus scene.

Misty Knight isn't some woman in Luke and Danny's group of friends. She's Danny's long-term romantic partner.

People bitch about canon romances meanwhile Luke and Jessica are married in the comics, but that seems to be completely dumped here.

Well obviously Night Nurse 1 isn't going to stay in a relationship with any of them. Come time for Defenders, I'm sure they'll pick up where they left off.

And Jessica fucking the husband of the woman she killed. They are all going for drama like that or it will be just forgetten. They will still piss me of in any way.

Because it hasn't occurred yet. Luke has over 20 years of published stories before he even met Jessica.

Hope she will get killed somehow. Enough of her plot armor shit.

Doubt it, he had way more chemistry with Claire.

Fuck off. I like a qt show connector.

>her plot armor shit.
What?

After Defenders she will be no use to anything.

Fighting aganist Hand ninjas and not getting killed for a start. She is becoming basically Marvel's Felicitiy.

God I loved Cottonmouth so goddamn much. Actor must have adored his role.

>After Defenders she will be no use to anything.
She's starting to take a large interest in meta-human biology, she has a role to fill.

>both named Luke

God fucking damn it.

I feel like they pulled the 'Mariah was raped by her uncle' thing out of no where just to justify her killing Cottonmouth/finding a reason to get rid of Cottonmouth.

>I DIDN'T WANT IT!

What did she mean by this?

I'm really finding it hard to binge it, it's really fucking slow and boring. Cottonmouth was my favorite character and they killed him and I lost 80% of my drive to continue.

Then don't...derp

If I don't complete it, my autism will go haywire.

I think you will like Stryker. Thought about the same thing at the first time. But couldn't stop after watching one more episode. But damn, it was a good but hard twist.

There's absolutely no excuse for that POS design...

>Hammer Tech

There's a perfect excuse for that POS design...

When I saw Burrell, I thought "How long will it take before a Netflix Marvel show wastes another actor from The Wire?" The answer happened to be two episodes.

Yeah I also felt that. I didn't really care for the final episode either

I'd like to see Jessica just show up in Defenders pregnant. And because of that she's leaned up a little bit. And up until that point Claire and Luke are Happy as fuck. Then BOOM non boozing, getting her life together, slight belly bump Jess shows up. and fucks it all up.

Not done watching it, but the pacing really started to slow down towards the end I think. The beginning of the season was fantastic though.

I wasn't a huge fan of Diamondback. He seemed overacted to me. Mariah is kind of a flat actress. She's always just looking spaced out with a fake smile. Shades gets annoying with his shades. They seemed a bit over the top. Maybe that's what they were going for with these characters but I felt like they could've been more subdued in performance.

I really like Cottonmouth, I thought the actor was really good. Wish there'd be more of him. I felt like he was really carrying the show.

Jessica having a kid is what puts her off fighting crime, though.

So... like kryptonite?

Did we really need as many shootouts as we got? Kinda seems pointless with Cage

Superman is a lot more unstoppable than Luke.

DEATH TO ALL HOODIES

I don't think that's the point he was trying to make

I would cringe so hard if something like it happens

>Jessica having a kid is what puts her off fighting crime, though.

Does anyone here really have a problem with that?

I liked it but in the end I think it suffered from the same problem Jessica Jones had. There just wasn't enough plot to justify 13 episodes. I don't really see myself giving it a rewatch

I really liked that line because it's ambiguous. The most obvious answer is that she really was abused and the rest of the family looked the other way until she got sent to boarding school to end it. Or she was screaming and beating the shit out of Cotton because there was truth to his statement. Maybe it lies somewhere down the middle. They don't lay out an easy answer in the show.

That's real raw shit that I wasn't expecting from a Netflix superhero show.

Yo, so, 5 episodes in, I've got some complaints.

Why the heck did the decide to make Rafe . a bad guy? Racism? Because that was crap. Now who's supposed to Get mad at Misty for disregarding all her cop training and instincts when she goes all Daughters of the Dragon?

Shades being white is throwing the crap out of me, because outside of being a Seagate alumnus with a sunglasses fetish, he's wholly unlike the comics version, who wanted Cage to join the Black Gang in Seagate. And who broke out and once again tried to force Cage into teaming up with him (and Comanche) because he was a friggin moron.
Cage not being a New York native is weird to me, too.

Otherwise, enjoying it so far. Action scenes are fun if total squashes, Mike Colter plays a pretty chill Luke that still pretty much works. Rackham was as much a grotesque caricature in personality as he was in the comics, even if he looks a bit less like a melted Richard Nixon with gopher teeth.

So Pop's Barber Shop is gonna be the Heroes for Hire joint?

I loved the Alias comics, so yeah, I do.

No, but it's very relevant. There's no good way to write around Superman's powers, other than "lol magic". He needs an achilles heel.

Luke isn't all powerful. He can be stopped without his own kryptonite equivalent.

What the actual fuck are they going to do with JJ season 2, anyway.

That doesn't mean it's remotely likely to happen, they wouldn't start a teamup series with one of the characters retiring.

I thought it was pretty obvious that Luke would return to Harlem and turn the Barber Shop into Heroes for Hire HQ

>There's no good way to write around Superman's powers, other than "lol magic"

But Superman has villians that can just plain kick his ass

>Why the heck did the decide to make Rafe . a bad guy
It was a good twist actually imo. Still race thing really makes you think.

>Shades being white is throwing the crap out of me
Actor is Puerto Rican

It's a miniseries with 8 episodes

Explore how she got her powers, more Nuke, Defenders aftermath, and Trish becoming a hero.

I would have preferred this. Why even send him back to prison? We all know he's just going to get out for Defenders anyway. Seems like an unnecessary hurdle they set up for themselves.

>I loved the Alias comics

Please go see a doctor, I think there may be something severely wrong with you.

>With 8 episodes

Best news I've heard all day

Foggy dialogues, maybe 1 or 2 cases and of course mass producing red pills

I think they've already basically announced that they are going into IGH, by way of the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation in a very, very roughly adapted Power Broker story from Thing/Captain America.

Build up for Matt and Luke's relation

Yeah that was my one major problem.
They either should have just had him recover the folder after the dust settled and montage their way to him setting up the business OR just thrown in another episode.

I think as long as it follows its original themes of psychological/emotional abuse, it will do fine. Each Netflix series seems to have a range it goes for and tries not to overlap with the others.

Maybe season 2 follows its noir detective theme of Jessica wanting to save or redeem other abuse victims. Maybe she goes after the slave trade. That shit is dug deep in criminal circles, and is incredibly hard to dislodge.

Shades is best villain.

Nigga is smart and calm and gets shit done.

Because then you can have Matt or Foggy take up his defense and lead to a believable meeting of Luke Cage and Daredevil at the start of Defenders.

OII, JUICY BOOOII

>Actor is Puerto Rican

Still. Pale. Not really the Ghetto Cyclops he imagines himself to be in the comics.

Just watched the first three episodes. Does it get better? I'm really bored so far and the fight scenes aren't any good either.

>So where does this put us in a general technology level in MCU?
The way Cage beat him in the end, seem to imply that the suit actually absorbs damage to the suit by absorbing its impact energy to power itself. And that if you let it run too long without getting hit, it powers down. This is why Cage won after getting pelted without fighting back, because the suit ran out of juice. Remember that Hammer might not be able to fully replicate the arc reactor even though his company got the tech from Whiplash.

Way too fucking slow. It was somehow slower than Jessica Jones. Needed about 3-5 less episodes.

Calling them Eskimos is offensive to Eskimos. Literally slang calling them raw meat lovers. They're called Inuits, not Eskimos. Calling them Eskimo's pretty much the equivalent of calling an American a Burger.

>The writers tried to lay on some sympathy for Cottonmouth with flashbacks, but I didn't care too much by then. The guy was constantly shown as being disrespected by his peers and really, they had every right to do so. He's a brash asshole that doesn't stand up to other Netflix villains very well.
I think it all makes sense if you interprets him as a guy would hates his job and is only doing it to protect the family legacy. He does a bad job because his heart isn't in it, he doesn't believe in his own role.

>but that seems to be completely dumped here.

Well, she did MURDER HIS WIFE.
In the comics, they weren't even married, and she was killed by some anonymous button man of Cottonmouth's.

BIG

FAT

POLICE

TATS

>The Wire cameos were great.
Do you think Omar will make an appearance? Also cast him.

i missed cottonmouth. he's more likable and complex than "CAAAAAAAAAAHL, MUH BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUU"

>Every time I heard Diamondback I was getting my hopes up.
He didn't die, and he is getting real superpowers at the end too.

Well yeah, I understand why, but when they're sinking JJ/Luke hard, do you really think they care about Iron Fist's comic romances?

What Wire cameos? It's been forever since The Wire and I think I missed them.

>Why even send him back to prison?
He is getting out soon because the files that was suppose to clear his name was recovered.

It's not that big of a deal. Race swaps happen all the time

I liked how everything went to complete shit in the underworld when Diamondback took over. Cottonmouth was the villain Harlem needed, but not the one it deserved.

Chibs and CIA appearances when?

Kima was Misty's original police captain and Burrell was Pop.

>Trash tier
>The method man cameo
Nah nigga you take that back, that was pure blackino

Yeah, so why bother?

No, I get that, I do. I can even respect that on a narrative level. I just couldn't bring myself to care when all his plans go to shit.

>After Defenders she will be no use to anything.
You NEED a healer character for anyone who doesn't have automatic healing factor. If not her, you need someone else. MCU got the Korean doctor but street level can't afford her.

How old is she? This is her first major role so her age isn't on wikipedia

I'm thinking like 36

Oh shit. I didn't recognize them.
Kima looks a lot more asian now.

There's literally magic healing machines in the MCU that are strictly for use by the avengers. How can anyone claim they aren't tremendous assholes?

As was mentioned multiple times in this thread, it's a good way to segway into him meeting Matt Murdock for Defenders. He's gonna need a lawyer.

Stokes shot that unfunny cop!

It's not really anger in this case. Just, it's really not the same guy, even trimmed down to a more MCU type version without the deathbeam glasses.

>Yeah, so why bother?
Because we need Cage finally turning himself in for real. To have him trust the system will free him. The show is very careful to balance both sides, in that there ius a time to run away from the law for the greater good, but also a time to follow the law and try to trust that other people will protect you. What matters is showing Cage having at least some trust.

>no worldstar shoutout

ruined the final fight

Matt Murdock's a lawyer?

A though he was like, an underground cage fighter or something that worked out of Foggy Nelson's law office.

cottonmouth should have never been killed. diamondhead was really jarring as a switch. nigga sounded like the candyman

>There's literally magic healing machines in the MCU that are strictly for use by the avengers. How can anyone claim they aren't tremendous assholes?
Rich people play by different rules, user. Remember the 3 million dollars that started the Luke Cage plot? Tony Stark probably pay that much to refuel his laser blasters. So much anger over so little money, because for street level people it is a lot.

Same actor.

Why Rafe became dirty cop just for money? He was doing literally nothing with that money. I can get he dragged once and couldn't get out thing but he literally died for 100 grands that he wanted.

post yfw Cottonmouth pulled out the rocket launcher

>Why Rafe became dirty cop just for money? He was doing literally nothing with that money. I can get he dragged once and couldn't get out thing but he literally died for 100 grands that he wanted.
He lost his child because of a mistake, and probably became self destructive after that. The hints suggest he WAS clean once, and that he wasn't living a good life these days.

lol no they aren't.

>mfw harlem niggas

>What matters is showing Cage having at least some trust.

lol no
the point of it is that he goes through the system and gets exonerated so he can finally stop hiding from the authorities and start doing hero shit openly

his jive talking, it reminded me of anthony michael hall in weird science for some reason.

oh my lord, I just wanna suck suck suck

>NIGGA, I am your brother
Into the trash he goes.

I think he just stopped giving a shit about the system. Or maybe he was skimming before his son died and afterwards it accelerated his spiral.

>the point of it is that he goes through the system and gets exonerated so he can finally stop hiding from the authorities and start doing hero shit openly
That too, but the point here is that he stopped trying to escape in the mean time. If they had to lock him back up while he was kicking and screaming, it would have been a different message.

>implying that wasn't one of the best scenes

they even did a black dynamite DUN DUNNNNNN

>>mfw harlem niggas
As someone who is on the other side of the planet from the Americas, I do note that I struggle to understand 80% of the Harlem cultural references. It is almost an alien world to me.

Are you Japanese or Chinese?

Show lost a lot of steam after Cottonmouth died. I felt like he was kind of carrying the show up to that point. Thank the gods Shades is still alive at least. Black Mariah was okay, but lacked the fire that Mama Mabel had in the flashbacks that made her so scary. Now Diamond back was just awful. Didn't like him at all. And that suit... Just... Why?

Misty's story line got really tiresome after her partner died. Rafe turned out to be a more interesting character.

Luke Cage turned out the way I expected him to turn out given today's political climate. Bland, boring and altruistic with very little in the way of flaws.

Overall I gave the show a C.

>And that suit... Just... Why?
Read a comic

Fool please I was referring to how he literally shot Luke into the garbage truck.

I was at a loss when Cottonmouth bit the dust and expected to lose interest. But then Diamondback shows up firing fucking Boltor rounds and doing backflips and literally acting like a southern black DIO? God damn.

>Are you Japanese or Chinese?
Asian, but any more detailed than that is pointless anyway. Basically I have never been to Harlem, and Harlem slang is barely English to my ears. It is clearly a show made for a very specific audience and I don't have a problem with that.

With how Diamondback acted, i think the suit was perfect for him. He looked as batshit insane as he acted.

The series was great, and while it did lose luster after Cottonmouth died, i'd still say it beat out the lull Elektra brought to Daredevil.

....So, are you Japanese or Chinese?

CHINESE

>cracking sounds

OR JAPANESE

Yeah people keep saying the show went to shit after episode 8, but Diamondback was the most entertaining villain that I've seen in a marvel show or movie.
He's peak blaxploitation and I fucking love it.

They shot a missile at him, burning him clearly doesn't work

idk why thy didn't try the others but it's not like you can force a superstrong black dude into the water when normal niggas won't even bother

>reflexly picking up phones kills you
still makes me kek and sad at the same time. Hope Juicy will have a better ending.

The old 'if the comics did it then it's okay' meme

It didn't fit the vibe of the show and you know it. Look at me in my super absorption suit with my entire lower face exposed. Only Batman can pull that off.

I'm an ausfag and I understood it fine.

>CHINESE
>>cracking sounds
>OR JAPANESE
I am amused, because the only reason I didn't answer is because my reply would be complicated. (No , I an not mixed or anything.)

Doesn't count. Australians are world famous for their exceptional ability to quickly learn and understand new things.

It's from King of the Hill brah

C-Cottonmouth is gonna become a zombie and come back in control r-right? They have the means in DD

The actor they got was fantastic, I remember him from Boardwalk Empire and he embraces the hammy shit. It was refreshing as hell and I've always been a fan of gritty stuff getting an outlandish character tossed in.

Like what? Method Man is a famous rapper. Malcolm X, MLK and Trayvon Martin are googlable. What else was so hard to get that you couldn't pick up meaning from context?

He was originally a one episode character on Boardwalk, but the producers loved his performance so they gave him a reoccurring role.

>would turn Pop's into a clinic.
I want it to be his Hero for Hire place of business.
Too much hinting at what to do with it, and all those people willing to pay.

>Cottonmouth comes back as a Hand ninja
Oh God, I would pay for this. Well... extra pay for this besides my Netflix account.

>C-Cottonmouth is gonna become a zombie and come back in control r-right? They have the means in DD
But the thing is he isn't a willing villain. So if he doesn't have to take care of his family's legacy anymore he would have fucked off. And if you take over his mind as well then he doesn't have much to offer as a zombie.

I feel like that is a halfway, if even that, towards the Iron Man suits that they've been making since Iron Man 2.

Netflix really should put out a short clip of someone's cell phone video of the Cage/Diamondback fight with dudes yelling out Worldstar and roasting.

So we have Agent Tittymonster, Intern Tittymonster and Detective Tittymonster.

Will the MCU ever stop delivering?

Cast him.

webm of mistys ass when luke is feeling her up on the wall pls

Tombstone

Bushmaster.

Intern Tittymonster?

So did she

Darcy in Thor.

It's the bond that can never be broken, user. They will be wiener cousins.

How many part with "le evil white guy" meme are there? I know, I shouldn't ask this, but I basically have to. I really like Luke Cage sinc e his 70's series, I just not like this modern trend. Especially since I'm not even american and those shit doesn't hapen in italy.

>How many part with "le evil white guy" meme are there?
There's exactly one white bad guy and he isn't in it very much and is a minor character overall.

thank you, this really relieves me. You don't now how much cringy this shit is,especialy for a foreigner eye.

>hero faces his trouble instead of running. Forward always
>believable and organic meeting with the devil of Hell's Kitchen
>able to return to Harlem and be at peace

Character development is important too.

whats with all the snake names anyways?
is it because everyone is black and snake names refer to bbc?

>is it because everyone is black and snake names refer to bbc?

My dude don't start that shit just don't i'm tired of hearing about bbc.

He lost his fucking mind and went batshit. Makes sense he'd dress like a retard.

Marvel in the 60's-70's was obsessed as fuck with snakes for some reason.

building up to the Serpent Society of evil capitalists

Had some issues with it

>Cottonmouth should of been in it longer
>that overly forced Claire/Cage relationship
>misty didn't lose her arm
>no Matt Murdoch cameo yet teased it multiple times
>No JJ cameo
>no Danny Rand cameo
>no Iron Fist Trailer at the end

Other than those things, pretty damn good show. Good effects. Didnt look cheap like JJ, that Methodman cameo was GOAT. I felt Mike Coilter's acting was a Bit cheesy and played on, but it's fine.

I'd go DD>LC>JJ

Anyone find any dope Easter eggs?

The fight scenes were mediocre.

The super powered ones were bad and then there was the whole unpowered mess in episode 4.

I was certain a Judas bullet was going to blow off Misty's arm.

Defenders gonna own comic-con next here. You think they'll have all 4 of them on stage? I'd lose my shit if they got DD and iron fist in full outfits. Maybe even have Jon Bernthal show up

I thought the same. Thought it was retarded she didn't lose the arm yet..

>Didnt look cheap like JJ
I would agree if not for that theater scene. But I understand why it had to all be CGI, can't have people brawling in a heritage listed building.

4 episodes in. Good so far but not Daredevil good.
I still like it alot though.
Lacks that gritty feeling that Daredevil had, this is really missing bad from the show.
The one action scene where Luke Cage raids that building where Cottonmouth was keeping his money, was very disappointing, embarassing even.
And oh my god, that shitty music in every fucking episode. Especially episodes 2 and 3, the songs and performers were so bad I had to mute them. This is fucking rape, my ears were being raped.
The first episode's song was ok, I guess, it was softer but I hope it doesn't go on like that all through the series.

Also one more thing. I kinda remember Scarfe being a good guy in the comics. Why did he turn bad there?
Why isn't Mariah obese? Why doesn't Cottonmouth have sharp teeth? I like Cottonmouth as he's portrayed in the show but he's just not the same guy.
Finally, Misty Knight is ugly as fuck but that's ok since I'm not into black women anyway.

So far I rate the show 6/10. I would have given it a 7, which is what I think it deserves if not for the shitty music.

Daredevil > Jessica Jones > Luke Cage > shit > Agents of SHIELD

this was the blaxploitationest and my favorite moment of the show

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Figuring out what IGH is
>powered people like D-Man being used for illegal UCWF fights
>Power Broker, Karlin Malus, Superia
>IGH stuff leaking to black market like in Mattie Franklin/MGH storyline
>Jonathan Drew worked for IGH and his daughter was experimented on
>Nuke goes rogue like in Born Again
>Trish gets powered up.

>shitty music
It's probably the only with any good music. I agree it's not as good as daredevil though.. Then again nothing can reach daredevil's level.

Don't misunderstand, the soundtrack is great.
I mean those songs that were being performed at the Harlem Paradise, these were bad.
That Tina Turner and James Brown wanna be's.
Saadiq in the first episode, is an ok artist though, not my thing but he's not bad like those other two were.

Honestly the Black pride stuff is just shit.

People don't talk about shit like that the way they did in the show. It feels so utterly artificial and forced it was just hard to watch.

Aside from that the way they handled super strength varied from shit to decent and the episode 4 big fight scene was just shit.

What was that king fu poster Claire was looking at on the pole at the end? It's clearly a Iron Fist Easter egg, but I couldn't see what it exactly was or means

Black people smell really bad.

I might not like Long Live the Chief, but it sure as fuck fit Cottonmouth's mental state at the time

I haven't seen Claire yet in.
I think she first appears in the 5th episode, which I'm gonna watch tonight.

It's for Colleen Wing's class

As a black person i found the whole thing pretty genuine and close to real life.

>"a flier for Colleen Wing's martial arts class"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage_(TV_series)#Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_tie-ins

The series was okay. So far it's
DD s1 > DD s2 > LC > JJ

>goes to a random class
>meets a guy with yet ANOTHER uncanny power
>"do you guys stalk me?!"

Crossing over with MCU films and AoS.
God, I sure hope not.
Netflix TV series is the only good thing about Marvel now.
The films are fun but very disneyfied, AoS is crap; the Netflix series don't just fit in.

So Dany is getting Luke's sloppy second for Iron Fist?

I felt like the music was a strong point in this series.

>That Tina Turner and James Brown wanna be's.
the james brown wannabe was great
had to go to tunefind and find the song when it came on

>Finally, Misty Knight is ugly as fuck

I've had the reply window open for the last 5 minutes because I don't know how to reply to this. Jesus.

Shades was such a cool character in absolutely the corniest way. At several points during the show I thought " he's way too cool".

What makes Shades so cool? Is it the shades?

Shades was the worst.
That forced whispery voice.
Just talk normal, don't channel Bale in Dark Knight.

It's the way he stays calm and doesn't fuck up, and the whole 'gangster consultant' thing was a neat hook.

I was glad he did in Zip and those goons, thought he was done for a second.

> hating on based shades

Shades knew how to stay calm and smart no matter what happened and called out Cottonmouth and Diamondback when they did dumbass shit.

It honestly was way more genuine than I thought it would be. Mainly cause it showed both sides issues in a realistic way and how easily it is for someone control them to follow their own agenda. And just like in real life it will be ignored cause people are too afraid of feeling stupid

yfw you realized the James Brown wannabe is the guy who does the singing voice for Krampus on AD!

The face and expressions. he's likeable, but you also want to punch his smug smile in.
he's handsome but also looks sly and ferocious and sadisic. Even though he's not sadistic. He's also calm and enjoys the fucking mess he's solving.
Also, and pardon me for saying, but it fist : his glasses thing was fucking swagg.

>mfw Zip tried to steal his glasses thing

I feel like 13 episodes is too long for most of these Marvel shows. You end up with too much wheel spinning and a bunch of weirdly emphasised story beats that end up less important than they've been made out to be.
I don't know if it's a studio mandate, but most of the netflix series could probably have been condensed to 6-10 episodes without really losing any of the stuff that actually makes it work.

Im a noob to all things Luke Cage so I thought Shades had some sort of power that when people look into his eyes he can control them. It seemed that way after he talked to Mariah then she did what he wanted.

I was expecting Shades to have a power too from having also been in the same prison that gave Luke his powers.

The show had so many instances where a character seemed they were going to do something, then just didn't and it became really jarring.

>Luke deciding to skip town then immediately just going vigilante
>Luke deciding to hit Cottonmouth's interests instead of him personally, but then going to confront him personally like 10 minutes later
>Mariah suggesting that Cottonmouth drown or poison Luke, then just going for super bullets
>Cottonmouth trying to get Luke to work for him then going back to trying to kill him
>Mariah wanting to cut for legitimate politics then just going for crime then back to politics, then to the club/crime
>Misty defending Luke then trying to pin Luke then saying he's innocent and then trying to arrest him again then trying to prove his innocence
>Diamondback trying to kill Luke, then trying to ruin Luke's life then trying to frame him, then trying to kill him again

It was so hard to follow the plot, everyone kept changing their plans after the smallest setback or new piece of information. Even the way the show was presented kept changing. Sometimes it was cheesy blaxploitation fun. Other times it was The Wire with superpowers.

So Seagate is where Kilgraves parents did their experiments?

Luke Cage felt alright. I didn't feel any plots felt like they went nowhere or added nothing unlike JJ with the we caught him, and then he escaped so we need to catch him again and the yes this plot was by us who hate you for reasons unrelated to the main plot and have no connection to the villain.

3 eps in, so far the show is meh but I like how it has that sweet Christmas vibe. I also like how little white people there are around so people are not blaming everything on them

In the comics, his shades gave him Cyclops-powers.

is misty a shit cop?

I'm not sure about that, but it seems they, Burstein and Reva all worked for/with IGH, whatever it is.

I wasn't sold on it until this moment. That abrupt cut to Cottonmouth appearing, in person, *with a bazooka*, with that fucking music playing, and then Cage's reaction combined to make me absolutely lose my shit for a minute.

A lot of the show seems amateur so far. Maybe that's on purpose, what with the retro blaxploitation vibe they're going for. But that moment was perfect.

I like how this is one of the show that doesn't try to shove some gay agenda down my throat. Good job.

>DA SYSTEM DONT WORK
bitch you the one who got the girl hidden and didn't tell anyobdy anything and you didn't work with the system in the first place. Don't go around blaming anybody but yourself.

She's got the drive and good intentions but she's bad at this.

>I kinda remember Scarfe being a good guy in the comics. Why did he turn bad there?
You haven't kept up with him, have you?

Just finished ep 2. Got some mad appreciation for Turk.

Dude just shows up, does what he needs to, moves on, and survives.

No drama with turk, he gets kidnapped by the hand, he moves on, walks in on an awkward murder and he moves on.

Turk just moves forward.

Yeah, she's pretty good at figuring out what went down as long as she's looking for it, but she's horrible at actually dealing with situations or working with people. She makes so many wrong decisions

>Turk just moves forward.
never backward

This could be fixed by her taking a backseat to her partner but her intensity won't allow it. He is kind of like jessica jones when it comes to doing shit, She has to be the one to do it, one at the heart of things.

True, He would be based if he did not look like a strung out methhead with a wispy beard.With a good makeover he would be a baller

Yeah, by far the best moment in the show. They made a mistake killing Cottonmouth.

I think that's the whole point. He's not some suave criminal dude, he's just a freelancer who's still doing his shit while the rest are dropping like flies.

The show did have some pretty good moments springing from fantastic usage of music.

The opening of episode 5 where Cottonmouth is watching Jidenna perform Long Live the Chief was balla as fuck.

you could be a freelancer but still look okish. would you think this guy was based, even if his actions were

Are you seriously comparing him to an obese guy in a motorized wheelchair?
Turk is lean and mean.

>Are you seriously comparing him to an obese guy in a motorized wheelchair?
No, do you need me to spell it out, the principle is the same. that fat fuck could be walter white but you would not give a shit because he does not put in any effort. Turk is not poor so his look is more for blending in/ staying alive but staying alive is not conclusive to being classically based

>Thoughts:
>Shades was a badass. I liked Juice a lot more than I thought I would and I'm glad he survived.
That was a big surprise to me, I watched all of sons of anarchy for the first time around 8 months ago so all I saw for the longest time was the weak willed juice from the end of the series and wasn't expecting such a cool and collected character

>Cottonmouth really grew on me and I wish he'd been the overall antagonist.
>Black Mariah really grew on me too. I'm looking forward to seeing her grow into the queenpin next season.
Agree with both of these, I can't wait to see what she does but at the same time I which Cottonmouth didn't collapse on himself by focusing on cage. He could have just continued his plans while considering Luke a great threat but couldn't let go.

anyone got a name?I don't want to go one by one on imdb

Up to episode 10

I feel the gunshot wound problem dragged on for too long, he was like 2-3 episodes going around being wounded[/spoiler[

When I first saw misty k. I was thinking they could get someone prettier. But then I saw her naked, and boy I whould kill someone just so could touch her. Oh my, she is my waifu now.

And I think I enjoyed Luke Cage more than Daredevil, Im surprised.

At first I thought they would milk Misty losing her arm for some heavy pathos, maybe have her trapped by it and she cuts it off to go help someone.

But now I feel like it will be swift and out of nowhere, she'll be talking to someone and Razor Fist will suddenly pop up and just chop it off.

Too bad she's not gonna be in Iron Fist to get WHITED

cbr.com/update-misty-knight-not-appearing-on-iron-fist/

Nah, she'll probably rush in somewhere and suddenly encounter a bomb that blows her arm off or something

Ah for fucks sake.

She will be in Defenders for that though.

>UCWF
>Grapplers cameo
>no Screaming Mimi

Calling it.

How long does it take to drive from NY to Georgia?

Diamondback was basically
>It was me, Luke! Me!
>I am the author of all your pain!

>theringer.com/luke-cage-black-conservative-f5be622daf67

>Cage, Stokes, Dillard, and Pop are all nostalgic for an older, respectable Harlem, where, in Stokes’s recollection, “people walked old ladies across the street.” This sentimentalism is so pervasive, and so bipartisan, that the beef between Cage and Stokes gets rather ambiguous. Theoretically, Cage does battle with Stokes and Dillard to determine the future of Harlem, but Cage doesn’t seem to believe in anything that’s more or less honorable than Stokes’s simple plan to keep his money clean and his nightclub humming. Between Pop’s swear jar and Cage’s pat distaste for “that word,” these characters are largely defined by bits of trivial repression that Coker drives home with more gusto than he does any plotline.

>Cage dates himself with stale concerns: if black people should say “nigga,” whether or not tailored clothing is the measure of a man’s self-respect, and so on. Which explains, perhaps, why Luke Cage feels less like Jessica Jones or Daredevil and more like Shaft—but with none of the humor or charm that Richard Roundtree brought to that role in the 1970s. On his own, Cage is a reclusive killjoy who is astoundingly slow to solve or discover anything. He’s a big, buff, invincible disappointment. Any other uptown native might’ve been quicker to discover that Harlem’s greater, untouchable menace is the NYPD. But what, Luke Cage wonders, about black-on-black crime?

Luke Cage is literally "Pull Your Damn Pants Up: The Show."

COME OUT TO PLAYAAAAY

Good.

Around half a day just generally from state to state.
Harlem is on the edge of NY, but Seagate is in Savannah and Savannah is on the coast.

Claire made a joke about 18 hours but I assume that was with traffic and stops for gas and food.

she will lose it in a car crash

I knew cheeko was going to be strangled the second I saw the cop undoing his tie, even before shit got ominous. It was going to be gay sex or death

>this scene

AW SHIT NIGGA

youtube.com/watch?v=UD1eaRDY-q4

I was super excited to see Charles Bradley in ep3, really hope they bring him back again such a massively underrated soul singer.

How many evil white cops does cage kill?

>"I hear cuban coffee is especially robust"
>Claire doesn't respond with "well I like my coffee black"

I knew it as soon as the cop asked Misty if she was coming to meet with Chico. When a cop delivers that line to their partner, you know they're going to kill the witness.

I think the biggest problem of the show was that everyone's opposition to each other seemed so artificial. No one really had a clearly defined motive. Did Luke want to set an example to the people of Harlem, or did he just want to avenge Pop? Did Cottonmouth want to rule the entire underworld or just control his club (kinda vascillated on that and he died before it was expanded on ). What the hell did Shades even want? Diamondback came the fuck out of nowhere and suddenly was all up in Luke's shit and it took ages for the show to explain why.

Rather than people going up against each other like in DD or even in JJ, all the characters in Luke Cage just seem to float around in Harlem and occasionally bump into each other then decide to fight.

>"They jacked me for my tips!"
>"I'm on it."
>"I work hard for that money!"
>"I'M ON IT."

o lord i am laffin

zero

Did Reva love him?

>The music was shit
Nigger the music was the best part. Your post is so bad I feel like it might be bait, guess you hooked me good.

This is straight up a terrible adaption of Power Man and Iron Fist is going to be even worse.

Why bother telling a story about these characters if you're just going to disregard their personalities and the characteristics of the worlds they exist in?

This Luke Cage as an individual person was such a weak blank slate that was deprived of his most unique and definitive characteristics

>implying anyone reads luke cage
it was fun and interesting get the stick out of your ass

It wasn't that fun or interesting, it was just wasted potential of a good character

Thanks m8, was about to look for it.

My big black dick will have to wait, Rosario Dawson.

As long as Iron Fist has a white dude doing martial arts, I'm happy

putting Bohemian Rhapsody in a show may as well be a death kiss. its like putting pizza in a soup

>helicopter noises

I think it just has more to do with Mike Coltor just being a bland actor desu. He's like a blank template with no personality & it bleeds into the character.
I just kept imagining, how much better it would';ve been if they would've gotten someone like Michael Jai or someone else instead.

Look, FUCK that shit ok? JJ and Luke sucks. Fuck it.

>I didn't see SHIT

I liked the actor, I think he was good overall and was very good at switching between serious and fun. it had hints of comic book personality but I think going full comic book would have been very over the top, that may fly in the movies but not in the shows

I think she did towards the end. She really cared about saving him and said he changed her.

>romances
that is stretching it. there is nothing romantic about how they end up together, it happens a lot in real life but it sure as hell is not romance

>we'll buy coffee on the way
>IT AINT THE SAME

Who are these faggots who hate night nurse??

I think the Luke Cage people wanted was what actors aren't willing to do-- the only reason Mike Colter was even willing to do the role was because the director promised him that he wasn't going to be the classic Luke.

>Where's Les Paul?

mary sue tier

>he didn't like the method man cameo

I liked the show as a whole, but three things really jarred me. Apologies in advance for the tl'dr.

One, Diamondback. I know nothing about the comics, but it was clear Diamondback was someone big and would take over as the big bad, considering how they namedropped him from the start. I was actually expecting Shades to be Diamondback all along, considering how he was around from the start and came over as the most competent person in the show. I assumed they wouldn't introduce the big bad this late in the show, but they did. He came out of nowhere, his backstory got dumped on us spread over the remainder of the show and he did nothing but stupidity after stupidity all the way to the end. And would have gotten away with it all if he didn't decide to show up to have a slugging match with Cage in the last episode. Also, I can't get over the fact that people had him at gunpoint twice and all he had to do was pull out twin pistols and start unloading to get out without a single scratch on him.

Two, the police. They couldn't make up their mind on whether they were competent or not. One moment, half of them are corrupt and working for Cottonmouth, with Misty as the sole good, competent cop. Then the new commissioner arrives, as she comes over as a super shady turbobitch. Meanwhile Misty is slowly slipping off the deep end and makes dumb mistake after dumb mistake. When Diamondback kills a cop while hollering I'M LUKE CAGE noone but Misty doubts it for a single second. Then the hostage situation happens and every single cop on the scene, barring the SWAT Team, is aware of the fact that shit doesn't make sense and do their best to prevent the situation from escalating, showing a terrifying amount of logic I'm not used to seeing from cops in a superhero show. Then they go back to being terribly incompetent, though every part of that can be chalked up to Misty "vigilantism is bad and I support the system except when I don't want to" Knight.

Cont'd.

And then we get to my third beef. The big showdown at the club should've been the finale. Luke recovered from the gunshot and realized his connection with Diamondback. Misty realizes Diamondback killed the cop from the traffic cam and succesfully tracked him down. Claire finds the decisive witness they need to exonorate Luke from killing Cottonmouth. Every hostage at the bar heard Diamondback and Shades loudly discuss how they're gonna frame Cage for the entire situation and saw the thugs open fire on him. The building is surrounded by the police so noone should be able to get out.

But what happens? Diamondback takes a convenient side exit noone is watching and drives away into the sunset with noone raising as much of an eyebrow. Misty promptly forgets she has a facial recognition scan with positive ID on the cop killer. The decisive witness leaves, is picked up again, dropped off anywhere but the police station or a witness protection program and promptly killed. All so we can have a second showdown that's far weaker than the club showdown.

Don't get me wrong, in the end I loved the show but I just love ranting about plot holes.

do you really expect mr fish in a "realistic fantasy" like mcu? just forget it, not gonna happen
same reason we got "you look like a damn fool" moment. felt like I was watching x-men 2000 for a moment

>should of
Your mother """should of""" had that abortion.

It lacked a good villain, they all seemed rather incompetent next to Shades the henchman.

Yes, yes I do. It wouldn't be hard to adapt in an extremely cool and interesting if you were a creative writer who actually liked Power Man as a character and the world he exists in.

Ultimately, that mentality absurd. Don't try to tell stories about eccentric, colorful fantasy based superheroes if you don't like fantasy based stories. If you look at classic Power Man and aren't creatively inspired by the outlandish style and bizarre landscape he exists in, go tell a different story.

How do you even develop this mentality?

"Don't tell stories if you don't like the classics." is what I got from this.

If juice went to jail, maybe he would meet hammer and the mandarinif the 20 rings left him there and he would be the new hammer tech connection

>with my entire lower face exposed
it's a mcu "no helmet" policy. can't have actor's faces covered with helmet.

Some guy somewhere said that they had "Bring Da Ruckus" censored on the lyrics.

I'm watching it again now and it's not cesored here.

Is this a region thing? I'm in Europe.

You realize that the Diamondback of the Luke Cage comics isn't even related to the Serpent Society right?

they reference trayvon for no damn fucking reason

yeah, that's a great idea. put a killing of some black dude into a show about a guy with superstrength and unbreakable skin

Yeah, you shouldn't tell a story that is a continuation of a classic story if you aren't entirely inspired creatively by the classic story. Tell a different story that isn't based on something that you're just going to mock and disregard. Why tell a Luke Cage story if you don't like Power Man and are just going to make him into a different character?

Whole shoe, I was wondering about Colleen wing.

Then I see her name on the poster. A bit too on the nose on how night. Horse is going to get involved in that world but I'll take it

Luke and Claire were a thing long before Jessica was even a fucking character

This show is impossible to watch while being a europoor

Like, literally. Every fucking episode, they reference some shit from black history, harlem history or ny history. How the fuck I am supposed to know that. Literally using google every 5 seconds.

I get it. Books. Famous politicians. Artists. I get. Harlem is a place where some famous people were born. Once was enough

The word nigger is banned in New York! He is simply being a good law abiding citizen.

People forget that all these characters have to fit in a more 'realistic', modern world that is the MCU. How exactly would the classic Cage fit into that narrative? That's reason the Director made fun of the Power Man costume, because it looks down right silly in this day and age.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, though.

look, I'm with you. But it was super obvious it was gonna be as realistic and gritty as possible. Mike Colter said he was not interested in the project originally because he thought he was gonna be wearing his 70s original clothes, doing some Blaxploitation goofy shit but then the showrunners told that's not they were doing. Until Doctor Strange happened, mcu was fucking afraid of using the word "magic". We still don't know if there is even a magic in doc strange. We have to wait and see.

BRING THE MOTHERFUCKING RUCKUS

>How the fuck I am supposed to know that?
It's general knowledge, even in Europe you moron.

when they shot misty knight in arm I thought they would amputate her arm and give her the bionic arm but then I realized "wait I'm watching mcu, that's not gonna happen" and I was right.

But then why set it up if it's not gonna happen. What was the point?

>all this talk of Serpent Society in this thread
Read some fucking comics guys. These are completely different characters, that just so happen to be called Coppermouth and Diamondback. No relation to the Serpent Society whatsoever.

>The big green guy
>The dude with the hammer

Why the FUCK do theu do this?

What I want is the police to try them out on him, and he finds that either the second acid bath gave him skin twice as hard, or the judas bullets don't do shit unless they're full power.

either one would be satisfactory

This entire notion of "realism" is actually just straight up ridiculous, and isn't even what "realism" in artistic expression actually is. You know that right? Realism isn't the act of reducing art and story telling into the realm of mundane commonality, realism describes the act of expressing a creative artistic vision with a realistic aesthetic style, even if it's something that isn't part of a mundane reality. This painting of Apollo slaying Python at Delphi is an example of Realism in art, not this show.

They aren't mocking classic Power Man because classic Power Man is genuinely too absurd for modern audiences. He isn't. They're doing it because these shows are based off of the Bendis take on these characters, which only ever sought to subvert and mock them.

Yeah it's almost like it's a show about Harlem or something.

Crazy.

I really hope Hammer comes back in the MCU. He was a really funny villain and I felt was a great foil to RDJ's Stark

general knowledge about some pappy mason, david dinkins, moynihan, cross bronx expressway? yeah right. very famous all around europe.
you watch narcos and they fucking explain who the person is, what he did. you don't get that in luke cage. just namedropping.

>What was the point
So a character could say "You could have lost your arm!" and then wink at the camera.

Never backward. Always forward. Forward. Always.

;-;

Because it's really not crucial to the plot.

she'll probably still lose it, she completely ignored Claire and the other medical people's talk about not pushing it.

But they probably didn't do it yet because who's gonna make it? Stark doesn't know about the street level stuff yet. the only other possibilities are

>SHIELD makes her one; crossover of some sort
>She gets the tech from some criminal, maybe it's Hammer tech
>Stiltman makes it for her

Like I said, I want mcu and others to embrace the comic. But that's not going to happen, sadly. Like, you have the "snyder filter". Wonder Woman costume is grey enough, AND THEY STILL HAVE TO USE THE FILTER to make it even more grayer. Studios are so afraid of colors these days. Same reason you don't have the Thor Helmet in the thor films. First, studios and people consider that "goofy" and the second, actors are vain as fuck. Just look at pic related. Steve is not wearing his helmet, thor, tony, hawkeye is not wearing a mask, NOT EVEN FUCKING GOGGLES. you could say that is just for the promotion, but that's what basically happens in every film. They just have to show the face. Dredd only did that. Carl Urban had helmet on him THE ENTIRE TIME. And look what happened. It flopped. Really fucking sad.

Look at luke cage. Claire says "you're so cheesy" like 100 times throughout the show even though they're just talking. they are so afraid to use anything comic booky it's hilarious.

Ok after finishing the show, was anyone expecting Diamondback to be someone different?
Even tho they mentioned Fisk, they kept talking about how Diamondback "changed" and was kinda getting hyped at the idea that Fisk's reach went even into the heart of Harlem
But I wasn't too upset with the reveal
I've only read some of Heroes for hire so I had no idea who most of Luke's Rouges were

They didn't really expand on it, or maybe it was cut, but I got the feeling Shades wanted to take over Cottonmouth's club. He was being squeezed under Diamondback, and wanted a better front, allowed to do his own thing.

After Diamondback tried to kill him he just went all out. At the end, the Biggie poster is replaced with one with two figures, and it's a reference to him and Mariah.

Danny should buy it for her as a wedding gift ^_^

my main problem with the show is that it was too long.

fuck that, 13 episode? who the fuck thought it was good idea? Jessica Jones had the same problem, but Luke Cage has even a bigger problem with that than JJ. six episodes, eight episodes, TOP. But 13 episodes? For a story that they're telling, it's too long. Way too long.

PULL THE TRIGGER, NIGGA

Colter is my favorite Netflix MCU protagonist so far.

Can't wait for the infinity war to come out, and have them explain why luke cage is not helping them
>so...uh there is this guy cap that looks just like you. that dashcam video, and that fight with him and some dude wearinh ammer tech went fucking viral, he's very strong and all, bulletproof even. are we gonna talk to hi-
>no.
>why?
>because feige told me so.

Should I watch that Puprle Man Marvel show before Luke Cage? I heard it was pretty shit

With Luke Cage though, it isn't just a matter of Marvels lack of style and color, they completely threw out the core aspects of what makes Power Man and his approach and methodology as a superhero unique as compared to other superheroes, in addition to removing what makes both his internal character conflicts he faces and the wider conflicts within his world unique.

There is no contemplative psychological complexity to this Luke Cage. He entirely lacks the identity crisis between his true self and his ideal alter persona as Power Man that is definitive of the superhero archetype.

That's what Netflix ordered. Defenders is going to be only 8 because it would cost too much to do a full 13.

They're both shit. Only good marvel show is DD s1 and even it has its flaws.

You don't have to watch it. It has a lot of good in it though, it just drags on longer than it needs to.

Watch it until Luke leaves.

I thought it was pretty dope.
For a bit, I was with everyone else in that it fell off after 8, but I've changed my mind somewhat.
Diamondback DOES kinda come out from left field, outta nowhere, but the actor himself was really fucking fun. It was said already, he was a really great physical threat, but I'm disappointed that Cottonmouth died, as he was way, way more interesting.
Mariah's just...not fun. Or interesting, so her as a spotlight villain is just bland. And the most the actress does when somebody talks to her or threatens her is look sideways at them and SLIGHTLY narrow her eyes.
Thought Misty's potential arm loss was a major tease, dunno how/if they'll ever have a chance as good at that,but I ain't too mad.

All in all it's solid. The three episodes where Luke is injured kinda feel like a drag and the ending doesn't really have any feeling of triumph. Which is sort of the point, but after that last 1/3 of the season's grinding plot, I was really wanting one moment to be like a fist-pumping "Yes!" moment. Which was the Diamondback fight, I suppose, but it was a bit deflating with 40 mins of the finale left.
Still super solid, like another user said, much more solid than the later half of Daredevil S2 and bounds above Jessica Jones. Pumped for Iron Fist.

for a defenders it actually makes more sense to have 13 episode than luke cage. I seriously don't think how they can make jessica jones s2 interesting other than do the daredevil s2 which is introduce some other big character

That made me madder than Luke getting shot.

I'm disagreeing with you, but you never noticed Luke didn't have any of that based on the trailers?

The whole motivation being muh daddy issues was kinda a let down.

I didn't watch any trailers.

Luke should thank Jessica for killing his piece-of-shit wife.
He was very unfaithful to Jessica. I was sad.

AoS Ghost Rider is awesome, KYS yourself pleb.

I fapped to Misty's tits. I fapped again when she bent over to pick up the basketball and when she was crying. This show was awesome.

My only issue with the judas bullets is it went from "You don't have enough money to buy one of these bullets cottonmouth!" to "Lets melt down the multi-million dollar bullets to make smaller ones." way to quickly.

At some point marvel is just gonna say fuck it and retcon all the tv show stuff to make more movies, I guarantee it

Probably will happen with that inhumans movie

My problem with the show was that luke just didn't feel black. His persona/altruism/etc was just off putting, it was like a white man who they painted black the show.

The bullets never cost that much. Shades knew that Diamondback wanted to kill Luke himself but also wanted Cottonmouth to suck his dick a little. The whole Diamondback-Cottonmouth relationship is Diamondback continually asserting his dominance.

The Inhumans movie got cancelled when Marvel realized nobody likes the Inhumans.

What are they even gonna do after the infinity war and thanos? What is the next level of bad guy after that? Hydra is dead too since they brought back and killed the "thing" that hydra was made for.

That's racist.

The whole point of the Judas bullets was for Luke to get dipped into the power-making-vat for a 2nd time. He is now even more resistant and the Judas bullets are worthless against him. He doesn't know it yet.

Just because it's racist doesn't mean it's not true.

Then how was he getting his ass kicked by his brother in a power suit if hes stronger than before?

He was playing out their earlier fight. He was still trying to reason with Diamonback. Luke wasn't getting his ass kicked. He won very easily when he decided to win. Watch the fight again.

No, but it certainly makes it likely to be.

Every other black person in harlem acted properly. The community there was just like it when I lived in NYC. But then again Luke didn't grow up there but instead Georgia, but still.

Someone made a reference to pulp fantasy strongman heroes like Conan fighting snakes and snake cultists, and how it might be an allusion to that, and it was all I could think about during his gladiator sequences in the prison, how it mirrored Conan the Barbarian.

No it doesn't. Racism isn't caused by gross misunderstandings or mental deficiency. It's learned from experience.

>realized
It's almost as if he is supposed to be a role model or something

Mahershala Ali should have played Diamondback or at least not died. He was absolutely incredible. That laugh of his, his mastery of changing moods and tones: first class acting.

What Im kind of thinking is that in Infinity Wars part 1, Tony and friends get their asses beat, and Tony and friends flee back to earth. Part 2 is getting everyone they can find, which would include AoS and putting the word out to people all over the planet which is picked up by the defenders.

>Racism isn't caused by gross misunderstandings or mental deficiency. It's learned from experience.
That would be nice, wouldn't it?

It's not learned at all, it's natural biology.

time.com/67092/baby-racists-survival-strategy/

Inhumans was confirmed as pushed back, not cancelled, several times.

Take your pick

Scientific racism in the modern world is built upon the material, biological reduction of the human identity brought about by Darwinian evolution user.

>pushed back
aka development hell. Because no one gives a shit about Inhumans.

>Inhumans was confirmed as pushed back, not cancelled
When? Most info i got was that it was just dropped from the schedule.

"The only situation right now is that [Inhumans] is not gonna be a part of Phase Three because Phase Three increased in a very good way since we initially announced. When and where and how it pops up remains to be seen but its characters we love, it a storyline we love and we just didn’t want to cram it in to an already quite full Phase Three." - Kevin Feige

the places with the most racism are known to have the least interactions with the people they are racists towards though

>What is the next level of bad guy after that?
Shuma-Gorath. Doctor Strange is their new headliner, so they'll use him to build up to that.

Or the most.
I've personally witnessed Indian men being treated like sons of the land and honoured guests when travelling to Scandinavia because the sight of a dark skinned stranger was so rare.
Now, brown skin = terrorist.

That's not "pushed back" that's "pushed out". He said it's not in Phase 3 anymore. He didn't conclusively say it was Phase 4. He didn't even say it's going to be in a later phase at all. He said. "When and where and how it pops up remains to be seen" for all we know that means a TV show if anything. It's the completely noncommittal kind of answer you give if you're planning to forget about it.

This post makes me cringe.
user... you are so corny...

Are you the guy who made the soundtrack for Suicide Squad.

You can't just slap any popular song into something. It has to be thematically appropriate.

Hell, some of those songs are so popular that they'll just overshadow the scene anyway.

>if you don't break into a fevered sweat when a black person walks in the room that means you're a white suburban liberal who's never met one

Hey anyone else notice that that Judas 2.0 rounds seem to explode on impact instead of drill?

Is anyone else getting really fucking annoyed with the lack of any kind of resolution in these shows?

Luke Cage vs Cottonmouth: no resolution because Cottonmouth dies from out of no where in a way that had nothing to do with Luke.

Luke Cage vs Black Mariah: No resolution because LOL cops are incompetent and "let's just kill all the witnesses" just like how Kingpin got out.

Luke Cage vs Diamondback: No resolution because Diamondback is perfectly fine and is in fact getting super powers now.

The plots just floated around and didn't end. The last few episodes were so supremely unsatisfying because fucking shit all got finished.

I think the reason why I liked Jessica Jones so much more than everyone else was because it was the only show that actually had a satisfying resolution.

>Jessica Jones
>satisfying resolution.
Resolution? sure
Satisfying? nope

You didn't feel good when Purple Man got what was coming to him? I sure did. The entire time I was dreading that they were going to cop out and not have Jessica kill him. But I was pleasantly surprised.

Is this the one where he fucks the white girl who's addicted to his strong african genes and beats up the white bois?

There aren't even any white girls in the show memelord

All in all, I feel like mixing hard drama with pulpy blaxploitation didn't work out so well. It felt like they didn't want to hard commit to either element, resulting in some middle of the road drama with the occasional cheesie scene thrown in. Cage also comes across as super uncharismatic, and the series was really light on the choreography and acting chops that made people like Daredevil. Ultimately, I'd just pin it on lack-luster directing. This series could've been amazingly stylish, given the soundtrack and the pulpy inspiration, but a lot of the time it was honestly kind of boring.

Cottonmouth was amazing, then for whatever reason they killed him off half way in and replaced him with Diamondback.
That COULD have worked, provided Diamondback was anywhere near as interesting as Cottonmouth was.

kys /poltv9k/

So while the show itself is rather tame, entertaining to watch yet not really memorable in the long run, do we actually like Luke Cage himself?

Felt long as shit if anything.

Where where the drowning and poisoning attempts? That sounded so good.

Seriously, they were atleast creative. The whole series was, "Oh my god, he's bulletproo- Oh nevermind we can shoot him again."

It got slow around the time where he got shot & had to heal imo, that was the only part that dragged on for me.

Was I in the wrong for expecting something as great as Black Dynamite?
youtube.com/watch?v=rq6qBb8Vr1w

Honestly I think the defenders characters are really lacking in charisma, and Loras Tyrell as iron fist is probably not going to help

>whats with all the snake names anyways?

Almost all of Luke Cage's early villains were animal themed in some way.
Diamondback, Cottonmouth, Cockroach, Mr Fish, etc.

Was wondering that myself. When Mariah said it, I was expecting that sequence from Cage vs. Senor Muerte where he's chained up in the sewer outlet with the tide coming in. But they went nowhere with it.

The worst part about Diamondback was every other thing out of his mouth was something bible related. He's definitely most shallow Netflix villain.

ill disagree with the methodman improv song, but the cameo itself in the shop really was GOAT.

Still not as shallow as Season 2 Nobu.

tfw Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and DD are just the origin story of Night Nurse.

I liked Diamondback when he was a shrewd businessman working with Maraiah, less so when he was a dime-store Joker with daddy issues.

I mean, he was the son of a Preacher and super desperate for his father's affection, so it'd make sense that he would start on that shit early. That and the highlighted bible gave a bit of insight to just how crazy he was.

That being said, I still don't think he was a good villain. Especially compared to Cottonmouth.

the whole judas plot device made no sense
>diamondback is the supplier
>explicitly only has one bullet left
>is able to supply the police with judas bullets
>why isn't he just giving them to his men

of course it is, it's 13 hours you silly billy

Question about an episode early in the second half of the season: Misty sees that Luke Cage has been shot, says something like "oh you have an alibi", then she gets a phone call - right afterward, she tries to arrest Cage for the murder of Cottonmouth and seems to hate the guy. What the fuck happened in that call?

Iron Man and Captain America are well-known, popular American icons. I don't think any of the other Avengers have ever been public icons, with their identities and name plastered everywhere. Sure, it's weird to us since we know everyone's name, but why would people in the show know the names "Thor" and "Hulk"? (This isn't a rhetorical question, I just can't think of any reason they'd know their names)

WTF was up with that "Big Pharma" dig? Is there any evidence that they actually create diseases?

>implying the bazooka and the "brother" moment weren't black dynamite tier

>Anyone find any dope Easter eggs?
Stan Lee easter egg is just before the Method Man cameo, he's on a poster outside when Luke sees the guys go in to rob the place

because cops shooting black guys is relevant

My favorite netflix show so far. Definitely way better than Jessica Jones.

Long-term from years of dating in the comics. This is their first appearance in the MCU
Claire's getting killed in Defenders and him being over Reva moves him along to actually forgiving JJ.

How are people this stupid?

I don't know. I agree that the other Avengers probably wouldn't have as well known histories as Cap or Tony, but they would still be pretty famous. We've seen how famous people with minimal talent are in this society (Kardashians, reality stars, mistresses of famous people,etc). Imagine the amount of intrigue/admiration/disgust/bewilderment the Avengers would cause. They are probably THE most famous people in the world.

I thought it had a fuckton more going on than JJ. That show definetely felt stretched and the drama with the neighbors felt really forced. There was actual weight and history to the stuff going on in Luke Cage and it really kept going instead of stalling out for long periods of time like JJ or S1 of DD.

every fucking time

BULLETPROOF
BLACK
MAN
BULLETPROOF BLACK MAN
A little bit on the nose, don't you think

He's the Netflix shows' Starscream. He's a good manipulator and charasmatic and smart enough not to get knocked off like Zip and Ton.

inhumans was cancelled because tv shows already explored it, so they can't really use it in the movies anymore
it's all about the feige-perlmutter feud

That's the thing, they tried pulp, but there was like two good moments of it stretched across 13 hours of show.

Diamondback was awesome and my current favorite Netflix-Marvel villain

I can understand Widow, Hawkeye and Thor not being that well known being being spies and gods, but you'd think they'd get their names right.
Tony's probably been selling Avengers merchandise since day 1, there's not a chance in hell half the kids in Harlem don't have Hulk hands, inflatable Mjolnir's or photoshopped Widow porn

i like how the cousins had their roles switched somewhat, with cottonmouth being a head gangster despite not really being made for that, and mariah being the politician despite being crooked to the core and much better at taking up gangsta shit than cottonmouth

Isn't this canon? Weren't they selling Avengers merch in a store in AOS?

Nah the show was great

I'm really scared about Defenders

what main villain are they gonna use? Daredevil S2 implied it's gonna be the hand and elektra. I fucking hope it's not, leave that shit for s3.

>inhumans was cancelled because tv shows already explored it, so they can't really use it in the movies anymore

TV show hasn't touched the city of Attillan and the Inhuman royal family which would obviously be what the movie be about.

This is the type of thinking that ruined the tone of Suicide Squad.

So presumably Obama was president in the MCU but wasn't reelected because Ellis used the Chitauri invasion as a springboard for his campaign really well. So why was he referenced that much? Especially how he sang a song during a 2012 speech, if he wasn't reelected anyway?

Hopefully Luke pulls the stick out of his ass in future appearances

>what main villain are they gonna use?

I say they go full insanity and do the Headmen!

But it seems more likely, given the Defenders hype trailer that it's going to probably be The Hand, which means generic as fuck Ninjamen as the main villain.
Seriously. Even in the comics the Hand is shit at being anything beyond a disposable goon brigade.

I mean there was resolution to each of those things. You just didn't like like the resolution. JJ had to end everything Killgrave because Killgrave was to dangerous to keep alive. They're intending for Luke Cage to go for multiple seasons so therefore they didn't want to kill off his major villains which is honestly more faithful for a comic book adaption than killing everyone off.

Honestly? The writers are hacks is the only real answer, it's a continuty
the retconny answer is something like Obama doesn't have to be the current president in order for him to be referenced on the show.

Just saying what is happening right now with marvel studios and marvel television. They wanna hide it, but it's pretty obvious. There's a big feud and unless avengers infinity war proves otherwise, tv shows and movies will be keep seperate.

>what main villain are they gonna use?
Probably the hand as main villain with maybe appearances by other side villains.

Luke Cage was actually pretty bad about killing his villains early on. And Gideon Mace is like the only one retconned into surviving an apparent death.

Honestly? The writers are hacks is the only real answer, it's a continuty
the retconny answer is something like Obama doesn't have to be the current president in order for him to be referenced on the show. He could be the secretary of state or vice president for all we know. Or hell, he was elected before Ellis, at a younger age, supplanting bush, or he's running right now in continuity.
Besides, even if obama doesn't get reelected he still would have been the the first afro american president.

He was fucking crazy and was obsessed that he was a pastor's bastard son. That was his whole thing. I thought he was great.

Understand one thing:

The entire underlying motivation of the show's villains is fighting gentrification in harlem with gangster shit and politics, the white man never stops being the bad guy in that respect

>spidey
kek I just find it hilarious we will never get to see shit like shadowland because spidey is too big to be on tv show

Things don't have to be 100 percent like they are in the comics. Most things in the MCU aren't like they are in the comics. All the villains that have been killed off in the movies are still alive for the most part.

>Obama doesn't have to be the current president in order for him to be referenced on the show.
That's what I said, but why specifically mention a speech that didn't get him reelected

I forget, what relation did The Hand have with Kingpin in comics again? Was it a partnership or was there a sect that answered to him?

Well if you're a foreigner then you have no context as to why race relations in the US is such a big issue because you're not a part of the culture. Of course you don't give a shit about it.

I think we need a compilation of Cottonmouth laughing

>southern black DIO
I never knew I wanted this

YES!

When more people actually watch the whole series they'll appreciate Diamondback more. He really was black Dio.

I really hope we're not gonna get this whole "we have to renew every fucking show". I swear if jessica jones gets renewed for a fucking third season I'll be pretty pissed. not every show deserves 5 fucking seasons

where is my blade series
where is my moonie series

Black widow is so out of place there

I get what you're saying I was really expecting the series to be a little more upbeat like I was hoping that after that bit where Luke is helping everybody get back the stuff cottonmouths guys stole from them on his way to pop's funeral it would lead to him becoming harlem's hero for hire and we would have a bit more of him doing broad daylight heroics and earning the peoples respect but instead we had him mostly moping and trying to run away and the people not really knowing what to think of him until right near the end.

Why does every fight scene in these netflix shows have to be at night anyway?

>Spiderman Will always be considered "Street Level"
>nigga can fight the entire Avengers, At once, To a tie.
>Has been on virtually every fucking Super Hero Team and held his own
>Can go Toe to Toe with every other hero or villian
>street level

This shit will never be Not Funny

that's a popular excuse to have him only guest appearing in the super hero teams, instead of making him full time avenger or something. HE'S TOO BIG to be an avenger, marvel knows that. everybody knows that.

it's a meta thing, you artificially create a villain for people to hate so you can create/supply a hero to take him down and get everybody on your side.

Most mental things people get treated for? People are over medicating on the drugs which Pharma makes great money off of

I kinda hope in a season 2 they can get a Hammer industries conspiracy going. Sam Rockwell apparently hated working with Marvel, though, or at least that's what he said on Maron's podcast.

.....but he did all hail the king cameo....

The Hand would fit better fighting a team then just DD, so it most likely will be the villain. DD season 3 will be Fisk again and probably Bullseye working for him.

The kicker is they said that RIGHT after i said it, the friends i was watching it with couldn't stop laughing

Things have probably shifted a lot the last couple of years on the movie side at least. There have been a lot fewer cases of people saying those things, Directors seem to be a lot more chill now, Ike is gone from the movies, actors who were previously done have interest again (like Hugo Weaving). Probably not the same for TV/Netflix though

this

in Hollywood right now, Marvel Studios seems like one of the chiller places to work (Gunn, Wakashaka, etc)

Misty should have been the love interest
Cottonmouth shouldn't have been killed off

It was good but easily the weakest in the MCU shows.

>easily the weakest

hahahahahah

my brother who don't read comics at all
or care about superhero stuff all that much
really enjoyed it

The prison doctor was the slimy lawyer (for Avon and Marlo), and Omar's blind uncle/handler was the magazine stand owner in episode 1

SOMEONE POST A FUCKING WEBM OF THE ROCKET LAUNCHER

Yeah, I was really expecting that to happen.

>They couldn't make up their mind on whether they were competent or not.

Just like in real life.

You just made the most cliched soundtrack ever. Glad you had no say in what was put in the show

I don't know how they did it, but they got me to like damn near every single antagonistic character in the show, even the bit players.

>it's a mcu "no helmet" policy. can't have actor's faces covered with helmet.
That's not a MCU thing, it's a Hollywood thing in general.

Does anyone elses armpits stink?

Sadly Detective Tittymonster is the only one we really get anything of. Hell, Intern Tittymonster is always covered up.
Stop teasing muh dick Marvel

When he first showed up with the guns. I thought he'd of made a good classic take on blade.

Still loved his DB take.

Wait, did they just forget to take / show them taking the shrapnel out of Luke's shoulder? They showed Claire get the pieces out of his gut wound that they had imaged earlier, and then acted like that was all that needed to be done.

youtube.com/watch?v=DnPivvjvleI

At the very least the characters weren't complete retards who capture the main villain and let him go several times.

It was kinda hard for me to get over him being Juice in SOA. Considering he was a whiny pussy in that.

His motivations were weak as fuck. "Daddy liked you more than me"

"Daddy sent me to juvi and not you, that is somehow your fault now"

>where is my blade series

On Spike, like a decade ago. Being irrelevant because it didn't have Snipes.

>that tit squeeze

Hello? He's mentally unstable?
Rational thought is clearly not the guy's forte.

Black Mariah really seemed like a slightly more likeable Hillary Clinton in this show

I have a lot of hope for her. Besides shades, she was the only one who was able to think reasonably.