Marvel's Plan to take back the Market Share is literally just more variants

not gonna bother green texting the ones in picrelated

>Marvel Comics ask retailers to order IVX #1 at 300% of their numbers of Extraordinary X-Men #11, to get the party promotional package. Then, on top, retailers can order the Chip Zdarsky Deadpool Party variant version, the Christopher Action Figure variant, the Blank variant, the Hip Hop variant, the Black Panther (below) variant, two copies of the Premium variant cover. 100 IVX postcards, 20 lithographs and 25 Marvel 2017 calendars. Then there’s a 1:50 Kenneth Rocafort (above) cover variant and a bunch of others, un-tiered.

>And for retailers who go for 350% of those Extraordinary X-Men numbers, there are massive discounts – with smaller discounts for those who order just 300% or 250%.

>But this is just the start. There are also big discounts for retailers who order,

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/30/john-romita-srs-art-recycled-amazing-spider-man-renew-vows-1-11000-variant/
youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw
newsarama.com/31093-dc-comics-december-2016-solicitations.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s_8KR-n2fBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yyOhl19wys0
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/22/stan-lee-chinese-movie-superhero-monkey-master
youtube.com/watch?v=lRe2Rs7LomY
youtube.com/watch?v=TDjBOO57cj0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6jEPTowwQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Avengers #1 – linked to 200% or 150% of orders for All-New All-Different Avengers #10. There are also retailer exclusive variants where retailers order 3000-5000 copies

>Foolkiller #1 – linked to 125% or 100% of orders for Deadpool #14.

>Occupy Avengers #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Moon Knight #2.

>The Unworthy Thor #1 – linked to 175% or 125% of orders for Mighty Thor #8. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Amazing Spider-Man #14. Oh, also it’s $4.99 now. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Avengers #1.1 – linked to 200% or 175% of orders for All-New All-Different Avengers #10.

>Black Panther: World Of Wakanda #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Black Panther #3. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>Invincible Iron Man #1 – linked to 250% or 200% of orders for Invincible Iron Man #10.

>Venom #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Moon Knight #3. This also has a retailer exclusive variant. And a 1:1000 variant.

>Ghost Rider #1 – linked to 150% or 125% of orders for Punisher #2. This also has a retailer exclusive variant.

>USAvengers #1 had 53 state variant covers and a secret artist variant for stores who order one of each state.

>Oh and Thanos #1 also has a retailer exclusive variant.

Fuck I hate Marvel

>100 IVX postcards
HOW CAN DC EVEN COMPETE?

They're trying to crash the industry again.

>100 IVX postcards, 20 lithographs and 25 Marvel 2017 calendars.

Just crash my industry up

How's that SJW pandering working out for them?

THIS is why I am so frustrated with Marvel. Not because of "SJW pandering," but because of the the way the pull cynical, underhanded crap like this for the sake of sales.

Nobody is forcing stores to do any of this shit. It's all incentives to encourage stores to order more, sure. I know my LCS is just ordering what they know they can sell. If they can't get a variant or whatever, oh well.

This is all quite stupid.

HOUSE OF IDEAS BABY

Cred Forums Pass user since April 2016.

Mine is doing that as well because pre orders for Nower are in the toilet.

I just realized IvX takes place at around the same time as Justice League vs Suicide Squad. In fact, I even think before JLvsSS, yet I have a sneaking suspicion that JLvsSS will finish first and will cost less to collect than IvX

yeah, which is why it's a shit plan. This shouldn't be how you should entice stores to buy your product.
>DAAAEH ORDER MORE OF OUR SHIT PRODUCT SO YOU CAN ORDER THIS EXCLUSIVE SHIT PRODUCT

If this actually works they must have brainwash all the retailers years ago to suck Marvel's dick.

I cant wait to see them and their shit minority driven comics burn, so they can rise from the ashes and have the real heroes back in starring roles.

JL v SS is all $2.99 per issue

IvX is $4.99. Marvel can rot in hell

>IvX is $4.99.
ARE X-FAGS BAD ENOUGH DUDES?

Marvel is still doing well at my LCS. Old Man Logan sells like crazy. Detective is the best selling book, but Marvel is doing as well as DC overall. Just not the Marvel bottom books of course like Squirrel Girl or Moon Girl or whatever.

DC Rebirth numbers are just typical DC numbers at my LCS. They dropped off after the #1's immediately. People didn't buy #2's.

>implying they ever will
they made fun of that train of thought and called it Marvel Old user. Marvel returning back to form never ever.

Then they will suffer in sales and die. Disney will sell the character rights in a few years and WB will reign in a new era of marvel kino.

Hmm that's strange. Sales are high everywhere else

t. Bendis

Yeah, it's sounding like that's happening with some other stores, too.

X-Fags are cucks. They think if they buy enough X books that Marvel will give them back the Xmen and stop with this Inhuman shit.

>Marvel attempting to get back on top
>oh interesting I wonder what new books and stories they will make to win fans back
>it's all seedy business sales practices and nothing on the actual content

Isn't IvX Marvel's big even for December or will Civil War 2 will be limping to the barn still?

Yep. And even I, X-fag, think that plan is idiotic. I mean, fine, your money your rules. I'm not spending this little cash I have on some useless crusade.

bleedingcool.com/2016/09/30/john-romita-srs-art-recycled-amazing-spider-man-renew-vows-1-11000-variant/

The quality you can only expect with a Marvel variant.

>Marlel
>Big events

When everything a big event, nothing is. But yeah Civil War will still be dragging on into December

It's basically the same thing as New 52 was at my store. A lot of people came in for the #1's. Numbers have already drifted back down to previous numbers before Rebirth. Except there are two issues of the top DC books a month now, and very few "bottom of the barrel" books.

Shit like Aquaman is already back to typical Aquaman numbers. There are no new Aquaman readers.

11,000 variant covers for Renew Your Vows?!?! Holy SHIT!

>There are no new Aquaman readers.

Then why does he sell more than Captain America?

>, two copies of the Premium variant cover.

Wait, they have to do all that shit just to order ONE variant? Or to be able to order those variants in general?

This feels like a bit of a scam.

I mean how many people buy comics for the cover anyway?

You could just go online, find the cover you want and print it out if you need it that badly.

>This feels like a bit of a scam.

It is

In their eyes it's probably good business sense - you can make far more money producing piles of variants rather than spending time crafting a good story that keeps people coming back for issues after #1.

They should know better. This sort of shit led to their bankruptcy the last time

it's all for naught since Marvel will just use this as evidence to show Inhumans are selling.
Marvel be having 3 big fucking events at the same time what the fuck?

contrast this convoluted bullshit to the way DC is doing variants now-- every single issue of every single comic gets 1 variant, but there's no red tape for retailers to deal with, so if say for example a shop only wants to order 10 copies of a book, they can order 10 of cover a, 10 of cover b, or (what my lcs appears to be doing) 5 of each

of course then they went and did a bunch of incentive variants of Harley Quinn #1 and All-Star Batman #1 anyway, but from all indications those actually sold, so eh

I've actually lost count of how many times I've told X-fags that if they want Marvel to listen they have to drop all the books they are getting from them. That's how you hurt a business

Those sales numbers are to stores, not readers. If it's like New 52, some retailers may be ordering to have back issues for later. People would come in to my LCS looking for New 52 early issues. They STILL do. (They're all gone.)

Also, just left over from adjusting sales. I could never run a LCS, it's maddening. You order 20 copies of Aquaman #whatever. Sell 12, only 5 are from pull-lists, rest are off-the-shelf. Okay, so you adjust your order down to 15 for the next issue. Suddenly you sell all 15 copies and have people asking for more. So you bump back up to 20. Then get stuck with 10 copies.

I talk to my LCS owner and he tells me all this shit. Most people don't bother with a pull list. Or they disappear for months at a time. They'll come back in after being gone six months and wonder why he stopped pulling for them, etc.

>it's all for naught since Marvel will just use this as evidence to show Inhumans are selling.
>mfw I said IvX will be the best-selling Inhuman book ever

>Those sales numbers are to stores, not readers

Not by issue 6 they aren't faggot

Even by #6 they are. Read the rest of what I said.

>207 Drax 10 $3.99 Marvel 9,338

If you think all 9,338 copies sold to readers, you are a moron. People drop series as it goes on, even with retailers adjusting downwards. I'd guess at least 10% of those are still in stores, if not more.

So Xavier Lancel is a moron in this context.

So all the evidence we have from retailers saying Rebirth keeps selling out is bullshit just because of the second hand information you're getting from your store?

Those types of variants I don't mind - same price as the main cover, no set number of copies to order to get them.

My LCS does the same thing with ordering a mix of the two covers. It did mean I got stuck with this monstrosity when it was the only cover my LCS had left of this issue.

>Xavier Lancel
Is this the guy that took over from Paul O'Brien? I haven't read any of those breakdowns in a long time.

No, I'm just saying it's not necessarily all great. It's repeating New 52 patterns at my store. I do think it's good DC's numbers have improved.

>I got stuck with this monstrosity

HAHAHA stupid retarded faggot!!!

I'm so high.

>GL/TMNT crossover out of nowhere
I kinda want it now.

If retailers keep saying Rebirth is selling out at their store, they aren't ordering enough in the first place.

is that bull cow thing supposed to be someone?

>Is this the guy that took over from Paul O'Brien?

I think so. I can't remember if there was a guy who did the analysis between O'Brien leaving and Lancel starting them.

They were probably understandably cautious after Convergence and DC You were flops, and expected that Rebirth might be the third in a row.

They don't care anymore. They've got Disney to fall back on now, they have no worries about going out of business again.

I know my LCS has complained about the New Super Man book sales dropped like a rock after #1, so I'm curious how that will perform when we get September's numbers.

>New Super Man 1* $2.99 DC 117,684
>New Super Man 2* $2.99 DC 72,522

Nobody knows what supposed to be up with that.

I like the way DC is doing it. 1 artist per book doing variants, it's pretty cool. Too bad Sienkiwicz is being wasted on Harley Quinn though, cause his covers have been pretty sweet. Same with Bermejo.

I don't think so. Here's some random GL art from same artist.

IvX will sell because it has X-Men in the title but most of those other cash grabs look like total scams. How do comic shops make any money off Marvelshit?

So rather then getting people to buy more comics they will get retailers to order more comics so it looks like people are buying more.

At this point i fully expect diamond to give marvel comics a 10% penalty to account for this bullshit like they do returnable comics

Not right now of course but by the end of next year at the most

Why would Diamond? All that stuff is non-returnable, so it's sold to stores. Diamond is happy.

As for the 10% penalty to returnables, there is no way of knowing how many are returned, so it's arbitrary.

This is the same bullshit they've been pulling since at least the first Marvel NOW.
>You want those kinda neat variants? You'll have to buy 300% of regular sales for the first one, and 1000% more for each additional cover!
>plus shipping and handling

Wishfull thinking maybe.
I wish casuals knew that the sales numbers are just how many stores ordered not how many auctualy sold.

It is a scam.
Marvel does not care about how many copys sell just how many retailers buy because thats what makes them look good.

Between DC's constant reboots and retcons and Marvel's all round terrible writing and art I just don't bother with cape comics anymore.

I'll get back on board if both companies can start telling good stories where things actually stick longer than it takes for the headlines to go up.

It's good that it gets brought up in threads, but yeah. Most people don't look into things too deeply.

Same with how DC had 9 out of the top 10 books. This doesn't mean Marvel's books are doing way worse that month, just that DC's numbers were up.

You know I wouldn't have even believed that New Superman would debut at 72k a few months ago never mind that being what it's done for it's second

I'm more worried about the HB line

Disney aren't just going to let them keep fucking up. If they go bankrupt then a lot of people are going to be replaced. Disney likes to be synonymous with quality

>stories where things actually stick longer than it takes for the headlines to go up.
Thats hardly fair sure they instantly abandoned lex luthor ruler of apokalips but captain hydra is still happening and it looks like lois is gonna be dead for at least 2 more issues.

>Between DC's constant reboots

The last one was like 2 years ago or more and the current books are great! the fuck are you on?

Casuals still think marvel is quality.

>$2.99 books
>variants cost the same
>fewer events
>Rebirth titles

vs.

>$3.99, $4.99, $5.99 books
>variants cost even more
>constant events
>post-Secret Wars titles

it's like Marvel wants to lose their readership

>DC's constant reboots and retcons
Things casuals say.

>plus tip

Is Marvel doing another renumbering?
It's been a few months.

At least they can fall back on all the movie fans to spend money on books....wait

I will never forgive humanity if this actually works

> DC's constant reboots

garanteed replies.

I hate relaunches

How about both companies just stop making live-action movies?

Kind of. They're doing the "#1 of this storyline!" thing on some books. They also changed the titles to retailers for some starting this week.

>NOW DEADPOOL AND MERCS FOR MONEY #4
>NOW DOCTOR STRANGE #12
>NOW JESSICA JONES #1

I know my retailer was annoyed since this is how the titles are listed in their database.

DC doesn't make movies

Marvel is fucking retarded

I don't think they're quality. I think that, as the man once observed: "At Disney, Nobody fucks with The Mouse"

The Mouse paid billions for Marvel. Underperforming is definitely fucking with the Mouse.

If they can't be top noone can, why do people like modern marvel again?

Marvel, ladies and gents.Trying to crash the industry once again.

>we aren't selling the most, so lets fuck over the stores even harder

I hope DC stays on top for years just to teach them a lesson

IVX postcards, 20 lithographs and 25 Marvel 2017 calendars.

It's over DC, you tried

I'd hate to be a Marvelfag on Cred Forums these days. All the storytimes (Except vision) are full of anger and salt and they just keep getting news about how Marvel is fucking them directly.

Just as DC overtakes them in comics, Geoff Johns is going to crush Feige and the MCU and there will be nothing left of Marvel.

>100 IVX postcards

How will DC recover?

Holy shit, Marvel is fucking awful.

>Crash the superhero comic market while they have the movies to fall on, which isn't the case of their main competitor
>Doing so devalues this same competitor, making it more affordable to buy if one of the biggest empire in all entertainment (Disney) decides to do so
>Control the entire market and create a new unified universe with only the things that sell great, or that you can synergize with the movies (in short, the Marvel + Batman universe)

This.

Thinking about it dawned on me though.... its fucking genius. If the industry crashes they can try to take DC with them and compete in other avenues.

Dirty jew tricks.
No retailer can ever sell so many Marvel shit, there is just no demand.
Marvel might drive them out of business, I hope retailers won't buy.

>thinking WB is going to ever sell DC

lmao

>Marvel + Batman universe

The anti-life equation is real.

We will all be mindless drones with no free will and our entire lives will be dictated by Mouseid.

..and there won't be any Superman to save us.

This is the future you people choose. Don't come crying to me. I tried to warn you.

>And a 1:1000 variant.

Which is a recolor of 20 yr old piece of art

>impyling the hero movie bubble won't burst.

Simplify what this shit means to my retarded brain

Then I just end up buying Marvel and Batman instead.

Khan's seized control of Marvel again, hasn't he? Now he's joy-ridding in his intergalactic Winnebago.

You realize WB/Disney sells more than movies? Its why Disney wanted marvel. Batman, spider, they are sold in sooooo many ways. Toys, shows, books, movies, games, its a hugely iconic character and they get money any time an icon or their face or whatever is sold with it on their.

The movies "bursting" would not be an issue for WB/Disney. There's also NO WAY, the movies could burst in the same way comics did in the 90's. I mean yea its "possible" but so unfathomable to think that the movies would flop hard enough to be considered a "burst" We're talking a string of box office flops ON BOTH SIDES, from WB and Disney ....you know AND Fox. It could shrink, but not burst.

I'm glad the SJW Marvel will never transfer over to the MCU. It's not like I buy comics anyways. What a waste of money.

give it time. Actor contracts run out.

Eventually Lakisha will be the new Iron Woman.

Isn't D I V E R S I T Y just wonderful!

Let's see if/when people will start to have a superhero burnot. I understand that there arent only movies, but I don't know if they can still sell merchandising well without publicity. Except maybe superman, spiderman and batman.

>Except maybe superman, spiderman and batman.

Those three, along with Wonder Woman, will never not sell clothing, keyrings, coffee mugs etc etc

No matter how hard the industries could crash, people still buy that shit.

This might do well in America but not overseas. The future of Hollywood depends on pandering to Asians. And Asains won't watch that.

>I'm glad the SJW Marvel will never transfer over to the MCU

youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

Notice who isnt in the video?

Team Cap.

Couldn't they just like.... Write better quality stories?

Dude haven't you heard about the new spidey flick?

I didn't mean in specific her, you fucking spastic. Use your thinker.

Insert any minority and it works just as well.

Uhm, they do?
The new Iron "Man" will allow them to be more relevant

>marvel
>good stories

Sure they COULD, but they sure as hell aren't going to. As long as the casuals purchase a few books after watching Iron Meme 12, they're doing fine, regardless of how terrible the books are.

>Meanwhile, Vision's sales...

What are they doing even?
i aint gonna read all that

They'll do whatever the Mouse tells them to do, right now they have generate clicks for those clickbait pages that freak out with bullshit like cap hydra

Vision is the exception that makes the rule, as good as it may be.

If comic shops buy 100%-150% more issues of a comic than some other comic they bought previously they get a special rare variant they can sell for more money to retarded Marvelcuck collectors.

Do this for like all 50 books they have and you've got a giant fucking mess complicated bullshit

His point is that the sales are bad despite it being a good story.

>Vision is the exception that makes the rule
that's not how that phrase works.
something going against the rule doesn't prove the rule is real, it proves the rule is not absolute.
what that phrase refers to is how, for instance, a sign that says "Parking between 3pm-5pm only" demonstrates the rule that it is forbidden to park there outside those hours

Yeah I got that.

99% of the people who would buy good comics don't want to have to deal with the rest of the unstoppable shitstorm titan that is marvel

>JL v SS is all $2.99 per issue
Marlel is shit but you're fucking wrong here mate.

This is true of other companies as well you know. Many times good things still don't sell.

the JL and SS issues are $2.99 though so that's like 4 of them going at $2.99 with I think $4.99 book ends? I'm not sure?

Nope he's right and I was wrong. It's only the Justice League and SS tie in's that are still $2.99 and that's where I made my mistake. The mini itself is $4.99

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD #1
Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art and cover by JASON FABOK
Variant covers by TBD
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
The first major event storyline of DC’s Rebirth era begins with a day Amanda Waller always knew would come: the Justice League discovers the existence of the Suicide Squad! This government-sponsored black-ops team of super-villains with bombs implanted in their brains is obviously a deal-breaker for Earth’s paragons of truth and justice! But you can bet that the Wall and her Task Force X won’t go down without the fight to end all fights as this weekly series gets underway!
On sale DECEMBER 21 • 40 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $4.99 US • RATED T

JUSTICE LEAGUE VS. SUICIDE SQUAD #2
Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Art and cover by JASON FABOK
Variant covers by TBD
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
The first major event storyline of DC’s Rebirth era begins with a day Amanda Waller always knew would come: the Justice League discovers the existence of the Suicide Squad! This government-sponsored black-ops team of super-villains with bombs implanted in their brains is obviously a deal-breaker for Earth’s paragons of truth and justice! But you can bet the Wall and her Task Force X won’t go down without the fight to end all fights as this weekly series gets under way!
On sale DECEMBER 28 • 40 pg, FC, 2 of 6, $4.99 US • RATED T

newsarama.com/31093-dc-comics-december-2016-solicitations.html

>JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
Not worth 5 bucks but 3. Will read it though.

> “I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way,” he said. “But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

>“It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that,” he said. “Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to. Hell, I’ll do it myself.”

> Hell, I’ll do it myself.

Oh Stan. If only you had any power left in the running of the company.

They also have the holiday special at $9.99 that month. DC's probably going to clean up in December

>Jason Fabok
IDK, seems like a reasonable deal. Besides I feel like its somewhat compulsory read if JLA and other wave 2 books are tied to it.

>we originally made him white
>we originally made him
>we originally
>we

Stay mad, Ditko.

There's the Gotham special Batman annual and the Christmas Special. When's the Gotham Special out?

The blatant Marvel bias from these sites is beyond sickening. You can tell this faggot desperately wants Marvel to overtake DC in sales again.

The problem with Miles Morales is he's Miles Morales.

While Peter Parker is Spiderman at the end of the day, and he's always going to be Spiderman.

Miles could also be Thor, Cap or Wonder Woman, but he's always going to be Miles Morals first.

Not to mention the Love is Love special the same month at $9.99 for that gay and sjw money.

"I know, instead of making good comics that our fans would like, lets just do more gimmick's they hate!"

Brilliant.

It's from Bleeding Cool, it shuts on both big 2 consistently.

Pretty much

That sounds like a lot of hard work, user. I think it's best Marvel continue with their SJW pandering and attention-grabbing gimmicks.

Meh, I think they just want "something" to happen. Drama raises hits after all.

that's gonna count for IDW sales since they're the ones publishing it.

Sadly they did that with vision and despite pushing the shit out of it it bombed so they are unlikely to try again.

On the other hand miss marvel sells fone but then they went and ruoned it with civil war (although ms marvels quality is not as obvious as visions and marvel is probably stupid enough to think it only sells because of the diversity)

Not really, for the last couple of months it's been riding on comics' dick and stopping spoilers regarding them for the most part.

*ms marvel sells fine

That's a lbgt issue.

Don't retailers just send unsold comics back?

I don't think it's that straightforward. I know the shop I visited was always cautious in over ordering.

>> “I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way,” he said. “But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

this. FUCKING THIS.

based Stan.

>we originally made him white
Because 1960s USA was completely OK with non-white characters, right?

Stealing credit from Ditko again? What a bastard.

irrelevant. But please continue with the shitposts

>irrelevant because it proves me wrong

how in the hell does it prove him wrong?

Even if it wasn't socially acceptable, that doesn't mean we should throw it all out now that it is.

It works fine. Just make new characters.

>him

>Just make new characters.
That will be killed off some months later because people don't buy their books.

so therefore the obvious choice is to continue with the clickbait, sjw memeshit instead of making good stories, regardless of how well they sell?

>profit = good

Neck yourself, mate.

Well, we do have Miles now which people complain about anyway.

Mission accomplished, I suppose.

there would be nothing wrong with it if only MIles was developed more. Right now is a shelf of a character. They wasted so much potential when they decided to erase his UU universe origin. Just thinking about it makes me mad at Bendis.

So are you suggesting race would have no impact on him as a person and he would be the same Peter Parker if he grew up black or Hispanic?

race is a social construct. difference doesn't exist and doesn't make good stories.

Why is his chest logo sticking out 6 inches from his chest?

Because Injustice designs are generally garbage

>race is a social construct.

So that means it has no effect on someones upbringing?

Fucking spastic. Kill yourself.

It's from injustice, where he basically wears it like a giant medal. I've always hated the design with a passion, but you can't deny the image itself is a fantastic reaction face.

>So that means it has no effect on someones upbringing?

off course. it's the enviroment that matter you mongrel.

>it's the enviroment that matter you mongrel.

I meant in regards to other people.

Growing up alone and isolated in whatever imaginary land you're thinking of doesn't make for good characters either.

If you grow up black with a white neighbor, the child will always, always wonder why his skin is different.

Stop denying what people are.

then explain yourself better next time.

So Marvel basically
youtube.com/watch?v=s_8KR-n2fBQ

'you make my dreams' was a better song, thought out of touch is bretty gud

>it bombed
Don't meme. Trade/bookstore sales are really fucking good and it's likely to become one of their evergreen trades.

They already did when they fucked up a good run of Daredevil

And your point is?

>being a passtard

it's 2016.

Wagner Brothers is the second most powerful media conglomerate. That will literally never happen unless something earth shattering happens to the entertainment industry as a whole.

You're more likely to see WB buy Paramount.

You're right. And here in 2016 we don't go to the japanese and demand that the latest remake of Mazinger make Kouji white or black

>I mean how many people buy comics for the cover anyway?

Retailers. The people who now own the stores were the people who originally bought into the direct market as children and young adults back in the early 90s.

That 1:1000 variant? Take it to a con, get it signed by someone suitably difficult to get a signing from, and suddenly it's not just worth $200 (which we might assume is a reasonable cost considering the unsold extra orders), it's worth $500. Another retailer will buy it - for a display, as a tax-writeoff against their business. While it's on display it's working as advertisement to "bring" customers to see all the rare crap and comics. It doesn't matter whether they're really there to see that particular item.

This is how the market has worked for a long time.

The problem is that DC is now doing sale or return - which masks their lower sales because Diamond (the only figures anybody really has for the comic book market) doesn't properly account for returned copies. Most sor periodicals have about 40% to 60% returns - in comic books it's about 60% based on previous evidence (such as Archie Comics, which has always used sor and publishes average sales data once a year that you can check against, for example, the Diamond figures). There's no reason to assume 100% sales on any sor title - in fact it's ridiculous to assume that.

The secondary problem with what DC are doing is that if Marvel do in fact manage to get higher orders than DC without resorting to sor themselves, that means one of two things: either DC has really, badly, forever fucked themselves and the market stabilizes that way, or both DC and Marvel will be responsible for bankrupting short-sighted, bad-at-math store owners and local chains by flooding them with essentially worthless items. The LCS model would then collapse and there's a danger nobody would be publishing comics, because there would be no outlets for them.

So it is ok for blacks to be seen as superheros?
When most of the crime is done by them, when they are a minority? Are you joking, or something?
What is next muslim superheros?

yes. it's time to change things.

>The problem is that DC is now doing sale or return - which masks their lower sales because Diamond (the only figures anybody really has for the comic book market) doesn't properly account for returned copies. Most sor periodicals have about 40% to 60% returns - in comic books it's about 60% based on previous evidence (such as Archie Comics, which has always used sor and publishes average sales data once a year that you can check against, for example, the Diamond figures). There's no reason to assume 100% sales on any sor title - in fact it's ridiculous to assume that.

I thought that's the opposite and that making a comic returnable doesn't actually affect much on how it does?

Also, Archie is not even in the same league as DC or Marvel.

>Archie is not even in the same league as DC or Marvel.

Makes me kek so hard every time I see someone write 'Big Three' or 'Big Four'.

Is this actually serious

So true
there is only one superhero the blacks need
youtube.com/watch?v=yyOhl19wys0

welcome to Marvel.

I wonder how well this will actually work this time. Usually these variants do sadly blow up numbers to the level Marvel wants, but the tone lately has been really bleak concerning pre-orders for Marvel Nower and retailer/reader confidence in Marvel in general.

People who buy Marvel books deserve suffering.

Reminder that he in fact is doing it "himself"
theguardian.com/film/2016/sep/22/stan-lee-chinese-movie-superhero-monkey-master
Just not for Marvel

What kills me is they released a floppy with all the hip hop covers in them

What a slap in the face for retailers

So instead of creating stories people want, they're artificially boosting their sales?

Damn it, Marvel. Did you learn NOTHING from the '90s?

>being a poorfag

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

Also Diamond automatically reduces numbers for returnable books by about 10-20%. If the retailer chatter about little to no returns is true, then DC's numbers are being under-reported, not inflated.

I though some Rebirth titles were being re-edited, that has to mean the returns must be zero

Why pay an artist to make a variant when you can get an intern to photoshop one from old art?

Man, I don't even know what Marvel could do to get back interest.

I think one last relaunch, get all the characters back where they should be and commit to development one last time, allowing a lot of new characters and concepts to develop.

They've cannibalised their own market and it's not holding up.

>The variants for Harley and All-Star were retailer exclusives. These are large retailers themselves saying "Hey DC! I want a variant for my gigantic store! I'll pay for you to hire an artist to make one just for us!" Which is fine. They're not jumping through hoops to get it. Every normal DC variant is free to order.

Yes

Wait, what exactly is rebirth?

Cred Forums Pass user since April 2015

Nice pass, user.

Re printed you mean.
Some stores will have over ordered but that does mean in general very few returns.

Marvel isn't about comics. Marvel is an idea mill. This is mostly some bean counter trying to justify his position because Disney may ask why they have some guy promoting comic sales when comic sales suck and all they're really interested in is the cape-soap-opera they can sell as Films and TV shows and who can publish Star Wars fiction without having to license shit out.

>Wait, what exactly is rebirth?

Not a reboot. How many fucking times has this been said on Cred Forums. Today. Threadly.

Eighty times? Jesus Christ user.

All that's happened is that the New52 characters are remembering their old histories.

That and proper superman is back.

>idea mill

More like a clone machine who keeps cloning the DNA of clones and thus getting more and more errors.

And those who ain't clones are SJW acceptance bullshit, when they comeback being original or suporting risky but non-offensive content they maybe will be back on the right track.

>Re printed you mean.

Yes that I meant, fuck I'm tired

>That Squirrel Girl Cover
Literally the antithesis of Tyler the Creator.

>Doing so devalues this same competitor, making it more affordable to buy if one of the biggest empire in all entertainment (Disney) decides to do so
Why do idiots think that either Disney or Warner would ever sell their comic companies?

Fucking hell, I hated that character. Stupid origin story, boring powers, character literally works for a blogging website and dates hot guys.They could not have tried harder if the wanted to.

>buying a pass when there's a discount
>calling others poorfags
lol

I pretty much dropped marvel because barely any books lasted enough before they had to go back to square 0 because of the next yearly relaunch, and that's not counting the issues they spend on event tie ins. Basically most of their books are just spinning their wheels in the air with no real direction.

If nobody is buying but they want LCS to order more, there will soon be landfills of their unsold comics.

What is that?

A flying white whale.

if you use google's image search you'll that is faith valiant comics.

>ET vibes

basically this
they stop caring about winning people with good stories a long time ago.

Marvel comics don't sell to people so they want retailers to order more to cover up the fact that everyone is sick and tired of their shit. It's basically the wrongest thing to do right now.

god I hate her so fucking much.

After what said to Steve-O I've never wanted to punch someone in the face more in my life.

Only very few comics can be send back. DC had that for a few of their big titles in n52, but I don't think Marvel has offered any return options in a long while.

What did it say?

youtube.com/watch?v=lRe2Rs7LomY

based mike tyson though

I thought the types that hate Amy Schumer think humor should have no boundaries.

I got as far as $4.99.

Bet DC is just quaking in their boots.

She's a horrible person. She makes these aggressive jokes but can't take the banter herself.

You need to actually feel the consequences of your mistakes before you learn from them. Marvel pulled so much legal bullshit back then that they managed to survive stuff that should have ruined them.

this is the best one

youtube.com/watch?v=TDjBOO57cj0

I think a lot of it is she knows she didn't get where she is on merit.
Not implying sexually, she just had a lot of connections and sold herself up as a progressive woman"Don't you want that in your market?", I wager she has days that looking in the mirror she is aware how empty she is and how she is basically where she is on the shoulders of others and manipulating trends of the day. She is rather forgettable so I see her just fading off in a year or two at best.

I really hope Marvel doesn't get his shit togther. It's finally time for DC to take reign. Marvel already has the movie market.

What is wrong with her face/head? It looks way to tiny to the rest of her body.

Ironically, variant covers are pandering for middle-aged fanboys.

Her response could easily have been worse.

JLvSS is most certainly not 2.99 per issue

You don't have to lie to make marvel look bad, they do that enough themselves

>Crash the superhero comic market while they have the movies to fall on
Marvel Studios was removed from Marvel Entertainment. For all intents and purposes, Marvel Studios (ie "the movies") have nothing to do with Marvel.

>not 49 Faggots and One Dune Coon
>youtube.com/watch?v=Kw6jEPTowwQ
It's everything a Moon Man song should try to be, True Word lyrics that really makes you think even thought you aren't really a Cred Forumsfag and sick Hot Fire beats used in an interesting way.

Good stories don't sell.

#1s, variants, events, SHOCKING twists, and crossovers sell.

It's ok to be jealous, poorfag.

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

No.

Only returnable comics can be sent back.

Rebirth's first 3 months were this and some issues are being made returnable for just the first issue for other publishers.

Returnability is one reason why comics will not be sold anywhere but LCSes and bookstores. Comic publishers don't want to have to deal with their shit being returned so they don't put them out there.

Nobody cares about anthologies though.

Why the MCU pandering then?

Why would retailers buy more copies than they can sell?

Because they want all those fancy hip-hop variants.

Lel. You little shit, I got stacks of comics bigger than you.

>making money by eating into the profits of those who distribute their books

What a wonderful business model.

Congrats?

I won't be indulging any of this stuff. Extraordinary has every chance to be good. Good writer, most of the best characters, flagship book with access to most of the sandbox, etc. and it still sucks. Uncanny is readable and takes care to acknowledge and build on continuity X-fags like myself love, but it's saddled with Greg Land "art." The less said about the abomination that is All-New X-Men, the better.

The line has been dead since AvX. When Gillen left, all hope died.

It's called being fat.

They think movie goers can become comic readers. Which I can understand, but if that's what they're going for, $3.99, $4.99, $5.99 books and a thousand variants aren't going to draw in new readers. Very few people are going to into the comic shop after seeing the newest MCU movie and buy 32 pages for $4.99.

Yep, me neither. But for two of us, there's fifty of WE MUST BUY BECAUSE X-MEN WILL BE CANCELLED and I BUY IT FOR THE ART and I'LL SUPPORT EVERY BOOK THAT HAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER bunch.

>variants

I'll never understand the collector mentality. Every collector I've seen is some dude in his mid-to-late 30s/40s. How can these guys who lived through the 90s crash think their variant covers and #1s are going to be worthwhile investments?

>Marvel thinks being a controversial asshole will win them back top spot
>DC is making enjoyable comics for a wide audience
Honestly fuck Marvel at this point, they need to fire half their company and start again

Self-deprecating (making fun of yourself, often harshly) jokes are different from some random faggot making those jokes.

You collect and collect then you see "Action Comics #1 sold for three millions" headlines.
Then you, naturally, go and buy latest Iron Man vol. 6 #1 because that'll be worth four power armors in the Wasteland.

>I know my LCS is just ordering what they know they can sell
Same with mine. Not every store in this smart, unfortunately.

Because they want the quick buck of selling the variant on ebay. They equally part of the problem. They need to just tell Marvel to fuck off.

Disney doesn't care about the comics division, it's only kept alive for rights purposes. If they really had a problem with Marvel's business practices they would've done something by now. But since casuals and retailers fall for this shit every fucking year, nothing is going to change.

You know Mootwo is considering gutting the site or adding more/malicous ads and popups if more people don't buy passes, right? That man is a hero.

Stan was okay with Black Panther being a thing.

I buy a cover if I think it looks cool, it has nothing to do with collecting. I don't plan on ever making money off of modern day floppies. That's why I like what DC is doing, giving me a second option at the same price, some of their variants are cool.

>Even the Outhousers sans the people who really hate Dan Didio are warming up to Rebirth

Other than people like Herald. They're liking Rebirth from what I read. They all have shit taste though, they think Dan Jurgens' Action Comics is better than Gleason Superman.

It's because selling a run/set of variants is an easy way to make quick cash, hardly the thousands that rare golden age comics make but a respectable amount nonetheless.

The variants are helping DC's numbers. Stores order more because some people buy both covers. This isn't a huge amount, but it adds up.

>I don't plan on ever making money off of modern day floppies

Nobody should. There isn't money to be made unless you get lucky. How can you make money off a comic that the retailer paid 50% of cover for? If there was money to be made they'd stockpile that shit.

People still come into the LCS and say they want 5 copies of whatever #1 and they're putting them into their safe. You can't tell these people that the bubble burst over 20 years ago. There mind is made up.

Then Marvel comes and publishes book with variants.

I read a post on cbr that said Green Arrow is one of the worst books he's ever read.

That was in the 70s, user.

It's pretty bad but the art keeps it from being "one of the worst"

Other than the mediocre filler arc with Emi, it's pretty solid user.

excuse my ignorance but how is this model doing that?

LCS need to order a gorillion issues to receive a variant copy. 1:50 means that the LCS needs to order 50 copies of an issue to receive 1 variant. These stores order more than they can sell in the hopes of selling the variant copy at a higher cost. If the store only sells 30 copies of the issue, they have 20 issues laying on the shelf for months, destined for the $1 bin.

Somehow they do. I think it's because there are some variants from the 90's that still do go for a lot. Like for instance there's still people who pay at least $100 for the Ruby Red variant of Danger Girl #2.

But then there's also guys like this.

>52
IT'S REAL

Wait, he spent $115 EACH? Did he mean $1.15? Did he mean Canadian or Aussie dollars?

Did he spend 115 American dollars on Before Watchmen?

I didn't save the OP's image, but one poster figured out that he lived on the west coast based on the note and the time he posted.

So it's safe to say he really did spend $115 each on each variant.

>115
I hope that's yen or something

Vison did fine, it's just getting cut short because of King signing over to DC.

How are people seriously not able to see that Vision was always a stealth mini? It doesn't have a concept capable of sustaining an ongoing and even if it was continuing past issue 12 it would be cancelled shortly after because whatever writer they put on the book wouldn't be able to keep the momentum going.