Rebels 3.03 "The Antilles Extraction"

>Rebels Recon #3.02: Inside Holocrons of Fate"
youtu.be/UiXf--t6oZE

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtu.be/frdj1zb9sMY

>/swco/ Dubs: Son of Dathomir #1
youtu.be/vqkHTHPz5x0

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/765952422468546560
icpe.tumblr.com/post/151231414769/season-3-episode-3-star-wars-rebels-doodles#notes
youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ&feature=youtu.be
mega.nz/#!LJQk3QIb!79ndYI_adntrT7asJ8OiGyXJQwAsxexJfzuzGP3xCv8
youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w
twoddl.link/star-wars-rebels-s03e02-720p-1080p-web-dl-dd5-1-aac2-0-h-264-yfn/
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696
mega.nz/#!a4lwWZRR!4M0KO5zUa4_Kvas0_8QXGF7oKaNNVo0ZyYXUNdlQLdA
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR90_corvette
twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/771834896322932737
twitter.com/Voldemorgoth/status/771837172928417792
instagram.com/p/zn5nX0oVE2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>another Bendu thread
Benduanon please

Right-o.

Next thread will be giantess edition

So I've watched this three times, trying to like it every time- and I just can't. It's pure garbage.

So the question becomes- with the pieces in play at the end of these films, can a better director and writer salvage it in episode 4?
Or is this story rotten to the core?

Been a while

>More Bendu

It's good to know that I'm not the only one tired of Maul.

>Don't touch the child
Triggered.

What do you dislike least?
Benduposting
or /ss/posting ?

Benduposting
/ss/ is getting tired

Posting

/swco/ was a mistake

Star Wars Canon Novels

Star Wars Canon Comics

which one of these are any good?

mainly looking at adult novels

>Got lucky and snagged the PS2 port of TFU for $4
>Still down a power cable and memory card
Nostalgia will have to wait I guess

Did Empire's End really get pushed back by a month? I thought it was coming out at the end of January.

All of them.

Lost Stars and Lords of the Sith were both very good. Lost Stars can definitely be enjoyed by an adult and it's sort of in a category of its own. It's probably the most recommended novel of the new canon.

>liking books

It got pushed back, yep.

twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/765952422468546560

>all if them

but, that's wrong

Judging by the ones I've read:

Tarkin (though some people find it kind of slow and boring. It's fun if you like biographies) > Lords of the Sith > Bloodlines (really depends on whether you like the politics of Star Wars. Not necessarily the Senate scenes in the movies, but if you liked the episodes of TCW where Padme would go on political missions then you will love this book)

>it was coming out one time
>it's now coming out at a later time
>this is not a delay

Forgot to mention that Weapon of the Jedi is a really good look at Luke training to become a Jedi. If you're into how the force works and how the Jedi meditate, etc I would recommend it. Listen to the audiobook too since it's only about 3 hours long.

>Aftermath
>good

Pick one

The funniest part of it is that whoever runs their Twitter decided to take a stand on it and began arguing with random people to try to get them to see his point of view.

>hating the prequels

Fuck.

You.

Oh, wow.

But Episode IV has the same writer and director.

What is she, /swco/?

an alien

a lesbian

An angel? They live on the moons of Iego, I think.

She is not as cute as the other sets of yellow buttcheeks

Sauce on this?

icpe.tumblr.com/post/151231414769/season-3-episode-3-star-wars-rebels-doodles#notes

Has anyone else here got that really weird edition of Aftermath, where it's the size of a hardback, but it's got a paperback binding?

Thanks!

>where do I sign up for the Bad Batch?

Brother?

next episode preview when?

remember when they took that line literally and made it a species in TCW kek

Yesterday, at the end of the weekly Recon video.

STar Wars Trooper ongoing comic when?

There is no idle comment in Star Wars that is not taken seriously, despite the fact that some characters are liars.

Anyone got a mega of yesterday's episode?

I mean it's not even that bad and it was probably an idea from Lucas himself, but i find it funny that they took the words of a 8 year old boy and made it something so literal

one of the problems with Star Wars is that they cannot fathom the idea of the unreliable narrator.

everything any character says is literal fact in Star Wars.

Now that they did Thrawn, when the fuck are they gonna fully canonize Darth Plagueis and give some details about him ? I don't care about Revan, just give me Palpatine's master for fuck's sake

Plagueis isn't important to the OT era, which is what SW is focusing on right now.

You guys got the original movie or prequel novels? The movie download is taking a bit to long for me (around 8 hours for one of them).

>canonize Darth Plagueis
But he already is

pls respond

Are we doomed to never get anything else related to the prequels era except little references here and there ? That sucks

I mean in the sense that we don't know much about him, we don't even know his species
Well if they make anything about him in the future they would have to make him a Muun because everyone knows Plagueis as a Muun. Which sucks because Muuns look retarded

>Are we doomed to never get anything else related to the prequels era except little references here and there ?
No, it's just going to be a while is all.

Tarkin, Lords of the Sith, and Lost Stars are good.

Aftermath, Aftermath: Life Debt, and Dark Disciple are bad.

Everything else is meh.

Stewjon was also Lucas's idea. And despite the Disney reboot, it's still canon.

Does anyone know if there's a trade paperback edition of Aftermath: Life Debt?

Not usually this soon after it's initial release. Give it until next year some time.

Stewjon was funny, a bit weird since it's supposed to be Obi-Wan's home planet, but maybe we shouldn't take Star Wars that seriously, especially if Lucas himself didn't take it too seriously

Well, got the Aftermath Trade Paperback in December last year, and that was released at the same time as the hardback in September.

pic is what the trade paperback looks like, it's not a normal paperback

It was less of an idea and more a joke me made on a talk show that the wook made canon

>it's not a normal paperback
What does that mean?

It has dimensions that can be considered....unnatural.

The problems the prequels have is not about the story, it's about the gags and presentation.

look at the size of it next to the spine of the hardback edition in the image, it's like they've taken the hardback pages and slapped on a paperback cover

>Muuns look retarded

That's what a trade paperback is though.

Pfft

I bet you doubt that the Millenium Falcon made the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs

>Well if they make anything about him in the future they would have to make him a Muun

Not really. Because, as you said;

>we don't even know his species

Lucasfilm can go and make Plagueis whatever the fuck they want.

Though honestly, I can understand why they don't bother with Plagueis. He's just another irrelevant Sith Lord that lived between Bane and Sidious. As it stands, his only accomplishment was being Sidious' mentor. We don't really need anything on him beyond that.

....right, and a normal paperback is smaller than a hardback, thus;
"it's not a normal paperback"

>his point of view

well, from a certain point of view ....

If it did it means Han Solo was shipping drugs made by wookie slaves. huurh uughghhhgh huurh huuguughghg

But it is a normal trade paperback.

I think the distinction you are looking for is it's not a mass market paperback.

There are a number of dated gags in the OT too though. The entire Endor sequence is littered with them.

Bruh, are you autistic or something?

The term "paperback" is colloquially understood to mean "mass market paperback", this on top of the mention of a distinct difference between what a TPB looks like and a "normal paperback" makes it obvious that "normal paperback" in the post is referring mass market paperback.

Are there any comics about the time between III and IV centering around Vader?

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ&feature=youtu.be

I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THIS

Well they did make Thrawn exactly what he was in Legends (in a matter of species), why wouldn't they with Plagueis ?

And also, Plagueis is a little more than another Sith Lord since he supposedly could manipulate Midi-chlorians and all. Although it seems unlikely they'll ever reference Midi-chlorians ever again since most normies jumped on the Prequel hate and believe the idea of Midi-chlorians is retarded (even though it's really not that stupid)

>Mr. Plinkett's The Star Wars Awakens Review

I don't want to hear any of his arguments, but out of curiosity is he dragging TFA through the shit, or sucking its dick?

user, the power to destroy waifus is at your command.

Oh great, another 10 years worth of senseless nitpicking and inane ramblings from 15 year olds who know nothing of film.

I don't think so. Star Wars Rebels is fleshing that area out.

>Well they did make Thrawn exactly what he was in Legends

Because that's tied to hid identity.

> why wouldn't they with Plagueis ?

I'm not saying they wouldn't. I'm saying they don't have to.

>Plagueis is a little more than another Sith Lord since he supposedly could manipulate Midi-chlorians and all

Until Lucasfilm says otherwise, that was probably just Sidious bullshitting Skywalker to entice him. In that same conversation, he says Plagueis taught his apprentice everything he knew, and then right after he christened Vader, he says that together they'd discover how to cheat death with the force to save Padme.

Really, Plagueis was nothing more than a meantime Sith Lord. He's no more relevant than any other between Bane and Sidious.

Is Ezra still going to continue down the dark side path or did they already kill it with the last two episodes.

Where can I watch the new episode?

Concept: A fledgling dark side user doesn't need o be edgy every waking minute of his life when it's a new part of his characterization. He also doesn't have a stable dark side mentor with him 24/7 to force him to stay edgy all the time. It's the first time they saw Maul since Malachor, and the holocron is only an influence when Ezra uses it.

Google it.

20 mins in and he's just talking about fandoms and Lucas right now.

So yes or no

I skipped around but he gives TFA a lot of passes. Especially Kylo ren and Rey. I'm really not surprised but we're going to be raided by Cred Forums using the same exact arguments he's using.

too early to say

>Midi-chlorians is retarded
It is retarded, but it's meant to be retarded since it shows how arrogant the Jedi had become. They believed the force was something they could measure and control. Yoda clearly doesn't give a shit about it anymore in Empire strikes back when he tells Luke that size doesn't matter and only the force matters.

If you compare the Jedi in clone wars with the Jedi code it's pretty clear that they have lost their way.

Well they have to do it soon cause they only have a couple more seasons before this show is replaced by the one that takes place during the sequal trilogy

That's called a softcover.

We're two episodes into a 20-odd episode season.

It's a softcover paperback. A mass market paperback are the smaller ones.

Yeah well that mostly gave me a bunch of reviews and I was mostly thinking about a download link...but anyway, watchcartoononline did the trick.
That was a really good episode. Ending was very abrupt, but damn if it didn't want me to see more.
Maul mindreading Hera was kinda hot, and him throwing Kanan out of the airlock was intense. His manic giggle at the end was also great. Wonder if he was talking about Obi-wan?

Anyone have a clear pic of the pinup painted on the Clone ships. I've never really seen it.

You're going to have to be way more specific.

>A way to stop the sith
>Twin suns
Yes Maul saw Obi-Wan, Ezra saw Luke.

Two suns. He was obviously talking about obi wan.

No canon comics, no. Dark Horse's "Darth Vader and the..." comics were all set in the first year or so after RotS, though.

So I guess we're getting an episode where Ezra meets luke? They'll probably head out to tattoine at some point and coincide with Maul again. He'll probably be one of the reasons why Luke wants to join the alliance and how he learns his buddy Wedge defected.

Luke's buddy was Biggs. He didn't meet Wedge until Yavin.

Oh yeah. Thanks. Still. Ezra will probably be one of the reasons he wants to join the rebels. They'll either be stopping Maul out there or stopping some imperial injustice and he'll get to see it.

Na we won't see Luke it would mess with the OT dynamic too much. We could see Obiwan though since he's been in the clone wars and in rebels of you count the hologram

No, Luke didn't know Wedge, he knew Biggs. In the Wedge episode there may be a Han reference though since they are both from Corellia.

Luke new fuck all about the force before A new hope but they will probably meet Obi-Wan. Hopefully it will end in time travel and explain how a mid thirties Obi-Wan ended up as a seventy year old man in the span of twenty years.

>Boo hoo Star Wars sucks now because it's too big

>In the Wedge episode there may be a Han reference though since they are both from Corellia.

I doubt that. That's about as likely as Owen knowing Kitster. It's a fucking planet. Not some small town tight knit community.

> explain how a mid thirties Obi-Wan ended up as a seventy year old man in the span of twenty years.

Obi-wan was in his late fifties in ANH. And he looked older than he actually was because he didn't keep in shape and excessive amounts of exposure to not just one, but TWO suns. Owen and Beru looked like shit too even though Owen was in his early forties and Beru in her late thirties.

>It's a fucking planet. Not some small town tight knit community.
It's a fantasy story, planets are analogous to villages in Star Wars.

the easier answer is, Lucas didn't care about stuff like ages matching up when he cast people and made up a story.

Have we seen Corellia yet in canon? I think the Star Wars comic started off at a factory in one of its moons, but I don't think anyone's actually gone there yet.

I think the next movie will be a failure, and prove that Star Wars is not 'too big to fail'. Literally nothing about it makes me want to watch it.

There's the rebels comics too that are canon from Star Wars insider

How would it mess with it if he never sees force shenanigans. Let's say there is a heavy imperial presence so they don't use force abilities or sabers openly. Or perhaps for his own safety Ezra or Kanab makes him forget. Or hell. Even Maul. If he's convinced the kid will be a weapon against the sith but only if he's unaware he'd mind wipe him in an instant. He's waited this long to strike back at the emperor. He can eat a bit longer.

There was a scene in Bloodline on Corellia, and an interlude in Life Debt.

Still no mega of yesterday's episode?

you people are fucking retarded

Obi-Wan won't let them anywhere near Luke. At this point he is obsessed with keeping him safe.

Maybe one day they will learn to check the OP, but that is not this day.

Not him, but the mega was had in the previous thread no longer has it, and it hasn't been added to the season 3 mega in the pastebin

He won't let me near my waifu. ;_;

But if he has to deal with Maul while they're dealing with something Imperial in the city, it's possible. You're also forgetting he protects Luke from afar. Once he goes into the city it changes the situation a bit.

No, please. Bendu must live forever as the thread theme. No longer will we have /swco/ instead it will just be /bendu/.

>planets are analogous to villages in Star Wars.

Outer Rim planets, maybe. Corellia is a Core planet. That, at the least, can be taken as a city. And it still makes a Han reference to be exceedingly unlikely. Village, town, city, country, continent, planet, ect. It doesn't mean they know eachother. Contrary to what Han would like others to think, he wasn't even noteworty until Jabba put a price on his head and joined the Rebel Alliance. He was just another scruffy looking scoundrel schmuck low life in the galaxy.

A literally who.

>exceedingly unlikely
Fan service is always likely dumb dumb.

The whole spider thing started as a comic where Obi-Wan killed Maul again on Tatooine. If they liked that shitty comic enough to bring Maul back in spider form they sure as hell will have him fight Obi-Wan.

If they didn't use the opportunity with the two times they had Lando on the show, what the hell makes you think they're going to do it with fucking Wedge? WEDGE!

Find the new episode in the OP. Go ahead, I'll wait.

The spider part wasn't in the comic. Just the chicken legs.

>they sure as hell will have him fight Obi-Wan.

Except for the fact that they've stated they don't want to the show to interact with Obi-wan and Luke before the events of ANH, which is like two years from where they are in S3.

>Why didn't the fan service provide more fan service

It's not there. That's why people keep asking.

Exactly. and are just fucking retarded.

They'll definitely have some sort of confrontation on Tattooine. Whether it's Maul and Obi is up for debate, but somebody will fight it out down there. My local 501st will probably be quite happy if the Bloodfin makes a return as well.

>explain how a mid thirties Obi-Wan ended up as a seventy year old man in the span of twenty years.
Obi-Wan was 57 in ANH. Alec Guinness was 63 at the time.

It's called aging.

mega.nz/#!LJQk3QIb!79ndYI_adntrT7asJ8OiGyXJQwAsxexJfzuzGP3xCv8

Here's the new episode in 720, I'm hosting it until whoever runs the episode mega can get around to putting it there

You see, this is the kind of behavior that doesn't leave people inclined to spoon feed you. If it's not the whining it's the self-entitled dribbling all over yourself.

IT IS TIME

youtube.com/watch?v=miVRaoR_8xQ

It was time two hours ago. You're late. Spoiler alert: nobody cares

>politely ask about a mega for a new episode
>autists lash out at me because they're dumb
>call out said autsts
>SEE THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM YOU ACT SO ENTITLED

Good job checking the thread idiot

>What is Mega
>what is a combination of Star Wars related media including the new season of rebels
>from the pastebin
>>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 MEGA:
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

Fuck off you lazy motherfuckers. I said it before and I'll say it again, stop spoonfeeding lazy faggots. Told you to look up the freddie prinze jr and sam interview but nah you wanted me to post the link for you now you want episode 3 for rebels. fuck you lazy

I like how the post right before this is someone nice enough to upload it

So what you're saying is you know where to look but instead of just waiting for someone to update you're going to crying. Like it's not enough that the episode was already being shared before it officially aired.

Check your link before you post it.

>SEE IT'S RIGHT HERE IN THIS LINK
>link only as S03E01

As a few people have pointed out, the new episode isn't in there. Nice tantrum.

>make a sad smiley face when the mega link is included in OP
>and posted multiple times including last thread
Stop playing the violin for yourself, faggot

I'm pretty sure that user didn't share it because of the one guy sperging out in the thread constantly sobbing that he isn't being spoonfed.

Except that he owned a fast fucking ship.

At this point I'm convinced the "STOP SPOONFEEDING ENTITLED FAGGOTS" are just baiting.

Follow this guide from Cred Forums:

The first 51 minutes literally consists of this:
>Too many new Star Wars movies are coming
>RLM invented reviewing Star Wars
>Ring theory is BS (Why does this go on for so long? Who gives a shit?)
>People who make favourable reviews of the prequels are wrong or paid off by Disney (Why does he pick of so many random reviews and shit on them? Who gives a shit?)
Don't watch the first 51 minutes.

Also, he completely ignores some of the core problems of the film and defends it. Cred Forums is splitting itself over the "review".

Guy who shared it, I did it because people wanted it and it wasn't in the OP. Nobody was sobbing, people asked if anyone had it and we didn't, so I uploaded it. It's not as big an issue as you want it to be.

Okay, now you're clearly just baiting.

Thanks, user.

That's where the new episode will go. The reason we didn't have a mega is because Disney squashed the last one, which makes people iffy about sharing new ones.

>i'm incapable of searching threads for myself
It's really not hard to search for mega or episode 3. It was posted in bold last thread and this thread.

Thank you

It wasn't in this thread, and the one in the last thread got taken down.

It was just recently posted in this thread. Also, not everybody is autistic enough to constantly monitor a japanimation message board.

>wake up in the morning
>"click" watch thread
>come home
>ctrl-f episode 3
>problem solved

More excuses. Also, you can find dozens of links by doing a quick yahoo search. Anymore lazy ass excuses right now?

Dude, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

>Except that he owned a fast fucking ship.

That happened to be worth no particular note until he started gaining recognition with his involvement in the rebellion.

Until he dumped Jabba's cargo, Han Solo and by extension the Millennium Falcon were nothing special.

Wait, did he seriously said that people doing pro prequel reviews are Disney shills?
What a shithead.

>>People who make favourable reviews of the prequels are wrong or paid off by Disney
that doesn't make sense, wouldn't they have been paid by Fox?

>watchcartoononline or seekcartoon doesnt exist

Girls, girls, you're both godawful. It's not worth fighting over. Someone shared a link, end of story.

Everyone accuses everyone they disagree with of being a shill who cares.

Holy shit it's out! YES!

Since when do Holocrons have their own precognitive powers?

There is difference between anons trowing meaningless buzzwords and big name reviewer claiming that people who disagree are paid for it.

>the guy shits on Maul because we don't get to know him
But that's the part I liked about him. The more I see him now, the more I dislike him.

Reminder that the story the prequels were trying to tell is generally good, the expanded prequel material is pretty great, and the prequel films are some of the most god awful botched additions to a franchise ever, worse than the matrix sequels or the hobbit trilogy by a long shot.

Kyber crystals?

>not wanting to be on the Maul Suffering Train
user pls

>worse than the matrix sequels or the hobbit trilogy
no

This is the same big name reviewer that constantly trolls with mispronounced terms, mixed up historical events and tries to mail people pizza rolls. I'm sure he's being quite sincere.

>It's not as big an issue as you want it to be.
user, it's not as big an issue as you thought, and never should have been an issue at all, because we already have had days of sharing it which began before it even aired on TV. Not just House Ordo streams or the original defunct Mega or even torrents but there are still viable alternative direct download links in the same source where the original mega came from:

twoddl.link/star-wars-rebels-s03e02-720p-1080p-web-dl-dd5-1-aac2-0-h-264-yfn/

And they have 1080p. You only posted 720. I'm sure not everyone likes those options, and it's nice you gave them one more for 720, but nevertheless there have still been alternatives.

>and the prequel films are some of the most god awful botched additions to a franchise ever, worse than the matrix sequels or the hobbit trilogy by a long shot.
According to whom? You can't these statements without some sort of fact. A handful of autists don't make up everyone's opinions.

since The Force

>33 minutes in
>Talking about the prequels

But at least you've got your boogeyman to blame any dissent on.

>Wah, people shouldn't ask for stuff
>Wah, you're not spoonfeeding them high-enough-quality stuff

We get it, user, you love trolling. The funny thing is they didn't need to ask. That link I posted isn't the original from two threads ago, though it is from the same website. I got the link itself from a simple google search.

And yes if you've been in these thready before when new episodes are airing people do freak if they don't get their 1080p.

>boogeyman
Huh?

He's saying at least you have Plinkett to blame for the memetic hatetrain the Prequels have been riding.

Frankly I have no idea. I've never bothered to watch anything Plinkett so I have no clue what is even in them, but I from what I understand nothing in the review was actually unique and required him to point it out.

Every time he do something shitty people goes "he is jokings", "it's satire", "he plays sociopath". But still people want him to be final authority in Star Wars or any filmaking as internet critic.

Pablo himself said that the audience for the prequels / not-prequels is evenly split. So let's not pretend that everyone adores the prequels and the dissenting group is some small minority. At best the prequels are very polarizing.

Pretty much.

Some people have convinced themselves that Plinkett started the prequel hate, but the truth is that almost everything stated in the videos had already been argued to death for over a decade on many areas of the internet
In fact, the whole reason they were made is due to Rich arguing incessantly about it and having his own reasons to hate the prequels burned into his head.

The main reason the Prequels are noteworthy is due to:
1) It compiled a large list of complaints into one area
2) That list was reasonably well articulated, as opposed to the incoherent nerd rage common at the time
3) It was light hearted enough to be accessible, but deep enough to be poignant
4) It was the first of its kind

One thing that was brought up in the TFA Plinkett review that I haven't noticed that many talk about, is that the characters aren't really acting like real people.

For example the WHO TALKS FIRST YOU TALK FIRST I TALK FIRST LINE? That's not something someone would say in that scenario.
Or Finn's out of the blue YOU GOT A BOYFRIEND? A CUTE BOYFRIEND?, really anything Finn says.

TFA is basically Quip Wars.

Yes, but the half that doesn't like the prequels is wrong.

that's like your opinion man

No single person should be the final authority on anything, especially something as subjective as film. The Plinkett reviews tap into a lot of angst and confusion and RLM is able to frame arguments about film far better than random people on the Internet due to their background. Doesn't make them Genuises, they just have a more informed opinion than most.

That's not what he said. This is what he said:

>Both original and prequel trilogies have about the same affinity in North America. Different per demos. Prequels more so internationally.

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/708777308262301696

This means the OT and Prequels are EQUALLY liked domestically (varying per demographic) yet liked even more than the OT internationally.

This would mean that the Prequels are actually MORE loved overall than the OT if they are truly equally loved in the US and loved more overseas.

I'm reading the novel right now (inb4 only partly canon), but one thing I liked is that it says Poe was basically scared shitless of Kylo Ren, and the whole
>who talks first
thing was him trying to fake some bluster.

The half that doesn't like the prequels also tends to be older.

Why the fuck should you ever believe anyone with a red lightsaber?
Either you die now, or you die after the deal.

You're saying you would look into the sad puppy dog eyes of this devil man and not feel your heart melt?

Most fervent prequel defenders are young and to them the Plinkett reviews is what caused people to start talking about the prequels. For those of us that we're old enough to see Episode I in theaters and could process what we were seeing and what people were talking about the hate started immediately.

>it's a mike tries to rationalize being a pleb and liking a piece of shit corporate franchise rehash by appealing to his head cannon episode
>it's a mike excuses TFA for doing the same shit the prequels did episode

RLM fags on suicide watch

The Plinkett reviews came out a good 10 years after the prequels and capitalized on an existing sentiment

This whole talk reminds me about the first time I saw A new Hope. Around the 2000s

My mother had her bed in the living room, where the tv was located. Me and my two siblings sneaked in, while she was asleep, set the tv on mute and started the vhs. Then we began watching the movie without a sound.

Well, including the breaks, where we silently left the room, because we thought our mother would wake up. Years later, she tells me, that she was awake and messed with us for fun.

I still remember it fondly.

You seem upset.

>Most fervent prequel defenders are young
Contrary to popular belief this is not a true statement.

>or those of us that we're old enough to see Episode I in theaters and could process what we were seeing and what people were talking about the hate started immediately
This is mostly untrue too. I remember a few news stations covered it after we went to the theater it was mostly split with some fans loving it, some hating it and others on the fence. It took years for the burning hate to come out. Even Simon Pegg mostly regarded the prequels with disappointment.

I do understand the hate you're referring too though. But it's interesting in hindsight because it mostly boils down to the films not being like originals.

Not as upset as Mike is about people finding merit in the prequels.

He's laughing at you, like we all are. But you do seem upset.

>For those of us that we're old enough to see Episode I in theaters

>Saw the original Episode IV in theaters in it's initial theatrical run

Christ I'm such a fucking oldfag.

He didn't even prove the "ring theory" wrong. He just based it because it went against his idea of Lucas as a bumbling idiot.

Who /waitingfornextthread/ here?

Seriously, fuck RLM. Thanks for completely and utterly derailing the thread to talk about this bullshit yet again.

>he subscribes to that """""theory""""

AHAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD ARE YOU FOR REAL?

>check pastebin
>>WTF those lazy cunts wheres s03e02 ?
>It shows up a few seconds later
I love you guys.

I never said I subscribed to ring theory, you autistic faggot. Mike did a terrible job of presenting a counter-argument.

He pointed out that Occam's razor combined with the badly patched holes in the theory make it a pretty much pointless exercise in spotting coincidences.

There's really not much more to debunk.

You never said you didn't either. Do you?

God, RLM BTFOs /swco/ once again

That's because he doesn't want to admit that maybe George put me thought into it than he gives him credit for.

Man, I'm in stitches, this is amazing. Explain it to me por favor.

>(you)

>RLM fags are this desperate

Avoiding real criticism of TFA isn't BTFO anybody.

He never said they were unintentional, just that the placement was quite obviously a coincidence and due to Lucas' personal habits.

>Saw the original Episode IV in theaters in it's initial theatrical run
You're way too old for this website, senpai.

Saganfan, stop shitposting you silly autist.

>people arguing about stupid shit in a stupid video from a stupid e-celeb
>OMG LE BTFO EPIC, WHERE MAH TEEVEE BANEBROS AT XDDD

>Cred Forums tier shitposting is back
>it's a samefag arguing with himself to get (you)

Mike, stop trying to justify yourself and go back to molesting jay.

how fucking dare you not like the prequels RLM scum

This.

>inb4 the Cred Forums poster tries to insist that isn't from Cred Forums to people who regularly post here, despite his obvious non-sensicle shitposting, and the fact that he is literally shilling RLM here.

My friends, my friends! Another week has come and gone, and with that, more profit has been achieved!

Your old pal Hondo has stumbled upon another installment of this "Rebels" I provided last week. As always, you get it free of charge!

mega.nz/#!a4lwWZRR!4M0KO5zUa4_Kvas0_8QXGF7oKaNNVo0ZyYXUNdlQLdA

Enjoy, and may your future always be profitable!

>if they don't agree with me they're shitposting or samefagging or evil
>muh Cred Forums boogeyman

user, this and a few other """select""" places where autists gather on the internetz is where prequels are liked and that's it. No one likes them, deal with it faggot.

Thanks Hondo!

Danke Hondo

You're never too old for some casual Star Wars talk user.

>(you)

Speaking of Plagueis' species here's some concept art they made of him back in ROTS. I personally would love it if canon Plagueis was a neimoidian like this art shows him since 1: I can't take a Muun Sith seriously (imagine an Ugnaught Sith or some shit. It's too stupid looking to be taken seriously) and 2: it would be a cool way to explain how Sidious got so involved into the Trade Federation.

Well YouTube has done a lot to really galvanize people and fandoms. We didn't have that until 2005, and people weren't using it really effectively until like 2009

>1080p

See, Hondo knows his shit. Always has the good stuff.

>I-I swear this is not shitposting
>I-I'm not dismissing you out of hand
>y-you're Cred Forums

There isn't any unless you do enough hand waving to literally take flight.

T-Shirts are canon!

UPDATE THE WOOK

All I said user was (you)

I didn't even mention Cred Forums.

That was (you). :^)

>im not from Cred Forums, I-I swear!
>Completely oblivious to the fact the the Prequels are actually very favorable among fans

The screencap from Lucasfilms Hidalgo gets posted here every other fucking thread. If you was actually a regular poster here, you would know that "everybody totes hates the Prequels!" is just a myth.

But no, you'll keep spouting the same tired bullshit to people who actually know what they're talking about, and insist that you're not from Cred Forums. What a coincidence you show up here the day RLM releases a new Star Wars video too! Woo!

Thanks user. Can you recommend me a good SW book? I know something like Rogue Squad(ron?) is real good, is that only talk or is it quality?

For Oldfag user

How well did the end result of the prequels mesh with your expectations of the prequels? For most people in this thread there were no expectations so what we got is all that their could have been.

It's rumored that Corellia is one of the planets in Episode 8. Not sure if it's been disproven yet though.

Sure, NuCanon or EU?

Imagine writing all that shit and not realizing I'll never read it. I'm just here to laugh at your rationalizations and lies and other autistic behaviour Saganfan

Do Corellian Corvettes still exist or did throes get renamed to gungan frigates or something?

Probably hoping to hijack the Death Star or something.

Speaking of that comic, did anyone notice a little reference when Maul holds his unactivated lightsaber to Hera's head in the same way Obi-Wan does to Maul in that comic?

Han better be having his funeral on Corellia

Don't give a fuck. Something good, preferably involving smugglers or rogues or some stuff. Is there anything Western-themed?

>/swco/ continues to fall for obvious bait

Alderaan cruisers.

What a strange fucking thing to change after all these years.

Try New Dawn. Deals with Kanan and Hera meeting up.

But are chairs canon yet?
I must know

It was about what I had expected. The main problem I had with the prequels was that I knew where the story was going, unlike with the first 3 films. DESU Palpatine was the most interesting aspect of the prequels, getting to see how he rose to power. Anakin's story was secondary to me. They really failed in some aspects though, like how over the course of a mere 20-30 years the entire population of the galaxy forgot about the jedi and the force.

Thanks user, although I have no idea who those people are, I'm just trying to find some good and fun sci-fi.

I just don't like the prequels. I was too rude user and that's a fact.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR90_corvette

>CR90 corvettes, also known as Alderaan Cruisers, Corellian corvettes, or blockade runners, were consular vessels manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation.

>While the CR90 would see initial use within the late Galactic Republic and Imperial Senate, many vessels would be appropriated by the early rebellion and Rebel Alliance against the First Galactic Empire, despite not being designed as a combat-oriented vessel.

Makes sense though. Now when you combine the Alderaanian Cruisers with the weird oval hat attire for the Rebellion being the attire of Alderaan's army (something TCW added) it clicks together that Alderaan provided a shit ton of resources for the Rebellion and further explains how obvious it was to Vader that Alderaan was officially supporting the Rebellion in Episode 4.

I could see the Alderaan survivors starting a starship company. They can't enjoy the hospitality of their cousins forever if they want to remain true to their culture. A starship company would be great to get money, travel the universe, and look for a new planet to colonize.

Wait, how the fuck did they survive?

Read the Leia comic. Alderaan had a few little groups of people that happened to be off-planet when Alderaan was destroyed. Leia rounds them all up (about 100 or so people) and recruits them to the Rebellion.

By being off-world. The Leia comic's plot involves her trying to rally whatever off-world Alderaanians are still left in order to try to preserve as much of their heritage as she can.

That included reaching out to people who were only part human but had Alderaanian blood. The Cred Forumstards that visit here were triggered not only by this, but by one "only pure Alderaanians count!" character being depicted as wrong.

Some (the Alderaan diaspora) survived. BTW I'm not the user you gave a (you).

Same way Leia did, by being off-planet. There's not a whole lot of them, but what few there are have gathered together for the most part. Formed a government in exile.

Because not everyone was on the planet, user. There's more than just Leia. The empire even had alderaniaan recruits and such. They have a whole comic about this.

>We don't really need anything on him beyond that.
But this is Star Wars, where Boba Fett's father was the template for the clones, C-3PO was built by Darth Vader, and Darth Maul is somehow still alive a mere couple years before the original movie. Aren't you excited to learn about Plagueis being Snoke's step-father?

Better ask Pablo!

No need, I asked the good twin Paul Hidalgo and he confirmed chairs are not canon and never will be.

I thought they were still five years before ANH. Thought like was 20 when the movies happened.

Luke, Leia and Ezra are all 19 in ANH.

Wow thanks based user, that's actually exactly what i was looking for : Lucas's vision of Plagueis
And as i expected it doesn't look like what they made him in Legends at all

I disagree about his complaint about more comedy. I loved the laughs TFA provided. I also think that even with producers claiming that Episode 8 will be wierd and new compared to TFA, it's pretty inevitable that Kylo Ren and Rey will have a final confrontation and I'll end with Rey losing and a terrible revelation. I don't think this because I believe they're uncreative, I think that's just the way it has to be sense Rey is a mysterious character with loserflags for the next film.

>it mostly boils down to the films not being like originals.
It boils down to the prequels being crappy movies. You're right insofar as the originals weren't crappy. I don't understand the hate, though. They're just shitty, disappointing movies. Nothing more or less.

Well to be fair the reason he was a Muun was because when writing the book they consulted Lucas on his species and Lucas told them he was a Muun. But who knows the context of this and whether Lucas 100% wanted Plagueis to be a Muun or not. Also keep in mind this was Lucas contributing to something from the EU so this is technically as non-canon as Lucas saying shit about the Skywalker twins from the EU and the concept art is likely more 'canon' than his Muun description.

He and Leia are 19 in ANH. Ezra is only a few days older than them, and as of the beginning of season 3 he's 17, so we have two years until ANH.

Incidentally we have one year until Rogue One, which takes place a year before ANH.

Nope, that was just SoR. And Luke, Leia, and Ezra were 19 at the time of ANH.

Here's how the timeline works:

Spark of Rebellion - 5 Years Before ANH(4 years and a few months)

Empire Day - 4 Years Before ANH

A Princess on Lothal - 3 Years Before ANH

Steps Into Shadow - 2 Years Before ANH

twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/771834896322932737

twitter.com/Voldemorgoth/status/771837172928417792

Does Rogue one have the best cast in Star Wars history?

Is Maul seriously going after Obi Wan? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to find an old man you've already fucked with.

I'm more inclined to think that Rey will job to Snoke, while Kylo and the Knights will confront Luke.

Both will lose, sparking a reversal of fates as a result.

Using that concept art is a little misleading, since it was meant to be a background extra and was just something Lucas grabbed and said "I think Plagueis should look something like this." I think the intention was to just use the general look as inspiration, rather than saying that Plagueis should be a Neimoidian.

I don't know what Lucas had in mind when he said Muun or whether it was something he thought long and hard about or just went "eh make it one of these guys I don't care" but given the way LSG has treated Lucas's past decisions and upheld them, it's likely they'll stick to him being a Muun unless they feel like there's a good reason to change it.

I thought Rogue One ended 10 minutes before ANH.

Keep in mind this is the same guy who fucked with Sidious, got his shit smacked and his entire operation decimated as well as getting his two closest relatives killed, and he STILL thought he could go after him and win. Maul's not a rational thinker.

That said, if "he lives" does refer to Obi-Wan I think Maul may have something in mind beyond just going and killing him. Maybe Obi-Wan has or knows something that Maul needs.

Maybe he realised that Obi-Wan fucked him over far worse than Maul did back.

Or maybe he's mad that Sheev's Heave with Anakin probably got to him more than Maul's stall did.

There's a really fantastic story there about the fall of the Jedi and the republic as well as the rise of the empire.

It's too bad the prequels told it in such a shitty way. Although, I actually enjoyed EpIII, I feel like it got a lot of things right despite the crapiness of the prequel saga.

>sparking a reversal of fates as a result.
Are you of the camp that thinks Kylo will become the hero and Rey the villain? Because while I think Kylo Ren will redeem himself (and maybe sooner than later) I don't see them turning Rey into a villain, even if she struggles with the Dark Side more deeply than Luke did.

The prequels ONLY flaw is the subpar directing.

Five minutes in and he's giving George an inordinate amount of flak for no reason whatsoever, although I've come to expect that from the geek intelligentsia. George sold his company for a number of reasons. First, he was getting old, his interest was waning and he had faith that if he wanted to retire, he could count on Dave, Pablo and the gang to keep Star Wars more or less the way he wanted it. Second, and probably above all, income was drying up, and he didn't want his staff to lose their jobs. All the projects Lucasfilm had lined up at that point had failed to pan out, Battlefront III, Red Fly's Darth Maul game and the one he was most closely involved with (other than CW), Star Wars Underworld. I think George feels guilty, that he thinks he took the easy way out in selling to Disney. Now for God's sake, leave the man alone. He can't even build a fucking museum without people screaming at him for how horrible he is.

I think there's enough foreshadowing that it could reasonably go either way.

Rey's expression made it pretty clear that she was truly pissed when she fought Kylo, and the lighting was pretty indicative that poetry was in motion.
She also went straight for a killing blow against a defenseless opponent the moment she could.

Star Wars is held to a higher standard because it's America great shared hero myth setting. The prequels being mediocre and confusing isn't tolerable ends of there are far worse movies out there.

Also it still kind of odd that the prequels turned out the way that they did considering that it was the original creator working on it. People peobably would have been more forgiving if Lucas had farmed out directing duties to other less well known directors.

Anyone else hate Rey?

I hate this shoehorning of a central character in Star Wars. They did it of course in the OT and PT, which was fine, it worked then.

But I wish they would've went with a more group minded approach for the new trilogy. Maybe have a group of new Jedi, one acts somewhat like a leader while others are pretty strong in their own right. That way it wouldn't be so tiring to watch these movies try to shoe-horn a character so hard into the center of the plot.

Rey is annoying because they don't even try to nuance her significance, and they don't spend any time showing why the audience should like her. Instead they just tell us to like her because she's the chosen one.

I get it, Luke and Anakin were both this way, but those two worked because the story was originally written with them in mind. This repeat of having a central hero just seems overdone with Rey.

Aw dang, I guess people just stand up all the time in Star Wars

In fairness, some depictions did give him the hood and the respirator. The problem was that even official illustrations of Plagueis were wildly inconsistent.

Pic is from an explanation on where the whole "Rey has Plagueis's staff!!!!" shit came from but it includes references to that look, even if it's simplified.

I really hope not. We already know that Maul loses, it's just going to be boring and predictable. He's also failed so many times at this point he's becoming just a joke which we don't need more of.

>Incidentally we have one year until Rogue One, which takes place a year before ANH.
How do you know this?
I thought it was said that it leads right up to where A New Hope starts?

No that's wrong there also weren't any topless babes in it

Yeah, I don't really like Rey either. She's just a boring character.

Rey was clearly the victim of cut content, which is pretty aggravating given how pointless scenes like the hentai monsters and Maz's were included.

I rewatched it while trying to look for intentional character flaws, and believe it or not I did find them: she's short tempered, has a chip on her shoulder, is stubborn to the point of delusion and is pretty arrogant
The problem is that outside her stubbornness, these flaws immediately go on a business trip to Hawaii once they get of Jakku, with her temper managing to get an earlier flight back in order to show up for the climax with Kylo.

Only nipples in star wars are Oola's afaik.
Did I miss the other ones?

I just don't think there's enough time to do that kind of switch in a satisfying way. We'd need three or four more movies, not just two. I don't think Rey's disposition in that fight suggests much more than a struggle with the Dark Side, but that doesn't necessitate an outright role reversal. It would be neat, though.

I don't know that I hate Rey and I don't buy into the Mary Sue thing, but she didn't do anything for me. I feel like they weren't really sure where to take her story, and the fact that they heavily imply her importance without giving us any hint as to why she's important doesn't help. In ANH we learned Luke's significance and talent comes from came from being the son of a Jedi Knight, simple but fair. Anakin is the chosen one from a prophecy, born from the Force itself- kind of weird, but at least we know why he's important. Rey is important because the script says so and that's as much as we're told.

>I thought Rogue One ended 10 minutes before ANH.

The end of it, maybe. But yeah, Rogue One takes place in the same year as ANH. ANH should actually pick up right where R1 left off since it's about how the Rebellion gets hold of the Death Star's schematics. The coded messages beamed aboard Leia's ship.

To be fair, it was Lando owning that ship that got that ship its reputation for being fast. After Han won it off him, it took the infamous Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs for that ship's reputation to transfer to Han, which got him enough cred to get into Jabba's sights. It wasn't until after the Kessel Run that people changed their thinking from "Man, that ship is fast!" to "Man, Han's ship is fast!", but the ship has always been fast.

Don't worry, Hiroshima is going to close Cred Forums soon.

The only thing wrong with Episode III is that it had to rush through everything. Anakin becoming Darth vader should have been the end of Episode II and Episode III should have been the fall of the republic and the hunting down of the Jedi. Anakins 15 minute heel turn is jarring and off putting, order 66 doesn't have the impact that it should because too much shit is happening at once and we have to sprint through "ooba ooba" and ram every character into their episode IV starting positions.

If it had been allowed to take its time it would have been great.

That's not strictly true, since they do hint heavily at something.

The problem is that we never actually get any substance to what that something is, and have to rely on post hoc rationalisations rather than what the script gave us.

This is accurate. The movie hints at elements of her personality, but it doesn't do anything with them because it's too concerned with giving Rey a guided tour of Star Wars, featuring none other than Han Solo (TM) and the iconic Millennium Falcon (TM).

Since if you use things wrong, unexpected symptoms occur.

The writing wasn't grand either.

I think you can see some of the blue twi'leks nips in the palace as well

Because the holocron makers thought it would be funny seeing a Sith and Jedi trying to cooperate.

I think his point is that they hint but don't provide anything substantial. They just show she's strong in the Force and chosen by the lightsaber and people repeat those things but we're never shown exactly why she's so significant. She just kind of is and I guess they're holding off on that until 8.

At least watch more than 5 minutes. He gives George more credit at the end. His real beef is with Disney, and rightly so.

Okay, so I watched the whole thing. And all he did was talk about everything that wasn't in the movie. I think he was completely wrong about this. Waste of time.

That honestly sounds like something Darth Traya would find funny.

The part I don't like is she's placed into situations in ways that make othert characters sociopathic.

Like Leia hugging her instead of Chewie after Han died, or Reu being the one to find Luke instead of someone who actually knew him (like, Chewie or Leia).

Should I read the Ahsoka novel?

Close enough

If you want to

It's not like we had to see Vader to begin with. I never even liked the idea of Anakin becoming disfigured right then and there in his final duel with Obi-Wan. Anakin should have just ended the film with that pretty face of his but with some lost limbs. Would have made his mask off scene in ROTJ even more tragic. Luke and Leia should not have been born yet either in my opinion.

no it's not

Oh god I want to take him home and make him hot chocolate and tell him everything is gonna be okay. ;_;

>It's a "Mike invents his own imaginary plot so he can rationalize liking TFA then berates people when they do the same with the prequels"

But you're wrong.

The events of Episode III also don't gel well with what is presented to us in ANH to the point where Obi Wan now has to be viewed as a sociopathic liar because pretty much everything he says is untrue because Lucas didn't know how to reconcile the ANH script with his "vision" for the prequels.

>Cred Forums did it
>because they have come to realize, what many people on Cred Forums have come to realize
>that /swco/ are the ones responsible for this war
>that we've so lost our way that we started falling for obvious bait
>That we are the ones that keep responding
>All of us
>And their attack on /swco/ is an attack on what /swco/ has become
>A group of anons taking obvious bait
>Fallen from the waifus and genuine discussion that we once held so dear
>This thread is failing
>It's only a matter of time

listen to the audiobook read by Ashley

>The events of Episode III also don't gel well with what is presented to us in ANH to the point where Obi Wan now has to be viewed as a sociopathic liar
user, RotJ did that.

Anakin isn't a babe he's a hunk.

He needed Luke to be a hero and didn't want to spend three years telling him every little detail, and certainly didn't want to tell him his father was a murderer who killed children.

I don't see how he's some kind of pathological liar like people meme about.

>Soon I will have a nude apprentice...

>Anakin isn't a babe he's a hunk.
From a certain point of view....

Jedi implied Obi-Wan didn't want to tell Luke a truth he couldn't handle, and that his fond memories for Anakin made it hard for him to go over the truth.

Sith made you wonder how Obi-Wan could ever think of Anakin as a friend, and confirmed that Vader never knew he existed until ANH.

That is JJ's whole shtick. The mystery box. I hate him for that.

ROTJ already addressed the fact that his story in ANH turned out to be a little less than truthful.

>Sith made you wonder how Obi-Wan could ever think of Anakin as a friend,
No it didn't.

Well I suppose Obi-Wan must have been having a great time when he saw Anakin murdering children in cold blood.

He was trying not to laugh, after all.

>Sith made you wonder how Obi-Wan could ever think of Anakin as a friend
Eh, not really. The movies don't show enough of the two of them being friends, but the early parts of ROTS do show them as bros. As far as how Obi-Wan could still see Anakin as a good friend while considering Vader to be an irredeemable monster, ROTJ addresses that as well- he basically views Anakin as being a different person than Vader. He knows they're literally the same person but in his mind he separates the two personas.

>Well I suppose Obi-Wan must have been having a great time when he saw Anakin murdering children in cold blood.

That was Vader, not Anakin

>He was trying not to laugh, after all.
Ive never understood people who say that. The delivery was never implying laughing.

So how do you think the Dathomir episode fits into all this in the future?

The problem there is that for that sort of thing to work, you usually have a case of a character knowing that they did terrible things, but not seeing it.

Seeing something first hand makes it harder to sequester away and rationalise, which makes it harder to believe that Obi-Wan could look back on his memories without them being tainted by the association.

That scene should have been changed to Obi-Wan feeling something through the force via his bond with Anakin, or by his intuition.
That would make it easier for him to segregate Vader and Anakin without seeing the man he knew as a friend and brother commit terrible atrocities.

>The movies don't show enough of the two of them being friends, but the early parts of ROTS do show them as bros
I think even Lucas understood he'd messed up there. In AOTC, he inserted the elevator scene late in production because he realized they were basically at odds the entire movie and that one scene was meant to show that despite their disagreements they were still friends. Then ROTS has them being pretty friendly from the beginning and the old "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD I'M THE STRONGER" animosity is completely gone.

Fast-forward to TCW and it also starts off showing them as friends, with that teenage angst Anakin had towards him gone.

Him not feeling something through the Force just goes to separate Ani and Vader more

You could make that argument but it also implies that everyone's mind works the same way. I'm sure Obi-Wan's memories of him are tainted but that doesn't stop him from remembering that at one point he was a good friend.

Would you say The Clone Wars is essential?

Yes

I would, yes.

Extremely doubtful. If he is going after Obi-Wan it's for something other than revenge.

Yeah. There's a lot of stuff from the prequel era it helps flesh out and gives a much stronger characterization for Anakin.

I would.

It's essential if you want to understand just what the fuck was going on in the prequels. It manages to make Anakin likable, makes Obi Wan interesting, makes Count Dooku more than a bad joke, makes the clone wars an actual thing, and fleshes out Sheev's scheming. I just wish all of this shit had been handled by the movies.

It's a shame we never got to see Anakin and ObiWan become friends in the first film. Seriously the two never exchange any dialogue to each other until the very end of Phantom Menace.

They really had no reason to be friends in TPM. Obi-wan was busy being an apprentice in a cult that Anakin wasn't yet part of. He was only being strung along by Qui-gon up until he died and the Order brought him in anyway. After that, Anakin is basically forced upon Obi-wan, forcing them to become friends.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Keep the mystery mysterious because they can't come up with a clever explanation.

but user, Snoke is Maul.

Snoke can't be Maul, Maul is already reincarnated as Rey!

Snoke is actually Mace Windu, and Finn is his son.

They could have had a big/little brother kind of relationship. Except this would require Obi-Wan to be more adventurous than the dull young man we got in the actual movie.

Only the maul eps

I'm tired of this whiney beta-maul. I want my Ep 1 Assassin of badassery back please

I unironically believe Snoke will be revealed to be either Maul or Windu.

Not really. It depicts Anakin in a more likable light that more fully echoes Obi-Wan's fond recollection in the original movie, but it's not essential and is filled with plenty of dumbness too.

It's worth watching, but it isn't essential.

>Ep 1 Assassin of badassery
Oh yeah I really loved double lightsaber: the character

>Keep the mystery mysterious because they can't come up with a clever explanation.

On the other hand, sometimes we're better off when they keep it a mystery. Otherwise we sometimes end up with midichlorians

JJ admitted after the fact that Leia hugging Rey and not Chewie was a mistake.

kek

Shame his ego wont let him acknowledge the rest of his mistakes, huh

It's Prequel Damage Control: The Series, so if you're into that...

I thought you were bullshitting until I seen all the drama on /qa/. /f/, Cred Forums and Cred Forums are on the chopping block

>watching new plinkett review
>that clip of Lucas accurately relating movie making to betting on a gambler you hired.
>bringing up a good point that Rey and Finn are weirdly platonic the whole way through, and that's more questionable than anything about her skills as a force user.
>the gay montage
>the willy wonka song
review went on way too long but there was some good moments. pretty much all in the second half.

What does that mean?

Cred Forums will never be taken away, unless they want to shit up the rest of the site.

I'm curious to know if Colo Claw fish is going to make a video for this.

I'm glad he didn't criticize her use of the Force. The Force is mysterious. It doesn't require explanation, it just happens, especially in the most desperate of times.

Cred Forums is genuinely the worst board of them all. Far worse than /mlp/

>It's essential if you want to understand just what the fuck was going on in the prequels.
retard alert

I understood (and loved) the prequels, politics and all, at 5 years old. Episode 1 and 2 that is. 3 came out when I was 8.
I'm not bragging, i'm saying that they are very simple.

prequels>TCW

If it happened like that in the prequels, he would have spend 10 minutes on ripping it apart.
Mike is a two faced hack.

>retard alert
>I understood (and loved) the prequels
Irony is fun

The spoiler board stays on their board

*spent
take out "on"
whoops
very tired

This. It was designed as a containment board. After /new/ got deleted all of the stormfags and racists started shitting up the rest of the site, so Cred Forums was created as a replacement for /new/. It doesn't seem like it does much but anyone who remembers the time right after /new/ was deleted knows how necessary Cred Forums is.

So this will sound retarded. But how do I use Twitter? Do I just make a tweet using @whoever or do I have to send them a message straight to them to get a reply?

There should be a button
You gonna ask Pablo something?

Are you planning tweet at Pablo?

Don't even think about asking Pablo if your Star Wars porn is canon

Is it tho?

DELET THIS

Why man?

>unless they want to shit up the rest of the site
No they'll bitch and complain then make another chan. I mean what we're seeing is only one half of Cred Forums the other half went to 4+Cred Forums during the Exodus.

>After /new/ got deleted all of the stormfags and racists started shitting up the rest of the site
It took a couple years for Cred Forums to come from /new/ but even then it wasn't as obnoxious as Cred Forums is.

>anyone who remembers the time right after /new/ was deleted
I do that shit was hilarious.

It is, from a certain point of view

I prefer ships based on trust

Oh like you don't want Obi-Wan for yourself, Maul

I prefer ships with age gaps

I think that's why he's upset.

Pablo if I had a question for him later. Right now because I can pick up my gears 4 console on Thursday. Was gonna ask the coalition or the gears twitter if I can use matchmaking that on that day since the "early edition" comes out on Friday. Checked out Hidalgo's too and I didn't see a button on the app.

>Maul has a robotic penis attachment with proper touch sensors
>he's tried it but can't find anyone that really drives his libido
>he realizes too late that every time he fucks he's imagining Obi-Wan
>he's presumed dead
>"So what are you looking for"
>"Hope..."
>bright light
>"HE LIVES!"
>runs off excitedly without another word
And so we now understand Maul's plan

Ditto

I will never understand how people can complain that midichlorians made the Force LESS mysterious, when all they did was raise even MORE questions.

Even if she's alive she'd have mechanic legs like Maul now. Only good for above the belt stuff. Unless star wars has robot pussy.

Excellent

I prefer ships with tall non human females and average height males.

>I didn't see a button on the app.
Then just go for the @whoever
Probably

I too find myself liking particularly tall not human females

>Even if she's alive she'd have mechanic legs
How hot would spider leg Seventh Sister be?
>Unless star wars has robot pussy.
Make it canon.

Because people are stupid and reactionary.

But I really don't get it either. If I went in to TPM still loving SW, I would not like it less after coming out of that theater.
It seems like people wanted to find something to hate about the movie as soon as it came out.

JarJar>>Ewoks

I prefer ships with flak cannons and proton bombs.

Could we get a drawfag on Maul's robo-dingus?

Me too

Plaguies is mentioned in Tarkin

I want to be in the dub canon

Not sure what that changes.

The one scene of Anakin and Palpatine together in Episode II was filmed in pickups too. Makes you wonder if Lucas was so concerned about the love story with Padme that he forgot about Anakins other two important relationships.

Guys, AOTC does a great job at showing how close they are. It shows how Obi-Wan loves Anakin like a son, and how Anakin sees Obi-Wan like a father.
Their banter throughout the movie shows this.

Go away

All of those reasons are decisions that Lucas made though. Lucas invented his own regulations. Obi-Wan didn't have to be boring. The Jedi didn't have to be a weird cult. Anakin didn't have to be 10 years old.

>anakin not on top
DELETE THIS

That one scene could have fixed so many of the problems people had with Rey. Imagine if it was revealed if Leia had been guiding Rey through the force the whole time.

You're about a month late though

>Banter

When their together, they argue. And not in an endearing way like Han and Leia.

And then they're separated at the 20 minute mark and Anakin spends most of his time (when Obi-Wan is brought up) talking shit about him.

In ROTS, they banter. What they have in AOTC is outright arguing.

>why these troopers look like they about to drop the most fire album of 8 BBY

REY: It was you. I kept hearing your voice in my head. Guiding me.

LEIA: I'm sorry about my son. I'm sorry for what you saw. I know Han meant a lot to you. He meant a lot to me too.

REY: Did your son live?

LEIA: I'm afraid he did.

that he was real?

THIS

He was also mentioned in Ep 3

Anakin is AOTC is cocky and arrogant, he evens thinks himself to be above Obi-Wan and equal to Yoda when it comes to his power.

We already knew that, though. The poster you responded to never said he wasn't, just that he was never hugely important.

>then I thought we'd come and rescue you
>good job

>if you spent as much time practicing...
>I thought I already did
>only in your mind very young apprentice

Not banter, but all their talk about Anakin's bad dreams + Obi reassuring Ani that Padme was pleased to see them even though he knows that's not quite kosher for a jedi to tell his apprentice

plus the aforementioned elevator scene

They are shown to be very close. You guys just fell for the 'prequels are bad' meme.

>You guys just fell for the 'prequels are bad' meme.
We're not even calling it a bad movie, dude.

Exactly, that's why it's not banter, it's Anakin being an asshole and Obi-Wan putting up with his shit because of muh Qui-Gon.

What is being said between them is not freiwnsly nor is it presented in a lighthearted manner.

Sorry, i'm in the Cred Forums Plinkett thread and it's making my blood boil.

>plus the aforementioned elevator scene
Which you'll note was added in there specifically because even Lucas felt they were showin arguing way too much. I don't know what you're even arguing against, the movie's own director believed he didn't do enough to show them as friends. He rectified that in ROTS and TCW.

So I'm rewatching season 1. Got to the Lando episode.
>he's just a child with no experience of the universe
He's the same age as Sabine. Arguably his time surviving on the streets since age 7 made him much less of a child than Sabine who spent her youth being a student with 3 hots and a cot. Forgot how should could swing from cool big sis to bitch like that. All because Lando knew WHY he liked art rather than just liking it. I just don't understand why someone should have to justify why they like a piece of art.

>meme

I have never liked AOTC and I saw it on opening day in 2002.

You already know what dwells in Cred Forums, why would you go there?

Why are you there?

>ignores all the other instances I listed
I knew I should have left out the 'aformentioned elevator scene' line.

fuck you

It introduced a fixed, biological/measurable basis that was simply unnecessary. The Force is a spiritual thing, it didn't need to be explored with a white blood cell count. There are far more egregious things in the prequels, but midichlorians represent a kind of greater excess. It's easy to larch onto them for that reason.

*friendly

Lando was trying to flatter her.

Technically she's supposed to be a year older, and to a teenager a year is a lot.

I dunno, I guess to try and knock some sense into them.
Pretty futile though.
Sometimes I think everyone on Cred Forums is underage.

Because the story behind that one scene already negates the others. Again, Lucas himself believed he showed them arguing too much.

>The Force is a spiritual thing
MIDICHLORIANS ARE NOT THE FORCE

Midichlorians aren't the Force, and never were stated to be the Force.

Even so, there being a biological aspect to the Force harkens back to the OT - "my father has it, I have it... my sister has it."

>I guess to try and knock some sense into them.
Why would you think this is even possible?

>Because the story behind that one scene already negates the others.
the fuck
don't reply to me ever again

Yes, Clone Wars makes Anakin easily the most interesting character of the saga. I would say at least a few arcs are absolutely essential to making the prequels coherent.

I...I don't know.

>but all their talk about Anakin's bad dreams
Obi-Wan was completely dismissive of it, though. Anakin is clearly troubled by the dreams of his mother and Obi-Wan just tells him "dreams pass in time" without really caring why he's having these dreams and telling him to just ignore it. That's supposed to be a sign of the Jedi being too focused on detachment and trying to ignore emotion rather than embrace it.

>tfw to intellingent for star wars

People dislike it because Lucas took something that was essentially magic and tried to science it up. And to what point? It never led anywhere are was unnecessary. I mean are we really to believe that the entirety of the Jedi Order goes around performing little blood tests to see who will make a good Jedi? And how are mediclorians able to exist in thousands of biologically differing beings?

>I would say at least a few arcs are absolutely essential to making the prequels coherent.
Why do people say this?
There is something very wrong with you if the Prequels were confusing.
Really.

nope
He first asks 'because of your mother?'.
Showing that he CLEARLY does care.

These movies are not that complex.

Sounds mystical to me

And he succeeded. But she was a bitch to Ezra for no reason. I'm not saying it ruins her character or anything. Honestly it reminded me of my sister. Just the reasoning why Ezra liking it didn't count irked me.

>And how are mediclorians able to exist in thousands of biologically differing beings?
Same way mitochondria do, I imagine.

What he said makes sense. Stop acting like it doesn't.

But their was already a biological element to the force.
>I have have it my father has it my sister has it

>He first asks 'because of your mother?'.
>Showing that he CLEARLY does care.
All it shows is that he's curious. He's then dismissive of the dreams.

Also the argument was never that they don't care for each other, but that they spend too much of their screentime arguing with each other and not enough being genuinely friendly.

>he evens thinks himself to be above Obi-Wan and equal to Yoda when it comes to his power.
But he is. He's not trained but make no mistake Anakin is the Chosen One and being deliberately held back. Obi-Wan was an incredibly weak teacher.

last (You)

there
whoops

>confusing
No, not confusing, horribly structured and not nearly long enough to set up the complicated nature of the Republic and Jedi Order. Clone Wars does that.

But everything that mitochondria live in are from Earth and share the same DNA.

>the fuck
>don't reply to me ever again
How old are you?

Not dismissive. Trying to be comforting in a situation that he can't help.

>I just don't understand why someone should have to justify why they like a piece of art.
being able to articulate your feelings is a sign of knowledge and maturity.

And all life stems from the Midi-chlorians
It's not that life came first, it's that it came second

>not nearly long enough to set up the complicated nature of the Republic and Jedi Order.
This is subjective, but I completely disagree. I understood both parties structure and machinations well.

If I had to guess, 16 to 19.

And very angsty.

>talking sense
>into Cred Forums
>a board dedicated to purely shitposts and cp

>Trying to be comforting in a situation that he can't help.
You'd have a point if Lucas hadn't already said Obi-Wan kind of brushing it off is meant to show the Jedi are too emotionally closed off.

>what is art////artist

What I got onscreen is comfort.

When is this said?

>I will never understand how people can complain that midichlorians made the Force LESS mysterious

Prior to it, the Force was an intangible feeling.

With midichlorians, Jedi are made into a number.

>It's over 20,000! That's higher than even Master Yoda!

Art is a thing of emotion not logic. Articulation isn't always completely possible when trying to describe emotion. You've never heard a song that made you feel a way you couldn't quite explain?

see

Okay, whatever you say.

See

We're just supposed to believe a whole section of the galaxy seceded because they're cunts? Clone Wars did much better at showing the bad aspects of the republic in the politics episodes, it showed some reasonable members of the separatists, it explained the Force much better, and it showed the Jedi's problems in the Ahsoka episode, and explained why Anakin would react so badly to not getting the rank of master.

This isn't subjective dude, the prequels committed the horrible sin of telling and not showing. Clone Wars did this.

So does every other smuggler. In the real world coast guard and naval forces pick up fast boats all the damn time. Every idiot with a wrench and a used space wagon likely puts on the same act.

Remember that the Falcon isn't even a new or high performance ship, it's a decades old wreck that barely flies some days.

No.

>the prequels committed the horrible sin of telling and not showing
This is straight up bullshit and I'm tired of hearing this.

So let me guess Mike just spent half the vid bashing the PT and PT fans and masturbating to JJ and TFA right?

Okay dude

That's a stupid rebbutal. Yes, the magic power runs in families. It's still intangible and spiritual.

Midichlorians are superfluous and rob the setting of a simplicity.

It's one of Lucas' worst instinct to try and over-explain something that was fine as a metaphor.

Kill this thread

>This isn't subjective dude
It is, because I disagree with everything you just said.

Anakin had a clear character in the prequels, that was ruined by TCW's 'let's make him more like people who liked the OT thought he would be at the expense of the PT' attitude.
And Lucas loved this new Anakin because he knew fans would like him. Lucas was so burned by the reaction to the PT that he gave into the drooling massas cries instead of continuing his much more interesting version of Anakin from the PT>

I didn't say that they were. Just that they're part of how the story explored it. They were an unnecessary part of that exploration that didn't serve anything other than to establish Anakin has a lot of potential (even more than Yoda! Woah!). And there's a difference between a maybe inheritable affinity for the Force and being able to precisely measure that affinity in an overly convenient way. People didn't respond well to how systematic it is.

Like I said, the prequels have far bigger problems. It's not hard to see why it would become a target for disdain among more passionate (i.e. obsessive and hard to please) fans, though.

The first half of the video is more PT bashing with no talk of TFA at all.

The second half is being lenient on its flaws, some of which he brought up during the PT bashing earlier but they get a pass for some reason.

see
Cred Forums is tearing itself apart over the review.

More or less yeah.

I don't know what I expected, really.

Absolutely. It provided so much lore and backstory to the prequels. It showed us so much about the Jedi, the clones, the actual fall of the republic, and so on. It added a ton of characterization to Anakin. We got to see Anakin lead and act as a general on the front lines. We got to see him at his best in the light side of the force.

Also, Ahsoka.

Probably the best female Jedi character ever written. We got to see her actually develop as a Jedi, and eventually garner her own sense of justice when the Jedi way failed her. That's a lot more interesting to me than Rey, the mary sue of the Star Wars universe.

>This is straight up bullshit and I'm tired of hearing this.

Lucas's strength has never been dialog. TPM in particular is written like a first draft. More than a few of Annakin's lines are gee-shucks-that's-swell kinda lines that reek of an old man trying to badly imitate how children talk.

Uh, what's wrong with Anakin's portrayal in Clone Wars? He's cocky, but much wiser and more down to earth than AOTC, that's exactly what I imagined him as being between AOTC and ROTS. He's also shown to be the best star pilot in the galaxy, a cunning warrior, and a good friend.

TCW was being made before Episode 3, this was always Lucas's vision of Anakin

>That's a lot more interesting to me than Rey, the mary sue of the Star Wars universe.

You'll never not-be pretentious using the term "mary sue"

It's a funny video that makes some solid points about various things, even if they're obvious points, but I think he's too soft on TFA. I agree with him that TFA is a better film than any of the prequels though.

But Anakin in TPM is closer to a real 9 year old than 90% of movies.
The whole "Jake Loyd was bad" thing is one of the more baffling meme critcisms.

pffft
source of gtfo

Everything that's important is shown on screen. I keep hearing this showing not telling bullshit. We saw everything we needed to see. We saw the Clone Wars and it's devastation, we saw the Separatist being composed of greedy corporations meaning the war is a faux. We saw Nute Gunray the bad guy joining with the Separatist. We knew from that moment they were no good.

Perhaps one day you will. Never even heard a song that makes you feel multiple emotions?

>I agree with him that TFA is a better film than any of the prequels though.
jesus

You seem to be implying that because I know how and why I feel the things I do that I some how have no emotions or something?

my entire post is pretty pretentious so it's ok.

People don't like it because the force, from 1977 to 1998, was presented as a mysterious field of energy that a being could tap into if he/she/it trained hard enough and had faith in one's own abilities.

Even with the hint in ROTJ that Luke and Leia could easily use the force because they were Anakins children, it was because of a genetic trait that they all shared, not because they each had high amounts of bacteria in their blood.

Production started in 2005, during the tail end of development on ROTS.

JANGO BELLS

JANGO BELLS

JANGO ALL THE WAY

instagram.com/p/zn5nX0oVE2/

yeah

Opinions you don't like aren't bait. I don't particularly like TFA. I think these sequels--much like the prequels before them--are unnecessary and somewhat lazy expansions of a story that didn't need revisiting. But I do think TFA is a largely more competent film, despite having many of its own unique faults.

I don't watch the cartoons, but they are cannon now so I will admit that, as of Disneys new continuity, I am wrong.

>that a being could tap into if he/she/it trained hard enough
"Anyone can use the Force if they train hard enough" was never part of it, though. Having to be born with a strong connection to the Force was always a thing.

It actually was around 2002 - 2005

>But Anakin in TPM is closer to a real 9 year old than 90% of movies.
>The whole "Jake Loyd was bad" thing is one of the more baffling meme critcisms.

No. Just, no.

Children talk like young humans beings. They boast, they posture, they recoil, they're expressive and raw when they're emotional. They talk in the way they do because they have limited world experiences to draw from.

Annikin is TPM is written absurdly. Like more than normal Star Wars absurd. He's alternatively saccharine or awkward, almost all of which I blame on Lucas. He's never particularly authentic.

He's not WRONG though.

Remember how Ahsoka was considered a Mary Sue for not dying immediately as soon as a named villain walked into the room?

Those were simpler times.

>not because they each had high amounts of bacteria in their blood.
Except that's not what Midlcholorians do are implied to be. You really need to re-watch the movies before you talk shit

Dude, when Lucas came on board Clone Wars ROTS was still being developed. He made the personal decision to have Ahsoka be Anakin's padawan (yet couldn't fit her into the movies), and he made the decision to have Anakin be a central character instead of appearing rarely. It was even announced a month before ROTS came out.

This is all on the fucking wook.

Let's agree to disargee.
Try to think for yourself.

>Remember how Ahsoka was considered a Mary Sue for not dying immediately as soon as a named villain walked into the room?
To this day there are still people that insist that Ahsoka actually beat Grievous

It was in TPM too m8

>Opinions you don't like aren't bait. I don't particularly like TFA. I think these sequels--much like the prequels before them--are unnecessary and somewhat lazy expansions of a story that didn't need revisiting. But I do think TFA is a largely more competent film, despite having many of its own unique faults.

Your moderate, sensible opinion doesn't belong here.

We're here to argue about minutia.

They come straight from the mind of George himself, including Qui-Gon's line in TPM. It was never a "new continuity" thing, its always been like that.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan look at a BLOOD SAMPLE and find tons of mediclorians.

Of course not. Just saying feeling feeling a mix of emotions is not something easily described but still a wonderful experience. And I hope you get to experience that at least once.

Please point to the scene where Luke is told he was born with a strong connection to the force.

I like how he ignores that TFA is almost a complete remake of ANH, while he shits on the PT again.

His influence on the fanbase has been nothing short of cancerous.

A mix of emotions is largely a daily thing for everyone, user. It happening is not something special, what makes it special is what those emotions mean.

You seem to apply some kind of mystical movement about them, I simply know why I feel the way I do, and, frankly, I pity you the fact that you can't figure that out for yourself..

I dunno man, a lot of the same beats from ANH are found in TPM too. Lucas just mixed them up a little bit.

>as of Disneys new continuity
Stop that
The EU wipe was not a disney thing

Well they are bad, but they have their moments.

I already said I was wrong. Fuck, just accept my defeat you piece is shit.

>Let's agree to disargee.
>Try to think for yourself.

I watched the movie, nerf-herder. I rewatched it last year as a marathon in anticipation of TFA.

Stuff like the Gungan city was prettier than I remember, the costumes are nice, as is the general design of Naboo, and whoever did Queen Amidala's costumes definitely won an award.

Annakin is introduced like an hour in, and most of the characters trip over themselves to express how impressed they are with him. His mechanical knowledge and ability as a pod racer seems like the exact kind of thing that should have drawn a greater deal of attention.

Watto's relationship with Smee is weird given that what exactly she does for him is vague, and I don't think they actually have scenes together.

Annakin is just so gee-golly-gosh-shucks, let me achieve a devastating military victory by accident, I'll do a spin.

You can't deny that TFA followed the ANH nearly verbatim compared to TPM,

Ezra liked it because he likes her and she knew it, Lando liked it cause he liked art. Thats why it didnt count.

>Annakin
How in the world do you repeatedly do this?

>Smee

So?

It's a measure of how much Force sensitivity you have. Every living organism has them. It only implies the higher number you have the greater sensitivity to the Force you are. It doesn't mean shit about power levels or DBZ some people think. Even Han Solo used the Force passively. He most likely could've been trained. The second point is the Jedi have lost their way.

I can understand disliking the PT. I don't, but at times, they're pretty fucking easy to dislike (AoTC is a terrible movie, TPM is good with a couple hiccups here and there, RoTS is great).

What I can't understand is how he is completely incapable of comprehending somebody genuinely and unironically enjoying the prequels. How is that so fucking illusive?

How? We knew from the start Anakin was from tatooine, and the political intrigue plot is a lot different from ANH's.

Yes it was, the continuity was wiped because Disney was making a sequel trilogy.

It's kind of sunk in for me how long Disney will milk Star Wars and I don't know if I can follow the continuity when it gets past Episode 9. Marvel is getting the same way. Everything is so bloated now

>Well they are bad,
this will never ever be true

>Annakin x2
>Smee

begone casual

I'll take the dive
Who AoTCfag here?

It's spelled canon

Disney didn't care about the EU or whether or not it conflicted with the new movie. Lucasfilm and specifically Kathleen Kennedy made the decision to reset continuity.

>You can't deny that TFA followed the ANH nearly verbatim compared to TPM,

The third act on starkiller base was a mistake. Slavish loyalty to any one icon will always make a film seem anemic.

TFA ultimately ended up being like a smoothie made of the OT. The mix of flavors didn't always work.

It measures force sensitivity. When is this said in the movie?

>Annakin
>Smee

The choice of reorganizing continuity falls entirely upon Lucasfilm.

me

best of the prequels imo
DEFINITELY the most misunderstood (the romance)

Me. I just can't hate it no matter how hard I try.

You will die before Star Wars does.

Mah niggas
I could watch it dozens of times, and never get tired

Jake Loyd wasn't bad for what they were going for. But they were going for the wrong thing. The jump in tone from ep6 to ep1 was so jarring. They were trying to cash in on the kids demographic with a movie like that of Home Alone and Jingle All The Way, which is what Jake was famous for before ep1.

>begone casual

Of fuck you. They're not real names.

I bet you spell R2D2 and C3PO phonetically.

Damn, sorry. You guys are kind of assholes.

>DEFINITELY the most misunderstood
Posting just to say I agree.

Disney owns Lucasfilm!

No, but I spell Anakin and Shmi right considering how much I've seen them in these very damn threads. Either you're illiterate or you dropped just in this thread to shitpost.

When did I?
I'm just saying the key points are present in both movies: Space ship attacked, sent down to the planet, escape planet on space ship in a fire fight, pick up orphan from desert planet, see mentor die, fly smaller space ship to space station, blow up space station.

They're present in the start of all three trilogies, it's clear that Lucas liked those beats, so he used them a second time, and I'm find with them being used in TFA. They just need to mess around with them a bit. For example in TPM the escaping the first planet and picking up orphan from desert world are separated, and the mentor dies at the end. In TFA the space ship being attacked is instead a village, and instead of our main character blowing up the space station it's a supporting character, and the fire fight while running from the planet is a space ship battle.

TFA suffers from not jumbling the things around more, rather than not altering the beats in some way.

That doesn't mean Disney made the decision, though. Not sure why you're not getting this.

But they did it BECAUSE OF DISNEY. I'm saying Disney was the cause of the new continuity. Lucasfilm got rid of the old continuity BECAUSE of Disney.

Its all about the point of view man. But I will say that I do think that 3 is not bad, I enjoyed it. 2 had its moments and 1 had Maul.

Difference in approach to pottery between TPM and TFA
-TPM has Anakin accidentally blow up a droid control ship
-TFA has a LITERAL death star trench run

TFA is an irredeemable piece of garbage.

>People correct you
>WHY ARE YOU GUYS BULLYING ME?
I don't see how the responses people gave you warrant that idea.

They are still have autonomy, do you not know how businesses work?

Disney DID NOT make the decision, but Lucasfilm decided to ger rid of the old EU because of episode 7. DISNEY making TFA is the reason LUCASFILM made a new continuity.

>Either you're illiterate or you dropped just in this thread to shitpost.

Anyone can like star wars fuckface.

I was hoping you guys would be talking about some of the new Rogue One stuff.

Instead it's the usual claptrap, jerking off to the PT and circlejerking in hatred for TFA.

Her name is schmiiiiiiiiiiii

His name is Anakin

abloo abloo abloo I got it wrong all the previous times.

>TFA is an irredeemable piece of garbage.

It's better manufactured than the prequels, if less original.

It's completely harmless and did more good than bad.

>Autonomy

No they don't. DISNEY bought Lucasfilm for 4 bil, do you honestly think that Disney is gonna let Lucasfilm act alone with the STAR WARS brand name?

Nice of you to admit to being a shitposter

I never said they acted alone, but Disney isn't responsible for every single decision made with the Star Wars brand. There are executives at Lucasfilm too.

Considering they made half or more of that back with one movie, I think they can afford to give Lucasfilm the reigns for most of the tasks as they see fit.

I came into the star wars thread to talk about star wars. What's so Cred Forumsad about that?

It's Cred Forums, and I am willing to give sensible, articulate answers to my opinions. That already makes me a saint by this website's standards.

You can't handle a dissonant voice in your echo chamber is the real truth.

Not that user, but it's actually heavily speculated that they were planning to announce that the EU wasn't considered canon, even before Disney.

The Clone Wars was largely ignoring the EU, and George never considered the EU canon.

When Disney took over, it was the perfect time to announce that status of the EU, due to their opportunity of making properly Canon books and comics. But the sentiment of the EU not being canon was there long before Disney, and had George not sold Lucasfilm, they probably would have announced the EU wipe by now anyways.

>did more good than bad.
It ruined the post OT era.

>first order because ANH had empire
>resistance because ANH had rebels
>Hux because ANH had Tarkin
>parentless kid in desert because ANH did it
-trench run
-death star
-jedi hermit
-cute astromech
-yavin looking rebel/resistance base

BECAUSE ANH DID IT

You will never, ever have taste.

The Post OT Era ruined the post OT Era.

>Nice of you to admit to being a shitposter

I am the shit king to you, piss-wizard.

Annakin, Anakin, Anakkin, it doesn't matter. My computer redlines all of them because I'm a reasonable person.

Sorry I broke up the 50,000th argument about TFA v. PT: Dawn of Midichlorians.

>I was hoping you guys would be talking about some of the new Rogue One stuff.
I like how you say this but never tried talking about Rogue One and instead just tried to start an argument. Now that everyone's against you you're going with "y-you guys are nothing but an echo chamber!"

>It's completely harmless and did more good than bad.
Now see, that's just wrong.

My argument has always been that the PT are bad movies but gave so much more to Star Wars then anything else, while TFA is a good movie but a terrible Star Wars movie.

We'll I'm glad your speculations are being presented as facts.

>TFA v. PT: Dawn of Midichlorians.

Cred Forums confirmed
get out or i'm calling your principal

>I am the shit king to you, piss-wizard.
Nice to see you're also underage.

But he said it was speculation.

Hey I'm not saying this is fact, that's why I specified that it was speculation. You are completely free to disagree if you believe the decision was ultimately because of Disney.

>It ruined the post OT era.

There was no post-OT era. It existed in some books somewhere. It was always just ink-on-paper.

You're arguing about someone else's fan-fiction being somehow less relevant than someone else's.

Hell, even the movies within the OT don't always align with one another.

>this thread

>or i'm calling your principal
Oh shit

so is wedge a defector now? wasn't different in the eu?

fill me in

forget about the EU, just watch the fucking tv show.

>Now that everyone's against you

"Everyone" being an equally meaningless number of anonymous posters.

>you're going with "y-you guys are nothing but an echo chamber!"

swco, I love star wars, and you will never have power over how I love star wars.

I like it differently than most of you. I like it like the "casuals" you despise.

They were some fun old movies and some less-fun newer movies, and a fun very-recent movie.

What was in the EU doesn't matter now.

I wonder if Mike, JJ and Pegg ever get together every once and a while and jerk/suck each other off and talk about about how much they hate the PT and that TFA "saved" Star Wars.

>What was in the EU doesn't matter now.
What the in the EU never mattered.

>TFA is a good movie but a terrible Star Wars movie.

TPM is a terrible star wars movie.

TFA is a pretty good star wars movie. Good, not astounding.

They're both star wars movies ans we live in the reality where they are both star wars movies. To contradict that is to contradict reality.

>this thread

*the potential of the post OT era

Is that better, mr. autism?

That's great. Doesn't stop you from being a shitposter who came here for lulz.

not been in /swco/ long, have ya?

>TPM is a terrible star wars movie.
nah
saying doesn't make it true

I've been here since a little before season 2. Usually there's something mildly interesting going on in these threads, but not tonight it seems

We do this every once in a while

I'm unsympathetic to the impossible demands of your fantasy version of Episode VII.

Write some fan-fic, draw a picture, do your own thing.

Write a version where the plot of Episode VII is Chewie going bald and shedding all over the furniture to C3PO's dismay.

You still can't fucking spell Anakin you fucking shitposter.

Someone posted the new RLM shitshow, we have like 40 more posters than usual (gee, I wonder where from!), and we're 600+ posts of shitposting because of this.

Just saying it doesn't make it true. The statement being true is what makes it true.

My favorite as well.

Jango/Obi fight and deleted scenes are my absolute treasures

>impossible demands
A passable movie is an impossible demand?

Jeez JJ.

>The statement being true is what makes it true.
But the statement isn't true.
You're going in circles.

But I love Hon, Leya, and Lük.

phoneposter get back to class

>the new RLM shitshow

Was that the Lucas salad unboxing thing?

>A passable movie is an impossible demand?

That 97% score on RT must twist your lightsaber the wrong way, right?

Why would it?
Garbage movies get high RT scores all the time. Sometimes for reasons unrelated to the quality of the film. Like say, having a black lead and a woman lead.
It only pisses me off in the sense that most people can't think for themselves.

>most people can't think for themselves.

People who disagree with you seem to be the ones who meet your criteria for the label.

>no refutation

Don't you people have anything better to do than dick fight over whose opinion is better?

N..no?

Next episode on its Always Sunny on Tatooine
Maul: Kenobi lives! I shall finally have my vengeance for the destiny, for the power that was stolen from me. After all these years Kenobi will die!

>Darth Maul gets cut in half again.

I felt I repudiated your post.

This thread is a source of imbalance.

NEW THREAD NEW THREAD NEW THREAD

But TPM is a terrible movie.