How the fuck can DC consistently fuck up this pairing despite trying to push it for ages...

How the fuck can DC consistently fuck up this pairing despite trying to push it for ages? They've tried it since the early 70's.

Here's a challenge for you, Cred Forums, try to come up with a story or just a general idea where this couple works in an enjoyable fashion.

It can't be that hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=18Xk6JTSMXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd write them having a date and realizing throughout the night that they don't really have anything in common and dating would be a mistake.

They remain amiable co-workers.

It's a stupid pairing and only exists because of 2 reasons:

1) Superman is by far the most famous super-powered DC hero, and WW is the only powered heroine that casuals know, so they're paired up.
2) they have similar costume design aesthetics.

It's constantly fucked up because it's a terrible pairing.

It just doesn't work. They are not compatible.

The tagline on your image clearly outlines the problem. Wonder Woman knows a hundred different super men. Superman isn't exciting or new to her.

It's WAAAY more than just that:

They both have adjectives of power in their super-hero names: one is SUPER while the other is a WONDER.
They both wear the color of our great flag on their costumes.
They're both old and important DC characters.
They're.
They're both the most super-powerful people in their universe and would crush normal people during sex.
They're both immortals.
They're both tall, muscular, handsome, blue-eyed brunettes.
They're outsiders in the society due to coming from far away and being different.
They're both extremely noble and caring people.

LOTS of things in common.

Does this pairing seem vaguely incestuous to anyone else?

Superman's mind and powers are transferred into the body of an Amazon.
Diana spends time with Superman's new host, to comfort him.
Diana's lesbian inclinations take over.
Superman cannot resist her.
Sweaty, unshaven lesbian sex ensues.

This. It makes sense for them to be initially attracted to each other because they are both strong physically and mentally and hot.

They are very different personalities with very different priorities and despite working together as the Justice League, their worldviews are very different.

plus having them date for any extended period of time ruins their romantic relationships with other characters. Plus is causes drama with them remaining friends.

>Plus is causes drama with them remaining friends.

Since when? Batman being jealous doesn't count.

It can never truly work

Because Superman and WonderWoman have more in common with each other than they have with their main Love Interests, the fact that most of the times done it sucked is because the writers and fans of capeshit can't deal with change.
Also, they are immortals, Steve and Lois are going to die, so what happens when they do? Are they gonna keep datting others humans, or are they gonna be forever alone because they first girlfriend/boyfriend is their only "true love"?

One of those 'from the future' heroes (take your pick, it doesn't matter) appears to them and claims that the only way to save mankind from (again, take your pick) is to have them produce powerful offspring.

The future guy presents them with extremely compelling evidence how Kryptonian and Mythological Greek DNA would produce incredibly powerful yet noble heirs. After some lengthy morality discussion, the two decide they should go forward with it.

The relationship starts as one of duty, but slowly the two begin to warm up to each other. They also both discover they have a thing for fucking like eagles.

I feel that the biggest problem when it comes to their pairing is that Superman stories have a big tendency to twist all the characters around him to serve his character and narrative. So when Wonder Woman appears in a Superman story she's twisted into either: a blind follower that will do anything no matter what to see Superman's wishes done, a desperate lover that makes her life revolve around him and will wait forever for any kind of affection Superman might return her, or a warmonger who's running the risk of doing something stupid and needs to be tamed by Superman into becoming a better person. Everything done to either complement or elevate Superman's character.

This also happens to all the other Justice League characters, not just Wonder Woman. I think the only character who might be immune to this is Batman. Batman usually manage to retain a bit of agency when paired with Superman.

So the question is: how do you pair Wonder Woman with Superman while having retain her core characterization and agency?

>Also, they are immortals, Steve and Lois are going to die, so what happens when they do? Are they gonna keep datting others humans, or are they gonna be forever alone because they first girlfriend/boyfriend is their only "true love"?

How many times have Superman and Wonder Woman died each? I know they've both bitten the bullet twice.

>They both wear the color of our great flag on their costumes.
>They're both tall, muscular, handsome, blue-eyed brunettes.

These are both covered in my second point

>They're both old and important DC characters.
>They're both the most super-powerful people in their universe and would crush normal people during sex.
These are both covered in the first, and the second is even blatantly wrong.

>They're both extremely noble and caring people.
Superman, yes. WW is no moreso than your average superhero.

It's a shit pairing that only makes sense to people who don't know anything about the characters.

So they're paired to serve for breeding purposes? The fuck.

And they don't have to fuck to make a baby. They could just do artificial insemination.

OP asked for an enjoyable fashion. An awkward pairing to save the world while they still grapple with their personal feelings is comical. I guess I went with 'enjoyable for the reader' more than them.

Thanks, thread, for convincing me that Supes/WW shippers are the saddest fucks. "They should be together because it doesn't make sense for an immortal to love a mortal, because god forbid that muh favorite character ever have to experience loss or loneliness or love that is at best temporary and bittersweet like every other fucking person to ever exist, they need to have a Perfect Flawless Eternal Waifu/Husbando and need to shut out all mere mortals because GOD FORBID they become attached to someone that might die. Wouldn't want to HUMANIZE our fucking idealized versions of these characters!"

I just find that a lot of readers would have problem with the two being paired just because they need to make babies.

>OP asked for an enjoyable fashion. An awkward pairing to save the world while they still grapple with their personal feelings is comical
If you're a creep who reads Chinese fap rags, sure.

Don't forget the bit that they can and MUST have super-sex, and that apparently nobody else can survive or satisfy them in the bed other than themselves together.

They just don't belong together

>Hurr durr Wonder Woman should logically date Superman because she's strong woman and he's strong man

It's a bad and lazy pairing

But what about their costume colors?

>>They're both extremely noble and caring people.
>Superman, yes. WW is no moreso than your average superhero
That heavily varies depending on the writer, since as it's sometime said "There are as many WW as there are authors that have written her", but in more then one occasion Diana is depicted as just as noble, if not more so, than Clark
There is even a Justice League mini-series, called "A League of One", where she has to defeat all the other members of the JL because there was no leaguer pure enough, outside of Diana, to be able to survive its attacks

*to survive that series's villain's attacks

I'd have them hook up due to peer pressure and build-up fantasies. Everybody in the media and their friends say to them that they're perfect together. Diana thinks that "Kal" is like a Greek god and as noble as her amazons sisters. Clark thinks that Diana is hot and easy to open up to. So they set up a date and follow from there.

The problem is that along their several dates they start to realize that the reality is a lot different from their fantasies.
Diana discover that "Kal" likes to keep secrets and lives a double life, which shocks her because she thought he didn't hid anything and was honest 100% of the time, and that he likes to live a much more down to earth and humble quiet life, and that he's more human than most regular people she have met.
Clark discover that Diana is extremely extrovert and uninhibited to the point of having no shame about anything and that she likes to flaunt, which shocks and embarrass him a bit due to him being so old fashioned, and that she has this glamorous life where she's always been invited to parties and galas being Earth or out-world or even in another cosmos with her cosmic gods as if it was a day-to-day casual thing.

Surprised and intrigued they decide to start over, but now without any preconceptions about each other and doing a honest effort to be open about each other's life and personality. So they restart taking things slowly and the relationship is filled with shenanigans each other put themselves into as they try to navigate through each other's lives.

I think that would be the best manner.

>There is even a Justice League mini-series, called "A League of One", where she has to defeat all the other members of the JL because there was no leaguer pure enough, outside of Diana, to be able to survive its attacks

I just read that comic. Was it just me or did the comic paired her with Superman a bit?

She knew she couldn't fight him for long, so she decided to place the other Leaguers on a dangerous voyage and told him that he could either try foolish to help her, thus running the risk of both dying, or he could save their friends while she goes to sacrifice herself alone for the mission. Then in the end Superman comes back just in time to try and resurrecting her, not accepting one minute that she can be dead, and placing his lips on her to maybe push her into her lungs. Then later Batman goads her into trying to apologize to Superman, saying she wouldn't have to courage to talk to him after betraying him in such a manner, which makes her go just to prove to Batman she wasn't a coward, and so her and Superman make-up with a kiss on cheek and everything.

I felt that the story pushed a bit for their romance.

Clark belongs with Lois.

Diana belongs with Steve.

Anyone saying otherwise is a filthy casual and most certainly not my nigga.

Was the Superman/Wonder Woman comic any good? I heard Zod is in it so I'm interested.

No.

Steve who?

Also, why so many people at DC has a problem with Steve Trevor?

Wouldn't that also be applicable to any superhero couple?

It can't. Superman and Wonder Woman being shipped will always feel forced, it's like shipping Batman and Batwoman or Spider-Man and Spider-Woman (Yes, I know it happened in the comics, but it was self aware and tongue-in-cheek)

Point is, it will always feel like they are just pushing them together because they are similar characters with similar aesthetics and MO's.

Superman always works better with Lois, because she is so different. Also, because it's fun watching the most powerful man in the world being dommed by an ordinary woman.

I always preferred Wonder Woman being shipped with Batman.

>I always preferred Wonder Woman being shipped with Batman.

Why?

It will never work because it goes against both of their characters. They need to just give up. Seems like they learned their mistake with New 52 and gave Superman a family and Diana lusting for Trevor dick.

You have to go through more retarded loops to write WW as second fiddle to Bats so its never been done. And they are always on par with one another even if its a shes brawn and hes brain. Which is better because WW dont need no man to protect her and Bats wont object to her protecting him.

I agree with that the interactions between Batman and Wonder Woman are more fun than between Superman and Wonder Woman, because usually Batman and Wonder Woman are written like elderly cranky couples while Superman and Wonder are written just as THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS AND BESTEST OF LOVERS, but you don't have to place Batman and Wonder Woman in a romantic or sexual relationship for they dynamic to work.

The new TRINITY book proves that, with Bruce acting cranky about Diana forcing him to go meet the Pre-52 Superman and Lois and act nice and Diana not taking his tsundere bullshit behavior. They can be cranky friends and remain just as that.

What the fuck is different about their personalities? They're literally the same boring ass perfect hero type.

Honestly WW and Bats have a get relationship no matter the status. I feel like WW is either Supes mom or cheerleader in alot of settings. I feel like they shpuldnt be close friends and are only friends because Bruce is the median between them.

youtube.com/watch?v=18Xk6JTSMXU

>I feel like they shpuldnt be close friends and are only friends because Bruce is the median between them.

I disagree. Even before Flashpoint Superman would appear more in Wonder Woman's comics and Wonder Woman more in Superman's comics than Batman would in either of them, and Superman and Wonder Woman interactions would also be frequently elsewhere and a lot more friendly and touchy-feely.

In the Nu52 reboot Batman and Wonder Woman were hardly friends or even close co-workers. Wonder Woman actually seemed to despise Batman.

In general Superman is friends with both Batman and Wonder Woman, while Wonder Woman's more close to Superman than Batman. Batman mostly get in touch with Wonder Woman through Superman.

It depends. But in team up books WW and. Bats were close. But i think most folks didnt wanna justify why a non super would be in Wondy's books.
But dispite that it was a good friendship which is why i was upset that WW hated everyone and everything that wasnt Supes in the nu52.
I just want that close friendship back and im glad Trinity is doing that.

Actually, Batman showed up in a few arcs of Wonder Woman and they were tight from JLA moving forward. It's just that Wonder Woman rarely appeared in Batman's books due to bat-editors not liking any super-heroes other than Superman or Zatanna showing up in Batman's books.

It's kinda funny. Back before Crisis on Infinity Earths, during the bronze and silver age, Batman and Wonder Woman were a lot more closer than they had ever been since. Other than Superman, Wonder Woman was the only character Batman interacted the most be it in the Justice League of America comic or the Brave and the Bold comic. Superman and Wonder Woman didn't interacted that much other than the few issues here and there where they'd kiss for some reason or another.

But after the 86 reboot writers started to push for SM/WW ship and even when that failed thanks to the Christopher Reeve movies and the Lois & Clark show popularity, writers still tried to have Superman and Wonder Woman be super tight as friends or whatnot. Couple that with the bat-editors trying their hardest to isolate the bat-characters from everywhere else and you've a very loose trinity dynamic. Things only started to change to how they used to be during the late 90's when DC tried to push for the iconic 7 and the Trinity, in attempt to bring back that silver age goodness. It was then that BM and WW started to interact more.

A guy from the future appears and tells them the world can only be saved by a kryptonian/amazon hybrid.

Clark and Diana fug, but discover they're infertile, so the future is saved when Hippolyta Superboy /ss/

Hippolyta wouldn't fuck a man, much less a kid. She's too regal for that.

Artemis, though, she'd totally wreck Jon's boy-pussy.

Is Superman shooting blanks or Wonder Woman the one who's barren?

I hope than superbro return some day.
I like him.
Also i like the pairing so I enjoy the Run.

SM/WW is a fucking shitty dynamic out from the gate, it's like reading incest.

Though Rucka's SJWoman ain't going to be much better.

>Also i like the pairing so I enjoy the Run.

What do you like about it? Genuine question. Don't let the other posts in this thread intimidate you.

This actually happened in post crisis

not him, but I like that the relationship is more based on trust than love, and for me Superbro will always be about Trust, he is a very lonely person and for him to trust someone is more impacting than just loving. Love is something egoistic and Superbro will always be about everyone and not a single person.

He feels sad when she doesnt trust him with all her god problems, when she tries to protect him, not like his parents were, when they have that trust that he wished that he would have someday.

Actually I would like Superbro to be with Lana, more than Diana or Lois (please Rao, nooo). Lana is from a time when he was happy and the way they interact is the most truthful ever.

But Wonder Woman didn't trusted Superman with her own problems. She kept her personal life and problems a secret from him, despite being initially angry with him about him leading a double life and his desire to keep their relationship a secret from others.

She treated him as if she was his mother, constantly being there to take care and protect him, but never being open about her own life. Superman only got to know about her godly brothers and extended family because the gods themselves decided to interfere with their relationship.

She treated him as if he was Steve Trevor, whom she broke up with because she thought that would keep him safe.

I agree it's a pretty dumb ship, but let me take a crack at it.

>Baby Kal-El lands on Themyscira
>Amazons recognize he's definitely not human
>Debate ensues
>Does the "no men" rule still apply if it's an alien?
>Can they really trust the world of men outside to not turn this kid into a weapon?
>Maybe this kid falling here is the will of the gods?
>Decide to bite the bullet and raise him
>He grows up a nice guy but still feels isolated in a culture where he's constantly trying to prove himself
>Best buds with Diana
>They spar constantly and have a bit in common thanks to their mutually odd origins
>Plus Diana's a bit of a wierdo in that she secretly kind of kinda digs the whole man thing
>It's not actually a huge secret
>Everyone knows
>Except Kal
>Mostly since he's pretty sure that can't happen because he's him
>Kal follows off the island and they team up to fight crime
>neither know how to deal with the opposite sex in the world at large and end up leaning a lot on their shared upbringing
>Kal digs that Diana respects him as a "human being" regardless of his sex or his power
>Diana likes that Kal is pretty much the best "man"kind can offer and how that gives her hope for the rest of them

tl;dr make them a best-buds super duo who grew up together and build on that

He was out of the WW canon for almost 25 years. Very little persons know about him. Is like Barry Allen, everybody decide to hate him because nobody remember the original charecter (and Johns is a hack).