30 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN

Only 30 days until Halloween! So let's pass the time reading some horror comics!

How is everyone doing today?

Monitoring this thread.
I hope they're actually scary and not just "quirky fantasy" fantasy stuff.

It's all folktale stuff.

It's a very atmospheric horror rather than a BLAH LOOK AT THIS SCARY BOOGINS kind of horror. If you haven't read the book you really should, it's on a lot of lists for the best horror comics.

This is the one with "His face all red", right user?

I love that story.

Yes it is. Among several other amazing horror comics.

How many credits pages are there?

8 pages of logos

*ding*

Only like 12 or 14 or something. I know the struggle user, It's even worse with these longer posting times but I'm not about to skip the credit pages my man.

Honestly I really don't think a lot of credit at the start of any comic is a bad thing, people deserve to get their name out there.

>12 or 14
>only
Nigga wut?

Fuck yeah CARROLL, I used to love to story timing her web comics

What? Honestly it's not a big deal.

Her slow, methodical, atmospheric approach to horror is very enjoyable.

Without spoiling it too much I can read this to my little cousin without scaring her too bad. Definitely meant for all ages to enjoy but I still enjoyed it.

GAAAHNDAHLF?

>shapes in the windows
they're having a party

Oh

Bump

First time I've read anything by this lady, but I love it. Thanks for the dump user.

He is eating them.
Alive.

One by one he brings them down like a cat chasing prey, falling upon them as they scurry and toppling them to the ground, his long frame possessing a surprising weight. With a gangly limb he presses a hand onto their chest, rooting them there while the other draws up one of their arms. Gripping their wrist, he leans over, teeth bared in that terrible grin and bites at the fabric of their sleeves.

He pulls his head away and it rips, slowly, he is not in a hurry.

His jaws gape again and he leans towards their arms, strands of saliva stretch from one set of teeth to another, his breath is warm against their chilled skin and then his mouth closes.

We've all been bitten. By pets or just animals, maybe even playful or heated lovers. That rake of teeth Clenching down just enough to leave a mark and make the intent known.

But being bitten is not the same as being eaten.

Teeth grind down through flesh, trying to meet and cleave away a morsel or mouthful. But flesh can be stringy, veins, arteries, sinew. Stubborn collective tissue that would be softer in a properly cooked meal. He would have to pull back, ripping away chunk after chunk of flesh while they screamed, struggled and battered at him as best they could, blood flowing free from the mounting number of wounds, of bites, flesh slowly being stripped from bone, teeth raking against the hard, stiff frame that props us all up.

That or he's just a allegory for death and they all froze in the snow.

>That or he's just a allegory for death and they all froze in the snow.
i always thought that's what it was except they all died on that third day they weren't feeling well, and he was just coming to collect them one at a time because walking in the snow is a bitch.

>corpse-like appearance
>he is no man
>picture them waiting at our neighbor's house
>neighbor's house lit and full of people
>she smiles while entering
Dude, that's the most obvious allegory for death and heaven/afterlife

>her husband went out on a hunt
The moral of this book so far is bad shit happens when you go hunting.

The suspense is killing me. This is good shit.

Yes

>naught but decay
I know it rhymes, but this word just doesn't fit here. It sounds wrong.

Cut the poor woman some slack, her husband killed her.

I feel like those two panels could be made into a reaction image.

What a bitch.

>innocent girl helps uncover your murder
>decide to kill her instead of your shitty ex
well ok

the last part is the best:

read the whole thing, faggot

What a fucking bitch, the husband did well killing her.

I didn't even know I could pirate this! I love you for this OP!

i've read this before and i just assumed it ended on a vague "she got away" note, now i'm wondering if she died too.

This is the best one

I just checked online at my local library and it's just 15 bucks. I might go and buy it tomorrow.

But what wasit?

sad and lonely

That which eventually comes for all of us my man.

You need to talk about it love?

Likely interpretation was that it was the grim reaper/death coming to collect them and the third girl died on her way to the house.

Those are an awesome three panels.

One of the symbolisms of lilac is resurrection

a lot of her comics are actually linked together by characters and setting. i think most of them actually take place in the same town, just at different points in time.

Thems old timey bitches for you, always dying of shock and shit or the poison they used as makeup

please keep posting op this looks very good

That tree made of white hands in the woods for example is I think a reference to another story

His Face all Red references Margot's Room (the creek sounding like wolves) and that references the story with the hand trees I think.

The Hole the Fox did make, The Groom, Some other Animal's Meat and When the Darkness presses are all connected too.

that shit spooked me, especially that slit pupil

but it doesn't explain who's the doppleganger of his brother

>ending there
Booo

2SPOOPY

fuck me, actually got chills down my spine with this one

I remember when the comic was first published there were tons of threads trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I think the most popular theory was that when they were separated the real monster shapeshifted into his brother and the real one came back in time just to see the murder happen. So it's the real brother who came back from the woods and he's just been fucking with the narrator. We just couldn't figure out why the monster waited in the hole if it was still alive.

nothin to say, it is what it is I guess

thanks for the storytime

>love

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

I never quite understood this story but the most interesting interpretation I've heard was that the main character "becomes his brother" by inheriting his wealth, house, animals, wife and friends so the "return" of his "brother" (although it has a strong Christ image i.e. 3 days, smell of lilacs) is the manifestation of his guilt

That would make sense why the real brother won't look at the narrator, he saw his brother try to kill him.
As for the monster remaining in the hole, maybe it truly was trapped, or it knew he would come back?

that first panel somehow turns me on
>that red face
>that sweating
>them messy hair
nnnnnnnngggghhh

Thanks OP!

No need to thank me, I just post other people's work on Cred Forums.

Remember that OP is always a fag. Sometimes a cool fag, like Neil Patrick Harris, but still a fag.

get a load of this turbonigger

>Muh sekret club
>Muh speshul rools

Neck yourself

Don't talk to me.

Then why did you respond to someone else?

>Neil Patrick Harris
go back to plebbit you shit stain.

...And that's how I got the thread some easy bumps.

>he hasn't seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Are there any good Puritan/Early American horror comics? I watched The VVitch recently and need to scratch that itch.
This stuff is good, but they're a little short for my taste. And for as nice as the artstyle goes, it's not really that spooky.

Dan, you should storytime Adamtine by Hannah Berry on here if you got it. Only good horror comic there is.

Any chance you'll be posting The Nesting Place?

Hey guys my internet died, so I'm on the phone with cox now trying to get it sorted, hang tight with me please and we can finish soon!

Will do

bump

bump because i really want to see the ending in hd

Sorry about that!

I assumed the monster was just killed with its eyes open. I don't think it's actually still alive, the body is just frozen like that.

Great as always, thanks to you.

I love your storytime(s).

Well I'm glad you like them user! Always makes me feel good to know people enjoy reading comics.

>I'm not about to skip the credit pages my man
It's your storytime, I don't mind either way. It give a genuine reading and it doesn't feel inauthentic.

I've been contemplating on buying the graphic novel when I get my next paycheck. And I sure as hell am buying Through the Woods. It's great.

o shid

>"Uh...'Becca, you got some...stuff on your..."

Holy shit this is amazing. Please keep going.

Fuck so glad to see this getting storytimed. Checked it out at the library a couple months ago and fell in love.

Thanks for sharing OP.

I bet there's going to be a worm in one of the apples.

Mabel wishes there was.

Man, between this and our annual Night of the Were-Ed reunion being storytimed hardly a week in, this October is only getting better and better.

Jesus. That was really clever. And scary. Fuck.

Thanks for reading!

>That's all
Damn. I needon't more. Definitely gonna check out her site and try to find more though.

Trying to figure out what I'm gonna go as for Halloween.

Was planning to bring back Professor Pyg, but turns out the heat from my car caused the pig mask to melt and fall apart.

So what else do you have planned for this month?

Buy an actual pig's head or face from a butcher, get the leather tanned so it doesn't rot, and wear that. It'll be about the creepiest thing you can do with Pyg.

Thank you OP, I really enjoyed the story time.

because this was asked I'm curious, what are everyone's favorite spooky comics? Whether they are short stories, small publisher graphic novels, horror ongoings or just particularly creepy arcs from DC or marvel.

All the threads for halloween cartoons and october waifus are getting me into the 'spirit'. Was there ever a horror rec image made?

Here is what I plan to rereag this month

From Hell
The Furry Trap
Beasts of Burden
Rachel Rising
Black Hole
My Friend Dahmer
Essex County: Ghost Stories
Underwater Welder
The Marquis: Inferno
Strange Embrace
Wormwood: Gentlemen Corpse
Anya's Ghost
any Usagi Yojimbo ghost/yokai stuff

Beautiful. Thank you, OP.

You're alright Dashly, thanks for the spooks!

>enough luck to find you once

I recently saw or read something where this line was used to good effect but I can't remember what it was. wanted to find just cause I'm curious as to where it may have been used first (though I guess a line like that could have been used often already)

Can you find all the wolves Cred Forums?

I really love this and her issue of Frontier. Really fantastic horror.

Intro, Nesting Place and Conclusion share the same house. There seem to be quite a few connections between the stories.

During the troubles in Ireland, an attempt was made by the IRA to assassinate Margaret thatcher with a bomb, it caused massive collateral damage but thatcher survived unharmed, the IRA used that "we only have to get lucky once" quote afterwards.

Yeah I know, intro and conclusion are the same setting, whoops.

Holy shot user, you showed your raging autism only to rein it in in the end and post the most probable outcome.

I'm proud.

Please not The Furry Trap again. It was storytimed recently enough, and it's less spooky than it is just uncomfortable.

ah, well for an historical placement of it's origin that is cool. Just wish I could remember what other media I saw it used in recently

Humanity fuck yeah.

I'll admit it gets 'edgy' but cock bone and demonwood give me proper "scared shitless" cold shivers when I read them

Kind of reminds me of Crimson Peak, only spookier.

Maybe only her ghost got away. Maybe that happened with the first wife, which is why her zombie is such a bitch.

>going to her brother's cabin in the woods for the summer
>with his fiance
>mabel

Grim Reaper obviously, probably had a skull for a face hence the smiling bit

>they see your penis

I really like Carroll's stuff, I wish it was easier to story time some of the stuff on her website.

Considering the head turns, I'm pretty it's still alive.

Wallpaper.

That design is legit, I really want to steal it and put it on stuff.