How much do you think "critics" will bash it...

How much do you think "critics" will bash it? I'm worried these guys will try to fuck it up because they didn't cast an Asian American for the role.

>muh mighty whitey
It could be the Citizen Kane of capeshit and they'll attack it anyway for no goddamn reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

calvinloveinternet.tumblr.com/post/140358451293/power-man-and-iron-fist-drew-up-luke-cage-and-iron
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>like four weirdos say that Danny should be asian
>this gets blown up by clickbait articles

No one cares. It'll be mediocre and everyone will praise it the weekend it comes out and forget about it until the next show.

>Making things up and then getting this mad about the made up situation
Has Cred Forums really fallen that far?

So like DC TV shows?

Where have you been the past 3 years

>How much do you think "critics" will bash it? I'm worried these guys will try to fuck it up because they didn't cast an Asian American for the role.

OP critics mean fuck all. They didn't hurt Suicide Squad and they didn't help Ghostbusters. And that's for movies. TV critics are an even bigger joke

It's Marvel. It'll get a certified fresh, and people will rave about how "it's all connected maaaaan" despite only having like, one reference to something from Phase 1.
I'm not saying it's not canon, because it is, but it's been four years since the incident in The Avengers, and that's all the NYC citizens in the Netflix shows fucking talk about.

To be fair, it WAS an intergalactic alien invasion. That sort of thing tends to stick with people.

And nothing huge has happened in New York since then. Maybe they will talk about all the dimension warping shit after Doctor Strange comes out. Though I bet normal people won't perceive it or some shit

You're right man. It's just a bit weird for so much shit to have happened like the SHIELD leaks, Ultron, Civil War, etc, and people in the Netflix shows are still like
THE INCIDENT

to be fair the ultron shit happened in a different country, regular ppl aren't gonna know abt the shit in civil war or the shield leaks, think of the alien shit to be like 911 for them but on a much more massive scale

Like this is the first time. There are so many what if situations this board gets furious about that it isn't even a fucking surprise anymore.

Im not sure about civil war but I think the leaks are somewhat public. The contents aren't but the complete collapse of SHIELD was and plenty know about the ultron situation just not too much, like all we hear is different people bitching that the avengers drop land masses in their spare time bit nothing else.

No one talks positively about DC shows.

seek help OP

>Cred Forums - Social Media Screenshots and Outrage Farming

Wait, does Cred Forums not even bothering to find a tweet screencap to bitch about anymore? It's just bitching about hypothetical bitching?

The Netflix shows all take place in New York, all of the other stuff pales in comparison to having aliens attack your city block.

There was the Hell's Kitchen bombing and Daredevil being framed for it, not to mention the massive Fisk scandal.

>like half the fucking city is trashed by an alien invasion and a group of people in colorful costumes fighting
>a good majority of New Yorkers are born, live, and die without ever straying far from their borough

I mean no shit they'd still be talking about it. They're still rebuilding from it too.

The Incident was the big thing right in their town. Nothing else feels as real, as important. A town flies in Eastern Europe? So what?
There is some big stuff with secret agents going on? Important, but it is not a hallmark in city history.
Heroes get sanctioned? Not their concern.
If you talk to people in NY, how many do you think divide time in pre- and post- 911?
How many see the Brexit vote the same way?

If aliens fly through your streets and battle heroes, that is the big thing for you.
You discuss the aftermath and the impact on you, not how the Accords concern heroes only.

And none of that is as big a deal as an alien invasion. 5 years is not so long that people will just move on

Eh. Superhuman registration is a fairly big philosophical question. People would definitely be debating it. Especially now that the existence of super secret international spy agency SHIELD is in the public eye. People would be concerned about an army of supers who answer only to spooky ass SHIELD.

People are still talking about 9/11 and its been 15 years. Suck it up.

I'm going to start posting it every thread I see it in, because this needs to get rectified.

I'm a New Yorker, I was in the city when the Towers fell. I didn't see it, but I heard it happen, I saw the immediate aftermath.

9/11 was a big deal and New Yorkers are like dwarves when it comes to grudges. We don't let shit go, we don't forgibe, we don't forgeb. Even to this day there's people that saw it happen that either wear it like a badge of pride or carry it like a scar. Shit, I know some folks that lost people there and they don't even like to hear people talk about it like some casual thing. Like some lost football game, or a political ghaff.

And that was just a terrorist attack. An alien invasion? Having the question "Are we alone in the universe" being answered by a Norse God bringing alien marauders that leveled cities and murdered families? Then, the greatest team of heroes to step up in the face of adversity since the 9/11 first responders blows them the fuck out? Saves thousands of lives? Deflects a NUKE?

Hells Kitchen was sent from hipster breeding ground back to hardscrabble shit hole, Harlem lost basically any sense of progress as crimelords rushed in to take advantage of a weakened New York, and Manhattan became the playground of a super powered egomaniac rapist.

New Yorkers will NEVER stop talking about the time the Avengers saved them from aliens, because it's literally the only good thing that has happened in the past five years.

No one cares about asains though, only blacks.

>because they didn't cast an Asian American for the role

So what

Danny Rand is a white guy

you're gonna have to get the fuck off my board with your retarded shit, take that shit back to special ed class with your retarded ass

I'm surprised nobody in the Luke Cage movie brought up the Hulk more often. I mean, the Chitari Invasion was one thing, but Hulk actually wrecked shit in their backyard.

It should have a name for the day then. Like 9/11, or Independence day.

Avenging day, unlike-any-other day, something like that.

The Incident is probably just the accepted name for it now, probably because it was called that all over the media.

Yeah thats what people would call the day earth got invaded by aliens.

"the incident"

I thought it was being called The Battle of New York

They called it that somewhere

Poor persecuted white people

>but it's been four years since the incident in The Avengers, and that's all the NYC citizens in the Netflix shows fucking talk about.

It was an alien invasion. Are you dumb or something? People talk about way less, why wouldn't they STILL be talking about something like that?

AoS

74 people died.

What they should worry about is not "WAHH MAH WHITEY" but Scott Buck being in charge. Him running things has all the potential for IF to be the worst Netflix show.

The guy would have to create the second coming of The Wire/Sopranos to make for how unwatchable he made Dexter.

*make up

Honestly really looking forward to it.

Jessica Jones was a sendup of trashy noir films.
Luke Cage was a sendup of trashy blaxploitation films
If Iron Fist is an equally decent sendup of kung fu flicks I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure the Netflix shows take place between Avengers and Age of Ultron.

I'm dubious.

It's hard to good martial arts action on TV.

Much less exaggerated, theatrical, wuxia-meets-comic books shit.

Remember that show Martial Law? With Samo Hung and Ming Na Wen? The first season of that shows it's possible to get that shit on a TV Budget.

Hard, but possible.

And on a Netflix budget . . .

>Marvel show being bad
>ever
Let me know when that day comes so I can finally wake up form this hell

>getting mad in advance

Martial Law was run by Sammy Hung and his gang. I dunno about Iron Fist
Now, Into the Badland, that's something comparable in this age

Also
>American Kung Fu

Banshee just ended famalam. Hell, one of the villains on Iron Fist was one of the characters from that show.

To be fair Fisk and his scandal was mentioned, albeit briefly, in Luke Cage and in season 2 of Daredevil the shit with Jessica was mentioned too.

I hope when they do make a movie with the new characters it'll just be called rush hour 4

This your first day on Cred Forums?

You people want an Asian-American in this show? Pine for Shang-Chi to show up.

It might just come down to how much the actor is willing to do that, though. Finn Jones probably has some fighting experience from GoT.

What?

IIRC, didn't like only a hundred or so people actually die in the Battle of New York? That's way less of a tragedy than 9/11. I'm assuming it's remembered more for the fact that suddenly humanity was forced to acknowledge the existence of aliens than the death toll.

Yeah. Who'd have thought heroes would save people?

People still care about what critics think?

Nah DDS2 had a reference to Ultron. Luke Cage takes place before Civil War though.

But Shang Chi's not Asian American, he's Sino-British.

>He should be Asian because he knows kung-fu

Oh, so you support cultural appropriation now? Typical.

Marco Polo has great fight choreography, and they swiped the choreographer from that for this.

Marco?

Polo

Fish outta water!
Anyway, I've never seen that show, how good is it?

>he should be white cause traditionally...

traditionally we didnt make any stories about asian people in america

>because he's white in the comics and legend said a white man

yup...that shits not racist, one day a white man will show up and be better than all the asians....that's cool.

How is his jew hair going to fit in the iconic mask?

People can cut their hair, user.

>what is Shang-Chi a character with a longer running book than IF has ever had
>because he's white in the comics and legend said a white man
There is no legend like that. He is one in a long line of IFs and happens to be white.

AoS and also in a newspaper headline in SD S1.

I hate that name though

The recent Iron Fist series explained it by having Danny's ascension being pre-arranged by the corrupt elders of Kun-Lun because they wanted to get access to the Rands' resources in America.

They should have cast a half asian, half white actor, or a Spic. Really a Spic would have been the most bulletproof way to go

>Nah DDS2 had a reference to Ultron

When?

>what is a thing that's NOT getting a netflix show
>happens to be white

So it'd be ok if he was asian then, his race isnt important.

>marvel
>hispanic hero

lolok

It's something I've honestly wondering about. The same critics praise JJ about sexual abuse and the importance of female characters and Luke Cage and the importance of a black male in a hoodie being a Superhero, are usually the same pre-bashing Danny for being a white male. We'll see, but I'm expecting to see articles with the same race-based caveats included.

half asian, half black, half white, half latin/hispanic, half native (or islander), and half middle eastern to cover all the bases

Only 74 died in it. THE INCIDENT isn't comparable to 9/11.

Yeah, it was a way bigger deal because FUCKING ALIENS EXIST.

So? Hulk alone thrashed Harlem. Ultron, a fucking android, destroyed an European country. Aliens also attacked London.

Shit has become common now.

Hulk and Ultron are not aliens and London was attacked after New York. It was a big deal because the general population didn't know about that shit back then.

Fuck, an alien robot attacked New Mexico.

Banshee was fucking legit holy shit. I'm watching it on Amazon Prime right now and that scene between the main character and the MMA dude was intense.

Thor movie had an alien invasion first.

But are they aliens?

Yes.

I'm just saying. THE INCIDENT is mentioned because it became a thing for the shows.

The truth is that there has been so many weird attacks now that THE INCIDENT, specially with such a low body count, shouldn't be so important.

No it didn't. A single alien robot attacked an empty street in a so-small-it-almost-doesn't-exist town in New Mexico, the fight was obscured by a tornado, and SHIELD was there to cover it up.

>how good is it?
Season one is good, second season is trash, but the fight choreography is always excellent.

calvinloveinternet.tumblr.com/post/140358451293/power-man-and-iron-fist-drew-up-luke-cage-and-iron

>POWER MAN AND IRON FIST
Drew up Luke Cage and Iron Fist’s new outfits from the comic (with some minor design changes) because they look so AWESOME. Also it will be a cold cold day in Hell before I draw a white Iron Fist.
Asian American Iron Fist forever!

I'm not saying it's a big deal or anything, but OP wasn't exactly making things up; this is a real phenomenon, albeit a fairly minor one. There definitely are people out there who are apparently completely in love with the NAME "Iron Fist" and yet are angrily hateful towards the actual character for existing. A lot of them have this fanfiction fan-character that they want Marvel to have star in Iron Fist rather than the actual title character and are baffled and offended that Marvel isn't doing so.

Huh. I hope those people stub their toes or step on Legos.

Aliens and superheroes first making their presences largely felt in the middle of New York is definitely something New yorkers would never shut the fuck up about.

This has been Cred Forums as a whole for at least 2 years now.

I mean, I do agree with him that Iron Fist's recent Game of Death-style costume is pretty good.

I can see it being the one they use in the show.

If people want an asian character give them Shang-Chi, but please do not allow to destroy original characters just to content tv critics...If Danny was Asian they'd have to reinvent completely his origins and story. Until now Netflix shows are respecting this...i didn't hear anyone complaining that Luke Cage is black and should be white...or no one remembers the "warm" welcome the black Human Torch got?

>Iron Fist
>Asian American
Why? Because he does martial arts?
That's racist.

MCU Giant Robot Iron Fist when?!

But if he's white it becomes cultural appropriation. There's no winning.

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but it creeps me out.

This. The character is damn old and changing his everything now would be a complete lack of respect for the source material.
But if he does not conform to racist standards of who is allowed to do mystical martial arts from fictional pocket dimension cities, the feefees of people who think that shoving one Asian guy into something helps millions will be hurt. Most of those are self-loathing white people who try to push their ideas on everyone, though. So it is safe to ignore them by their own logic.

>cultural appropriation
Does anybody actually care?

Loud and annoying people do, but they won't actually watch it anyway.

God thats so shameful of marvel to say 74. Its fucking NY, should have been 700.

Nobody with half a brain, no.
They don't get that civilisation is built on appropriation. Copying customs, technology, political ideas, food, clothing, art, etc. and making them your own is how people get ahead.

Will there be Fat Cobra

WILL THERE BE FAT COBRA?

Those are some fine ladies.
>No bras or shits under the gis
Lewd.

that issue that detailed his 'past' was fun

The one on the far left wants to see how fat Fat Cobra's cobra really is.

Benedict Wong as Kublai Khan is a fucking treasure though.
Like a gift from the eternal blue sky.

Hundred Eyes is a fucking legend.
He'd make a good Karnak...

This. It's fucking Marvel...critics will not "bash" it because they're on Disney's payroll. What the fuck would lead you to believe critics would bash anything from this brand? They fucking liked Thor 2

Did they? Did they really?

When they cast Finn as Danny, did he have to audition with Mike? Im just wondering how good the chemistry between those two is...

Because I always loved the bromance between Danny and Luke, and if that doesnt come across from the actors Im gonna be pretty disappointed.

>a complete lack of respect for the source material.

The sad part is you honestly believe the source material has any respect for itself. This is NOT a reason not to do something when it comes to comic books. It's like, the worst possible reason to be up in arms.

My super progressive friends were bashing Luke Cage for being "Typical liberal anti-blackness personified with a disturbingly conservative undertone". She stopped watching when they said the thing about nobody having a father anymore.

Luke Cage wasn't progressive enough for them. Iron Fist doesn't have a chance.

Pic related. This is the shit I have to deal with.

>portraying crime as a result of structural violence
You what now?

Is there going to be a lot of fisting in this series?

what makes you think any of them have actually read an Iron Fist comic or appreciate that Danny Rand's entire fucking role is as a permanent outsider? Both to the weird mystical asian bullshit he's actually raised in or to the american experience that he theoretically is a native to but has issues adapting with because he was raised elsewhere?

It's way better for the world if you engage in racism on multiple levels (white people can't learn to appreciate other cultures. asian people are inherently good at martial arts. etc. etc.) than to just leave the source material alone aside from some ease of use adaptations.

Why? The only girls worse than Swiss are Nederkankers.

I'm white, I live in a ghetto full of black people and went to school with black people. Unsurprisingly the kids I went to school with either: A got a scholarship or went to trade school or happened to have a job waiting for them and are reasonably successful and living happily in medicocrity B: walking stereotypes who are, at best, minor drug dealers, or at worst in prison.

I don't think a lot of these keyboard warriors actually talk to black people.

Why would they? People who get offended on behalf of black people are actually racist and think of blacks as being essentially children or animals who need to be treated like they're helpless to think or do things for themselves and as such are not worth engaging.
Or so I deduce from their behavior.

Yeah, this really reads like she's got it in her head that she knows how to fix racism, and is just incredulous that at least one actual black person doesn't agree with her.

remember when chinese officials were calling that chinese-american the USA sent over as ambassador a banana? Yellow on the outside, white on the inside? Keyboard Warriors do the same shit with anyone who disagrees with them. "You have internalized misogyny" or "You're too privileged to understand the plight of [insert group here]"

Rather than accept things like, oh "Black America" being an old running con by certain groups to get black people to do things outside their best interests. (Luke Cage is hardly the first show to point out that stirring up xenophobia in a community and calling for 'cultural solidarity' is one of the ways assholes take, and keep power) Or other fairly mild social observations they'd rather stay in their comfort zones and refuse to accept that the world is more complicated than they think it is.

Trust me, you haven't seen hilarity till you've seen an african immigrant tell a black man to take his 'brotherhood' and fuck off because he has work to do and he won't be handing out freebies based on skin color.

That's it, really. These kinds of people don't actually want to fix things, they want to be heroes (and are terrible at it). It's selfishness masquerading as selflessness.

Even on Cred Forums you can't escape the echo chamber. Let's all agree with each other on how horrible and out-of-touch tumblr is for seventy posts.

>people shouldn't agree on things because it triggers me!
Away with you.

>It's okay when a website I like does it!
Tsk tsk

Going against the grain doesn't make you a unique individual.

>The Japanese have mangas where Japs become World Champion in (heavyweight) boxing and football, and win tennis grand slams
>Fictionnal white people can't be good at asian martial arts despite having real life world champions

They also don't get that everyone does it.
The whole fucking world lives their everyday life cosplaying as white people.

Swiss here, can confirm.
I don't know why people think they're sexy aryan-looking babes, we're not that kind of inbred.

They didn't cast an aisian american actor? oh noy, the SJW's are going to be pissing themselves

To be fair there was a time where nobody would listen to black people issues if they weren't championned by white people.
Nowadays though, and for such mundane things as a cape TV show, it's stupid.

If it's a send up to the Kung Fu series the it should be great. Wandering around the streets of New York city, beating people up with sweet kicks.

>SD
What?

Ah, but it's a budget decided by Ike Perlmutter.

>implying real life new yorkers don't do that

How do you think they'll handle the FX?