Last year's event: Secret Wars IV

>Last year's event: Secret Wars IV

>This year's event: Civil War II

>Next years: a sequel to Monsters Unleashed.

Has Marvel officially given up? Can they only do sequels now? I haven't even mentioned Enemy of the State 2 and Clone Saga 2.

Any time I see that title all I can think of is pic related

>Monsters Unleashed
>sequel
Pick one.

Monsters Unleashed has basically nothing to do with the old Monsters Unleashed.
Now, if you were to say that they've run out of NAMES, I'd agree with you.

Monsters Unleashed seems like a mini event.

They're just raising awareness for iconic backlogs so that when the movie announcements come around...

I doubt they wont try to tie it into the original series in some way. And if they don't my autismo mode will go off the charts. I hate when they name a story something that has nothing to do with what they named it after.

I wouldn't even be upset about it as long as they went full on camp mode. I don't want to see modern day Dracula, I want to see the Universal Monsters version of Dracula.

I don't know, usually mini events only have Avengers, X-Men, or Spiders exclusively. This seems to have Inhumans, Avengers, X-Men, Champions, and Spiders.

This seems to have line wide tie-ins but I doubt it'll have major repercussions on the status quo

>I hate when they name a story something that has nothing to do with what they named it after.
You mean like "The Ultimates"?

Yes and no? I definitely like the new Ultimates a hell of a lot more than the old one, but the name does slightly bother me.

Monsters Unleashed isn't even an event.
It's a mini like Identity Crisis.

Events are things they swear will have an impact for years to come, has tie ins fucking everywhere, and they force some change that'll get undone after a couple years.
And it's not a crossover either since it's not a family of books or actual crossing over.

>I definitely like the new Ultimates a hell of a lot more than the old one
Terrible taste.

>Events are things they swear will have an impact for years to come
But Identity Crisis DID have an impact for the years since it was published. Max Lord killing Blue Beetle, Dr Light raping Sue Dibny, etc. Those were significant events.

This year's Spider-Man event IS Clone Saga 3.

Yeah I mean look at how Identity Crisis affected the Plasticman comic.

Batman Night of Monster Men

>I doubt they wont try to tie it into the original series in some way.
In what way would it, outside of appearances by Man-Thing or Jack Russel? There's been some minor attention given to the latter recently thanks to the omnibus, and Epic Collections given to Frankenstein and Man-Thing, but other than that, eh. Marvel reminds fans of some of their roots (50s horror comics) every couple of years. They did it with FrankenCastle and they'll do it again.

I really don't believe you were such a fan of the original Monsters Unleashed that you'd be offended by this, since it's nothing new, and surely you would have noticed this pattern by now if you'd really been reading comics in the early 70s. So really, you just sound like kind of tryhard. Sorry.

Monsters Unleashed isn't their big summer event. It's just a double-shipping 5 issue mini with a small handful of tie-ins. More Standoff than CWII.

Most of these aren't events in the way you're thinking of them. Like Monsters Unleashed is just a mini, I don't think it's going to shake up the status quo like an EVENT. It's just a (hopefully) fun series featuring some big ass monsters.