NYCC 2016

So, who is going to NYCC?

Not me, I don't want to get arrested for stare rape

Going on Friday and Sunday, although I am not exactly excited since the panels look dull and I am going alone which is always depressing

I'm going as an exhibitpor's +1 for the entire four days. What panels you guys hoping to check out? Mine;

>ArtCred
>Spotlight: Ron Wimberley
>War Comics
>Eisner/Kirby
>Young Animal
>Legion preview

Also some Image panels. That's being very hopeful though. I've never been so no idea how it'll go

I was finally able to get Saturday tickets this year so I'm pretty excited

I'm going alone too...

>movie and tv trade show
>"comic" con

I am Cred Forumsmrade. Any recommendations on what to check out?

Women of Marvel, it's not to be missed.

I'm going as a chair folder for the main auditorium.

Their are a bunch of panels going on at about the same time and I am not sure which to go to:

Marvel: Divided We Stand
DC Batfamily
Plotting and Pencils
Young Animal
Valiant

Which one should I go to?

Also the thing I am most looking forward to is Game Grumps Live

The panelists doing Plotting and Pencils are pretty shit, wouldn't bother.

I don't care for Valiant's mediocre output, and Marvel events and anything Batman related can get fucked

YA is the only answer

>The panelists doing Plotting and Pencils are pretty shit, wouldn't bother.

What exactly happens in this panel? Because I've always been interested in the process of how comics get made and seeing it done live would be interesting even if the panelist where shit

Can't remember the synopsis but sounds like it's essentially a breakdown on how artists take a script and break it down into thumbnails/layouts and then take it to the next stage, pencils

I'm going. Trying to decide which panels to go to on Thursday and Friday.

mostly gonna be there saturday and sunday.

first timer, any tips?

preferably not the kinda shit id get on reddit "BRING FIRST AID AND TIP COSPLAYERS"

do you people bring backpacks or something to hold your shit in

Going to the Iron Fist panel

bump

>do you people bring backpacks or something to hold your shit in

that is a good idea if you plan to buy shit. Also bring cash and perhaps something to eat unless you plan to leave the Javitz center to eat because the food inside is overpriced and terrible.

Also find out which panels you want to go to beforehand so you can plan you day accordingly. It's a big building and you are bound to get lost if it is your first time so finding a map plus knowning where want to go before hand makes things easier.

Anything that is being held in the main stage is going to have massive lines so either show up early to get good seating or don't show up at all.

Go to the Artist Alley so you can see the artist schedules and maybe plan on getting sketches/autographs when the person is available

Also it might be a good idea to wait until Sunday for last minute deals on stuff in the dealers room but that isn't always the case

Also bring a cellphone charge/portable battery if you plan to take pictures. But I guess that's just common sense

Take a few laps around the showroom before buying anything. Take notes so you can remember prices and locations. Don't splurge right off the bat, basically.

what/where is this artist schedule thing within artist alley

jesus where do I find a map of the 2016 nycc?

>what/where is this artist schedule thing within artist alley

if it isn't on the nycc website; the person will have it on their table at the convention

>jesus where do I find a map of the 2016 nycc?
They will most likely be given out maps at the convention itself for free. Their is already a map of the vendors area if you go on the website or download the app

Hot tip: Don't bother waiting in line to get autographs in the autograph sessions. Shit takes forever and if you don't queu up super early you stand the chance of not getting your stuff signed (unless the person is unpopular and has smalls lines).

If that person is part of a panel or has an appearance at a booth, skulk around that and you might get the chance to have the person sign it then and not have to wait forever. Did that when Morrison had his panel in 2013

are they gonna show any teasers or trailers?