Puppet Master Storytime Part 3

Issues 1-7 here: Issues 8-15 here: Finishing off the current Puppet Master run tonight with Issues 16-18. But first up, we've got last year's standalone Halloween Special.

This book actually happens before the first movie, when Neil Gallagher is the Puppet Master. It also gives some explanations for Kahn's disappearance between the opening of Puppet Master 1 and the rest of the movie.

>hey kid, wanna /ss/?

neil you dog

>ayo did you guys see that sex crime I just committed?

alright everybody, let's pose

What if Alf had been a Toulon Puppet? I bet his cat-eating shenanigans would have been taken a lot more seriously.

lots of boobs and butts, Samhain bless you, OP

I'm honestly not sure what he expected Tunneler to be able to do. I mean I know this is a trial run but He's pretty self-explanatory.

I wonder where Torch and Six Shooter are during this period, though?

boy im glad the mods don't actually check threads

at least you tried, Jester.

>Jester didn't do his face spin thing to his grinning face when he saw her changing

missed opportunity tbqh

well there you have it, Kahn seems to have been intentionally sabotaging Neil's work, and got punished with having his goo drained out.

And that's the end of the Halloween special.

Next up, we return to the Puppets and their new master in the present in issue #16.

begin Issue #16

Hey it's Mephistopheles. I thought it was kind of implied he was rebuilt into Blade

Homunculus is back too. I wonder what's going on?

Feels like this whole exercise was just malicious.

I will never understand why puppets give such trouble. Fucking kick them through a wall.

This whole sequence just makes the gut punch moment that much harder.

well yeah, Neil was a dick.

:(

Never trust puppets.

please tell me the puppets dont turn on the kid

youll see

Camille is a nasty piece of work. I like her a lot though - she makes a nice lieutenant for the villain.

:O

FYI, Leech Woman was incinerated in Puppet Master 2 because Paramount thought she was too gross, but she just showed up again in later movies.

This explains why.

The concept of this astral theater is so cool. Since the main cast all can't talk, it lets them have dialogue together.

This page has another reference to the movies, too- specifically Six Shooter's absence in the first couple movies. Plus earlier Sutekh's servants were taunting him with something from his past. I really wonder where they'll take this.

Kahn is kinda shady

End of Issue 16

Begin issue #17.

Why does he wear the mask?

HE HAS BEEN CHOSEN

Save her Jester!

REALLY glad the mods don't check these threads.

It's the Retro Puppets!

its like im really watching a b-horror movie, that scum-bag was a just a sack of organs. didnt even have a ribcage

Looks like Madame Andon is still skulking around...

...uh oh

Beginning issue #18, which is the last for tonight and the most recent one published.

Hope you're ready for this...

Not even the kids are innocent. PURGE THEM ALL

>no heart
>no lungs
>his chest cavity solely consists of intestines
Fuck your right

:(

The puppets were never this tough in the movies.

This seems awfully sudden.

>they don't want this either
fuck this kid

>beating luchadores

This must be a fever dream. Luchadores are unkillable.

This better be some kind of outside influence.

If not it comes off as status quo is king.

I remember this. The plot falls apart as the kid has a face-heel turn with no real justification, except Puppet Masters can never stay happy.

jesus

...well that's a surprise.

Yeah, kinda lost all credibility that he gained up to this point, pretty sure Toulon would be disappoint.

oh....

oh no...

I like that they're just casually putting their heads back on like it's no big deal.

Oh well nevermind.

Shooter bringin' the heat.

I guess that's that for Anthony...

Oh dear.

I KNEW IT WAS THE NAZIS ALL ALONG!

Man I really didn't like the direction they took this arc. Like Anthony had problems but he seemed at least kinda together, but then he makes the puppets kill a bunch on innocents including kids. Like yeah kill the guy beating his wife, and the rapist, but what the fuck kid

>the puppets from axis rising
neat

aaaand that's it. That's the end of the issue.
Yeah it really fucking annoyed me too. I have no idea where the story's going to go now, because they throw out the whole previous arc. I guess it's going to be Anapacapitron, Neil, Andon, and maybe Camille vs Human Toulon in a doughy teenager's body.

I would have much rather had Anthony being mentored by Toulon and dealing with his evil dad and shit than for them to scrap everything.

I guess one positive might be that in the last issue they (temporarily?) killed Camille and showed that the shrink's soul was trapped too. It always seemed weird that the psychotic murderer's soul was just some paranormal investigator's mom. If they ditch the mom and bring Camille back with the doctor's soul that'd be swell.

>Axis Rising puppets

Ugh, God, the movies series has fallen so far.

That's a terrible plan. There's no fucking way that would work. Not with modern forensics.

You don't need a high grade detective to figure out this whole thing is fishy.

Toulon going evil with a rotting brain makes sense, but Camille doesn't. They explained one guy turning psycho, but not the other. That still bothers me.

Camille was a normal person, who was freshly dead.

I hope they reveal that Anapa was fucking with Anthony and made him go kill crazy because this was really out of nowhere and just bleh

Yeah that always seemed weird to me too. I guess the problem is 2 in general, since it sort of went against the character of Toulon established in the first and then third movie.

It seems like within that movie, the magic somehow always makes you evil. What doesn't make any sense is that unlike Toulon, Camille doesn't have ANY of her living self's personality traits, when Toulon comes back with all his memories.

The only thing I can think of is that, within Puppet Master 2 specifically, the reanimated body's personality is based on the body itself, not the soul that inhabits it. Toulon would have his old memories since he's in the same body, but he created Camille's body, so she might have whatever personality he built for her, and the soul that got transferred into her was just "fuel."

Yeah I would appreciate that too. Although it could have something to do with the girl's vision in the previous arc of Anthony looking like Anapa/Sutekh, here . Maybe Anthony carries something related to Anapa in him and he has some kind of evil potential that Anapa wants to take advantage of.

Think that might actually be the case. Looking back to the final pages of one of the later issues, the Red Hair girl from the sanitarium 'saw' Anthony as a sort of Anapa-esque demon. I'm going to say that his psychic bloodline leaves him much more susceptible to Anapa's power.

Or Neil made a deal and gave his son to Anapa

so uh, is it just me or is camille kind of hot sometimes

I think that's that firm, yet supple mahogany ass.

thanks for the storytime op, i had no idea they had their own comic

At this point, I wish the Puppet Master series would just do a full-on reboot, fix the continuity errors and just focus on the stuff that worked because the constant retconning is diluting the brand something fierce

same desu, although the comics are doing a fair job of working with that continuity and making it into something interesting.

Horror movie comics almost always add a power boost.

Thanks for storytiming this!

No problem.

By the way, the new Halloween Special comes out next Wednesday, and issue #19 isn't until November. If you guys are interested, you should pick them up. I think it's a pretty neat little book and hopefully it gets a pretty decent run.

>Ugh, God, the movies series has fallen so far.

Better or worse than the one staring Mark from The Room?

Going by the movies, since I've not read these comics in some time, Torch wasn't around until after they were freed from Gallagher's influence. He first showed up in Puppet Master II under the control of an undead Andre Toulon. It's likely he was in storage elsewhere unless he was just created recently and had someone's stored essence added to him at that point.

Six-Shooter really is a mystery, as he was introduced in my favorite installment, Puppet Master III, which took place during WWII.

PM 3 really is good. And they're definitely setting Six Shooter up for something shady, like He may have been rogue or under a different Puppet Master than the others.

bump

Where's the Chucky cameo?

Well I gotta say I loved yer story times user, but that last issue was fucking poor, then again I suppose you always have a gut punch in horror series, R.I.P lucha bros.

Still, could be building towards something, considering what the ginger saw. When is the next issue, also will you storytime the 90's run

wew lad

yeah I really liked the angle of Anthony being a new Puppet Master who is learning the ropes and hanging out with puppetbros, but they took like one issue to completely do a 180.