Meh Teir
>Jessica vs Nuke
>Daredevil vs The Hand

Horribly shitty teir
>Luke Cage vs Diamondback

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1mIq-hoWpRM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is Nuke?! And I actually didn't hate the Diamondback arc. The resolution was shit (the fight and the shitty ass costime), but seem Cage actually have to be extra cautious and him stalking him like some Gospel Terminator was awesome

Blonde cop guy is Nuke. In comics he's a shitty knock-off of Cap attempted during veitnam, and a minor villain.

The pill thing was accurate.

I'll take LC vs DB's resolution and final episode over the shit that was JJ vs PM. The amount of stupid in JJ's final episode soured me on it. In general, all of these last episodes suck relative to their own series/season.

I don't really see Daredevil as vs The Hand though, it's more like DD vs himself or vs Elektra's influence.

>>Jessica vs Purple man

You have to literally have shitty taste to enjoy this show that much.

Jessica vs Purple Man was horrible. The most anticlimactic shit ever.

I don't like how Killgrave died, same with Cottonmouth. Diamondback was great until the final fight

>puts friend in harm's way for no reason
>big 'flying' moment blown and wasted
>surprise you were fine the whole time
I hope it's something about rape victims never really losing their power or some shit. It'd still be just a stupid but at least there's be some reason for it's shitty quality besides pure incompetence.

DB was so goofy, random, and horrible.

Built up like some terrifying badass super-mobster, but when he showed up just acted like a psycho with no business sense or single motivation besides daddy issues and wanting to kill Luke.

oh no, I'm finishing episode 8, does it really get bad in the end?

Not as bad as Jessica Jones. Just keep at it.
It has its cheesy points though

Luke Cage was so boring (first six episodes he's SUPERMAN and his opponents are NOBODIES) and so hamfisted in how it progresses the story and tries to push an agenda explaining to you what the whole point of the story is over and over. It's incredibly annoying.

No spoilers, but many smart characters are going to do a lot of stupid shit

I still like it better the Daredevil season 1 at least.

That's just because Luke triggers the shit outta him

It gets weaker. Jessica finally makes a revelation I was shouting at my monitor right around when it starts to drag. The final fight goes a little too easy for her. Although, Ritter's smile would have had me stunned for a few seconds too.

The cheese is not what is wrong with the series or the ending.

It's okay to not like blaxploitation genre influences. I'd still put this series as a whole above JJ and maybe S2 of DD.

I liked how Luke vs Diamondback ends. "I stopped giving him hate."

I really liked everything in the series up until Cottonmouth died. He was a legit great antagonist, and him being shoved away to put that niggress as the "big bad" was pretty shitty

I think the show basically lost all its power from the moment Luke gets shot with the Judas and onwards. That final fight against Diamondback was kinda weak IMO

>tries to push an agenda explaining to you what the whole point of the story is over and over.

Curious what you think the "agenda" is, because I found the story over all FAR more bipartisan then any other media recently, especially for a show with mostly black actors.

oh wow, episode 8 user here. I just saw her jump away. I know they do her powers on the cheap and it's been done with awkward cuts before but god damn that was horrible

We can all agree Kingpin, Purple Man, and Cottonmouth are better then ANY Marvel movie villains in the last 5 years, right?

Same, it was the only good part of that fight imo. The corny flashbacks during it were nice too, I guess.

The TV villains shit on the movie ones. EASILY. Diamonback was a better Zemo

Season 2 Kingpin is just so far above everyone else really.

I fucking loved how much of an arrogant prick Cottonmouth was. His actor nailed his taunting laugh.

>hammer invents luke cage killing bullets
>hammer invents full on super soldier suits
>hammer invents full on super soldier suits that run on adrenaline or anger somehow
Since when did Hammer shit work?

Since Agents of SHIELD, I believe.

They frequently used him when they needed random tech.

I don't think so. I could be wrong but I'm pretty up on my AoS.

Diamondback seems pretty important in the Luke Cage universe could i get some require reading for his character?

I wish they went with the hero for hire angle.

To be fair, it's not really anticlimactic when the villain is the least menacing piece of shit ever.
Dying like a little bitch is par for the course for a villain who is a little bitch.
Purple Man was just awful.

the flashbacks of him and willis/willis's mother when he was in georgia were the only thing that made their entire interactions comprehensible/sympathetic. they should have done that from the episode after diamondback first showed up.

>The most anticlimactic shit ever.

That's really the best term for it. The setup and middle of the arc itself was pretty good, but then it slipped away into a disappointing mess right at the end.

Watch as Diamondback discovers a few months later that he got cancer from the battle suit.

Give me a red.

So I assume all of these show tie in together thanks to the weird chemicals nearly everyone was exposed to? Question is, what company are they going to use?

Oscorp, now that they own the rights to that.

They have to make money somehow.

I miss Justin Hammer. Someone needs to spring his ass out of jail.

youtube.com/watch?v=1mIq-hoWpRM

AIM?

IGH

Maybe he'll replace Tony as the guy who builds shit when the Thunderbolts replace the Avengers? He's more likely to obey orders.

I hope so. Sam Rockwell is a national treasure.

>AIM
Man was that a waste in IM3. No bee keeper suits or crazy inventions. Hope they return and have MODOK

>MODOK
Who would play him?

Charlie Day

Fully CGI, Bendis behind the mic doing a terrible Donald Trump impression

I didn't even have to click to know it was the dance clip. How? Because that clip is the best example of everything his character is, after Stark's expo scene.

I really thought AoS was gonna run with it. The new time slot and this season practically changing the title to "Agents of Ghost Rider" tells me AIM is ded-ded.

Sam Rockwell also has the devil in his feet.

Fuck, he doesn't even have to be Hammer. I just want him dancing in Harlem.

>ghost rider sam rockwell that challenges criminals in Harlem to dance offs for their souls
FUND IT

I was hyped for The Hand arc, but about halfway through I lost interest. The Hand is a great villain, and I enjoy them, but at the end of the day I can't get over that they're going to be lead by a rich girl whose last name sounds like "Nachos".

Also I didn't like how the Hand-focused stuff dragged Matt out of the courtroom. I wanted juicy lawyer shenanigans with cape action, and I got ninjas.

>they're going to be lead by a rich girl whose last name sounds like "Nachos".
Figurehead. You have the figurehead that has ritualistic power or spiritual significance who is manipulated by advisers with political motives.

This happens constantly in human history and in Luke Cage with shades and Black Lady who is not the Detective.

You can clearly tell that's not going to be the case, this is Marvel Netflix not GOT. Daredevil and other cape shows are all about individuals doing big fantastic things.

Elektra led the Hand directly in the comics, and she's going to lead them directly in the TV show. Nobu wasn't a figurehead and he was pretty much the front-and-center face of the Hand throughout most of the second season. Not to mention with all the reverence they give to the Black Sky, there's going to be some reason why she's the sickest fighter ever or something along those lines.

stands for Inhuman Growth Hormone

See, I loved Purple man, but I didn't really like the culmination of that fight. The 'surprise' neck-snap wasn't really that well handled. I think there could have been better ways to do it.

Also I think DD hasn't actually fought against Kingpin, he fought against Wilson Fisk and he fought against 'ILL INTENT' Fisk, but Wilson is finally becoming the Kingpin now and he has his sights set on both Murdock and Daredevil.

Luke Cage's war against Cottonmouth was interesting because you saw that most of the worst things were caused by Cottonmouth's minions going overboard with his orders. Pop's death, which set everything in motion, wasn't Cottonmouth's fault but it did happen because of Cottonmouth. I liked that dynamic. Also, the flashbacks to Cottonmouth's childhood were really chilling and made me actually feel bad for the character.

The whole Nuke fight was underwhelming and stupid to me, she just takes a single pill and stabs him... but there is no clue or direction that she did anything above or beyond normal human capabilities to get there. The scene came off like she just took it because they wanted to have a 'drug user going through withdrawal/overdose' episode.

Daredevil Vs. The Hand was straight out of comics. You can't hate it because it literally walked out of multiple Daredevil/Avengers comics and straight onto the screen.

The problem is that anything involving Frank is way more interesting than The Hand. The plot was a victim of it's own success, in a way.

The thing that sold me on the costume was that it was a Hammer-tech suit they stole. It wasn't his suit and he didn't have any control over the colors it came in. I was okay with it when I realized that he had just taken a prototype and was using it to get what he wanted.

It wasn't even armor though it was fabric. His jaw wasn't even protected. All Luke had to do was punch him square in the chin to cave his fucking head in.

Luke obviously didn't want to kill him though. And the fabric was obviously bullet-proof and shock absorbent from how Shades' bullets and Luke's punches were brushed off.

Notice how DB was pretty much okay that entire fight until Luke uppercutted him and smashed his helmet's glass?

Also fabrics have been used to absorb impacts for a LONG time, they are called bulletproof vests. I can suspend my disbelief and agree it is possible that a post-alien invasion weapon's company could develop a type of fabric that uses energy to somehow absorb or displace kinetic force. Maybe that suit is made up of some kind of metal-weave that solidifies when energy is pumped into it, and the inner layer is some kind of pressure sensor that pumps energy into the suit in an expanding wave to displace kinetic energy or some shit like that. This is a show where a guy got a bath in some kind of acid that made his tissue super durable, super elastic, and super regenerative to the point where he is practically invincible.

Anyone mind helping me out on this: Episode 5, Claire talked about helping someone who got shot in the head with a shotgun and who recovered from it. Who was this?

>>Daredevil vs Kingpin
It was for the most part meh. Daredevil walks into the street and beats inconsequential people up. Meanwhile Fisk loses his shit and destroys his own criminal empire.

The first season should be called The Kingpin, be about rise and fall of the autistic crime genius and should not have involved Daredevil at all.

Bump

>>Luke Cage vs Cottonmouth
>>Jessica vs Purple man
>>>>>>>>>>>>""""""""
>>>>"""
>>""
""""""
[ G o d t i e r ]
"""""""""
>

ayy lmao

Fucking this. I mean, I get what they were going for with the Fisk's characterization. Really, I do. But everything from Karen finding out about Fisk's mother to the finale was handled in such a painfully contrived fashion, it's hard to believe Fisk would've been caught had he not been secretly a raging manchild.

Horribly, horribly shit tier:
Jessica Jones v/s Personal Hygiene

Hey man, do you have any idea how much of a literal pain in the ass it is to run out of toilet paper and be forced to use your super strength to rip the wallpaper off to wipe your butt?

Hello my Nubian brothers and sistas. My name is Luke Cage and I have a giant 13 inch glistening mandingo penis ready for the taking. We waz kangs and shit, (puts dollar in swear jar) and we must work together to fight the man and reclaim whats ours. I put my hoodie on As-salamu alaykum.

>Who is Nuke?!

>being this casual

I can't even fucking finish it. I've started it over from the beginning twice. I make it to the eighth episode and just tap out. The show feels like nothing is getting achieved and making the actress mean mug at the camera at every fucking opportunity while she surrounds herself with incompetent boobs grates on the nerves. Purple Man couldn't save that show for me.

It's hard to believe Karen Page is the best fucking detective ever.

She learned from the best. Poor Ben, he was one of the more enjoyable parts of Daredevil.

I hated the lame ass detective work in Jessica Jones. Felt really lacking in that department.

Luke Cage, puts money in swear jaw when swearing and wears a hoodie.
The rest of your post was just stupid.

I liked all the shows so far.
And I'm stoked for Iron Fist, Defenders, Punisher Jessica Jones series 2 and Daredevil series 3.
The harshest criticism I could find with any of the shows are they're a bit decompressed - but they're all good for a binge watching.

Luke Cage got shot in Jessica Jones. Claire ended up helping him.

>puts money in the swear jaw
And that is how Luke defeated Diamondback.

All the series seem to drag on a bit too long, but that could just be fatigue from binging it. Hard to say. Doesn't help when they keep relying on defeating villains only to have them replaced with other villains. Daredevil has been the worst for this by far, and I don't think the suddenly-all-about-ninjas twist in season 2 was too well received, the height being when Frank was Franking the Frank out of shit early on. Daredevil season 1 felt too much like Daredevil's take on Max Payne wiping out all the various criminal groups one by one until he ran out (at least Fisk was obviously going to return).

I did like Luke Cage quite a bit. I'm normally not a huge fan of super durable heroes since they can be rather boring, but they did a damn fine job of keeping the tension up with the human drama. Hell, I'm still amazed by how well they kept the blacksploitation elements, fitting from his origin, yet made it work.

I'm still wondering what Reva was ultimately up to. The Kilgrave experiments weren't related to Seagate as far as I could tell but she was collecting all this information about different enhancement experiments for some reason.

I guess we may never know.

I think it was exactly what it looked like. Human enhancement for the benefit of all. But she had a change of heart, most likely because of the bodycount and she was sincere when she said Luke changed her life. That's why she never tried to reconnect with that dude who helped Luke despite having all their data. And I think we'll find out about this. I think it's part of a concerted human enhancement endeavors that we saw were responsible for both Jessica and Kilgrave. People who would use prisoners would also use newly orphaned badly injured kids. The enhancement angle seems to be something for JJ's to pick up again in her next season.

>His actor nailed his taunting laugh.
Best part of the show. I loved how he constantly called Luke a dishwasher.

Rock Son.

I liked Diamondback but absolutely hated Mariah and Shades. For me those two dragged Luke Cage down from about 8/10 to 6/10

I thought the suit absorbed the kinetic energy of impacts into the battery on the back and then used that, which is why it charged when he was getting shot and Luke punching him and drained when Luke stopped fighting back?

I preferred Cottonmouth to Diamondback as a villain. I liked the fact that none of Luke's foes were regular people until Diamondback decided to go super duper using Hammertech that actually worked as advertised. I wasn't enamored with him beforehand given he was just plain crazy and somehow still super effective at killing people. The worst was Domingo given they just pulled guns on him and said they were going to kill him. You don't kill a guy by making him stare at your guns, you fucking kill him by shooting him the moment your guns are drawn.

I also preferred Cottonmouth, but I still liked Diamondback. Cottonmouth was this ruthless gangster who ended up in a conflict with Cage and it was very interesting. And then Diamondback shows up in the middle of all this gritty drama about "the streets" and politics and he's just an insane guy with a supergun obsessed with killing cage. Although maybe I just liked him because it was a choice between scenes with him or more of mariah and shades

I thought Shades was great, like Kingpin's number 2, Westley, in Daredevil season 1 that doesn't get punked out and ruined in the second to last episode.

>God Tier
>Daredevil vs Punisher

this

I was waiting for Mariah and Shades to fuck

That said, I hated Shades

Also, I really liked how they set up both Cottonmouth and Mariah as the sort of antithesis to black progressivism. Sure, they have their respective empires, and are feared and respected because of it but it's all built from the foundation of organized crime. In a way, they also represented wasted potential, too.

Diamondback is an awesome villain once you understand that he's completely insane.

He has a Joker-Batman relationship with Luke. Diamondback wants to try to kill Luke but doesn't really want Luke to die because otherwise, Diamondback doesn't really have anything to do with his life. Making him suffer was good enough while Luke didn't have powers but once he became super, the game changed.

He is consumed by an inferiority complex and now wants to be what he made Luke. He wants powers....not just power.

Diamondback mirrors Hammer in this regard. The object of their hatred is someone they find themselves compelled to emulate.

Diamondback is scary because he'll kill you for no good reason. He has no plan, as Shades rightly realized, doesn't want a plan and simply does whatever insane thought in his mind at the time dictates.

>You can clearly tell that's not going to be the case, this is Marvel Netflix not GOT.
Shades.

pretty good list
I'd also add DD vs Nobu to high tier