SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

The third antagonist of the movie alongside the Vulture and the Shocker, who is allegedly being played by Logan Marshall-Green, is none other than... Aunt May's douchebag boyfriend.

Also another famous villain will have a cameo. Looks like it's either Norman Osborn, Otto Octavius or Eddie Brock.

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/surprising-details-on-spider-man-homecomings-third-villain-and-a-cameo-a145662

Why does there have to be more than 1 antagonist

It's fun.

Vulture is the main villain anyway. Shocker and Tinkerer are just secondary antagonists.

Theres nothing wrong with having more than one antagonist, its just that you have to know how to balance them, and know which one is the lead. Personally I dont see anything wrong with Toomes being the lead villain with Shocker being the assist

This movie is gonna be a mess.

>Aunt May's douchebag boyfriend

This could go very wrong very fast.

Uncle Tony will be there to help

>Eddie Brock.

Not while Peter is 15 or shit

Seeing Spidey beating up an old man could be fun.

In a much edgier movie I'm imagining this guy just walking around the apartment in his boxer shorts all day, chronically unemployed, drunk, Pete hates him, Aunt May just keeps him around because he has a huge dick, which Peter has to hear him fuck Aunt May with every night. Constantly giving Pete terrible guido style dating advice. It would be hilarious.

Aunt May's 20 year old Jersey Shore boy toy.

This movie is gonna suck so bad. I'm pretty much starting to believe Marvel has let the money go to their heads so much that they will make the worst possible Spider-Man movie just to spit in Sonys face and be like WE DONT NEED SPIDER-MAN

Yo Pete is your girlfriend MJ pregnant or just getting fat? If she's pregnant you shoulda asked ya uncle for help, I gotta cousin who operates outta his garage, totally legit. But if she's getting fat you better dump that slizz bro, just laying down the truth for ya Pete.

>Eddie Brock
this universe's Venom is gonna be interesting

They could easily do what Ultimate/Spec Spidey did, and have Eddie be much older than Peter with Venom being OsCorps attempt at the Super Soldier Serum, which eventually led/was dropped due to the Oz Formula.

It just hasn't been really succesful in previous movies so I'm really hoping they don't muck it up in this one

What if they decided to go straight to Agent Venom only using Eddie?
Well to be fair, ASM2 was SONY's fault

Yo Pete you goin out like that? Dressed like a faggot? Nah chill I'm just fuckin with you brah you're alright. But for real don't plan on coming home tonight, I'm opening up May's back door and her box is so fucking tight you know that's not going to go easy.

I guess, I trust Marvel will make at the very least a decent film. If I see a well adapted venom story arc I'll be able to die happy.

>It's a multiple antagonist Spider-Man movie
Oh yes because that worked so well the first two times it happened!

Spider-Man 2 had Doc Ock and the second Green Goblin and is often hailed as one of the best comic book movies ever made.

I don't know if I'd give it that title. It's my favorite because I was really young when I saw it. I even remember seeing it in cereal boxes and having debates in school on how Doc Ock put clothes on with those metal arms in the way.

Critics loved it: 93% Rotten Tomatoes, 83% Metacritic.

Nigga, Aunt May isn't dating Luis.

Spider-Man 3 had the second Green Goblin. 2 had Ock working with Harry Osborne who was not in the capacity as a costumed villain. That generally works better, having only one "supervillain" if you have multiple villains,

It's a godawful Spider-Man adaptation and even as a movie it doesn't hold up well.

Is it a really bad spiderman adaption? I don't think as a movie it deserves 93%. Removing my personal attachment for it I'd give it a 7.

>Agent Venom fags still think Marvel is gonna choose their fad over the Venom everyone knows and loves

All sources point to Shocker being a throwaway villain at the beginning of the movie, like Batroc in Cap 2.

But Sony is making it

I don't give a shit what they do.

I saw Mary Jane and I am not watching this garbage.

The real question is will Marvel have a good Brock Venom. I fucking hate it when they make Venom a mindless slobbering monster.

I want him quipping at Spidey while viciously trying to murder the shit out of him.

GUYS what if Eddie Brock is Aunt May's douchebag boyfriend?

What if this movie is just as bad as Amazing 2?
What if this movie bombs?

Keeps the story from being too linear. Now you're being attacked on 3 fronts by bad guys which would otherwise be not issue by themselves without a clear leader

>What if they decided to go straight to Agent Venom only using Eddie?

That would be stupid.

>aunt mays BF
its otto

Sony thinks more villains makes up for a weak plot.

they could be doing a "superior foes of spiderman" type thing, which would work out perfectly for introducing a cast of villains imo.

Im okay with that, Shocker always was a throwaway villain and it allows them to more easily set up the sinister 6

Sony

It will be worse than ASM2
It won't bomb

It will be the worst Spider-Man movie of all time, and it will receive critical praise

>the Shocker, who is allegedly being played by Logan Marshall-Green
But that's blatantly wrong.
Your source is utter shit.

Wasn't that what jacked up Spider-Man 3?

Okay, there was a lot wrong with that movie, but having too many antagonists was certainly a big bugbear.

I'd read it. How many toogrim Spider-Man universes do we have? Closest I could think of is Reign.

It was alright and it held the superhero theme pretty well and had a neat script for May and Ock.

Really liking that costume.

We all know they'll MCU it up for the kids. Can't have your iconic monster scaring the moms. Also if they do go for Agent Venom, chances are they'll just put about five seconds of teeth venom in for the wink fanservice.

>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS
>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS
>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS
>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS
>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS
>4 VILLAINS
4 VILLAINS

Next you'll tell me you believe the "Spider-Man 3 was bad on purpose!" spiel.

Peter being a fool and it being played up on purpose=/=bad on purpose

I hope you get the help you need for your autism, user.

There's like 250,000 people in this movie.

But that's exactly what he's saying.

>reading comprehension

Multiple villains is alright as long as you don't go full retard

TDK had Scarecrow, some Chinese dude and Maroni besides Joker and Two-Face

I'm an unashamed agent venom fag, but it is important for Eddie to be done first. The best thing about Agent Venom was Flash's friendship with Peter and Spider-Man's relationship with Venom. We need Venom to hate Spider-Man otherwise there's no conflict there.

It was a shame they only butted heads in issue 4.

TDK did it well though.

Scarecrow's ass was taken out in the first 15 minutes and it wrapped up a plot thread from the first movie so it actually served a purpose to the story.

>All sources point to Shocker being a throwaway villain
what else is new

Because nobody has learned anything from Spiderman 3.

>Aunt May's douchebag boyfriend

So we are going the 'everybody is connected route' again?

Well this is the MCU so Venom would most definitely be quipping. They had Ultron quip so I don't see why Venom wouldn't.

It's been six months since her husband died and now she is dating someone? What the fuck?

It's always fun to see the hero tackling on somebody else for cool scenes. Think of the bank robbery opening scene from TDK.

The movie opening with Spider-Man dealing with the shocker then the rest of the movie being The Vulture is great.

>Spider-Man 2 had Doc Ock and the second Green Goblin

What the hell are you talking about? There is no second green goblin in SM2. There is just Harry dealing with his anger issues.

I don't mind them adding characters as long as they're setting up antagonists in future films in a way that feels natural. Sort of like how Connors was clearly going to have a payoff in the Raimi movies.

This presents a few problems though, as ASM2 spent too much time advertising the future of the franchise rather than focusing on what it was doing, and we all know what happens when you fuck up with too many villains in one pot, it ruins the film.

If by bad on purpose you mean that Raimi purposely decided to half ass it as a fuck you to Sony because they forced him to use Venom, a character he didn't like and did not want to use for the film? Then yeah, I guess you could say Spider-Man 3 was bad on purpose.

In SM3, each antagonist had a storyline which could have been a main one:
It was revealed that Sandman killed Ben, which was retarded, Harry had his plot about becoming a super-villain and reforming in the course of the movie and Venom had his usual miroring Spider-Man stitch.
I think it was too crowned.

If secundary villains are handled like Batroc in CA:TWS it could be fine. Even though I'd like to see Shocker a bit more than we did Batroc.

Saved this post just because it's damn true.

Feige's talked a lot about only focusing on this one Spidey film. Obviously he means there's going to be some uncertainty on Avengers crossovers, but I also think he recognises the errors Sony made with the ASM franchise and is prioritising putting out the one good movie and dealing with the rest later

>Sort of like how Connors was clearly going to have a payoff in the Raimi movies.

Apparently not.

>aunt may getting the shocker

nobody's been cast for Mary Jane yet, user

there's like 250,000 people in every big movie

they're just not usually reported by name because most people don't care about the extras on other movies

Still in denial over that Zenday girl or something, are we?

>Still in denial over that Zenday girl or something, are we?

Still believing baseless rumors, are we?

Looking forward to more bitter tears from you, then.

Didn't ultimate aunt May date Miles Warren? Although if Selenis Leyva indeed a rule 63 version of Raymond Warren as has been reported, that would be weird.

It's not like Brock didnt quip all the time anyway

>Venom
>Not Quipping
i want Cred Forums to fuck off forever

or maybe he'll be in the whole movie getting chased to the ends of the earth

>bitter tears

>implying real people actually care about racebending

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Eddie was the equivalent to the traditional Flash Thompson as the muscular blonde bully.

Why did they hire Tom Hardy for such a small role?