At what age did you realize your cartoon friends werent real?

At what age did you realize your cartoon friends werent real?
i found out spongebob wasnt real when i was 8

ASAMI ISN'T REAL?!

W-what do you mean they're not real?

Oh user.....i thinks its time we had that talk

D-don't do this to me man, if I lose this I have nothing left.

...I never thought they were real. Maybe it's because I was drawing as far back as I can remember, but I always understood that cartoons were made by people.

Cartoons are just a giant puppet show performed by actors in latex costumes
>pic related: is the real spongebob

Part of me thoughtbthey werent at times, but i was too afraid of the magicless world id live in if they didnt. Thank goodness bigfoot, aliens, and count cocofang are real though.

I always knew, but for some dumb reason I thought the reason new episodes came out on Fridays was because it took a week to make an episode.

Why did so many people know cartoons werent real from the start? Was i just overtly naive?

I always knew but I remember going through a long stage of depression when I was like 9 or 10 when I was dealing with the fact that I'd never be a DigiDestined.

I drew pictures of my fan digimon and told myself something like if it didn't become real when I left the room then came back, then I won't try to be a DigiDestined anymore.

There was lots of crying.

I was even looking up how to get a DigiPort on my computer.

It's almost as if cartoons have been referencing it since their conception.

Why is there a plump harambe with a hat on his board?

Nah, I always knew cartoons weren't real.
But this reminds me that one time, despite many years of not believing in Santa Claus that I decided to believe him and I cried during Christmas and felt foolish to believe in fairy tales.

Did you watch Mr. Rogers as a kid? He was really insistent about teaching kids the difference between reality and fiction. Pretty sure that's where I learned that cartoons didn't exist as early as age 4.

>He was really insistent about teaching kids the difference between reality and fiction
Geez, what a cunt. Let kids have soem imagination why dont ya? Also, whyd he have puppets and talking trains and shit if he didnt want to encourage belief in fiction?

I don't ever remember thinking cartoons were real. But I just recently figured out a life dedicated to something doesn't mean you'll succeed at it.

From what I remember he had episodes where he outright took the time to show how the trolley worked, who the actors playing in the Land of Make Believe were, he was a ruthless killer of the fourth wall

And what is that supposed to mean?

Pretty early like preschool. When I was real little I thought cartoons were people in costumes and puppets like Telletubbies. Once I figured out people in costumes couldnt act out all the crazy stuff in cartoons like Charizard from Pokemon I pieced it together and learned what animation was.

I still thought people "invented" color until about the first grade though.

It means I've given up, user.

Nigga, you're talking to people on Cred Forums. We've all given up at this point.

I always knew cartoons weren't real.
However on a semi-related note, I used to think that cartoons were made with real actors, then their movements were translated through computers to 2D.

Because of the Willy Wonka scene where Mike Teevee is shrunk down by the camera broadcasting him, I assumed that all cartoon characters had to be monsteously large to fit on my relatively large TV screen. I don't know how long I kept that idea going.

I didn't know there were children so retarded as to believe cartoons were real.

When I was 4 I didn't have any concept of death though, if that counts.

I never thought cartoons were real, but did you guys know that chocolate milk comes from brown cows?

This.

Also never believed in Santa Claus.
Or the tooth fairy
Or the easter bunny

Christ, I must have been a boring child..

It's harder for a child to conceptualize a dense series of rapidly presented images creating the illusion of motion than to simply assume there are colorful flat creatures somewhere in the world, possibly living inside the TV itself. Kids come up with some wacky ideas. It's charming.

Alot of kids belived in cartoons. You really didnt know that?

This was like me, i knew cartoons werent real, but something about the way digimon made a kind of logical sense (in that the digimon were just computer-made) always drove kid me to hope that ai could just be programmed to be digimon
It got to the point i asked my dad to make me a real digimon since he was good with computers and no one else was doing it and he had to explain to me that computer programs and ai were a long way off from that.

It's okay, user. My parents told me all of those things werent real when I was 5 or 6

Stop pulling my leg OP

You know cartoons are real

No, the idea itself seems strange

Because both real things and real information is on TV even in programs that may be fictional I suspect younger children probably confuse the difference between reality and fiction when they see something like Arthur where everyone acts like people despite being a cartoon or Zaboomafoo which is live action and has both fictional elements and lots of factually correct information. They have to basically learn what isnt real which happens to everyone in someway be it Santa Claus or finding out it doesnt matter if someone jinxed you on the playground.

man, my eyes are open and my meds are clean, you can't trick me OP, they have to be real, the opposite is too cruel to consider

I remember asking my mom and dad if I could go to Jurassic Park someday,ah the memories of being 5

Off the top of my head I never remember thinking they were real.
The muppets are fucking real though.