Death of Hawkman #1 Lettered Preview

>Two of Gardner Fox’s greatest creations are about to team up…possibly for the last time!

>This week, writer Marc Andreyko and Aaron Lopresti are joining forces for a new event miniseries that may be the end for its title character: The Death of Hawkman. But the heroic alter ego of Katar Hol isn’t the only one in trouble. He’s joined by his ally, Adam Strange on a nightmarish version of Rann that could lead to an interstellar war on a staggering scale. Unfortunately for our heroes, they’re short on both time and allies.

>In CraveOnline’s exclusive preview for The Death of Hawkman # 1, Hawkman may want to rethink the whole shirtless body armor thing as Strange begins to recount how he got into this mess.

Variant

FIN

I hope they'll have archaeological team-up one day.

Ooh, this is coming out this week? Hope my LCS has a copy when I go tomorrow as I forgot to pop this on my pull

Sounds like Lemire's version got retcobed. Good.

Redpill me on Lemire's version and why is it hated? It's because his gf is half human, half alien?

Well, yeah. She was Adam's black sassy student.

The narration is fucking high school-tier this looks bad.

Yes, yes. I remember now. And Alanna was revealed to be alien in last issue, before Parker took over. I think.
And I was wrong, Alanna and Adam are married.

Can someone explain why this is a thing? Adam Strange and Hawkman are literally who's to casuals (meaning their deaths won't interest anyone), and the people that DO know about them would be pissed off by this. DC spent years not doing anything with them, to the point that HawkGIRL is the one casuals know about, and they expect this to sell?

Maybe I'm just being cynical, but when was the last time a "Death of X" book was quality enough to be worth selling for crap?

It's not some huge company wide crossover, it's a mini.

i bet Hawkman doesnt really die, he'll probably meet the same fate as Tim. Also he is Hawkamn, his whole THING is being rencarnated

>caring what people who don't buy comics think
Not this Hawkman, though.

So they can introduce the all new female black hawkman

Even though nobody actually dies in comics, a comic named "Death of _______ " has never meant actual death, or a standard death story.

what? why NOT this Hawkman?

Space alien prince, not dead Egyptian prince.

Thats not true, in JLA they revealed that was just a cover.

Also he has been a space alien before, its just one of his reincarnations.

ALSO in Convergence it showed all of his past versions and acknowledged his reincarnating.
Stop being a retard.

What a mess. You know, DC could easily sort out this "Hawkman is confusing" shit easily, no?

Carter Hall, Egyptian prince that was exposed to some shit and he reincarnates. Clasic shirtless design and mace wielding. His wife is Kendra.

Katar Holl, natural police on Thanagar, uses guns and has the Hawkworld uniform. His partner is Shayera.

Two different characters, Katar is never referred to as "Hawkman" and does his own thing on "Hawofowlrd" and Carter stars in "Hawkman" and has mostly earth adventures.

>all new female black hawkman

It's like you anti-sjws dont even read what you type

All of that is irrelevant to Prime Earth Hawkman.
Well, they mixed up it, really.
>Thanagarian prince Katar Hol
>name he uses when he pretends to be human is Carter Hall
>his gf is Shayera
I kinda hoped that main version will be space alien and Earth 2 will have reincarnated versions. Oh well.

what the fuck are you talking about, where is your source that this isnt the same reincarnated space alien from before?

Hawkman is bland enough as is, without his reincarnation schtick he'd have nothing for most writers, it's not even that confusing, as far as comic books go.

"Hawkman is a mess" is just a dumb meme, his origins aren't as dense as Donna Troy's. and you don't really have to know a whole lot, unlike literally every X-Man member, people just like to run down every single event that's happened as fast as possible to make it confusing, but if you do that even guys like Lex Luthor with his clone body or Brainiac with his inconsistent body and identity are worse.

>Well, they mixed up it, really.
I know, and I think that's kind of stupid.

>JLA, which featured prime earth Hawkamn, specifically said the space alien thing was just a cover
>but isn't relevant to Prime Earth Hawkman

okay you idiot

>without his reincarnation schtick
That's only for Hawkworld. have you read Hawkworld? You should, it's really good.

And being less confusing than Donna Troy doesn't mean much. I know he's not as confusing as people make him out, but he still has that convoluted backstory that's just rarely developed enough.

I'll read it only because its the only Hawkman comic we have had in years

>All of this Hawkman bullshit

Someone please post the pic

>possibly for the last time!
>may be the end for its title character
Lol

Still im hype

there's nothing wrong with Donna Troy

Thank you

Death of Wolverine sold a shitload and Logan still isn't back

I mean comparing Wolverine to Hawkman is silly, but still

Go home Roy

I Actually liked this, too bad its about the death of based Hawk

That's hawk man's thing, he literally dies all the time

How so? He's still wearing the same suit.

Anyway if they did it would be expected since the classic versions of these characters is what always worked.

Who cares about casuals anyway?