Puerto Rico Statehood

>But in many ways, Puerto Rico has now moved closer to statehood than ever before. Last November, the island held its fourth-ever plebiscite, a nonbinding referendum on the island's political status. For the first time, a majority of Puerto Rican voters opted in favor of becoming a state.

From what I'm reading most of the population currently want's statehood because it would encourage businesses from the US to set up shop. The issue being that the government in power wants a type of special snowflake status that the US has outright said it would never agree to.
governing.com/topics/politics/gov-does-puerto-rico-really-want-to-be-51st-state.html

So what's up? Who can update me on the current status of Puerto Rico?

Other urls found in this thread:

nation.foxnews.com/russia/2012/08/14/russian-attack-submarine-sailed-gulf-mexico-undetected-weeks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It has always been shit, but now even worse with the PDP running the island and getting people on welfare. The taxes are also super high. Many doctors and scientists have actually left the shit hole to get better opportunities in the states. The best thing for the island to do is to become a state but that's a problem since it will just be another blue state for the democrats.

We're a shithole, don't mind us.

I lived next to a Puerto Rican family for a few months. Great people, could not be more friendly, and always cooking delicious food but I have to ask...what is the deal with your music? Every song has the same reggaeton beat. Wouldn't it be okay to switch it up once in awhile??

What the fuck is Puerto Rico? How did it become part of USA and at the same time it didn't?

It was a territory from way back. Like Guam, Virgin Islands, and samoa.

Puerto Rico doesn't want to become a state largely because there is no corporate tax and no income tax there. Yes, they would start getting more funds and aid but the rich people there don't want to ruin their golden ticket.

RARE
A
R
E

And we don't want them to be a state as it is a shithole filled with shitty people who love government all up in their lives and a government that is nothing but a financial drain. PR has no benefit for us as a state, they should be an independent nation.

That seems to correlate with why the politicians aren't cooperating with the desires of the public. Are the citizens apathetic or are there any real movements for statehood. I personally don't care as I live in Texas and hold on the delusional mindset that we will be leaving the union any day now.

Have some animu

The only reason keeping Puerto Rico afloat right now is the USD with the help of the Federal Government. The little that gets produced and shipped out gets taxed to hell, and there's way too many people on welfare. Our government is full of thieves that have no interest to help anyone but themselves. Everyone here is a goddamn leftist just as this user said .
Jesus Christ, just put us out of our goddamn misery.

Puerto Rican in the US here.

Yeah

It's in a good location for a military base in the Caribbean desu~

PR needs to pay off its debts first, we aint taking on their bullshit.

Is it safe?

Pic probably related to your situation

I hate to say it, but you're completely right. These idiots love big government. All they want is to keep sucking on the lovely welfare tit until it dies. PR becoming independent would be a very nice wakeup call for all of those leeches.
Completely apathetic, everyone knows what's going on, but no one ever riles up to combat them. Then again, the majority is poor people on welfare that rely on the government.

The size of the population, and the crime rate is absolutely ridiculous. No way in hell it is safe. It is so bad here that there's a decline in the younger generation because they're fucking killing each other.

fuck puerto rico

and puerto ricans even harder

they don't want/can't learn english

It's as if muricans can't stop themselves from black dick.

>PR
>black

shit, you're probably blacker than them

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Mexico does in fact have lots of black Mexicans. It's just not a meme. yet.

Puerto Ricans would build a wall too if they had to deal with you people.

I'm with you kek, fuck Puerto Rico, and Puertoricans even harder
This too, for some reason it was allowed that Spanish remained as the primary language, and treat English as a secondary. Which is why only 30% of the people here can speak the language.

>having problem with spanish speaking people not assimilating
>have problem with debt
>decide to make a territory with lots of debt and hispanic or latino who gives a fuck people a state

lel

Mexico has 450,000 niggers and most are new inmigrants from the Caribe and central America, don't fucking try to lecture me on niggers in my country, i haven't seen one in over 8 years and i have a black friend that is really cute and her family came from Puerto rico.

>implying niggers can build anything but mudhuts

Not an argument

Hablas mucha mierda, pero ya mismo viene Trump a acaba con ustedes. Espero qué disfrutes el poco tiempo que tienes.

Utedes los neglos son uno come mielda

>Puerto ricans emigrate to Mexico

Sure thing pal.

Send more hookers congolombiano.

Construye el muro

>Utedes los neglos son uno come mielda
Que bueno que una gran porción de los negros se están mudando a México, espero que los disfrutes amigo.
Unfortunately, there was a time that it was a thing.

Listen Miguel, I know English isn't your first language and it probably took you a while to finish reading my sentence and a half... But that doesn't make it a lecture.

It's less than 30% friendo.

Oye, ¿Nunca te has encontrado con alguien de esta isla que este a favor de Donald Trump?

Fuck off trashone, go get suicided by cops.

>don't try and lecture me about my country

You do it to us all the time you stupid spic faggot.

>I haven't seen a black in over 8 years
>my cute friend is black

Wut

Hahaha Mexican intellectuals...

> "Algunos de mis mejores amigos son niggers."

Speak the language of the Constitution or you'll be returned to Spain, or worse.

Why? If you guys were (are) the vacation spa of USA besides Hawaii.
Why emigrate to a shithole far worse than your own shithole if you can just go to USA??

Si. Pero he hablado con pendejos que se creen las cosas que ven en facebook sobre como "Trump nos quitara la ciudadania". Amigos y familia dicen que estan a favor de las cosas que dice sobre los musulmanes pero que 'overall' prefieren a Clinton.

Simplemente no es socialmente aceptable apoyar abiertamente a Trump. Pero si he encontrado a personas.

Fuck Puerto Rico. Bunch of ugly Mexicans, those spics aren't American.

I haven't seen her for over 8 years since i moved from Mexico city and not stepping in that shithole to see a black chick.

We return people to the ocean if we really don't like them.

This, Spanish rape babies. ¡ Viva Puerto Rico !

Actually, if they don't have a passport/proof of citizenship in another country, we can deport people wherever we want to. Guy without ID sneaking over the Canadian border? Sounds like someone just won a surprise trip to Turkmenistan.

Shut the fuck up. You have a lot of niggers in your country. They infest even the places you dirty, stinky spics won't.

Your infrastructure is crumbling, you guys can't do anything on your own, your people are dumb as fuck

There's literally NOTHING good about your country. You fags pollute and your 'manufacturing' towns are a joke.

When I said there was a time, I meant Pre US colony era.
A mi se me a hecho sumamente difícil encontrar gente que apoyen a Trump. Sera por que no estoy en las redes sociales tenga este problemas. Pero en el trabajo, la universidad, y la gente que tengo conversación están en contra.

Quiero añadir que aunque no estén apoyando a Trump, muchos no apoyan a Hillary por que saben que hay algo malicioso en su persona.

This Trashican is saltier than cheap tortilla chips. user is just buttfrustrated she doesn't live in a First World nation.

Oh, and BUILD WALL. Lazy fuck. At least Puerto Ricans are hard, competent workers with actual, quantifiable Spanish ancestry.

Ricans are sssoooo lazy and love to steal shit. Pieces of shit, do not trust. All they want is an easier way to be less lazy and take our aid

I was under the impression that most puerto ricans spoke English. There is a fair amount of them around where i live in ohio for some reason

>no corporate tax
False
>no income tax
Only if your job isn't federal.

It's because they have a system bias towards skin color. The more tative in you the more fucked you are. Castille blood still rules

That was for Miguelita, not you, fellow American.

No.. No they dont. Maybe the kids but even the parents that have been here for 40 years cant. Shameful

Because there are a lot of superpowers posing a threat to the US in the Caribbean. Also, we have Florida.

You need some english to get by in the states. The poster saying it's 30% probably meant the actual country of PR.

Most of them do.

Dumb fucking nigger, learn to quote someone before you shitpost.

I understood user

I wish we would just cut Puerto Rico loose for good. We shouldn't keep holding their fucking hand.

Puerto Rican here

Puerto Rico will never become a state until it has something to offer aside from tourism

which is probably never, too many puerto ricans are no better than niggers with their lazy gibs medat mentality

>tfw no puerto rican cultural cleansing movement ala Pinochet

nation.foxnews.com/russia/2012/08/14/russian-attack-submarine-sailed-gulf-mexico-undetected-weeks

Cuba wasn't a superpower and it made us collectively shit our pants.

We have bigger issues with retarded foreign investments.

*russia

Are you talking about the private investments in Puerto Rico? Because they can deal with that shit on their own.

You are definitely one salty tortilla chip, Miguelita.

How do you get Internet access in your little village? Do the cartels provide free Wi-Fi to you in return for sexual services, puta? That's great - I can appreciate how hard you have it being a Mestiza in a White Man's world.

No, I meant giving countries like Isreal billions of taxpayer dollars for... existing?

He does it for free.

There is too much opposition

hugh mongous kek

Oh, yeah. Let's cut it all.

>Be Diaspora living in Montana
>Family out east in nuts
>Living /comfy/ life with guns, white women, gorgeous landscapes
>Only 5% mestizo
>Will blend into the local gene pool

Why dont islander cucks neck themselves?

This desu.

If anything, they want to push the whole statehood matter because of all the braindead fluoride zombie sheeple here that would vote Hillary, giving her a massive landslide in votes.

This so fucking much of this.

>PR Independent
>leaving the niggers here to their own devices
Sure, if you want Africa 2.0.
If people here were actually competent, then it would be a viable option but this is place is Detroit in island form.

That's the point, nobody said otherwise.

I think they might be worse but then better. Africa is in a perpetual state of fucked because people have grown dependent on supplies from western countries.

We are the same here.

Same? You mean as a small homogeneous country?

bump

PR is almost wholly dependent on gibsmedats from the US gov't. I think something like 80% of the island's population is on welfare. The unemployment rate hovers around 50%. What few American companies amd employers that were left (most were there for tax breaks) got scared off once the PR gov't jacked up their taxea to cover their own incompetent handing of the island's finances. The truth is, if we cut them off and let the Ricans wing it it would look like Ethiopia on a tropical island in 3 years time.

NO STATEHOOD FOR PREDOMINATELY SPANISH-SPEAKING PUERTO RICO

SPANISH-SPEAKING PUERTO RICO WILL SINGLE HANDILY END THE ENGLISH-FIRST MOVEMENT

SPANISH-SPEAKING PUERTO RICO WILL GIVE LEGITIMACY TO THE MEXICAN-AMERICANS TO DEMAND SPANISH-SPEAKING SERVICES FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND BUSINESS

SPANISH-SPEAKING PUERTO RICO WILL BE THE END OF ENGLISH-SPEAKING UNITED STATES BY THE EARLY TWENTY-SECOND CENTURY

>For the first time, a majority of Puerto Rican voters opted in favor of becoming a state.

This is false. Puerto Rico voted to become a state back in 2012.

That's the referendum that article is talking about. OP's a dumbass and linked an article from 2013.

With that said, polls here are showing lots of support for statehood. One poll from a major newspaper put statehood at 65%. And the pro-statehood candidate for governor is leading every poll, especially now that his rival candidate's party is embroiled in a corruption investigation.

Both leading candidates have promised a status referendum for 2017 should they win. If things keep going as they are now, statehood may very well happen.

>65% of the island on welfare
>Island only receives 45% of State welfare benefits
>More than double federal money to an island that is bankrupt

NOPE

>SPANISH-SPEAKING PUERTO RICO WILL GIVE LEGITIMACY TO THE MEXICAN-AMERICANS TO DEMAND SPANISH-SPEAKING SERVICES FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND BUSINESS
That's going to happen anyway, given that you seem incapable of stopping the flow of Central and South Americans into the mainland. And they're out-breeding you.

Even if Trump built that wall, they'd still find ways in.