Enviromentally unaware faggots of the world. What's your plan when all the oil reserves are dried out...

Enviromentally unaware faggots of the world. What's your plan when all the oil reserves are dried out? What you gonna do? Scream?

We need a strong and reliable green conversion and that's qucik!

t. Pentti Linkola

By the time that actually happens fusion will probably finally be a thing. Considering how we have at least a century of oil reserves, you know.

Cool story bro

>What's your plan when all the oil reserves are dried out
oil bubbles up from the core of our planet, its not going anywhere, ever
>muh durrr its old dinosaurs

Go back to horse and carriage

Holy shit, you are so smart and precious. Is this what they thaught you in 'murrca schools?

>Peak Oil is for real this time guys srsly

Do you fall for the christfags who announce the antichrist every year too OP?

>all the oil reserves are dried out

Never going to happen.

Learn how peak oil works.

>oil reserves are dried out

All I know is that oil isn't a renewable resource. Do you really think the reserves can sustain the world even if we pump it 24/7?

>oil bubbles up from the core

hokay

Not only this, but in the hundreds of years it would take to drain the physical earth of its oil, we would have already developed technology to drill in deeper areas of the ocean.
There is so much fucking petroleum that is untouched in the deep sea, liberals can't even comprehend it.

Also, asteroid mining has been talked about for the past 40 years.
Private corporations such as SpaceX have been making astronomical advancements in space propulsion. Just 1 year ago, humanity landed a probe on an asteroid. Give them 60 years.

I don't see any reason to stop drilling.

Coastal cities are fucked anyway if the average temperature increase with 2 degrees celcius.

Huh?

Warmer = nicer beach weather.

Inland cities are going to suck the most.

We dont need anything quick. There is more usable oil and gas in the ground right now then ever before. Every year we get better at using it and therefore what we can use grows.

I still would like green tech because being off the grid would make me hard. Being independent would make me happy.

We do not need the government or a bunch of useless douche liberals telling anyone what to do.

Hadn't considered it before, but the Malthusians are pretty directly in the tradition of the apocalyptic millenialists of past times. Well-spotted.

Because as we use more oil, oil is harder to get. The price with go up because it will be almost impossible to get allot of the oil. There are many much easier power sources to get, but they're more expensive short term, so people go with the easier option

And taxing carbon emissions would help, how?
I'm not suggesting we use oil forever.
But right now, it's a staple in most societies. Wind farms are a meme.
Nuclear energy is not.

>Being this stupid

The water level will increase and flood the cities with alot of water, sharks and mudslimes.

Its getting warmer no matter what. Scientists cant even figure out the small part we play in it.

dykes retard

>Nuclear energy is not.

Im worried about nuclear. The god damn fucks cant stop blowing up trains im not sure I feel good about nuclear.

If it wasnt run by retards it would be great.

Also Id like carbon tax because its a problem that there is no economic force on that end of it.

Not understanding simple economics. There will never be a "last barrel of oil"

Find a way around it, we've never failed to do it before

Citation definitely needed

You neighbourhood is gonna be packed with dykes when that happens yes.

>Nuclear energy is not.

How come all the nuclear plants in my area have financial problems?

We will literally never run out of oil. It will just get more and more expensive to extract to the point where we finally switch to something else.

>all the oil reserves are dried out
by the time that happens, avg earth temp would be +15C
so nvm lol

Petroleum is subsidized. Creates unfair competition between energy companies. Nuclear farms get shunned by our government. That's why I like Trump's energy plan.

>Wind farms are a meme.
>Nuclear energy is not.
what?
nuclear energy is the biggest meme ever

Exactly.

At least someone understands peak oil.

>Petroleum is subsidized.

Not in the Netherlands.

> what is fracking
> why is oil cheaper than in 2008
> peak oil is a cartel made myth to jack up prices, 101 economics
> tokamaks and fusion will be here at commercial scale within 25-40 years

Goddamn newfags. Do your research before you spout utter bollocks.

The earth has for billions of years gotten warmer and cooler when whatever. It is right now in a warming period nested without a larger cooling period historically. Its going to keep getting warmer possible for our entire lives even if tomorrow on nothing was burned and every livestock was wiped out. Maybe itll get cooled in 200 years who the fuck knows.

What plant is that? Is it a hosta seedling?

My country is drilling for oil in 40+ different Middle Eastern and African countries.
Getting that shit overseas means government loopholes. That's why very few communities here are not moving towards renewable energies.

Everyone here falls for the oil meme, refusing to believe that we could ever find a superior power source. They don't understand that oil dependency is artificial.

It may not get more expensive for a long time though. Fracking is a thing and will become safer and cheaper or more efficient as the kind of oil we buy from the Saudis becomes more expensive.

Ok, you greenies are retarded, but too retarded to not understand this usually.

The issue that is the oil crisis is that our world economy depends on cheap and fast oil. Sure you can develop or solar or some other retarded shit, but that isnt going to deliver food to supermarkets. Tye problem isnt that oil is running out, its that as you lift oil from deeper and deeper depths its requires more energy to take it out then you are actually getting out at that point. Thats why new mining methods are developed, why we build new pressure pumps and shit. There is no legitimate risk that we will run out oil in our lifetime, there is a risk that we will no longer be able to afford oil, which will kill the world's many economy.

Because your government probably doesn't give them great funding, doesn't use molten salt and more

>oil is carbon
>carbon bubbles up
>gets encased in rock and is subjected to fuckloads of pressure
>turns into oil/coal/diamonds

Because everything else is more expensive until we figure out how to do it better which we do not do while oil is still working.

I'm going to burn Swedes to keep myself warm and use your bodyfat for lighting my house.

>Liquid fluoride thorium reactor perfected
>Use the mass amount of power to make hydrogen fuel cells

Don't worry, there is enough oil reserves for lobbyist oil jews to keep nuclear down with retarded myths while pushing the meme that shit tier energy sources such as solar and wind are remotely viable

Bullshit fabrication.

There have been like what, three completely different hydrolic engines developed at universities that get their patents bought?

It's like brexit, shit would get a little crazy at first and then balance itself out.

I'm going to powerkick your pussy so hard that my toe tickle your duodenal before that happens.

>diamonds are hydrocarbons

>duodenal

No
Diamonds are metal

there's already been invented an algae that prodcues oil that cal be used as biodiesel
it just isn't commercially profitable when oil price is still so low.

No they are minerals

No they are the hardest metal.

MINERALS MARIE

Pretty diamonds right now with all this arguing going on t b h

What else to expect from a FUCKING LEAF

They are non-metallic mineral, but they are a 10 on Moh.

We're going to switch over to renewable energy before oil reserves fail. And when that happens, I will be laughing my ass off as every single middle eastern country completely collapses into war.

when oil runs out how are you going to make your goofy wind turbines? How are you going to repair them? how are you going to get them into place? how are you going to store the energy?

>nuclear energy is the biggest meme ever
???
nuclear energy is the safest, most profitable, the least manpower-requiring, the least rare-chamical/ore requiring, the least processing.requiring form of energy production we got with our current technology, if you count out dams, that cant just be built anywhere, and often ruin the environment around them.

Yes, because war in the middle east have brought the west great enrichment in the past and the present.

ok sorry i'm kinda drunk so there's lots of typos

>8 posts by this idea

What are you so passionate about Sweden, you're getting into it with about everyone. Are you an anti oil guy?

Using what? Sticks?
Without oil those countries won't even be able to afford guns

>Cred Forums hates boomers for passing economic problems to future generations
>has no problem with oil consumption trends and likes to pretend india and china don't exist

I dont like when the US foreign min make deals with dictatorships so USA can buy cheap oil and make wars.

Well I don't like Sweden

I like your country less than I like Sweden. And I hate Sweden.

> The Earth is gonna get hotter anyway!!

Dude, the Earth goes through those changes over millions of years. Not a fucking couple generations.

If you honestly believe that, just wow.

do you guys realize scientists are not saying the earth is getting warmer right? They are saying it's getting warmer quicker than ever before. And the reason might be of human origin. So please fuck off

Buy a coat, probably.

Exactly, thank you France. Peste Noir rocks.

These people stopped at general Ed biology if they even went to college, doesn't stop them from talking about this like they understand it.

Exactly. Oil has been 'running out' since it was first discovered. If it was running out how come it's cheap? The world is awash in oil and will be for the foreseeable future. Each year the technology if extraction improves by between 1 and about 5% hence why the reserves increase. It used to be a well would loose pressure with around 60% left in the well. That's from memory. That is no longer the case with newer extraction techniques.
It's a great scare story we are running out but we aren't.
Also there is politics around the words 'proven reserves' ..billions of barrels are excluded..Obama did that. That's politics not reality. Also what is not worth getting today will be in the future. There is easily a century or more of oil, multiples of centuries of gas and hundreds of years of coal. You can turn pretty much anything into gas, coal,wood..check out gassification or a word gasifier.
Also economics teaches us something worth remembering

Economics is the study of the use of scarce resources which have alternative uses.

Eventually we will find something better and we will move. Oil price increases will make something else more worthwhile. There is no need to panic.

Finally look around your room...pretty much everything you have is oil based in some form. It is hugely important and not just about cars and buses. Oil has huge uses and is cheap and it will be for a long long time.

It makes sense to use something else if you can but this farce that the well are going to dry up tomorrow. If you believe that..you need to crack open a book on the subject and stop being a reddit faggot. Of course go all liberal and shout if it makes you happy..it nice to see a liberal..live on their emotional outbursts and be wrong..again

>They are saying it's getting warmer quicker than ever before
"scientists"
correlation doesn't equal causation, and it's literally everything any enviromental "scientist" has to back up their claims

Bien dit.

People just seem to ignore this..

What do you think the causation is, then?

Reminder: correlation does not equal causation

>We need a strong and reliable green conversion and that's qucik!

Nigga we had that in the 70s here. 98% Hydro power. So much extra that we could convert all our cars and trucks to electric with no issues.

every simulation regarding greenhouse gasses to global warming has been proven to be faulty
and every study claiming that human-made global warming relies on the increase of greenhouse gases correlating the global warming, when there's literally 0 proof on it. even every fucking simulation they run doesn't turn our like they want them to.

Doesn't really sound like a lot of independent reasoning/thinking going on in this post. Sad!

You are correct. I remembering reading something about the US having enough oil in the ground to run us for centuries....

Nuclear.

we have oil glut

why do you think the crude oil price dropped from $110/bbl to hovering around $39-$52/bbl? heard of the shale revolution?

peak oil is discredited bullshit just like almost every other environmentalist apocalypse fearmongering, we have enough oil for the rest of the century and we'll probably keep finding more and more

Also check out abiotic oil. It sounds like some drug fuelled fantasy but it is increasingly getting more support. The story that oil is from dead Dino's doesn't hold true since they are finding oil at depths that don't match the historical record. Also most oil companies have great difficulties finding it, as in, it not always where it should be and that is kinds proving a hole in the Dino theory (again from memory). It was 2 Russian scientists in the 60's who seemed to have revived the theory that the earth produces it (could be from early comets to a byproduct of microbes (I kid u not).

Sounds crazy until you read about it and then you realise the knowledge of where oil comes from is ropey. The Dino oil is a theory. I also seem to recall some wells that were capped when reopened had increased pressure, that implies the wells were refilling..although slowly.
Again sounds right out of a scifi novel...

how much oil do you think there'll be on asteroids, burger chan?

and you're saying the oil lords/jews aren't already in control of this?

furthermore we have vast coal reserves