Why do americans complain about high tuition fees and after graduation can't get a job?

Why do americans complain about high tuition fees and after graduation can't get a job?
No one is forcing them to go to college
Why not just go to a trade school? Or are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0NwEFVUb-u0
efukt.com/21677_African_Sex_Rituals.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulfberht_swords
youtube.com/watch?v=rYaZ57Bn4pQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because they're the most vocal and you read their bullshittery

Tons of people go to trade schools. Hell I spent half my senior year in Highschool learning to weld.

You just don't hear about them because they're not swimming with debt and they have decent jobs.

Trades are red pilled

it's a mike rowe kind of thread

This is true

Trade schools lack the "college experience" that the media glamorizes. Literally every high school kid has seen a movie about how sweet college is, so everyone wants in on the fun

Same. Had a program where for half a day every day we would get bussed to a trade school junior and sr year. Got a 2 year trade education before hs was finished. Degree cucks are just in debt. They arent smarter and they arent better.

Because liberals don't respect blue collar hard working Americans. Not everyone wants to go to college, college isn't for all people. Some folks take pride in a hard days work, and enjoy getting a little dirty.

Someone who was college educated did this

>Why do americans complain about high tuition fees and after graduation can't get a job?
Because tuition is high and H1Bs are legitimately sucking up high paying jobs from us
>No one is forcing them to go to college
Erm it's 2016 shitlord
>Why not just go to a trade school?
I'm not a retarded Republican/redneck Trump supporter
Or are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?
Um undocumented immigrants do that for us you racist!!!!!

>this is legitimately what a millennial would say to me if I said OPs post irl

because they've been indoctrinated

>Degree in communication studies

Well... he seem to did good.

youtube.com/watch?v=0NwEFVUb-u0
>tfw you actually have a job that people need
>one day you will charge what you want because no one else has an actual skill besides test taking

College degrees are required for almost everything these days. Because they're more common now, far more businesses expect them than did in the recent past.

Also college is portrayed in the media as a really important and fun time that every young person should experience. That alone encourages a lot of people to go there even if they don't need to.

Cuz they're trained in youth that College is worth it. I went to a private Christian school so i wasnt fed liberal dogma for all 6 years, i graduated by getting a D+.

I literally make 90k a year with a job i got through a temp agency 2 years ago.

>inb4 the faggot comes out and says lel 90k? I make 300k with my math degree

Very real answer: mommas special snowflake is the smartest baby in the universe and should go to the best school and make lots of monies

But we are being all but forced. The necessity of college is an unquestionable, frequently reinforced dogma, and individuals who challenge it are demonized.

because man wants more from life than milk and bread

Not being disrespetful, but atleast here, 90% of people who go to trade schools high schools, instead of gymnasiums, are brain dead stupid.

what do you do user?

dude you live in croatia

>liberals convince youth that you can't do anything in your life without a degree
>record numbers of students believe this and attend college
>price of college goes up
>labor market becomes completely filled with inexperienced graduates, driving down wages
>graduates become frustrated with the debt and lack of jobs that pay anything
>democrats get votes by promising higher minimum "livable" wage and free college

It was all part of the plan

>tfw 60k to fix computers and deal with various network/voip issues

who /UNDERWORKED & OVERPAYED/ here

> are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?

It depends where. In liberal cities where blue collar professions tends to be looked down upon the most, good luck finding a white contractor. They even have programs to "help" minority owned businesses. Mid-western red states aren't as cucked.

You know whats fucked up is Capatilism was formed to keep the lazy poor and the working class well off. These cocksuckers exploited it and now only the rich are well off. Greed is the biggest glutton to the World. These rich cocksuckers ask for donations to help the poor. Why dont they donate if they cared? Bunch of liberal cuntbags. If liberalism died the Free World could flourish again, but people are too fucking selfish and stupid.

>tfw 100k to sit in a firehouse and sleep all day
>tfw everyone gives me free shit and thanks me
>tfw i go to a fire maybe every 3 months

college is a racket, take the civil service test and never look back

I'm working at oil refinery 4800€/month

>went to scottish college (Strathclyde-Glasgow)
>got scholarship, paid nothing
>make 120k a year to hand prescriptions to people
Pharmacy is best degree.

>are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?
Yes. Having a blue collared job is a joke by today's standards. It's not like it was 50 years ago. The standards are higher. Just try keeping a job like McDonald's and work in California. You'll be homeless. Maybe not for some states like Alabama, etc, but it's still mocked.

College is a waste. Even Einstein said he didnt learn anything until he started using the creativity of his own mind. Trade schools are much better for people looking to earn. Ocho cinco said to each his own.

>McDonald's
That's not blue collar

>convinced anyone can become anything in Elementary School
>No explanation on how through the rest of school
>no consultation for college and no word about competition and jobs in the field in highschool
>learn it only when you either fuck up in college or post degree when you get no jobs
>Be told by everyone that you're too good to do manual labor or trade jobs

>get 90's in highschool and then low 80's in college feeling like you should party and other assorted things because lol college

New Yorker here. This is about everything. All my friends ended up having to drop their dreams due to halfassed college grades and become cops or even better go to trade school.

I'm in biochem because autism.

There aren't any hiring for long term jobs. Apprenticeships are starting to ask for degrees and people are working longer. There are more 1099 pipefitters and pump control contractors than site cleaners at my J E Dunn site, and the foreman love that the handful of union guys from our shop are retiring to become independent foremen over contracted people bidding jobs under minimum wage. You just encourage parallel markets when you fuck around with anythings value.

I thought it was any working class? What would mcdonalds be then?

Are you one of the stations that has to respond to bullshit like drunk hobos, stuck cats and "Omg is that a bear?!? in a TREE?!? CALL SOMEONE!!" ?

McJob, shit-tier, greasy collar

That's basically anyone who isn't BIG CITY NEW YORK or DETROIT JOBTOWN gets nowadays. Only like 300k paid firemen in the US, the fires are going away

I dont want to build up infrastructure we are just gonna give away to brown skin people to destroy.

Guess I'm either hateful or realistic.

Working class, sure.

I think blue collar is usually labor or factory jobs. Fast food and retail are service jobs. Nit-picking, I know

the only way to feasibly retire is to enter a STEM field

Spicy

Thank you.

The system is set up to exploit retarded 18-year-old kids and saddle them with unpayable debt.

The sane youngster would do two years of community college and two years of state school, graduating debt free, but they're given bales of money to feed into prestige-o-mats and they just can't help it.

If the government would stop "helping" them, the whole scheme would collapse but this is just how it is.

I went to technical school, got a relatively inexpensive 2 year degree in veterinary technology. Don't make much money, but I absolutely love what I do. There are many, many more people like me

Of course if you get a fucking expensive useless degree and are swimming in debt unable to get a job, you'll be more vocal about it.

>going to college
>not doing independent study and taking your professions qualification tests
>not having some form of entrepreneurship while working
>internships, apprenticeships
>not investing in a workers union to extort young dumb kids and illegals

If you weren't born with a silverspoon you need to be smart and destroy your moral compass, adapt or die.

Blue collar can often be much more profitable and lead to white collar work anyway.

My friend's father was your bog standard electrical engineer. He started off base level for BT. Then got shifted up and up and now he's basically in charge of an entire department of engineers and making mad fucking bank.

>Or are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?
Yes

I drive trucks, love my job and make more money than most of my college educated friends.

Clinton supporter btw

If they go to trade schools they miss out on the mandatory African studies courses that all americans love and cherish.

wots that? efukt.com/21677_African_Sex_Rituals.html
This?

Also it seems like everyone is expected/pressured to go to college these days, otherwise you're a loser. Even absolute fucking idiots get in.

Fuck that, I took Chicano (wall-jumper) studies

>be one of five white people in the class full of beaners
>take first test
>next day
>professor gave us a long-ass speech about paying attention and studying because everybody did so poorly
>he gives us our tests back
>I got OVER 100% due to the way the professor decided to curve the scoring
>talked to the other white people: same thing

Mexicans are fucking dumb

Goddamn Finnish people look so funny.

:DDDDD

The short answer is that they are retards and were pressures to go to college by their parents.

I haven't listened to rush, in a while. But I remember vividly when I was still a liberal considering voring for Obama back in 08 when he read some story about some gal who got a fucking PHD in medieval history complaining that she couldn't get a job after graduation. She was talking about all this debt she had ,and how basically someone else should pay for it.

That wasn't what turned me, but it certainly got me wondering about how stupid these creatures actually are, and what all they want us to pay for

>overpayed

>Or are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?

Wew lad, no future unless you are in a union.

>blue collared job ... like McDonald's
jobs at McDonald's are service jobs
therefore "pink collar", pleb

I always think my blue collar job is the shit until i get sent to some tech company to destroy their sensitive documents and i see these beta fags driving sweet cars and barely working all day

Good job user.

>Blue collar work

No

It's pretty funny how middle class liberals say they're great helpers of the poor and needy yet they look down upon them and are extremely far removed from their struggles.

i'm in a trade school, i'm working on welding. blue collar /is/ looked down upon, and i live in south carolina. not sure who i'm voting for, i see some of yall talking about it. maybe trump for the fun that will be had

Surely there must be a decent amount of university students who aren't crushed by debt and actually have a job.

I reckon I could pay off my interest free student loan by the end of next year and I'm graduating in December. That'd be on a $48k NZD entry level graduate job too

college grads enter a field with a given # of openings

take it-security. x number of grads, slightly unfulfilled, massive influx of degree holding applicants but only a certain % of which have any real world experience. most ate the bate, expecting to make out like lil wayne.

employers hire the ones with promise, gpa means nothing and the paper just states that you understand key words and basic application. so, of the x number of grads, x-70% is the amount that get an immediate relevant job and x-30% bitch that they got fooled by the system.

when they finally land a job, they'll find that their manager doesn't have a degree. it's a system that pays itself with meme's. don't act surprised, fuck them.

experience is massively more valuable than a 4-yr. you are a product, and the unrefined fill is uniformly discarded.

if you're in college and reading this, start hunting for leads and experience. your classmates compete for your positions and the ones that stand out answer questions in the interview correctly. if you don't get your hands in the dirt, you WILL answer uncorrectly. the minimal effort is exactly what a degree buys you.

for the trades, you don't need that information. you already know what the fuck i'm on about

I would love to learn a trade, but I don't know of any in my area. My shitty janitor job doesn't pay enough for me to save up for a piece of shit car either... just enough to pay my bills.

Around the early 2000's i noticed high school teachers telling students don't worry about anything other than going to college. Kids are indoctrinated into going to college. Its the only way you can compete with illegals.

I'm a medic and I kind of hate my job. What trade should I pick?

>going to have to start working without kratom soon
it was literally the perfect work drug but the DEA just couldn't allow it fuck

And what are these trade schools useful for? They are useful only in the industry. I doubt you can make good money by repairing something in peoples homes

>I doubt you can make good money by repairing something in peoples homes

Because, instead of being reasonable like what you just spoke about, they've been told that they "can do anything they dream of," that "everybody deserves an education," that "everybody can go to college," that they can't get a job without college, and that college iz like le greatest thing evar!!11!1!!!

All of that has been bashed into their heads ever since they were 5 or 6 or whenever the hell they started kindergarten. And the only Americans complaining about not being able to find a job after graduating in the current world are people who picked some shit study like political science or gender studies or psychology or something else that you could gain proficiency in online over the course of a few weeks.

In all honesty, most men that I've met that along with the tradesmen in my family are pretty bottom of the barrel in terms of intelligence. Also, I can't help but feel as though people that go to trade school seem quite adamant on slandering University students and graduates - yet they're also quick to claim they're not just people that couldn't do anything outside of easily taught physical labour.

>Psychology

Damn this gets to me. Is it really that big of a meme?
I'm planning to go for a masters to get the qualifications needed to practice as a therapist.

Because there's a required amount of education in it, I can't just do shitty online courses. This looks like the only path.
Is psychology really that bad of an option?

all is saturated alrdy with firms

>that couldn't do anything outside of easily taught physical labour

i understand that you went to college for hobbit hole design, and that's great user, but tradesman made this world and degrees just indicate that you're ready to begin. i mean, i'll debate it if you want to
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulfberht_swords

I make 70k in Indianapolis. Are you NYC making 100k or just overtime money?

Non STEM higher education is literally a communist ploy. Liberal arts courses are only useful for giving STEMs a break from useful shit.

Psychology is a shit tier unless you get to graduate or PhD level.

a master level plumber will charge you whatever he wants when there's no competition in your neighborhood

consider that trades built the first world. your father, your father's father and on. their sweat and savvy, knowledge and experience were enough to fuck your mother and mother's mother, praying that his child will know enough to be the guy drawing floor plans, who shows up twice a month to drink coffee and shoot shit with the foreman. i strongly believe in trades, and america needs to wake up to the deficit that college meme's created for two generations. you are worth more than a paper that discerns your ability to mark a b c or d. america is a nation built by trades, all nations and immigrants with a desire to fuck your mother and give you a good life.

I go to take my written test tomorrow morning for IFD. I have a Bachelor's in Engineering.

Wish me luck anons.

To follow up on , how long after the written test was your CPAT?

I went to Julliard which, though is a music degree, is one of the few music degrees where you can get a high paying job. I ended up dropping out because I wouls have been $200,000 in debt. I worked at restaurants ( high end restaurants ) for a few years as a line cook and made enough to get by, but not a cent more. I'm an EMT now, making even less but will soon be a paramedic. They make more, but it could definitely be more fair wages. Luckily that seems to be coming in the future.

The reason Americans complain about getting an education is because it is necessary to make a living wage. You literally cannot live on minimum wage in this country in ANY states unless you also accept government help. An education has become absolutely necessary, and yet often too expensive, and that's why it's such a prominent discussion in American discourse.

>one of the few music degrees where you can get a high paying job
laffing

>le trades meme

I worked a trade job for 2 years

You work a lot harder for the same amount of money. You can easily work 60-80 hour weeks doing straining work in all kinds of shit weather for the exact same pay as a software developer sitting in a cushy office browsing the internet.

Not only that but work is up and down. Some times you will have plenty of work, other times not.

I'm both. I enjoyed college but I loved roofing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=rYaZ57Bn4pQ

ok deskfriend

I honetsly don't remember maybe like a week or so? I did it as soon as I could to get it out of the way. It's easy, seriously if you're in good shape you have nothing to worry about.

Fact of the matter is both are fucked.

Computer related gigs and STEM in general is a short term gain - it can be done ANYWHERE. Why do you think Zuckerberg wants a satellite over Africa? Why do you think Obama is shilling programming to young children now? Companies want cheap labor.

But blue collar work only pays well if you want to work 80 hours a week, even then you will still make less than a doctor and about on par with a CVS pharmacist who has a cushy job. My brother is an actuary and he works 35 hours per week for 100k a year.

Tech and engineering related employers want to turn engineering into blue collar, they don't want to pay for it, they want it for cheap.

Everyone is fucked all the way around. It's not just one or the other. Things are getting worse for everyone. But having done trades, I'd rather not work 80-100 hours a week anymore. Id rather work 40 hours a week and make slightly less or the same.

sure. let's imagine an america with cheap competitive bullshit china tier goods manufactured by assembly lines and robotic assemblies, that hire 6 technicians and a few managers. this is where it's going to be in 20 years when the cost/product becomes MORE sensible than hiring a 12 year old in southeast asia. and it scares people... but trades will remain relevant. when you can't flush your toilet or replace your roof. this thread, for me, is more about the future on it's way, like poor old jaharta in india. his relevance is temporary

Would it be worth getting an associate's or electrician's certificate?

Most of the jobs it looks like that isn't required and you instead need an apprenticeship to start working. Would getting an associate's trade degree or certificate be worth it in this case or would it not improve prospects? Could I graduate and not find a job in my desired trade? Would I be better off applying to the local IBEW right now with just high school?

>Why do americans complain about high tuition fees and after graduation can't get a job?
Non STEMS do.

>No one is forcing them to go to college
Actually just about every parent I know wants their children to go to college.

>Why not just go to a trade school? Or are blue collar workers something to looked down upon there?
That requires you to do actual work not just sit inside a cubicle or office and type on a PC.

I'm not dumping money into a 4-year school, but I've got a paid programming internship with a local software development company through my community college, and with my associate's in a year I'll be able to go on full-time and have them pay for me to take night classes for my bachelor's degree. And the government gave me a Pell Grant to pay for my community college tuition. Shit's cash.

Define "good" shape? My old job I used to move furniture, did that for 2 years, the last 5 months I've had a desk job.

Any tips for the oral interview?

>My brother is an actuary and he works 35 hours per week for 100k a year.

It's fucking hard to break into the actuary meme

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to make money in the future is to be able to provide a service to people in your immediate geographical location. As you said, manufacturing is being outsourced. STEM is as well. But you cant outsource something that people need in their local communities - a doctor is a good example of this. Or a small business owner.

>tried to do the blue collar meme
>as a chef

Fuck me that was a stupid idea.

>Fuck me that was a stupid idea.

How so ? Aren't supposed to learn the trade and open your own place after a few years ?

I can't raise a 3+ kid family in a nice house when going in the Trades

Or even if I could, I'm not going to beat my body up until retirement age .

Registered Nurse it is