Teens who Smoke Cannabis Daily 'Seven Times More Likely to Commit Suicide'

outcomesReuters
Teenagers who start smoking cannabis daily before the age of 17 are seven times more likely to commit suicide, a study has found.
Why advertise with us
According to the paper, published in the Lancet Psychiatry journal, youths who smoke marijuana on a daily basis are also 60% less likely to finish high school.
Researchers led by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at the University of New South Wales analysed results of three large, long-running studies from Australia and New Zealand involving nearly 3,800 people.
They examined the connections between the frequency of cannabis use before age 17 - ranging from never to daily - and seven developmental outcomes assessed up to age 30, including frequency of suicide attempts, high-school completion and attainment of university degree by age 25.

ibtimes.co.uk/teens-who-smoke-cannabis-daily-seven-times-more-likely-commit-suicide-1464983

The goat knows what's up.

Looks like it's seppuku at 25 for me.

I'm going to uni and I smoke 4 bowls a day at least.

>depressed people more likely to take drugs
wow

>seven times as more likely means 7 times as much!
liberal statistics

Lots of things teens should not partake in daily. Including the internet

WTF I HATE SUICIDE NOW!

That goat talked about hillary's health to the rest of the herd

Teens who drive are more likely to die

>contemplate suicide daily but not tumblr 14 year old girl style

At least now I know why

>smoke daily

Then they're misusing it. Weed is not something for every day.

>man who takes paracetamol every hour dies

It's actually quite the opposite. Marijuana triggers the dopamine which keeps you happy and prolonged usage leads to it wearing out hence depression followed by suicide.

You start with being happy and end up depressed.

these never get old

This seems more like a confirmation bias.
Depressed poorfags are more likely to turn to drugs than suddenly struggle against the system to find happiness at the top of 30 years of hard work.

More depressed people use weed because they fall for the meme it cures depression instead of being mostly placebo. The weed itself doesn't cause the depression.

There's literally no point in redpilling the useful idiots about weed. They are degenerates. They abuse drugs and think they are cool.

Let them do what they want and get them killed. Snort a line. Do cocaine. It is good for you. It is better than weed!

>Having to ruin your life with drugs and end up depressed to contemplate suicide every day
Fucking low minded plebs.

its more the sudden contrast from happyness to normalcy that can be interpreted as depression, but in reality you're just used to feeling high and being sober is of lesser joy

honestly tho, who here is not gonna commit suicide some day? can you really imagine dying any other way? the way i see at it, all of life's roads lead to killing yourself. hopefully later than sooner of course

Is that goat gonna be ok?

Why don't we just go full Duterte and stop them from being a drain on society for several years before killing themselves?

Smoking weed definitely has a huge influence on peoples mental health, anyone who says otherwise is falling for the DUDE WEED meme.

Weed is far too fucking potent and people use vaporizers to extract 100% of the THC out of it cleanly. That plus zero moderation is going to cause some serious mental health problems. Being stoned out of your gord too much is going to fuck with you.

I spent alot of time on a psychward dealing with a stress related illness. Tons of kids there for psychosis from weed.

Of couse you bring this up and all the dude weed bros go BUT THEY HAD UNDERLYING MENTAL ILLNESSES. Ya no shit, and you usually won't figure that until 2-3 years into your dude weed phase when you start wanting to murder people that you think are reading your mind and influencing your thoughts.

Shit fucks with you. Its not redpill. Its a plant for niggers and degenerates

t. British Columbian leaf who smoked a fuckload of weed from 17-23

this. can confirm.

Smoking weed is a good way to get railroaded into the prison industrial system as a teenager.

Ruin lives with your nanny state, no surprise people would get out the only way they can.

People who stay home are 11 million times more likely to not get involved in a plane crash than people who travel by plane.

Then why do I know so many people who smoke it as often as they can afford to?

You probably know a lot of weak-willed people who smoke too much. What's your point?

That's what what my dad believed, that if he never got on a plane he could never get into a plane accident. Was pretty successful too, got a job at a the world trade center

We should reinstate prohibition.

Btw I'm a recovering alcoholic

made my day!!!! :-)

EPIC

SIMPLY EPIC

Yeah black markets and organised crime made the prohibition and the war on drugs huge successes, right?

I don't think prohibition was any worse than the war on drugs. Degenerates are gonna do degenerate things, we should either let some shit slide, or not, we shouldn't be straddling the fence saying one isn't is worse than the other.

Fact of the matter is, some people can use substances responsibly, most cannot.

Media does way too much brainwashing via using drugs as plot devices. You never see the effect of using any drug for multiple years. Even benign weed has effects on your life.

We dont have enough successful people talking about how they were fucking losers until they maned up, sitting on the couch jerking off every day smoking weed and then drinking all weekend.

Discipline is not cool, abstaining from drugs is not cool.

How the fuck do you fight back against niggers on the media talking about degeneracy with hot chicks in their video?

Anyone who shits on drugs is a fucking square.

Prohibition doesn't really work and just provides a underground market which fucks up the economy even further.

We need some sort of campaign that shows stars and successful people at their lowest lows due to substances but as soon as we do that we see them as weak willed degenerates.

Correlation is not causation.

what is causality OP?

Why is he pointing a gun at that dogs head?

What about an investigation into the dangers of underage alcohol consumption, which I would imagine have more damaging consequences.

Consuming ANYTHING in excess will damage your health and have negative consequences so what is their real point?

Same story here as well. Can confirm.

>stoner in denial

>Snort a line. Do cocaine. It is good for you.

Well at least it's actually fun. Weed is a shit tier drug...I'd much rather be sober.

People who can't control themselves want to ban shit for other people. Your life is shit and that's why you hit the bottle every night. Your life is still shit and you'll likely go back to it.

The drugs not the problem pal.

>correlation implies causation
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that many degenerates with no talents or ambitions become depressed and spend their days smoking weed instead of just offing themselves.

>yfw he was right all along