Why is nationalism good?

Why is nationalism good?

Hint: It's not.

It destroys symbiotic relationship between different cultures.

Its second best nigger ideology after communism

It's like right-wing communism. "Free" markets and collectivism.

it isn't. nationalism is a code word for killing jews.

Because fuck your country and all the faggots in it.

(I actually like Switzerland, but that's the concept)

It preserves the identity of nations. It encourages kinship between citizens. A people who feel rooted to their past, connected to their neighbor, and pride in their country cannot be subverted. It is a simple fact that people with common heritage and strong sense of community are more inclined to stick together.

If you are not a nationalist you are working against your own best interests.

Nationalism is the ideology that has killed more white people than any other. See: Americans mass-genociding white people in Europe during the world wars.

3 sjw in the same thread? sage

Your understanding of history is poor.
Political parties being swayed and owned by (((bankers))) is what led to world powers butting heads with certain nations in WWI and WWII.
Nationalism did not cause those wars.

Nationalism centralizes power. Centralized power is necessary to genocide people.

Your opinions are shit and your (((memes))) are pathetic.

So not only is your understanding of history poor, but you're just a leftist retard.
Its no wonder. Your nation was doomed the very first time you fell to the Muslims.

Right answer right here. People hear nationalism and think that all nationalists just hate other nations for no reason. You can still have good relations with other nations, but ultimately you put your own home and people first, which isn't inherently a bad thing. Nationalism doesn't mean today what it ment during WWI and WWII.

There is literally nothing wrong with genociding (((people))).

It's not a universal good, but it can be an effective way to conserve an efficient and productive society.

For example, a country like Somalia has no place for nationalism, since there is no success to conserve. Any random person who walks in there is probably going to be a net benefit to the overall system. A country like Britain or Germany, however, is greatly affected by the presence of random outsiders who can (and have) distrupted the functionality of their higher-level societies. In general, people from similarly functional countries do not create as much of a disturbance as third-worlders.

Nationalism promotes social cohesion, which is necessary for a healthy society. It can be realized through several means, predominantly through either investing the nation's wealth in the enrichment of the nation's people, or making war with neighboring states. Both accomplish the same goal - unity and purpose.

European nations basically default to the latter, which ends in coalition building and eventual defeat. The U.S. has weak neighbors, allowing it the option of the former.

Unfortunately, Jews, thus globalism.

Oh yes dude I'm a leftist and every other shameless excuse you need to justify your delusions.
Yeah, Northerners are such cold and heartless """people"""". That's why I'm so glad their countries are being overrun by Muslims and their own governments are genociding them.

With nationalism I don't mean isolationism or anything like that. I mean:
>advocacy of political independence for a particular country
>patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts

What are the pro arguments to this? I hear the cons all the time but I want to learn more about the pro arguments. And I feel like the replies ITT haven't helped me so far.

Why are you getting mad about an Indonesian cartoon image forum

>coming back to a thread an hour and a half later to clarify
>cross coward still doesn't understand nationalism
big surprise

This

Every patriotic person in a society is someone willing to sacrifice something of himself for that society. Every person who cares for the well-being of his nation above others is someone who is willing to put himself and his resources to make that society better whenever the call is made to do so. I won't pretend the people making this call always have the best intentions or even the most well thought out plans but there is an undeniable advantage to a society that practices in-group preferences and has tight-knit social orders.

>implying I have the time to spend my entire day on Cred Forums
>implying I don't understand nationalism and didn't make this thread to listen to what OTHER people think about it
fuck off murishart

>symbiotic relationship between different cultures
let's play spot the kike, Cred Forums

holy shit man open your pies for once
it really is awful that the Cred Forums hivemind personality is SO POWERFUL that weaker personalities succumb to Cred Forums & their personality, who they are, gets overwritten
their brain is a hard drive & it was formatted, then Cred Forums plus linux was installed, or as i've recently taking to calling it, shitware
its like you downgraded
tjhe Cred Forums OS has like 4 functions
your personality, who you are, is gone forever, its like you died basically
now you're a husk filled with Cred Forums, you read information, compare it to a long list, then give the appropriate Cred Forums response
like a little human parrot

>failing to address the point raised concerning the inherent cowardly nature of the swisshit as a barrier to fully conceptualizing the merits of nationalism
0/10 will not respond again

no open borders, endless tides of niggers, or dead-weight kikes

and all the homosex and fashy uniforms you could ever want

Because a nation gives you identity, the way community and family does.
A mans first duty is to his family, then to the community that sustains the family, and then to the nation that sustains the community.
The larger a nation is, the further the communities grow apart. And the nation becomes unable to act as one without a great deal of authoritarianism, eventually turning the people against each other and the state, reducing living quality for all except the most powerful.

Globalism is the belief that the only thing in common between men is money. It can seem practical if you believe that, but the communities and families will suffer. And then all of society will suffer.

Nations should strive to be independent, and form alliances instead of federalizing themselves into the grave. It's like deciding that only the senate gets to vote, and then calling it a democracy. You can't expect everyone to want the same thing, you can't expect one government to represent everyone.

If you're not a ethno-nationalist by now, you will be by the time you get the bill for multiculturalism.

Oy vey good goyim.

its not, but its the necessary gateway to traditionalism.