Greetings from Imperial Russia

Old Imperial Russia was personification of the empires of the old, being truly great european nation and having european culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PVtLtjZsMRY
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Среднеазиатские_владения_Российской_империи
youtube.com/watch?v=pBx-tr1FDvY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Veles
youtube.com/watch?v=511Lt3Kg0aI
youtube.com/watch?v=DWlATfXMmtI
youtube.com/watch?v=yeyDfVjq6sw
youtube.com/watch?v=sjTGxj_72Y8
youtube.com/watch?v=xgR3lBHi7s4
youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
youtube.com/watch?v=AxlytWahi7M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are there any good books or documentaries about Russia's conquest of Central Asia?

Not so many in English unfortunately.

Maybe, this could be of help for you
youtube.com/watch?v=PVtLtjZsMRY

Article in Russian with overview of the Central Asia holdings of Russian Empire (maybe google translate can help)
ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Среднеазиатские_владения_Российской_империи

As I know in UK there could be info on the "Big Game" between British and Russian Empires.

>Tfw half Ruskie
>Want to learn about Russia's culture
>Have no idea where to start

Praise Rurik

too bad all it took was one serb shooting a AH archduke to kill it

Empire was based. It's a tragedy that bolsheviks had to fuck everything up.

What about your Russian parent?

>>Tfw half Ruskie
lolno
The amount of Russians in America is non-existent

99% of so called "Russkies" in Murica are kikes pretending to be Russians (and it actually works, since terms like (((Russian))) mafia exist)

>non-existent
Not true exactly. There are a few Russian immigrants. But yes a majority of them are jews.

So... What are you, sneaky cockholes, up to again?

>That flag
Bit of Stockholm syndrome there matey? I kid, nice pictures btw.

Grandma and grandpa are dead, dad is completely Americanized and has no care for being Russian. Disgusting desu.

My other half is Peruvian. But all I've learned from my grandmother was some recipes and bits and pieces of being Russian.

Grandparents immigrated here after the war. Christians.

If I follow your logic. It is possible to say that this serb has single-handedly taken out German, Austro-Hungarian, Osman and Russian Empires).

Ah, the mythical founder of the Rus. The picture is for you.

Culture, you want. I can tell you about boring classical culture, hopefully it will interesting enough.

The soundtrack could be this beatiful peace of music.
youtube.com/watch?v=pBx-tr1FDvY

You can also check Tchaikovsky, Musorgsky, Borodin, Scriabin.

As fro literature, you can start with Tchekhov satirical short stories. Definately the main thing is to read the Brother Karamazov - the greatest book of Dostoevsky.

As for the painters you can check Bilibin, Briullov, Fedotov, Ge, Korovin, Kustodiev, Repin, Serov, Vereschagin.

Spasibo.

What of Rus mythology? I can't find too much on it, do you have any suggestions?

>Grandparents immigrated here after the war. Christians.

Nice try mudbreed, as if Russians could just pack up and emigrate to America from Soviet Union, especially after WWII.

I just love how dumb American fucks call everyone from Russia - Russians, when in reality 95% of people coming from Russia to America are either churkas or jews.

Thanks. People have different views as anywhere else. My ancestors were among the settlers who were colonizing the area after the russo-turkish wars.

There were few white russians, such as Nabokov or Zworykin or Sikorsky

Don't be a provocateur. There were some white russian emigrants, including also Rachmaninioff.

Yeah. Sadly after sovok it all gone to dirt and we do belong to them as much as current greeks and egyptians belong to ancient inhabitants of their lands. Try to visit Russian Museum in SPb, it really has this sence of old time and reminds you that russia had many talented people at some point of its existence.

Thank you

As for the mythology thing can not recomend anything, as nowadays there are few non-controvercial things about it (different political groups are trying to use in their favor).

Simple introduction are fairy-tales and actually Witcher game series and books. Don't laugh Polish people are slavic people and Witcher series are heavilyt influenced by slavic folklore. In particularl, drowners, witches....

In case of neo pagan staff you can checken.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Veles

My family emigrated away from Soviet Union. grand-grand-dad was officer of Imperial army and monarchist. Now I am combination of russian mother and dad is half ingrian/finnish. I got dual citizenship now. Spending much time in Russia visiting family members that didnt leave during civil war or that went back there at various points.

Bozhe Tsarya Khrani

>officer of Imperial army and monarchist

Middle Ages looked at the remnants of the Roman Empire and eventually started reneicance. There is always hope, until the things you see will inspire you.

Your pathetic Russian empire struggled to conquer small Dagestan for over 50 years.

Still could not prevent example killing of russian civilians in vyborg. My grand-grand-dads sister was one of those who were killed by finns there. They gathered Russian civilians and some soldiers who had been disarmer ages ago them to this cellar like things there and threw grenade there. Reason being that lulz they are bolsheviks. Even when they were actually Russians against communism.

youtube.com/watch?v=511Lt3Kg0aI

youtube.com/watch?v=DWlATfXMmtI

youtube.com/watch?v=yeyDfVjq6sw

youtube.com/watch?v=sjTGxj_72Y8

youtube.com/watch?v=xgR3lBHi7s4

Old Russian folk/imperial era music is my jam.

Thanks.

I would add some classical music as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

youtube.com/watch?v=AxlytWahi7M

zelniye glaza slava ukraina spocholnoye nacht pachka sigaret

hows my Russian my Siberian acquaintance

>hows my Russian
Pretty painful, tbqhwyf.
What is "spocholnoye" supposed to be?