Fed Thread

Why does everybody here hate the Federal Reserve? The USA has gone through the largest increase in wealth in world history since its inception.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HbvCxMfcKv4
youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FUCK OFF ROTHSCHILD!! EVERY THING IS YOUR FAULT!!!!

REEEEEEE

well. who got the windfall, i.e. all that money?

he's right though.

It's run by jews, which is an instant red flag. Also it isn't controlled by the government, which is another.

FUCK OFF GED DIPLOMA HOLDER. IT ISN'T RUN BY THE GOV BECAUSE THE GOV WOULD USE IT TO SUBSIDIZE YOUR SNAPs SHIT.

REEEE

since when does Cred Forums trust the government to run something effectively?

same reason I hate hillary.

I'm sure under hillary we will continue to bomb brown people (looking at you syria / iran) to take their stuff, and that's good for america. But morally I find it unacceptable.

The US federal reserve has a legal mandate they must uphold and that legal mandate cannot be interfered with the government. It's estabishing stability in currency and maximum employment. The fed is just having difficulty now because fucking americans (and us canadians too, because we be stupid n shieet) seem to love to buy cheap chinese shit with credit.

GAS THE FED, BANK WAR NOW

they fucking put us into debt that we owe to them, the fed is private and not goverment owned, fucking idiots

>t. failed AP economics

I'm still waiting for someone to refute any of the claims made by Zeitgeist 2. its been 8 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=HbvCxMfcKv4

>t. smart leaf

>create money out of thin air
>charge interest on it

>negative interest rates

Nigger, you must be new here.

The Fed issues our currency. When the US wants to build a road, they get the money by essentially asking The Fed for a loan. Like any loan, it comes with interest.

>But user, if The Fed issues all the US currency at interest how can you ever pay it back?

You can never pay it back. Hence the US is ultimately controlled by The Federal Reserve.

Bow to your true masters, goy.

zeitgeist doesnt really provide anything to be affirmed or refuted, its just like his opinion, man

Largest increase for the 1% and Wall street.

Middle class has been bled to almost nothing.

That's right OP. Median incomes have steadily increased under a policy of zero interest rates.

It makes you wonder why governments didn't do this in the 20th century, because if they'd just recognised the magical asset buying powers they always had, we'd all have private islands made of gold by now.

Not true wealth if it's inflation you dumb faggot

On the day of the rope we are coming for Federal Reserve apologists as well

B B B But my fellow citizen w w who gave you this crazy idea.
The federal reserve is doing a great job thats all you need to know.
Ignorance is strength, my dear goy eww friend.

Welcome to Cred Forums you rothchild scum.

>The USA has gone through the largest increase in wealth in world history since its inception.
Amazing what happens when you just make more money out of thin air

Debt is not wealth faggot.

but it did happen, so what exactly is the problem?

Average growth rate shrank and the number of years in recession increased since it was established.

>increase in wealth
You mean currency inflation? Yes the federal reserve makes this possible. And it is exactly the same as taxation, but you idiot Keynesians can't do math.

The fed didn't make us rich, the world wars did

Give me control of a Nation's money supply and I care not who makes its laws.

The problem with the Fed is that it is A) unconstitutional and B) shit at making policy most of the time because it's leader is an appointee of the POTUS ffs.

>created the great depression
>caused the runaway inflation in the 60s
>was in large part responsible for the financial bubble, and Bernanke/Yellen are pursuing disastrous neo-keynesian policy

A gold standard, where banks are allowed to create their own legal tender, would be much better; another great option would to simply have a set target inflation of ~2%/year.

No, the world wars didn't make us rich either. The FREE MARKET made us rich.

and who funded those wars?

this will explain it all

youtube.com/watch?v=UrJGlXEs8nI

The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 for the purpose of preventing and managing financial crises. The creation of the federal reserve did not make meaningful change to long term economic growth. Even worse, it has failed repeatedly to prevent or manage crises effectively. This could be considered a neutral result economically, but the neutral economic result comes at the cost of liberty.

The Federal Reserve is liberty surrendered for nothing in return.

>legal mandate cannot be interfered with the government
Government created the Federal Reserve and government has changed the rules governing the Federal Reserve numerous times. Government can always change the law.