Anyone else just fucking depressed about school/academia?

Anyone else just fucking depressed about school/academia?

I swear to god, I'm so scared about writing a paper about a dissenting view because then I'll be a target. I feel so despondent when I watch myself writing essays that go against my beliefs. It's so soul crushing to feel like I'll be ousted and have my life and future career prospects ruined if I were to write a thesis paper on why we shouldn't allow immigrants or something. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon? How do you cope?

Can anyone else relate?

yes

the future is bleak but i am under so many layers of irony im not sure if it matters

>tfw childhood dream was to become an academic
>tfw I will never be accepted into the academy because of my political views

Don't worry Desu, my girlfriend is in the same position. She's finishing a masters in poli-sci, but she comes from Czech and is very conservative. This makes for a great deal of tension between her classmates. I've even helped edit a few of her papers (which I thought were very well written) and she's received poorer marks because she didn't follow the "Refugees welcome" narrative.

Keep you head down and don't reveal your power just yet ...

>TFW you study business and you can back up your claims with statistics.

>get into graduate school medicine
>compared to first degree this one feels like im in the vatican
>ask what some dudes got up to on the weekend
>church/family/friends

The higher i went in academia the less i found athiests and the like, it was strange. Maybe something about medical students actually knowing what a baby is and what an abortion actually involves makes them less happy about it?

Maybe what ive experienced doesnt ring true in america but my medical degree was full of down to earth rational people who made fun of the same silly university sjw shit we do here.

I do a STEM degree so we don't mix politics or ethics into our work.
We build stuff even if it could possible be abused.

Hvor studerer du desu?

>had to write an argumentative paper about any subject for like 10 page
>no nothing to write about because I'm a dumbass who spends time on Cred Forums all day
>decide to write a paper about Cred Forums and the (((alt-right)))
>basically make it sound like a CNN piece
>ace it
>mfw
>mfw no face

Literally every class somehow pertains to slavery or the evils of the 19th century. I wonder why every subject at every level of academia is infested with this pestilential filth we are taught. I can only imagine and fear for the younger, more impressionable kids. College has become a nightmare for me. I fail to see how this won't continue in to a prospective career. I have to fear about my opinions at an institution of learning, then it's safe to make the inference that I'm going to have to fear about my opinions leaking out in to a job setting. It's a never ending cycle. I want off this ride

Siger jeg helst ikke.

:^) Go with the flow booger bear.

This is exactly what I mean. If you have to fake every fucking paper we write, are we actually cultivating critical thinking skills? Or are we just doomed to pay for shiny envelops that aren't worth their weight? I digress here; everytime I see the ((BERG)) or ((STEIN)) or ((MAN)) i just want to run and hide. Are we in some Matrix-esque world?

Fucked up and went into film. Good school good program, but inevitably bluepilled as fuck. One of the professors goes by "they" pronouns and every class we have to talk about how the native Americans are gods and the white man is the devil. Found maybe 5 redpilled bros, but in a field in which our work so often is influenced by our beliefs, I'm not sure how long I've got before they fail me for having a different opinion.

>hate degeneracy
>hate liberalism
>hate feminism
>embrace asceticism

I've chosen to be completely alone.

Academia is easy compared to real life when you start trying to find a career/job.

I tried writing a dissenting view few times. As expected professor Shekelberg was displeased.

Best just to spout the soviet propaganda they teach you and move on. Almost nothing you do in college means anything in the long run.

Should have learned a trade.

>free school
>satisfying work, can be a workout at times as well
>handy skills for outside the workplace
>man in uniform
>good pay
>fields are hurting for workers
>no "work after work", once your shift is done you're free
>don't have to worry about looking pristine every single fucking day, or fashion

also
>banter around with the lads about whatever the fuck you please

Is it really that ok to just be complacent like that? What about the more impressionable people that might think in a dissenting way before they went in, and then have all of this poison beaten in to their brains through repetition and then gradually they begin to believe the shit thats fed to them? If you look at it like that, that's how we've run in to this problem in the first place. Idleness; idle hands are a devils playground.

I'm in a poly sci class at a shitty community college in a shitty town in a shitty state. My "professor" is a young Mexican American man who on the first day claimed he works as a lobbyist down at the capital of my state. Truth be told, he doesn't. Aside from that he's a swarmy liberal cuck, who supports Hillary and hates Trump. He also hates Russia and Putin. He also believes alternative media is a joke and Politico can do no harm. Suffice to say I hate that class.

Yeah, no.

>Mexicans have a monopoly on labor jobs
>You'll be the token white guy
>Can't speak Spanish so you're completely alone
>They bring their 3rd world ways and defile the workplace
>Send all the money they make out of circulation in our economy, back to theirs
>Do half-assed jobs and are generally lazy

You may change a few peoples opinions (I got some britbong exchange student to love farage) but in your typical lefty university you're fighting against the tide. Best just to get your degree and move on into the job world where you can have more of an impact. Your never going to give Professor Shlomo a road to Damascus moment.

>i don't know what the fuck a skilled trade is: the post

>A fucking leaf never having been to California the post

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

It's obvious you don't know what a skilled trade is. I don't know what menial jobs you're talking about but skilled trades cannot be done by uneducated mexicans.

If you're referring to construction and shit, yeah, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. That isn't a trade.

News flash asshole. Construction, electricians, pipe fitters, drywall hanging, hvac, you name it they've fucking infiltrated every facet of manual labor here. Unions here sometimes don't even bother printing fliers in English anymore, and they let in the spics because if they don't then they'd have to fucking compete with them. So yes, fuckface, you are completely underestimating other peoples greed. Especially when you're in some ivory tower completely out of touch with reality in the United States, let alone the fucking Bay Area, California.

Masters of Trade, Biz, Econ. I spend my time trying to explain how what is in the lecture is not the only succesful theory or model and true understanding will come from comparisons to non globalist theory. Blank looks, no words, no response.

>liberal arts

trash yourself

You're a man. Bottle up your true self and let it out where it can't hurt you and nobody will remember you. I wrote a pro-slavery paper then told the TA I was just writing in a southener's mindset. Wrote an entire essay on why the Port-Arthur massacre was a psy op and made the best arguments I could while constantly reminding my professor that they weren't my beliefs. Meanwhile I don't wear my MAGA hat on campus because I know that i'm surrounded with liberals.

OP don't put your views into your school work.

School is bullshit, you're not going to convince the teacher to change their ways. They are just going to mark you down.

Just bear it and write what they want to hear.

Maybe you should stop being a useless sack of shit and learn something useful?

This, stop being a bitch OP

Oh and also every group assignment ranges from 30-40% of your mark.

Some students have no grasp of English.

Most Indians and Sri Lankans work all day, lie, never show up, never update or reply to requests. I say most but come to think of it, it has been all.
They never do anything till the very last minute and they bank I'm going to do the work. I'm almost finished the Masters and 95% of these guys could not tell you anything they have learnt.

Asians are a mixed bag, about 80% are switched on. They always have their friends assignments from the last semester to copy from.

I set 1 group up in a presentation, they had done nothing in 12 weeks. I didn't show to the class, said I had to Skype in because of 'issues'. I sat with the mic on mute, buzzing myself in and out acting as though there was a problem. The group spent 15 minutes frantically trying to get me online. Eventually the professor asked them to continue with out me. Hearing them garble completely irrelevant buzzwords to try and pull it together was so satisfying.

You just fucking DO IT. Write the paper with the dissenting opinion and make A+ quality.

Source: I did that and I literally scared the professors so fucking bad. I got As too. It's awesome because if you back your thesis up they can't say you're wrong so it scares the shit out of them.

>How do you cope?
By not participating.

That you're having internal conflict means you're absolutely unsuited for advancement and you'll fuck it up sooner or later, no matter what you "resolve" to do.

You need to understand that you're participating in a process that weeds out people who can't be trusted to betray themselves on command.

Just get out now rather than later and spare yourself.

Despite all their presentation, that path is not the end all be all of life.

I already graduated, but I'm going to pursue grad school. I doubt you're even over 20. You really get burned out after 6+ years of (((College))) and having to be fake.

Nice one shitfuck. What the fuck exactly constitutes "useful"?

>I set 1 group up in a presentation, they had done nothing in 12 weeks. I didn't show to the class, said I had to Skype in because of 'issues'. I sat with the mic on mute, buzzing myself in and out acting as though there was a problem. The group spent 15 minutes frantically trying to get me online. Eventually the professor asked them to continue with out me. Hearing them garble completely irrelevant buzzwords to try and pull it together was so satisfying.
Thank you for this. I don't think I'll ever really be able to get my head around the indian/chinese student's acceptance of taking credentials while completely incompetent.

>tfw in business school
>2 out of 3 lecturers I have this block are hopelessly bluepilled, pro-refugee and pro-Shillary

Why women should never be let into academia.

Group work is such a sham. I never understood it. You pay all this copious amounts of money in tuition, just to be dependent upon Pajeet or some other shithead for your grade.

MEMBER WHEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES DIDN'T GO ROGUE AND BOMB A RUSSIA-BACKED SYRIAN ARMY TO PROTECT A FUCKING INSANE DEATH CULT

I'm 34. I did one year of a grad program (law) and walked away. If it's eating you up, it will eventually take the last bite. Take the hint you're giving yourself.

I wish all I had to do was write papers. Any jackass can write.

Differential equations is kicking my ass.

It's not just in academics. Its crept in to every facet of society. Universities are just the icing on the cake. Don't you get what I'm saying? So when you suggest "quit", are you suggesting I just exit society? Because that is the grander picture here. I'm complaining about academia when in reality its fucking everywhere.

What said.
You'll change a few minds here and there, maybe a redpill or 2 but the vast majority swallow the propaganda and don't turn back.
The best time to drop truthbombs is during presentations where graphics are a must; you could for instance drop some statistics in there to back up your statement and people shouldn't be allowed to interfere until the end of the presentations when they can ask questions.
If they do so anyway, interrupt them when it's their turn and try to get them to think about something irrelevant to their presentation and triggerable so that they'll completely forget about the content they're presenting and instead get triggered in front of class.
It's been the easiest and funniest way to get people to shut up and/or be shamed.

I don't get why everyone is so afraid of using the system and their own belief's against them.

Write your paper, if they target you then you make it an issue of academic integrity. No matter how many marxist you have for teachers they cannot just simply bash you because you hold an opposing viewpoint.

Document everything, take it through the proper channels, if you don't get satisfaction you have a lawsuit for discrimination sitting in your lap.

If people actually made them play by the rules then we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's time schools start losing money for allowing teachers to act like cultist. As soon as that starts happening those teachers are gonna start shutting up.

tfw when I didn't become a machinist...

Why am I studying poli sci... Maybe after I get a bachelor's I'll do a trade degree for a year to get a job.

>Discriminating against a white male

Yeah, right.

I wrote the papers with a slant the professor was biased towards. I dropped out without getting anything out of it. Papers got great marks though. Women's studies was a fucking breeze, all I did was shittalk Catholic upbringings and old people.

Just say you're irish and you're as good as a nonwhite minority.

That is what feminization of society does in education. Enjoy the group work. Complete sham.

The courtroom is not the campus. Discrimination is discrimination and documentation is everything.

They would likely settle before trial if it's documented properly and put through the proper channels along the way.

Write a paper about it

That sounds all well and good user but no uni student has the time to juggle all that legal nonsense around.

Why does your professors require you to have a political topic? There are a lot more topics that can be used.

WHAT THE FUCK YOU LITTLE BITCH?!?!

DID GOD EMPEROR DJT BITCH WHILE HE HAD TO SIT THROUGH A COUPLE OF LEFT-WING WHITE GUILT ECONOMICS CLASSES AT U. PENN? NO HE STUDIED AND DID HIS BEST AND DIDN'T BECOME INTIMIDATED OR DESPONDENT!

FUCK YOU PUSSY! EITHER WRITE WHAT YOU BELIEVE TO ACCEPT THAT YOU'RE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AND NOT REFLECTING YOUR TRUE SELF AND BELIEFS IN YOUR SCHOOLWORK BUT ARE DOING EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO GET A HIGH GRADE.

YOU FUCKING BITCH, IT'S SO DISGUSTING.

I WISH I COULD SNATCH THE VODKA FROM YOUR HAND, DRINK IT ALL IN FRONT OF YOU, AND HAND YOU BACK AN EMPTY BOTTLE TO ILLUSTRATE TO YOU HOW MUCH OF A BITCH YOU ARE IN COMPARISON TO NORMAL MAN.

bro i make $10/ hour sweeping shop floors and occasionally welding some shit that may break in the shop.
im here now @ 29 years old because i gave up on college after a short attempt when i was about 24.

Yes.
>tfw your only skills and genuine interests outside of vidya are academic
>tfw you have no control over what the state would teach your potential children in the future

Trump's family was already fucking loaded to the point where he didn't have to worry about some kike master's opinion, let alone the fact that he grew up way back when; when it wasn't as bad congested or impacted as universities are now.

Not really. STEM is nice because you get what you put into it. Practically no bullshit.

>Be language student
>University is literally full of "refugees welcome" posters
>most of the students are leftist shits
>french language lessons are filled with "middle eastern culture is as valuable as western culture" rethoric

I'm going to pull a fucking columbine really soon

All the people like Bernie sanders and Ann Coulter who have their writing criticized decades later weighs on my mind

So I only write essays on boring topics and never write about something too controversial or at least I never give an opinion on controversies

I also try not to dress or act like an autist since I don't want to have a picture of me looking awkward turned into a facebook meme or something

Not that anyone pays attention to people around them, 90% of students walk between classes with their faces in their phones

I would give anything to have attended college before smartphones/social media were a thing

Also, I took a grad level political philosophy class tis past year. The Jewish professor claimed that cheaper lettuce prices make the fact that Mexican laborers on the west coast drive down the price of labor across the country just. It was that simple, it's a just situation in his mind because people like to pay less for food. Then he admitted that he had no basis with which to support his claim that Anyone who can't help themselves deserves to be assisted by the state to the point that they're able to flourish as human beings.
Fucking Jews. They all think they're Socrates.

I adopted the mindset that I was a deep cover spy and that every scholarship dollar or class rank I took was one the actual liberals didn't get. This may not work for you. Some of us are fine being the backstabbers but some people need to feel open and honest. Just try and repeat to yourself you're only there to get your degree. Nothing you say in class will ever matter anyway.

>Be me, back in university
>Law subject is split up in to smaller classes of 30 or so
>Realize in my class of 30 I am the ONLY male. Everyone else is white females
>In my statistics class, very few white males, mostly Indians, blacks, females etc
>Professor is some sort of of dark skin Asian, not sure
>Try to ask him question after class, he will barely look at me, doesn't answer my question properly, just awkwardly looks at his computer
>Notice there is a line of shitskins behind me, all glaring at me

I dropped out. Fucking higher education. It is not for white males.

You have to swallow the shit in undergrad OP. If you can make it to a respectable PhD program they love dissenting opinions, so long as you qualify them with research.

YOU ARE /R9K/ WITH Cred Forums BELIEFS. IF YOUR PROFESSORS'/CLASSMATES' IRE AT YOUR CONSERVATISM IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM, THEN YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BE DEPRESSED ABOUT!

BE A MAN AND FIGHT OR HIDE YOUR POWER LEVEL, BUT WHICHEVER PATH YOU CHOOSE DON'T BE A BITCH ABOUT IT.

I thought this was going to have some bants or be funny, but it's just disappointing.

Its soul crushing in the US. Safe spaces, trigger warnings, these kids have no concept of reality or what the world has in store for them.

use satire fagit