Cred Forums on genocide

Do you think genocide was justified to prevent the alien race from recovering and trying again to anihilate human kind? Or do you side with Endercuck who felt bad when he realized he actually caused the killing blow to the hostile alien race home world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYCmrNSYOxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember it was the alien race who started shit, not human kind

Exterminatus is always justifiable.

Ender didn't actually wipe them out entirely. I highly recommend the books.

Well in the canon, the aliens had already stopped and left when they realized 'oh shit humankind isn't a hivemind like us'.

But the earth military had slower-than-light ships which had been on the way for decades so decided to go with the "gotta nuke something" stratagem.

Those fucker thought human s are less than insects, I could never relate to Enders regret at the end, fuck those assholes, if they wanted to be kind to humans they could of done it, but they chose war instead of trade, genocide was justified imo

Didn't the Buggers attack Earth twice in the book?

Book spoilers:

In the books, the "twist" is that the alien race was "saying hello" when they killed humans

As a hivemind, they dont view individual humans as "alive"

They would be concerned with individuals of their species dying no more than we would be concerned with loosing a few skin cells from shaking hands with someone

P.s. dont go past book 3. Orson scott card kinda went crazy later on.

I would be pretty upset if I discovered that I had been tricked into leading a genocide. But, ultimately, it clearly had to be done. And someone has to get their hands dirty.

Ender's Game is kinda shitty, but the writer found his stride with Bean's books.

There's a reason from Bean's perspective Ender is retconned as being stupider and less self-aware.

I read a TL;DR on the series and fuck it really goes down the rabbit hole.

Jeez.what a way to say hello, I wonder if ants do shit like that

You obviously missed the point of the book. The point is that different intelligent species, which evolved un completely different biospheres, will have different ways of living and interracting that would be entirely alien or horrific to the other species.

For the hive mind insectoids, killing a few people was a bit like saying hello

Ender's butthurt was the most disappointing and anticlimactic shit I have seen in cinema in last decade. He was selected to lead the assault specifically for his understanding that if you really want to win you have to go the extra mile and not only scare your opponent, you have to cripple him so he's unable to pose a threat ever again.

We should have done this to Germany at the end of ww1

Even sooner. Marcus Aurelius should have done it.

Feeling bad about actually doing something and knowing it was necessary are far from mutually exclusive.

Fucking aliens started it for no reason. They deserved genocide.

I didn't really like the film, it was shit.

But this song from the film was good.

youtube.com/watch?v=GYCmrNSYOxo

> The point is that different intelligent species, which evolved un completely different biospheres, will have different ways of living and interracting that would be entirely alien or horrific to the other species.
This goes both ways - bugs should have thought about possible outcome of their "hello" too.

Really? If it was a genocide of your OWN people I could get upset over that, but a different species? Or different group of people (like Muslims). I honestly wouldn't care.

It'd be a "meh" shrug it off moment. Not even being edgy.

It was the same way in the book back in 1985. It's a set up for the next book "Speaker for the Dead" where Ender goes an a galactic cuck tour apologizing for Earth.

it was a good for a kino

>kino
Back to Cred Forums with you.

it's the way some european countries call cinema in their languages bong, chill.

You have to go back.

But we're not insectoids are we?
The weak shall fear the strong
and the weak shall submit to the morality of the strong.

Back where? Im already here man.

>Kino
Jesus, it was a movie at best. Not even close to a film and certainly not kino. I'd even call it a Flick desu.
What's next, you're gonna call ghost busters Kìnõgraphìqùè?

This, it was fully justified with the information they had at the time. Communication was attempted before the decision was made I think.

Yes -- nuke Africa now

Formics are way too advanced to be compared with africans