Were the 90s really better than now?

Were the 90s really better than now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5mkEZRtVcMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

We had actual LSD and good music, also, bars were fun.

It was the same shit, but everyone was bluepilled

no pc so fuck no

It seemed that way. The whole pre 9/11 world was comfy. California had jobs, real estate prices were reasonable. *_*

It was better because it hadn't "progressed" as much.
Though the process had already started.

I'm with this guy.
I can't find any good LSD and people call me a dad for having the 60's to 90's taste in music.

Bill Clinton is why everything is shit in the 21st century.

If he had
>captured or killed Bin Laden after the first Trade Center attack
>not signed nafta
>not given china "most favored nation" trade status
>not deregulated banking and investing
>not created the sub prime mortgage bubble

Then no "war on terror" and no 2008 depression.

Order from flugsvamp, will get to you in a sec

oh and his "tough on crime" which has balloned the prison population from half a million to two million.

>tfw no bush sr for two terms

\
yes
youtube.com/watch?v=5mkEZRtVcMw

I'd take him over Dubya, Obongo or Shillary any day.

Trump can redeem the 2010's though

Sr would have still done NAFTA, deregulation, and China Trade Status.

The Clintons are DINOs.

its nice living in an economic bubble, but the art / media of the late 90's was very prophetic, we knew it was gunna end even if we didnt want to believe it.

maybe, because you could get high paying jobs for "knowing computers" i.e. typing, database, sending email.

not joking.

now those worthless skills have been exposed and the millenials are starving

tell me about it.

if I was just a few years older. I could be one of those guys. That got in at the ground floor, skated by for years, then locked in a high salary and retirement package from sheer seniority alone.

instead, by the time i got out of school and the army(doing computers and high level networking) my skills are completley mundane and saturated through the labor market.

The economy was better. Also, people weren't as interconnected. So instead of shitposting on the internet all Sunday, you might have a cookout with some friends.

>get some friends together
>make up some company that ends in -tech
>have no business model outside of meme buzzwords
>VCs lining up to suck my dick

Lmao it really was that easy wasn't it.

90's and 00's are objectively the worst time period for music

Anyone else think that the 2000's would be like the Jetsons?
We'd have self-tying shoes like in Back To The Future 2?
We would have real virtual reality games where we can touch feel and interact with shit?
Sega and Nintendo fanboys still arguing? (well, they still do on /vr/ every single day)
Hell I remember thinking the Playstation would flop and wasn't worth putting any money into.

Is this future disappointing?

Trades. two-semester hvac courses land you $25 STARTING per hour jobs in datacenters across the country, with companies like McKinstry for instance. Theyre dying for workers.

Everybody talks about how he "balanced the budget".

No, the sexual predator president did nothing. That was Newt Gingrich.

Ignorance was bliss. 9/11 was when everyone woke up

as long as you could launch an IPO and cash out before people realized you would never release a product or make a profit.

it was that easy. i was in austin from 1994 onward through the bubble, and tons of startups that ended in com or tech were given millions. it was a gold rush, almost the same thing. people smelled money and there was such a feeding frenzy, nobody knew what was a good or bad idea to back.

needless to say almost all of those startups didnt last long. but the founders all got beemers and a nice house in the hill country.

Yes. It was. The 1990s were the last era of European and American prosperity. In 2000 we started to go into a decline.

Why do you think so many of the terrorists right now are in their mid to late 20s?

They grew up in a different world (a world which promised them unbridled opportunity) and then were forced to eat a big, steaming shit sandwich without being consulted.

noo. all the cool stuff i can still enjoy now (mostly vidya and music). its much mich better now.

posting via cell phone over the meme super highway from my comfy bed

the hell you say.

Grung and Alt rock are better than most of the 80s and later 00 and 10 music.

rap music peaked in the 90s. it reached mainstream popularity, but hadn't been ruined by pop rappers like Kanye or lil wayne.

Even the '00s were better than now.

Clinton gets credit for the actions of his Republican congress and senate.

You wouldn't even have to take the company public, once people start looking in depth at your company theyll realize nothing is there. All you need are a couple private money hungry investors that don't know anything about tech, but wanna invest in something because all their friends are doing the same.

Fuck no!

The 80's were cool though... Except for the cars.

>Except for the cars

You post on Cred Forums and you haven't discovered the darknet yet?

For shame

Yes, but Clinton was a horrible president.

yep, and all the blame goes to them and Dubya

yes it was, there was actually this thing called freedom of speech

freedom for the internet

These things happened inspite of Clinton

That car is fantastic.
>ramp design helps the bodies slide right off when you hit people fast enough
>red color disguises any blood stains that gets on it
>high horsepower will let you escape from the inevitable car chase
>ugly design combined with high cost will be good evidence for a plea of insanity in the murder trial

The economy was booming like crazy, people had jobs and a lot less to worry about.

No More cold war, no significant terror threat in the West... minor troubles in the Balkan. That was it.

It was a seemingly never ending party.

My memories being a dumb seven year old watching classic Nickelodeon say yes. Hell, fucking 2000's were better then this.