What do you think about big game hunting, especially the hunting of animals such as lions, elephants, rhino...

What do you think about big game hunting, especially the hunting of animals such as lions, elephants, rhino, jaguars etc?

I've heard many animals, in africa, would be harvested anyway and having rich americans brings in a lot of extra cash for the area

Other urls found in this thread:

rexano.org/ConservationPages/Kenya_Frame.htm
africanskyhunting.co.za/pricelist.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idgaf about anything but lions and tigers
I wanna see this smug bitch fight that lion hand to hand in the Colosseum.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Most all the money goes towards conservation and the animals taken are almost always problem animals that would just be shot by game wardens anyway for Various reasons.

People who claim to support the existence of these endangered animals yet oppse these hunts are opposing exactly what they claim they support because they're incapable of seeing past the one dead animal in front of them

Stop watching the Joe Rogan experience.

Why do you care? Humans can preserve wildlife and place them in Zoos.

Legal big game hunting brings in a lot of money for preservation and is usually limited to the older individuals who are less likely to breed. As you said, it also brings in money for the area.

This.

Fucked up. Some rich piece of shit hunting rare and endangered animals to get off over? You want to eat a plate of kittens while you're at it?

Hunting for sport is retarded.

For those with feels, it seems like a shame at first. But then you read it supports conservation and money incentivizes giving a shit about property and wildlife for the locals. Poachers on the other hand should be impaled on spikes

never seen it friend

I am just curious about the views other people have on it. The closest I'll ever get to do it is virtually

It's degenerate.

Not because you're killing muh big cats, but the way you're doing it.

Seriously, sitting in a bush 200m away with a scoped rifle? What the fuck are you proving? that you don't have parkinsons?

How can anyone unironically have actual fun by squeezing one of their fingers?

Kill a lion with a fucking knife and take a posed photo, then I'll be impressed.

'Poachers' are usually landowners and farmers who kill animals that stray onto their land and sell the body. Corrupt governments and warlords close off their land into 'national parks' and take the money from conservation charities and hunting tours as if they own the land or do anythign towards its upkeep.

It depends where you go to do it. If you go to a reputable farm then that's ok.

The sad fact of the matter is if you make an animal a commodity its far more likely to get preserved.

I even think the hunting of Rhino's should be allowed because it would encourage their protection as a commodity and it would take the market away from poachers.

If you killed all the lions, all the other animals would grow abundant. You'd have tons more to hunt and these villages wouldn't starve

Think of it as killing Saddam before he kills any more Iraqis, and then killing 200,000 Iraqis yourself anyway.

>The sad fact of the matter is if you make an animal a commodity its far more likely to get preserved.
Other than triggering Commies there's nothing sad about it and there's nothing sad about triggering Commies

People will either legally let rich guys kill these animals for a large fee, or they'll hunt the animals themselves and sell it for $300k to some Chinese guy to make his dick powder. At least when its legal the money goes towards conservation.

>What do you think about big game hunting, especially the hunting of animals such as lions, elephants, rhino, jaguars etc?

without the $$$ that these niggers are making from letting the odd shart shoot a lion/elephant/whatever, they would have no money

without money they owuld have no food
without food they would start shooting these animals for meat/lifestock protection anyway

at least a shart only shoots one, niggers kill off entire species

If it weren't for hunting, most of the game reserves wouldn't have been established. The reason why a lot of game reserves don't stock rhino is because it is simply too great a risk because of poaching. Limited hunting will incentivise keeping more endangered animals. Canned hunting is retarded though.

If you can eat it, I can appreciate hunting it for food. Apex predators are full of parasites and toxic metals, so shooting a cat is just disgusting. If someone is hunting because they think it makes them feel big and strong, it's kinda bullshit unless they plan to use their bare hands instead of a gun.

>killing 200,000 Iraqis
would I have to eat them?

It's only sleeping stop being a dramatic faggot

I'm opposed, and have no idea why the people who do so seem to take such pride in it.

I'm all for that argument and wanna use it in red pilling conversations. Anyone got sources??

its bang out of line. fucking disgrace

rexano.org/ConservationPages/Kenya_Frame.htm

This entire website is pretty good. The guy who founded it is a game biologist and they do a pretty god job exposing PETA, greens, etc. on their bullshit.

I think it is fucking pathetic. They killed a lion bred to die...wow. Rich faggots think the world belongs to them, I'd like to shoot some of them for game.

>No one complains animals that that are hunted close to extinction by local people in 3rd World countries.

It is pretty sad when you think about it. Here's an animal that has been sculpted and refined over the course of thousands of years to be a perfect killing machine, and then some tiny weak human comes along with no natural attributes that would stand a chance in a 1 on 1 fight with a lion and kills it easily and instantly. People can do what they want, but the fact that they show off their trophy kills like they have accomplished something is pathetic.

Pretty much a good thing.
Foreigners pay a lot of money in order to shoot even a fucking wilderbeast. Link for reference:
africanskyhunting.co.za/pricelist.html

$19,500 to shoot a lion. $300 to shoot a warthog (you can shoot wild pigs for free pretty much everywhere else). And this does not include other costs: transport, guide, accommodation, ...
This allows a parc to have a big budget to protect the wildlife from poachers. Wherever this has been implemented, wildlife flourishes as they are better protected by the parc employees who directly benefit from it.

as long as a species' numbers are maintained so that they are increasing slowly or stable instead of declining, i'm all for it.

The issue being is have you ever donated a dollar to a wildlife refuge conservation organization?

Because the guy shooting the lion forked over serious cash.

They pay lots to hunt these animals. And that money goes to conservation. The animals they hunt are carefully chosen from the sick, or elderly, or problematic.

It's a win-win

The animals killed tend to be older and unbreedable. The money earned on the kill goes towards the preservation of that species. Kill one to gain two.

to me its disgusting. Taking enjoyment in taking life of an animal which can't fight back is degenerate. All those smug photos of cucks posing with a carcass of the animals some nice niggers drove their asses to so that they could take it out are laughable because theyre staged as if the '''''''hunter''''''' bravely killed a rampaging beast terrorizing the village.

Fucking triggers me, not gonna lie.

yeah, at least some good out of it. if only they shot the rich idiots shortly after the photo.

Serious cash that mostly goes to the greedy fuck who can find these rich bastards the best lion for their money.

I didn't think Cred Forums was this naive. Was Cecil the lion, a major attraction in the park, sick or problematic in anyway? No, they chose him because that guy put down the cash for the best lion. The people finding them these animals don't give a flying fuck about the lions or wildlife conservation, half the time they don't even obey the laws.

Only thing I'd say in reply is that a lot of these rich faggots "hunt" in enclosures where the animals are trapped anyway and they're just pretending to stalk them.

Hunting is fine, this isn't hunting.

You really think rich trophy hunters travel the whole way to Africa and put down a shit load of money so they can put an old or sick lion on their display? They want the best lion they can get, preferably a young alpha male in his prime because those have the biggest and most luxurious manes.