What is Pol's opinion on gold and silver?

Does Pol like gold and silver for investment purposes?

I prefer Rhodium Sponge

Stay broke with your fucking worthless fiat you fucking leaf.

I adore them both.

I have some because I'm a loot hound and like the way they glitter in my strong box (it's delicious to hear them clink together). Realistically though the things that would matter most in a collapse situation would be skills, ammunition, food, and alcohol in that order not shiny metal

Kind of fun to hoard

You should sell all your gold, if you still have any, that is.

>Pays no dividends
>Fluctuates wildly, provides no predictable return
>Literally just a shiny metal

Buy guns, ammunition, canned food, distilled water if you're a prepper. Buy stocks and bonds or rental property if you're not. Buy gold if you're retarded.

Precious metals are a hedge, they should compose no more than 10% of your portfolio. Anymore than that and you're just a doomsday prepper.

Stating the obvious kike.

>Compose
Comprise*

Historic data, inflation and gold/silver ratio suggest it's overpriced by at least a factor 5.

I have LOTS of silver too--all in the form of "scrap" silver coins, bought slowly on Ebay over an 8 year period.

Even more value through silver and gold mining shares.

if it was a good investment banks wouldnt sell it to you dumbass

>"Not stolen by Jews"
yet.....

Being in amateur numismatics, if you're investing silver in coins over bullion, I would suggest you invest also in silver coinage which also holds value in its rarity, like certain Morgans and Libertys, for example.

>buying silver from Ebay sellers

That shit is fake as fuck or at least much lower quality than your dumb ass thinks it is

>What is Pol's opinion on gold and silver?

If you don't take PHYSICAL POSSESSION of it...

Then you don't own it, you never did, and you never will.

>buying a commodity for long term investing
>not buying into a dividend paying mining company

also

>muh happening money
In a scenario where a major happening occurs and people are starving and/or revolting against an invading force your gold and silver coins will be worthless compared to pretty much anything else that you could have

Bullion is an easy way to short instability. If the price is low and you think some shit is gonna happen, buy some bullion. Sell when the price goes up $3-4/oz and get yourself a nice little return. In the long run, you want to hold assets that pay dividends.

I have a few, (actually some from all over the world) but most of my stuff is Canadian.

nice starter set

>gold and silver coins will be worthless compared to

Lead and brass.

>>Pays no dividends
>>Fluctuates wildly, provides no predictable return
>>Literally just a shiny metal

We have negative interest rates over much of the world. Gold has been money for thousands of years--all other currencies disappear over time.

Store your gold/silver at home and avoid the wealth tax that is negative interest rates.

BTW, have rifles and shotguns. I am rural----food and water should not be a problem.

You don't invest in gold and silver, you buy the real thing. Paper money you make from gold stocks will mean nothing once the gold standard returns.

Depends on the scale of the happening, but no matter what you will be better of buying what you need (food, water, hygienic supplies, fuel, ammo, ...) than exchanging gold for cash after the happening and trying to buy stuff.
Or getting your gold confiscated at the airport when you try to run away, better open a foreign bank account now if you expect a happening to happen.

Water not, food yes.
>le I will just go hunting meme
>le my garden will save me meme

I don't exactly invest in silver but I do hoard it and I have my own system of acquiring it.

Canadian old silver money is , with few exceptions, 80% and 92.5% silver. (1967 and earlier)

Exceptions: dimes/quarters 1967-1968 may have no silver, 80% or 50%. Learn before you buy.