Serious question, are there biological differences between the races?

Serious question, are there biological differences between the races?

I'm in Uni, and today it's widely accepted that race is a social construct. And the arguments for it make a lot of sense. I don't necessarily believe that race is biological, but I'm skeptical and open to the possibility of it. Well, Cred Forums what do you think?

I'm trying to have a serious intellectual discussion, leave the "THEM NYUGGERS ARE BAD, MKAY" out of this. I would like to hear ideas with good sources.

Like for example, certain disease are more common in certain races. Like Sickle-cell anemia is more common in Africans and Mediterraneans, and Tay-Sachs disease is more common is Eastern and Western European people, French Canadians and Jewish people.

Lets talk, Cred Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305
jbhe.com/features/49_college_admissions-test.html
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615001221
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15508000
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.3.html
unz.com/isteve/nyt-white-black-a-murky-distinction-grows-still-murkier/
nytimes.com/2010/07/20/science/20adapt.html
ln.edu.hk/philoso/staff/sesardic/Race2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=G8pPbrbJJQs
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/#EGI
amazon.com/000-Year-Explosion-Civilization-Accelerated/dp/0465020429
slideshare.net/sjm1368/african-runner-domination-nature-or-nurture
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well, broadly speaking yes.

not gonna go on a full Cred Forums tangent because i don't really put much credibility into social darwinism politics

but genetic differences goes far beyond "race" in general. you know that superior running gene that kenyans are supposed to have? just ONE tribe in kenya has that.

I'm afraid of even asking about it in class though. With how liberal colleges are now. I'm afraid that I'll be branded a racist if I even ask about it.

yes.

>black caucus

>Bl@ck
>Blatck
wot

welcome to pol, enjoy your stay

mostly simple stuff like iq distribution, with iq being 70/80% inheritable races will just stay dumb
theres more to it but this is just the bare minimum

Of course, if you accept that hair/color/traits/size/intelligence differs in dogs, then logically, the same should exist in humans.

Does that mean these traits are superior? No. It means they differ. It's another form of branding that humans will instinctively do, but shunning it does not make it go away.

You wouldn't get good information even if you DID ask. You'd be referred to some book like "Mismeasure of Man," full of outdated information and logical fallacies which "debunk" claims that aren't even applicable to modern debates. On this one, you'll have to educate yourself.

>it's widely accepted that race is a social construct.

Not really. People are a bit devious when they use a term like "social construct." What they imply is that "social construct" = "arbitrary," which is completely false.

Colors are social constructs, too. There is something we call "red," "blue," etc. If we all decided tomorrow that "green" would be called "superpenis," then that's what it would be called. But "green" and "superpenis" would still refer to something with underlying significance beyond the term used to describe it.

I will just tell you that most people are incapable of having a "debate" on this issue because they lack the background in genetics necessary to be coherent.

If you actually want to learn about this stuff, you're going to have to at least go through a college-level genetics textbook that covers recent developments such as SNP analysis. You're going to have to study statistics at least to the point where you understand what a "principle component analysis" is, and how it works.

>I don't necessarily believe that race is biological

You probably don't have the background in genetics necessary to reach a belief on that matter in the first place. But let me spoil things for you - of course it's biological. What else would it be? Ethereal?

>hur durr is race biological Cred Forums?
no, your skin color is decided by the alignment of the stars

A combination of genetic and cultural factors im sure.
Saying anything beyond that is controversial and not really provable statistically. Even if you could make a general claim about "races" what would you do about it as a policy?

But the argument people present is that biologically we are all the same in terms of our organs. But our morphology or physiological characteristics like skin color for example are different.

Just look at the shape of the skull, clear difference.

Noses can also be very different.

I thought it was just about them living in high altitude...

>it's widely accepted [by morons] that race is a social construct.
>same morons thing sex [you've probably been trained to call this "gender"] is a social construct

No serious scientist claims that "organs" are the same across races. Look at high-altitude adaptations in populations like the Tibetans and Sherpas.

i think that you are stupid

Also read Nicholas Wade "troublesome inheritance" former (((NYTimes))) (!!!!!) science editor decides to be honest about science and race.

Not only is race real but racial differences in intelligence (and many other areas) real and completely documented too.

>ONE RACE

You will be branded a racist for asking, how upset they will be and how off limits they want to make this is because even the smart liberals actually know it's all true

YEP TOTALLY JUST A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT

Hypothetically speaking, would a freshmen/ sophomore textbook contain enough easily understandable information to convince someone or does the "race isn't a social construct" issue require a more nuanced understanding of the material?

My goal here is to use easily available material to create image macros to subvert left-leaning internet communities.

Intelligence is genetic and heritable.
Differences in intelligence between ethnic groups are due to genetics alone.
Better education will not change differences in group intelligence, they'll always remain.

Human intelligence up to 75% inheritible
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html

Human intelligence is highly heritable.
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html

Scientific consensus is that IQ tests are not racially biased.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305

Very poor Whites are comparably intelligent to very wealthy blacks.

Black children raised in White households have similar IQs to black children in black households.
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001

The average African IQ is estimated at 79.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741

The average African-American IQ is 85, compared to the average White IQ of 100.
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf

The white-black gap in SAT scores, a proxy for IQ, is increasing.

Genes for large brains, linked to high IQ, are common everywhere except Africa.
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636

Intelligence has at least a 40-50% genetic basis.
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809

IQ scores are the best predictor of success in Western society.

IQ is 75% heritable among Whites.

France's IQ drops 4 points per decade because of African immigration
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289615001221

>what would you do about race as policy of you weren't a dumbass and so you publicly knew it existed
>not spend trillions of dollars trying to make blacks have average outcomes equal to whites, for one thing, considering this is genetically impossible

Its funny, because in anthropology the main stream conclusion is that the Neanderthals simply "went extinct" after they failed to compete with the "somewhat superior" homo sapiens, who had achieved resistance to the north African pathogens they carried into Europe.
Truth is, they both both ended up mixing, this can be seen in the prevalence in % of Neanderthal genes in the native populations who live in the same ancestral lands the original Neanderthals occupied.

Ironically enough, saying they competed with the sub-species homo sapiens its not different that saying the Caucasoid competes with the blacks in the USA.

They are literally denying science.

>all the same organs
>only skin different
>skin is no longer an organ until further notice
>skin is also a social construct?

Yes there is very much so. All the different races are subspecies just like any other animal on earth. It's just that we dont like the thought of being the same as animals in anyway.

Average brain mass also different
And whoops turns out brain mass is strongly correlated to general intelligence (like 0.4)

It's just silly to assert that "race doesn't exist" and that outside of the skin colour, we're all the same. If melanin count can differ from race to race, then it only stands to reason there's the possibility for internal differences too. It's already obvious enough that bone structure is completely different.

The thing is, people only really want to hear it if racial difference leads to positives for that race when compared to whites, like how blacks are great sprinters and endurance runners. Good for them! But if you tell them they're statistically likely to have a low IQ, they go apeshit.

Now that I think about it, it seems people generally accept there are racial differences EXCEPT when it comes to IQ. Like, for example how East Asians can't hold their alcohol well at all. This is commonly known, and no race wars happen because of it...

>Pay for an education in biology
>Afraid to ask questions related to genetics/biology because muh raycissum
How the fuck did it end up like this?

here with more examples

Humans can be genetically categorized into five racial groups, corresponding to traditional races.
pritchardlab.stanford.edu/publications/pdfs/RosenbergEtAl02.pdf
Genetic analysis "supports the traditional racial groups classification."
"Human genetic variation is geographically structured" and corresponds with race.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15508000
Race can be determined via genetics with certainty for >99.8% of individuals.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15625622
Oral bacteria can be used to determine race.
medicalxpress.com/news/2013-10-oral-bacteria-fingerprint-mouth.html
Race can be determined via brain scans.
cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)00671-5
96-97% of whites have no African ancestry.
theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.3.html
97% of Whites have no black ancestry whatsoever.
unz.com/isteve/nyt-white-black-a-murky-distinction-grows-still-murkier/
There was "minimal gene flow" between archaic Europeans and Asians.
nytimes.com/2010/07/20/science/20adapt.html
Common-sense racial categories have biological meaning.
ln.edu.hk/philoso/staff/sesardic/Race2.pdf

Don't be an idiot. Of course race is real. We have DNA tests that can tell, we have different bone structures, different diseases. You want a bone marrow transplant? Race will be real to you then.

What logical arguments are there that race isn't real? I've never heard a good one.

Watch this video before you let the Marxists ruin your brain. You're at a critical moment right now, OP. Don't let them steal your thoughts.
youtube.com/watch?v=G8pPbrbJJQs

DELET THIS

Skin is an organ you idiot. And if you get certain kinds of transplant from someone of a different race your anti bodies will attack it and you will die. We are not the same on the inside either

Goddamit, Cred Forums.

I understand the logic behind these posts and it makes a lot of sense. But something in me just feels guilty or just plain wrong for accepting it. I'm not denying it. It makes sense perfectly, but there's something in me just making me feel like a piece of shit for thinking that. I'm not trying to knock on you guys, but maybe I've just been conditioned or something. I don't know

You are learning cultural marxist lies.
Race matters. They will say the white race and their identity doesnt matter until they want to blame you for something.

Are you saying that because blacks and whites both have kidneys, livers, etc, we are all the same?

I'm not saying that necessarily, I'm open to all ideas here, but that's what my general conception of it has been. Of course I think we are different too, but inherently we're all human.

The red pill is hard to swallow, user.

You want a buttload of resources? here
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/#EGI

Start with this book:
amazon.com/000-Year-Explosion-Civilization-Accelerated/dp/0465020429

Do you believe in evolution OP? If so, how can groups of people evolve in vastly different climes in exactly the same way?

Just because you acknowledge and accept it doesn't mean you have to be an asshole about it. Averages are just averages, which means there's still plenty of coloured folk out there smarter than you.

>But something in me just feels guilty or just plain wrong for accepting it. I'm not denying it. It makes sense perfectly, but there's something in me just making me feel like a piece of shit for thinking that.
Oh god. Now I've got to teach you about Jews

Macros like those already exist, but they don't tend to convince people to change their beliefs, since beliefs are based on a sort of religious faith rather than reason or facts.

Change the word should to could and I agree.

That's exactly what it is: conditioning. The Jews have been brainwashing you from birth to believe their multiculti lies. The good news is that you have now the chance to join us in fighting the propaganda and conditioning. You have now before you the choice between two pills, blue and red. But remember this: once you start down the rabbit hole, you can't come back.

Using selective breeding for human-friendly foxes, we created domestic foxes in under two generations

Using selective breeding for aggressive dogs, we created dogs with huge aggressive capabilities in similarly small amounts of time

Somehow applying this logic to humans is wrong though. Reproductive success vs investment for the black community is incredibly high for cut-and-run fathering, which is at least partially genetic. If my genes predispose me to be a guy who marries women and insures his kids succeed, and my kids are more reproductively successful, then that would eventually take over as the dominant strategy.

Unfortunately the concept of genetic success does not exist anymore, or exists in a way that defeats progress. Smart people don't reproduce, stupid people do.

If race isnt biological why do niggers make more niggers.

I've somewhat swallowed it with becoming a race realist. Like once I've been out in the real world. At my job it was noticeable that it would be different in more urban neighborhoods than in nice suburban areas. And that my experiences were different with certain clients depending on race.

If race is a social construct then ayyo i is now blak

>not wanting to accept it

I was like this for many years. Actually I'd still PREFER it not be true. As investors gotten older and knocked around by life some I've learned that my wishes have no correspondence to what reality is at any given time.

Contrary to some I don't think racial differences mean we have to dislike or fight or look down on one another.

Ultimately as a Christian I believe God made us all to have value to him although gems given us different roles.

Trying to defy that is insane and will always end badly, I think we're currently witnessing just that outcome

Here's a question to social construct retards.

DO YOU THINK DOG BREEDS ARE BIOLOGICALLY DIFFERENT?

You don't need to look further than rio 2016 to find out it's not a skin deep matter, Runners are black, swimmers are white, morphology is different.

check: slideshare.net/sjm1368/african-runner-domination-nature-or-nurture

Thats not surprising. Stereotypes come out at a lot of different jobs. Blacks never tip, Russians are crafty thieves, Mexicans and Italians are lazy. It can be tough to separate the societal differences from the purely racial differences.

Watch some Jared Taylor videos on YouTube. He has done a lot of debates on these things and never loses. If you like reading scientific shit, Phillipe Rushton has written a shit ton on the subject. Then read Kevin MacDonald. After you read MacDonald, you're done. You're fully redpilled. Unless you want to get into holocaust revisionism, he doesn't go there

Stop feeling. Feeling allows you to empathize with people, but not everyone needs your empathy. Maybe the abandoned child in the street needs it, or the amputated vet. Your empathy is a valuable resource and you don't spend it on niggers who eat up dat welfare and choose not to work because CHILL LYF NIGGA.

Most white 'supremacists' just want to be left the fuck alone with their own kind. They'll fairly compete with any other race. That includes war. War is fair.

Many of those black groups were founded by ambitious mulattos trying to organize blacks because they wanted to be Paul Atreides for the darker blacks.

This is how Rachel Dolezol rose through the ranks since mulattoes appear to dominate black activist groups. "Oh look, it's a mulatto... must make him or her leader."

The ones pushing a lot of the nonsense are hybrids.

"All black people are like white people just because I'm 80% white. All the 100 pure SSA are like me."

I believe the tribal-style, African-like blacks were the natives to this planet and the other humans who "evolved" to another color were genetically modified by aliens (explains why they are so primitive to everyone else).

The fact that a normal adult human being has to explain and defend why biology applies to human beings as much as it does to the species of animal, and then to almost put himself at risk doing so, is a sign of how deeply fucked we are as a planet.

The white race of course is the only one this defensive tangent affects.

No SHIT race is biological you fucking moron.

Let it flow through you

The mulatto American elite inherited so much cuck from their white forefathers that they accepted the son of a white woman and a Kenyan father as the first black president of the US instead of a mulatto descended from slaves.

You sound REALLLLLY new. Dude, most of us went through this years ago. Fuck off and come back when you're done with your faggot transition phase. We all figured this out on our own back when it was social suicide for us to even think about it. You come here now that the world is shifting in the favor of truth and you're still doing the whole "weelllll I'm not reallllly racist" dance

Get the fuck out

I know, it's ridiculous. I've always been a skeptic so when someone writes it off as a social construct I'm always like "Is it really though? What about X and Y etc"

It's the environment I've been raised around is really really liberal and I'm afraid of being branded for talking about it in such a way.

B-but I've been browsing for some time now. I'm not full on red pilled, I'm maybe like a 5 or 6 out of 10 on the red pill scale. I'm still figuring things out.

Pic related

>no neanderthal genes in sub-saharans or indigeries

This.

You can tell someone's race and gender by looking at the skeleton. That's a huge biological difference.

You dont reveal your power level in a heavy SJW tumblr environment. If you absolutely feel like you must, you have to be subtle and in small incremental amounts.

I'm not white, however I'm still a Caucasoid. I'd still be considered inferior here, despite having very similar skeletons compared to you whiteys though.

Make up your minds.

It's funny how religious-like the left has become in their thinking.

They're as dumb as creationists and flat-earthers.

Could add the NFL and NBA to that list of black privileges.

>Well, Cred Forums what do you think?
Different races of humans organize themselves differently in society. Race is not a social construct.
White people forcing white people's social policies on aboriginals in Australia = enormous social problems.
White people forcing white people's social policies on native indians in Canada and USA = enormous social problems.
White people forcing white people's social policies on african-americans in USA = enormous social problems.
But when asians come to USA, country built by white people with white people's social policies = asians fit in perfectly.
What is the similarity between whites and asians and the difference compared to africans?
Genetics: whites and asians share genetic material from neanderthal genepool, subsaharan africans have none.
Black Panthers and KKK have been right all along. African-americans need their own nation where society is organized differently. Zulu empire was comparable in size and social cohesion to medieval european kingdoms. That tradition (what is left of it) should be the foundation of the new african-american nation.
How many generations of african-american family are we going to let white woman marxist feminist destroy, thinking our way of life is the only way of life. It happens to fit asians perfectly, but that is just an (genetic) accident.

>two black people have a kid
>their kid is black
>two white people have a kid
>their kid is white
>a black person and a white person have a kid
>their kid's skin tone is in between black and white
That alone is definitive proof of biological passing down of skin color.

Race is just like subspecies. Have you ever taken a (nonpozzed) biology course?

Exactly, that's why I'm about a 5, because I don't reveal anything of the sort that I talk about on here. It's very very minimal at least.

The fact that people from different races look different should immediately tell you there are biological differences between the races. Of course race is biological. How did the argument that no race is better or worse than another races became that race is a social construct. That's fucking insane. It's asking people not to believe their eyes. This bullshit will backfire on the "academics".

That guilt has been bullied into you.
That guilt is the real social construct.

>I would like to hear ideas with good sources.

Check out "Jayman's blog", has all the primary cites you need

Yes.
The racial studies of 1600-1800s are completely legit and based in fact
Modern genetics support them

Celebrate diversity and believe in split races user