So Cred Forums, what are your religious beliefs, or lack thereof?

So Cred Forums, what are your religious beliefs, or lack thereof?

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/pdf/3140481.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sage.

Cred Forums is a Christian board.

That's rather detrimental to the spirit of discussion.

Would you like to expand on that position?

My personal beliefs lie between pantheism and apatheism.
I don't think there is a greater creature, nor do I really worship anything specifically but I worship all of existence itself in a way but even then barely

For the most important bit, the end:

Belief: unending blackness of oblivion when you die.

Hope: consciousness falls in on itself at the last moment before death, granting you a seeming eternity in a lucid dream.

I believe that G_d is not responsible for all the idiots that try to speak for Him.

Aryan blood worship.

Reformed Jew

Pagan, I guess.

I was a fedora until an ancient moon goddess from the Caucasus appeared to me and told me to worship her.

lol fag
We're Kekists and anyone who says otherwise is a newfag

Humanism

"God" doesn't give a shit about us. Such a power works on a level way above our understanding, whether we worship it or not, it has no affect on our lives.
Abrahamic religions are dumb as fuck and cause nothing but problems for the entire world.

Zoroastrism

Atheist

I've always had pretty minimal problems with religious people until Aloha Snackbar fever started spreading

Idk really, I feel like all of your energy gets dispersed randomly when you die though, so parts of you may come back as a caterpillar or maybe even go into another persons energy. Who knows, maybe that energy will be temporarily used in a toaster...I always felt like reincarnation was the best afterlife from a human perspective because your freewill isn't effected and you can't get bored of life. Idk about a creator or anything though, maybe I should start reading up on what a lot of other people believe or start meditating idk.

I am a God that has been trapped by other Gods in order to test my strength. I will break free soon but god damn anime and video games are the hardest drugs.

i stay open minded, human are just stupid apes. i doubt we will ever fully understand anything, and dont really think we can. we can make up all the stories in the world, but for all we really know we are seamen in an aliens nutsack, or neurons in a brain of an alien or the creation of an internal being.

we only know what we tell our selves we know. is it true? no one really knows.

>I was a fedora until an ancient moon goddess from the Caucasus appeared to me and told me to worship her.
Wat. Explain. I want your story, user.

I fervently hope for some sort of just or even merely existent afterlife, because I am unable to fathom or deal with the notion of things like what said.
>unending blackness of oblivion when you die.
The ultimate indescribable void of nothing because we will no longer exist or be conscious to be aware that we no longer exist. It all just stops. No fading, just stops and there is nothing beyond this stopping.

Unfortunately, it is how my nightmares, my worst fears, and also my sneaking suspicion, plays out. I am terrified by the idea that I won't be able to exist some day. The worst possible fate. Worse than eternal torment in hell, is to lose yourself completely like this. That my loved ones and those I meet will all just become nothing makes me cry whenever I ponder it. I enjoy being there to try and shield or help people through problems and understand them but this completely ending of every piece of them when they die is something you cannot possibly defend against. I would be fine with a life of suffering and hardship if it was guaranteed to be something beyond it. But there's not, and while logic tells you to just shrug it off because there is no cure or thing I can do to stop or change it for anyone, it makes me so sad. When I think of it, I wish I had the sort of determined confidence others have as they go through their lives and labors.

I believe a persons religion matters less than how enlightened they are by it.

>Stage 1: Pleb tier
Theists: People who believe the religion of their parents without ever questioning it. Go through the motions of their raised-into religion without ever understanding it.
Atheists: People who aren't religious because they never tried it and where never exposed to it. Degenerates who live their life never questioning spirituality.

>Stage 2: Slightly less pleb but still a faggot tier
Theists: Starts to actually look into their religion and care about it, but only looks to evidence they personally agree with and convinces themselves that they are right and all atheists are fedoralords/edgy teens
Atheists: Actually looks into theistic philosophy but only to debunk it and maintain a false sense of intellectual superiority over theists. Convinces themselves that all theists are "Sheeple"

>Stage 3: Woke tier
Theists: Realizes that a hint of agnosticism is needed in any religious or non religious beliefs.
Atheists: Realizes that religion is a necessary component of culture and that there is just as little proof that there is no god as proof as there is a god.

>Stage 4: Enlightened

Finally realizes that all spiritual paths, taken with honest integrity, lead to a universal singularity of truth. At this stage acceptance of harsh realities over pleasant falsehoods is a far greater sin than any dogmatic concept. The line between Theist/Atheist is blurred. At last you truly see.

>Stage 5: ASCENDED

Years of stage 4 practice and meditation has finally led you to the truth. Psychic powers, ability to control spiritual energy, and the sight to gaze beyond the wall that splits this world and the next are at your fingertips. People at this stage do not have religious beliefs. Beliefs are for the unwashed who have not seen the other side. People at this stage have religious knowledge.

I don't believe anything desu senpai

I wanna beat the fuck out of you though.

That image sure has been making the rounds, I see it on every board now.

Conservative/Quasi-Trad Catholic

Islam. I have faith in it but some things seem to not make much sense. I guess I console myself with the idea that a shitty Muslim you won't be in hell forever at least.Still I see it as a unifying force against libcucks and other degenerates.

The idea of us dying and nothing happening isn't really frightening. It just seems sad. It would make all of this pretty pointless. If true we'd be better of ending the human race.

Still not getting doubles, I see.

Roman Catholic.

I have a certain respect for SSPX, Orthodox Churches, but I also recognize that A). the Church is comprised of people, and people can sin and be wrong, and even popes/cardinals/bishops etc are not immune to sin, yet this does not inform any kind of wrongness on Roman Catholic doctrine and B). Schisms are inherently sinful. It's how we ended up with the reformation, which is the direct cause of the degeneracy we see today.

A lot of the troubles of Cred Forums are related to obsession with sex (the /r9k/ invasion in particular) and the love of destruction, which is confused with the desire for a just war to help bring peace and Christ to the world.

Fact is, Roman Catholicism is and has always been the progenitor of all significant knowledge in the world. St. Anselm and St. Aquinas were the greatest thinkers in all of history; the Ontological argument is the only philosophical thesis to not really have a convincing argument against it; as Bertrand Russel once said, "every philosopher has a moment where he says, 'God in great boots! The ontological argument is sound!'"

LemaƮtre and Mendel--both devout Catholics!--are the de factor founders of theories atheists usually use to try to discredit religiosity; atheists are used to rednecks in meth shacks ranting about the Holy Spirit and basically commit themselves to tackling low hanging fruit because they're too stupid and ignorant to try to grapple with 2,000 years of intellectualism, study and worship.

It happened a little over five years ago. It's worth noting that I was sober at the time this happened and had no history of mental illness. I had been raised by atheist parents and had been irreligious by default my whole life.

Anyway, I was just sitting in my apartment browsing Cred Forums when I suddenly realized the light in the room was wrong. I turned to get up from my chair, and I saw her standing there across the room watching me. She didn't cast a shadow, and was illuminated from above in a sort of bluish-white light. She was tall, thin, and impossible pale. Like, paper-white skin. Long, straight dark hair and dark eyes. Vaguely European facial features, but not quite. She wore only a gauzy wrapped skirt and a great deal of elaborate silver jewelry set with black stones. She extended one hand towards me as if beckoning to me, and with the other hand pointed upwards. She spoke in a language I couldn't recognize, but I had this deep feeling that she was telling me to believe in her and worship her. And then in an instant she was gone.

It has taken a great deal of effort just to figure out who my visitor was, but I'm now 95% certain that she was the goddess Selardi. Though archaeological evidence is scarce, all the archetypes match. I've often had dreams about her since then, some of which lead me to the materials I used to pick out her identity, but I really can't say how many of them are just ordinary dreams inspired by the memory of what I saw.

I love me a smell of a triggered christfag in the morning

A follower of Jesus of Nazareth. Not really a part of any denomination nor am I catholic in any degree, but I have most things in common with the Church of Christ denomination in the US.

Lewis's Mere Christianity is what drew me in. I was tired of the mystical and emotionally based religiousity promoted by nearly every Christian and Catholic I met. And so, through grace, I stumbled upon Lewis's aforementioned book and later the short essay by Irving Wood, Phd, which is titled, "A Religion for the Non-Mystical Mind" (linked).

These two helped me build a true foundation for my beliefs to be built on. Other Christian philosophers have also helped, such as Aquinas and even modern-day people like Dr. Zacharias.

Irving Wood's work:
jstor.org/stable/pdf/3140481.pdf

This tree is older than Christianity

>reallymakesmethink

by the way this is an argument against all religions so yeh

I try to take my morals from philosphy, but I dont belong to any church. I kinda like the idea that all gods from all religions were just ayyy lmaos who just made a brief stop here for shits and giggles and then just left when bored

>atheism fag
>posts shitty normie memes
sounds about right

I'm agnostic. I don't think there's enough evidence to either prove or disprove a god, and I don't think it's possible to find out at the moment.

Kek is the only god who has demonstrated his power, everything else is some kind of cu'ckold cult that advocates letting people fuck you in the ass and turning the other cheek.

i'm an atheist but not one of those fags that go around laughing at christians - i'm extremely sympathetic to religious people and i'm super open to it. maybe it's because i was raised in a catholic family.

i just... don't buy it. i'm thinking at some point i'll hit a midlife crisis and convert. any tips?

thanks user really made me think

there were trees that big?

Artificial Intelligence would be better understood as "Alien Consciousness" ie: a God
Yes soon.

The Void.

It is nothing but contains everything.

It encompasses and eclipses all.

DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW.

LOVE IS THE LAW, LOVE UNDER WILL.

From unity (nothingness) comes division and separation. Through separation comes subjectivity. Through subjectivity comes desire. Through desire comes unification. Through unification comes creation.

As a sworn practitioner of magic and a seeker of God, it is my duty to know myself in as thorough a manner as possible so that I may come to understand my desires and develop wisdom in the art of unification. I look inward to find God, and once I know God, I will know what to do in this world.

i am a unitarian universalist.

Jesus turned 7 fishes into but 7000

Kek bestows upon us infinite shads

Infiniti > 7000

Kek > Jesus

Q.E.D.

Plus, Jesus was a filthy jew

Kek, we thank you for the many shads you bestow upon us in your Goodness and Generosity.

We thank you for the God Emperor Trump

In your Power, we delight.

Shadilay!!

Shadilay!!

We serve you forever.

Smite our CTR enemies, for they are heretics and fags and mods

Let the blood of 88 AIDS monkeys rain upon them.

Atheist. I've haven't met a single religious person in this country since I was in high school 10 years.

Christian atheist or cultural christian.

I don't believe in god but I uphold traditional values, because I recognize that our values and traditions stem predominantly from christianism.

Roman Catholic af
But since I am of Jewish Descent I tend to support Zionism.

>"I am of Jewish Descent"
>great great grandpa was 1/4 jewish
>mom is not even jewish, or mom converted to judaism

Every single spic kike ever.

Spic kikes are different than western kikes, you're as much mixed as everyone else yet you cast yourself as superior "wealthy" outsiders that put their diluted ethnic identity before their national idendity.

Orthodox Christian.

Illuminated Masonry.

No religion, but I practice the occult.

I'm irreligious.

No that is not the same thing as atheism.

Join nihilsm , nothing matters.

What are you 1500 years old? The cancer known as Islam has been violently metastasizing since 660 or some shit. It's gonna consume us all.

I worship only the republic

That's called being a kike. Western jews are just mixed with whites.

A new breed of nigger jew is being created in the universities of the USA. Should be interesting to watch them rile up the dindus.

who /absurdism/ here?